PDA

View Full Version : Is 2010-11 the most anticipated season in NBA history?

dnewguy
10-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Espn has never been so NBA when baseball and football is in season, baseball playoffs is about to start but the NBA is still commanding more attention in the news cycles. CNN would rather interview Lebron than any other player in MLB or NFL, people don't even seem to know that Hockey is about to start.

Is this the most anticipated NBA season ever?

Factors that seem to play a role: Evil empire in Miami, Lakers seek 3-peat, Bulls and Knicks are relevant again.

asandhu23
10-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Knicks are relevant?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
10-01-2010, 04:21 PM
no

Hawkeye15
10-01-2010, 04:22 PM
nah, probably not. If you are really young, it may be to you. But anyone who has been wathing ball since the 80's has seen more anticipated seasons.

PraiseJesus
10-01-2010, 04:26 PM
This is the most anticipated season in my lifetime. I can't wait for it to start.

davids22
10-01-2010, 04:26 PM
I'd say, but I'm only 21.

And the Knicks are not relevant again. They're barely an 8th seed.

GoatMilk
10-01-2010, 04:28 PM
last season before the lockout too

Slimsim
10-01-2010, 04:31 PM
I'm excited i don't know about Cleveland and Toronto

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Nuggets wise... I'm not as excited.

Antipod
10-01-2010, 04:44 PM
YES ! Because,,,,for like the 2nd time in this decade, Knicks have a decent team )

PraiseJesus
10-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Im excited to see the Lakers , of course.

Also The HEAT, Warriors, and Celtics

Im also interested to see DeMarcus Cousins and John Wall and Blake Griffin.

Clippers will be fun to watch I think. Lots of excitement everywhere.

DMasta718
10-01-2010, 04:47 PM
In my lifetime, yes.

Evolution23
10-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Knicks are relevant?

omg boobies!

OG "Dee" LOCc
10-01-2010, 04:53 PM
lol knicks should never be mentioned in the nba forum.

Da Knicks
10-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Lebron has made the league fun since the day he entered it, now people love him or hate him. Im just happy the knicks finally have a decent team.

Forbo
10-01-2010, 05:05 PM
:confused:
Knicks are relevant?

The knicks aren't relevant I dont know what this guys talking about...

barreleffact
10-01-2010, 05:09 PM
how easily we forget jordan...he singlehandedly carried the league and posted some of the highest sports finals in history. every seasoon of his second 3 peat was more anticipated than this. especially 96. when jordan unretired from the league the entire world anticipated his return

alencp3
10-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Knicks are relevant?

Is that Katy Perry?

save the knicks
10-01-2010, 05:21 PM
I think opening night will set records because:

-Recession ( lots of people staying in )

-Insane amount of player movement

-Big market teams all improving

-Rise of social media

-The Decision ( Keeping the NBA relevant all summer long )

-Influx of gifted young talent

also, arent we comming off the most anticipated free agency ever?

JordansBulls
10-01-2010, 05:22 PM
1998 was probably the most anticipated season ever.

AI4MVP
10-01-2010, 05:23 PM
give the guy a break. We all know the knicks arent title contenders, but there defiently going to be a little bit more followed or watched then past years.

For my life time, this is the most anticipated year for me.

Im excited about the new look Suns

Im very curious to see what the Heat will do.

I think itll be interesting beause even tho the Heat didnt win anything yet, i feel like the whole league is kindof an underdog to them and then whole nba is united to beat them.

im curious to see how Amare does with Raymond Felton at point guard instead of the greatest pick n roll point guard in the history of the game.

Im curious to see what Shaq can do with the celtics.

im curious to see if Allen Iverson will get employment. maybe a playoff contender will need a boost midseason and pick him up for cheap?

im curious to see what my hometown warriors will do. I actually enjoy watching them and i think they could surprise some people this year.

so to me, this will be the most anticipated year..until next year. just because ive been waiting so long for Ricky Rubio to play in the NBA and i simply cannot wait for it to happen.

NYKalltheway
10-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Maybe the most anticipated season of the upcoming decade (yes, 0 seasons to beat for that matter!)

You realise that you used the word history?
NBA history is too large for the "new fans" to realise. For you Lebron James is the next best thing after sex but for NBA history Lebron James is just another player.

Almost every season in 80s and half of the 90s were more anticipated than the coming one.

I wouldn't even call it the most anticipating season of the 21st century!

It's just that we Knicks fans are so happy that we have a star player after ages and we have a shot at playoffs after so many years. Then the Bulls are so happy that they became the Utah Jazz + Rose & Deng, the Heat have become a star studded team overnight... It's an interesting season, but most anticipated in NBA history? That's laughable

daleja424
10-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Definitely in recent memory. never has the focus of the media and espn been on the nba in the offseason like it has this year. People want to see basketball.

MTar786
10-01-2010, 06:28 PM
when jordan came back for the wizards and la was going for a 3peat. may not have turned out to be the best season. but was HIGHLY anticipated

03-04 season when la got payton and malone, kings got brad miller and someone else, spurs got turkoglu i think? and the twolves got spree and cassel.

this season def is on the top 3 but i wouldnt say the most anticipated.. because we all know this could turn out being the season where the nba became boring

MTar786
10-01-2010, 06:30 PM
1998 was probably the most anticipated season ever.

what happened in 98?

MTar786
10-01-2010, 06:31 PM
how easily we forget jordan...he singlehandedly carried the league and posted some of the highest sports finals in history. every seasoon of his second 3 peat was more anticipated than this. especially 96. when jordan unretired from the league the entire world anticipated his return

jordan came back in the 94-95 season

JordansBulls
10-01-2010, 06:33 PM
what happened in 98?

Last Dance for the Bulls, the rising of the Lakers, the last chance for the Jazz and Rockets, the entering of Duncan into the league, Reggie best team. How far will the Knicks go now that the suspensions are gone. How much do the Heat improve after winning 61 games the previous year.

ET92898
10-01-2010, 06:39 PM
In my life, yes.

save the knicks
10-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Not sure how accurate this is but interesting non the less

http://www.google.com/search?q=nba&hl=en&num=10&lr=&ft=i&cr=&safe=images#q=nba&hl=en&lr=&sa=X&tbo=1&tbs=tl:1,tll:2010,tlh:2019&prmd=iv&ei=zGKmTJ-UFsOC8gbf0tTQCQ&ved=0CG8QyQEoCA&fp=1&cad=b

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Maybe the most anticipated season of the upcoming decade (yes, 0 seasons to beat for that matter!)

You realise that you used the word history?
NBA history is too large for the "new fans" to realise. For you Lebron James is the next best thing after sex but for NBA history Lebron James is just another player.

Almost every season in 80s and half of the 90s were more anticipated than the coming one.

I wouldn't even call it the most anticipating season of the 21st century!

It's just that we Knicks fans are so happy that we have a star player after ages and we have a shot at playoffs after so many years. Then the Bulls are so happy that they became the Utah Jazz + Rose & Deng, the Heat have become a star studded team overnight... It's an interesting season, but most anticipated in NBA history? That's laughable

SMH :facepalm:

...I'm not gonna waste my time.

MTar786
10-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Last Dance for the Bulls, the rising of the Lakers, the last chance for the Jazz and Rockets, the entering of Duncan into the league, Reggie best team. How far will the Knicks go now that the suspensions are gone. How much do the Heat improve after winning 61 games the previous year.

damn thats a lot of stuff.. but i cant really agree with everything. duncan wasnt super.. the lakers were not a huge thing coming into the season. their rise started when the season began and people realized how amazing kobe was. but u are right in a way. the kobe hype was insane at that time. i totally forgot

but the way that season turned out was WOW.
the lakers looked like a team to start worrying abut big time. they just werent very consistent. indiana and chicago in that 7 game series. new york beating miami again lol. utah owned la :( i wanted to see la and chicago in the finals so badly. and to end it with jordans game winner in game 6

jerellh528
10-01-2010, 09:40 PM
nah, probably not. If you are really young, it may be to you. But anyone who has been wathing ball since the 80's has seen more anticipated seasons.

Like....?:confused:

HakeemTheDream
10-01-2010, 10:29 PM
I think so, no player has ever got this much hate before. Lebron's popularity dropped 41% and that kind of thing is unheard of in NBA history, even Kobe's popularity dropped a lot after his rape accusations, ratting out Shaq, and then missing the playoffs in 2005 but it didn't drop this much. People are saying Lebron won't even make top 5 in MVP votes ever again and that's ridiculous

Rafer17
10-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Helllz yee

Cosmic_Canon
10-01-2010, 11:04 PM
This is the most anticipated season in my lifetime. I can't wait for it to start.

Yep.

NYKalltheway
10-01-2010, 11:12 PM
SMH :facepalm:

...I'm not gonna waste my time.

I'm sorry. Lebron is the greatest player of all time.

I apologize to him for considering Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Bill Russell, Larry Bird and many other players who got handchecked and pushed while attempting to score, better than Lebron - clear pathway to dunk - James...

:facepalm:

Zefflin
10-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Yea I'm friggin pumped.

JCmasta
10-01-2010, 11:23 PM
If you're not a Celtics, Lakers, magic, Heat fan, or bangwagon guy this is will probably be one of the worst seasons/decades for the NBA ever.

llemon
10-01-2010, 11:29 PM
If you're not a Celtics, Lakers, magic, Heat fan, or bangwagon guy this is will probably be one of the worst seasons/decades for the NBA ever.

Very excited to see the new Nets this season, preferably without 'Melo.

My most anticipated NBA season. '76-'77.

Gators123
10-02-2010, 10:50 AM
Of course, Who doesn't want to see McGrady return as a Elite player? :hide: