PDA

View Full Version : Kobe says he could beat LeBron in a 1 on 1 game

Gators123
10-02-2010, 10:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVxHGJVZQT8

ink
10-02-2010, 11:05 PM
He doesn't exactly diss Lebron in the video btw. He says he's more of a Magic Johnson type player, whereas he grew up with 1on1 -- it's the core of his game.

Gators123
10-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Comparison forum? Okay....

NYKalltheway
10-02-2010, 11:07 PM
I could beat him too.... we'll never find out though

ink
Comparison forum? Okay....

We don't need any Kobe vs. Lebron threads in the first place. Normally we shut them down right away because the same arguments don't need to start over and over and over again. And yes, this is a comparison.

Let's talk basketball, not basketball personalities.

lakerboy
Kobe compared him to Magic Johnson!! LOL

J4KOP99
10-02-2010, 11:08 PM
If the situation is right, Scalabrine could beat Kobe or LeBron in a 1 v 1 game. People taking this seriously need to step back a little bit and take a deep breath.

Gators123
10-02-2010, 11:10 PM
If the situation is right, Scalabrine could beat Kobe or LeBron in a 1 v 1 game. People taking this seriously need to step back a little bit and take a deep breath.

He was 100% serious in the video, did you watch it?

ink
10-02-2010, 11:12 PM
He was 100% serious is the video, did you watch it?

Even if he was, he wasn't stirring anything up. Big surprise, Kobe believes in one of his main strengths. Non issue.

Raidaz4Life
10-02-2010, 11:16 PM
I completely agree with him. I don't even think it would be close. Kobe is just a better scorer which is what 1 on 1 is all about.

Guru™
10-02-2010, 11:17 PM
Every point he makes in the video makes sense. If you disagree you are riding Lebrons nuts hard.

Khalifa21
10-02-2010, 11:24 PM
I find it hilarious that if LeBron said this, PSD would probably crash with angry posts directed at him.

At this point in their careers, LeBron in his absolute physical prime and Kobe starting to decline, i'd take Bron.

J4KOP99
10-02-2010, 11:34 PM
He was 100% serious in the video, did you watch it?

I just watched it. What do you disagree with? If he is serious, which he may be... what did he say that would make you shake your head?

LeBron is a lot like Magic Johnson in the sense that he is more of a playmaker than a scorer. Obviously he can still put the ball in the hole with the best of them, but when we are talking about pure scorers, Kobe and Wade and even Durant have LeBron beat.

Think about a 1 v 1 game. Kobe's offensive game is the most polished in the league. LeBron has no real offense, he basically takes what is given and goes from there. Kobe actually initiates what he will do. If he wants to shoot, he will shoot, no matter how you are defending him. Kobe is built to play 1 v 1, Lebron is a better team player. (Laker fans that disagree with me don't know what theyre talking about and like Kobe a little too much)

If they did play 1 v 1 I could easily see Kobe win. They are very similar in size and strength. They'd be playing half court so it's not like LeBron would get out on the break. Kobe would back him down all day and let his footwork do the talking.

Guru™
10-03-2010, 12:15 AM
I find it hilarious that if LeBron said this, PSD would probably crash with angry posts directed at him.

At this point in their careers, LeBron in his absolute physical prime and Kobe starting to decline, i'd take Bron.
One on one? Hell no.

marlinsfan24
10-03-2010, 12:17 AM
They should have an All-Star game event letting these two go head-to-head. That would be amazing. For the record, I think Kobe would win as well.

Sadds The Gr8
10-03-2010, 12:21 AM

this.

footballer2369
10-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Bron is way too athletic for Kobe...Kobe can't hang physically.

Hawkeye15
10-03-2010, 11:20 AM
I don't see why Kobe couldn't win. Sure he would have issues with LeBron's size, but Kobe's game is centered around 1-1 skills.

Hawkeye15
10-03-2010, 11:22 AM
LeBron winning would depend on his approach. If he just puts his head down and attacks, Kobe can do nothing. But if LeBron tries to get cute, and score on jumpers, etc, he will be beat.

Mplsman
10-03-2010, 03:05 PM
Of course he's gonna say that. What is he supposed to say, he would lose?

Mplsman
10-03-2010, 03:06 PM
LeBron winning would depend on his approach. If he just puts his head down and attacks, Kobe can do nothing. But if LeBron tries to get cute, and score on jumpers, etc, he will be beat.

This.

Meaze_Gibson
10-03-2010, 07:40 PM
If it's make it take it Lebron will win. Otherwise it's Kobe. In streetball 1on 1, I can see Bron backin kobe down every possesion if he really wanted. You don't need skill to shove somebody 30 pounds lighter off you and dunk /layup the ball.

The L Train
10-03-2010, 08:42 PM
We don't need any Kobe vs. Lebron threads in the first place. Normally we shut them down right away because the same arguments don't need to start over and over and over again. And yes, this is a comparison.

Let's talk basketball, not basketball personalities.

Gators123 is right tho dude, with all due respect.

It seems like every time a thread is started regarding Lebron that isn't pro heat, it either gets locked or moved to some obscure location that no one ever goes(like Comparisons thread).

This was clearly not a baiting thread. This wasn't some guy starting a thread saying Lebron sucks, it was an actual link to a video of Kobe making a comment.

There's no way this belongs in Comparisons. We weren't comparing Kobe and Lebron, we were talking about the comment Kobe made, saying he's a one on one guy at his core.

I've seen threads about Lebron POSSIBLY attending a college football game(yes, read that again, it's true) and you guys let it stay open. But if anybody refuses to worship at the throne of Lebron, our threads get locked or moved. It's BS guys, it really is.

Love Lebron if you want, but damn, let the rest of us have a conversation without you censoring it, the whole point of this site is SHARING OUR OPINIONS. Please try to just let us do that a little more.

Hawkeye15
10-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Gators123 is right tho dude, with all due respect.

It seems like every time a thread is started regarding Lebron that isn't pro heat, it either gets locked or moved to some obscure location that no one ever goes(like Comparisons thread).

This was clearly not a baiting thread. This wasn't some guy starting a thread saying Lebron sucks, it was an actual link to a video of Kobe making a comment.

There's no way this belongs in Comparisons. We weren't comparing Kobe and Lebron, we were talking about the comment Kobe made, saying he's a one on one guy at his core.

I've seen threads about Lebron POSSIBLY attending a college football game(yes, read that again, it's true) and you guys let it stay open. But if anybody refuses to worship at the throne of Lebron, our threads get locked or moved. It's BS guys, it really is.

Love Lebron if you want, but damn, let the rest of us have a conversation without you censoring it, the whole point of this site is SHARING OUR OPINIONS. Please try to just let us do that a little more.

no, this does need to be in the comparison forum. If it was left in the main forums, it would require deleted posts, infractions, and bans. The LeBron hate is at a point that is needs to be treated like an infant in the main forums by the moderators.

Burkey3472
10-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Of course he is wrong but he should have confidence in himself that he is the best player in the world.

The L Train
10-03-2010, 10:47 PM
no, this does need to be in the comparison forum. If it was left in the main forums, it would require deleted posts, infractions, and bans. The LeBron hate is at a point that is needs to be treated like an infant in the main forums by the moderators.

Well, you know I disagree.

What difference does it make if it's here or there? If you guys continue to hide all the threads that aren't pro Miami or pro Lebron, you are only killing PSD. Why not just go to a Miami Heat forum? This is supposed to be a place where fans of ALL teams can discuss their opinions.

But every time somebody expresses an opinion that isn't 'Lebron is better than Kobe' or 'The Heat will win 82 games' it gets shut down. Yet at the same time, every time Lebron sneezes or take a ****, somebody starts a thread about it and you guys leave it open in the NBA forum.

There was a thread about what Chris Bosh's mansion looks like, and you guys left it open in the NBA forum until a bunch of us complained about it. As many of us said in the thread, it wasnt basketball related, and it wasnt even sports related. But because it was Heat related, you mods let it go until you were forced to lock it.

Then a thread like this comes up, which is TOTALLY basketball related, and you wanna move it to somewhere no one will ever see it.

If we wanna talk about Carmel Anthony, too bad for us, cuz you're gonna merge every single Carmelo thread, making it nearly impossible to have a conversation. But you'll allow every Lebron thread to stay open, as long as it's not a thread about him quitting in the playoffs or someone else being better than him.

Just try to be fair and remember that PSD has fans from every team who want to discuss ideas, not just Heat fans.

Hawkeye15
10-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Kobe said he could beat LeBron 1-1. That is a thread, about 2 players against each other. It is the definition of a comparison

Hawkeye15
10-04-2010, 10:03 AM
I am looking at the main forums, and there are threads concerning the following teams: Chicago, Sacramento, LAL, Phx, Atlanta, NY, and threads containing context for refs, season previews, rule changes, etc.

Raidaz4Life
10-04-2010, 10:39 AM
They should have an All-Star game event letting these two go head-to-head. That would be amazing. For the record, I think Kobe would win as well.

All proceeds would go to the boys and girls club lol

LBJ06
10-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Kobe can't guard LeBron and LeBron can't guard Kobe. It's just that. Have you seen LeBron or Kobe play 1 on 1? Jordan was the best one on one player yet I saw him got beaten 1 on 1 on some of his basketball camps by none NBA players (even by executives who are not even athletic)

I'm not surprised by Kobe's answer though because he copies MJ. MJ never said that he would be beaten 1 on 1 when he was an NBA player. He was kind though for saying that LeBron is like Magic Johnson (Kobe's favorite player). Does that mean that Kobe idolizes LeBron too?

The L Train
10-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Ok, since it's a comparison thread, I'll just say it, there IS no comparison, Kobe is better than Lebron.

WadeKobe
10-04-2010, 03:25 PM
I agree with Kobe. That's why LeBron is truly the better basketball player. 1 on 1 is virtually useless in a true team sport like basketball. If you so happen to have a team that's good enough to be as good as the other team and not good enough to be better than the other team.. you might get a chance to use your 1 on 1 skills to win the game.

Other than that... it's useless.

Thank you, Kobe, for pointing out what everyone has always known about you.

For the record, I think Wade would beat Kobe in 1 on 1.

i.got.the.nutz
10-04-2010, 04:39 PM
I agree with Kobe. That's why LeBron is truly the better basketball player. 1 on 1 is virtually useless in a true team sport like basketball. If you so happen to have a team that's good enough to be as good as the other team and not good enough to be better than the other team.. you might get a chance to use your 1 on 1 skills to win the game.

Other than that... it's useless.

Thank you, Kobe, for pointing out what everyone has always known about you.

For the record, I think Wade would beat Kobe in 1 on 1.

Who would have thought

Infamous916
10-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Ok, since it's a comparison thread, I'll just say it, there IS no comparison, Kobe is better than Lebron.

Bingo

I hate kobe but let me say this-

Kobe is too good of a player & leader to be swept in the finals.

Too bad i cant say the same for bron bron..

The L Train
10-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Bingo

Exactly. Being a great player isn't all about beating up on bad teams during the regular season and accumulating personal stats. It's about getting it done when it matters and being clutch, which Kobe consistently does and Lebron consistently fails at. The only people in the world who disagree with that are Heat fans.

Kobe has a maturity that Lebron will probably never have, he's too much of a primadonna, working on promoting his brand while Kobe is working hard in the gym. Kobe is probably the last of the true hardcore basketball freaks who go super hard working on their craft, the new generation is all about self promotion and personal stats and becoming a billionaire and whatnot.

I will say tho, Lebron would probably beat Kobe one on one in a dance off. :rolleyes:

Khalifa21
10-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Bingo

Yeah, too bad LeBron's best teammate was Big Z...

Hawkeye15
10-05-2010, 10:27 AM
haha, how did roster support and team success get brought into a one on one contest? PSD is unreal sometimes

LBJ06
10-05-2010, 10:53 AM
haha, how did roster support and team success get brought into a one on one contest? Psd is unreal sometimes

+ 1

tangent12
10-05-2010, 05:51 PM
No doubt he would.

Jaji
10-15-2010, 11:10 AM
That's because there's no passing in one on one. Kobe would still find a way to hog though.

faze38
10-16-2010, 06:00 PM
KObe would abuse Lebron 1 on 1 he is the best 1 on 1 player in the league!

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-17-2010, 02:00 PM
This guy uses something called synergy to say Kobe beats Lebron 1 on 1
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5688205