PDA

View Full Version : Shaq still doesn't think highly of Chris Bosh

D Roses Bulls
09-30-2010, 04:49 PM
The title is of the article. So I didnt make it up. so I dont wanna hear anything bout it.

Back in 2009, Shaq had some less than kind words for Chris Bosh after Bosh suggested Shaq got the benefit of some kind officiating.

"I heard what Chris Bosh said, and that's strong words coming from the RuPaul of big men," O'Neal said. "I'm going to do the same thing (in their next meeting) I did before - make him quit. Make 'em quit and complain. It's what I do."

Well, they haven't exactly kissed and made up. We all know Bosh is in Miami now as part of the whatever you want to nickname them. Everyone's made a big deal about the 3 stars The Heat have on their roster. But Shaq doesn't quite see it that way.

“They got a great 1-2,” says Shaq, who disdains Chris Bosh so much he refuses to make it three. And then he started listing the Celtics, the long list of young stars and old champions fighting the fade into twilight. “Everyone is young this, young that. I’ve been in [the NBA Finals] six times in the last [16 years] years, and I haven’t seen a young team make it all the way and win it. They may look better, but they don’t do what we do.”

That sound you heard is the gauntlet being dropped. Again.

These Boston Celtics are pissed off, folks. They all saw what went on with that premature celebration in Miami. They all watch Sports Center and their big Miami training camp segments. They all know that The Heat are getting all the attention and have been crowned champs already... leaving the season as simply an inevitable Sherman's March to a title.

So this won't be the last shot the Celtics take at Miami. Oh no... this is just beginning.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/shaq_still_doesnt_think_highly_of_chris_bosh/3327261

John Walls Era
09-30-2010, 04:51 PM
How are the Heat young? Shaq is an idiot.

I doubt the Heat really care what a has been would have to say. Shaqs not even relevant anymore.

mjt20mik
09-30-2010, 04:55 PM
They got maybe 4 - 5 young guys. That being said, out of those 4/5 guys, 3 of them have had a lot of playoff experience. Shaq clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.

daleja424
09-30-2010, 04:56 PM
lol... HEAT are young... LMAO... they are older than when Kobe and Shaq won their first. LOL

John Walls Era
09-30-2010, 05:01 PM
If Shaq said this back in his prime, people would've cared. But no one cares anymore. Hes a hypocrite and an idiot.

smith&wesson
09-30-2010, 05:08 PM
shaq doesnt respect bosh. and right fully so. he owns him even at his age. so he isnt completly wrong. has any one watched a game where bosh complains about shaq being in the key longer then 3 seconds ? hahahaha because he cant handle old *** shaq so he makes excuses. imagine shaq was still yonge. he would take a crap longer then bosh.

ecorrea
09-30-2010, 05:12 PM
love it

TheTakeOver24
09-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Why is this 3rd string player still talking?

J4KOP99
09-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Heat vs Celtics is going to be amazing this year... Some serious games are coming... reminds me of Miami vs. NY during the 90's. It might be ugly from a basketball sense but it will be fun to watch.

--As a Lakers fan, I love how all the attention is on the East right now.

Venomous88
09-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Everything Shaq says is all in context to him. Just because the Heat are younger than his team, they must be considered a young team.

NYtilIdie
09-30-2010, 05:20 PM
Nobody thinks highly of Bosh anymore.

ecorrea
09-30-2010, 05:23 PM

man this 3rd stringer, aka shaq, is only the begining of the celtics talking about the heat. u think kg, pierce, rondo, j. oneal, ray allen etc respect the trio in miami??? with all that celebration and media, cmon, this is just the begining...

jrm2054
09-30-2010, 05:24 PM
im going get killed by heat fans for this but i agree with shaq about Bosh. He isn't as good as they make him out to be. He is a good player but not great. It is the big 2 with a good 3rd guy in Bosh. I think Bosh will excel in the spot as 3rd best on the team but he is not on the level as Lebron and Wade and we need to stop acting like he is.

Celtic AL
09-30-2010, 05:25 PM
oh great another Shaq hate thread where Heat fans & laker fans Bait! when will this end?

TheTakeOver24
09-30-2010, 05:28 PM
im going get killed by heat fans for this but i agree with shaq about Bosh. He isn't as good as they make him out to be. He is a good player but not great. It is the big 2 with a good 3rd guy in Bosh. I think Bosh will excel in the spot as 3rd best on the team but he is not on the level as Lebron and Wade and we need to stop acting like he is.

Um I dont think anyone has said Bosh is on the same level as a Wade/LeBron...

jrm2054
09-30-2010, 05:30 PM

The media and lots of heat fans are. Not saying you but some heat fans think they have like the top 3 players in the league when Bosh prob isn't even top 10.

TheTakeOver24
09-30-2010, 05:31 PM
man this 3rd stringer, aka shaq, is only the begining of the celtics talking about the heat. u think kg, pierce, rondo, j. oneal, ray allen etc respect the trio in miami??? with all that celebration and media, cmon, this is just the begining...

The celebration was for the city of Miami... Shaq had a similar celebration when he came here where he also guaranteed a championship.
The media... did they ask for the media? They went to a friggin high security air base to do their camp... they are not asking for that attention.
And yes KG/Ray Allen know and understand EXACTLY what the Heat are about... winning championships.

smith&wesson
09-30-2010, 05:31 PM
put it this way. if the heat dont win a ship the first year bosh will get traded for a more compitant big man.

obviously it wont be wade and lebron. so who do you think gets moved ?

wade and lebron are going to be the deadliest wing duo in the leauge. all they need is a big man who can defend the paint and bosh can not do that if his life depended on it. he can take open mid range jumpers all day but so can bron and wade.

TheTakeOver24
09-30-2010, 05:32 PM
The media and lots of heat fans are. Not saying you but some heat fans think they have like the top 3 players in the league when Bosh prob isn't even top 10.

LMAO, find me a single person!

Celtic AL
09-30-2010, 05:34 PM
the pressure is on the heat thats for sure

jrm2054
09-30-2010, 05:35 PM

go back and look in the threads about free agency from the summer if you want proof, i dont care enough to go looking through 100's of pages of posts.

godolphins
If Shaq said this back in his prime, people would've cared. But no one cares anymore. Hes a hypocrite and an idiot.

Well said

TheTakeOver24
the pressure is on the heat thats for sure

No doubt.
Btw this thread was started by a known Heat hater, so its obviously not a Laker/Heat fans bait thread.
More the other way around.

Celtic AL
09-30-2010, 05:40 PM
No doubt.
Btw this thread was started by a known Heat hater, so its obviously not a Laker/Heat fans bait thread.

yeah i know but its only 1 QUOTE people need to grow up!

Jonathan2323
09-30-2010, 05:42 PM
Shaq is trying to stay relevant. I can't wait for him to start crying when Perkins comes back and he doesn't get any playing time.

TheTakeOver24
09-30-2010, 05:44 PM
yeah i know but its only 1 QUOTE people need to grow up!

Its still uncalled for disrespect to a guy who did nothing to provoke it. Shaq is a walking joke now, lost so much respect for the guy over the years... he even called out Wade who won him another ring.

macc
09-30-2010, 05:46 PM

I doubt the Heat really care what a has been would have to say. Shaqs not even relevant anymore.

Shaq is OBVIOUSLY relevant or else you wouldn't be so passionate and show so much hate against the guy as you're doing right now.

People hate on Shaq but he creates controversy. People love to hate him. The guy is the king of marketing STILL in the NBA. Anything he says about any NBA player and it gets a forum thread. If it wasn't relevant and people didn't care to put in their two cents (good or bad). Then he wouldn't be relevant. Savy

Celtic AL
09-30-2010, 05:47 PM
Its still uncalled for disrespect to a guy who did nothing to provoke it. Shaq is a walking joke now, lost so much respect for the guy over the years... he even called out Wade who won him another ring.

true & its the LA ego i might add to

Klivlend
09-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Heat vs Celtics is going to be amazing this year... Some serious games are coming... reminds me of Miami vs. NY during the 90's. It might be ugly from a basketball sense but it will be fun to watch.

oooohhhh, you must be the Laker/Yankee/Duke fan I've heard about

TheTakeOver24
09-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Shaq is OBVIOUSLY relevant or else you wouldn't be so passionate and show so much hate against the guy as you're doing right now.

People hate on Shaq but he creates controversy. People love to hate him. The guy is the king of marketing STILL in the NBA. Anything he says about any NBA player and it gets a forum thread. If it wasn't relevant and people didn't care to put in their two cents (good or bad). Then he wouldn't be relevant. Savy

King of Marketing? The Celtics/Heat game has been sold out for months... he's a 3rd string player. And the reason its in the thread is because its about the Heat(who are relevant), not because Shaq said it.

D Roses Bulls
09-30-2010, 05:53 PM
No doubt.

statements like this just make you guys look bad. look at my previous posts in almost every other thread about the heat. I am from florida so I can never hate a team from my home state besides the seminoles and hurricanes. also in my profile, it says how wade is my favorite player. The only person I "Hate on" is lebron and like i even said in threads from the summer, even if he would of came to the bulls i still would of disliked him. so get your facts strait before you open your mouth and because i post something that doesnt praise the heat, its hating? I guess because i posted a nate robinson thread a little while ago im a nate robinson fan now. give me a break.

J4KOP99
09-30-2010, 05:54 PM
oooohhhh, you must be the Laker/Yankee/Duke fan I've heard about

OMG! NO WAY?!?!?

What does that have anything to do with this thread/what I said...

TheTakeOver24
09-30-2010, 05:59 PM
statements like this just make you guys look bad. look at my previous posts in almost every other thread about the heat. I am from florida so I can never hate a team from my home state besides the seminoles and hurricanes. also in my profile, it says how wade is my favorite player. The only person I "Hate on" is lebron and like i even said in threads from the summer, even if he would of came to the bulls i still would of disliked him. so get your facts strait before you open your mouth and because i post something that doesnt praise the heat, its hating? I guess because i posted a nate robinson thread a little while ago im a nate robinson fan now. give me a break.

I've seen you hate on Riley/Bosh/LeBron... basic thought process is to call you a Heat hater...
I apologize if I was wrong to come to the conclusion, but clearly you could see why I would think that.

Sadds The Gr8
09-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Shaq > Rupaul.

D Roses Bulls
09-30-2010, 06:04 PM
I've seen you hate on Riley/Bosh/LeBron... basic thought process is to call you a Heat hater...
I apologize if I was wrong to come to the conclusion, but clearly you could see why I would think that.

I said I didnt think riley was the godfather, actually didnt understand why he was called that for only winning 1 ring as the president. thats not hating, thats a relevant question and about bosh i said i would rather have dirk. which everyone besides of course heat fans said they wouldnt. ive never even called bosh overrated one time, so i dont know what you are talking about. like i said many of times, i dislike lebron, really dislike him. so of course im going to hate on lebron. its been that way since he came into the league. but its cool, when i post something about the heat doesnt mean i dislike them, its news. so i post it.

Klivlend
09-30-2010, 06:08 PM
OMG! NO WAY?!?!?

What does that have anything to do with this thread/what I said...

It doesn't. I've just seen you be referenced like 6 times and didn't know who the people were talking about. Just an 'ah-ha!' moment for me. Now I know, that's all.

Forte22
09-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Pshh Shaq.

TheTakeOver24
09-30-2010, 06:13 PM
I said I didnt think riley was the godfather, actually didnt understand why he was called that for only winning 1 ring as the president. thats not hating, thats a relevant question and about bosh i said i would rather have dirk. which everyone besides of course heat fans said they wouldnt. ive never even called bosh overrated one time, so i dont know what you are talking about. like i said many of times, i dislike lebron, really dislike him. so of course im going to hate on lebron. its been that way since he came into the league. but its cool, when i post something about the heat doesnt mean i dislike them, its news. so i post it.

kool but its still tough not to call you a Heat hater... LeBron James plays for the Miami Heat...
Riley basically had presidential duties as a coach, so the label is insignificant.
Plus, I've seen you attack the Heat fan base multiple times...
just a combination of a lot of things...
But I guess your not a Heat hater... I apologize.

Back to the topic:
Shaq should be worried about getting playing time... not about the Heat.

DoJoTheSlasher
09-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Bosh is obviously better than Shaq today no competition and it is getting old with all the trash talk but it is accurate when talking about the premature celebrations and I think Shaq is right when he said they may look better but they don't do what Boston does. Boston has Pierce, KG and Allen as the 3 big vets who are past their primes but all will win a game. Pierce can take a game over in the 4th, KG can lock anyone down (almost) and Ray Allen will hit the shot. Rondo is a top 5 PG. Shaq and Jermaine bring 2 strong big men and Perkins brings yet anothe top notch defensive big in the game. Boston is better and I don't think Miami can beat them, in the playoffs.

RCarlson85
09-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Do you think Chris Bosh, or anyone for that matter, gives a **** what Shaq says/thinks? Shaq is no longer relevant. It's time to just ride off into the sunset Shaq.

Also, I like how the article mentions how the Celtics are mad at the Heat for all that's happened this summer like they will be more motivated to come out and play hard. I think I would be more worried about Lebron and Wade being mad than that team of past their prime players. They're the ones who are going to go off on people and make them pay for all the things they've said in the past few months.

J4KOP99
09-30-2010, 06:32 PM
It doesn't. I've just seen you be referenced like 6 times and didn't know who the people were talking about. Just an 'ah-ha!' moment for me. Now I know, that's all.

Oh, nice man.

Well, what are your opinions on this topic? I would like to compare, considering I am such a front-runner and all, I must not know a single thing about what this thread is stating.

I love hearing POV's from "real" fans. It is something that I will never be able to do myself. (Give a POV as a real fan, that is.)

macc
09-30-2010, 06:33 PM
King of Marketing? The Celtics/Heat game has been sold out for months... he's a 3rd string player. And the reason its in the thread is because its about the Heat(who are relevant), not because Shaq said it.

Come on man, you know better. EVERYTIME Shaq has had something to say about another NBA player it's made its way to its own thread. I'm pretty sure Bosh isn't the only player he's talked about.

Miami is def relevant w/ their 3 but you can't tell me Shaq doesn't bring intrigue (good or bad) to psd.

DoJoTheSlasher
09-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Do you think Chris Bosh, or anyone for that matter, gives a **** what Shaq says/thinks? Shaq is no longer relevant. It's time to just ride off into the sunset Shaq.

Also, I like how the article mentions how the Celtics are mad at the Heat for all that's happened this summer like they will be more motivated to come out and play hard. I think I would be more worried about Lebron and Wade being mad than that team of past their prime players. They're the ones who are going to go off on people and make them pay for all the things they've said in the past few months.

That team of "past their prime players" has been to the Finals 2 out of the last 3 years and they won 1 championship over the soon to be 3peat Lakers (that is if Dallas doesn't step in) :)

J4KOP99
09-30-2010, 06:39 PM
kool but its still tough not to call you a Heat hater... LeBron James plays for the Miami Heat...
Riley basically had presidential duties as a coach, so the label is insignificant.

Back to the topic:

I'm not a betting man, but if I was, I'd bet that Shaq knows what his role will be on this current celtics team. I think the last thing he is worrying about is playing time.

As for his statements. He has played Bosh well in the past, even at an old age. There is nothing wrong with him saying that.

Speaking on how the Heat are a "young" team. I do not think he means they are young in age, instead I think he means they are a newly put together or a "young" team. The fact that they haven't played together yet, is what he means IMO.

Clearly he can go on the internet and look up the ages of the Heat players...

He has a good point. Rarely do teams that are just thrown together end up winning titles. Other than the '08 Celtics, I can't think of another team that has done it(other than maybe the Lakers and Celtics back in the early 80's). It took the Kobe-Shaq duo a couple years before they could get it done. Think about how many new components this current Heat team has. It is not ridiculous to assume they may have a little trouble meshing at the beginning.

John Walls Era
09-30-2010, 06:40 PM

I meant "Relevant" from a bball aspect. Hes not the one carrying the teams anymore, therefore he is irrelevant. Celtics would be just as good without him.

:laugh: King of Marketing? Just because he made that **** and bull story doesn't mean you have to believe him. All those sold out game would've been sold out regardless of what he said (Dwight incident). Calling out players/coaches didn't market anything; it just made him look dumb and arrogant.

RCarlson85
09-30-2010, 06:42 PM
That team of "past their prime players" has been to the Finals 2 out of the last 3 years and they won 1 championship over the soon to be 3peat Lakers (that is if Dallas doesn't step in) :)

Yes, they have been good in the past, but their time is running out. Their "big 3" is past their prime, that's not just my opinion. Then add the 2 O'neals into the mix who are also past their prime. The only people who make significant contributions who aren't past their prime would be Rondo and Perkins. They also have guys like Big Baby and Tony Allen who are younger, but they're just bench players. The championship they won was 3 years ago, they aren't the same team. They found the fountain of youth last year to make a nice run, but that's not going to happen again this year.

TheTakeOver24
09-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Yes, they have been good in the past, but their time is running out. Their "big 3" is past their prime, that's not just my opinion. Then add the 2 O'neals into the mix who are also past their prime. The only people who make significant contributions who aren't past their prime would be Rondo and Perkins. They also have guys like Big Baby and Tony Allen who are younger, but they're just bench players. The championship they won was 3 years ago, they aren't the same team. They found the fountain of youth last year to make a nice run, but that's not going to happen again this year.

Tony Allen is no longer with the Celtics. DWade was soooo :D when this happened lol.

macc
09-30-2010, 06:46 PM
I meant "Relevant" from a bball aspect. Hes not the one carrying the teams anymore, therefore he is irrelevant. Celtics would be just as good without him.

:laugh: King of Marketing? Just because he made that **** and bull story doesn't mean you have to believe him. All those sold out game would've been sold out regardless of what he said (Dwight incident). Calling out players/coaches didn't market anything; it just made him look dumb and arrogant.

Anything that stirs the pot and creates controversy is "marketing." Yes Shaq is the king at that. How can you even debate that?

Reguardless how far past his prime Shaq is, people still listen when he talks, hense the reason you and I are debating about it now.

When Orlando played Cleveland last year people wanted to see "Superman vs Superman" Shaq was past his prime last year but people wanted to see them face off. Shaqs words dissing Howard created excitement. Granted the game would of been sold out reguardlessly, but on a global scale, more people watched the game because you had a past great in Shaq and a current in Howard.

If Shaq wasn't good at marketing then people wouldln't cling to everything he said. Even when people hate on Shaq that's still creating controversy. As I said before. People love hating Shaq and will jump on him for anything he says.

If Adonyl Foyle said he didn't like Chris Bosh, NOONE would care, because Foyle is irrelevant.

Klivlend
09-30-2010, 06:49 PM
Oh, nice man.

Well, what are your opinions on this topic? I would like to compare, considering I am such a front-runner and all, I must not know a single thing about what this thread is stating.

I love hearing POV's from "real" fans. It is something that I will never be able to do myself. (Give a POV as a real fan, that is.)

Dude, I never said you weren't a 'real fan'. I don't understand how you became a fan of those franchises. But that doesn't really matter. There are a lot of things I don't understand and will never understand. (Examples: women, why people like country music, racism, why short guys always drive huge trucks, the appeal of soccer, addiction) That's just life. Just because I don't understand your allegiances does not compromise the legitimacy of your fanhood. Whatever, man. Maybe you respect winning, maybe your Dad was a fan, maybe you lived in those cities, or maybe those teams wear your favorite colors—whatever.

As for my opinions on this topic, Bosh will never be the type of dominating player Shaq was and can still be in flashes. Very few have been and ever will be as dominate as Shaq once was. They just don't make 'em like Shaq very often. With that said, I think Bosh can play his role very well—clean up the boards, hit the open mid-range jumper and help with spacing. He will struggle against the bigger big-men, like Shaq, but he will have help. LBJ and Wade are both good help defenders, and they have some other big-men who can help and use their fouls so Bosh can stay in the game and help on the offensive side of the floor. Bosh is a very talented player and the Heat will need him to show up in a big way to bring a championship home to South Beach. He will have many opportunities to prove he was deserving of his contract and to be in the discussion as a top PF in the league. Just another story line to follow during the most highly anticipated NBA season in my memory.

fresh prince
09-30-2010, 06:50 PM
LMAO..I dont care who you are. Back when Shaq called Chris Bosh the Rupal of Big men it was the funniest thing he had ever said or done...ever.

Sadly it may be the last funny or cool thing he will ever say..

The Rupal of Big Men :laugh2:

Classic

daleja424
09-30-2010, 06:52 PM
btw...say what you want but in the two games they played last year Bosh averaged 21 and 13... Shaq averaged 14 and 6... and each team won a game

everything else aside... there is no doubt that Bosh is better than shaq...and Im getting tired of Shaq claiming to be better than everyone...get over it shaq...

kidfury
09-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Shaq, KG and even Perkins have had their way with bosh so for shaq to spout off now about the hype with miami/bosh is reasonable and valid. they've bullied and intimidated him in the paint.

Sadds The Gr8
09-30-2010, 06:54 PM
LMAO..I dont care who you are. Back when Shaq called Chris Bosh the Rupal of Big men it was the funniest thing he had ever said or done...ever.

Classic
i found that funny even tho I was a Raps fan and loved Bosh

Klivlend
09-30-2010, 06:54 PM

Classic

Dude, the quote in you sig is so epic. I smile every time I read it.

J4KOP99
09-30-2010, 06:57 PM
Dude, I never said you weren't a 'real fan'. I don't understand how you became a fan of those franchises. But that doesn't really matter. There are a lot of things I don't understand and will never understand. (Examples: women, why people like country music, racism, why short guys always drive huge trucks, the appeal of soccer, addiction) That's just life. Just because I don't understand your allegiances does not compromise the legitimacy of your fanhood. Whatever, man. Maybe you respect winning, maybe your Dad was a fan, maybe you lived in those cities, or maybe those teams wear your favorite colors—whatever.

As for my opinions on this topic, Bosh will never be the type of dominating player Shaq was and can still be in flashes. Very few have been and ever will be as dominate as Shaq once was. They just don't make 'em like Shaq very often. With that said, I think Bosh can play his role very well—clean up the boards, hit the open mid-range jumper and help with spacing. He will struggle against the bigger big-men, like Shaq, but he will have help. LBJ and Wade are both good help defenders, and they have some other big-men who can help and use their fouls so Bosh can stay in the game and help on the offensive side of the floor. Bosh is a very talented player and the Heat will need him to show up in a big way to bring a championship home to South Beach. He will have many opportunities to prove he was deserving of his contract and to be in the discussion as a top PF in the league. Just another story line to follow during the most highly anticipated NBA season in my memory.

Respect.

As for the thread stuff, I agree that Bosh will definitely fit in nicely. The only problem I see with the Heat is I can't figure out who is going to get in the post. Bosh is more of a mid-range shooter, rarely backs players his size down and even has some trouble rebounding at times.

When the Heat go up against the Celtics, the Celt's frontline is huge... and talented. This will cause nightmares for the Heat IMO. But as you said, and I completely agree with, there is more anticipation toward this season, than any other. One thing I will definitely be looking for is how Bosh decides to go about his game. Is he willing to bang down low in the post?

Kenny Powders
09-30-2010, 07:06 PM
The pressure is starting to get to Bosh, already. When questioned about his leadership by Jay Triano, during an interview with the fan 590 his response was:

"If 20 and 10 each night, isn't a leader, I don't know what is" If he believes that stats are the only attributes that make a leader, maybe he should get a new PR rep.

Then he seemed to take offence to being called the "third option" by SportsNet's Arash Madani:

Madani: "but now you're essentially the third option, when did that mindset change for you?"

Bosh: "the third option in what terms???"

Madani: "behind Dwade and lebron"

Bosh: "what options are we talking about?"

Madani: "with this team, i mean, you look at it..."

Bosh: (interjects)"offensively...defensively?"

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/eric_...11am-hour).mp3

Klivlend
09-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Respect.

As for the thread stuff, I agree that Bosh will definitely fit in nicely. The only problem I see with the Heat is I can't figure out who is going to get in the post. Bosh is more of a mid-range shooter, rarely backs players his size down and even has some trouble rebounding at times.

When the Heat go up against the Celtics, the Celt's frontline is huge... and talented. This will cause nightmares for the Heat IMO. But as you said, and I completely agree with, there is more anticipation toward this season, than any other. One thing I will definitely be looking for is how Bosh decides to go about his game. Is he willing to bang down low in the post?

Maybe Bosh's development will be similar to Gasol's once he arrived in L.A. Gasol still plays like Gasoft on occasion, but he is a much stronger player than he was when he first arrived in L.A. Bosh will have to toughen up. He is going to have to bang with the big boys down low. That part of his game will evolve. He should probably add a little muscle to his frame. He is listed as 6'10'' and 245 pounds. It would be nice to see him gain at least 5 pounds over the next year or so. For comparison, Pau Gasol is listed as 7' and 250 pounds and he gets pushed around at times. Bosh seems to have a naturally lean body type so that will probably be very difficult. Just gonna have to wait and see.

Two-3
09-30-2010, 07:15 PM

Whats funny is that KG and Ray told LeBron they wished they would have left there teams sooner.I bet they regret giving him that great advice.

daleja424
09-30-2010, 07:15 PM
you all are going to be very suprised at what you see from bosh. remember the soft gasol? remember how he changed on the lakers? you are going to see the very same thing in Miami with Bosh. That is what the HEATs culture demands

Teeboy1487
09-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Man, does shaq ever shut up? I really hope the Heat stomp the celtics.

RaiderLakersA's
09-30-2010, 07:59 PM
This thread should be closed either way.

fresh prince
09-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Dude, the quote in you sig is so epic. I smile every time I read it.

hahahahahaha.. I know right?

It's sad and hilarious all at the same time

fresh prince
09-30-2010, 08:18 PM
The pressure is starting to get to Bosh, already. When questioned about his leadership by Jay Triano, during an interview with the fan 590 his response was:

"If 20 and 10 each night, isn't a leader, I don't know what is" If he believes that stats are the only attributes that make a leader, maybe he should get a new PR rep.

Then he seemed to take offence to being called the "third option" by SportsNet's Arash Madani:

Madani: "but now you're essentially the third option, when did that mindset change for you?"

Wow is this legit?

If so not a good sign for Heat Fans..

Note to Bosh:

Yes you are the 3rd option Bro.. You have Dewayne Wade & Lebron James on your team now. You play for the Miami Heat with them... Its why you got the cameo on Entourage ..started gettign interview request south of the border and the reason why even casual basketball fans actually know your name now?

What planet is Bosh on? Maybe he is Rupaul?

The L Train
09-30-2010, 08:18 PM
Chris Bosh is probably the most overrated player in the NBA right now today. The media tries to puff him up and make it seem like he's part of the 'Big 3', but come on, WTF has this guy ever done except try to become a celebrity?

He's a talented player, but it's really stupid to see so many people sucking his dick and acting like he's anywhere near a top 5 player in the league.

CubsBullsBucs
09-30-2010, 08:31 PM
chris bosh is not a good player. he was great in a place like toronto where he was the best and they give it to him and ate up the weaker defenders. that being said, hes a 3rd option in miami now and doesnt play defense so what is he good for??? in my opinion they should have gotten a guy with better defense cuz its already hard sharing the ball with lebron and wade but wasting money on bosh was a huge mistake. ya it looked cool saying yes we did but it was a mistake, bosh doesnt add much to the heat, his offense is limited in miami and his defense sucks, and is going to get eaten alive. the only reaso i understand the bosh move is for two reasons: a. attract lebron. b. showing off saying yes we did, either way he wont help much. shaq is right!

kjoke
09-30-2010, 08:33 PM
wow really shaq, bosh is a top 3 player and u cant get of the bench :)

CubsBullsBucs
09-30-2010, 08:35 PM
Chris Bosh is probably the most overrated player in the NBA right now today. The media tries to puff him up and make it seem like he's part of the 'Big 3', but come on, WTF has this guy ever done except try to become a celebrity?

He's a talented player, but it's really stupid to see so many people sucking his dick and acting like he's anywhere near a top 5 player in the league.

hes lucky if he cracks top 20

John Walls Era
09-30-2010, 08:35 PM

Classic

What about "KOBE tell me how my @** taste" ?

dtmagnet
09-30-2010, 08:38 PM
As a Raptors fan it will feel weird to cheer for the Celtics in the playoffs for a change.

John Walls Era
09-30-2010, 08:39 PM

Its called being facetious

John Walls Era
09-30-2010, 08:40 PM
chris bosh is not a good player. he was great in a place like toronto where he was the best and they give it to him and ate up the weaker defenders. that being said, hes a 3rd option in miami now and doesnt play defense so what is he good for??? in my opinion they should have gotten a guy with better defense cuz its already hard sharing the ball with lebron and wade but wasting money on bosh was a huge mistake. ya it looked cool saying yes we did but it was a mistake, bosh doesnt add much to the heat, his offense is limited in miami and his defense sucks, and is going to get eaten alive. the only reaso i understand the bosh move is for two reasons: a. attract lebron. b. showing off saying yes we did, either way he wont help much. shaq is right!

I use to like the Bulls, but its stuff like this that makes me not like them. Bosh is not a good player? Yet Bulls fans wanted him before he signed with the Heat.

Kenny Powders
09-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Its called being facetious

Well its all a matter of opinion. You can take facetious. I will take Narcissist. But I've followed him since he was drafted, and the last few years you could see a change.

damasterpiece
09-30-2010, 08:49 PM

damn right

CubsBullsBucs
09-30-2010, 08:51 PM
I use to like the Bulls, but its stuff like this that makes me not like them. Bosh is not a good player? Yet Bulls fans wanted him before he signed with the Heat.

i didnt say he wasnt a good player, hes irrelevant in Miami= not a good choice by miami. and ur obviously not a bull fan n e more cuz they have been bad for a while. he would be good with chicago but boozer fits better with the bulls.

llemon
09-30-2010, 08:56 PM
Shouldn't the title of this thread be 'Shaq still doesn't think'?

TylerSL
09-30-2010, 09:04 PM

wow, truly the dumbest post ive ever read. :pity: What is Bosh good for? HA LOL!!! Wade and Lebron have Assist% around 40%, so they pass it enough to share the load. Wade and Lebron constantly got triple teamed last year, and they will demand sooooo much attention from other teams 1 of 2 things will happen.
1.Bosh will be wide open in the lane
2.Miller/Chalmers/House open for 3

you say Bosh doesnt play defense, well he will learn in the Miami system. Like somebody said "remember soft Gasol, and remember him now with the Lakers, Bosh will be the same way in Miami". They are exactly right. I will be able to bet anything that Bosh will lead the Heat team in FG% and be top 5 in FG% by year end. He will get so many open looks.

You clearly have no idea what youre talking about, infact this is such a stupid post, I am going to make you my new sig!

Tymathee
09-30-2010, 09:16 PM
this will be the only time i root for the Celtics and Shaq to beat anyone, get 'em Shaq daddy.

footballer2369
09-30-2010, 09:18 PM
What's hilarious to me is that people are trashing the guy who was 4th in the league in PER JUST because he's on the Heat. It's pathetic really.

Someone said he's lucky if he's top 20...hilarious...

24 and 11 with range out past the 3 point line and extreme effeciency. The man is absurd. People are acting like he's garbage.

And to the people saying it's a big two and Bosh... Are you really implying that Ray Allen is/was better than Bosh or was that not a big 3 either?

J4KOP99
09-30-2010, 09:32 PM
What's hilarious to me is that people are trashing the guy who was 4th in the league in PER JUST because he's on the Heat. It's pathetic really.

24 and 11 with range out past the 3 point line and extreme effeciency. The man is absurd. People are acting like he's garbage.

And to the people saying it's a big two and Bosh... Are you really implying that Ray Allen is/was better than Bosh or was that not a big 3 either?

I'm sorry, but when I think about NBA Big men, the last thing I worry about is whether or not they can hit the 3. What you are pointing out may be his biggest drawback.

Is Bosh willing to go down in the paint and back people down? Unlike Gasol, Bosh never really has been a back-to-the-basket low post player. He would rather go face to face with his defender and shoot over him.

24 and 11 means absolutely nothing to me. He is definitely a good player and most likely a top 5 PF... anybody who disagree's with that either hates the heat or hasn't watched Bosh play.

However, 1: he won't be getting nearly as many touches and with the current team, there isn't much space out on the wings for Bosh to be roaming around. I'm sure Spoelstra and the rest of the team would rather see Bosh occupy the low block rather then shoot mid-range jumpers anyways.

and 2: Will he be able to adjust to not being the focal point of an offense. It's not as easy as it seems. These past few years, Bosh knew he could do whatever he wanted on the offensive end. He could force shots to get himself going and with the low expectations he had, he was rarely in any pressure filled situations.

So, while I completely agree Bosh is a very talented player... and put up great numbers... that doesn't mean it will translate with his current team. There are countless examples of good players not meshing well with a new teams style of play.

TylerSL
09-30-2010, 09:34 PM

exactly, also people act like Heat fans are bad for saying Bosh is on the same tier as Wade/Lebron. Well, when did we ever say that. We just mention his name with theirs because he is on the same team. And IMO Bosh is only the #4 PF in the league
1.Gasol
2.Duncan
3.Dirk
4.Bosh
5.Stat
But to say he isnt big 3 yet guys like Ray Allen, Tony Parker, and Andrew Bynum (who is always injured) part of the big 3 on their team. Ive even heard Bulls fans call Noah part of their big 3. And Bosh isnt :facepalm:

btw The guy you are talking about in your post, I made his post my sig. LOL

TylerSL
09-30-2010, 09:37 PM
I'm sorry, but when I think about NBA Big men, the last thing I worry about is whether or not they can hit the 3. What you are pointing out may be his biggest drawback.

Is Bosh willing to go down in the paint and back people down? Unlike Gasol, Bosh never really has been a back-to-the-basket low post player. He would rather go face to face with his defender and shoot over him.

24 and 11 means absolutely nothing to me. He is definitely a good player and most likely a top 5 PF... anybody who disagree's with that either hates the heat or hasn't watched Bosh play.

However, 1: he won't be getting nearly as many touches and with the current team, there isn't much space out on the wings for Bosh to be roaming around. I'm sure Spoelstra and the rest of the team would rather see Bosh occupy the low block rather then shoot mid-range jumpers anyways.

and 2: Will he be able to adjust to not being the focal point of an offense. It's not as easy as it seems. These past few years, Bosh knew he could do whatever he wanted on the offensive end. He could force shots to get himself going and with the low expectations he had, he was rarely in any pressure filled situations.

So, while I completely agree Bosh is a very talented player... and put up great numbers... that doesn't mean it will translate with his current team. There are countless examples of good players not meshing well with a new teams style of play.

yea well 2 things will happen

1.Like Lebron said, they are taking the load of each other, they can score 20 points on 9 shots.
2.Bosh will get open looks all day with Wade and Lebron demanding double teams all the time.

3rdCoastFan11
09-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Never liked Shaq.. but always respected him as a player. Come on tho Shaq.. Really? He needs to recognize he's not what he was and let the guys that can actually still play do the talking.

J4KOP99
09-30-2010, 09:45 PM
yea well 2 things will happen

1.Like Lebron said, they are taking the load of each other, they can score 20 points on 9 shots.
2.Bosh will get open looks all day with Wade and Lebron demanding double teams all the time.

Stop using a basic regular season game as an example for how the Heat will do.

When the Heat play the Celtics... LeBron and Wade aren't going to be double teamed all over the court. Bosh won't be getting "open looks all day."

Those are the situations you have to look at. Don't think about how the Raptors will defend the Heat. Picture how the Celtics, Magic, Lakers, Mavs and others will play the Heat... They all have the fire power to match-up with the Heat on defense.

The L Train
09-30-2010, 09:48 PM
wow, truly the dumbest post ive ever read. :pity: What is Bosh good for? HA LOL!!! Wade and Lebron have Assist% around 40%, so they pass it enough to share the load. Wade and Lebron constantly got triple teamed last year, and they will demand sooooo much attention from other teams 1 of 2 things will happen.
1.Bosh will be wide open in the lane
2.Miller/Chalmers/House open for 3

you say Bosh doesnt play defense, well he will learn in the Miami system. Like somebody said "remember soft Gasol, and remember him now with the Lakers, Bosh will be the same way in Miami". They are exactly right. I will be able to bet anything that Bosh will lead the Heat team in FG% and be top 5 in FG% by year end. He will get so many open looks.

You clearly have no idea what youre talking about, infact this is such a stupid post, I am going to make you my new sig!

I know you can only see things thru your Miami Heat sunglasses, but the guy had some good points.

As I've always said, Bosh has always been overrated. I am also of the opinion that Miami would have done better to sign somebody who could play defense, to go with Wade/Lebron.

The only people who think Bosh is a top 20 player in the league are Heat fams and Bosh's mom. He's good, but he's damn sure not great, let's be honest.

NYKNYGNYY
09-30-2010, 10:16 PM
lol heat fans get so angry

tredigs
09-30-2010, 10:20 PM
lol... HEAT are young... LMAO... they are older than when Kobe and Shaq won their first. LOL

Agreed, Shaq's not exactly making any sound point by trying to insinuate the HEAT are young; especially considering Wade carried him to the title many years ago (like I'm sure has been mentioned... didn't bother to read the rest of this thread). But, why do you insist on writing like a 13 yr old girl texting her "bff"?

TylerSL
09-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Stop using a basic regular season game as an example for how the Heat will do.

When the Heat play the Celtics... LeBron and Wade aren't going to be double teamed all over the court. Bosh won't be getting "open looks all day."

Those are the situations you have to look at. Don't think about how the Raptors will defend the Heat. Picture how the Celtics, Magic, Lakers, Mavs and others will play the Heat... They all have the fire power to match-up with the Heat on defense.

exept they dont, because the Celtics triple teamed Wade in the playoffs and he still apart, and add Lebron and Bosh to the picture.

J4KOP99
09-30-2010, 10:38 PM
exept they dont, because the Celtics triple teamed Wade in the playoffs and he still apart, and add Lebron and Bosh to the picture.

They triple-teamed Wade because they COULD. What other player on the Heat roster was even remotely dangerous?

If you think that when the Heat play teams such as the Celtics, Magic, Lakers and a couple others... they will be double teaming LeBron and Wade all over and giving wide open shots to the other 3 guys, you will be sadly mistaken.

The aforementioned teams are much deeper than the Heat. They may not have the better 1-2 punch... but once you get into the 6,7, and 8th men, it's a whole other ball game.

ldawg
09-30-2010, 10:43 PM
Bosh being a top 5 pf shows the drop in the talent level of the nba bigs. Bosh is a soft big man. He is no where close to the past great big men he is more of a tall sf. Nba is even trying to help the game favor lesser players like Bosh and guards. This move by the NBA helps Heat. Expect the Heat to speed the game up to compensate for their lack of muscle inside. The NBA is slowly turning into euro soft ball. You can't even complain about the refs cheating bad calls. That is the only way Heat wins If the Refs call BS. Will Heat win games from the ft line?

TylerSL
09-30-2010, 10:52 PM
I know you can only see things thru your Miami Heat sunglasses, but the guy had some good points.

As I've always said, Bosh has always been overrated. I am also of the opinion that Miami would have done better to sign somebody who could play defense, to go with Wade/Lebron.

The only people who think Bosh is a top 20 player in the league are Heat fams and Bosh's mom. He's good, but he's damn sure not great, let's be honest.

my heat sunglasses? what are you talking about? Anyway, what good points? Unless you also think Bosh was a mistake by Miami (which is laughable) or you think Bosh will have no place in the Miami offense (which is also laughable). Bosh will suprise alot of people this year with his defensive play, just wait. Bosh isnt top 20? Well then, please state me 20 players that are better than Bosh. IMO this is top 20
1.Lebron
2.Wade
3.Kobe
4.Melo
5.CP3
6.D-Will
7.Nash
8.Gasol
9.Duncan
10.Durant
11.Dirk
12.Dwight
13.Roy
14.Gay
15.Joe Johnson
16.Manu
17.Rose
18.Bosh
19.Rondo
20.Boozer

I have Bosh 18. That is not overrating him. Lets be honost, hes very elite and the #4 PF in the leauge.

TylerSL
09-30-2010, 10:55 PM
They triple-teamed Wade because they COULD. What other player on the Heat roster was even remotely dangerous?

If you think that when the Heat play teams such as the Celtics, Magic, Lakers and a couple others... they will be double teaming LeBron and Wade all over and giving wide open shots to the other 3 guys, you will be sadly mistaken.

The aforementioned teams are much deeper than the Heat. They may not have the better 1-2 punch... but once you get into the 6,7, and 8th men, it's a whole other ball game.

first off, I know they only did it because they could, im saying look what still happened. They will play man to man im asuming on them. But if you dont think Wade and Lebron are just going to blow by whoever it is that is defending them you are in for a rude awaking. Also Wade and Lebron are 2 of the best in the league at getting to the line. Other teams bigs will be in alot of foul trouble this year.

tredigs
09-30-2010, 10:58 PM
my heat sunglasses? what are you talking about? Anyway, what good points? Unless you also think Bosh was a mistake by Miami (which is laughable) or you think Bosh will have no place in the Miami offense (which is also laughable). Bosh will suprise alot of people this year with his defensive play, just wait. Bosh isnt top 20? Well then, please state me 20 players that are better than Bosh. IMO this is top 20
1.Lebron
2.Wade
3.Kobe
4.Melo
5.CP3
6.D-Will
7.Nash
8.Gasol
9.Duncan
10.Durant
11.Dirk
12.Dwight
13.Roy
14.Rose
15.Joe Johnson
16.Manu
17.Rose
18.Bosh
19.Rondo
20.Boozer

I have Bosh 18. That is not overrating him. Lets be honost, hes very elite and the #4 PF in the leauge.

Durant 10th with Melo 4th. Good one. Rose 14th (and 17th), another good one. Nash ahead of Duncan, Dirk, Dwight, Durant, etc? Wow.

I agree with your underlying point that Bosh is being underrated by many (including Shaq's old, fat ***), and he is absolutely a top 20 player (rounding out the top 15, and he's going to be absolutely explosive for them), but please just delete this post. The rest of your list is disgusting.

TylerSL
09-30-2010, 11:06 PM
Durant 10th with Melo 4th. Good one. Rose 14th (and 17th), another good one. Nash ahead of Duncan, Dirk, Dwight, Durant, etc? Wow.

I agree with your underlying point that Bosh is being underrated by many (including Shaq's old, fat ***), and he is absolutely a top 20 player (rounding out the top 15, and he's going to be absolutely explosive for them), but please just delete this post. The rest of your list is disgusting.

my 2 roses was a mistake my first one was suposed to be Rudy Gay but a typo. Now to the others. yes IMO Durant is 10th, he is not a good a defender, not a good passer, his offense is mainly jumpshots. His total game is on his shooting. IMO until he improves in other areas yea hes #10. Dwight? The guy has absolutly no offensive game, and just blocks alot of shots and rebounds. I only rate Nash so high because I absolutly love him but to be honost Dirk Duncan and Gasol are all better than him.

ElMarroAfamado
09-30-2010, 11:22 PM
this is great
:o

uprightciti
09-30-2010, 11:22 PM
i would put money down to say shaq averages close to what bosh does this season

how can you have two of the highest point leaders
two of the best closers
and the two most selfish players on the same team

good luck miami

not to mention eric spagettio is a spazz that wont handle the egos and pressures come efc's vs. boston with a ****ing hard *** like doc!

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH SHAQ

RedRicanoBx
09-30-2010, 11:25 PM
in all reality boston vs miami is going to be crazy this year...

Lets go BOSTON...
not a celts fan but I will love to see the original big 3 do there thing... :)

TylerSL
09-30-2010, 11:26 PM
two of the best closers

good luck miami

not to mention eric spagettio is a spazz that wont handle the egos and pressures come efc's vs. boston with a ****ing hard *** like doc!

are you refering to Wade and Lebron 2 of the most selfish? Because if so stats dont lie. They are both to 10 in assists and both have an assist% close to 40%. That is really high. I will sig bet the bolded part btw.

tredigs
09-30-2010, 11:31 PM

two of the best closers

good luck miami

If I responded to this post sincerely, I would probably be banned.

So I'll just leave it at this: You are wrong. Utterly, hilariously wrong.

Jaji
09-30-2010, 11:33 PM
Me neither :shrug:.

J4KOP99
09-30-2010, 11:47 PM
On PSD Bosh seems to be either, highly overrated or extremely underrated.

Did someone actually say that an old-*** shaq will average the same amount of points as Bosh will this season?

The others that are already claiming how ****ing great he will be are doing the same thing.

We have no idea how this team will mesh. LeBron and Wade take it to the hole all day. They get to the line with relative ease. Bosh isn't known for playing down on the block. Where will he get all his points some of you are claiming he will get?

At the same time, he is obviously highly skilled. He can score in a few different ways but don't forget that he was the main option on a Toronto Raptors team that really never had a chance these past few seasons. Bosh was able to do whatever he wanted.

We will see soon enough how effective he will be. He will definitely have his big games against the bottom feeders on the east but what about when he goes up against the Orlando or Boston front line? Even Chicago has a more formidable front line than Miami. I think he still has a lot to prove.

_KB24_
10-01-2010, 02:16 AM
:laugh2:

I'm truly going to miss Shaq when he retires! Only the Big fella, only the Big fella :cool:

ee
10-01-2010, 02:28 AM
Lol, i love shaq, he keeps it old school, always try to start ****, i wish we get more players like him.... I miss the good old days when teams actually hated each other.... The barkleys, the isiah's....

D Roses Bulls
10-01-2010, 07:30 AM

Back to the topic:

I do attack them when they are bone headed. not all of them are. I actually like some of the heat guys like marlin and deja and others.and it should get a little better cause the couple bad ones are banned right now. if lebron was playing for the bulls like i said i would still dislike him, but doesnt mean i wouldnt root for the bulls. ill root for the heat to as long as they arnt going up against the bulls or magic cause i grew up as more of a magic fan back in the day, but not going to jump the wagon cause they look like they have the best team now. when i dont like something a player or team does i say it, even if thats wade or derrick rose, but thats why i like those two so much. they dont talk crap and are soft spoken. they dont make idotic comments like lebron with this new crap about race and such. if you ever have a problem with my commenting or are confused sometimes, just pm me and ill clarify it if im hating or not. but were cool man. just letting you know i dont dislike the heat like many others do.

Heater4life
10-01-2010, 08:09 AM

two of the best closers

good luck miami

Oh right!!! Lebron averaing 7.6 APG and D-wade 6.8 APG. Number 4 and 7 respectively in the league. Makes sense now, your not a hater. :up:

levignjw
10-01-2010, 08:35 AM

You can say the same thing for Shaq.

He was one of the most dominant big men of all time but no one wants to hear all this yap coming from a guy who's simply a role player now.

W/e I hate both teams (love D-Wade though), I hope they both implode.

mark1125
10-01-2010, 08:43 AM

See what happens when you assume. For instance, folks could look at your join date and conclude that you are a front-runner.

As to the topic, Shaq is just trying to stir up contorversy which = hype. It's no secret that his days of being relevant on the court are done. With tha said, out of LeBron, Wade, and Bosh, Bosh is the only one that drives me nuts. He is not in the same class as the other 2. He is a cling-on in my book riding the coat tails of the other 2. He is a good player that looked very good on a mediocre team. I HATE seeing that video where they "unveiled" those 3 in Miami and Bosh did his little "flex" thing while the other 2 just smiled.

John Walls Era
10-01-2010, 08:49 AM
See what happens when you assume. For instance, folks could look at your join date and conclude that you are a front-runner.

As to the topic, Shaq is just trying to stir up contorversy which = hype. It's no secret that his days of being relevant on the court are done. With tha said, out of LeBron, Wade, and Bosh, Bosh is the only one that drives me nuts. He is not in the same class as the other 2. He is a cling-on in my book riding the coat tails of the other 2. He is a good player that looked very good on a mediocre team. I HATE seeing that video where they "unveiled" those 3 in Miami and Bosh did his little "flex" thing while the other 2 just smiled.

Hes not as good as those 2. But hes one of the best at his position...

Byronicle
10-01-2010, 08:51 AM

:facepalm: I can't believe how blind you are. All the raptor fans have been saying how soft Bosh is and all the Heat fans can say is that Bosh is one of the toughest players, one of the best PF's in the game yada yada yada...

there are way too many cases where people have put Bosh with the likes of Lebron and Wade, everytime we say Bosh is weak, Heat fans argue its because he was on the Raptors, he was unmotivated, yada yada yada...

that is so typical of a Heat fan to be so blind to that and hypocritical. The minute Heat fans say how great Bosh is and the rest of the league disagree, we are all haters. But the minute we begin saying why do people think Bosh belongs in the same group as Wade and Lebron and why the Heat believe in that, the Heat fans deny then calls the rest of the league haters.

we're just telling you the truth, how it is. if you guys dont want hear about it than stop making these threads about how great the Heat is going to be, how they are going to go 82-0 and sweep every team in the playoffs, stop attracting so much negative attention.

Because you guys are all acting like Bosh, attention whores who are all sensitive to criticism. This is sports, man up and stop whining.

effen5
10-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Shoulda called Dirk up....

guarenteed championship.

uprightciti
10-01-2010, 11:25 AM
what do you miami fans think wade and lebrons assists averages will be this year?

i say 3 per game at most

Hangtime
10-01-2010, 11:25 AM
It seems like everytime shaq opens his mouth nowa days he is stuffin that size 22 in his mouth. But, he is the hypemaster so I guess this is expected.

mark1125
10-01-2010, 11:27 AM
It seems like everytime shaq opens his mouth nowa days he is stuffin that size 22 in his mouth. But, he is the hypemaster so I guess this is expected.

Bingo!!!. Shaq is more celebrity than ball player now. Almost everything he says has a purpose......to draw media attention and it works every time.

hugepatsfan
10-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Look at the sig...

Ebbs
10-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Lol this why Shaq should keep his mouth shut.

TheTakeOver24
10-01-2010, 11:43 AM
:facepalm: I can't believe how blind you are. All the raptor fans have been saying how soft Bosh is and all the Heat fans can say is that Bosh is one of the toughest players, one of the best PF's in the game yada yada yada...

there are way too many cases where people have put Bosh with the likes of Lebron and Wade, everytime we say Bosh is weak, Heat fans argue its because he was on the Raptors, he was unmotivated, yada yada yada...

that is so typical of a Heat fan to be so blind to that and hypocritical. The minute Heat fans say how great Bosh is and the rest of the league disagree, we are all haters. But the minute we begin saying why do people think Bosh belongs in the same group as Wade and Lebron and why the Heat believe in that, the Heat fans deny then calls the rest of the league haters.

we're just telling you the truth, how it is. if you guys dont want hear about it than stop making these threads about how great the Heat is going to be, how they are going to go 82-0 and sweep every team in the playoffs, stop attracting so much negative attention.

Because you guys are all acting like Bosh, attention whores who are all sensitive to criticism. This is sports, man up and stop whining.

Still waiting for a quote of a Heat fan saying that Bosh is as good as Wade and Lebron...
Most of what you said in the post is irrelevant... had nothing to do with the conversation... he said Heat fans say that Bosh is on the same level as Wade/LeBron, I said find me one person that has said that... Noone has found one yet.
I didnt mention anything about him being unmotivated or strong/weak w/e...
please vent your frustration somewhere else.

TheTakeOver24
10-01-2010, 11:44 AM
what do you miami fans think wade and lebrons assists averages will be this year?

i say 3 per game at most

off topic much?

John Walls Era
10-01-2010, 11:46 AM
I wont be surprised if Lebron and Wade give Bosh a lot of opportunities to score in the season opener because of this.

TheTakeOver24
10-01-2010, 11:48 AM

The "unveiling" was for the city of Miami... and the city of Miami had no problem with it... thats all that matters.

Hangtime
10-01-2010, 12:03 PM
The "unveiling" was for the city of Miami... and the city of Miami had no problem with it... thats all that matters.

Yeah, I don't think they were prematurely celebrating a championship, they were celebrating the new look of a team with great aspirations. It's an exciting time for Miami just as Celtic fans were excited when they snagged KG and Allen to join Pierce. The Celts need to be concerned about the team that actually won the last two years. Trash talk them.

mjt20mik
10-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Can't wait to see the Heat vs the Celtics. Hopefully Bosh doesn't play like how he did in Toronto, otherwise the front court of Boston are just going to have their way with him.

miller74
10-01-2010, 01:31 PM

Rightfully so, hes so overrated. He can have all the 20-10 games he wants but sometimes hitting a lay up at the buzzer is the difference

8kobe24
10-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Creating hype, that's all it is.

TheTakeOver24
10-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Can't wait to see the Heat vs the Celtics. Hopefully Bosh doesn't play like how he did in Toronto, otherwise the front court of Boston are just going to have their way with him.

I'm pleasantly surprised with what I've heard out of training camp, he actually blocked LeBron on a layup attempt.
Also he won't be playing center much at all in Miami, he's a much better matchup against forwards.

avrpatsfan
10-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Well 1st of all he's a starter and 2nd of all he's still a 1st ballot hall of famer. And he didn't have a huge national event to say "**** you" to Cleveland.

John Walls Era
10-01-2010, 02:47 PM
You know whats going to happen if Bosh has a monster game and shows up on defense right???

They will still hate and call him a quitter because he didn't provide the same effort as a Raptor. Haters are gonna hate.

Heater4life
10-01-2010, 03:04 PM

Oh you mean 25.3 PPG 11.7 RPG on .644 Fg% (wow!!!) in 3 games against Boston, 25 PPG 9.5 RPG on .551 FG% in 4 games against Miami, 14.7 PPG 9 RPG on .471 FG% in 3 games against cavs.

Hardly mediocre against Bostons front court.

TheTakeOver24
10-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Well 1st of all he's a starter and 2nd of all he's still a 1st ballot hall of famer. And he didn't have a huge national event to say "**** you" to Cleveland.

Bosh had a national event to put down Cleveland? wow, did not know that :confused:

Rivera
10-01-2010, 03:27 PM
chris bosh couldnt hold shaqs jock strap

Yagyu+
10-01-2010, 03:28 PM

I love that someone on here is reppin' Gibbs. Nice.

Gibby23
10-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Shaq might not want to give Bosh his props, but Bosh would be the best player on the Celtics, so would Wade, and so would Lebron.

DeZonia
10-01-2010, 03:40 PM

Heat fans are ridiculous. You are afraid of the Celtics so you make them sound to old to win. The big 3 may not be as athletic as they were in 08 BUT they don't have style of plays like Wade and Lebron so they don't rely on athleticism to get points. They also have Rondo one of the fastest/best defenders at PG (he wasn't in 08). Its going to be tough for the Heat to guard him. The Celtics IMO are way better than the Heat, and last time i checked 3 people don't make a team.

DeZonia
10-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Shaq might not want to give Bosh his props, but Bosh would be the best player on the Celtics, so would Wade, and so would Lebron.

NO Bosh wouldn't... Sorry...

Wade and Lebron wouldn't fit with the Celtics... They both rely on handling the ball every possession something the Celtics have Rondo for. So the Celtics would never care about having any of these 3...

Their team is perfect the way it is..

DeZonia
10-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Oh you mean 25.3 PPG 11.7 RPG on .644 Fg% (wow!!!) in 3 games against Boston, 25 PPG 9.5 RPG on .551 FG% in 4 games against Miami, 14.7 PPG 9 RPG on .471 FG% in 3 games against cavs.

Hardly mediocre against Bostons front court.

Well you Heat fans say that "Bosh was the only player on a team of scrubs.... Same with Lebron..."

Gibby23
10-01-2010, 03:55 PM
NO Bosh wouldn't... Sorry...

Wade and Lebron wouldn't fit with the Celtics... They both rely on handling the ball every possession something the Celtics have Rondo for. So the Celtics would never care about having any of these 3...

Their team is perfect the way it is..

Im not talking about fitting in, Im saying that any of the Heats big 3 would be the best player on the Celtics.

L@ker4Life
10-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Bosh is obviously better than Shaq today no competition and it is getting old with all the trash talk but it is accurate when talking about the premature celebrations and I think Shaq is right when he said they may look better but they don't do what Boston does. Boston has Pierce, KG and Allen as the 3 big vets who are past their primes but all will win a game. Pierce can take a game over in the 4th, KG can lock anyone down (almost) and Ray Allen will hit the shot. Rondo is a top 5 PG. Shaq and Jermaine bring 2 strong big men and Perkins brings yet anothe top notch defensive big in the game. Boston is better and I don't think Miami can beat them, in the playoffs.

I agree with everything you said except for the bolded. Bosh is better as far as being a skilled player, BUT when they face off against eachother Shaq will get the better of him everytime and that is just because of his size and strength.

I personally don't think Bosh is that good of a player. He is overhyped and overrated. I'm not being bias cause Im not a huge shaq fan and obviously hate the Celtics. Mad respect for them but as a Lakers fan I hate them. I personally believe that the C's will be in the finals this year unless injuries hold them back.

The L Train
10-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Still waiting for a quote of a Heat fan saying that Bosh is as good as Wade and Lebron...
Most of what you said in the post is irrelevant... had nothing to do with the conversation... he said Heat fans say that Bosh is on the same level as Wade/LeBron, I said find me one person that has said that... Noone has found one yet.
I didnt mention anything about him being unmotivated or strong/weak w/e...
please vent your frustration somewhere else.

Have you ever heard Wade, Lebron and Bosh referred to as 'The Big 3?'

There's no need to look for a quote, some of you guys have 'The Big 3' in your sigs, and it's something that you know Heat fans say.

Describing those three guys as 'The Big 3' implies that they are all on the same level. It's not a big three, it's like a big 2 an a half, maybe. But that's what people call them, and it implies that they're on the same level.

TheTakeOver24
10-01-2010, 04:20 PM
I agree with everything you said except for the bolded. Bosh is better as far as being a skilled player, BUT when they face off against eachother Shaq will get the better of him everytime and that is just because of his size and strength.

I personally don't think Bosh is that good of a player. He is overhyped and overrated. I'm not being bias cause Im not a huge shaq fan and obviously hate the Celtics. Mad respect for them but as a Lakers fan I hate them. I personally believe that the C's will be in the finals this year unless injuries hold them back.

Well of course, Bosh is playing out of position if he's guarding Shaq.

There's no need to look for a quote, some of you guys have 'The Big 3' in your sigs, and it's something that you know Heat fans say.

Describing those three guys as 'The Big 3' implies that they are all on the same level. It's not a big three, it's like a big 2 an a half, maybe. But that's what people call them, and it implies that they're on the same level.

Thats not what it implies. It implies that all 3 are all star players. Which is true.
No Heat fan, that I've seen, has said that Bosh is a top 5 player...

Gibby23
10-01-2010, 04:23 PM

Ray Allen and Paul Pierce were not on KG's level.

WeBallin
10-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Ray Allen and Paul Pierce were not on KG's level.

Your Wrong Ray an Paul were both at the prime of there career were team leaders of there individual team jus as KG was, Wade doesn't have any thing in common with his amigo's as he sole person with a title, Bosh couldn't get Tor in the playoffs much, an Lebron who was the NBA Savior couldn't win by himself with a supportin cast! But the Boston Big three was easily more comparable then these 3 morons talkin about practicin against eachother gonna make us better since when? lol

Evolution23
10-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Man this article is getting me pumped up for the season! I love the rivalry, the bad blood, the competition. This season is going to be so exciting!

CowboysKB24
10-01-2010, 04:50 PM
They are young in comparison to the Celtics, but Shaq is a little off on this one. It is Shaq, this is what he does. He starts stuff. Sometimes you like it sometimes you don't. Sometimes it doesn't make sense.

TheTakeOver24
10-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Your Wrong Ray an Paul were both at the prime of there career were team leaders of there individual team jus as KG was, Wade doesn't have any thing in common with his amigo's as he sole person with a title, Bosh couldn't get Tor in the playoffs much, an Lebron who was the NBA Savior couldn't win by himself with a supportin cast! But the Boston Big three was easily more comparable then these 3 morons talkin about practicin against eachother gonna make us better since when? lol

Since Pippen said the exact same thing about practicing against Jordan :facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
10-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Since Pippen said the exact same thing about practicing against Jordan :facepalm:

well to be fair, pippen had to play hard or jordan would of kicked his ***

John Walls Era
10-01-2010, 05:08 PM

:laugh: Really?

O it has nothing to do with the 3 being great players and the top of their positions or the fact that all 3 were coveted FAs (sarcasm).

This is ridiculous, I'm not even a Heat fan (I like the Bulls and Wiz), yet I'm arguing for them...

Hangtime
10-02-2010, 05:26 PM
:laugh: Really?

O it has nothing to do with the 3 being great players and the top of their positions or the fact that all 3 were coveted FAs (sarcasm).

This is ridiculous, I'm not even a Heat fan (I like the Bulls and Wiz), yet I'm arguing for them...

Yeah its ridiculous. Judging from some of these posts Chris Bosh is utterly pathetic and weak. All of a sudden his game will suffer and get worse playing with Wade and Bron. Garnett and Big Baby are going to devour him. I find this amusing.

ATX
10-02-2010, 06:31 PM

This part deserves one of the biggest face palms of all time. Bosh is a legit 5 time All Star who averaged 24 and 11 last season. He's a top PF in this league. I'm not saying a top 10 player, but top 25 yes. It is clearly a Big 3, not 2 and a half. Ludicrous....

And on a side note, just about every Heat fan I know on here respects what Boston, LA, and even Orlando brings, but we're not afraid of those teams. We think we can win, just as fans of those teams think they can win. It's just competitive nature amongst fans. They're all serious contenders. I'd even throw Dallas in there, and maybe OKC, though I think they need a few more pieces and another year or two. Hell, even Chicago has a hell of a squad.

So tired of all the hater BS, and am dying to let the play on the court do the talking.

TylerSL
10-02-2010, 06:55 PM

wow so I guess Bynum is on the same level as Kobe now using your logic :rolleyes:. But on a more serious note, you are literally one of the dumbest people to ever post on PSD :facepalm: just ban yourself already....

Heater4life
10-02-2010, 07:26 PM
the Heat suck....Chris Bosh is weak and a push over, Lebron James is clearly a product of Mo Williams, and Dwayne Wade cant win without Shaq. And the Heat becnh Eddie house, Haslem, Miller, Zeke.......scrubs! its obvious the Heat got shafted this off-season.

GRADE: D-

and the banter continues.........

TylerSL
10-02-2010, 09:47 PM
the heat suck....chris bosh is weak and a push over, lebron james is clearly a product of mo williams, and dwayne wade cant win without shaq. And the heat becnh eddie house, haslem, miller, zeke.......scrubs! Its obvious the heat got shafted this off-season.

Grade: D-

and the banter continues.........

lol

godolphins
10-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Shaq has turn into a fat slob

Rego247
10-02-2010, 10:03 PM
theres a lot of back and forth, whether or not bosh is on the same level as wade, and bron.

just let me ask heat fans this, if u had to choose one this summer would u have rather had lebron or bosh or ur team?

Heater4life
10-02-2010, 10:12 PM
theres a lot of back and forth, whether or not bosh is on the same level as wade, and bron.

just let me ask heat fans this, if u had to choose one this summer would u have rather had lebron or bosh or ur team?

Bosh in not on the same level, neither is the rest of the NBA (except kobe). Doesnt mean the guy is not a top player.

Thats like asking if you wanted Michael Jordan or Charles Barkley, we both know whos better. Doesnt discredit Charles though.

dwadefan03
10-02-2010, 10:14 PM
shaq doesnt respect bosh. and right fully so. he owns him even at his age. so he isnt completly wrong. has any one watched a game where bosh complains about shaq being in the key longer then 3 seconds ? hahahaha because he cant handle old *** shaq so he makes excuses. imagine shaq was still yonge. he would take a crap longer then bosh.

i doubt any one person could handle shaq in the paint completely by themselves, hes fricking huge.

Hero93
10-02-2010, 11:08 PM
i drafted bosh in FBB

The L Train
10-03-2010, 11:03 PM
wow so I guess Bynum is on the same level as Kobe now using your logic :rolleyes:. But on a more serious note, you are literally one of the dumbest people to ever post on PSD :facepalm: just ban yourself already....

Really?

No one talks about the Lakers Big 3. That's ridiculous.

And yeah, I know, since I don't worship at the throne of Leborn, tha makes me dumb. You've said many times that I'm stupid because I don't love the Heat, that's fine with me.

It doesn't change my point. Bosh is overrated. He is by no means a part of any Big 3. The original Big 3 was Pierce, KG and Allen, and Bosh is nowhere near as good as any of them.

Yes Bosh was a top free agent, but if we're judging players by the money they make over their talent, then I guess Allan Houston is one of the greatest players of all time.

It's been really funny to see all you Heat guys run in here and talk about how Bosh deserves to be included in the same sentence as Lebron and Wade. I can't wait to talk to you guys after the season starts...

Mplsman
10-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Shaq may eat his words on this one.

The L Train
10-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Bosh in not on the same level, neither is the rest of the NBA (except kobe). Doesnt mean the guy is not a top player.

Thats like asking if you wanted Michael Jordan or Charles Barkley, we both know whos better. Doesnt discredit Charles though.

Right.

But the point is, there IS no Miami Big 3, unless it's Lebron, Wade and Riley.

Bosh is a good player, not a great player. Big 3 is just a dumb marketing phrase, and it's getting carried away. Bosh is a guy who looked great because he was on a horrid team. He in no way deserves to be included in any Big 3.

John Walls Era
10-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Right.

But the point is, there IS no Miami Big 3, unless it's Lebron, Wade and Riley.

Bosh is a good player, not a great player. Big 3 is just a dumb marketing phrase, and it's getting carried away. Bosh is a guy who looked great because he was on a horrid team. He in no way deserves to be included in any Big 3.

Why can't people call them the Big 3? Its just a name, calm down. Bosh has played great the last 5 years and his teams made the playoffs twice. So your horrid team excuse is nullified. You must have something against Bosh; what did he do to you?

ATX
10-04-2010, 12:08 AM
Really?

No one talks about the Lakers Big 3. That's ridiculous.

And yeah, I know, since I don't worship at the throne of Leborn, tha makes me dumb. You've said many times that I'm stupid because I don't love the Heat, that's fine with me.

It doesn't change my point. Bosh is overrated. He is by no means a part of any Big 3. The original Big 3 was Pierce, KG and Allen, and Bosh is nowhere near as good as any of them.

Yes Bosh was a top free agent, but if we're judging players by the money they make over their talent, then I guess Allan Houston is one of the greatest players of all time.

It's been really funny to see all you Heat guys run in here and talk about how Bosh deserves to be included in the same sentence as Lebron and Wade. I can't wait to talk to you guys after the season starts...

OMG dude, leave this argument alone, because it's totally LOST to you. Bosh is 100% worthy of being mentioned in a big three for ANY team right now. There is no team in the NBA that would consider Bosh the second rate player you so hopelessly make him out to be...The man is a 5 time allstar...that's what we call PERENNIAL...Of his 7 years in the league. Again, may I remind you he was a 24 and 11 player last season. The facepalm that you deserve hasn't been invented yet. I truly pray that someone else takes up the torch here, because I don't have the time to prove how far off you are on this. James and Wade are the elite of the elite...Top five players in the league. No one is saying Bosh is at that level. but to disregard him as you are is naive to say the LEAST.

The L Train
10-04-2010, 12:32 AM
Why can't people call them the Big 3? Its just a name, calm down. Bosh has played great the last 5 years and his teams made the playoffs twice. So your horrid team excuse is nullified. You must have something against Bosh; what did he do to you?

Fine, it's just a name. Then every team has a big 3. Houston's Big 3 is Martin, Scola and Brooks. The Nets big 3 is Favors, Lopez and Harris.

If it's just a nickname to denote the top 3 players from each team, I think that's dumb and counterproductive to a TEAM. Teams are more than just 3 guys, and there's no benefit in pointing out the best 3 players. How do you think the other players on the roster feel?

I stand corrected. I always thought Big 3 meant 3 top tier players in the LEAGUE, not just the teams top 3 players.

aman_13
10-04-2010, 12:33 AM
you all are going to be very suprised at what you see from bosh. remember the soft gasol? remember how he changed on the lakers? you are going to see the very same thing in Miami with Bosh. That is what the HEATs culture demands

I never really considered Bosh soft, he got that rep because of his frame, and how he gets backed down from some of the bhigger pfs. Anyone who averages as many rebounds as he does and gets to the free throw line as he does should not be considered soft.

John Walls Era
10-04-2010, 12:54 AM
Fine, it's just a name. Then every team has a big 3. Houston's Big 3 is Martin, Scola and Brooks. The Nets big 3 is Favors, Lopez and Harris.

If it's just a nickname to denote the top 3 players from each team, I think that's dumb and counterproductive to a TEAM. Teams are more than just 3 guys, and there's no benefit in pointing out the best 3 players. How do you think the other players on the roster feel?

I stand corrected. I always thought Big 3 meant 3 top tier players in the LEAGUE, not just the teams top 3 players.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but if you're then theres really no need. I never heard anyone call them "The Big 3", I've only heard them being called "Miami's Big 3". So its not like people are referring to them as the best trio in the league (even though they could be).

Also MVP award must be dumb as well right? Seeing as how its a TEAM game and no 1 INDIVIDUAL should be placed better than the other players who also had an impact.

I have no problem with the BIG 3 moniker since everyone on that team knows who the best players on the team are. Also its not like the players on the team refer to Bron, Wade and Bosh as the big 3... thats what the media calls them. I have no problem with Bosh being grouped with Bron and Wade since all 3 are at the top of their positions.

sargon21
10-04-2010, 01:03 AM
btw...say what you want but in the two games they played last year Bosh averaged 21 and 13... Shaq averaged 14 and 6... and each team won a game

everything else aside... there is no doubt that Bosh is better than shaq...and Im getting tired of Shaq claiming to be better than everyone...get over it shaq...

you're delusional... 1st ever facepalm..:facepalm:

The L Train
10-04-2010, 01:12 AM
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but if you're then theres really no need. I never heard anyone call them "The Big 3", I've only heard them being called "Miami's Big 3". So its not like people are referring to them as the best trio in the league (even though they could be).

Also MVP award must be dumb as well right? Seeing as how its a TEAM game and no 1 INDIVIDUAL should be placed better than the other players who also had an impact.

I have no problem with the BIG 3 moniker since everyone on that team knows who the best players on the team are. Also its not like the players on the team refer to Bron, Wade and Bosh as the big 3... thats what the media calls them. I have no problem with Bosh being grouped with Bron and Wade since all 3 are at the top of their positions.

Ok, you've never heard them called 'The Big 3.' Fair enough, so you don't watch ESPN, that's cool.

I'm just saying, why isn't it the Big 4, with Lebron, Wade, Bosh and Miller? Those 4 are better than the other guys on the team. Or, why not the Big 5, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Miller, Chalmers(?).

All I was saying is, Chris Bosh is not a top 20 player in the league. If being a top 3 player on your team earns you the title of Big 3, then like I said, every team has a big 3, which renders the term meaningless.

John Walls Era
10-04-2010, 01:21 AM
Ok, you've never heard them called 'The Big 3.' Fair enough, so you don't watch ESPN, that's cool.

I'm just saying, why isn't it the Big 4, with Lebron, Wade, Bosh and Miller? Those 4 are better than the other guys on the team. Or, why not the Big 5, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Miller, Chalmers(?).

All I was saying is, Chris Bosh is not a top 20 player in the league. If being a top 3 player on your team earns you the title of Big 3, then like I said, every team has a big 3, which renders the term meaningless.

Hes top 5 at his position though. People are judging Bosh to harshly. Lets at least wait til the season starts.

The L Train
10-04-2010, 01:35 AM
Hes top 5 at his position though. People are judging Bosh to harshly. Lets at least wait til the season starts.

Look if he breaks out and wins the league MVP I'll eat my words, I'm open to that. But I've already seen the guy play several seasons and I just happen to believe he's overrated, especially now that he's in Miami.

John Walls Era
10-04-2010, 01:37 AM
Look if he breaks out and wins the league MVP I'll eat my words, I'm open to that. But I've already seen the guy play several seasons and I just happen to believe he's overrated, especially now that he's in Miami.

He has to win MVP? How about if he is a good teammate and does what hes suppose to do? This shows that you have a deep hatred towards him.

HiphopRelated
10-04-2010, 12:27 PM
lol @ Bosh not being a top 20 player, only on the internet

Rego247
10-04-2010, 01:00 PM
wasnt there a poll couple of days ago stating he was the 14th best player in the league something like that.

hes a talented player, hes just not on the same level as wade and lebron.

thats a fact.

HiphopRelated
10-04-2010, 01:04 PM
wasnt there a poll couple of days ago stating he was the 14th best player in the league something like that.

hes a talented player, hes just not on the same level as wade and lebron.

thats a fact.
basically....he's comfortably in the 10-15 range to me

Rego247
10-04-2010, 01:11 PM
basically....he's comfortably in the 10-15 range to me

yup that sounds about right.

i just hope hes comes to terms with the fact that he is the 3rd option on that team. because i've watched some interviews with him at camp, and hes dodging that question.

do the heat play their first preseason game tommorow?

Storch
10-04-2010, 01:21 PM

That's very true. Good point.

The L Train
10-04-2010, 03:19 PM
He has to win MVP? How about if he is a good teammate and does what hes suppose to do? This shows that you have a deep hatred towards him.

You sound like a Heat fan. If I don't think Bosh is as good as you think he is, it must mean I have 'a deep hatred towards him'. Just like if I don't think Miami will win 82 games and sweep the playoffs, I must be a hater.

I just don't think he's top 20. He's close, I'd put him around 25, but a lot of Heat fans are putting him top 10 and that's ridiculous.

mjt20mik
10-04-2010, 04:05 PM
yup that sounds about right.

i just hope hes comes to terms with the fact that he is the 3rd option on that team. because i've watched some interviews with him at camp, and hes dodging that question.

do the heat play their first preseason game tommorow?

I don't think it's that, I just think he can't accept that he was wrong (when speaking about him wanting to lead a team to win), and he won't play as big as a part as Wade and Lebron, in bringing a championship to Miami.

ShaqShoes
10-04-2010, 04:09 PM
24 and 10 doesn't go too far these days...

Iron24th
10-04-2010, 05:46 PM

100% agree.

The Prodigy
10-04-2010, 06:19 PM
You sound like a Heat fan. If I don't think Bosh is as good as you think he is, it must mean I have 'a deep hatred towards him'. Just like if I don't think Miami will win 82 games and sweep the playoffs, I must be a hater.

I just don't think he's top 20. He's close, I'd put him around 25, but a lot of Heat fans are putting him top 10 and that's ridiculous.

He's simply saying that your given him a target goal out of his reach. There is no way that he is going to win the MVP and you know that and by making that the only way you will accept his talent you must have some negative feelings towards him. Players like Gasol, D-Will and Carmello are all considered top 10 in the league and won't be able to win the MVP either, should you discredit their talent too.

cwltank
10-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Bosh is a lap dog & Lebron is a trader. I think less of Wade because he throw the rock & tried to hide. He knew all along he was not going to leave Miami. He played all those teams. Bosh is probally the 4th best powerforward in the league. Keeping it real Wade & Lebron are elite players but they want win this year.:mad:

Tony_Starks
10-04-2010, 06:25 PM
I wonder if Bosh really does play for the pink team? For Shaq to call him a "Rupaul" is a pretty big diss and he's not the first one to suggest that he taste the rainbow. If so I need to take him off my fantasy team asap!

........ not that theres anything wrong with that.........

HiphopRelated
10-04-2010, 08:33 PM

he's a lot closer to 10 than 25

Fact is you couldn't possibly list 24 players, so you just throw it out there to incite

Jah king
10-04-2010, 08:54 PM

100% right.. Shacksize is the modern day Fat Rodman

69centers
10-04-2010, 09:04 PM
How many pages can this topic go on??
:horse:

dodie53
10-04-2010, 09:08 PM
i say 17.
;)

The L Train
10-04-2010, 10:15 PM
He's simply saying that your given him a target goal out of his reach. There is no way that he is going to win the MVP and you know that and by making that the only way you will accept his talent you must have some negative feelings towards him. Players like Gasol, D-Will and Carmello are all considered top 10 in the league and won't be able to win the MVP either, should you discredit their talent too.

I was being facetious about league MVP, I know he's not gonna win that and of course that doesn't discount his talent. I was exaggerating.

Literally what I mean is, I think he's overrated, i don't think he's a top 20 player. If he plays like a top 20 player this season, I will respect that and I'll put him in my top 20, not that that means dick to anybody but me. I'm just saying, I don't have anything against him, I'm basing my opinions on his play alone.

The L Train
10-04-2010, 10:33 PM
he's a lot closer to 10 than 25

Fact is you couldn't possibly list 24 players, so you just throw it out there to incite

I couldn't possibly? You probably thought I wouldn't, so you just throw it out there to incite.

Please note this is in no particular order, just 24 players I think are at least as good and most times better than Bosh.

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Melo
Durant
Dwight
Amare
Scalabrine
Granger
Pau
Rose
Nash

CP3
KG
Dirk
Duncan
Deron
Pierce
Johnson
Gay
Roy
Rondo
Arenas
Iguodala

...just kidding about Scalabrine... just seeing if you're paying attention...

HiphopRelated
10-04-2010, 10:43 PM
I couldn't possibly? You probably thought I wouldn't, so you just throw it out there to incite.

Please note this is in no particular order, just 24 players I think are at least as good and most times better than Bosh.

Kobe
Lebron
Wade
Melo
Durant
Dwight
Amare
Scalabrine
Granger
Pau
Rose
Nash

CP3
KG
Dirk
Duncan
Deron
Pierce
Johnson
Gay
Roy
Rondo
Arenas
Iguodala

...just kidding about Scalabrine... just seeing if you're paying attention...

no to the bold, and lol @ some of the suggestions, and I'm not talking 'bout Scal

Unless Bosh is making history as a 24/11 big man that isn't top 20 in the league.

The L Train
10-04-2010, 10:53 PM
no to the bold, and lol @ some of the suggestions, and I'm not talking 'bout Scal

Unless Bosh is making history as a 24/11 big man that isn't top 20 in the league.

Dude, don't you think you're just being a homer saying Bosh is better than Amare? Everybody gets to be a homer sometimes, but you gotta admit that's the only way you can say that.

Granger is possibly top ten, I don't see how you take him out of the top 25.

And Rondo and D Rose? Not top 25 players? Nash not top 25?

HiphopRelated
10-04-2010, 11:12 PM
lol, if I valued Amare over Bosh I would have wanted Amare over Bosh..but I didn't

So Granger is top 10 now? really? The justification of that while knocking Bosh out of top 20 should be classic.

Rondo and Rose are borderline top 20.

Nash/Pierce/Johnson/Roy/Bosh are all in the same jumbled middled teens

The L Train
10-04-2010, 11:34 PM
lol, if I valued Amare over Bosh I would have wanted Amare over Bosh..but I didn't

So Granger is top 10 now? really? The justification of that while knocking Bosh out of top 20 should be classic.

Rondo and Rose are borderline top 20.

Nash/Pierce/Johnson/Roy/Bosh are all in the same jumbled middled teens

Well I totally disagree on Amare. But overall, you place Bosh a few spots higher on the list than I, but we both agree he is not top 10 and probably not top 15. I think he's being overvalued because he was a major free agent and because of the whole Big 3 hype. I think he's good, but not great.

TheWatcher34
10-05-2010, 03:06 AM
i like the trash talking...shaq lets us know what players could be talking about on the floor...imagine bosh at the free throw line and shaq throwing these lines at him...love it...good insight of words of the game :)

and at some point players who are not part of the heat have to get the **** off their chest with all the media hype around the heat. not only for psd posters, it must be annoying to them aswell i could imagine

AlandoTucker29
10-05-2010, 04:37 AM
i like the trash talking...shaq lets us know what players could be talking about on the floor...imagine bosh at the free throw line and shaq throwing these lines at him...love it...good insight of words of the game :)

and at some point players who are not part of the heat have to get the **** off their chest with all the media hype around the heat. not only for psd posters, it must be annoying to them aswell i could imagine

No one has to throw lines at Shaq to get him off his free throw game. Just saying.

lavilevi23
10-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Let the fatass talk...

lavilevi23
10-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Bosh over Amare any day. There is only 1 thing that Amare can do better which is dunking. Other than that Bosh is better at any aspect of the game.

CrotchetyOldMan
10-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Is there really ANY reason TO think highly of Bosh? He's done nothing at all...He was never even good enough to get to the playoffs...Everyone talks about him like he's a superstar, but superstar's take even terrible teams into the playoffs...He's probably one of the most overrated players ever...So why is Shaq even talking about him?

jezzyman05
10-05-2010, 11:43 AM

took the words right out of my mouth

TheWatcher34
10-05-2010, 11:47 AM
No one has to throw lines at Shaq to get him off his free throw game. Just saying.

getting him off his ft game?? he's never had one as far as i can rmember.