PDA

View Full Version : I'm curious....who'd you rather?

nstojic
10-04-2010, 07:42 PM
the obvious choice would be 'other' but it doesn't exist in this instance... so, who'd you rather have owning the Jays....Rogers or MLSE?

Globe and Mail did a 3 part piece on MLSE, as an entity... I posted it in the Leafs forum and it got me thinking...

T.O. Fan
10-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Rogers.

MLSE is totally inept when it comes to sports franchises.

nstojic
10-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Rogers.

MLSE is totally inept when it comes to sports franchises.

but they're elite with business...and as the globe piece talks about, they feel that they underestimated and mishandled how a sports team runs and 'want' to change that...

LechWalesa
10-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Literally ANYONE could own the Leafs and make money.

T.O. Fan
10-04-2010, 09:11 PM
but they're elite with business...and as the globe piece talks about, they feel that they underestimated and mishandled how a sports team runs and 'want' to change that...

I don't think there's any denying that they are elite with business.

I haven't read the piece (I will), but it's good to hear that they are looking to change that.

One person I would love to see own a professional team (not necessarily the Jays) would be Jim Balsille just to see if his passion would be a good or bad thing.

nstojic
10-04-2010, 10:03 PM
One person I would love to see own a professional team (not necessarily the Jays) would be Jim Balsille just to see if his passion would be a good or bad thing.

i'd love to see that too.... good or bad, I like when guys take those gambles... it would an ownership equivalent to how Colangelo GM's...

Manatoo
10-05-2010, 04:53 AM
The one with more money.

Bob_at_york
10-05-2010, 02:48 PM
I like what Rogers has done. I think MLSE is great but I don't want them spreading themselves too thin and I am worried about conflict of interest.

dtmagnet
10-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Jim Balsilie.