PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Chandler to the spurs?

spurs4#5
10-01-2010, 05:22 PM
just read that the knicks are looking to deal chandler to the spurs for their first round pick. could be very interesting if this happens not only for the spurs but for the knicks as well since they're trying to aquire the pick to use in a deal for melo.

parker/hill/temple
ginobili/anderson
jefferson/chandler/simmons
duncan/blair/bonner
splitter/mcdyess

save the knicks
10-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Chandler would start over RJ

VinceCarter
10-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Damn that's going to be a late first round pick too. Probably 20 or later.

spurs4#5
10-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Chandler would start over RJ

yeah you're probably right...ginobili would eventually come off the bench as well i was just throwing the roster out there

abe_froman
10-01-2010, 05:26 PM
good move for them

spurs4#5
10-01-2010, 05:28 PM
Damn that's going to be a late first round pick too. Probably 20 or later.

yeah it'll be between 19-29 probably but if thats what it takes for the knicks to get melo i have no problem getting chandler in return for getting melo out of the western conference

VinceCarter
10-01-2010, 05:32 PM
yeah it'll be between 19-29 probably but if thats what it takes for the knicks to get melo i have no problem getting chandler in return for getting melo out of the western conference

No no from the Spurs standpoint I'd love that trade I just don't understand why the Knicks would settle for such a late pick.

zambo4president
10-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Wow, this would be a big pickup for them. Talk about depth. I thought San Antonio was the only one with a shot to takeout LA anyways but if they picked up WC that could be one hell of a battle.

abe_froman
No no from the Spurs standpoint I'd love that trade I just don't understand why the Knicks would settle for such a late pick.

they need a pick,to free up their ability to give up their own.rules dictate that you must hold at least one first round pick every so number of years,and at this moment they are at their limit of how many years without a first rounder

spurs4#5

i think they're trying to aquire a first round pick so they can use in a deal for melo...at least that's my understanding of it...why they would want to try and get a late round pick from us is beyond my knowledge...maybe it's because chandler is there only trading chip right now and that's the best pick they can get for him?

ShaqShoes
10-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Skeptical.

NYKalltheway
10-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Melo should be acquired as a free agent. Anything else (that is realistic) would be a worse deal for the Knicks

spurs4#5
10-01-2010, 05:38 PM
Wow, this would be a big pickup for them. Talk about depth. I thought San Antonio was the only one with a shot to takeout LA anyways but if they picked up WC that could be one hell of a battle.

my thoughts exactly...and if new york were to get melo out of the west that just means one less threat the spurs have to worry about come playoff time

29$JerZ
10-01-2010, 05:42 PM
For NY to just flat out Sign Melo in the off-season NY would have to renounce the rights of Eddy Curry + Kelenna Azubuike + Wilson Chandler to have enough CAP room for Melo.

So basically Wilson would have to go regardless if we trade for Melo or just want to sign him.

That's why you see Wilson being asked for in trades dealing with a 1st for him.

arkanian215
10-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Just wondering... how do the spurs match? Do they have a trade exception? I was looking over their salaries and McDyess comes to mind because he has two years left and his second year is unguaranteed. I guess he doesn't play that much for them anyway.

spurs4#5
10-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Just wondering... how do the spurs match? Do they have a trade exception? I was looking over their salaries and McDyess comes to mind because he has two years left and his second year is unguaranteed. I guess he doesn't play that much for them anyway.

yeah they would probably have to give someone up in the trade to make it work...i would say antonio or bonner...i would say bonner only because ya'lls coach loves a guy who can fill it up from outside and is physical

Da Knicks
10-01-2010, 05:50 PM
Knicks could get a first for Chandler, Spurs get rid of Anthony out from the west it makes sense. Walsh will only trade if he has the other deal in place imo, another possible scenario that has being mentioned is Douglas for a late first. Chandler would be a beast for the spurs, maybe the answer for them at sf. Thrill can also play sg and pf making the spurs a very dangerous team.

arkanian215
10-01-2010, 05:54 PM
yeah they would probably have to give someone up in the trade to make it work...i would say antonio or bonner...i would say bonner only because ya'lls coach loves a guy who can fill it up from outside and is physical

the knicks don't want long term contracts though. bonner's looks like it's 3 years.

bsamet
10-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Chandler im guessing would start at sg for us. This would be great, so that Anderson doesn't start right off the bat, cause Ginobili has already said he doesn't want to start anymore. This could potentially be huge

spurs4#5
10-01-2010, 06:09 PM
the knicks don't want long term contracts though. bonner's looks like it's 3 years.

true, the only reason i said bonner is because he would fit well in the knicks system and his contract isnt to bad

spurs4#5
10-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Chandler im guessing would start at sg for us. This would be great, so that Anderson doesn't start right off the bat, cause Ginobili has already said he doesn't want to start anymore. This could potentially be huge

yeah i agree, our team would be a beast in the west...we would match up great with the lakers and any other potential contender in the west

ShaqShoes
10-01-2010, 06:17 PM
I think this is from real gm.

Young24
10-01-2010, 06:19 PM
they need a pick,to free up their ability to give up their own.rules dictate that you must hold at least one first round pick every so number of years,and at this moment they are at their limit of how many years without a first rounder

they got jordan hill last year soo?

spurs4#5
10-01-2010, 06:28 PM
I think this is from real gm.

the link i found it on is on my original post...

IAmKira
10-01-2010, 06:29 PM

wat blunt u been smoking? HELLO!? THUNDERS?!

kdspurman
10-01-2010, 06:37 PM
wat blunt u been smoking? HELLO!? THUNDERS?!

I just have not understood what the hype is about the thunder? I know theyre a good team, but theyre still not strong at the 4 and 5 and that's what it takes to win. Ask Melo.. Another great scorer but couldn't get past the lakers of late and san antonio in previous years. Thunder will win games, and run into a bigger team and probably have the same results as last year. Teams like SA, Utah, Lakers give the thunder problems.

kdspurman
10-01-2010, 06:40 PM
This would be huge, and I could totally see him starting at the 3. (I dont think it happens but hey it's fun to speculate) RJ has openly said playing with Manu is more his style and hes more comfortable. I dont think he would mind at all coming in to play with Manu and that 2nd unit.

LeGacy is Music
10-01-2010, 06:41 PM
NO!!! Man they need to stop lets just wait Melo made it clear he will see after the season and after we make it to the playoffs and take out whatever team we play Melo will come to NY Guys don't see the big picture

abe_froman
10-01-2010, 06:48 PM
they got jordan hill last year soo?

they didnt have their the past draft and they gave 2 more picks to rockets

Cosmic_Canon
If true, good move for both sides. We get a late 1st this year, while the Spurs get ready for the post-Duncan era along w/ trying to make a push this year.
If the Spurs can get a playmaking swingman who can score and defend, they'd be in business after their core leaves/retires(TD, Ginobli, TP) 2-3 years from now.
Hill
SG
Chandler
Blair
C

spurs4#5
It's against the rules to post links to other forums on here. Find the original source or this thread will be closed.

yes sir mr rule enforcer sir..........

www.twitter.com/incarceratedbob

Slimsim
10-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Don't think walsh will pull the trigger until Nuggets are seriously ready to trade melo

Wilson
10-01-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm closing this because no legitimate source was posted. If anyone has one then PM it to me and I'll re-open the thread.

So everyone is aware, other forums can not be linked to. For the thread to be re-opened the source would have to be a legitimate news site, such as ESPN or Sports Illustrated.