PDA

View Full Version : NLDS Prediction Thread (Braves vs. Giants)

PatelJ1010
10-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Who do you believe will win the NLDS Braves or Giants???

sfg554828
10-04-2010, 11:33 PM
This is going to end well. Gmen in 4.

metsfaninSTL
10-04-2010, 11:38 PM
giants in 4

Brave4life
10-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Braves in 4

its gonna be all about pitching

all the pitcher going in this series have been HOT

Tmo440
10-04-2010, 11:54 PM
Jason Heyward is gonna have a huge series, and plus it would be nice to see Bobby Cox get to the World Series.

OptimisticNot
10-04-2010, 11:58 PM
Giants baby! Do this ****! Giants in 4

lavell12
10-04-2010, 11:58 PM
Braves in 4. The Braves just need to find a way to win a game in SF and they will be fine. I think they will win the two in Atlanta especially if the Giants use a 4 man rotation.

JCmasta
10-04-2010, 11:59 PM
I love the giants and their pitching and i believe their offense is good enough so i'll lean their way. However i can see Lowe, Hudson, and Hanson pitching out of their minds and that pieced together Braves offense playing over their heads.

Should be fun.

lavell12
10-05-2010, 12:01 AM
i just don't get how everyone can believe the Giants 3 starters are so much better than the Braves. I could see if you leaned that way but it is really close, Sanchez in my opinion is clearly weaker than any of the Braves top 3.

downsos
10-05-2010, 12:05 AM
Giants in 4.

theproof
10-05-2010, 12:10 AM
Buster Posey is gonna have a huge series, and plus it would be nice to see the Giants get to the World Series.

Fixed :D

Gigantes4Life
10-05-2010, 12:20 AM
Better starters, better defense and better offense (as the lineups are now with the Braves injuries). Braves have a slightly better bullpen, but the Giants is extremely good and top heavy right now.

Although I'm not an ERA guy, Sanchez does have the highest of any Giants starter.

lavell12
10-05-2010, 12:33 AM
The Braves won the season series 4-3 but that includes two blown saves by Wagner. So the Braves starters have out pitched the Giants in 6 of the 7 games.

The Braves are also the more playoff experienced team, the Giants have a lot of vets but that includes guys like Aubrey Huff who haven't been to the playoffs.

Zaunnie
10-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Whoever is first to two runs will win since both teams don't have an outstanding offense :)

samanjerry
10-05-2010, 12:40 AM
phils in 4, oops wrong page

lavell12
10-05-2010, 12:41 AM
Brian McCann is going to remind people who the best catcher in the NL is.

wire32
10-05-2010, 12:44 AM
Brian McCann is going to remind people who the best catcher in the NL is.

Buster Posey??

samanjerry
10-05-2010, 12:45 AM
The Braves won the season series 4-3 but that includes two blown saves by Wagner. So the Braves starters have out pitched the Giants in 6 of the 7 games.

The Braves are also the more playoff experienced team, the Giants have a lot of vets but that includes guys like Aubrey Huff who haven't been to the playoffs.

not by much. experience doesnt go far in this series

JCmasta
10-05-2010, 12:46 AM
Might flip flop and go for the Braves, the giants always find someway to choke.

MELO 15
10-05-2010, 12:51 AM
I think the braves will suprise the giants, If you look at the last game of the season for the braves against the fillies youd see that this team has character and pride, and that huddy is a big time pither/hitter, I think that there bats have come alive because of the fillies in that last game, You guys will all be suprised at the end of this series, and they have that motivating factor of getting bobby that ring, wich will also drive them in this series, Id take the braves starting pitching over the giants, to be realistic, if the braves can take the first game, they win the series.:cool:

MELO 15
10-05-2010, 12:54 AM
Buster Posey??

You can only wish, and dream right. You know mac is the best cather in the Nl, bar none:facepalm:

thedfactor
10-05-2010, 12:57 AM
SF in 4. Rotation should go Timmy, Sanch, Cain, but prolly will be Cain then Sanchez

MELO 15
10-05-2010, 01:00 AM
If the braves get to lincecum, they win the siries

More-Than-Most
10-05-2010, 01:01 AM
Better starters, better defense and better offense (as the lineups are now with the Braves injuries). Braves have a slightly better bullpen, but the Giants is extremely good and top heavy right now.

Although I'm not an ERA guy, Sanchez does have the highest of any Giants starter.

:ohno:

Is why I am for the Braves :pray:

wire32
10-05-2010, 01:02 AM
You can only wish, and dream right. You know mac is the best cather in the Nl, bar none:facepalm:

:facepalm: yourself. i know which one i would rather have going into the playoffs

MELO 15
10-05-2010, 01:03 AM
This series will show People why J Hey will win the ROY, He is going to go of in this series as well

MELO 15
10-05-2010, 01:07 AM
:facepalm: yourself. i know which one i would rather have going into the playoffs

It doesn't take a genius to figure who u would want as your catcher, take a look at the video on your sig, But anyone who knows baseball and isn't being a homer would tell you that they would take B Mac, all day everday, mac has been doing this for quite some time, Posey is a rookie, he would have to prove to me through a course of time, some people are one hit wonders, hint hint guilt guilt:D

downsos
10-05-2010, 01:08 AM

In one of those wins we had Todd Wellemeyer pitching. Also, the offenses has changed quite a bit for both teams.

Just because the Braves SP outpitched the Giants in the small series doesn't make them better. Wagner had 2 BS against us. It would be just as foolish to say that Wagner would be prone to have more BS.

Experience has been proven to mean very little in the playoffs. Playing good>experience.

giantspwn
10-05-2010, 01:08 AM
Should be a good series. I'll take the Giants in 5.

Giants are better on paper all around with home advantage. I find it hard to believe just because its Cox's last season helps the Braves chances.

TheRuckus
10-05-2010, 01:14 AM
The Braves barely managed one win against the Phillies' JV team when they were playing for their playoff lives.

Giants should take this with relative ease.

stupidmop
10-05-2010, 01:23 AM
I am leaning toward my Gmen, but I don't think anyone should overlook the Braves. Especially since we will have to either win all our home games if we can't get a win in the Bowels of Hades (Turner Field, where the Giants never win).

VRP723
10-05-2010, 01:24 AM
Go Braves

stupidmop
10-05-2010, 01:28 AM
Go Braves

Debbie Downer!

VRP723
10-05-2010, 01:29 AM
Haha how am I a downer? I'm rooting for one of the two teams

stupidmop
10-05-2010, 01:33 AM
Haha how am I a downer? I'm rooting for one of the two teams

ahaha, just screwing with you.

sacgiants1213
10-05-2010, 01:38 AM
What's with the weird start time? why not schedule it at 6:45 or 6:30.. why 6:37?

Gigantes4Life
10-05-2010, 01:40 AM

And in other irrelevant news, San Francisco is located in California.

letsgobrownies7
10-05-2010, 01:56 AM
Giants in 4 in closer games than some may think.

giants73756
10-05-2010, 02:00 AM
I think the braves will suprise the giants, If you look at the last game of the season for the braves against the fillies youd see that this team has character and pride, and that huddy is a big time pither/hitter, I think that there bats have come alive because of the fillies in that last game, You guys will all be suprised at the end of this series, and they have that motivating factor of getting bobby that ring, wich will also drive them in this series, Id take the braves starting pitching over the giants, to be realistic, if the braves can take the first game, they win the series.:cool:

It's been a while since I've seen a paragraph this stupid.

giants73756
10-05-2010, 02:01 AM
This series could go either way. Hopefully the Braves' injuries are the difference.

davids22
10-05-2010, 02:12 AM
Lincecum and Cain get SF the first two wins in SF. Atlanta takes one in Atlanta over Sanchez, and then Lincecum is back on the mound in game 4 since the MLB playoffs is ****ing dumb and has WAY too long of breaks between games.

It's not really baseball if you only need 3 starters for a postseason series.

samanjerry
10-05-2010, 03:06 AM
posey HR last game of season, mac nothin. macs had a decent season like always but posey has gotten big hit after big hit late in the season.
mac in sep .226 .320 .345, uglier than my ****** in sunlight
Lince isnt as scary as he was last yr and before. theres just something off about him this season. Cain is a bigger threat right now (in me opi)
Gs homefield plays a huge role, braves suck on the road this season and i dont really care about past history much especially almost none of the braves players are from the 05 playoff team, but they have always chocked on the road. cant pick right now but itll be closer than anyother 1st round game

samanjerry
10-05-2010, 03:36 AM
hmmm us this the most interesting series? 40 posts here but only like 10 posts for other series polls

Dr.Philly
10-05-2010, 03:40 AM
Don't take it personal but,

I hope y'all kill each other during this series

thewupk
10-05-2010, 03:52 AM
posey HR last game of season, mac nothin. macs had a decent season like always but posey has gotten big hit after big hit late in the season.
mac in sep .226 .320 .345, uglier than my ****** in sunlight
Lince isnt as scary as he was last yr and before. theres just something off about him this season. Cain is a bigger threat right now (in me opi)
Gs homefield plays a huge role, braves suck on the road this season and i dont really care about past history much especially almost none of the braves players are from the 05 playoff team, but they have always chocked on the road. cant pick right now but itll be closer than anyother 1st round game

Yeah it's just decent. There are a ton of other catchers averaging 4.5 wins per season. He's been the best catcher in the NL since he became a starter in 06 and it's not really close. That's a fact. Whether Posey ends up being better than him over the next 5+ seasons remains to be seen.

samanjerry
10-05-2010, 04:35 AM
Yeah it's just decent. There are a ton of other catchers averaging 4.5 wins per season. He's been the best catcher in the NL since he became a starter in 06 and it's not really close. That's a fact. Whether Posey ends up being better than him over the next 5+ seasons remains to be seen.

it doesnt matter what happened in the past, right now posey is hitting better than anyother catcher in MLB. mac is should be the 6th hitter or lower.
just cause poseys a rook shouldnt take away from what he can do.
and just the same knowing that Mac can turn it on and smack one off the rocket,so can mac have a huge series

bullocks
10-05-2010, 05:36 AM
giants in 5

agoody117
10-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Braves limped into the playoffs and they are the weakest of all the NL teams IMO. Giants in 4.

ShockerArt
10-05-2010, 08:46 AM
I like the Giants in 5. I think their starting pitching will be the difference.

Pinstripe pride
10-05-2010, 08:59 AM
bobby cox goes out by getting swept. at least his final game will be at home

Rylinkus
10-05-2010, 09:05 AM
I've got the Giants in 4.

RTL
10-05-2010, 09:20 AM
I've got the Giants in four. The Giants seem to have the better team in every category imaginable except at manager.

Mopped_you
10-05-2010, 10:40 AM
This one is tough to predict, both teams are similar. Braves are a poor mans Giants. Both have very good pitching, Giants is better though. Both have very good bulllpens, Braves have that edge in that. Both offenses are weak, Braves offense being weaker. Giants in 5.

Saltinuts40
10-05-2010, 11:12 AM
Might flip flop and go for the Braves, the giants always find someway to choke.

I know the Braves have been to the playoffs a million times under Bobby Cox, but:

1. you only have 1 World Series win.
2. They've lost 4 World Series as well.
3. The last four times the Braves made it to the post-season, they lost in the 1st round.
4. In 2002, you lost to the Giants in the NLDS.
5. Haven't even made the playoffs since '05.

It's not like Atlanta doesn't choke just as much, and in a lot of those seasons, the Braves had the better 25 man roster.

CAIN=FUTURE
10-05-2010, 11:42 AM
I like the Giants in 4. If Bochy setss up the rotation correctly then we can sweep. You have to Go Lincecum, Sanchez at home, and Cain for game 3. I trust Cain a lot more on the road. If we go to a game 4 trailing 1-2 then Lincecum should go on short rest with Bumgarner pitching a crucial game 5, which I have no problem with.

cminolet
10-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Giants need to keep their momentum after their last run. Even though they lost 2 out of 3 to San Diego, they were still 7-3 in their last 10 including taking 2 out of 3 in a crucial series on the road in Colorado. Our pitching is lined up since we avoided any one-game playoffs and our bats are getting much needed rest. I would not be surprised to see get a 2-0 lead right off the bat. Then it just becomes a matter of closing it out. Giants in 4

TyHill
10-05-2010, 12:05 PM
I know the Braves have been to the playoffs a million times under Bobby Cox, but:

3. The last four times the Braves made it to the post-season, they lost in the 1st round.

It's not like Atlanta doesn't choke just as much, and in a lot of those seasons, the Braves had the better 25 man roster.

Looks like ya'll have the better 25 man roster this time around..looks like Braves win then.

TyHill
10-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Giants need to keep their momentum after their last run. Even though they lost 2 out of 3 to San Diego, they were still 7-3 in their last 10 including taking 2 out of 3 in a crucial series on the road in Colorado. Our pitching is lined up since we avoided any one-game playoffs and our bats are getting much needed rest. I would not be surprised to see get a 2-0 lead right off the bat. Then it just becomes a matter of closing it out. Giants in 4

im sorry but its expected of the giants to win the series vs the cubs, diamondbacks and the Rockies. The Rockies toward the end of the season were playing awful..being swept by the Diamondbacks and then every other team besides the giants since then.

Giants-49ers-Ws
10-05-2010, 12:27 PM
giants in 4..**** up atl

koldjerky
10-05-2010, 12:33 PM

Posey has had an excellent season and hasn't shown much that he's slowing down. Not knocking Mccann but a 4.1 WAR season from a rookie catcher with less ABs is pretty good. I'd honestly take either of them.

im sorry but its expected of the giants to win the series vs the cubs, diamondbacks and the Rockies. The Rockies toward the end of the season were playing awful..being swept by the Diamondbacks and then every other team besides the giants since then.

And the Braves lost 2 of 3 to end the season against the Phillies B team.

I think this should be a good series but I do expect the Giants to win out.

iggypop123
10-05-2010, 12:53 PM
atl in 4. heyward will be huge. i would feel more confident if the braves were actualy healthy with jones and prado but since these teams are so evenly matched and similar i give it to the braves.

JnasD
10-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Giants in 4 games

raidersrock99
10-05-2010, 01:13 PM

we played the braves when we were on a really bad stretch and i believe timmy was on his losing streak. all of our pitchers have been pitching extremely well the last month except for zito. im going to go

gm1-giants
gm2-giants
gm3-braves
gm4-braves
gm5-giants in 5

ShaqShoes
10-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Good luck to the Braves, but the Giants are the better team.

TyHill
10-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Posey has had an excellent season and hasn't shown much that he's slowing down. Not knocking Mccann but a 4.1 WAR season from a rookie catcher with less ABs is pretty good. I'd honestly take either of them.

Ok, and i still say the giants were expected to win those games. Phillies B team consisted of Rollins, Polanco , Utley , Howard, Werth, Ibanez , Victorino , Ruiz , D Brown , Schneider , Francisco all seeing significant PT during that series... Solid B team , right ?

samanjerry
10-05-2010, 02:32 PM

people keep bringing this up,
you do ralize the giants lost 2-3 to the pads whos hitter wouldnt even make the phils C team? obvi not gonzo
and it was the final game they had their "B" team, the 1st two was regular guys.

so thats not much of an arguement

ChaseHamels
10-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Braves in 4.

I think this is the weakest NL playoff race in quite awhile.

koldjerky
10-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Ok, and i still say the giants were expected to win those games. Phillies B team consisted of Rollins, Polanco , Utley , Howard, Werth, Ibanez , Victorino , Ruiz , D Brown , Schneider , Francisco all seeing significant PT during that series... Solid B team , right ?

Kyle Kendrick and Vance Worley sure are aces.

Hamels pitched 2 innings and in not one of those games did the Phillies have their starting line-up play.

Rollins and Polanco are playing because they need to get their swings back and playing time back.

brave/cuban
10-05-2010, 03:17 PM
So utley,howard,werth,ibanez,victorino,ruiz they need to get their swings too?:rolleyes:

LeFtY182
10-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Braves offense is going to explode this series. Braves in 4

Dr.Philly
10-05-2010, 03:23 PM
So utley,howard,werth,ibanez,victorino,ruiz they need to get their swings too?:rolleyes:

But you would agree that you guys were suppose to be the best home team in the NL right?

And you would agree that your Braves had no business losing 2 out of 3 (nearly blowing the 3rd game) in the series that you absolutly had to have... right?

Fred
10-05-2010, 03:37 PM
The Braves may not score in this series...1 run per game at best...If hudson can't win his game 1-0, then the Giants sweep, otherwise, giants 3-1

Note: there may not be 10 runs in total scored in this series

G1: 2-0 Giants
G2: 2-1 Giants
G3: 3-1 Giants

9 total runs....would that be a record?

ugafan
10-05-2010, 03:47 PM
I'll take the Giants in 5.

Also, people who keep saying the Braves faced the Phillies JV team or "B" team are clearly misinformed. Howard, Utley, Werth, Rollins, and Ibanez played in every game.

Fred
10-05-2010, 03:54 PM

Also, people who keep saying the Braves faced the Phillies JV team or "B" team are clearly misinformed. Howard, Utley, Werth, Rollins, and Ibanez played in every game.

correct that the starters played in the games, but most were pulled after their 3rd or 4th AB (there were a lot of runs scored)....at the end of most games, it was a Quad-A team playing for the most part...and, we had a rookie pitcher in the 2nd game instead of Halladay, and game 3 was an inning or two by each pitcher just to get them some innings - there was no continuuity to that game and they almost came back in the 8th for the sweep...

koldjerky
10-05-2010, 04:00 PM

Vance Worley and Kyle Kendrick gave up a combined 2 ER in 10 of the 18 innings against them in the 1st 2 games. The Braves could only muster 3 more runs in those remaining 8 innings.

Ok if it's not their B team it was there B+ team. The non-starters averaged 11 ABs during that series. That averages to a little less 3 starters sat per game. And the only reason Rollins was playing most of the series was because he's been out for so long and only played about the last week of the season.

kyubi256
10-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Giants in 4. Great 1-2-3 in Lincecum-Cain-Sanchez

ChaseHamels
10-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Any Braves fan that wants to justify the reasons they struggled over the weekend is in complete denial that their own ball club played like horse ****. Sorry for the thread jack, will not bring it up again.

thewupk
10-05-2010, 04:45 PM

Poser did have a great season. And he is a great talent. But nobody really knows what he is going to do over a full season year after year. The last two months of the season he had a sub 800 OPS. Whether that was teams figuring him out, him wearing down at the end of the season, who knows. He's going to be good no doubt. But as of now Mac is the class of the NL for catchers and he's been doing it for 5 years. 5 years from now we could be saying the same for Posey. Time will tell.

ugafan
10-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Any Braves fan that wants to justify the reasons they struggled over the weekend is in complete denial that their own ball club played like horse ****. Sorry for the thread jack, will not bring it up again.

We played like horse ****, but we played like horse **** against an almost full-strength Phillies team.

Brave4life
10-05-2010, 04:51 PM
I see many Phils fans here. but i have to say anything other than a playoff berth for the Phils would be a disappointment. A bunch of aging all-star locked up into deep-expensive contracts is gonna be fun to watch in the near future.

Injures psssh

I dont care if you guys had Howard on the DL and Utely you guys still had the strongest lineup in the NL and still were struggling. Lets face it without oswalt and the resurgence of Hamels god knows where the hell you guys would be. Braves only had 6 less wins then you guys while having NO power threat in the lineup. I am happy the Braves are going to the playoffs but the future looks brighter whereas the Phils will be desperate to get rid of those huge contracts. So do me a favor and stop with he HOMERISM and stick with your own blog. We dont need your insight about injuries we know our situation. Especially in AJC.com. A bunch of ignorant Phils fans come there and fool around. I never saw them when the Phils were 7 games out, but right when they start winning they jump on the bandwagon. Just worry about your own team.

I actually believe the Phils will make it, but anything under it I will be LMAO. Better take advantage of Halladay and oswalt before they break down.

koldjerky
10-05-2010, 04:55 PM
We played like horse ****, but we played like horse **** against an almost full-strength Phillies team.

The Braves have really fallen though to end the season. They played under (albeit slightly) .500 to finish the final month (+3) of the season. That included series lost to the Marlins, Nats (x2) and the Pirates.

Yes, the Braves didn't go up against the Iron Pigs to end the season but they also went up against other line-ups to end the season that they easily should've handled.

In saying this, the playoffs are such a crapshoot so that may not even matter. Hell, the 2006 Cardinals can tell you that you can still win limping in to the post season.

Brave4life
10-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Koldjerky

umm. right after the Braves won. Many of the players said they were pressing. They knew Bobbys situation and tried to hard. Of course they would struggle with that much pressure.
Worry about your own team. The thread states Braves @ Giants NLDS. No where does it mention the Phils. So take the Homerism out of you.

Brave4life
10-05-2010, 04:58 PM
UGAFAN227

Got to have faith in the Braves. dont give up. Anything can happen.

koldjerky
10-05-2010, 05:00 PM
I see many Phils fans here. but i have to say anything other than a playoff berth for the Phils would be a disappointment. A bunch of aging all-star locked up into deep-expensive contracts is gonna be fun to watch in the near future.

Injures psssh

I dont care if you guys had Howard on the DL and Utely you guys still had the strongest lineup in the NL and still were struggling. Lets face it without oswalt and the resurgence of Hamels god knows where the hell you guys would be. Braves only had 6 less wins then you guys while having NO power threat in the lineup. I am happy the Braves are going to the playoffs but the future looks brighter whereas the Phils will be desperate to get rid of those huge contracts. So do me a favor and stop with he HOMERISM and stick with your own blog. We dont need your insight about injuries we know our situation. Especially in AJC.com. A bunch of ignorant Phils fans come there and fool around. I never saw them when the Phils were 7 games out, but right when they start winning they jump on the bandwagon. Just worry about your own team.

I actually believe the Phils will make it, but anything under it I will be LMAO. Better take advantage of Halladay and oswalt before they break down.

So having 2 guys in the beginning of their 30s signed to long deals is really going to hinder the Phillies?

And please do not generalize about the Phillies having bandwagon fans because you, personally, haven't seen them around. Every team has fans like that. They're are plenty of Braves fans that I haven't seen around lately that were puffing their chests earlier in the summer.

Phillies are built and have been for years, their offense. They got better with pitching this year. You build teams year to year off of weaknesses. The Phillies were able to prove they can do that.

Pittz
10-05-2010, 05:02 PM
I forgot about Eric Hinske. He makes all the difference - Braves in 5.

CityofTreez
10-05-2010, 05:03 PM

I see your point, but our "B' players were huge!

Francisco had a 2 HR game, Mayberry blasted one, and Sweeney contrbuted to one victory. We just didn't play them the entire game, making it a semi B-level team. Plus, having Kendrick & Worley pitch also indicates it wasn't even close to our A-level SP.

To say we almost swept you guys is alarming IMO

Giants in 5

x15jordanx23
10-05-2010, 05:07 PM
like everyone has said, these teams are pretty evenly matched. call me whatever you want, i think the braves will take the series in 5. As long as we can steal a win in SF I think the braves have a good shot. I don't know if the braves have that much of an advantage in the bullpen now that saito and oflaherty are not on the NLDS rosters. For me, it will come down to how lowe pitches, and if he can come out and pitch like he did in september. Another thing, Braves have to come out with intensity, the 1st two games against the phillies they were almost going through the motions. I dont care who the phillies put out there "jv" team or not, what killed us was inexcusable errors that the phillies capitalized off of, which good teams do. If braves come out with the gloves and show a little bit of heart, i think they can pull it off.

ugafan
10-05-2010, 05:18 PM
I just think the Giants are the better team at this point in the season. Our offense is laughable outside of McCann and Heyward. Injuries hit everybody, they just hit us at a terrible time.

yankswin27
10-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Buster Posey??

This. Posey>McCann

todu82
10-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Giants in 5.

yankswin27
10-05-2010, 05:34 PM
I just think the Giants are the better team at this point in the season. Our offense is laughable outside of McCann and Heyward. Injuries hit everybody, they just hit us at a terrible time.

While I think that the Giants will win the series, you're being a little too hard on the Braves. They have a very strong rotation, and the back end of the bullpen is pretty darn tough with Wagner, Venters, Moylan, etc.

The offense is fairly beat up, but I wouldn't say that their offense is laughable. Omar Infante came in THIRD in the NL batting title, and I'll always view D-Lee as an offensive threat (he's obviously past his prime, but he's nowhere near finished IMO). Brooks Conrad is very underappreciated as well, always seems to come through in the clutch this year.

Gigantes4Life
10-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Yeah if the Braves had Chipper and Prado I'd be much more scared. That's such a huge loss, I mean, when you have the likes of Hinske/Ankiel/McLouth taking up two spots in the OF and someone like Conrad at 3B, you're going to have a tough time. Especially with only two really, really good hitters in McCann and Heyward.

Giants worst hitter will be Pablo Sandoval, which makes me feel comfortable. Of course every game will still be decided by one run somehow.

yankswin27
10-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Shoot, if the Braves had Chipper and Prado right now, things would be much different.

sfg554828
10-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Yeah if the Braves had Chipper and Prado I'd be much more scared. That's such a huge loss, I mean, when you have the likes of Hinske/Ankiel/McLouth taking up two spots in the OF and someone like Conrad at 3B, you're going to have a tough time. Especially with only two really, really good hitters in McCann and Heyward.

Giants worst hitter will be Pablo Sandoval, which makes me feel comfortable. Of course every game will still be decided by one run somehow.

Torture to the Max.

Lloyd Christmas
10-05-2010, 06:20 PM
I will say the Braves scare the **** out of me as a Giants fan. The Giants led the league in DPs and facing Lowe and Hudson means a bunch of rally-killing double plays. I voted Giants in 4 but I can easily see the Braves taking the series.

koldjerky
10-05-2010, 06:43 PM
Koldjerky

umm. right after the Braves won. Many of the players said they were pressing. They knew Bobbys situation and tried to hard. Of course they would struggle with that much pressure.
Worry about your own team. The thread states Braves @ Giants NLDS. No where does it mention the Phils. So take the Homerism out of you.

Homerism?

I must be a Pirates, Marlins and Nats fan too since I mentioned them as well. Roles seem to be reversed here.

I have not downplayed the Braves, they are a good team that are playing bad ball at the wrong time.

As a said in my homerism post, the playoffs are a crapshoot so you never know who will win. Again, ask the '06 Cardinals how limping in to the playoffs doesn't mean an early exit.

hype707
10-05-2010, 08:25 PM
giants sweeep

braveMania
10-05-2010, 08:57 PM
im very excited for this series! it should be really fun..but ill take braves in 5 of course..im not too worried about the giants batters..even tho ours are playing pretty bad too...good luck to the giants..go braves!

thomass
10-05-2010, 09:40 PM
braves in 3.. not even close

iggypop123
10-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Shoot, if the Braves had Chipper and Prado right now, things would be much different.

it really would be. i would be willing to call it a braves sweep if they had those 2 guys.

btownwhatitdo
10-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Mac is a great catcher but look what Posey is doing as a rookie.. He looks like a Vet already with his defense, arm, and bat he's hit 17 homers and 70 RBI's in half a season his my NL ROY over Heyward even though Heyward has more AB etc but he gets the upperhand with my vote because he's a catcher, and had the better season overal batting well over .300.

Gigantes4Life
10-05-2010, 10:32 PM
it really would be. i would be willing to call it a braves sweep if they had those 2 guys.

:laugh2: I bet you would.

Mopped_you
10-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Any ball hit towards Brooks Conrad is going to be an error. Braves defense is hilarious, and will be their downfall. Giants have the 3rd best fielding % in the NL. Defense in baseball is underrated, and the Braves are the 3rd worst defensive team in the Majors. Giants will most likely expose that horrific defense even more.

Gigantes4Life
10-05-2010, 11:13 PM
We will, there will be 9 chances for the Braves turn double plays in game 1. Hopefully they botch three of them.

samanjerry
10-05-2010, 11:33 PM
even if the braves had chip and pardo it would still be a tough series. chip is no longer chip and pardo was beaten up/down left right BA start, he was actually killin the team playing batting 3rd and not great D at 3. but the team would have been stronger thats for sure. and we dont have that great bench bat coming in late to murder relief pitchers which the braves were so great at

samanjerry
10-05-2010, 11:37 PM
lets be honest though, neither team will probably go deep in the post. 2 weakest teams in both leagues
fight fight fight! for 2nd to plast place!

Mopped_you
10-05-2010, 11:40 PM
We will, there will be 9 chances for the Braves turn double plays in game 1. Hopefully they botch three of them.

This will work. For sure.

esscobar05
10-06-2010, 12:28 AM
i just don't get how everyone can believe the Giants 3 starters are so much better than the Braves. I could see if you leaned that way but it is really close, Sanchez in my opinion is clearly weaker than any of the Braves top 3.

The 2010 stats dosen't say that....
Sanchez 193 innings only 142 hits given up 205 K's-- 3.07 ERA
That is pretty damn good!

Lincecum4CY
10-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Giants like to torture their fans. Giants win thursday. Giants lose friday. Giants lose Sunday. Giants win Monday. Giants come back wednesday with a W.

Gigantes4Life
10-06-2010, 01:14 AM
lets be honest though, neither team will probably go deep in the post. 2 weakest teams in both leagues
fight fight fight! for 2nd to plast place!

I'm pretty sure the consensus is that if any team will beat the Phillies in the NL it will be the Giants.

Bravo95
10-06-2010, 01:16 AM
I'm not trying to bait but how can a fan of a team who has never even hoisted the World Series trophy talk about the other not winning? Makes no sense. The word "only" is irrelevant, either a team has been to the winner's circle or not. I'm sure the Cards and Angels are just fine with their respective trophies.

Hopper15
10-06-2010, 01:40 AM
Hard to predict a winner because both teams are so identical right now. This series is going 5 for sure.

jmtapia
10-06-2010, 02:45 AM
very even series. Cant wait. I voted Braves in 4.

Lets go Braves.

Epic89
10-06-2010, 05:05 AM
Giants in 4

robdizzle3
10-06-2010, 05:42 AM
I have a good feeling we get Cain and that's why we need to get "The Freak" in game 1. Its funny how people talk about playoff experirence not being relevant. It matters because some people show up and some people dont. Some people cant handle the presusre of a big moment or playing a game with such magnitude. I like us being the underdogs, no problem with that, because it'll make the cocky Giants fans more hurt when they lose.

TyHill
10-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Mac is a great catcher but look what Posey is doing as a rookie.. He looks like a Vet already with his defense, arm, and bat he's hit 17 homers and 70 RBI's in half a season his my NL ROY over Heyward even though Heyward has more AB etc but he gets the upperhand with my vote because he's a catcher, and had the better season overal batting well over .300.

Posey sounds awfully familiar to a rookie catcher 2008, Geovany Soto..who was on a team that was favored to win and didnt do dick in the playoffs (.184 BA).. we will see how Posey handles playoff pressure...just sayin.

Gigantes4Life
10-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Except you know, Posey isn't Soto.

koldjerky
10-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Except you know, Posey isn't Soto.

no? :confused:

CAIN=FUTURE
10-06-2010, 11:34 AM
I have a good feeling we get Cain and that's why we need to get "The Freak" in game 1. Its funny how people talk about playoff experirence not being relevant. It matters because some people show up and some people dont. Some people cant handle the presusre of a big moment or playing a game with such magnitude. I like us being the underdogs, no problem with that, because it'll make the cocky Giants fans more hurt when they lose.

The Giants have been playing playoff atmosphere games since the beginning of September at AT&T, and when ever the dodgers come in for a weekend series. I have some worries about Cain in the NLDS, because of his last start, not because of playoff experience. I'm pretty confident in Lincecum, Sanchez, and Bumgarner though.

giantspwn
10-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Posey sounds awfully familiar to a rookie catcher 2008, Geovany Soto..who was on a team that was favored to win and didnt do dick in the playoffs (.184 BA).. we will see how Posey handles playoff pressure...just sayin.

Soto is secretly Buster Posey?! :speechless:

This must mean Jason Heyward is really Julie Hagerty!

WTF is going on here?!@

marlon641
10-06-2010, 01:49 PM

Sunday's lineup:
Rollins
Polanco
Utley
Howard
Werth
Ibanez
Victorino
Ruiz
Hamels

So who's on the A team again?

koldjerky
10-06-2010, 01:54 PM
Sunday's lineup:
Rollins
Polanco
Utley
Howard
Werth
Ibanez
Victorino
Ruiz
Hamels

Since when is 1 game a series? Plus don't you think the Phillies would've had liked to knock their divisional opponent out of the playoffs? Plus the Phillies probably would've rather had San Diego in the post season than the Braves. Plus Hamels only pitched 2 innings.

Plus I answered this plenty of times after I made this post.

marlon641
10-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Not much different from

Friday:
Rollins
Francisco
Utley
Howard
Werth
Ibanez
Dobbs
Ruiz
Kendrick

Saturday:
Rollins
Polanco
Utley
Howard
Ibanez
Victorino
Brown
Schneider
Worley

koldjerky
10-06-2010, 02:12 PM
OH, did they all play the whole game? I'm sure Kyle Kendrick, the guy who didn't make the play off roster, is the kind of ace the Phillies wanted out there to shut down a play off hungry Braves team.

samanjerry
10-06-2010, 02:40 PM
OH, did they all play the whole game? I'm sure Kyle Kendrick, the guy who didn't make the play off roster, is the kind of ace the Phillies wanted out there to shut down a play off hungry Braves team.

jesus christ yall need to shut up about the damn weekend games,
its over braves are in giants are in. they both have ****** O doesnt matter, how either one got in cause guess what giants lost 2 out of 3 aswell to a crappy hitting SD but they are in and you dont know what may happen. both teams can have offensive bursts any game

same ****ing arguments all ****ing day

Gigantes4Life
10-06-2010, 03:51 PM
What the Padres suck now? :laugh2:

What's all this about the Giants crappy offense? Pretty sure it's better than the Braves right now.

robdizzle3
10-06-2010, 04:06 PM
jesus christ yall need to shut up about the damn weekend games,
its over braves are in giants are in. they both have ****** O doesnt matter, how either one got in cause guess what giants lost 2 out of 3 aswell to a crappy hitting SD but they are in and you dont know what may happen. both teams can have offensive bursts any game

same ****ing arguments all ****ing day

Thank you. We both werent impressive at all, until the last game of the season, so we need to focus on Thursday Night. Both offenses have been pretty bad the whole year and saying 1 is better than the other wont get you far. Some Giants fans on here are trying to make themselves feel better by trying to negate everything Braves fans say, so they can sleep better at night.

robdizzle3
10-06-2010, 04:09 PM
The Giants have been playing playoff atmosphere games since the beginning of September at AT&T, and when ever the dodgers come in for a weekend series. I have some worries about Cain in the NLDS, because of his last start, not because of playoff experience. I'm pretty confident in Lincecum, Sanchez, and Bumgarner though.

Lincecum is gonna be tough and I agree on the Cain part, but because we've hit him before and he can be inconsistent at times. Sanchez can be hit or miss aas well, but we dont do that well against lefties, so i'll be hoping we stay close to Lincecum all night.

Lou Holtz Lisp
10-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Wow... SMH at these Giant fans. I know yall will choose your own team to win (And rightfully so, they are the hotter team and are healthy) but seriously Bmac is deffinately better then Posey! Then saying the Giants have better pitching rotation to bullpen.... According to..? Lowe has been the hottest pitcher in baseball the past month, Hanson caught fire and Hudson is being well.... Hudson. The bullpens are both solid but I'd take Wagner, Venters, Kimbrel over any 3 in the Giants BP... All three fireballers. Both our offenses suck so that is a crap shot. It will be a great series and yall are a very good team...That said, to hell with the Giants!!

10-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Wow... SMH at these Giant fans. I know yall will choose your own team to win (And rightfully so, they are the hotter team and are healthy) but seriously Bmac is deffinately better then Posey! Then saying the Giants have better pitching rotation to bullpen.... According to..? Lowe has been the hottest pitcher in baseball the past month, Hanson caught fire and Hudson is being well.... Hudson. The bullpens are both solid but I'd take Wagner, Venters, Kimbrel over any 3 in the Giants BP... All three fireballers. Both our offenses suck so that is a crap shot. It will be a great series and yall are a very good team...That said, to hell with the Giants!!

Blah Blah Blah, you basically ran away from this site when the Braves almost choked away a post season spot and now act like you're a die hard.

CityofTreez
10-06-2010, 04:49 PM

LouHoltzLisp is back!

After that bolded, I couldn't take you serious anymore (I mean forever). I would take Brian Wilson over Wagner + I would take Romo over Venters + I would take Affedlt over Kimbrel. Javier Lopez is a better BP pitcher than Kimbrel!

Also, To say Lowe has been one of the hottest in baseball is pretty broad.

Lou Holtz Lisp
10-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Blah Blah Blah, you basically ran away from this site when the Braves almost choked away a post season spot and now act like you're a die hard.

What don't yall get that I was banned for almost 3 weeks? During that time I was banned (Go check village of banned) and ever since I returned I've been on Braves forum nonstop. :p

10-06-2010, 04:57 PM
What don't yall get that I was banned for almost 3 weeks? During that time I was banned (Go check village of banned) and ever since I returned I've been on Braves forum nonstop. :p

Banned for trolling? Honest question.

Lou Holtz Lisp
10-06-2010, 04:57 PM
LouHoltzLisp is back!

After that bolded, I couldn't take you serious anymore (I mean forever). I would take Brian Wilson over Wagner + I would take Romo over Venters + I would take Affedlt over Kimbrel. Javier Lopez is a better BP pitcher than Kimbrel!

Have you even been watching baseball the past month? Lowe has been dominating to say the least (era around 1.00) and Kimbrel and Venters both have better stats then Romo and Affedlt!

robdizzle3
10-06-2010, 04:59 PM
LouHoltzLisp is back!

Im usually with you Treez, but not here, because everything you just is debatable, though i'd give you the Kimbrel bit, but didnt Lowe win Pitcher of the Month in September? Vents has been shut down almost all year. I understand Lou can be quite outlandish sometimes, but here, he isnt totally wrong, as you arent totally wrong. It's very debatable.

Brave4life
10-06-2010, 05:02 PM
CityofTreez

You are the definition of HOMERISM. You obviously love your team and hate the Braves. I hate the Phillies and love hte Braves. But to say that Venters and Wagner are no better then the Giants pen is just absurd. I honestly can prove to you statistically why Wagner is better then "fear the Beard" and Venters over Romo

Yeah i hate the Phils too. Worry about your own team. And of course you would take lidge over Wilson.....Right

Homer

Cityofhomers

ugafan
10-06-2010, 05:03 PM
LouHoltzLisp is back!

As one of the only level-headed Braves fans on PSD and a voice of reason, Wagner has been better than Wilson any way you look at it. Venters has been much better than Romo any way you look at it. Kimbrel has been MUCH better than Lopez. I understand you're trying to combat his stupidity, but you shouldn't fight fire with fire.

As far as Posey vs. McCann goes, Posey performed slightly better offensively this year and if you watch Braves games regularly, you'd see how bad McCann is behind the plate. Posey performed better than McCann during the regular season, but it's too early to tell who's actually the better player and who will have the better career.

Lou Holtz Lisp
10-06-2010, 05:06 PM
CityofTreez

You are the definition of HOMERISM. You obviously love your team and hate the Braves. I hate the Phillies and love hte Braves. But to say that Venters and Wagner are no better then the Giants pen is just absurd. I honestly can prove to you statistically why Wagner is better then "fear the Beard" and Venters over Romo

Yeah i hate the Phils too. Worry about your own team. And of course you would take lidge over Wilson.....Right

Homer

Cityofhomers

Well said. He's just giving me a hard time, me and him go wayyyyy back!

Brave4life
10-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Wagner

11 ER
5 HR
104 K's
.159 avg
.87 WHIP
.78 GO/AO

Wilson

15 ER
3 HR
93 k's
.220 avg
1.18 WHIP
1.15 GO/AO

ahh, do you feel let down know

CityofHomers???

Brave4life
10-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Lets go Reds!!!!

Gigantes4Life
10-06-2010, 05:15 PM
ZOMG DEREK LOWE>TIM LINCECUM

We're so ****ed

ugafan
10-06-2010, 05:16 PM

We're so ****ed

:laugh2:

He's been good down the stretch, so he gives us somewhat of a chance. I still like the Giants in this series.

Brave4life
10-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Gigantes4life

like the humor,

Brave4life
10-06-2010, 05:18 PM
I am actually rooting for the Giants if they make pass the braves.

Gigantes4Life
10-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Anyways let's do this right:

Bill Wagner: 1.85 tRA, Brian Wilson: 1.98 tRA (so basically an insignificant difference there)

Jonny Venters: 2.83 tRA, Sergio Romo: 2.18 tRA

Why are we comparing Kimbrel and Lopez? Lopez is a LOOGY. :confused:

Brave4life
10-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Wow,

Ryan howard has the ugliest nose i have ever seen. Freaking bees nest in there

ugafan
10-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Anyways let's do this right:

Bill Wagner: 1.85 tRA, Brian Wilson: 1.98 tRA (so basically an insignificant difference there)

Jonny Venters: 2.83 tRA, Sergio Romo: 2.18 tRA

Why are we comparing Kimbrel and Lopez? Lopez is a LOOGY. :confused:
Wagner: 2.10 FIP, 2.34 xFIP, 1.61 SIERA
Wilson: 2.19 FIP, 2.99 xFIP, 2.72 SIERA

I think it's fair to say that Wagner has clearly been better this season.

Venters: 2.69 FIP, 3.10 xFIP, 2.89 SIERA
Romo: 2.95 FIP, 3.45 xFIP, 2.58 SIERA

It's close, but I'd say Romo's been a little better this year.

Well if you can't pitch against everybody, you shouldn't be in the majors. :p

Lou Holtz Lisp
10-07-2010, 02:07 PM
:laugh2:

He's been good down the stretch, so he gives us somewhat of a chance. i still like the giants in this series.

smh

d79cheese
10-07-2010, 02:15 PM
the giants did themselves a huge favor with the decisions to keep zito and guillen off of the roster. over the last month, the giants are coming into this series playing better in just about every aspect of the game (offense, defense, starting pitching, bullpen) obviously anything can happen in a 5 game series, but the giants should win this series in 4. the only thing working against them in this series is inexperience

BigLee53
10-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Cityofhomers

and dont you forget it!! but seriously good luck in your series, ill be rooting for yous, only cause of Bobby Cox.

(what can i say, i respect him.)

We're so ****ed

OMG this guy is a comedic genius, sarcasm how original!

smh

and seriously.. you're not banned yet?! dont you have like 68 accounts? thats something to smh to..

Gigantes4Life
10-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Wagner: 2.10 FIP, 2.34 xFIP, 1.61 SIERA
Wilson: 2.19 FIP, 2.99 xFIP, 2.72 SIERA

I think it's fair to say that Wagner has clearly been better this season.

Venters: 2.69 FIP, 3.10 xFIP, 2.89 SIERA
Romo: 2.95 FIP, 3.45 xFIP, 2.58 SIERA

It's close, but I'd say Romo's been a little better this year.

Well if you can't pitch against everybody, you shouldn't be in the majors. :p

Brian Wilson: certified ninja

Billy Wagner: just some guy

and dont you forget it!! but seriously good luck in your series, ill be rooting for yous, only cause of Bobby Cox.

(what can i say, i respect him.)

OMG this guy is a comedic genius, sarcasm how original!

and serioulsy.. youre not banned yet?! dont you have like 68 accounts? thats something to smh to..

ZOMG SARCHASM!!!

GMEN4EVER
10-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Tight series. This might be the hardest one of the 4 to pick who is the clear winner. I mean come on, the yanks and phils are obviously winning their series, and the Rays Texas series is a tough one as well to pick I suppose, but with Cliff Lee going twice in that series and the Rays offense having the worst approach you could have for facing a guy like Lee and I see the Rangers winning that one as well. Now, Braves and Giants, there's a tough one.

The starting pitching is a wash, all three guys for each squad are perfectly capable pitchers, and any single one of them can dominate a good team. But, 2 of the 3 starters the giants are going with are right handed, and the Braves are much better against right handed pitchers than they are against lefties, so there's a mild advantage for the Braves in that 2 out of the top 3 guys on the Giants pitch from the right side.

Batting wise i'd give the giants a slight advantage, both teams are sub par, but the Braves are even worse now because of the injuries they've sustained, so the edge goes to the Giants.

Relief Pitching i'd give a slight edge to the Braves here, there's nothing wrong with the giants relief pitchers, they're the second best group in the post season, I just think the Braves have a deaper bullpen to work with, and having 2 dominant lefties and a decent lefty in the pen helps setting up match ups.

Defense goes to the Giants, even with the fat infield on the one side, they've got the braves beat on defense. Add that all up and you've got a tight series only a fool would bet on. I'm picking the Braves to win in 5, but i'm not really going for an argument on who's going to win and why, this series is too close to call with teams that are eerily similar in what they're good at and in what they're not so good at.

Mr_Ratings
10-07-2010, 03:07 PM
It doesn't take a genius to figure who u would want as your catcher, take a look at the video on your sig, But anyone who knows baseball and isn't being a homer would tell you that they would take B Mac, all day everday, mac has been doing this for quite some time, Posey is a rookie, he would have to prove to me through a course of time, some people are one hit wonders, hint hint guilt guilt:D

Brian McCann: 21 HR, .269 BA, 77 RBI
Buster Posey: 18 HR, .305 BA, 67 RBI.... Also Buster played 35 less games.

But yet you'd take Brian McCann? Keep the facepalm on your face through the whole series bro :facepalm: haha.

BigLee53
10-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Brian McCann: 21 HR, .269 BA, 77 RBI
Buster Posey: 18 HR, .305 BA, 67 RBI.... Also Buster played 35 less games.

But yet you'd take Brian McCann? Keep the facepalm on your face through the whole series bro :facepalm: haha.

ill take Chooch both those guys. :)

giantspwn
10-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Tight series. This might be the hardest one of the 4 to pick who is the clear winner. I mean come on, the yanks and phils are obviously winning their series, and the Rays Texas series is a tough one as well to pick I suppose, but with Cliff Lee going twice in that series and the Rays offense having the worst approach you could have for facing a guy like Lee and I see the Rangers winning that one as well. Now, Braves and Giants, there's a tough one.

The starting pitching is a wash, all three guys for each squad are perfectly capable pitchers, and any single one of them can dominate a good team. But, 2 of the 3 starters the giants are going with are right handed, and the Braves are much better against right handed pitchers than they are against lefties, so there's a mild advantage for the Braves in that 2 out of the top 3 guys on the Giants pitch from the right side.

Batting wise i'd give the giants a slight advantage, both teams are sub par, but the Braves are even worse now because of the injuries they've sustained, so the edge goes to the Giants.

Relief Pitching i'd give a slight edge to the Braves here, there's nothing wrong with the giants relief pitchers, they're the second best group in the post season, I just think the Braves have a deaper bullpen to work with, and having 2 dominant lefties and a decent lefty in the pen helps setting up match ups.

Defense goes to the Giants, even with the fat infield on the one side, they've got the braves beat on defense. Add that all up and you've got a tight series only a fool would bet on. I'm picking the Braves to win in 5, but i'm not really going for an argument on who's going to win and why, this series is too close to call with teams that are eerily similar in what they're good at and in what they're not so good at.

The Giants aren't sub par on offense though. At least not this year. They're actually above average in the NL. Only average when including the AL but still not sub par.

More-Than-Most
10-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Sunday's lineup:
Rollins
Polanco
Utley
Howard
Werth
Ibanez
Victorino
Ruiz
Hamels

Ruiz was out by the 2nd inning and Polanco didn't play. Hamels was dominating them and they took him out after the 2nd inning... They put Oswalt in and took him out after 1 inning... Then they put the worst pitcher in baseball baez in and basically gave up the game because they wanted to see if he should be on the playoff roster. The first 2 games they had all subs and rookie pitchers in and we dominated. the last game we had a good portion of our line up in but basically conceited the game.

More-Than-Most
10-07-2010, 03:22 PM
ill take Chooch both those guys. :)

http://www.icecream4chooch.com/

I feel the same way.

BigLee53
10-07-2010, 03:34 PM
http://www.icecream4chooch.com/

I feel the same way.

:laugh:

thats great. :)