PDA

View Full Version : Which Longshot Makes the Playoffs:Cleveland, Washington,Clippers, or Golden State?

Tony_Starks
09-30-2010, 11:57 PM
Im putting my money on Cleveland. Everyone has already pronounced them dead but the fact that they have absolutely no expectations other than to roll over and die could be a good thing... Byron Scott is known for getting a lot out of a little, I can see him pulling it off.

I would really like to say Clippers but Baron Davis is smoked out. Wizards are probably the most intriguing though they have a lot of wild cards on that team.......

iFYouSeekAmy
10-01-2010, 01:14 AM
Wizards and Cavs, since they're in the east. Most likely Wizards- but Wall has yet to play a game.

Clippers; we've been through this every year prety much. Loads of talent, but bad luck.

Warriors have a chance, but odds are fair for 8th seed.

ZebraCity916
10-01-2010, 01:24 AM
Kings aren't in this conversation?? We're gonna be turning some heads this year.

I think Cleveland has a better chance of making the playoffs than the Wizards do.

Mplsman
10-01-2010, 01:25 AM
Clips.

BillyHoyle35
10-01-2010, 01:27 AM
clippers, as always they have talent, just can it come together

Gators123
10-01-2010, 01:29 AM
Clippers

iFYouSeekAmy
10-01-2010, 01:34 AM
Kings aren't in this conversation?? We're gonna be turning some heads this year.

I think Cleveland has a better chance of making the playoffs than the Wizards do.

Kings should be; but he only stated the 4 teams. But i do agree, Kings should be there.

As for the Knicks- it wouldn't be a 'longshot' for them.

THE MTL
10-01-2010, 01:59 AM
IM going to say Golden State just because the others are garbage. Washington is wiped clean besides Arenas. Nothing ever good comes out of Clips. And Cleveland just lost the BEST PLAYER on the planet.

Golden State added an allstar David Lee. Biedrins is healthy. Nellie is GONE! Curry is in his 2nd yr. Monta is a beast.

Forbo
10-01-2010, 02:07 AM
IM going to say Golden State just because the others are garbage. Washington is wiped clean besides Arenas. Nothing ever good comes out of Clips. And Cleveland just lost the BEST PLAYER on the planet.

Golden State added an allstar David Lee. Biedrins is healthy. Nellie is GONE! Curry is in his 2nd yr. Monta is a beast.

David Lee was an allstar barley last year due to injuries, and he never won more then like 30 games. They lost all their shooters and Curry is the only thing to look foward to and now he wont have his shooters around him to get quick assists.

abe_froman
10-01-2010, 02:10 AM
of the choices,cavs or gs.never betting on the clips

SugeKnight
10-01-2010, 02:32 AM
Logical pick: Wiz (Eastern Conference and talented team)
Homer pick: Warriors :)

Antipod
10-01-2010, 02:39 AM
Wizards, if Wall is a franchise type PG

Baller1
10-01-2010, 02:51 AM
I said the Cavs. They have hate, motivation, determination, betrayal, revenge, etc. on their minds. And I like Byron Scott.

I give them a chance to sneak into the weak East.

todu82
10-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Washington

Sly Guy
10-01-2010, 08:56 AM
none. And there should be an option for that.

RaiderLakersA's
10-01-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm going to show a little Bay Area pride and say the Warriors. It's amazing that a franchise that was almost a contender just a few years ago has fallen so far.

Knicks21
10-01-2010, 11:31 AM
David Lee was an allstar barley last year due to injuries, and he never won more then like 30 games. They lost all their shooters and Curry is the only thing to look foward to and now he wont have his shooters around him to get quick assists.

You try guarding 7ft centers when 6ft 9, its hard. And posting 20 and 11 in that year is impressive for a undersized center.

Heater4life
10-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Wiz have a better shot than the Cavs. I like there mix of talent better, Wall-Arenas-Thorton-Daye-Hinrich-Howard not as shabby as some make them out to be.

Boston33
10-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Clips, I wanna see Blake Griffin

Forbo
10-01-2010, 11:46 AM
You try guarding 7ft centers when 6ft 9, its hard. And posting 20 and 11 in that year is impressive for a undersized center.

I didnt say he was good, all I said was he isnt an all star. He cannot win games he can do well stat wise but cannot do anything to gain the lead or win games. Plus some defense would help on David Lees part.

RCarlson85
10-01-2010, 11:52 AM
In the past I would have said it has to be one of the teams from the East since the East is weaker. I don't think that's as true now as it was in the recent past. I still do believe the West is better from top to bottom, so I voted it would be the Wiz. They have some young talent plus Arenas. If he can stay healthy and their young players do well, they could get that 8th spot in the East.

prodigy
10-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Scott said he has more talent on this Cleveland team then he did his first years with the Hornets and Nets.

As a Cavs fan I need to see at least 20 games before make any judgments. Because if they play well together i could see the Cavs going after a good player with their trade exception. But if they suck they could end up trading Jamison and Mo.

7th or 8th seed is the worse spot to be in the NBA. Because you are most likely one and done in the playoffs, and your draft pick will suck.

Sadds The Gr8
10-01-2010, 12:09 PM
The Raptors and T-Wolves aren't in this list? :confused:

well from these teams i'll say Washington. If Wall lives up to the hype, Gilbert is motivated and doesn't act like a dumb ***, Blatche can continue to produce like the end of last season, and the other scorers can contribute consistently (Thornton, Howard, Hinrich, Young), then this team might actually be decent.

Rivera
10-01-2010, 12:34 PM
i like the clipps talent and i picked them davis/gordon/aminu/blake/kaman they do have a legit starting 5 but ive been fooled by this story before

damn its to late i already voted for LAC i shoulda picked the WIZ overall easier conference and they have john wall :drool:

FadeAwayLikeMJ
10-01-2010, 12:37 PM
G-State IMO

young and talented (ie 09 Thunder)

cali72888
10-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Warriors out of the four.

They have a very explosive and young team with a coach who has been waiting ten years for a shot at a head coaching gig.

The new ownership taking over are proven winners and helped bring the first big three to Boston. They are going to do what it takes to win.

Curry is the best PG from any of the four teams listed.

Ellis (although undersized) is one of the most explosive players in the NBA and if he can cut down on his turnovers he is going to be deadly.

Wright is going to play our defensive stopper here in Oakland and provide some decent scoring here and then.

Lee is going to flourish as a 4 in our system and with Curry feeding him that pick and roll all night long he is going to at least match him numbers from last season.

Biedrins is the x-factor. This season really depends on if he can get back to his 15-10 a night game and maintain a decent Free Throw percentage. If he continues to regress the Warriors are going to be screwed in the paint.

Young24
10-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Wiz have a better shot than the Cavs. I like there mix of talent better, Wall-Arenas-Thorton-Daye-Hinrich-Howard not as shabby as some make them out to be.

Daye is on the pistons.

j-bay
10-01-2010, 04:04 PM
The wiz are alot better then you think they are they have alot of talent look at their summer league games then their roster they have some guys that have been to the playoffs

PraiseJesus
10-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Warriors.

Curry + Lee + Ellis

Raidaz4Life
10-01-2010, 04:07 PM
This is easily the Cavs for me.

I don't see either the Clippers or Warriors making the playoffs out west and I like the Cavs team a lot more with Byron Scott than I do that Wizards squad with all those chemistry question marks.

j-bay
10-01-2010, 04:11 PM
dude the wizards have chemistry if you talking about jw anf ga look up their assist stats

PraiseJesus
10-01-2010, 04:16 PM
dude the wizards have chemistry if you talking about jw anf ga look up their assist stats

Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Steph Curry + David Lee + Monta Ellis + Biedrins + Dorell Wright

is a much more balanced team. I think the Warriors make some noise this year. 50-54 wins

j-bay
10-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Too many cooks in the kitchen.

Steph Curry + David Lee + Monta Ellis + Biedrins + Dorell Wright

is a much more balanced team. I think the Warriors make some noise this year. 50-54 wins

ernie grunfield has dealed with this before

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/23/AR2010092306418.html

Grunfeld added that he doesn't believe Arenas and Wall will have any problems as the starting back court, mentioning how he had Sam Cassell and Gary Payton with him in Milwaukee and grew up watching Earl Monroe and Walt "Clyde" Frazier with the Knicks.

PraiseJesus
10-01-2010, 04:21 PM
ernie grunfield has dealed with this before

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/23/AR2010092306418.html

Grunfeld added that he doesn't believe Arenas and Wall will have any problems as the starting back court, mentioning how he had Sam Cassell and Gary Payton with him in Milwaukee and grew up watching Earl Monroe and Walt "Clyde" Frazier with the Knicks.

Ok....

Well this casual observer says that Arenas will be gone before the trading deadline.

Hawkeye15
10-01-2010, 04:21 PM
probably the Wizards out of this group.

j-bay
10-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Ok....

Well this casual observer says that Arenas will be gone before the trading deadline.

admit it you miss him do you

ryder78c
10-01-2010, 04:31 PM
why aint the nets up here?

Clips

Kaman/Jordan
Griffin
Aminu/Gomes & Butler
Gordon/Foye
Davis/Bledsoe

Tony_Starks
10-01-2010, 07:49 PM
I dont know I think the Wizards have the most potential out of that group. A big x factor is that Yi was ballin like crazy this summer in the FIBA tourney, if him Josh Howard and Arenas are in sync they could be putting some crazy small lineups on the floor.

Flips an offensive coach and Blatche has a legit J so imagine JWall running the break with 4 shooters/lane fillers around him. Lots of possibilities......

29$JerZ
10-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Only Washington has a shot in this group
I think GS is a darkhorse but they really need to be healthy and Curry has to continue to be a bigger impact.

llemon
10-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Only Washington has a shot in this group
I think GS is a darkhorse but they really need to be healthy and Curry has to continue to be a bigger impact.

Hoping the Nets don't trade for 'Melo and sneak into the playoffs.

DeyAce
10-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Wizards
Clippers
Warriors
Cavs

DeShaun Brown
10-01-2010, 08:14 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Wizards are my sleeper team to make the playoffs this year. I also think that the Pacers have a slight chance of making it too.

JRisdabest
10-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Blake griffin.nuff said

Hero93
10-01-2010, 08:53 PM
wizards and its not even close, our team is most athletic, we WILL make the playoffs and u can sig bet that

xM1GSx
10-01-2010, 09:02 PM
0 of them

mrblisterdundee
10-01-2010, 09:08 PM
If Gilbert Arenas and John Wall can gel, then the Wizards have one of the best back courts in the NBA and a great shot at the playoffs. The Cavaliers, though, have the easiest division to play in; let's not forget the downfall of Detroit and continued mediocrity of Toronto, which will only get worse.

tredigs
10-01-2010, 09:15 PM
I'd be FLOORED if the Cavs win 30+ games. Playoffs? No, just no. That team is aggressively bad. They have a very strong case for having the worst team in the NBA, not the 8th seed.

Of the teams mentioned, I'm taking the Warriors. It will take a comeback year from Biedrins, and for Udoh to come back strong late December/early Jan for them to make their push, but assuming they don't end up with the laughable amount of long-term injuries that they went through last season, they should be able to make a strong run at it.