PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best playoff Rotation & Bullpen is NL & AL

PatelJ1010
10-04-2010, 11:20 AM
The thread tittle says it all who do you believe is geared with great amount of pitching...I will do the AL since I love the NL way too much!!

AL:
1. Yankees
2. Rays
3. Texas
4. Twins

ishouldbeagm
10-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Best rotations- Phillies and Twins
Best bullpens- Braves and Rangers

in my opinion.

Pinstripe pride
10-04-2010, 11:43 AM
AL Rotation = Rangers
AL Bull Pen = Rays

NL Rotation = Phillies
NL Bull Pen = Giants

JCmasta
10-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Best AL rotation: Texas
Best AL bullpen: Twins

Best NL rotation: Giants
Best NL bullpen: Giants

Worst AL rotation: Rays(I think C.C is better than Price so that's basically the difference between the two. Garza and Shields have both been really inconsistent)
Worst AL Bullpen: Yankees(Mariano at his most vulnerable)

Worst NL bullpen and Rotation: Reds(This team should be swept)

CAIN=FUTURE
10-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Giants hands down. How is this even a thread? There is not one pitcher on the roster who I wouldn't trust to throw in a game 7. 4 stud starters, and Barry Zito isn't terrible. Best closer in baseball Brian Wilson. A plethora of godly relievers... Sergio Romo, Ramon Ramirez, Javy Lopez, Satiago Casilla. Theres a reason we lead the league in team ERA, and did something that no other team has done in the modern age of baseball.

Gorgon2k
10-04-2010, 11:51 AM
Giants hands down. How is this even a thread? There is not one pitcher on the roster who I wouldn't trust to throw in a game 7. 4 stud starters, and Barry Zito isn't terrible. Best closer in baseball Brian Wilson. A plethora of godly relievers... Sergio Romo, Ramon Ramirez, Javy Lopez, Satiago Casilla. Theres a reason we lead the league in team ERA, and did something that no other team has done in the modern age of baseball.

over emphasize much? I guess it's no shock your a Giants fan. if it is pitching staff combined I'd take the Giants, but if were seperating rotation and bullpen i'd take Philly rotation any day of the week!

Mr Haha
10-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Best AL rotation: Texas
Best AL bullpen: Twins

Best NL rotation: Giants
Best NL bullpen: Giants

Worst AL rotation: Rays(I think C.C is better than Price so that's basically the difference between the two. Garza and Shields have both been really inconsistent)
Worst AL Bullpen: Yankees(Mariano at his most vulnerable)

Worst NL bullpen and Rotation: Reds(This team should be swept)

If that wasn't the millionth time I'd heard something similiar to this going into the playoffs, or after a bad April, I'd chalk this up as something besides wishful thinking from a homer...

Joemoes
10-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Giants and Phillies are very similar...Cole and Sanchez have their ups and downs and great moments...You have to look at now and look at Tim Lince and Matt Cain vs Roys...The way Halladay pitched this year and Oswalt down the stretch is greater then Timmy and Cain but not by much.

JCmasta
10-04-2010, 11:56 AM
If that wasn't the millionth time I'd heard something similiar to this going into the playoffs, or after a bad April, I'd chalk this up as something besides wishful thinking from a homer...

I dunno, Mariano might go back to his old god-like self when the post season comes around but the rangers easily got to him 2 times and Cruz almost homered on him to make it 3 times.

beldugo
10-04-2010, 12:02 PM
AL rotation - Rangers
NL Rotation- Phillies
AL Bullpen - Rangers
NL Bullpen- Braves

carnage101
10-04-2010, 12:19 PM
to those mariano doubters:
I believe mo was the only closer in the playoffs who didn't blow a save last year. The regular season is a long season, Mariano always has a stretch where he blows 2-3 games and everyone says omg he is done but 15 plus years later dude is sill getting people out... go figure
Best AL: i'll go with a tie yanks and tampa,
Best AL pen: twins
NL: Phils- i still don' think people realize how good the Roys are
NL pen: they all seem shady to me

skymin5
10-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Best AL playoff rotation has to go to the Rangers I think. CJ Wilson and Colby Lewis have been better than the 2-3's of the other teams. All 4 teams rotations are on the verge of really good, but I think the Rangers have slightly less question marks.

AL rotation- Rangers
AL pen- Twins
NL rotation- Phillies
NL pen- Braves

MooseWithFleas
10-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Nl rotation: phils
nl bp: giants

Al rotation: rays
Ab bp: no clear favorite for me

Giantwarrior
10-04-2010, 12:59 PM
giants have the lowest team ERA if that counts for anything.

bringinwood
10-04-2010, 01:10 PM
I dunno, Mariano might go back to his old god-like self when the post season comes around but the rangers easily got to him 2 times and Cruz almost homered on him to make it 3 times.

Lidge has pulled this exact act two years in a row...

Seems to be working for him...

Twins Fan 7
10-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Rauch
Guerrier
Crain
Fuentes
Capps

I'm not going to say it's the best because I'm biased, but that's pretty good.

sfg554828
10-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Not trying to be a homer or anything, but the Giants have the best pitching staff in the Majors. They have the best team ERA. Dont really pay attention to the AL, so I cant comment on that League.

mdlr52192
10-04-2010, 02:22 PM
NL Rotation: Phils
NL Bullpen: Giants

AL Rotation: Rangers
AL Bullpen: I'm gonna have to go with the Rangers

Mopped_you
10-04-2010, 02:30 PM
NL Rotation - Phillies.
NL Bullpen - Braves.

AL Rotation - Rangers.
AL Bullpen - Rays.

ndfightirish12
10-04-2010, 02:44 PM

not a chance philly is clearly the best in the NL.. as much as i hate to say it

ndfightirish12
10-04-2010, 02:47 PM
if aj burnett wasnt having such a s hit year then id say the yanks with cc andy aj and phil but for now im gonna say texas

TyHill
10-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Best AL playoff rotation has to go to the Rangers I think. CJ Wilson and Colby Lewis have been better than the 2-3's of the other teams. All 4 teams rotations are on the verge of really good, but I think the Rangers have slightly less question marks.

AL rotation- Rangers
AL pen- Twins
NL rotation- Phillies
NL pen- Braves

This..

awesomeovie8
10-04-2010, 03:20 PM
Not trying to be a homer or anything, but the Giants have the best pitching staff in the Majors. They have the best team ERA. Dont really pay attention to the AL, so I cant comment on that League.

It has also a very pitcher friendly park.

ShaqShoes
10-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Rotation: Yankees
Bullpen: Rays

Rotation: Phillies
Bullpen: Giants

Gigantes4Life
10-04-2010, 03:37 PM
Braves have the best NL bullpen, Phillies the best rotation, and the Giants have the best all-around pitching/defense.

sfg554828
10-04-2010, 06:18 PM
It has also a very pitcher friendly park.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=MLB&columnid=165&articleid=32117

Not according to this article.

Jeffy25
10-04-2010, 06:22 PM
no mention of the two best era's rotation and bullpen this year?

Padres and Cardinals.....spank!

Even though both lack significant depth, they were very very solid this year.

ChaseHamels
10-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Halladay/Oswalt/Hamels>>>over any rotation

No homer, straight fact.

SouljahPhil...
10-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Best AL rotation -?? Don't know..seems 3 teams have an ace on top but a poor 2 and 3rd guy..
and bullpen-Rays

Best NL rotation -Giants and bullpen-Phillies

Gigantes4Life
10-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Best AL rotation -?? Don't know..seems 3 teams have an ace on top but a poor 2 and 3rd guy..
and bullpen-Rays

Best NL rotation -Giants and bullpen-Phillies

I think you're a bit confused about the NL.

GoatMilk
10-04-2010, 09:05 PM
no mention of the two best era's rotation and bullpen this year?

Padres and Cardinals.....spank!

Even though both lack significant depth, they were very very solid this year.

maybe because the thread is about playoff staffs?

NCBoSoxfan21
10-04-2010, 09:22 PM

The combo of Halladay/Oswalt rapes Lincecum/Cain/Bum/Sanchez right now. Sorry.

GoatMilk
10-04-2010, 09:33 PM
The combo of Halladay/Oswalt rapes Lincecum/Cain/Bum/Sanchez right now. Sorry.
nobody is raping anybody right now
go look at their september numbers since you said "right now"

6 stud pitchers. i might give the edge to SF overall RIGHT NOW
overall, yes the Phils roto is better, but SF is pitching brilliantly right now as well

JCmasta
10-04-2010, 09:40 PM
Something about Oswalt bugs me, i think some team is gonna whack him in the playoffs and who knows what you're gonna get from Hamels. Dude was a headcase last year.

NCBoSoxfan21
10-04-2010, 09:42 PM
nobody is raping anybody right now
go look at their september numbers since you said "right now"

6 stud pitchers. i might give the edge to SF overall RIGHT NOW
overall, yes the Phils roto is better, but SF is pitching brilliantly right now as well

Right now means this season not the past few weeks.

Halladay and Oswalt are on the career down swing.

Lincecum/Cain/Bumgarner are only going to mature and get better.

I actually believe Cain will surpass Lincecum in the near future.

Also who are these 6 STUD PITCHERS?

Lincecum is a stud. Cain is an almost stud. The rest are slight above average to average...

Perception
10-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Rangers in the AL.

Lee, Wilson, Lewis .. Feliz closing.

PatelJ1010
10-04-2010, 09:59 PM
All Phillies Fans and Giants Fans check this out
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/boxscore;_ylt=ApD5V3F1IeyBDaKSzU7DVeW4u7YF?gid=300 426126

I really don't think the Giants are afraid of Halladay since they did this off him plus... We won twice(2 Times) off Oswalt soo I believe we have a good shot at turning the Phillies against them

PatelJ1010
10-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Well I will put my NL picks in order:

1. Braves (Hudson & Lowe have experience)
2. Giants
3. Phillies (Halladay 1st Playoff appearences and look at his workload this yr alot of innings)
4. Reds (No brainer)

CAIN=FUTURE
10-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Right now means this season not the past few weeks.

Halladay and Oswalt are on the career down swing.

Lincecum/Cain/Bumgarner are only going to mature and get better.

I actually believe Cain will surpass Lincecum in the near future.

Also who are these 6 STUD PITCHERS?

Lincecum is a stud. Cain is an almost stud. The rest are slight above average to average...

Whats you deffiniton of stud? If you think Jonathan Sanchez in above average you need to join us in 2010. He surpassed being above average when he no hit the Padres last season. With a sparkling 3.07 ERA, and 205 k's makes Jonathan Sanchez one of the best left handed pitchers in baseball. Madison Bumgarner turned 21 this season, and he is already posting All Star numbers.

CAIN=FUTURE
10-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Brian Wilson is a stud as well.

cminolet
10-04-2010, 10:41 PM
AL Rotation: Rays
AL 'Pen: tie between Twins and Rays
NL Rotation: Giants
NL 'Pen: Giants

GeriatricMoyer
10-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Is it me, or are Giant fans in this forum the absolute worst?

I remember my first playoffs...

That being said, Best NL Playoff Rotation (it doesn't matter if you have 9 stud pitchers) - Phillies, Giants not too far behind.

Best NL Bullpen - Giants, Braves close second.

Best AL Playoff Rotation - Rangers

Best AL Bullpen - I'm really not sure so I'm not going to try.

Gigantes4Life
10-04-2010, 10:52 PM
I don't like to cherry pick stats, but it's obvious that Lincecum was mechanically off in August. If you take those starts out:

Lincecum's FIP for the year would be 2.89. Halladay's would be 3.01. Lincecum's best month was September. Halladay's worst month was September (talking FIP here).

And of course, Lincecum was a 7.7 and 8.4 WAR pitcher the past two years while Halladay was 7.1 and 7.0.

(I would look at tRA but I don't know where to go to isolate months).

Matt Cain was a 3.58 tRA pitcher this year while Oswalt was 3.36, although it should be noted that Oswalt was 2.99 as a Phillie.

Hamels was 3.67 while Sanchez was 4.17. And if the Phillies use Blanton and the Giants Bumgarner, the Giants have that advantage (3.85 to 4.60).

So yeah, the Phillies pitching definitely does not rape the Giants.

sfg554828
10-04-2010, 11:00 PM
I don't like to cherry pick stats, but it's obvious that Lincecum was mechanically off in August. If you take those starts out:

Lincecum's FIP for the year would be 2.89. Halladay's would be 3.01. Lincecum's best month was September. Halladay's worst month was September (talking FIP here).

And of course, Lincecum was a 7.7 and 8.4 WAR pitcher the past two years while Halladay was 7.1 and 7.0.

(I would look at tRA but I don't know where to go to isolate months).

Matt Cain was a 3.58 tRA pitcher this year while Oswalt was 3.36, although it should be noted that Oswalt was 2.99 as a Phillie.

Hamels was 3.67 while Sanchez was 4.17. And if the Phillies use Blanton and the Giants Bumgarner, the Giants have that advantage (3.85 to 4.60).

So yeah, the Phillies pitching definitely does not rape the Giants.

Dont forget about the studmeter stat. Because apparently the Phillies rape us on that stat.

lavell12
10-04-2010, 11:09 PM
I think the Braves rotation is the most underrated in the playoffs. They will easily have the edge in game 3 b/c Hudson/Hanson are better than Sanchez. Lowe just won pitcher of the month in September and is on fire with post season experience. Remember none of the giants top 3 have ever pitched in a playoff game while Hudson and Lowe have vast experience.

eagles1baby4me
10-04-2010, 11:13 PM
talkin straight rotation, youre a moron if u dont say phillies...thats not homer, thats jus baseball

Havoc Wreaker
10-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Nl rotation: phils
nl bp: giants

Al rotation: rays
Ab bp: no clear favorite for me

Look at you double posting like a n00b

Also, this is a thread of opinions, so everyone is entitled to their own.

Let's just wait until the playoffs are over to call people blind homers and stupid.

sfg554828
10-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Look at you double posting like a n00b

Also, this is a thread of opinions, so everyone is entitled to their own.

Let's just wait until the playoffs are over to call people blind homers and stupid.

I actually agree with a Philly fan for once. Let the playoffs decide who is the best. There is a reason we play them.

koreancabbage
10-05-2010, 01:05 AM
im just gonna say Phils man... Halladay, Hamels, Oswalt. 3 aces in a playoff series. GG

everyone else is a distant 2nd. Not liking the Yankees starting rotation at all- too much inconsistency in that rotation. But we'll see in a shortened rotation of Burnett Sabathia Hughes and Pettitte can do in a short term thing. loving the Ray's rotation however.

TheNatural
10-05-2010, 02:11 AM
Best AL rotation : Rangers, with honorable mention to the Yankees.
Best AL Bullpen : Twins, with honorable mention to Rangers and Rays.

Best NL rotation : Phillies by a mile.
Best NL bullpen : I'll go with the Giants... Maybe.