PDA

View Full Version : So how many of you are doubting the Suns this year??

AI4MVP
10-03-2010, 06:07 PM
I just wanna know the people that think the suns WILL NOT make the playoffs.

Jeff Boyd
10-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Me.

MTar786
10-03-2010, 06:12 PM
it doesnt matter. they wont get past the 1st round even if they do

DMasta718
10-03-2010, 06:15 PM
I think they are making the playoffs.

kdspurman
10-03-2010, 06:21 PM
I think they make the playoffs. But their lack of size will prevent them from getting over the hump in the western conference.

HuRRiCaNeS324
10-03-2010, 06:32 PM
They are definitely making the playoffs just because their bench is too nasty. But it doesnt matter really, they're not gonna win it all.

netsgiantsyanks
10-03-2010, 06:38 PM
a first round exit, second round at best IMO

topdog
10-03-2010, 06:45 PM
It's a toss-up but they are not contenders.

llemon
10-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Isn't that a rather personal question?

Raidaz4Life
10-03-2010, 06:46 PM
I am, they have a lot of depth but not the talent to make another deep run in the playoffs.

1-800-STFU
10-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Sure I will, because they're just not very good now.

Kashmir13579
10-03-2010, 06:51 PM
i'm never doubting steve nash.

p.s hakim warrick = allstar

loki34
10-03-2010, 06:51 PM
:laugh:

Geargo Wallace
10-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Any team that's led by Steve Nash is in good hands. No big ego's other than that fat loser Hedo Turkydoodoo.

TrueFan420
10-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Any team that's led by Steve Nash is in good hands. No big ego's other than that fat loser Hedo Turkydoodoo.

yea but nash will puthim in check... they are prob gonna make the playoffs but like everyones saying they wont go to far

Jays Claw
10-03-2010, 07:14 PM
hakim warrick = allstar

You'll be greatly disappointed my friend.

As for the OP, I'm one of the many who'll continue to doubt the Suns until they prove us wrong (which happens yearly, lol).

Hawkeye15
10-03-2010, 07:18 PM
I think they can, and probably will make the playoffs. But they are now first round knockout material

Big Quett
10-03-2010, 07:18 PM

p.s hakim warrick = allstar

that is going in my signature for 1 of the dumbest thing i have heard in a long time.....i mean really? he has never even been a full time starter :facepalm:

rapswin98
10-03-2010, 07:23 PM
i think they'll make the playoffs and get kicked out the first round

AI4MVP
10-03-2010, 07:24 PM
that is going in my signature for 1 of the dumbest thing i have heard in a long time.....i mean really? he has never even been a full time starter :facepalm:

he actually could have been an all star if he was starting with nash, but hes coming off the bench and im fine with that

heattiltheend94
10-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Nope, I think Houston will replace their playoff spot, and if not, I believe that Hornets will also be a lot better.

AI4MVP
10-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Nope, I think Houston will replace their playoff spot, and if not, I believe that Hornets will also be a lot better.

so u believe that the rockets and hornets will both be better then the suns? and when u say the hornet will be alot better, do u mean better then they were last year, or alot better then the suns?

NetsPaint
10-03-2010, 07:33 PM
They'll make it. How they do is has a lot to do with Hedo.

_KB24_
10-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Lakers
Mavs
Nuggets
Spurs
Thunder
Jazz
Houston
Portland

Those are all clearly better than the Suns.The Clippers are an interesting team this year and are actually looking fairly good, but because they are the Clippers, I'll hesitate saying they are better. The Hornets may be slightly better than them as well. I say the Suns don't make the playoffs.

Geargo Wallace
10-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Ball. That's all I have to say.

footballer2369
10-03-2010, 07:37 PM
he actually could have been an all star if he was starting with nash, but hes coming off the bench and im fine with that

What is the rotation going to look like?

AI4MVP
10-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Lakers
Mavs
Nuggets
Spurs
Thunder
Jazz
Houston
Portland

Those are all clearly better than the Suns.The Clippers are an interesting team this year and are actually looking fairly good, but because they are the Clippers, I'll hesitate saying they are better. The Hornets may be slightly better than them as well. I say the Suns don't make the playoffs.

ok buddy

What is the rotation going to look like?

most likey

Nash/Dragic
J-Rich/Josh Chilldress
Grant Hill/Jared Dudley
Hedo Turkoglu/Hakim Warrick
Robin Lopez/Channing Frye

Yes. Turkoglu is going to have trouble defending some power forwards, but its not like its not like were downgrading from Kevin Garrent in his prime to Hedo. Im not going to miss Amar'es 6 rebounds per game in the playoffs. And i would ****ing love to see any of this big power forwards guard Hedo when Hedo is bringing the ball up court and on the perimeter.

Slimsim
10-03-2010, 07:45 PM
If Carmelo is traded PHX chances Increase.

Big Quett
10-03-2010, 07:47 PM

So your saying he could have got a forward spot out West? NO FREAKING WAY. Just because he is on your team doesnt mean you have to overrate him.The reason he is coming off the bench is because he is BENCH PLAYER. 383 NBA games played 88 starts.

KickPushCoast
10-03-2010, 07:56 PM
And btw the suns will make the playoffs this year and prove everyone who doubts them at the beginning of the season wrong, AGAIN!

ShaqShoes
10-03-2010, 07:59 PM
In no order my opinion of teams that make playoffs: Mavericks, Lakers, Blazers, Denver, Thunder, Spurs, Rockets, Jazz
Nope no Suns!

wileyisTOFU
10-03-2010, 08:04 PM
so u believe that the rockets and hornets will both be better then the suns? and when u say the hornet will be alot better, do u mean better then they were last year, or alot better then the suns?

lol, dude you root for a great regular season team, get over yourself. cant speak for the hornets so much, but the rockets will easily Finish this year with a better record then your suns. And since we can actually play half-court, and playthat crazy thing called D-fence we actually have a shot, at a ring.

AI4MVP
10-03-2010, 08:19 PM
So your saying he could have got a forward spot out West? NO FREAKING WAY. Just because he is on your team doesnt mean you have to overrate him.The reason he is coming off the bench is because he is BENCH PLAYER. 383 NBA games played 88 starts.

no. im saying that because anyone who plays along side Nash with the athletiscm and skill set of players like Warrick have a chance to be all stars. If Tyrus Thomas played next to Nash, he has a chance to be an all star too.

lol, dude you root for a great regular season team, get over yourself. cant speak for the hornets so much, but the rockets will easily Finish this year with a better record then your suns. And since we can actually play half-court, and playthat crazy thing called D-fence we actually have a shot, at a ring.

a regular season team that made the western confrence finals a few months ago??

ill get back to u when Yao Ming breaks something again and retires

It's called "defense".

its called "best and most versatile offense team in the history of the nba"

sep11ie
10-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Me.

Baller1
10-03-2010, 08:30 PM
I am.

heattiltheend94
10-03-2010, 08:31 PM

Nope, I believe that the Rockets will be better than the Suns, and that the Suns will be around the level of the Hornets. And I meant that the Hornets will be a lot better than they were last year.

heattiltheend94
10-03-2010, 08:34 PM
If Carmelo is traded PHX chances Increase.

Good point/ :clap: I agree, Suns will have a much better chance of making the playoffs if Melo is traded (but depends on what Denver gets back

DoJoTheSlasher
10-03-2010, 08:37 PM
no. im saying that because anyone who plays along side Nash with the athletiscm and skill set of players like Warrick have a chance to be all stars. If Tyrus Thomas played next to Nash, he has a chance to be an all star too.

a regular season team that made the western confrence finals a few months ago??

ill get back to u when Yao Ming breaks something again and retires

I'm way ahead of you. I already have Alexis Ajinca, Steve Novak and JJ Barea as starting in the 2011 All Star game.

WolvesJagsOs
10-03-2010, 08:43 PM
a first round exit, second round at best IMO

this, but i def wouldnt be suprised if they didnt make it.

Gators123
10-03-2010, 08:46 PM
In no order my opinion of teams that make playoffs: Mavericks, Lakers, Blazers, Denver, Thunder, Spurs, Rockets, Jazz
Nope no Suns!

This

WolvesJagsOs
10-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Nope no Suns!

Yeah, now that i think about it, i actually doubt they make it.

Chacarron
10-03-2010, 09:03 PM
I believe in Hedo and Nash.

JPHX
10-03-2010, 09:09 PM
the starting unit defintely took a step back. however the second unit took a couple steps forward with the addition of childress and warrick. Suns arent contenders but I dont see why they cant make another deep playoff run. the guys they lost didnt really contribute in the post season and the guys who propelled the team are coming back. like another poster said they will continue to count the suns out yet the suns will continue to prove them wrong.

P.S: I think teams that are projected to be better are getting too much credit ala rockets, hornets, etc. They still need to prove it. yet the teams that have already proven their worth arent getting any credit ala suns.

CHANGO
10-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Obviously they make the playoffs. But I think is a Second Round exit.

Wade>You
10-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Any team that's led by Steve Nash is in good hands.agreed

tredigs
10-03-2010, 09:27 PM

Can you clarify that for me? I just woke up so my eyes might be deceiving me, but are you trying to say this Suns team is the "best and most versatile offense" in the history of the NBA??

They are not even CLOSE to the most potent offensive team that will be going into the 2010/11 season, let alone the games history. I think this team is going to struggle with Hedo in Amare's slot.

And like I'm sure has been pounded out a few times, Robin Lopez is a good defender and solid enough rebounder - but he's not enough - an in general these are areas where they are going to be absolutely destroyed against solid competition (especially if they make it to the post-season).

Simply put, following this off-season, the team is far too soft as a whole to make noise in the post-season (trying to guess their win total or playoff seeding is far too dependent on other teams injury situations - but they'll be in the mix for a 4-8 seed).

rockets-fan
10-03-2010, 09:28 PM
really? lost amare and gained warrick and turk.....no playoffs...suns fans wont admit it but amare did alot for phx...not as much as nsh of coarse but without him they are just agood team...average

Burkey3472
10-03-2010, 09:33 PM
If the Suns do make the playoffs they will be an easy one and done for teams like LA, OKC, and POR

JARVIS123
10-03-2010, 09:51 PM
i aint saying the suns not going to make the playoff, but yall are going to miss the hell out of Amare present.

Kashmir13579
10-03-2010, 09:59 PM

yeah, really. his wingspan is ridiculous and he can jump out of the building. he's always been an above average offensive player, and now he gets to play with steve nash. if you wanna be a (bleep) and throw it in your sig then go ahead; go ahead and be "that guy".

Kashmir13579
10-03-2010, 10:01 PM
You'll be greatly disappointed my friend.

As for the OP, I'm one of the many who'll continue to doubt the Suns until they prove us wrong (which happens yearly, lol).

your post is inconsistent. :D

|x-M1NTy-x|
10-03-2010, 10:03 PM
it takes a true hater to say they wont make playoffs.. Moreover, the squad will pull through to upset the haters. AGAIN

tredigs
10-03-2010, 10:11 PM
it takes a true hater to say they wont make playoffs.. Moreover, the squad will pull through to upset the haters. AGAIN

They missed the playoffs 2 years ago, dude-from-Phoenix-AZ. On paper, this team is worse than that one. Again, Hedo is a truly weak replacement for Amare (tho' I agree with the Suns homers that he'll do well with Nash), and this team is going to be thoroughly exploited in the post-season due to that switch (it was out of their control, I realize), if they can indeed make it there.

Go ahead and pull a Lebron AI4MVP, save all these comments and let them serve as fuel! [Fuel for what, I don't know or care].

JARVIS123
10-03-2010, 10:18 PM
To be honest with you i think yall would've had a better chance with an Amare for Lee instead of bring in Hedo.

bagwell368
10-03-2010, 10:23 PM

I don't doubt Nash either:

#1. He's one of the worst defensive players in the league - check

#2. He's in decline and will be one of the most over paid players in the league - check

sunnydayin'zona
10-03-2010, 10:42 PM

#2. He's in decline and will be one of the most over paid players in the league - check

leading the league in assists last year and taking his team to the wcf while only being paid about 11mil, what makes you think he's:
a.) on the decline
b.) overpaid

also, even if he pulled an elton brand and began to suck, he's still an expiring and a leader
so in no way is he overpaid. especially considering how much money he brings the franchise

its ridiculous how underrated the suns are every year. you'd think eventually people would stop doubting this team.

they were supposed to miss the playoffs last year too, everyone said. 'no channing frye 3rd stringer scrub can replace shaq' 'no 2nd year bust can replace shaq' 'nash is on the decline' 'the coach/FO are horrible' 'no depth'
except...
wcf?
take the lakers to 6?

for those of you saying OKC will have such an easy time in the west in the playoffs, who's their amare? frye and lopez are better bigs than any bigs on the thunder, but they're 'the only team who can contest the lakers next year'
right.

i, as well as all other suns fans, look forward to seeing you all eat your words again, just as we've seen time and time again.

Geargo Wallace
10-03-2010, 11:01 PM

This guy has shown very little signs of decline. The fact that he's been carrying such a huge load and playing at such a high level is amazing. He's still probably the best in the league at making others around him better. Only maybe LeBron can do it like Stevie. You's a hater my man.

Kashmir13579
10-03-2010, 11:11 PM

i see what you did there.

#1. He's always been one of the worst defensive players (everybody knows this) thanks for clarifying.

#2. he is still putting up the same stat line from when he was the MVP.

#3. he's never been a physical player and has one of the best BB IQs in the history of the game; so don't expect his decline to be imminent.

#4. Q: what happened bozo? A: you just got phased. -dennis reynolds

JamaicanYouth
10-03-2010, 11:27 PM
Me no way they make the playoffs with that roster in the west jus 2 many better teams

AI4MVP
10-03-2010, 11:28 PM

wow. hate on me team all u want, but are u ****ing kiddding me??? really? show me a LITTTTLE bit of his decline. please. tell me how the **** hes declined. i beg u. the only thing thats declinging is ur knowledge of basketball if u really think Steve Nash is declining. Hes playing the best basketball of his career still and hes showing no signs of a decline AT ALL and itll stay that way since bring Hedo in will take alot of the load off of nash's hands, much more then stoudemire did. Hedo can fasilitate the offense, which opens up nash for wide open three point shots that will go in.

i can say one thing, the most pissed off fans in the nba will be raptors fans, because when Hedo does his thing againt theyll all be like "wtf??? why couldnt u do that here?!?"

why is this offense going to be legendary?? Because noone in the NBA has a pare of players like Hedo and Nash that can truely facilitate on offense, create there own shot, shooot the triple, and nevermind j rich and grant hills ability to create there own shot. The only person on the starting 5 thatll need some help on offense is Robin Lopez, and oh dont worry..nash will help him out. The only reason expectations are so low is being everyone is underestimated the **** outa hedo turkoglu because of one broken season where he wasnt even used correctly. alot of u will be surprised

our bench? bring it the **** on. dragic(6'4"), childress(6'8"), dudley (6'7") Warrick(6'9") Frye(6'11)

cant guard big teams??

pg-dragic(6'4")
sg-childress(6'8")
sf-hedo(6'10")
pf-frye(6'11")
c-lopez(7'0")

how about u guys try to guard the perimeter when we throw out

pg-nash
sg-j rich
sf-dudley
pf-hedo
c-frye

and dont worry about our toughness down low. u guys will be introduced to Gani Lawal real fast.

only team in the western confrence that even concerns me is the los angeles lakers. besides that, bring it.

WolvesJagsOs
10-03-2010, 11:32 PM

What? lol. Lets see this decline that he is in.

1-800-STFU
10-03-2010, 11:32 PM

This made me laugh. You're REALLY serious about that? You just cant believe that. No one is that delusional.

1-800-STFU
10-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Can you clarify that for me? I just woke up so my eyes might be deceiving me, but are you trying to say this Suns team is the "best and most versatile offense" in the history of the NBA??

They are not even CLOSE to the most potent offensive team that will be going into the 2010/11 season, let alone the games history. I think this team is going to struggle with Hedo in Amare's slot.

And like I'm sure has been pounded out a few times, Robin Lopez is a good defender and solid enough rebounder - but he's not enough - an in general these are areas where they are going to be absolutely destroyed against solid competition (especially if they make it to the post-season).

Simply put, following this off-season, the team is far too soft as a whole to make noise in the post-season (trying to guess their win total or playoff seeding is far too dependent on other teams injury situations - but they'll be in the mix for a 4-8 seed).

Damn, beat me to it.

JamaicanYouth
10-03-2010, 11:35 PM
They are definitely making the playoffs just because their bench is too nasty. But it doesnt matter really, they're not gonna win it all.

There bench is so overated fist lost barbosa, dragic is so overrated,fry is decent and so is dudley= a bunch of overated players that are kind of average

WolvesJagsOs
10-03-2010, 11:36 PM
Me no way they make the playoffs with that roster in the west jus 2 many better teams

they got nice depth dude.

tredigs
10-03-2010, 11:37 PM
wow. hate on me team all u want, but are u ****ing kiddding me??? really? show me a LITTTTLE bit of his decline. please. tell me how the **** hes declined. i beg u. the only thing thats declinging is ur knowledge of basketball if u really think Steve Nash is declining. Hes playing the best basketball of his career still and hes showing no signs of a decline AT ALL and itll stay that way since bring Hedo in will take alot of the load off of nash's hands, much more then stoudemire did. Hedo can fasilitate the offense, which opens up nash for wide open three point shots that will go in.

i can say one thing, the most pissed off fans in the nba will be raptors fans, because when Hedo does his thing againt theyll all be like "wtf??? why couldnt u do that here?!?"

why is this offense going to be legendary?? Because noone in the NBA has a pare of players like Hedo and Nash that can truely facilitate on offense, create there own shot, shooot the triple, and nevermind j rich and grant hills ability to create there own shot. The only person on the starting 5 thatll need some help on offense is Robin Lopez, and oh dont worry..nash will help him out. The only reason expectations are so low is being everyone is underestimated the **** outa hedo turkoglu because of one broken season where he wasnt even used correctly. alot of u will be surprised

our bench? bring it the **** on. dragic(6'4"), childress(6'8"), dudley (6'7") Warrick(6'9") Frye(6'11)

cant guard big teams??

pg-dragic(6'4")
sg-childress(6'8")
sf-hedo(6'10")
pf-frye(6'11")
c-lopez(7'0")

pg-nash
sg-j rich
sf-dudley
pf-hedo
c-frye

and dont worry about our toughness down low. u guys will be introduced to Gani Lawal real fast.

only team in the western confrence that even concerns me is the los angeles lakers. besides that, bring it.

Delusional?

WolvesJagsOs
10-03-2010, 11:37 PM
There bench is so overated fist lost barbosa, dragic is so overrated,fry is decent and so is dudley= a bunch of overated players that are kind of average

lol dude, they are pretty damn good players for guys off the bench.

AI4MVP
10-03-2010, 11:39 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

we lost barbosa, who was a black hole in our offense late in the season, for Josh Childress. A 6'8" shooting guard who is perfect for the suns.

dragic is overrated??? have u watched him play?? slap yo self

frye and dudley are decent??? exuse the **** outa me..sorry wtf u want the dream team as our bench??? frye and dudley might be decent players but there perfect for there bench roles. everyone plays a role. do u not understand that??

add warrick, who was destined for playing for the suns since the womb and u have a bomb *** bench. get the **** outa here with that arguement. say wat u want about the suns but everyone knows that they have a bomb *** bench. u lose

JamaicanYouth
10-03-2010, 11:40 PM
They dont have many really good players nash jrich and hedo(sometimes) the rest are all average or bellow average and in the west that can cut it u have to win 50 games to juss make the playoffs. Ask yourself do u really see them winning 50 in the west?

AI4MVP
10-03-2010, 11:41 PM
This made me laugh. You're REALLY serious about that? You just cant believe that. No one is that delusional.

Delusional?

how about u guys wait and see. If the suns dont get home court advantage in the first round, ill delete my account. if they do, u delete yours. how about it? deal?

Geargo Wallace
10-03-2010, 11:41 PM
They have hard workers kinda like the Rockets. The only difference is Nash will be feeding his boys all game long. There's no doubt that they're gonna' be in the playoffs.

AI4MVP
10-03-2010, 11:42 PM
They dont have many really good players nash jrich and hedo(sometimes) the rest are all average or bellow average and in the west that can cut it u have to win 50 games to juss make the playoffs. Ask yourself do u really see them winning 50 in the west?

its not about who has the most star power.

JamaicanYouth
10-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Rockets bench< Suns bench srry kidd

DerekRE_3
They probably will make the playoffs this year, but I think they ****ed themselves for the future.

Geargo Wallace

So you're admitting that the Rockets bench is worse.

AI4MVP
10-03-2010, 11:44 PM

number one, you lunatic, learn ur symbols.

number two, if u meant rockets bench> suns bench , HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Geargo Wallace
10-03-2010, 11:45 PM

number two, if u meant rockets bench> suns bench , HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

kids these days haha

tredigs
how about u guys wait and see. If the suns dont get home court advantage in the first round, ill delete my account. if they do, u delete yours. how about it? deal?

I could care less about the Suns or where they finish this season (and I already pitted them as a team that should fight for the 4-8 seed), but your hyperbolic statements about them have gotten so far out of the realm of realism or even sanity ("best most versatile offense in NBA history") that there is truly no point in arguing with you.

We will indeed see. Good luck. And try not to slit your wrists when reality sets in on this teams potential bro. Jesus...

JamaicanYouth
lol i meant rockets bench> Suns bench

AI4MVP
10-03-2010, 11:47 PM
ok whos in with this deal then :

whoever is hating SO hard then it shouldnt be so hard for people to do

if the suns dont get home court advantage for the first round, ill delete my account.

if the suns do get home court advantage, then the people that agree to this deal have to delete there account.

5 people have to agree to this deal with me for it to be legit

JamaicanYouth
10-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Rockets Have the deepest bench in the league no whole at any position

Geargo Wallace
10-03-2010, 11:50 PM

it's "hole" my yout!

AI4MVP

and what position does phx have a "whole" in?? and noone has the chemistry the suns bench does

albertc86
I'm doubting the Suns. I couldn't care less if they make the playoffs because it's not like they're going to make noise any way. I just think they have a smaller chance of advancing without Amare.

WolvesJagsOs
10-03-2010, 11:51 PM

haha dude some of your posts make me scratch my head, Are you trying to say Suns bench is better? or what?

JamaicanYouth
10-03-2010, 11:53 PM
it's "hole" my yout!

Its "Youth" my youth lol

dodie53
10-03-2010, 11:55 PM
suns will make the PO.
sadly,
they won't make the Finals.
but,
i hope they prove me wrong.
:)

Geargo Wallace
10-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Its "Youth" my youth lol

haha the only difference is that I meant to do that. It was meant to look the way I wanted it to sound. MA YOUT!!!!!

JamaicanYouth
10-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Lakers, Mavs, Nuggets(with melo),Thunder,Spurs,Rockets,Jazz,Portland are all better teams and will have better records than the Suns they wont make it lol

AI4MVP
10-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Lakers, Mavs, Nuggets(with melo),Thunder,Spurs,Rockets,Jazz,Portland are all better teams and will have better records than the Suns they wont make it lol

yeah. it was really evident in the 4 game *** whooping sweep that we placed upon the spurs that they are a better team :facepalm:

MrfadeawayJB
10-04-2010, 12:10 AM
They will look really fun and entertaining during the regular season, but in the playoffs there run n' gun style will hurt them and their lack of frontcourt size will end their season

AI4MVP
10-04-2010, 12:11 AM
its funny that u guys forget the 2006 suns, led by steve nash with much less of a low post threat then now, and a much much much less deep of a team

the power forward and center was Marion and Diaw.....

we made it to the West Confrence Finals.

Punkindrublic03
10-04-2010, 12:15 AM
Phoenix Suns FTW

Chronz
10-04-2010, 12:23 AM
Ima miss ai4mvp

Rego247
10-04-2010, 12:25 AM
i think the suns will make the playoffs. but they wont get as far as they did last year, which sucks cuz i was really rooting for them.

AI4MVP
10-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Ima miss ai4mvp

does that mean ur in on the deal? if so, then great. just find 4 more guys to do it to

kdspurman
10-04-2010, 12:28 AM
yeah. it was really evident in the 4 game *** whooping sweep that we placed upon the spurs that they are a better team :facepalm:

Sorry but we've addressed our issue. The pick and roll defense was horrible and Tim had trouble defending it. We've addressed that with Splitter a young proven big man. Spurs are a better team. I guarantee if they meet again it will be just like old days. I'm fine with my guys being slept on.. It's going to be a good year.

But as i said before Suns make playoffs. But that's it.

llemon
10-04-2010, 12:32 AM
Damn. if ever a thread was started just asking for hatred, this is it.

_KB24_
10-04-2010, 12:40 AM
its funny that u guys forget the 2006 suns, led by steve nash with much less of a low post threat then now, and a much much much less deep of a team

the power forward and center was Marion and Diaw.....

we made it to the West Confrence Finals.

Those 2006 Suns struggled against Kobe+Justin Beibers and were nearly knocked out by them. And many of the Western teams have significantly improved.

Baller1
10-04-2010, 12:40 AM

cant guard big teams??

pg-dragic(6'4")
sg-childress(6'8")
sf-hedo(6'10")
pf-frye(6'11")
c-lopez(7'0")

pg-nash
sg-j rich
sf-dudley
pf-hedo
c-frye

:laugh2:

Kevin Durant can't wait to drop 40 on you guys, while Westbrook consistently beats Nash off the dribble only to dunk on Lopez and Frye or kick it out to Durant who will be quickly accumulating his 40 on your weak defense.

You're too funny.

Baller1
10-04-2010, 12:42 AM
Sorry but we've addressed our issue. The pick and roll defense was horrible and Tim had trouble defending it. We've addressed that with Splitter a young proven big man. Spurs are a better team. I guarantee if they meet again it will be just like old days. I'm fine with my guys being slept on.. It's going to be a good year.

I agree. I feel like San Antonio doesn't get enough credit. I think they finish around the 3-6 seed.

_KB24_
10-04-2010, 12:43 AM

if the suns dont get home court advantage for the first round, ill delete my account.

if the suns do get home court advantage, then the people that agree to this deal have to delete there account.

I am in. Lakers, Mavs, Nuggets, and Thunder are much more likely to get HCA. Please, 5 more people join in on this bet!

Baller1
10-04-2010, 12:46 AM
I am in. Lakers, Mavs, Nuggets, and Thunder are much more likely to get HCA. Please, 5 more people join in on this bet!

I want to, but I wouldn't delete my account even if the Suns somehow pulled this impossible task off.

Just being honest.

kdspurman
10-04-2010, 12:49 AM
I agree. I feel like San Antonio doesn't get enough credit. I think they finish around the 3-6 seed.

That's what I'm thinking too. Denver who knows how they'll do with the Melo issue, Suns may from the 3 seed they had. There's opportunity for sure. The fact they won 50 games with Parker only playing like 56 games, Manu missing a few games early on is encouraging. I think they'll be 3 or 4. Dallas is a regular season beast so they could probably be up there too. Not completely sold on OKC being the 2nd best team out west just yet.

It will be tough with Houston up and coming, New Orleans getting CP3 back. It's very hard to determine out west what will happen with 10 teams that are all pretty much proven playoff teams. Atleast 2 teams will be pretty disappointed this year. Could be another 40-50 win team not making it

Kashmir13579
10-04-2010, 12:58 AM

broom

AI4MVP
10-04-2010, 12:58 AM

good thank u

I want to, but I wouldn't delete my account even if the Suns somehow pulled this impossible task off.

Just being honest.

come on dude. if its so impossible then just be in the bet. man up

WolvesJagsOs
10-04-2010, 01:10 AM
i think the point of this site is to gain members, not lose them. I am 99.9% sure that the suns dont get HCA, but there are always surprises. Idk who would want to take a chance.

rockets-fan
10-04-2010, 01:14 AM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
lowry>>dragic
lee>>>childress
Budinger>dudley(both can shoot very welln but budingers athletcisim makes him better)
hill<frye
miller=lopez(lopez destroys miller on defense but miller poops on lopez on offense so yea)

how is the suns bench better?? im not being a homer im dead honest...the rockets bench is better than the suns no doubt about it. only suns fans think they have the deepest greatest bench in the nba...delusional.

sargon21
10-04-2010, 01:14 AM
i think it's a close call, but on a side note, why do the rockets keep getting soo much love?

rockets-fan
10-04-2010, 01:23 AM
i think it's a close call, but on a side note, why do the rockets keep getting soo much love?

last year the were 42-40 withouth yao ming , with chuck hayes a 6'6" center starting , and injured tmac taking a roster spot for half the season, no real backup 2 guard the whole season and no 2 guard perios for the first half, had a rookie playing big minutes, make a big trade in the middle of the season that impacts chemistry9not tmac but the loss of landry)....and they still went over .500

so now add yao ming back to the lineup , with brad miller backing him up, a real backup 2 guard in lee, a full offseason with matin, picked up patrick patterson, and managed to keep the underrated lowry and scola. so this is their line up:

brooks/lowry
matin/lee
battier/budinger
scola/hill
yao/miller

if thats not a good team then i dont know what is....you have brooks scoring with martins, battiers defense with yaos, scolas hustle and offense, yaos offesnse, great bench....well that explains the love they get.

mynameismo
10-04-2010, 01:23 AM
Not me.

I think the Suns are gonna surprise a lot of teams this year.

Baller1
10-04-2010, 01:28 AM
last year the were 42-40 withouth yao ming , with chuck hayes a 6'6" center starting , and injured tmac taking a roster spot for half the season, no real backup 2 guard the whole season and no 2 guard perios for the first half, had a rookie playing big minutes, make a big trade in the middle of the season that impacts chemistry9not tmac but the loss of landry)....and they still went over .500

so now add yao ming back to the lineup , with brad miller backing him up, a real backup 2 guard in lee, a full offseason with matin, picked up patrick patterson, and managed to keep the underrated lowry and scola. so this is their line up:

brooks/lowry
matin/lee
battier/budinger
scola/hill
yao/miller

if thats not a good team then i dont know what is....you have brooks scoring with martins, battiers defense with yaos, scolas hustle and offense, yaos offesnse, great bench....well that explains the love they get.

It's all about health. Which is a serious problem for Houston, as is with Portland.

AI4MVP
10-04-2010, 01:34 AM
lowry>>dragic
lee>>>childress
Budinger>dudley(both can shoot very welln but budingers athletcisim makes him better)
hill<frye
miller=lopez(lopez destroys miller on defense but miller poops on lopez on offense so yea)

how is the suns bench better?? im not being a homer im dead honest...the rockets bench is better than the suns no doubt about it. only suns fans think they have the deepest greatest bench in the nba...delusional.

number one, its not all about star power of players and names and ****. its heart, hustle, chemistry. im a suns fan. i know. thats what got us through the year

and anyways...i would never in my life trade lowry for dragic. just wait til this season

and childress fits the suns much better, so from a phoenix stand point, childress>lee.

both benches are very good, dont get me wrong, and if this were nba 2k11 u guys would have the better bench

_KB24_
10-04-2010, 01:38 AM

Just being honest.

The odds are HEAVILY stacked against him. If he is willing to make such a ludicrous bet, why not take the bait, no pun intended. Man, why can't guys like AI4MVP meet me at the bar!

STAT1
10-04-2010, 01:38 AM
This thread is going to get us disliked on this site.

rockets-fan
10-04-2010, 01:41 AM
number one, its not all about star power of players and names and ****. itsheart, hustle, chemistry. im a suns fan. i know. thats what got us through the year

and anyways...i would never in my life trade lowry for dragic. just wait til this season

and childress fits the suns much better, so from a phoenix stand point, childress>lee.

both benches are very good, dont get me wrong, and if this were nba 2k11 u guys would have the better bench

1.funny, you just described the houston rockets in that bold part. who else takes chrages, diveson the floor ect. more than lowry, scola, and hayes...trust me no one.

2.of coarse u wouldnt trade dragic for lowry ure a suns fan, name one thing dragic can do better than lowry ?

3. like you said from a phx standpoint childress is better. well from a rockets standpoint lee is better. doesnt prove anything huh.

i agree that the suns have a geat bench. better than the rockets...untill we go lee and miller....and patterson..its just to much talent imo...phx is goos but i think the rockets bench is better.

rockets-fan
10-04-2010, 01:43 AM
This thread is going to get us disliked on this site.

no way..i love the suns...i really hope they do make the playoffs, but i think thats only possible is melo leaves the nuggs or if the blazers and rockets get another big injury...but if by some wierd way the blazers and rockets are 100% this season(reason for thetime limit on yao) then i cant see the suns making it.

JayHunter
10-04-2010, 01:55 AM
It sounds crazy but I think they have a better team than they did last year

LG.
10-04-2010, 01:57 AM
I am.

Baller1
10-04-2010, 01:58 AM
It sounds crazy but I think they have a better team than they did last year

Yeah, you're crazy.

Baller1
10-04-2010, 02:00 AM
The odds are HEAVILY stacked against him. If he is willing to make such a ludicrous bet, why not take the bait, no pun intended. Man, why can't guys like AI4MVP meet me at the bar!

Oh, I know. I don't even think they'll make playoffs. But I wouldn't delete my account even if I lost the bet, so why put myself in position to possibly be dishonest.

But it's definitely tempting, because they aren't even going to be a top 6 seed.

DoJoTheSlasher
10-04-2010, 02:20 AM

Kevin Durant can't wait to drop 40 on you guys, while Westbrook consistently beats Nash off the dribble only to dunk on Lopez and Frye or kick it out to Durant who will be quickly accumulating his 40 on your weak defense.

You're too funny.

Don't forget Dirk dropping 40 on them, Haywood and Chandler dominating the post against them, Butler slashing his way vs them, Roddy hitting every shot against them, Terry hitting mid range shots vs them, Dominique Jones beasting them, Kidd carving up their defense, Marion locking down ANYONE on the team.

The Suns will be a fun team to watch. Will they make the playoffs? Probably 8th seed. Lopez is s legit starting C but isn't strong enough to bank with the best. Who else down low? Frye? lmao. I am stronger than Frye. Turkoglu wil get his 15 a game but he can't defend. Richardson is inconsistent. Hill, Dudley and Childress are mere role players as is Warrick. Only players that scare me are Nash and Dragic.

Lakers, Mavs, Jazz, Thunder, Blazers, Nuggets, Spurs are all better than Phoenix definately. Only reason you guys were succesful with Amare was because he had size. Your second biggest player plays in the post ZERO percent of the time and shoots 3's nothing else. Your 3rd biggest player is weak and even plays PG sometimes.

This is a list of legit sized big men on each team.

Lakers: Bynum, Gasol, Odom, Ratliff
Mavs: Dirk, Haywood, Chandler, Mahinimi, Ajinca
Jazz: Jefferson, Okur, Millsap, Fesenko, Elson
Thunder: Aldrich, Green, Collison
Blazers: Oden, Camby, Pryzbilla, Aldridge, Pendergraph
Nuggets: Nene, Anderson, Martin
Spurs: Duncan, Splitter, McDyess, Blair

Suns: Lopez

the other two bigger guys have absolutely ZERO post game or presence (Turk and Frye)

Suns fans, stop being cocky because you swept the Spurs last year. Some teams just have good runs. You guys will probably make the playoffs but at no higher than the 7th seed. 1st round exit.

Baller1
10-04-2010, 02:25 AM
Don't forget Dirk dropping 40 on them, Haywood and Chandler dominating the post against them, Butler slashing his way vs them, Roddy hitting every shot against them, Terry hitting mid range shots vs them, Dominique Jones beasting them, Kidd carving up their defense, Marion locking down ANYONE on the team.

The Suns will be a fun team to watch. Will they make the playoffs? Probably 8th seed. Lopez is s legit starting C but isn't strong enough to bank with the best. Who else down low? Frye? lmao. I am stronger than Frye. Turkoglu wil get his 15 a game but he can't defend. Richardson is inconsistent. Hill, Dudley and Childress are mere role players as is Warrick. Only players that scare me are Nash and Dragic.

Lakers, Mavs, Jazz, Thunder, Blazers, Nuggets, Spurs are all better than Phoenix definately. Only reason you guys were succesful with Amare was because he had size. Your second biggest player plays in the post ZERO percent of the time and shoots 3's nothing else. Your 3rd biggest player is weak and even plays PG sometimes.

the other two bigger guys have absolutely ZERO post game or presence (Turk and Frye)

Suns fans, stop being cocky because you swept the Spurs last year. Some teams just have good runs. You guys will probably make the playoffs but at no higher than the 7th seed. 1st round exit.

Don't give Green credit here. He's not a good presence down low at all. But Ibaka is the one who will be out there intimidating people on defense. I seriously can't wait to see him play this season.

DoJoTheSlasher
10-04-2010, 02:41 AM
Don't give Green credit here. He's not a good presence down low at all. But Ibaka is the one who will be out there intimidating people on defense. I seriously can't wait to see him play this season.

Forgot to add ChewBAKA.

And compared to PHX low post options, Green deserves to be there. At least he has any form of muscle down low.

swaddell13
10-04-2010, 02:42 AM
listen... the west is gonna get surprised by phoenix's style of play. each year we've been doubted... why? because we've never really had a real center. in the run and gun era amare was center and shawn was pf... surprisingly we did pretty good but alas we couldnt get that championship. then we got shaq and everyone thought that could be the year we take it all... but then we where to slow and the not playing as the "run and gun suns" ended up hurting us and adding a try and forget season to the column...then we had frye at starting center but our coaching staff soon realized he was a bad fit so we try our chances at a bunch of fill in centers like jarron collins... which gave frye the perfect oppoturnity but a we needed a powerful center's presence. in comes robin lopez after being injured and we seemed to have it all... then comes the day everyone dreaded but knew was coming... amare signs with another team and we end up getting no one in return, luckily he and his agent worked out a deal where we got some extra $$$ and ended up picking a few extra players that IMO are key fits to our team. with the front court needing to be filled after the loss of STAT , and anytime give something you get something in return. with that said our additions seem solid. we get hedo(really a SF) and moved him to the PF spot reverting to our small line up style of play... pick up warrick had great potential but could be hit or miss.... and if any of yall got to watch summer league than you might be prepared for Gani Lawal... for the rest of you who prolly didnt... just wait.

so our front court is looking up... now as far as the back court goes, anyone in their right mind wouldn't doubt the suns backcourt... Steve, Jrich, and Grant hill.... they prove themselves year after year... the young talent we have are blessed to be playing under these 3 and please dont fret everyone, steve is 36 and grant is 37, they should be gone soon... right? Wrong. With our bench as deep as it is, this means more rest and more responsibility for our bench to prove themselves. Being said, our vets in the backcourt have the highest BB IQ in the game right now (IMO) and the players coming off the bench will only learn and grow from their play with Steve and Grant. Look at Joe Johnson... becomes a franchise player and signed the biggest contract in the past offseason just because he got a chance to shine with Steve, whom makes it easy. Now Childress who hasnt had a chance to show his true potential can gain valuable training and knowledge from Steve and Grant and show why he was so highley anticipated in the 2004 draft(6th overall). Then there's is JDud, the teams gleem of hope and our fans love him. His high energy play rubs off on those he plays around giving players like Goran Dragic the energy to tear **** up. NOW Goran, he is gonna become a starting PG one day and is absorbing every last piece of knowledge steve can provide.(anybody care to remember gorans 30 pt game vs San Antonio?) he is so easily influenced by the coaching staff and steve, and is going to do very well in this league. as long as he can remember all his learning when steve is gone, which is didnt do in the FIBA games.

Finally there's our coach... Coach Alvin Gentry, whom after a bunch of crap coaches after D'antoni, Coach Alvin has brought back the energy of Sun's style play. Unlike most coaches he gave some bench players(like Lou Amundson and JDUD) minutes that turned into a rotation of players to come off the bench that we've needed so long. Where we lacked our size in the front court, we REALLY had been lacking depth from the bench. How many times has a Suns fan's heart been broken cuz Jason the Jet Terry comes off the bench and rapes all the scrubs? Alvin and his coaching staff have done a great job with this team, and the extension to all their contracts was much needed(amazing how sarver agreed to that lol)

So every year in the Steve era we've either been - "too small" "too slow" "lacking depth" or just "not that good" and now that we've lost a big time stat sheet filler in Amare, people arnt ready to hop on the suns fan wagon... but just you watch, our time is coming and i know Steve isnt gonna stop reachin for that Championship... so until Steve's out of the league, y'all still got a team in the desert to worry bout.

See you at the finals :P and sorry for the long rant :) just a arizona sports fan through and through .

-SWadd

ps. cards got their *** beat -.- thats a whole 'nother story lol

DoJoTheSlasher
10-04-2010, 02:46 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If I told you Dallas would make the Finals what would you tell me?

swaddell13
10-04-2010, 02:48 AM
id say about god damn time. look at all the money cuban has spent and all the talent.

you guys are always projected to go far, hell even all the way, but alas, every year is the same for you dallas fans.... kinda sad, atleast the suns are exciting to watch since they prove everyone wrong and blow their minds.

cant wait till mavs vs suns, always a great game though

DoJoTheSlasher
10-04-2010, 02:52 AM
id say about god damn time. look at all the money cuban has spent and all the talent.

you guys are always projected to go far, hell even all the way, but alas, every year is the same for you dallas fans.... kinda sad, atleast the suns are exciting to watch since they prove everyone wrong and blow their minds.

cant wait till mavs vs suns, always a great game though

So you think, with Dallas having an MVP candidate in Dirk and 2 legit starting centers on the team and Butler, Marion and Kidd along with young STUDS in Roddy and Jones, that Phoenix, THIS YEAR has a better chance to make the Finals?

You guys didn't even make the playoffs a few years ago so don't act like you guys go farther than us or any other top teams besides LA every year. Last year was an exception, this year will bring out your team.

Giants-49ers-Ws
10-04-2010, 03:15 AM
wont make it

swaddell13
10-04-2010, 03:22 AM
the only reason why we go so far is cuz we got that finals trophy on lock on and wont stop pursuin... lol

and yes you've got an dirk... a 1 time MVP... and we've got steve... a 2 time MVP, so you lose there mwaha!
and yeah you've got chandler which was a great PO imo, but haywood is garbage and marion hasnt played as well with dallas as he did with phx... same with Kidd, sorry :P

so i guess it comes down to our rising stars huh? yeah i guess you've got potential in maybe 2 or 3 guys but we've got goran, robin lopez, childress, and warrick lookin to fill some big shoes after steve and grant retire but until then i still think we've got you beat :P

sorry for havin a different opinion but thats what makes it fun right :P keep hatin i like it :D

EDIT: almost forgot Gani Lawal, our biggest potential rising star! and earl clark... hmmm wanna trade? lol

AI4MVP
10-04-2010, 03:25 AM
if u guys are so ****ing confident that the suns wont make at least 4th seed then 5 people ****ing step up and take my bet and stop being *******.

AI4MVP
10-04-2010, 03:29 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If I told you Dallas would make the Finals what would you tell me?

id say its possible. but i dont see how u guys are gunna get passed the suns and the lakers and the thunder and the nugs (if carmelo stays and the chemistry doest get ****ed cuz of the whole situation), if u guys couldnt get passed a spurs team that was dominated the very next round

but i still think its possible. anything could happen when u have dirk and j kidd

jimbobjarree
10-04-2010, 03:34 AM
I do. They lucked out last season, Amare in a contract year, Jazz/Blazers/Nuggets/Spurs all struggled with injuries especialy late on whilst Phoenix were fortunate to stay healthy for the main part. Its too soon to tell if Gentry (and his system) is the type of coach who puts up 50 win seasons regardless of his personel (like for example Sloan), so I dont think its out of the realms of possiblity. They're still good I guess, I just think other teams are better, presuming they stay healthy.

AI4MVP
10-04-2010, 03:36 AM

dude. ur arguement sucks. its a different style of basketball. the players we have are well suited for our system , which will make it tougher for the bigger guys to defend. u think tim duncan is guna come and guard hedo turkgolu on the perimeter and off the dribble?? gimme a break.

and u want post presence, just wait til u see Gani Lawal. for the future, ill take a front court of Gani Lawal and Robin Lopez over any front court u just named for the exception of maybe Splitter and Blair

swaddell13
10-04-2010, 03:46 AM
yeah his arguement is: "we've got more big guys than you do :P"

seriously lopez can hang with any starter in the league IMO and frye just needs to come out and space the floor after:

a. they keep the big starter in there and he is too tired to keep up with frye all around the court

b. they sub in another big post up center who ends up being too slow/too clumsy/unprepared to worry bout his man and the 3 AND cover the inside(can only be done with well excuted switches/zone which most benches lack training/team play to excute, plus players get selfish off the bench trying to get more minutes)

c. they bring in a smaller PF/C to hang with Frye which we will in turn counter with hard cuts to the basket with Childress/JRich and murder with the 3 ball.

frye is a unique player and honestly cant fit in any line up but ours... maybe back in portland if he isnt depended on as being the superstar center he was sposed to be an can just relax his mind and let it rain with that awkward shot.

next arguement

sunnydayin'zona
10-04-2010, 03:47 AM

well, i guess i should trust you in that department, the mavs sure do know about first round exits. ;)

AI4MVP
10-04-2010, 03:53 AM
well, i guess i should trust you in that department, the mavs sure do know about first round exits. ;)

ouchy

swaddell13
10-04-2010, 03:53 AM
ahahahaha even when you guys had steve you couldnt get his full potential cuz dirks a ball hog and cuban is a crazy ***** who spends too much money

lol but seriously, dirk is a game changer dont get me wrong, but pass the ball some, we wont expect it :P

sunnydayin'zona
10-04-2010, 03:55 AM
So you think, with Dallas having an MVP candidate in Dirk and 2 legit starting centers on the team and Butler, Marion and Kidd along with young STUDS in Roddy and Jones, that Phoenix, THIS YEAR has a better chance to make the Finals?

You guys didn't even make the playoffs a few years ago so don't act like you guys go farther than us or any other top teams besides LA every year. Last year was an exception, this year will bring out your team.

well, you had a first round exit last year whilst we had a wcf run.
and yes, we missed the playoffs two years ago, the only time in the nash era. by the time these playoffs come around, that'll have been 3 years ago.
when this year starts, it'll be our status to lose as one of the top 4 teams in basketball, and it'll be your status to lose as a really talented first round exit team.

zambo4president
10-04-2010, 04:55 AM
I dunno the West is so deep it's hard to see them doing anything really, I mean you got the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, Blazers, Thunder, Nuggets, Rockets, Warriors, Hornets, Grizzlies and maybe even the T'Wolves all in contention for playoff spots. The Suns could sneak in at 7 or 8, but even then they'd have to be better than Minnesota, New Orleans, Houston, Golden State and Memphis. I think they are better than Minny, New Orleans and probably Houston, but I think Memphis and Golden State are considerably better. If I had to rank the west Id say it turns out
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Mavs
4. Nuggets(With Melo)
5. Thunder
6. Blazers
7. Grizzlies
8. Golden State
9. Phoenix
10. Houston
11. Jazz
12. Minnesota
13. New Orleans
14. Kings
15. Clippers

So yeah I doubt the Suns I guess.

robdizzle3
10-04-2010, 05:25 AM
it doesnt matter. they wont get past the 1st round even if they do

Agreed. Amare, when on, was a big time reason they went deep into the playoffs, now they have no go to big man inside, or dominant big man I should say. Its gonna be the same team they put at every year, but softer.

JARVIS123
10-04-2010, 08:58 AM

You forgot about memphis grizzlies bigs.Marc Gasol,Zach Randolph,Hasheem Thabeet.

Ace33Bone
10-04-2010, 09:04 AM
I think they will make the playoffs with the team that they have but I definitely think that they will be looking at an early exit

kdspurman
10-04-2010, 09:39 AM
dude. ur arguement sucks. its a different style of basketball. the players we have are well suited for our system , which will make it tougher for the bigger guys to defend. u think tim duncan is guna come and guard hedo turkgolu on the perimeter and off the dribble?? gimme a break.

and u want post presence, just wait til u see Gani Lawal. for the future, ill take a front court of Gani Lawal and Robin Lopez over any front court u just named for the exception of maybe Splitter and Blair

Duncan would not guard Hedo. Splitter is the quicker of the 2 so he would. And if Hedo does get by (which he probably will) we have another 7 footer guarding the rim in Duncan. And while you can use that argument, do you think Hedo will be able to deal with Duncan/Splitter in the post on defense? Or any of the bigs in the league for that matter? He will get in a lot of foul trouble. Grant Hill has a better chance with his savy and defensive skills. Hedo may have the advantage on offense, but defense is where it matters.In my honest opinion if they had another true PF to start with Lopez and move Hedo to the 3 that'd be more beneficial for them. This only mentions a few PF's but you still have Bosh, Amare, Josh Smith, KG, Boozer etc who are all pretty good too. No one is doubting the suns wont win games, but when you have a PF who is not a real PF and is more of a perimeter player (Like Dirk), it is very tough to win games against bigger, stronger teams. If Amare only averaged like 6 rebounds in the playoffs and i think 7 or 8 on the year do you really see Hedo matching that? Or grabbing more? I think they're going to struggle with bigger more physical teams

swaddell13
10-04-2010, 09:47 AM
^^ yeah i agree 100%, if we could land another superstar PF like amare... or if we never let him go, having hedo at the 3 would be much more deadly, and safer on defense. but since that doesnt look like it will happen anytime soon, might as well see what alvin and the coaching staff have up their sleeve... im sure this whole hedo at PF thing will work out one way or another, just dont be expecting the typical PF role from hedo during this time.

anyways, who r the big name PF's in free agency next year?

G-Bear
10-04-2010, 09:53 AM
Being a Sun's fan I'm excited for the new season, as always, especially with the, always present, ability to upset the odds.

However I seriously hope this thread is not what peopkle are using as a representation of Sun's fans. I mean I'm reading this agreeing with almost all the anti-Suns, which is genuinely fairly upsetting. I believe we can make the play-offs and that, with a little bit of luck, we could go further than many are predicting, BUT and this is a HUGE but we are NOT going to breeze teams like the Spurs again this year because we did it last year. THis year is a brand new one, where we all start again from fresh 0-0 and what happened last year has VERY LITTLE factor on what happens this yea, many teams have got better, including the Suns I'm hoping, but we will have to wait and see how these changes affect the teams.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that the Suns can again have a deep playoff run but I hope I've never been on anyone's nuts anywhere near as hard as AI4MVP is, take those purple-tinted glasses off dude and be realistic.

And for the record Dragic will again take the pressure of Steve as he continues to improve, Im hoping for bigger minutes for him again this year

G-Bear
10-04-2010, 09:55 AM
^^ yeah i agree 100%, if we could land another superstar PF like amare... or if we never let him go, having hedo at the 3 would be much more deadly, and safer on defense. but since that doesnt look like it will happen anytime soon, might as well see what alvin and the coaching staff have up their sleeve... im sure this whole hedo at PF thing will work out one way or another, just dont be expecting the typical PF role from hedo during this time.

BORIS Moflushing Diaw is unrestricted next summer.

That should be all the info on Pf's we need lol

kdspurman
10-04-2010, 09:56 AM

Here's a list... Not too many big names but some solid guys. If Lopez can really make a name for himself, then at that point it's all about finding a complementary guy. I agree I mean who knows what Gentry is thinking. He might already know this and could change that. It worked when he went with Lopez/Amare, so he may very well be thinking that already. But they will win games cause of Nash and their ability to knock down the 3.

I think the one name from the list who would probably fit well is Troy Murphy. He's rebounds the ball very well and is someone who hits the 3.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-10-11

swaddell13
10-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Here's a list... Not too many big names but some solid guys. If Lopez can really make a name for himself, then at that point it's all about finding a complementary guy. I agree I mean who knows what Gentry is thinking. He might already know this and could change that. It worked when he went with Lopez/Amare, so he may very well be thinking that already. But they will win games cause of Nash and their ability to knock down the 3.

I think the one name from the list who would probably fit well is Troy Murphy. He's rebounds the ball very well and is someone who hits the 3.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-10-11

out of that list id like to our front office pursue Carl Landry or Troy Murphy. Tyson Chandler would be a good pick up and move channing to the 4 but either one of those 2 guys would be great with me.

G-Bear
10-04-2010, 10:03 AM
i just love all the attention we are getting for once, no heat or carmelo BS.

and realisticly: will we get to the playoffs? IMO yes, but not easily, and def not like we did last year(with that run after the allstar break)
will we win a championship this year? probably not, but ive seen us go to the finals with a less talented team.
and finally are all you MAVS/Houston fans right about what our outcome will be come regular season? who knows, but lord knows being a SUNS fan is better than being a fan of any crap TX team :P

ahh, i love everyones pride in their team, keep up the shyt talking i love it :D

So true, that's why it's better being a Sun than it is anyone else, we're the underdogs and we're still the team that everyone loves to watch. The only thing I guarentee for this year, the Suns games will be filled with BUCKETS and a ton of them at that

king4day
10-04-2010, 10:27 AM
Just went through the entire thread and picked out the quotes I wanted to reply to.

They missed the playoffs 2 years ago, dude-from-Phoenix-AZ. On paper, this team is worse than that one. Again, Hedo is a truly weak replacement for Amare (tho' I agree with the Suns homers that he'll do well with Nash), and this team is going to be thoroughly exploited in the post-season due to that switch (it was out of their control, I realize), if they can indeed make it there.

Go ahead and pull a Lebron AI4MVP, save all these comments and let them serve as fuel! [Fuel for what, I don't know or care].

If that team in 05/06 had this bench, then we would have won it all. D'Antoni wore out Marion and Bell/Thomas were injured. That team was unable to finish games the way they started. THey just got too tired.
With a bench like this one, it's a totally different story.
So this team does blow the 05/06 one out of the water.

lowry>>dragic
lee>>>childress
hill<frye

I don't watch the Rockets so I can't speak for their bench. I guess the best way to compare is not by talent, but by effectiveness. Almost every single time the 2nd unit for Phoenix came in last year, they either held serve, padded a lead, or brought the team back from a deficit.

I do. They lucked out last season, Amare in a contract year, Jazz/Blazers/Nuggets/Spurs all struggled with injuries especialy late on whilst Phoenix were fortunate to stay healthy for the main part. Its too soon to tell if Gentry (and his system) is the type of coach who puts up 50 win seasons regardless of his personel (like for example Sloan), so I dont think its out of the realms of possiblity. They're still good I guess, I just think other teams are better, presuming they stay healthy.

We didn't have Lopez for the first month or so and we didn't have him for the last 2 months of the season including the first 2 rounds of the playoffs.
Amar'e was in a contract year, but until Lopez began starting, every Suns fans wanted him (Amar'e) traded. He did nothing until Lopez began starting. Contract year had nothing to do with his improvement.

It's highly unlikely he's going to see a minute of legit playing time this year.

Al Horford is who I want.

pebloemer
10-04-2010, 12:08 PM
If their big men produce, I see them in the playoffs. Plenty of talent, only one all-star left though. I have them in the 7-10 range out West.

rockets-fan
10-04-2010, 12:22 PM
its okay we thrive on the **** talk :)

nobody was talkin ****, we were giving our opinion, you decided to calltx teams crap even tho they are much more succesful than the suns so y dont u stop talkin crap?

Kashmir13579
10-04-2010, 12:40 PM

why even argue with him? nash has had much more success in the playoffs since he left dallas. and i got news for ya pal. nash got snubbed the year dirk was the mvp. i remember it being controversial. what you don't seem to understand is that no matter who is on the mavs, they will continue to underperform in the playoffs. nash's team is quite the opposite; nash loses talent from his roster and still excels. i'm guessing its dirks ego/lack of leadership; and thats probably why stevie wonder left you guys in the first place. i wouldn't have gone out on a limb to bash you/dirk/mavs but it seems to me that somebody in your position (mavs fan) should know that a 50 win season doesnt mean (bleep) when you get into the post season. you have no grounds to believe that you will have a more successful post season than the suns.

kdspurman
10-04-2010, 12:40 PM
nobody was talkin ****, we were giving our opinion, you decided to calltx teams crap even tho they are much more succesful than the suns so y dont u stop talkin crap?

I dont get that either. Calling another state of teams crap when the Suns have not had much success or any real success.

I've said it now 3 times in this post that no one is doubting the Suns wont win games, but they will struggle playoff time with bigger teams for sure, and probably won't get over the hump with that roster. It's not about talkin crap its about being a realist.

I only got defensive for my team once and that's when AI4MVP went off about how they swept us last year. (Which urked me a little cause that was like the first time in a looong time they beat us in a playoff series.)

I got no issue with the Suns. Just don't see them as a championship team anytime soon.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-04-2010, 01:19 PM

cant guard big teams??

pg-dragic(6'4")
sg-childress(6'8")
sf-hedo(6'10")
pf-frye(6'11")
c-lopez(7'0")

pg-nash
sg-j rich
sf-dudley
pf-hedo
c-frye

Lolzz

LAKERMANIA
10-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Phoenix will never prove anyone wrong until they win a championship, Phoenix isn't going to beat OKC or LA in a 7 game series.. Even if you make the playoffs it wont matter because the Suns winning it all wont happen..

AI4MVP
10-04-2010, 02:46 PM
im not talking **** about any team or calling any fans of a particular team stupid because of liking that team or anything like that. im just expressing how confident i am in this suns team, because as a suns fan, i know tihs team more then any of u guys do, and im telling u right now, you will be surprised and proven wrong

AI4MVP
10-04-2010, 03:09 PM
btw. while were at it, Timberwolves and Warriors are gunna scare some teams to

Kashmir13579
10-04-2010, 03:46 PM
btw. while were at it, Timberwolves and Warriors are gunna scare some teams to

:cheers:

king4day
10-04-2010, 04:33 PM
The problem Phoenix will have is the lack of an impact player to force double teams.
If Lopez' supposed improvement with his post play doesn't become dominant (more like his brother), then every team will play us one on one and we'll have no open looks.
It'd make us a 45-48 win team and late seed.

I understand why people say the Rockets should be better. As long as Yao stays on the court, then he will be playing with perhaps the most talent than he ever has.
They shouldn't be considered a team to compare to the Suns with. Houston, realistically, should be a top 4 seed if healthy. Maybe even a 2 seed.

CityofTreez
10-04-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm not doubting them, but this year, My Sac Kings will finally be victorious in one game!

I still see them making playoffs, unless an injury bug hits em hard

zambo4president
10-04-2010, 04:56 PM
The problem Phoenix will have is the lack of an impact player to force double teams.
If Lopez' supposed improvement with his post play doesn't become dominant (more like his brother), then every team will play us one on one and we'll have no open looks.
It'd make us a 45-48 win team and late seed.

I understand why people say the Rockets should be better. As long as Yao stays on the court, then he will be playing with perhaps the most talent than he ever has.
They shouldn't be considered a team to compare to the Suns with. Houston, realistically, should be a top 4 seed if healthy. Maybe even a 2 seed.

:crazy: You said realistically in your post making it even worse. So Aaron Brooks, Courtney Lee, Shane Battier, Luis Scola and Yao, is better than the Mavs, Thunder, Spurs, Nuggets and maybe even the Blazers? I agree in that it's a very solid underrated lineup, but, it's in no way a top 4 team, more in the 6-10 range out west.

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
10-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Suns will deff make the playoffs. not sure how far there going to make it, but You have arguably the best pg in the league he can make something from nothing, so what stops him from working with a good cast, (don't let Amar'e departure blind you, Robin L. will be just fine with nash)

BKLYNNYRNYKNYY
10-04-2010, 05:03 PM
:crazy: You said realistically in your post making it even worse. So Aaron Brooks, Courtney Lee, Shane Battier, Luis Scola and Yao, is better than the Mavs, Thunder, Spurs, Nuggets and maybe even the Blazers? I agree in that it's a very solid underrated lineup, but, it's in no way a top 4 team, more in the 6-10 range out west.

just on your sig. think they decriminalized it on Saturday, my gf was in SF and she said there was some kind of parade or something like that

zambo4president
10-04-2010, 05:13 PM
just on your sig. think they decriminalized it on Saturday, my gf was in SF and she said there was some kind of parade or something like that

That was probably a parade to support prop 19 for voting next month

king4day
10-04-2010, 05:20 PM

As long as Yao is in the middle, they can compete with anyone. Very good defense.
I'm still not sold on Dallas. Year after year they add or improve talent, but they seem a step behind each time.
The Spurs will be better with Hill improving, and I'm sure Splitter will be good, but he hasn't played a minute in the US yet, so I'd rather hold judgement on them before saying they're back to elite status.

I'm assuming Denver won't have Melo to start the year. If he remains, then they will be good.

AI4MVP
10-04-2010, 05:21 PM
no hes right. pot is decriminalized in california now. Its not a misdemeanor anymore. if u get caught with an ounce or less of pot, its just an infraction and the discipline is like the same as a traffic ticket

SundaeBest
10-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Bottom feeders fighting over table-scraps....I know the Suns won't be representing the West in the finals. I don't have to wait till the end of the season, those 82 games are juat a formality, imo.

rockets-fan
10-04-2010, 07:19 PM

you do kno that a healthy yao is the 2nd best center in the league right? and the rockets are full of both offesne and defesive weapons so why cant they be the number two seed? in the west a couple a games can separate 2-7...its realistic...a 100% healthy rockets can be etter than those teams

IversonIsKrazy
10-04-2010, 07:31 PM
I'm doubting them. The reason is not ALL because of the departure of Amare, but more of the uprise in the other teams in the conference.

LA (defending champs), Dallas(got even deeper bench), Denver (as long as Melo is there), Thunder(more experience),Portland(more experience) , Spurs(addition of Splitter, Anderson & Simmons), Rockets(got Yao back with a true back-up C in Miller), and Jazz(true big man in Big-Al) are all better than Suns imo. That's 8 teams, and then there's teams like Grizzlies and Hornets that are just as good as the Suns that are still growing.

If Melo leaves Denver, or if Rockets lose Yao again, then they'll make it. But if all teams are healthy (which won't happen) Suns are not good enough to make the Western Conf Playoffs

JPHX
10-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Phoenix will never prove anyone wrong until they win a championship, Phoenix isn't going to beat OKC or LA in a 7 game series.. Even if you make the playoffs it wont matter because the Suns winning it all wont happen..

every one knows that the suns are not title contenders. LA is the only one out west that is and maybe a couple teams in the east. But the fact that people are rating the suns from 7-10 seed after coming off a western conference finals appearance is what pisses me off the most. everyone is assuming that teams like the rockets, hornets, etc., are already better than the suns when the fact of the matter is they have just as much, if not more question marks than the suns. at least the suns have a foundation already built with a stable core group of guys that are healthy and have numerous playoff wins under their belt. yet were not even slated to make the playoffs? :eyebrow:

futureman
10-04-2010, 08:12 PM
They will not make the playoffs. Hedo and Childress do not replace Stat. I think the Spurs won't make the playoffs either.

1. Lakers
2. Thunder
3. Jazz
4. Mavericks
5. Blazers
6. Hornets
7. Nuggets
8. Clippers

JPHX
10-04-2010, 08:20 PM

because hes only 14.

JPHX
10-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Agreed. Amare, when on, was a big time reason they went deep into the playoffs, now they have no go to big man inside, or dominant big man I should say. Its gonna be the same team they put at every year, but softer.

Wrong. Amare went off once during the playoffs. He was non existent. it was combination of players that propelled the suns all of whom are coming back this season.

tr4shb0t
10-04-2010, 08:30 PM
let's put it this way, steve nash will not be too happy at the end of the season

CityofTreez
10-04-2010, 08:54 PM

I also find it funny that these Suns fans are labelling their offense "one of the most versatile", but they can say the opposite for their defense!

AI4MVP
10-04-2010, 09:15 PM
because hes only 14.

because im busy in bed with ur momma

damasterpiece
10-04-2010, 09:19 PM
doubt it..amare was a major loss for them...if they do make it though, it would be no high than 7th

Baller1
10-04-2010, 09:22 PM
because im busy in bed with ur momma

(I'm laughing at you, not with you).

The Suns will be #8 at best.

kdspurman
10-05-2010, 08:43 AM
They will not make the playoffs. Hedo and Childress do not replace Stat. I think the Spurs won't make the playoffs either.

1. Lakers
2. Thunder
3. Jazz
4. Mavericks
5. Blazers
6. Hornets
7. Nuggets
8. Clippers

This might be one of the funniest things I've read all year! Thanks!! :clap:

futureman
10-05-2010, 11:35 AM
This might be one of the funniest things I've read all year! Thanks!! :clap:

When the Spurs got swept by the Suns last year that was pathetic, and unexcusable. THE FREAKING SUNS!!!!! No excuse for that being swept by a team that they have dominated in the past.

So forgive me if I have no confidence in the Spurs.

swaddell13
10-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I dont get that either. Calling another state of teams crap when the Suns have not had much success or any real success.

I've said it now 3 times in this post that no one is doubting the Suns wont win games, but they will struggle playoff time with bigger teams for sure, and probably won't get over the hump with that roster. It's not about talkin crap its about being a realist.

I only got defensive for my team once and that's when AI4MVP went off about how they swept us last year. (Which urked me a little cause that was like the first time in a looong time they beat us in a playoff series.)

I got no issue with the Suns. Just don't see them as a championship team anytime soon.

im not tryin to start any shyt but as a born and raised arizonian its in my blood to hate any texas sports team.

sorry

beasted86
10-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Don't see them in the playoffs.

Same teams as last year, but Hornets are back in if Paul stays healthy.

kdspurman
10-05-2010, 08:32 PM
im not tryin to start any shyt but as a born and raised arizonian its in my blood to hate any texas sports team.

sorry

Dont worry man I hear you. I feel the same way about Phoenix & Dallas. But I try and be as unbiased as possible, but sometimes when routing for your team you easily forget all that stuff lol Not to mention some fans who just constantly talk crap and make a bad name for their fans

kdspurman
10-05-2010, 08:34 PM
When the Spurs got swept by the Suns last year that was pathetic, and unexcusable. THE FREAKING SUNS!!!!! No excuse for that being swept by a team that they have dominated in the past.

So forgive me if I have no confidence in the Spurs.

YOu make no sense cause we knocked out Dallas the #2 seed but yet you got them making it @ 4 and Spurs not making it? Does that make sense? Theyre older than the Spurs, and have yet to prove themselves. So excuse me if I don't understand your thought process.

koreancabbage
10-07-2010, 12:21 AM
after watching the Toronto Raptors whip them around in preseason, yes

phoenix= expected fringe playoff team
raptors= expected lottery team #1-3

i guess the Raptors aren't as bad as people expect them to be. but that's just me

TEXASTITAN
10-07-2010, 12:50 AM
I don't see the suns making the playoffs in the west and watch for nash to be traded at the deadline in a cost cutting move. Even with nash they don't have the size and experience to make the playoffs out west but they could snatch up a spot out east.

TEXASTITAN
10-07-2010, 12:53 AM
Im not so sure the spurs make a playoff run either i think their age will show this year more than ever they have more questions than answers.

TEXASTITAN
10-07-2010, 12:54 AM

1. Lakers
2. Thunder
3. Jazz
4. Mavericks
5. Blazers
6. Hornets
7. Nuggets
8. Clippers

To not pick Houston as a playoff team this year even if yao goes down is hilarious they are too deep to be excluded from anyone's list. And have the most assets to give at the trade deadline to get whatever they lack thanks to the knicks 2 first rounders as well as their own.

Geargo Wallace
10-07-2010, 01:00 AM
My Raps **** on them pretty hard. The Suns had the suck knob cranked up to 10.

swaddell13
10-07-2010, 01:07 AM
lol its preseason and we only let our deeeeeeeep bench play. i mean look who our leading scorer was: jdud. lol wait till regular season

Kashmir13579
10-07-2010, 01:18 AM
its pre-season nub-*****

evadatam5150
10-07-2010, 01:30 AM
I just wanna know the people that think the suns WILL NOT make the playoffs.

Interesting, the Suns will most likely get into the playoffs but as always usual are not a championship caliber team.. And isn't that the goal....?? Yes of course we doubt the suns...

evadatam5150
10-07-2010, 01:40 AM
And btw the suns will make the playoffs this year and prove everyone who doubts them at the beginning of the season wrong, AGAIN!

Yet another Suns fan settling for the playoffs when the goal should be a championship.. Just embarrassing..

sunnydayin'zona
10-07-2010, 01:41 AM
I don't see the suns making the playoffs in the west and watch for nash to be traded at the deadline in a cost cutting move. Even with nash they don't have the size and experience to make the playoffs out west but they could snatch up a spot out east.

trading nash would not be cost cutting at all. he brings in so much money into the franchise alone, it far beyond covers his pay check. if they traded nash and didnt get a star in return, the suns would lose so much money.

sunnydayin'zona
10-07-2010, 01:42 AM
after watching the Toronto Raptors whip them around in preseason, yes

phoenix= expected fringe playoff team
raptors= expected lottery team #1-3

i guess the Raptors aren't as bad as people expect them to be. but that's just me

because it matters.

Baller1
10-07-2010, 01:45 AM
trading nash would not be cost cutting at all. he brings in so much money into the franchise alone, it far beyond covers his pay check. if they traded nash and didnt get a star in return, the suns would lose so much money.

They'd be able to relay that money opened up from Nash's contract to bring in another star. As good as Nash is, there are much more profitable players. So I think your views are a bit skewed. Fiscally, the Suns would be able to survive without Nash.

sunnydayin'zona
10-07-2010, 01:52 AM
They'd be able to relay that money opened up from Nash's contract to bring in another star. As good as Nash is, there are much more profitable players. So I think your views are a bit skewed. Fiscally, the Suns would be able to survive without Nash.

sure, theyd be able to survive. but what to say they bring in another star that would be worth more to the franchise? i mean, despite whether or not you think he'll be good this year, nash is absolutely the face of the franchise, and nobody would be more profitable on this team (nobody they could get) whos not named carmelo anthony.

look at the bolded statement. its not really about how good he is at all, he IS the phoenix suns brand.

they would take on a loss if they traded nash and didnt acquire a superstar like melo to replace nash as the face of the franchise. not even amare could be that face.

sunnydayin'zona
10-07-2010, 01:56 AM
he's a very marketable player, plus he has international fans. i'm being realistic, trading him would lose money for the franchise.

and as far as cost cutting goes, hedo and jrich make more money than nash.
obviously hedo's contract isnt going anywhere, but jrich is an expiring who can put up 20ppg+ before he expires on any given team, and provide highlight dunks. he'd be much more likely to be traded than nash. financially better to trade jrich, as well as for the dynamic of the team, and the talent you could get in return.

sorry, it makes no sense to trade nash.

sunnydayin'zona
10-07-2010, 01:59 AM
also, i dont know that there are many more marketable players than nash.
sure, you have the: lebron, kobe, wade, d12, durant, melo, yao, (maybe) dirk, but i dont think you could argue many more players than that.

yes, cp3 and deron are better than nash now, but neither have the fanbase that nash has. (mostly attributed to the canadian fans)

Demon11
10-07-2010, 02:11 AM
sure, theyd be able to survive. but what to say they bring in another star that would be worth more to the franchise? i mean, despite whether or not you think he'll be good this year, nash is absolutely the face of the franchise, and nobody would be more profitable on this team (nobody they could get) whos not named carmelo anthony.

look at the bolded statement. its not really about how good he is at all, he IS the phoenix suns brand.

they would take on a loss if they traded nash and didnt acquire a superstar like melo to replace nash as the face of the franchise. not even amare could be that face.

Have you ever heard of a salary cap?

evadatam5150
10-07-2010, 02:13 AM

You have so much faith in the Suns and the most potent offense in the history of the game, and two guys who can truly facilitate an offense then you should be making this bet for home court in the Western conference finals... Time to man up and truly believe in your team...

Baller1
10-07-2010, 02:22 AM

I believe Nash will be great this year, but that's irrelevant in that fact that Nash is heading toward the decline of his career. So, the franchise is going to have to learn to live without him eventually, whether it be trade or retirement. So, why not trade him while he still has value and get something for him since he will be gone in 2-3 years anyway. The Suns are not winning a championship with their current squad, so they might as well shake things up now while Nash still holds a good amount of value.

sunnydayin'zona
10-07-2010, 03:21 AM
I believe Nash will be great this year, but that's irrelevant in that fact that Nash is heading toward the decline of his career. So, the franchise is going to have to learn to live without him eventually, whether it be trade or retirement. So, why not trade him while he still has value and get something for him since he will be gone in 2-3 years anyway. The Suns are not winning a championship with their current squad, so they might as well shake things up now while Nash still holds a good amount of value.

from a financial perspective, you would keep him until he retires because he will continue to bring you more revenue and sell more tickets than anybody else the suns could have.

sunnydayin'zona
10-07-2010, 03:22 AM
Have you ever heard of a salary cap?

what are you trying to say?
that's not related at all.