PDA

View Full Version : ESPN To Launch "Heat Index"

TheBomb255
10-04-2010, 01:43 PM
ESPN.com will launch The Heat Index, a special section devoted specifically to daily, season-long coverage of the Miami Heat and their new superstar core of LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, on Monday, October 11. The Heat Index will be housed under the ESPN.com NBA section and will include in-depth editorial coverage (columns and blogs), video, audio, automated modules, social media elements, photo galleries and other multimedia offerings.

Editorial contributors to The Heat Index:

* Brian Windhorst – formerly with the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, Windhorst is one of the leading authorities on LeBron James. Windhorst has written two books about James and has covered him since middle school. Windhorst has been the Cavs beat writer/blogger for seven years and has won awards from the U.S. Basketball Writers Association and the Associated Press. Windhorst will be based in Miami as one of two regular beat writers assigned to the team.
* Michael Wallace – Wallace has been the Miami Herald’s Heat beat writer for the previous three seasons and is an experienced sports and news reporter. Wallace, an award-winning writer, will team with Windhorst as regular Heat beat writers covering the team daily throughout the season.
* Kevin Arnovitz – in addition to his role as managing editor and contributor to ESPN.com’s TrueHoop Network, Arnovitz will provide digital media content and edit portions of The Heat Index.
* Sebastian Martinez-Christensen – Martinez-Christensen will be a regular contributor to The Heat Index. He formerly served as a multi-lingual columnist and contributor for ESPNDeportes.com, a reporter for ESPN Deportes (radio and television) and ESPN Deportes La Revista magazine.

Among the features of the Heat Index:

* breaking news surrounding the Miami Heat;
* coverage of every Heat game and team practice;
* constantly updated aggregation of all ESPN stories regarding the Heat;
* Chase for 72 – an automated, daily forecast of how many games the Heat will win including ESPN.com’s John Hollinger projecting the odds of the Heat matching the Chicago Bulls’ record of 72 wins;
* Tracking the Big 3 – an automated tracking of how James, Wade and Bosh stack up against the best trios in NBA history;
* Heat Tweets – a module that collects tweets from Heat players and fans;
* complete video, podcast and story contributions from ESPN reporters Marc Stein, Chris Broussard, Chad Ford, Chris Sheridan, John Hollinger and Ric Bucher;
* Heat content from ESPN TV analysts;
* Hollinger Stats – automated applications featuring Hollinger’s analytics on the Heat team and players;
* Hollinger’s All-Time Power Rankings – a ranking pinning the Heat against the NBA’s all-time great teams;
* Triple-Double Tracker – a module tracking James’ progress towards averaging a triple-double for an entire season;
* Hoop Schemes – basketball analysis and video breakdowns by TrueHoop’s Arnovitz;
* video analysis by Scout Inc.’s David Thorpe;
* live chats during each Heat game involving Heat Index contributions;
* a Heat Index Facebook page;
* photo galleries of Heat players and celebrity fans;
* The Scene – Jemele Hill covering the culture, scene and lifestyle angles tied to South Beach as it relates to the Heat and the buzz surrounding the team;
* contributions from athletes, including former Heat players, and celebrities who live in South Florida and are regulars at Heat games.

Link: http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/2010/1 ... 9D-oct-11/

Wow.

Gators123
10-04-2010, 01:48 PM
:pity:

This is too much.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-04-2010, 01:49 PM
:yawn:

ShaqShoes
10-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Cool.

Storch
10-04-2010, 01:52 PM
I save this for special occasions...

:facepalm:

Zefflin
10-04-2010, 01:52 PM
God damn it.

beasted86
10-04-2010, 01:53 PM
So is Brian Windhorst leaving the Cavs beat writer postion all together or is this just a part time gig?

Because that would be ultra funny if he left Cleveland as well.

D Roses Bulls
10-04-2010, 01:55 PM
the Miami heat are already hated by so many already, ESPN is just going to make them the most hated team in all professional sports.

Hawkeye15
10-04-2010, 01:55 PM
the Miami heat are already hated by so many already, ESPN is just going to make them the most hated team in all professional sports.

seriously. The media is making it 10x worse than it already is.

Hawkeye15
10-04-2010, 01:56 PM

haha, I have never used one, and almost thought about devirginizing it today

Lloyd Christmas
10-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Awesome. So the Heat are their new Brett Farve. Hey ESPN, nobody cares.

TheBomb255
10-04-2010, 01:58 PM
I want a "Bucks Index" maybe ESPN should do this for every NBA team instead of just one team?

Seriously, this is stupid.

D Roses Bulls
10-04-2010, 02:03 PM
seriously. The media is making it 10x worse than it already is.

if it wasnt for ESPN, the Heat might actually not be disliked like they already are, but "the decision"and this 24/7 coverage on what lebron is eating for lunch and the rest of heat and now this.....and eventually ESPN probably will wonder why everyone hates them.

levignjw
10-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Typical.

DenButsu
10-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Joy.

WolvesJagsOs
10-04-2010, 02:07 PM
why am i not surprised?

Jonathan2323
10-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Bring on the hate!

I think Windhorst is leaving the Cavs. He's taking his talents to ESPN and covering the HEAT

JermanJaysFan
10-04-2010, 02:11 PM
It would be SO FUNNY if Daniel Gibson, JJ Hickson, and Varejao all somehow played out of their minds this season, became the best trio in NBA history, and won 74 games.

lvlheaded
10-04-2010, 02:14 PM
This is a joke right? If this is the case their should have been the Celtic index and the Kboe index, I used to be a huge supporter of LeBron but all this media basically blowing the Heat, I hope for nothing more than his failure...

avrpatsfan
10-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Wow.

hgtiger32
10-04-2010, 02:20 PM
It would be SO FUNNY if Daniel Gibson, JJ Hickson, and Varejao all somehow played out of their minds this season, became the best trio in NBA history, and won 74 games.

haha i think me and 2 friends would be better than that trio...

Boo2u
10-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Sure does seem like a great time for a new competitor to emerge and take on ESPN. The powerful sports network is slipping big time, driving "The Decision" with LeBron and now this Heat Index.

It seems all about advertising revenue, uber-branding alignment with big stars like LeBron, and gimicks.

I miss the good old ESPN that kept the focus on sports reporting and the analysis/opinions of retired athletes & coaches.

heatfan03
even as a miami fan this is stupid. nba needs to focus on bringing more exposure to every nba team. create ESPN Miami but ESPN heat index. lets be real over the top

Rivera
ESPN GETS ANOTHER :facepalm:

Carey
Brian Windhorst jumped ship too? Wow

mark1125
10-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Seriously.......I was moderately happy for the Heat landing these guys. Better them than knicks or Bulls IMO. However, the media and all of the frontrunner Heat fans (you know who you are. Join date of June 2010 and beyond) make me root for every team in the league against Miami.

And the person who wished for a rival sports network, I am right there with you. Just turn ESPN into the soap opera sports channel and leave another network to cover actual sports of ALL kinds. I would switch in a heartbeat.

lvlheaded
10-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Brian Windhorst jumped ship too? Wow

That one probably hurts worse than LeBron leaving...at least Windhorst won something while in Cleveland :rimshot:

iggypop123
10-04-2010, 02:33 PM
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/iggypop123/lebronespn.jpg?t=1286211023

Stunner
10-04-2010, 02:35 PM
D-Riding

CALIABQLKRS
10-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Being a Lakers fan I could care less about this.. I actually like it, more power to them. Im not gnna hate, does it mean Im gnna log on everyday and go straight to the Heat Index?? Hell na. But to me, I think all this Hype and ESPN bias is actually good for all the other teams in the league.. The other teams are gnna have a chip on their shoulder and will bring their A+ game every night.. the cameras will always be on whoever plays the Heat.. I can guarantee you that the Heat will get in alot of fights or near fights this year.. All this Hype is good for the rest of the league.. but bad for the Heat. Seriously if the Heat dont win the ring this year and LA or BOS do win, HUGE Dissapointment.. Enjoy the HYPE but Ill enjoy the championship again this year.. ;)

Jonathan2323
10-04-2010, 02:38 PM
I don't know why everyone is so mad. ESPN has special websites for CITIES: BOSTON CHICAGO DALLAS LOS ANGELES NEW YORK. There is nothing wrong with having a special page devoted about the HEAT.

Korman12
10-04-2010, 02:38 PM
I don't hate the Heat for this at all, this is solely on ESPN.

This is atrocious. This is taking away national coverage from every other team in the league, even from the team's that don't need it.

I'm not sure what exactly this makes worse, because I can't specify that many things.

Jonathan2323
10-04-2010, 02:39 PM
Being a Lakers fan I could care less about this.. I actually like it, more power to them. Im not gnna hate, does it mean Im gnna log on everyday and go straight to the Heat Index?? Hell na. But to me, I think all this Hype and ESPN bias is actually good for all the other teams in the league.. The other teams are gnna have a chip on their shoulder and will bring their A+ game every night.. the cameras will always be on whoever plays the Heat.. I can guarantee you that the Heat will get in alot of fights or near fights this year.. All this Hype is good for the rest of the league.. but bad for the Heat. Seriously if the Heat dont win the ring this year and LA or BOS do win, HUGE Dissapointment.. Enjoy the HYPE but Ill enjoy the championship again this year.. ;)

If its a huge dissapointment then you expect the HEAT to win. You cant play both sides.

jrm2054
10-04-2010, 02:41 PM
wow

TheBomb255
10-04-2010, 02:42 PM
I don't know why everyone is so mad. ESPN has spicial websites for CITIES: BOSTON CHICAGO DALLAS LOS ANGELES NEW YORK. The is nothing wrong with having a special page devoted about the HEAT.

Why not have one for Miami sports then? This doesn't compare at all. Boston, Chicago etc those sites have writers for THEIR teams. This Heat Index is going to have NATIONAL WRITERS covering the Heat. Why not have one that also includes the Dolphins, and maybe the Marlins as well? This is ESPN sucking Lebrons dick.

Last week, on the Top 10 plays, Lebron was #5 because he dunked the ball in practice pretty much.

"ESPN" The Worldwide Leader in Sports: How about they stick to that, instead of giving all of this special attention to Lebron.

PraiseJesus
10-04-2010, 02:43 PM
cool I like it

Boo2u
10-04-2010, 02:44 PM
I don't know why everyone is so mad. ESPN has special websites for CITIES: BOSTON CHICAGO DALLAS LOS ANGELES NEW YORK. There is nothing wrong with having a special page devoted about the HEAT.

Exactly... an ESPN Miami page would be great. This is just capitalizing on the situation in a way that turns fans off. I thought they learned better from the backlash of LeBron's hour-long Decision special.

We're all interested in seeing how this all plays out for Miami this year... even the haters. Nobody needs the force-feeding from ESPN.

Punkindrublic03
10-04-2010, 02:45 PM
God damn it.

lolz

bears88
10-04-2010, 02:50 PM
This is why ESPN is one of the worst sports network there is. They are garbage plain and simple.

godolphins
10-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Those bastards!!!!:mad: They don't want to launch a espn.com/miami site.

ShaqShoes
10-04-2010, 02:58 PM
It really is a pity that some people don't realize how special the Heat will be. If you are any type of basketball fan you would be intrigued by this. If you don't like it...THEN DON'T WATCH!

Heater4life
10-04-2010, 02:59 PM
They werent going to make espn miami so this was there idea.

godolphins
10-04-2010, 03:04 PM

Well why do they have to have a espn/ chicago, boston, new york and dallas? Miami is a top 5 market. They could cover um, the dolphins and the heat. The rest(baseball, hockey) is trash.

Jonathan2323
10-04-2010, 03:04 PM

Its much more expensive to make an ESPN Miami because they have to hire more reporters to cover each team, so they just made a HEAT index. Thats my opinion. I wish they woulkd create a ESPN MIAMI.

The L Train
10-04-2010, 03:08 PM

Me too, I think I've resorted to the facepalm only twice in my 6 years here, but this is absolutely worthy of number 3...

Rafer17
10-04-2010, 03:15 PM
:facepalm: :facepalm:

schilling
10-04-2010, 03:23 PM

(this whole rant is not totally directed towards you, Jonathan2323, but please understand what I'm saying)

A team that has yet to play a game with the trio can get ESPN to dedicate something entirely to them, but it's okay to you cause CITIES have their own pages? Those city pages covers every major sport, not just their NBA team.

The only major sports media company broadcasting on television in the United States is gonna dedicate a large entire project on one team? Isn't that against some sort of rule in sports? It's ludicrous. If was the owner of any of the other 29 or whatever teams in the NBA, I'm gonna be disgusted, upset, and demand just as much attention, especially when the "Big 3" have yet to win a championship, let alone, play a full game together in the NBA.

I was a little set off by ESPN to broadcast "The Decision", but that doesn't bother me as much as I am bothered by this "Heat Index".

Antipod
10-04-2010, 03:25 PM
another heat thread the main forum ... :facepalm:

h2r09
10-04-2010, 03:28 PM
funny how all of you think this is a bad idea. fact is the interest is there, and its smart for them to milk this story and team as much as possible. stop watching espn if you have a problem with it. simple.

schilling
10-04-2010, 03:29 PM
It really is a pity that some people don't realize how special the Heat will be. If you are any type of basketball fan you would be intrigued by this. If you don't like it...THEN DON'T WATCH!

I agree that the Heat will be something special in the NBA, but ESPN easily will over hype it. You will not be able to watch a single program on ESPN without hearing or seeing something about the program. That's just how they do things.

bears88
10-04-2010, 03:29 PM
stupid idea by a stupid network period.:facepalm:

mjt20mik
10-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Well why do they have to have a espn/ chicago, boston, new york and dallas? Miami is a top 5 market. They could cover um, the dolphins and the heat. The rest(baseball, hockey) is trash.

Miami is not a top 5 market.

The Heat were 13th last year in Operating Income.
The Dolphins were 17th (2008) in Operating Income.

However this is why it makes sense to have their own site for the heat. It would probably generate a ton of revenue, without them wasting money on the other sports in Miami.

LINKS:

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/32/basketball-values-09_NBA-Team-Valuations_Income.html

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/30/football-values-09_NFL-Team-Valuations_Income.html

daleja424
10-04-2010, 03:31 PM
this isnt really different than ESPNBoston, ESPNChicago, ESPNLA, ESPNNewYork, ESPNDallas... Its just that Miami only has one team worth covering that etensivly. They already have exclusve sites for 5 major markets...why are you guys complaining now?

davids22
10-04-2010, 03:32 PM
LOL U MAD PSD?

In all seriousness though, whatever. Did you all forgot about the "Lebron Tracker" section of ESPN.com during the summer? An entire section of ESPN.com with ALL Lebron headlines, a COUNTDOWN to when free agency started, and numerous writers/blogs discussing where Lebron should go.

This is no different. ESPN is a business and they love Lebron James. They are going to milk the Miami Heat for everything they're worth.

If you don't like it, then don't go to that section of the site. Just like I never go to ESPN Chicago, LA, Boston, ever. Why? I'm not interested in those cities teams like I am in the Miami Heat.

BTW I'm a Bucks fan first and foremost and a Lebron fan second.

bears88
10-04-2010, 03:34 PM
^^ I agree lol only one team is worth covering, their entire sports world is nothing , but garbage.

daleja424
10-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Why not have one for Miami sports then? This doesn't compare at all. Boston, Chicago etc those sites have writers for THEIR teams. This Heat Index is going to have NATIONAL WRITERS covering the Heat. Why not have one that also includes the Dolphins, and maybe the Marlins as well? This is ESPN sucking Lebrons dick.

Last week, on the Top 10 plays, Lebron was #5 because he dunked the ball in practice pretty much.

"ESPN" The Worldwide Leader in Sports: How about they stick to that, instead of giving all of this special attention to Lebron.

Actually, the two main contributors to the HEAT index ae going to be beat writers that are joining espn for this prupose: Mike Wallace from the Miami Herald and Brian Windhorst, a soon to be former Cleveland beat writer.

I am sure that others will chime in, but not anymore so than they would if this didn't exist. the national media was going to be interested in this team regardless of this site

AIsixersFK
10-04-2010, 03:40 PM
this is gonna be worse than the "Decision"

Hoopsadvocate
10-04-2010, 03:45 PM
^^ I agree lol only one team is worth covering, their entire sports world is nothing , but garbage.

Is that really necessary?

Especially coming from a tagline "bearsfan" this could easily snowball into a flame war between cities about their spots teams but instead check your jealousy when u post and avoid it. There not forcing u to visit the site its just there because a lot of people have interest in them if not it wouldnt be up.

Worry about your own team and your own players and the press or lack of press they get.

I for one hated espn (still kinda do) when they gave all the basketball headlines to the cavs and boston, not so much because of the attention they gave them but because it was blocking other notable things other players did (many times i saw a HEAT highlight that went unmentioned on SC over a borderline highlight just because it was the cavs team) But you know what i just changed the channel and stopped watching i choose instead to watch my local sports show to catch highlights i actually cared about and i certainly didnt go on PSD and hate on the Cavs the city of cleveland their sports history or lebrons skill.

If you dont like it then dont watch.

Grow up.

baseballguy247
10-04-2010, 03:46 PM

LMAO :clap:

Hoopsadvocate
10-04-2010, 03:49 PM

obviously a lot of people care. And not just heat fans because they wouldnt waste the time money and resources off something that wasnt providing them with gains.

You either love us or love to hate us. Either way your giving us attention and thats better than no attention.

godolphins
10-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Miami is not a top 5 market.

The Heat were 13th last year in Operating Income.
The Dolphins were 17th (2008) in Operating Income.

However this is why it makes sense to have their own site for the heat. It would probably generate a ton of revenue, without them wasting money on the other sports in Miami.

LINKS:

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/32/basketball-values-09_NBA-Team-Valuations_Income.html

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/30/football-values-09_NFL-Team-Valuations_Income.html

I meant that the city of Miami is a top market.

kArSoN RyDaH
10-04-2010, 03:50 PM
WOW! :facepalm:

CarniifeX
10-04-2010, 03:51 PM
At least it's a team, and not one person.

http://espn.go.com/losangeles/kobe/

News24/7
10-04-2010, 03:51 PM
funny how...

funny how heat/lebron fans come in here and basically say "screw you guys this is a great idea!"

Heat/Lebron Fans="you guys are pathetic, this is a great idea and ur all just jealous"
Everybody Else="ESPN :facepalm:"

Hoopsadvocate
10-04-2010, 03:55 PM
At least it's a team, and not one person.

http://espn.go.com/losangeles/kobe/

Game set match /thread

bears88
I bet ESPN want to put a tracking device or a probe up in Wade, James, Bosh's ***** so they can keep track of the type of **** that comes from them. ESPN jumps on the bandwagon way too much and they can kiss anyone's *** as long as they are making money out of it, which is sad and pathetic at the same time. ESPN are puppets to the Heat now.

godolphins
another heat thread the main forum ... :facepalm:

Yep because anything about the heat is important.
It's LEBRON WADE AND BOSH ON THE SAME TEAM.

kArSoN RyDaH
10-04-2010, 03:57 PM
funny how all of you think this is a bad idea. fact is the interest is there, and its smart for them to milk this story and team as much as possible. stop watching espn if you have a problem with it. simple.

stopped watching it about 4 months ago.

only watch the NFL draft or MNF.

bears88
10-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Is that really necessary?

Especially coming from a tagline "bearsfan" this could easily snowball into a flame war between cities about their spots teams but instead check your jealousy when u post and avoid it. There not forcing u to visit the site its just there because a lot of people have interest in them if not it wouldnt be up.

Worry about your own team and your own players and the press or lack of press they get.

I for one hated espn (still kinda do) when they gave all the basketball headlines to the cavs and boston, not so much because of the attention they gave them but because it was blocking other notable things other players did (many times i saw a HEAT highlight that went unmentioned on SC over a borderline highlight just because it was the cavs team) But you know what i just changed the channel and stopped watching i choose instead to watch my local sports show to catch highlights i actually cared about and i certainly didnt go on PSD and hate on the Cavs the city of cleveland their sports history or lebrons skill.

If you dont like it then dont watch.

Grow up.

what cant I have my own opinions and who the **** say am jealous hell no am not jealous . Like I said I am giving my opinion if you don't like it then its not my problem. Don't worry I am not going to watch it, I just hate the idea that's all like I said this is my own public opinion if you dont like it then its not my problem, every body has the right to say whats on their mind period. Tell me what there is to be jealous of I am not jealous of nothing. you heat fan act like it a guarantee championship if you got Wade, James, and Bosh. I could careless if you got all three players on your team. I only hate the stupid ideas that are being created because of those 3 players.

abe_froman
10-04-2010, 03:59 PM
they better win the title this year(while dominating the league)

_Supreme_
10-04-2010, 04:00 PM
ESPN will hop on the bandwagon of anything that can make them money.

I certainly don't like all the overhyping the media is doing, but it is a good business decision for them, so I guess you can't really blame them either.

mjt20mik
10-04-2010, 04:02 PM
I meant that the city of Miami is a top market.

Well considering that this is the NBA forum, I thought we were talking about sports markets.

But for the sake of argument, I decide to look up some stats on which cities bring in the most tourists. I found one that dated back to 08, that was from a pretty valid research company.

Out of the Top Cities in North America:

New York City - 7.6 Million
Toronto - 6.6 Million
Vancouver - 3.1 Million
Montreal - 2.7 Million
Los Angeles - 2.65 Million

Miami is right after LA, but I found it interesting that out of the top 5 cities (based on Tourism) in North America, 3 of them are Canadian Cities.

http://www.euromonitor.com/_Euromonitor_Internationals_Top_City_Destinations_ Ranking

dtmagnet
10-04-2010, 04:03 PM
It wouldn't bother me if ESPN's own satellite crashed into their HQ.

dwadefan03
10-04-2010, 04:04 PM
lol

Patman
10-04-2010, 04:09 PM
ESPN just overdoes it badly. They will probably feature the Heat Index strong on their NBA Page and dedicate a good chunk of their recourses on that. I really think it will just generate more hate against the Heat.

I couldn't care less ESPN is just trash most of the time now there will be more of it,and nearly all the half decent things now a days are insider.......

Delrayhc
10-04-2010, 04:11 PM
I AM A HUGE HEAT FAN , BUT THIS IS THE @#$^ING DUMBEST THING I EVER HEARD OF, EVEN DUMBER THAN LEBRONS DECISION SHOW.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lame .........:facepalm:

Khalifa21
10-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Well considering that this is the NBA forum, I thought we were talking about sports markets.

But for the sake of argument, I decide to look up some stats on which cities bring in the most tourists. I found one that dated back to 08, that was from a pretty valid research company.

Toronto - 6.6 Million
Vancouver - 3.1 Million
Montreal - 2.7 Million

Miami is right after LA, but I found it interesting that out of the top 5 cities (based on Tourism) in North America, 3 of them are Canadian Cities.

http://www.euromonitor.com/_Euromonitor_Internationals_Top_City_Destinations_ Ranking

Woah, that's pretty crazy actually... I would've thought Los Angeles would've been higher...

mjt20mik
10-04-2010, 04:19 PM
Woah, that's pretty crazy actually... I would've thought Los Angeles would've been higher...

Yeah. I would have thought Vegas would definitely be higher than Miami as well.

CHANGO
10-04-2010, 04:28 PM
Wow, espn :facepalm:

MIAMI HATES

Wade>You
10-04-2010, 04:30 PM
To the people shocked by this: have you seen ESPN Chicago? ESPN New York? ESPN Dallas? ESPN Boston? ESPN Los Angeles? That's too much. This is appropriate.

asandhu23
10-04-2010, 04:30 PM
LeBron's penis is getting molested by ESPN

asandhu23
10-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Where's Warriors index? We are one of the top 5 markets and we went through the most offseason changes in the history of NBA

Zefflin
10-04-2010, 04:34 PM

Indeed sir, indeed.

Shmontaine
10-04-2010, 04:43 PM
not even close to espn chicago, boston, la etc.. triple double tracker?? not on any other site.. stats tracking the big 3 against history's big 3, not on any espn i know... until now.... i wonder how long they keep this site up if the stats aren't there... index closed, or do they keep letting the crappy numbers that don't stack up track all throughout the season??

J_M_B
10-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Wow, as a Miami Heat fan, this is just ridiculous..

There is way too much coverage on Miami, but don't take your hate out on the Heat. You should be taking your frustration out on the media.

I guarantee, that Pat Riley and the rest of the organization, are not happy about all this hype and media coverage.

Super.
10-04-2010, 04:49 PM
To the people shocked by this: have you seen ESPN Chicago? ESPN New York? ESPN Dallas? ESPN Boston? ESPN Los Angeles? That's too much. This is appropriate.

lolwut?

Last time I check each one of those sports covered an entire area, covering multiple sports.

Not one team.

Appropriate? :laugh:

D Roses Bulls
10-04-2010, 04:53 PM

cause those are devoted to a cities sports teams as in plural, not a SINGLE TEAM

MiamiWadeCounty
10-04-2010, 04:55 PM
as a heat fan i :facepalm: this idea

leoncito
10-04-2010, 04:56 PM
ESPN = Lebron's B@@ch

mjt20mik
10-04-2010, 04:58 PM

I don't understand how that's too much? Those cities are sports Hubs in North America.

godolphins
10-04-2010, 04:59 PM

Toronto - 6.6 Million
Vancouver - 3.1 Million
Montreal - 2.7 Million

Well that means miami is top 3 in the US. But 3 canadians cities!!!! :speechless:

Chacarron
10-04-2010, 04:59 PM
This is expected from ESPN. First they had the Lebron tracker, now the Heat Index. Let's realize something here, more people are going to follow the Heat now that they have Wade and Lebron together, so ESPN pulled a smart marketing move with this Heat index deal. The entire Heat team will be under the microscope as long as Lebron and Wade are in their team, every little thing they do will be monitored and that would worry me if I were a Heat fan.

Pharoe18
10-04-2010, 05:02 PM
This is great!

TheWatcher34
there no better time to use a :facepalm: for the corporate media than now!!

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

mjt20mik
Well that means miami is top 3 in the US. But 3 canadians cities!!!! :speechless:

Yeah shocked me as well. I knew Toronto would be up there, but the other two. But hey, who doesn't want to go to south beach. I've been there twice, and I absolutely adored it.

Daze9900
10-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Bout to switch over to Fox sports on a permanent basis.

Wade>You
10-04-2010, 05:10 PM
lolwut?

Last time I check each one of those sports covered an entire area, covering multiple sports.

Not one team.

Appropriate? :laugh:If you'd put down the douchebag approach for just a second, you'd see that covering the sports that are worth watching is actually better than covering every sports team for that city. Why cover the Knicks when it's the Yankees Mets and NY Giants that are actually the competitive teams in NY?

Wade>You
10-04-2010, 05:12 PM
People here are just finding another excuse to cry about Miami. We've seen it all this offseason.

dnewguy
10-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Hahahahaha, The Lakers fans are mad. Maybe you should be more worried about the T Wolves than getting yourself hyped up about the Heat at this point.

WITZ
10-04-2010, 05:17 PM

:clap::clap::clap:

hugepatsfan
10-04-2010, 05:35 PM
I disagree with ESPN's treatment of Lebron. I feel they are very biased in his favor. He brings them a lot of money, so they do all they can to be non-critical of him. It's the same way they used to treat Tiger. I remember one time him refusing to do an interview w/ ESPN until they backed down off of a story that negatively commented on his play. Lebron is heading down a similar path IMO.

king4day
10-04-2010, 05:45 PM
As long as it's not a daily/weekly special on tv I don't really care.

moshy2
10-04-2010, 05:50 PM
First, the only people that are going to pay attention to the Heat Index are Heat fans and if you are truly a Heat fan you should already know the stuff they are talking about. All this does is help the bandwagon fans know a little more about the team except that Lebron is on it.

Second, why do you even need to look at the Heat Index? Just watch sportscenter, half of the show is already dedicated towards the Heat and its just starting preseason.

nycsports2
10-04-2010, 05:51 PM
fck the heat knicks are knockn em out anyway and i mean this.... nobody can beat the defense chant!!!!

still1ballin
10-04-2010, 05:52 PM
Hahahahaha, The Lakers fans are mad. Maybe you should be more worried about the T Wolves than getting yourself hyped up about the Heat at this point.

DaBUU
10-04-2010, 05:58 PM
:puke:

Jonathan2323
10-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Then don't click :p

bmac_121
10-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Typical espn... :facepalm:

schilling
10-04-2010, 06:03 PM
I love that Miami gets Bosh and LeBron and now the fans have become the most annoying fans on PSD. Not all are like it (Heat fans who are hating this idea, I love you), but come on, brag all you want when you win a title with all three, don't do it now.

U Mad? No, the letter U is not mad.

netsgiantsyanks
10-04-2010, 06:08 PM
some of these heat fans dont get it do they?? they really dont think this is going overboard?? they dont think that highly unneccessary "concert" is going overboard?? but no, i cant say that without being called a hater by some dumb miami heat fan which i bet 100 bucks he was ready to give up on the team 3 years ago.

netsgiantsyanks
10-04-2010, 06:10 PM
I love that Miami gets Bosh and LeBron and now the fans have become the most annoying fans on PSD. Not all are like it (Heat fans who are hating this idea, I love you), but come on, brag all you want when you win a title with all three, don't do it now.

U Mad? No, the letter U is not mad.

seriously. all of a sudden, some of them act like theyre automatically gonna win the next 25 nba championships. just shut the **** up, grab a soda, and see how this whole things turnout.

still1ballin
10-04-2010, 06:12 PM

then don't watch

Jonathan2323
10-04-2010, 06:14 PM
then don't watch

Then don't post (this line was created by still1ballin).

kjoke
10-04-2010, 06:15 PM
this is what u get when ur the best team in the league :)

still1ballin
10-04-2010, 06:15 PM

then don't read

:)

zeppelin6601
10-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Somebody has to go to ESPN and explain to them what ad nauseum means. Seriously, I'm a lifelong heat fan, but I almost feel compelled to hate the heat. ESPN really sucks the fun out of sports.

netsgiantsyanks
10-04-2010, 06:24 PM
then don't read

then dont log in

Tony_Starks
10-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Im not mad at that at all. Of course the haters will have another reason to stay salty but in all reality this is a pretty unprecidented situation.

Gators123
10-04-2010, 06:31 PM

then don't watch

then don't read

then dont log in

:eyebrow:

homestarunner93
10-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Windhorst is taking his talents to South Beach!...or maybe just ESPN.com.

Epicfailure
10-04-2010, 06:34 PM
ESPN. The National Enquirer of sports networks.

NYYCowboys
10-04-2010, 06:42 PM
Enough with the Heat....

bringinwood
10-04-2010, 06:42 PM
People are so ridiculously afraid of the heat it's kind of funny...

Never has a collection of players so talented and youthful come together and all anyone can think to do is bash, antagonize, and attempt to humiliate heat fans...

The funniest part of it all is that for every single bad comment, it just fuels the fire that much more... It also shows how truely afraid the other NBA team's fans are and should be...

I'll be watching history and listening to every idiotic comment from every single fan that isn't from Miami...

The reason ESPN is doing this is because they know that fans hate the heat... They know you are scared... They know this team is light years ahead of every single other team in NBA history...

Keep commenting though... Youll hear about it twice as much... ;)

asandhu23
10-04-2010, 06:51 PM

Never has a collection of players so talented and youthful come together and all anyone can think to do is bash, antagonize, and attempt to humiliate heat fans...

The funniest part of it all is that for every single bad comment, it just fuels the fire that much more... It also shows how truely afraid the other NBA team's fans are and should be...

I'll be watching history and listening to every idiotic comment from every single fan that isn't from Miami...

The reason ESPN is doing this is because they know that fans hate the heat... They know you are scared... They know this team is light years ahead of every single other team in NBA history...

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA. no

goose14741
10-04-2010, 06:51 PM
just stop

Jonathan2323
10-04-2010, 06:53 PM

:clap:

Jonathan2323
10-04-2010, 06:58 PM
"We're not the ones pumping the big three, quote, unquote," Wade said after Monday's practice. "We're not the ones who's pumping ourselves. It's done from the top, and if that makes everyone hate us. It's fine."

"It's not like we requested any of the attention that's been brought upon ourselves," Bosh said. "Are we going to shy away from it? No, it is what it is."

"Obviously," James said, "this is a big product for the NBA. They're going to market. They're going to market the Miami Heat. Now it's on us to go out there and do our job."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-ira-column-s100410,0,6136416.column

Heater4life
10-04-2010, 07:01 PM

:dance:

Super.
10-04-2010, 07:03 PM
If you'd put down the douchebag approach for just a second, you'd see that covering the sports that are worth watching is actually better than covering every sports team for that city. Why cover the Knicks when it's the Yankees Mets and NY Giants that are actually the competitive teams in NY?

Your serious? I don't know, maybe because the Knicks exist? Or I mean ESPN could just pretend that the Knicks don't exist.

The Knicks have HUGE fanbase, but because they suck we won't cover them? Why don't you take your genius ideas over the Knicks forum? Because certainly you seem to know more than anyone else.

This is just ESPN sucking LeBron's dick. Plain and simple, like they've done throughout his whole career.

Wait, did you just call the Mets competitive? :laugh:

Zefflin
10-04-2010, 07:07 PM
"We're not the ones pumping the big three, quote, unquote," Wade said after Monday's practice. "We're not the ones who's pumping ourselves. It's done from the top, and if that makes everyone hate us. It's fine."

"It's not like we requested any of the attention that's been brought upon ourselves," Bosh said. "Are we going to shy away from it? No, it is what it is."

Yea...you guys didn't pump/pimp yourselves or bring any attention towards yourselves...hahah ok fine Wade. I now dislike you, again...

And Bosh, **** you.

Cromedome
10-04-2010, 07:15 PM
:bla::yawn: More Heat talk?

mekedubs
10-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Wow, first "The Decision", then the rockstar party for the Big "3", and now this...

The Heat has yet to play one game in the NBA and they're getting a lot of attention, hype, media coverage, and now a site dedicated soley to the Heat? A stat tracker among other things to me just seems going a bit overboard... Last time I checked, the Lakers were the defending champions and Boston were the defending Eastern Conference champions.

ESPN is really going a bit too far with all this LeBron, Wade, Bosh coverage. Or dare I say LeBron coverage because you didn't see this much attention payed to Wade and Bosh last year, did we? It's like ESPN is afraid that they're going to miss something or won't be in the loop "in case'" something spectacular happens. Like they want to make sure that they get any and all coverage first...

I truly believe that if this so called collection of Superstars don't work out this year or the next, I can see one of the big "3" asking for a trade. And my guess is that Bosh will be first:)

But can anyone imagine if "The Decision", the party, and now an "index" would have been done for Kobe? Talk about hate? No sir... All Hell would have broken loose!!

mjt20mik
10-04-2010, 07:20 PM

Lol.

First and foremost, I just don't know where to start with your post. ESPN is doing this, because of the mass amount of people wanting to know more about the Heat. I'm not a Heat fan, but I still tuned into their practice that was on NBA TV. I'm sure a bunch of NBA fans did the same. It is a smart business decision to put it out there, since they can actually make money out of Heat's big three. It is not because people are scared. What kind of stupid logic is that.

numba1CHANGsta
10-04-2010, 07:24 PM
might as well call them the ESPN Heat's
:D

DreamShaker
10-04-2010, 07:25 PM
I was holding out for the Bobcats index.

hugepatsfan
10-04-2010, 07:28 PM
The Heat are going to be good. People need to accept that. They're going to win titles - not title, titles. But, Heat fans are jumping the gun when they talk about winning the next 7 titles. I expect them to win about 3 or 4 together.

1-800-STFU
10-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Great, just what I wanted. Cant wait for my daily heat index! YEAH

pujolsdabomb5
10-04-2010, 07:32 PM
now we will all know the big 3's stats in preseason minutes and if lebron doesnt score 100 in practice with a windmilll dunk the team chemistry will not be good

really espn you need to chill :facepalm:

krazylegz
10-04-2010, 07:50 PM
ohhhhh boy....see what you people have done??...youve made this as fixed as pro wrestling sport what it is...so drink it whole

SouthSideRookie
10-04-2010, 07:58 PM
This is dumb but I bet had Lebron gone to NY it would have been 1000x worse.

You combine ESPN and the NY media, and everyone would of had it much worse with all the damn hype and delusion that those media outlets live off of.

krazylegz
10-04-2010, 07:58 PM
i honestly think stuff like this will be the undoubted end to the nba....its such a joke...
1. the officiating is almost comical
2. they dont know how to market in the united states
3. they are globalizing the only export we have,which is sports,because we cant make crap anymore
4. and its as fake as pro wrestling

heattiltheend94
10-04-2010, 07:59 PM
As a Heat fan, I am embarrassed. Its not right to market special teams, and give them unfair press attention. This used to piss me off when Miami was an average, ordinary, team.

futureman
10-04-2010, 08:01 PM
All of this pressure can't be good for a team. I don't care how good they are.

bringinwood
10-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Lol.

First and foremost, I just don't know where to start with your post. ESPN is doing this, because of the mass amount of people wanting to know more about the Heat. I'm not a Heat fan, but I still tuned into their practice that was on NBA TV. I'm sure a bunch of NBA fans did the same. It is a smart business decision to put it out there, since they can actually make money out of Heat's big three. It is not because people are scared. What kind of stupid logic is that.

I'm not a Heat fan either...

That's the funniest thing... It's just the reality of the situation...

People hate the heat and this automatically creates more attention towards them... When was the last time anyone tuned in to see a Washington Bullets media session or heard someone say, Damn I hate those Bullets... hahaha... That's why they're now the Wizards...

You either hate or love a team... ESPN is in the business of making money... Since most of the nation now hates the heat, ESPN will give them more publicity so fans have a reason to hate them more...

The Heat are going to win championships and fans will continue to hate them... The more publicity you give them, the more ESPN will throw it down your throat...

I am loving the way people are reacting... It's funny... The hysteria that ensues after team's progress impedes with other teams progression automatically labels the better team " con artists, cheaters, corrupt, unloyal, distasteful "....

Maybe you should use the word or phrase that best describes the heat....

A group of winners that have come together for a united purpose...

drew_ellis_23
10-04-2010, 08:20 PM
I need a Sonics Index so I can see what the update is on a team possibly moving LOL

bringinwood
10-04-2010, 08:22 PM
I need a Sonics Index so I can see what the update is on a team possibly moving LOL

When the Sonics get two of the best players in the NBA to join the 2nd best player in the NBA, maybe you'll get your wish ;)

Or when they get enough of a fanbase in Seattle to not warrant moving half way across the country to a city that is 1/4 the size of Seattle, maybe...

That didn't happen because the Sonics werent worth their arena...

NYtilIdie
10-04-2010, 08:24 PM

You combine ESPN and the NY media, and everyone would of had it much worse with all the damn hype and delusion that those media outlets live off of.

Your hate for NY amuses me and no it wouldn't be worse because we wouldn't have two of the Top 5 players in the league on our team.

It didn't matter where they decided to go, they would have gotten the same, crazy attention they're getting now. They could have gone to Minnesota and would still be getting national coverage.

netsgiantsyanks
10-04-2010, 08:30 PM
The Heat are going to be good. People need to accept that. They're going to win titles - not title, titles. But, Heat fans are jumping the gun when they talk about winning the next 7 titles. I expect them to win about 3 or 4 together.

well, obviously theyre gonna be good. but good enough to win 7 titles?? doubtful.

netsgiantsyanks
10-04-2010, 08:32 PM

this. you know how some knicks fans are. :pity:

SouthSideRookie
10-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Your hate for NY amuses me and no it wouldn't be worse because we wouldn't have two of the Top 5 players in the league on our team.

It didn't matter where they decided to go, they would have gotten the same, crazy attention they're getting now. They could have gone to Minnesota and would still be getting national coverage.

Is it the time of month or what, grow up kid.

Btw, ESPN had no idea like the rest of us that he was going to team up with Wade and Bosh. Everyone assumed that he was either staying in Cleveland or going to NY, and ESPN still decided to do the "decision", so you're wrong in saying that it wouldn't of been this bad or worse.

tr4shb0t
10-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Thats unexpected. Did the dolphins get good or something?

dodie53
10-04-2010, 08:59 PM
espn is doing it
coz they can.

Korman12
10-04-2010, 09:05 PM
espn is doing it
coz they can.

This.

I think what we hate about it the most is that it there's no integrity to it, but it makes sense and they did it because of that.

Baller1
10-04-2010, 09:17 PM
I think it will be cool...

:hide:

I like the Heat, I don't give a **** if they're hated. It's unprecedented hate.

BALLER R
10-04-2010, 09:19 PM
HOLD ON....what happens when the heat lose 1 game....the next day espn index coming down?

Delrayhc
10-04-2010, 09:37 PM
fck the heat knicks are knockn em out anyway and i mean this.... nobody can beat the defense chant!!!!

Yea........................OK................... :facepalm:

Zefflin
10-04-2010, 09:37 PM

A bunch of losers that have come together to follow their leader for a united purpose...

Fixed. ;)

|x-M1NTy-x|
10-04-2010, 09:50 PM
and never 1 for the Clippers... hahahahahahahahaha

Perception
10-04-2010, 09:51 PM
**** ride Miami much?

streetballa
10-04-2010, 09:56 PM
News Flash Lebron changes toilet paper to Cottonelle....verdict "not liking it"

Update Lebron changes back to Charmin

Update Lebron say **** it and wipes his *** with $100 dollar bills.......

Is that what it will look like?

pistonsfanomg
10-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Tired of ESPN....

What's next? ESPNMiami? lol

streetballa
10-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Tired of ESPN....

What's next? ESPNMiami? lol

Naw they would have to change it to the flavor of the week. They should just make it ESPN band wagon.

mjt20mik
10-04-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm not a Heat fan either...

That's the funniest thing... It's just the reality of the situation...

People hate the heat and this automatically creates more attention towards them... When was the last time anyone tuned in to see a Washington Bullets media session or heard someone say, Damn I hate those Bullets... hahaha... That's why they're now the Wizards...

You either hate or love a team... ESPN is in the business of making money... Since most of the nation now hates the heat, ESPN will give them more publicity so fans have a reason to hate them more...

The Heat are going to win championships and fans will continue to hate them... The more publicity you give them, the more ESPN will throw it down your throat...

I am loving the way people are reacting... It's funny... The hysteria that ensues after team's progress impedes with other teams progression automatically labels the better team " con artists, cheaters, corrupt, unloyal, distasteful "....

A group of winners that have come together for a united purpose...

I seriously don't understand what you are trying to portray through your posts. ESPN is clearly making this site, due to the high volume of people wanting to know more about the heat, and how the 3 stars cope with the season. It has nothing to do with hate.

By your wonderful logic, your stating that ESPN would not market a team that everyone loves? It's just stupid to say they are doing it cause everyone hates them. They are doing it, because of the possibilities this team has in the present and future within the NBA.

NYtilIdie
10-04-2010, 10:18 PM
Is it the time of month or what, grow up kid.

Did you or did you not bring up NY when NY has nothing to do with this subject? Exactly. So I decide to tell you the truth and you spew this garbage? Sounds like you should take your own advice.

Btw, ESPN had no idea like the rest of us that he was going to team up with Wade and Bosh.
Yeah, because on the day of "The Decision" Broussard didn't repeatedly tell us his sources were saying Lebron was going to Miami :rolleyes:

Everyone assumed that he was either staying in Cleveland or going to NY,
No, all we ever heard was he was going to Chicago and we never heard the end of it in the Knicks forum. In the final week it just flip-flopped between Chicago and Cleveland, then towards the end of the week it flipped-flopped between Chicago and NY.

and ESPN still decided to do the "decision", so you're wrong in saying that it wouldn't of been this bad or worse.
What? I said they'd still get all the national attention they're getting right now even if they decided to play in Minnesota. Miami isn't even really a basketball town, but they're still getting crazy attention.

ball4reel
10-04-2010, 10:31 PM
who really cares

Cromedome
10-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Lebron James seems like a a-hole...so I'm kind of glad he snubbed the Knicks to go play with his 2 friends.

Other than that...who cares.

LeBronsMom
10-04-2010, 10:46 PM
The Heat are going to get so much attention. Even fans will eventually get sick of how much publicity there going to get.

_KB24_
10-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Why doesn't just ESPN have fulfill their dream of turning the site into a fully licensed porn site? I'm sure it has to be in the Top 5 in terms of being "jacked off" too by the media..... :pity:

Gators123
10-04-2010, 10:55 PM
News Flash Lebron changes toilet paper to Cottonelle....verdict "not liking it"

Update Lebron changes back to Charmin

Update Lebron say **** it and wipes his *** with $100 dollar bills.......

Is that what it will look like?

:laugh2:

dnewguy
10-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Ain't it funny that after decades of the Lakers, Bulls and Celtics dominating the NBA media cycles, their feelings are hurt that for once they're now secondary news. Dont cry guys, your time will still come.

beasted86
10-04-2010, 11:25 PM
Ain't it funny that after decades of the Lakers, Bulls and Celtics dominating the NBA media cycles, their feelings are hurt that for once they're now secondary news. Dont cry guys, your time will still come.

^

Baller1
10-04-2010, 11:41 PM

As arrogant as this post was, it's the truth.

DamnGoat
10-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Just another reason why ESPN is a garbage network now. And to anyone that says they're not biased...:laugh2:

wesso2008
10-05-2010, 12:36 AM
:eyebrow:

Apophis
10-05-2010, 12:51 AM
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a439/iggypop123/lebronespn.jpg?t=1286211023

lmao....

This is nuts... all I can say is WOW...

RollinDeep
10-05-2010, 01:06 AM
I didn't really think there was this much coverage wanted by the public aside from Heat fans. I mean sure, NBA fans are curious, and average peeps. But most of us will get what we learn by watching the games, the many that will be broadcast nationally. Maybe they'll release ESPN:HEAT branded collectibles next.

Guess I'll put my preorder in for the heat branded butt scratcher.

rapsallday
10-05-2010, 01:12 AM
The nba is official fixed to maximize profits...funny wat a little education can do for you

JNev
10-05-2010, 01:27 AM
Very necessary imo

CountSackula
10-05-2010, 01:38 AM
I can't fap to this.

saintdrew
10-05-2010, 01:53 AM
This is why ESPN sucks.

They constantly characterize sports athletes like they're comic-book superheroes.

MJ-BULLS
10-05-2010, 01:55 AM
ESPN is such a joke. :facepalm:

jbterrelle
10-05-2010, 02:17 AM
If anything, espn should have a show for every NBA team. that way whoever your team is, you can keep up with them and all that other stuff...this miami heat stuff is gettin outta hand..seriously. they get so many privileges and have yet to prove a thing...insanity

MacFitz92
10-05-2010, 02:21 AM
Wow.

mark1125
10-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Honestly.....do we hate the Heat? For me, not really. I can't stand:

1) Media dick riders like ESPN ramming it down our throats.
2) June 2010 join date dick riders. Fairweather fans bite.
3) Chris Bosh. I HATE that coat tail riding tool.

I can only imagine the dick riding if the Bulls or Knicks got these guys.

hugepatsfan
10-05-2010, 09:32 AM

BOS, LA, CHI - show me when they had their own index. You don't think it's a little ridiculous how the Heat are being jammed down our throats? I had to hear a preview of their first preseason game during Monday Night Football for Christ's sake.

daleja424
10-05-2010, 11:33 AM
BOS, LA, CHI - show me when they had their own index. You don't think it's a little ridiculous how the Heat are being jammed down our throats? I had to hear a preview of their first preseason game during Monday Night Football for Christ's sake.

They all got the most coverage in their day, it is just that we are in a new age of resources (internet, social media, etc).

The Lakers and Celtic and Bulls have had times when they were DOMINATING the national media...but there was no ESPN.com at the time...there was no twitter atthe time. Now Miami is getting all the coverage and hype, but we are in a generation where espn can force it at you from many different directions. Its the same principle though. The hot commodity sells...

daleja424
10-05-2010, 11:34 AM
besides...as it has already been pointed out... several cities have their own website as part of the espn network...and kobe has his own page going on...

that is alot more coverage then a heat index application running on the espn/nba main page.

topdog
10-05-2010, 11:51 AM
They haven't even played a friggin' game yet! What if they lose a bunch of games right away? Won't ESPN look pretty stupid?

daleja424
10-05-2010, 12:18 PM
yes they will... very stupid indeed...

Im guessing they thought about that and dont care though.

DLeeicious
10-05-2010, 12:31 PM
The Heat are perfectly set up for and on their way to the biggest fail in the history of time when they get bounced in the 2nd round every year.

Heater4life
10-05-2010, 12:41 PM
The Heat are perfectly set up for and on their way to the biggest fail in the history of time when they get bounced in the 2nd round every year.

We all need hope....

Ethix11
10-05-2010, 12:44 PM

:rolleyes:

Before we signed these free agents, our team hardly ever got any coverage. I just felt like all they talked about were the Lakers, Boston, or Orlando. Now I can just go to nba.com to read all kinds of reports. I will tell you now, if it happened to your team, you wouldn't mind it after being neglected for so many years.

AddiX
10-05-2010, 12:47 PM
ESPN turned sports into some gay tabloid type ish. :facepalm:

Shmontaine
10-05-2010, 01:01 PM
wow, going to be such a disappointment for so many when the season actually starts, and the HEAT are just a good basketball team, and not basketball Gods...

heatforlife
10-05-2010, 01:10 PM
dont be bitter people and let us enjoy this moment weve been undereated for so many years and weve been an 5 seeded team for so long and never got any espn time well now is ur time.. make way lakers and celtics the heat are comming....

Super.
10-05-2010, 01:34 PM
dont be bitter people and let us enjoy this moment weve been undereated for so many years and weve been an 5 seeded team for so long and never got any espn time well now is ur time.. make way lakers and celtics the heat are comming....

Last time I checked no other team in ANY sport had a national index.

smith&wesson
10-05-2010, 01:50 PM
man espn is really making it hard for the heat to fail. if they dont win a ship they will be very very embarressed.

CostanzaNumba0
10-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Man when I first read this I thought it was satirical but it appears to be true, i hate that network

JayHunter
10-05-2010, 02:35 PM
They love to kiss LaBrick James backside

mark1125
10-05-2010, 02:58 PM
They love to kiss LaBrick James backside

They are doing a LOT more than kissing it. Waxing, lubing, and well.....

I can see the PSD June 2010 posse getting the tissues and yoohoo ready as well.

Chronz
10-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Why is it bad to capitalize on something so popular?

daleja424
10-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Why is it bad to capitalize on something so popular?

this. love them or HATE them, everyone has an opinion, and everyone will be watching for one reason or another (rooting them on or hoping they fail).

can't fault espn for knowing this fact and taking advantage of it.

HuRRiCaNeS324
10-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Big Zo
10-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Last time I checked no other team in ANY sport had a national index.

So why exactly can't there be one?

drobe86
10-05-2010, 04:29 PM
I don't have a problem with it. I mean this is unprecedented. This heat team has a chance to be as good as any EVER. I'll root for my mavs every night but I'm not sure it matters everybody knows the Heat will be winning the championships for a while...

hugepatsfan
10-05-2010, 04:37 PM

It's not just a moment. We get an hourly update on Lebron's day to day activities. We always are kep up to date on Bosh's ******** tweets too. I didn't like it, but I understood the coverage at first. Now it's at a ridiculous level now. I wish they would be a little more objective about Lebron (and Bosh to a lesser extent too). They've both spewed some BS this offseason. If A-Rod ever made up racism as an excuse to deflect some bad things he did like Lebron did, he would be hammered by ESPN. But Lebron does it, and ESPN ignores it.

mikealike305
10-05-2010, 04:41 PM
lol at everyone thats making a big deal about it, why not?? i dont care either way and im a heat fan so why would non heat fans even care?? just love to hate and make drama, dont understand why... for u dramatic girls talking crap... if u dont wanna look at it... dont... it wasnt made for u... it was made for ppl wanting to see about the heat... im not talking crap about an ESPN, boston, dallas, new york, or L.A... so whats the big deal?

*Silver&Black*
10-05-2010, 04:56 PM
So why exactly can't there be one?

Maybe because the Heat don't DESERVE one! This world today in media is all hype.

In today's news for example, let's talk Palin at Dancing with the Stars. Oil Spill clean-up? Never heard of it.

Big Zo
10-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Maybe because the Heat don't DESERVE one! This world today in media is all hype.

In today's news for example, let's talk Palin at Dancing with the Stars. Oil Spill clean-up? Never heard of it.

2 superstars and 1 star joining the same team in their prime is something that hasn't happened and of course will get a lot of hype. If it was your team i'm sure you wouldn't have a problem with it so get over it.

yuoke
10-05-2010, 08:01 PM

x2

mjt20mik
10-05-2010, 08:12 PM
2 superstars and 1 star joining the same team in their prime is something that hasn't happened and of course will get a lot of hype. If it was your team i'm sure you wouldn't have a problem with it so get over it.

Thank goodness at least one heat fan doesn't think Bosh is a Superstar.

northsider
10-05-2010, 08:15 PM
It is going to be great to watch this and great for the NBA.

The best part is this will get the attention of the Non haters and even bigger attention from the haters themselves. I hate the Heat not because this year I have just never been a heat fan but, as a person who was starting to have a love hate relationship with the NBA this has brought me well back into it.

Every game they play will have a playoff atmosphere for the opposing teams. Everyone wants to know how they team will match up against what is most likely the East winner.

I can't wait to watch the first Heat Bulls match up. Heat fans should know as well as we do even before they got Bosh and Bron our match ups usually are fun to watch and usually end in a close game.

daleja424
10-05-2010, 10:50 PM
closed. this has run its course I believe. and it is also pretty HEAt specific...