PDA

View Full Version : Which Stars are at their Peak, or in their Prime?

Chronz
10-01-2010, 02:35 AM
Pau Gasol,
Definitely still in his prime, is he at the apex of his career?

Kobe Bryant may still be in his prime but hes past his PEAK.

What about Wade? Hes older than Bron but hes low on mileage

Is this a transition phase with no truly great players at their peak ala Shaq vs Duncan in the early 00's when both were on legit contenders and winning MVP's.

AIsixersFK
10-01-2010, 02:51 AM
wasnt there a thread just like this ummmmm YESTERDAY?

mvb815
10-01-2010, 04:28 AM
i have a feeling amare is going to put peak like numbers up this year

bholly
10-01-2010, 04:36 AM
Kaman? Randolph? G Wallace? Those are just the ones that jump out at me from last year's all-star game. Wouldn't be surprised if any of them didn't make it again, so last year would've been their peak.
Maybe Melo? I know he's young, but is anyone expecting him to get much better?

kArSoN RyDaH
10-01-2010, 05:51 AM
prime- lebron, bosh, wade, durant, dwight, cp3, dwill.

pau gasol is in his prime.

kobe is on the back end of his prime on a slow but steady decline.

hmm who else?

rondo, joe johnson? idk maybe, amare? maybe, boozer? maybe, melo, thats all that comes to mind.

Bostondiehard
10-01-2010, 06:06 AM
prime- lebron, bosh, wade, durant, dwight, cp3, dwill.

pau gasol is in his prime.

kobe is on the back end of his prime on a slow but steady decline.

hmm who else?

rondo, joe johnson? idk maybe, amare? maybe, boozer? maybe, melo, thats all that comes to mind.
Dude the only players you mentioned that are in their prime are Wade and Gasol.. all of the others havent even reached age 28. Their best years are still ahead of them IMO. Durant and Dwight haven't even TOUCHED their primes..

PraiseJesus
10-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Here is the answer: 28-32 is prime.

End thread

mynameismo
10-01-2010, 06:52 AM

End thread

:worthy:

bholly
10-01-2010, 07:50 AM

End thread

So MJ wasn't in his prime we he won his last 3 finals, 2 MVPs, 3 All NBA first teams, 3 Defensive first teams, 2 All Star MVPs, and led the Bulls to 158 wins from 196 regular season games (0.806 win rate) after his 33rd birthday? Really?

Heater4life
10-01-2010, 07:56 AM
So MJ wasn't in his prime we he won his last 3 finals, 2 MVPs, 3 All NBA first teams, 3 Defensive first teams, 2 All Star MVPs, and led the Bulls to 158 wins from 196 regular season games (0.806 win rate) after his 33rd birthday? Really?

That doesnt count.....MJ is still in his prime.

bholly
10-01-2010, 08:29 AM
That doesnt count.....MJ is still in his prime.

Haha, yeah (except those Wizards years). Another example is Karl Malone, who was 33 and 35 when he won his MVPs (33 and 34 when he went to the finals).

I agree it's a good general rule, but it's a pretty dumb answer to a thread like this.

JordansBulls
10-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Pau Gasol,
Definitely still in his prime, is he at the apex of his career?

Kobe Bryant may still be in his prime but hes past his PEAK.

What about Wade? Hes older than Bron but hes low on mileage

Is this a transition phase with no truly great players at their peak ala Shaq vs Duncan in the early 00's when both were on legit contenders and winning MVP's.

I'm not sure Kobe is in his prime right now. Last year he finished with less than 10 WS and one of his lowest PER's ever.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2010, 10:29 AM

End thread

in 1995, sure. Now players enter much younger, so if you slapped an age out there, its probably 24-29.

Chronz
10-01-2010, 11:04 AM
wasnt there a thread just like this ummmmm YESTERDAY?
No that thread asked what players are past their prime

Kaman? Randolph? G Wallace? Those are just the ones that jump out at me from last year's all-star game. Wouldn't be surprised if any of them didn't make it again, so last year would've been their peak.
Maybe Melo? I know he's young, but is anyone expecting him to get much better?
Your saying those guys are at the top of their games right.
Z-Bo is good, Kaman yea, Wallace ehh I dont know about that one. Definitely still in his prime though.

Jaji
10-01-2010, 11:04 AM
LeBron is entering his.

Chronz
10-01-2010, 11:09 AM
He was past his best days and some of his defensive rep was undeserved by that final year. Definitely not at his peak but MJ is a special case, his entire career is basically one giant prime run.

I'm not sure Kobe is in his prime right now. Last year he finished with less than 10 WS and one of his lowest PER's ever.
Yea but he was still playing at a level better than some of his All-Star caliber younger days, and come playoff time was still able to turn it on. That he cant go all out does imply hes lost some of that ability but I dont think its enough to say hes past his prime. I think the term past his prime should be reserved for players who have gone from stars to fringe all-stars or worse, like Tmac and Vince.

Sixerlover
10-01-2010, 11:52 AM
The top players from the '00-'03 draft classes are entering their prime, or are in the middle of it right now

VinceCarter
10-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Devin Harris!