PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony Thread: All non-news threads merged here - Part IV

JordansBulls
09-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Part I (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523924)
Part II (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526098)
Part III (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533299)

VinceCarter
09-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Meloooooodrama.

Mudvayne91
09-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Goodness, part 4 now. I really wish he was a net so my team can start rebuilding.

sixers247
09-30-2010, 04:13 PM
re we just gonna keep making new threads if he doesn't get traded at all until he becomes a free agent? This is ridiculous.

ShaqShoes
09-30-2010, 04:20 PM
:yawn:

Khalifa21
09-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Post #2,897... Wow.

jrm2054
09-30-2010, 05:27 PM
i hope he gets traded soon im sick of checking to see if he is still a nugg and im tired of everyone trying say he is going to there team and using the stupidest arguments in the world as to why.

NYK_kidd77
09-30-2010, 06:18 PM
How many threads did Lebron get?

Giaps
09-30-2010, 06:19 PM
I just want the season to start!!!!! Screw these trade rumors

godolphins
09-30-2010, 06:31 PM
This reminds me of Kobe situation.

DenButsu
09-30-2010, 06:33 PM
Just in case you missed it ('cause I know you wanna read it :rolleyes: ), my latest blog on Melo:

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/blog.php?b=894

-----------------------

A couple tweets:

dempseypost Chris Dempsey

Melo said the talk with Karl was 'cool,' but nothing was resolved.

KBerg_CBS Ken Berger

One exec describes break in trade talks with #Nuggets as "a 20-second timeout." Things are still a mess there.

Katspinal1313
09-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Meloooooodrama.

LOL exactly.... Dear Lord, please send me D. Favors and 85 draft picks for our face of the franchise, RAmen

VinceCarter
09-30-2010, 07:37 PM
LOL exactly.... Dear Lord, please send me D. Favors and 85 draft picks for our face of the franchise, RAmen

Talk about a win win for both teams if that went down. Favors is looking good. And he's 19 which is ridiculous.

oak2455
09-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Talk about a win win for both teams if that went down. Favors is looking good. And he's 19 which is ridiculous.

where in layup drills:confused: hasnt played a real minute yet...wow

$KnicksAndKobe$
10-01-2010, 12:05 AM
where in layup drills:confused: hasnt played a real minute yet...wow

It's gotta be the muscles

oak2455
10-01-2010, 12:27 AM

or the new uniform:confused:

NYYCowboys
10-01-2010, 12:28 AM

He wears the hell outta those new tight fitting jerseys :drool:

Kashmir13579
10-01-2010, 12:42 AM

exactly, he's all hype. he could be great, he could be a bust.

JordansBulls
10-01-2010, 01:49 PM
or the new uniform:confused:

:cry:

oak2455
10-01-2010, 02:16 PM
:cry:

Why upset?? BTW looks like the Bulls or the Knicks for Melo who's gonna flinch first??:eyebrow:

VinceCarter
10-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Why upset?? BTW looks like the Bulls or the Knicks for Melo who's gonna flinch first??:eyebrow:

The Nuggets think otherwise. :eyebrow:

oak2455
10-01-2010, 03:30 PM
The Nuggets think otherwise. :eyebrow:

Nuggets can think all they want, Its up to Melo.....you'll see:D

VinceCarter
10-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Nuggets can think all they want, Its up to Melo.....you'll see:D

Well ultimately if the Nuggets don't give in to Melo. Then it's either a team he doesn't REALLY want to go to or losing millions of dollars signing this summer with the new CBA coming.

oak2455
10-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Well ultimately if the Nuggets don't give in to Melo. Then it's either a team he doesn't REALLY want to go to or losing millions of dollars signing this summer with the new CBA coming.

wheres the FACTS that says the new cba will have players lose Millions?? Facts not speculation by beat writers....going forward looks like Melo is running the show, and has a destination in mind:eyebrow: Other wise that deal or something similar would have been done already and Melo would have been a Net:D

VinceCarter
10-01-2010, 03:46 PM
wheres the FACTS that says the new cba will have players lose Millions?? Facts not speculation by beat writers....going forward looks like Melo is running the show, and has a destination in mind:eyebrow: Other wise that deal or something similar would have been done already and Melo would have been a Net:D

Not at all. If you followed anything you'd know that on one of the days before the Nets called it off (because they set a deadline so they wouldn't be distracted going into the preseason) the Nuggets tried to get the Nets to take on KMart or JR.

The Nuggets prevented this deal from going through because they got greedy and wanted to unload contracts onto the Nets. But once the Nuggets start fielding offers again the Nets will listen and throw them something....they're not out of it just because they called it off in the first place.

oak2455
10-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Not at all. If you followed anything you'd know that on one of the days before the Nets called it off (because they set a deadline so they wouldn't be distracted going into the preseason) the Nuggets tried to get the Nets to take on KMart or JR.

The Nuggets prevented this deal from going through because they got greedy and wanted to unload contracts onto the Nets. But once the Nuggets start fielding offers again the Nets will listen and throw them something....they're not out of it just because they called it off in the first place.

You'll think he'll be a Net I think he'll be a Knick so we shall see, time will tell:D

Katspinal1313
10-01-2010, 05:16 PM

If Melo was running the show he'd already be a Knick, he isnt so we know he's not.

Everyone says Denver has no leverage but thats not true, Melo obviously wants his extention but he also wants his big market. With Chicago and the Nets bidding the Knicks stand a good chance of missing out on him. So just because your #1 on the wish list doesn't make u #1 on the probable destination list. And D. Favors(his potential) is way more attractive than any package I can think of coming from the Knicks.

oak2455
10-01-2010, 05:33 PM
If Melo was running the show he'd already be a Knick, he isnt so we know he's not.

Everyone says Denver has no leverage but thats not true, Melo obviously wants his extention but he also wants his big market. With Chicago and the Nets bidding the Knicks stand a good chance of missing out on him. So just because your #1 on the wish list doesn't make u #1 on the probable destination list. And D. Favors(his potential) is way more attractive than any package I can think of coming from the Knicks.

well guess you know, if your right why isnt he a Net or Bull?:rolleyes:

VinceCarter
10-01-2010, 05:37 PM
well guess you know, if your right why isnt he a Net or Bull?:rolleyes:

Because of the Nuggets. :facepalm:

oak2455
10-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Because of the Nuggets. :facepalm:

hope that facepalm is for the Nuggets........going forward dont be surprised if the Knicks sneak in:eyebrow:

JordansBulls
10-01-2010, 06:40 PM
http://twitter.com/nuggetsnews/status/26115301787

Carmelo Anthony was booed by fans while attending a WEC event near Denver.

"First time in my life I've been booed," Anthony said Friday.

DenButsu
10-01-2010, 07:46 PM
http://twitter.com/nuggetsnews/status/26115301787

He better get used to it. There will be more where that came from.

JordansBulls
10-03-2010, 10:51 AM
He better get used to it. There will be more where that came from.

Will he booed at all Nuggets games?

DenButsu
10-03-2010, 11:49 AM
Will he booed at all Nuggets games?

I don't know for sure. But I expect so. The Nuggets' franchise player is turning his back on and abandoning the city that was loyal to him his entire career (despite all the bull**** he pulled during that time). So probably.

ShaqShoes
10-03-2010, 03:22 PM
What is the latest? Or is it still :cricket:

Hustla23
10-03-2010, 03:44 PM
I don't understand why the Nets would even want to trade for the guy.

They'd be compromising their future for continuous second round exits.

The smart thing to do would be to develop that beastly front court of Lopez and Favors and use all those picks to build a team solely from the draft with key signings of young players here and there.

Within the next 5-7 years, they could build a true contender that would last for a long time.

VinceCarter
10-03-2010, 04:13 PM
I don't understand why the Nets would even want to trade for the guy.

They'd be compromising their future for continuous second round exits.

The smart thing to do would be to develop that beastly front court of Lopez and Favors and use all those picks to build a team solely from the draft with key signings of young players here and there.

Within the next 5-7 years, they could build a true contender that would last for a long time.

That would be great to watch but It's going to be hard to come across a superstar like this and unless the Nets turn into the 2004 Pistons they're not winning a championship without a superstar (unless Favors devlops to his full potential).

It's a tough situation and the new owner seems to want things to happen quick.

Hustla23
10-03-2010, 04:59 PM
That would be great to watch but It's going to be hard to come across a superstar like this and unless the Nets turn into the 2004 Pistons they're not winning a championship without a superstar (unless Favors devlops to his full potential).

It's a tough situation and the new owner seems to want things to happen quick.
I think you're under the impression that Melo is some sort of superstar. He is not.

If we were talking about Lebron, Wade, or even Roy, i.e. some player of that caliber, it would be a totally different story.

It's not hard to find players who can do nothing but score.

If Melo couldn't win with one of the most elite point guards in the game (Billups) as well as great big men like Nene and K-mart with solid role players such as Smith, Lawson, Anderson, etc. what would make anyone imagine that he could achieve success with the Nets, a lesser team?

But I agree that it would make business sense, and that might outweigh what makes sense basketball-wise.

THE GIPPER
10-03-2010, 05:24 PM
I think you're under the impression that Melo is some sort of superstar. He is not.

If we were talking about Lebron, Wade, or even Roy, i.e. some player of that caliber, it would be a totally different story.

If Melo couldn't win with one of the most elite point guards in the game (Billups) as well as great big men like Nene and K-mart with solid role players such as Smith, Lawson, Anderson, etc. what would make anyone imagine that he could achieve success with the Nets, a lesser team?

But I agree that it would make business sense, and that might outweigh what makes sense basketball-wise.

carmelo anthony is much better than brandon roy.

J4KOP99
10-03-2010, 06:47 PM

I really hope you're joking. Earlier in your post you claimed that Brandon Roy was on another level, an even higher level, than Carmelo Anthony? That's a complete joke, Anthony is one of the best in the game, right behind LeBron, Kobe, Wade and MAYBE a couple others... either way he is on that next tier below the previous 3 names.

Now for the bolded part...

Billups WAS elite. He was very good on the Pistons but when he came to denver, he was starting to decline. Also, the style in which George Karl coaches his team is a much more offensive style. They rarely pay any attention to defense. Look at them on paper(as you are doing) and they seem to be great, maybe even the best... but the team is one full of selfish players. This is not only Anthony's fault. You name K-Mart and Nene as if they are ever even healthy. Andersen is just a lengthy player who can block people and he is terrible on offense. Smith is the streakiest player in the game... and possibly the most selfish. He needs the ball to contribute.

I can't believe you are saying that since Carmelo Anthony didn't accomplish more with his team of mostly me-first, no defense playing, players you are downgrading his level of talent.

I was talking to you earlier about trading Danilo Gallinari and Anthony Randolph for Carmelo Anthony and you said you wouldn't do it. You have to get off whatever you are smoking and see the light.

--Also, Avery Johnson and the Nets play a completely different style than the current Nuggets play. Much more defensive oriented. You're being foolish.

DenButsu
10-03-2010, 07:34 PM
What is the latest? Or is it still :cricket:

The latter, with the exception of Melo saying it's "50-50" that he'll still be a Nugget on opening night. Nothing concrete, though.

Hustla23
10-03-2010, 07:59 PM
I really hope you're joking. Earlier in your post you claimed that Brandon Roy was on another level, an even higher level, than Carmelo Anthony? That's a complete joke, Anthony is one of the best in the game, right behind LeBron, Kobe, Wade and MAYBE a couple others... either way he is on that next tier below the previous 3 names.

Now for the bolded part...

Billups WAS elite. He was very good on the Pistons but when he came to denver, he was starting to decline. Also, the style in which George Karl coaches his team is a much more offensive style. They rarely pay any attention to defense. Look at them on paper(as you are doing) and they seem to be great, maybe even the best... but the team is one full of selfish players. This is not only Anthony's fault. You name K-Mart and Nene as if they are ever even healthy. Andersen is just a lengthy player who can block people and he is terrible on offense. Smith is the streakiest player in the game... and possibly the most selfish. He needs the ball to contribute.

I can't believe you are saying that since Carmelo Anthony didn't accomplish more with his team of mostly me-first, no defense playing, players you are downgrading his level of talent.

I was talking to you earlier about trading Danilo Gallinari and Anthony Randolph for Carmelo Anthony and you said you wouldn't do it. You have to get off whatever you are smoking and see the light.

--Also, Avery Johnson and the Nets play a completely different style than the current Nuggets play. Much more defensive oriented. You're being foolish.
Please check the "Is Carmelo Anthony a top 7 player in the league" thread where you'll find numerous explanations for why Anthony is not some amazing superstar in the same tier as Lebron, Wade, and company.

He is not nearly efficient enough offensively to warrant that sort of status. Comparing their offensive win shares, one can see that Roy is clearly ahead of Anthony.

Billups is still elite. He's had offensive win share totals of nearly 8 each of the last two seasons. That is some elite level production.

VinceCarter
10-03-2010, 08:01 PM
The latter, with the exception of Melo saying it's "50-50" that he'll still be a Nugget on opening night. Nothing concrete, though.

Wow, I didn't know he said that. Damn I really don't want the Nets to pass up on this chance but I REALLY don't want to trade Favors....I want to see what this team can become. :sigh:

DenButsu
10-03-2010, 08:21 PM
While the Nuggets continue to ponder possibilities, Carmelo Anthony hasn't yet been traded. Asked Saturday if he thinks he'll be a Nugget come opening night, Melo said: "I don't know, man. I don't know. I'm taking it day by day. It's possible that I will be here opening night."

Then he was asked, "So does that mean it's possible that you won't be?"

"Possible means 50-50," Anthony said. "As long as I'm here, I'm going to lead this team."

Overall, he has tried not to stir the pot with revealing quotes, but Anthony has at least been accommodating to the media this camp, unlike the summer, when he repeatedly turned down interview requests. He has been practicing hard and seemingly enjoying camp thus far.

In regards to who has the upper hand in discussions of his future, Anthony admitted: "I have some say-so, some leverage. But right now, I'm loving basketball, being here in the gym, working out, playing, having fun, talking trash to the guys, that's what keeps me going. . . . Whatever decision I make is for me and my family, nothing else. It doesn't have anything to do with me not liking the team or anything like that. . . .

"Everybody has an opinion, everybody's been calling and wondering what I'm going to do. It's funny to me."

Anthony is coming off arguably his best regular season, in which he averaged 28.2 points per game (third in the NBA) and made the all-NBA second-team. Sources have repeatedly said Melo wants out of Denver. His contract is up at the end of the season, and he hasn't signed Denver's extension offer. Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_16239047)

JordansBulls
10-04-2010, 08:43 AM
I think it would be tough now for the Bulls to trade for Melo with Boozer out.

Khalifa21
10-04-2010, 08:55 AM
I think it would be tough now for the Bulls to trade for Melo with Boozer out.

Add that to the fact Noah is now off the table after his contract extension and the Bulls look completely out of the running now...

JordansBulls
10-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Add that to the fact Noah is now off the table after his contract extension and the Bulls look completely out of the running now...

I think we still could have traded him, but now if we traded Noah/Deng for Melo or Noah/Gibson and filler we would be left with Kurt Thomas and Asik as our only bigs until Boozer got back.
You can survive if you have a top 3 player in the league who is efficient as hell, but not with what we have.

oak2455
10-04-2010, 11:30 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...#ixzz11O3s3y5D

Carmelo Anthony made a revealing comment while talking about the relationship between successful marketing and winning.

"As far as marketing, it comes from winning. If I ain't winning, then nobody wants me to market their product," Anthony said.

Then he was asked why he would want to play for the Nets, a team that won just 12 games last season.

"I never said I want to play for the Nets," he said.
:D

Robbw241
10-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Thats surprising. I can't believe a player contracted to the Nuggets wouldn't say he wants to play for another team. :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Giaps
10-04-2010, 12:21 PM
I wouldn't read into the comments too much. He is just saying that he never said that because the reporter was putting words in his mouth... he never said he would NOT play for the Nets... he didn't say he would play for the Knicks, Bulls etc. either.

VinceCarter
10-04-2010, 11:21 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...#ixzz11O3s3y5D

Carmelo Anthony made a revealing comment while talking about the relationship between successful marketing and winning.

"As far as marketing, it comes from winning. If I ain't winning, then nobody wants me to market their product," Anthony said.

Then he was asked why he would want to play for the Nets, a team that won just 12 games last season.

"I never said I want to play for the Nets," he said.
:D

You say it like it means something.

oak2455
10-04-2010, 11:46 PM

we'll see sooner or later..........no one knows:D

JordansBulls
10-05-2010, 07:20 AM

What do you mean?

metsbulls1025
10-05-2010, 07:46 AM
I think we still could have traded him, but now if we traded Noah/Deng for Melo or Noah/Gibson and filler we would be left with Kurt Thomas and Asik as our only bigs until Boozer got back.
You can survive if you have a top 3 player in the league who is efficient as hell, but not with what we have.

Taj Gibson, Luol Deng, and James Johnson for Melo still works, but I don't know if Noahs new contract will effect that any since it hasn't been updated on the machine. We would have to throw in 2-3 first round picks, but that offer with the picks have been our offer the whole time. I still think if everything falls apart and Denver came back and said we will do that deal we would accept even with Boozer out. We would just go find a cheap PF and go from there.

Khalifa21
10-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Taj Gibson, Luol Deng, and James Johnson for Melo still works, but I don't know if Noahs new contract will effect that any since it hasn't been updated on the machine. We would have to throw in 2-3 first round picks, but that offer with the picks have been our offer the whole time. I still think if everything falls apart and Denver came back and said we will do that deal we would accept even with Boozer out. We would just go find a cheap PF and go from there.

It still works but it's an awful deal... The Nuggets have zero interest in any of those players, Noah was the key if the Bulls were gonna land Melo and with him off the table a deal between the Nuggets and Bulls looks incredibly unlikely...

metsbulls1025
10-05-2010, 08:09 AM
It still works but it's an awful deal... The Nuggets have zero interest in any of those players, Noah was the key if the Bulls were gonna land Melo and with him off the table a deal between the Nuggets and Bulls looks incredibly unlikely...

I know. We never offered Noah. Our offer is the one I stated and I just reported that it still works.

NYKjayBalla
10-05-2010, 09:32 AM
To be honest the time to look out for Melo being traded most is between now and either Denver or NY's home opener at the latest then look for talks to cool if the knicks or Nuggets come out slow look for talks to heat up again if not they will stay cool until mid december (unless the knicks are on fire and i mean top 5 in the east which i doubt) when the signed players and those involved in d. lee trade are eligible and if not then once more around the deadline again if the knicks are not doing well enough (if they're looking like they'll miss the playoffs) otherwise i dont see a trade happening at all because nobody will be desperate enough to push for it or accept less BUT if the knicks are doing VERY well and the Nuggets VERY poorly look for the knicks to have a steal if a trade should go down due to the very real possibility of him leaving anyway. unless he gets traded to another team as a loaner.

oak2455
10-05-2010, 07:36 PM
:yawn::yawn::yawn:anything new besides nothing:cricket::cricket::cricket::cricket::

DenButsu
10-05-2010, 08:42 PM
What do you mean?

I think he means that it would be incorrect to assume that that statement ("I never said I want to play for the Nets") necessarily means that Melo wouldn't play for the Nets. That some people are probably reading too much into it. I'd agree with that much. I mean, the fact of the matter is that Melo has never said (publicly, at least) that he would play for any team other than the Nuggets.

Forbo
10-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Nets are 2-0 now

oak2455
10-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Nets are 2-0 now

preseason wow:)

NYK_kidd77
10-05-2010, 10:47 PM
Nets are 2-0 now

I remember last year the Knicks looks pretty good in preseason but well you know the ending results lol.

arkanian215
10-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Nets are 2-0 now

The competition has been poor.

mully
10-05-2010, 11:09 PM
Nets are 2-0 now

It means nothing. I still don't see why He would want to go to the Nets

JordansBulls
10-06-2010, 06:51 PM

How many teams go 8-0 in preseason?

arkanian215
10-06-2010, 06:58 PM
How many teams go 8-0 in preseason?

Once between 01 and 06 (Pistons 02-03).
New Orleans 08-09, Magic 09-10.

VinceCarter
10-06-2010, 07:31 PM

Since the damn game wasn't televised I can't say for sure but Philly SHOULD be "good competition". I noticed AI only scored 4 points in like 20+ minutes though so I wonder why that was.

DenButsu
10-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Nuggets' lack of sacrifice hurting potential Melo trade
By Ken Berger

The Nuggets continue to aggressively seek trade proposals for Carmelo Anthony, but are finding the market to be limited based on the extensive haul of assets they are trying to get in return, multiple sources told CBSSports.com.

The challenge for the Nuggets, sources say, has been finding a replacement for Andrei Kirilenko in a multi-team deal that in all likelihood would still have Anthony going to New Jersey. Even after a four-team deal also involving Utah and Charlotte went dormant last week, the Nets are "still the team that has the assets and is the most motivated," according to one person connected to the talks. But while the Nuggets remain "very actively" engaged in trade talks during what one source described as "the calm before the storm," finding trade partners able to furnish what Denver is looking for -- an established player, a young player, first-round picks, and cap relief -- has proved to be a major challenge.

"They're still banging away at this," said one of the people with knowledge of the discussions. "But the well has dried up a little bit."

The four-team deal involving the Bobcats and Jazz, in which New Jersey was sending No. 3 pick Derrick Favors and two first-round picks to Denver, died partly because the Nuggets were intent on trying to squeeze additional assets out of the trade and also because Denver officials were shopping the proposal around in pursuit of a better deal. Additionally, Kirilenko wound up being what one person involved in the process termed "a deal-breaker" due to strong signals that the Russian swingman was not interested in playing in Denver and was cold to the idea of signing an extension there.

Why the Nuggets wouldn't have been content to simply let Kirilenko's $17.8 million expiring contract drop off their books after the season points to another key impediment to Denver making a deal for Anthony. In addition to a high level of concern among Denver front office officials to be regarded by their peers as having extracted top value for Anthony, sources say the Nuggets are holding fast to the notion of trading Anthony while remaining a playoff-contending team. This is a notion that rival executives believe the Nuggets will have to sacrifice if they hope to satisfy Anthony's request for a trade.

"I think they have their marching orders from him that he's gone," one executive familiar with the situation sad. "To call his bluff, that's a scary proposition."

One way to up the ante, another executive said, would be for the Nuggets to sweeten their offer by agreeing to part with veteran point guard Chauncey Billups. Sources believe such a concession would be more than enough to reignite the Bobcats' interest in participating in the deal; Charlotte coach Larry Brown is said to be "freaking out" over his lack of a point guard, according to a source. Billups played for Brown in Detroit, leading the Pistons to the 2004 NBA title as the Finals MVP. Thus far, however, the Nuggets have displayed very little interest in trading Billups, a move that would be a sure signal to their fans that a major rebuilding project is under way.

Despite that obstacle, the Nuggets have escalated their efforts to shop other teams' players around the league in an effort to see what assets could be received for them after acquiring them in an Anthony trade. Denver has explored such an avenue for the Clippers' Chris Kaman, the Bulls' Luol Deng, the Nets' Devin Harris and the Bobcats' Gerald Wallace, sources say. After extending center Joakim Noah's contract, however, the Bulls remain a long shot to enter into the Melo equation. The Bobcats continue to be reluctant to trade Wallace unless they're getting Anthony, who wouldn't sign an extension in Charlotte.

Kaman was discussed in a Melo swap about a month ago, sources say, but the discussions died quickly when it became evident that the Nuggets wanted Eric Gordon in addition to one of the most valuable first-round picks in the league -- Minnesota's pick, which is top-10 protected in 2011 and unprotected in '12. Given that they have Nene, the Nuggets didn't value Kaman beyond his contract as a tool to make the deal work under league trade rules; Kaman makes $11.8 million this season and $12.7 million in '11-12. The Clippers, sources say, would favor a deal that does not include Kaman -- particularly since keeping him would enhance Anthony's belief that he would be part of a top-tier team in the West with a core of Kaman, Baron Davis, Blake Griffin and himself. The wild card in that scenario is Anthony's affinity for Los Angeles, which is shared by his wife, actress La La Vasquez.

As previously reported, among the other established players Denver has targeted as having decent replacement value for Anthony are Anderson Varejao and Andre Iguodala. The chances of Anthony signing an extension with Cleveland are "zippo," according to one source who said you can "scratch Varejao off the list." Several weeks ago, the Nuggets asked the Sixers about acquiring Iguodala in a deal that would send Anthony to New Jersey, but the proposal was rejected. Currently, there is "nothing happening" with the Sixers on that front, according to a source.

Another team that could emerge as a facilitator in an Anthony trade is the Pistons. Sources say the Nuggets inquired several weeks ago about the availability of Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince -- with a particular emphasis on Prince, whose $11.1 million contract is expiring and would provide a cost-cutting tool for the Nuggets. At the time, Pistons president Joe Dumars quickly dismissed the invitation. But sources say there's a chance Detroit's posture could change with reports this week that the team will be sold to Tigers and Red Wings owner Mike Ilitch.

The Knicks, Anthony's first choice, continue to make efforts to be part of a new framework for a Melo trade and have laid the groundwork to acquire a first-round pick that would be necessary to make them a serious contender. But the Knicks are limited in the other assets they possess, and also know they could be the biggest winners of all in the Melo sweepstakes if they have patience. If Denver is unable to trade Anthony by the February deadline, he'd be headed to New York as a free agent -- although after a potential lockout, and probably at a lower price tag than the three-year, $65 million extension he can get under the current collective bargaining agreement.

That's a pretty big risk in a high-stakes game that gets more complicated by the day. CBS (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14087362/nuggets-lack-of-sacrifice-hurting-potential-melo-trade)

VinceCarter
10-06-2010, 09:50 PM
CBS (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14087362/nuggets-lack-of-sacrifice-hurting-potential-melo-trade)

If they don't lighten their stance soon I see the Nets becoming less likely to include Favors in a deal. The more he plays the more the coaches seem to be loving him and the more he will probably impress. If I were the Nuggets if I could get Favors and just a little bit more I'd be jumping all over that.

oak2455
10-07-2010, 10:57 AM
CBS (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/14087362/nuggets-lack-of-sacrifice-hurting-potential-melo-trade)

as this goes longer and longer I do believe it favors the Knicks:D

JordansBulls
10-07-2010, 11:53 AM

Man if Boozer didn't get hurt I think we would have gone after him.

bryan71023
10-07-2010, 02:40 PM

Plus Noah signed a extension so the deal with the Bulls won't happen, because the Nuggets aren't interested in just Deng, Gibson, and Johnson. They wanted Noah in the deal and now they will back off the deal. I'm pretty sure for the Nets they don't have to offer Harris anymore, maybe Favors and 2 picks plus other players to match up the salaries. The only way the Knicks could have a chance is if they offer Randolph, Gallo, and Chandler in the deal, but no way in hell the Knicks would give up those three young players. In the end, the Nets have the best offer and the longer Nuggets wait, Carmelo Anthony's trade value will decrease and a team like the Nets can probably still Melo by giving up something less then Favors.

kblo247
10-07-2010, 02:46 PM
It will never happen,but I wouldn't be opposed to LA exploring Bynum, Ebanks, and Sasha's expiring for Melo.

DenButsu
10-07-2010, 06:30 PM

Why? Wouldn't it make more sense for them to go after Melo harder because Boozer's hurt?

Gators123
10-07-2010, 07:43 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Denver scout Mike Bratz is courtside for Nets-Celtics game in Newark. His eyes stayed on Derrick Favors, who has played 5 scoreless minutes.

Gators123
10-07-2010, 07:56 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Despite Denver scouting Favors, sources say no new movement on a possible deal for Carmelo Anthony. However,Nets remain determined to try.

RipCity32
10-07-2010, 08:37 PM
rumor has it denver is trying to make a deal for prince and hamilton(hoopshype):confused:

DenButsu
10-07-2010, 09:17 PM
rumor has it denver is trying to make a deal for prince and hamilton(hoopshype):confused:

I'd assume it would be either one or the other, as a way to send Harris to a 3rd team.

LEGENDARYTURK
10-07-2010, 09:37 PM
i dont know why we go back and forth with all this debating, carmelo does NOT want the nets, if a team wants to rent him for a season they can. there is no ned for pages and pages of my team this, your team that, if denver accepts a deal to NY then carmelo will accept, otherwise stop wasting your time, all you people are just running around in circles.

IBleedPurple
10-07-2010, 10:55 PM
i dont know why we go back and forth with all this debating, carmelo does NOT want the nets, if a team wants to rent him for a season they can. there is no ned for pages and pages of my team this, your team that, if denver accepts a deal to NY then carmelo will accept, otherwise stop wasting your time, all you people are just running around in circles.

I apoligize for everyone not looking to you for information, instead of much more informed sources who are closer to the situation than you could ever sniff. Knicks are not the only team, get over yourself.

DenButsu
10-07-2010, 11:06 PM
all you people are just running around in circles.

this is great news!!! think about it!! why in the world would he ant to practice with EDDY out of all these other players?? that is a huge sign, MARK MY WORD...Lebron goes to nets or knics, not chicago, also watch draft tonight , if nets get wall, then uh oh

Okay. Consider your words marked.

JordansBulls
10-08-2010, 11:01 AM

Why would they do that?

Gators123
10-08-2010, 11:10 AM
Why would they do that?

That Rip rumor was from a couple weeks ago but I've read a few time that Denver is interested in Tayshauns 11 mil expiring.

oak2455
10-08-2010, 11:15 AM
More Melo blah blah blah.......plus Wojo on twitter hes a homer Nets fan...but who really cares this looks like its either going to happen in a few weeks or Trade deadline or end of season sign and trade...hows that:p

arkanian215
10-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Sweet I was assuming he was a Nets fan all this time. He has had very favorable articles of us the past two years. I didn't know he existed before last year.

DreamShaker
10-08-2010, 01:13 PM
I just saw Melo for a few minutes on some show about his wedding. Wow he is a pansy.

oak2455
10-08-2010, 01:27 PM
WTF........this is getting funnier by the day:D I predict he will be a .................... stay tuned:)

godolphins
10-08-2010, 03:46 PM
I have a feeling he will not be traded amd he'll sign his extension this seasom.

Mudvayne91
10-08-2010, 04:03 PM
I have a feeling he will not be traded amd he'll sign his extension this seasom.

I hope you're right, but I really don't think you are. I'd love to be proved wrong though.

oak2455
10-08-2010, 04:06 PM

Thats a pipe dream,if that was the case wouldve been done already like months ago.......hes going to be traded or just wait and be the free agent that maybe he desires to be:) He's defiantly not resigning unless its a sign and trade:)

Giaps
10-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Sources tell me Carmelo may or may not be traded.

Stay tuned.

DenButsu
10-08-2010, 08:49 PM
Sources tell me Carmelo may or may not be traded.

Stay tuned.

Oh yeah? My sources tell me he won't play a single regular season game as a Nugget. :p

JordansBulls
10-08-2010, 11:53 PM
Would you even want Melo to stay around if he will leave next year? I think of the Cavs situation last summer or the Magic summer in 1996 when Lebron and Shaq left and those teams got nothing in return.

DenButsu
10-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Would you even want Melo to stay around if he will leave next year? I think of the Cavs situation last summer or the Magic summer in 1996 when Lebron and Shaq left and those teams got nothing in return.

No, he's gone for sure. I want to get the best trade package possible. And no use in delaying the rebuilding process by keeping him around for a lame duck year.

JordansBulls
10-09-2010, 07:48 AM
No, he's gone for sure. I want to get the best trade package possible. And no use in delaying the rebuilding process by keeping him around for a lame duck year.

So the best trade is now instead of during the season. When is the last day he can sign a contract extension? Is it Oct 31?

DenButsu
10-09-2010, 08:10 AM
So the best trade is now instead of during the season.
Definitely, yeah.

When is the last day he can sign a contract extension? Is it Oct 31?

Actually, he can sign the extension anytime up to the time when the current CBA expires, if my understanding is correct. Only thing is, he won't sign one to play for the Nuggets, which means the real deadline for them is the trade deadline if they want to get anything.

JordansBulls
10-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Definitely, yeah.

Actually, he can sign the extension anytime up to the time when the current CBA expires, if my understanding is correct. Only thing is, he won't sign one to play for the Nuggets, which means the real deadline for them is the trade deadline if they want to get anything.

So you mean he can sign an extension in February if he got traded?

LEGENDARYTURK
10-09-2010, 06:50 PM
denver replaced carmelo with harrington bhahaha, they should now be called the Chicken Nuggets

LEGENDARYTURK
10-09-2010, 06:54 PM
knicks gift to the chicken nuggets- harrington and balkman , i think they owe us carmelo for walker , curry, and 2 second round picks for such great gifts, they could build their franchise around those two

DMasta718
10-09-2010, 07:52 PM
What are you talking about?

IBleedPurple
10-09-2010, 08:32 PM
knicks gift to the chicken nuggets- harrington and balkman , i think they owe us carmelo for walker , curry, and 2 second round picks for such great gifts, they could build their franchise around those two

Can I ask you an honest question, not being a **** or anything......but how old are you?

VinceCarter
10-09-2010, 08:33 PM
If Denver trades Melo now then they basically speed up the rebuilding process by two years.

They'll get one good young player plus a lottery pick this year if they trade him now. That's 2 new young rebuilding players for next year whereas if they keep him the whole year they have 0.

netsgiantsyanks
10-09-2010, 08:38 PM
:laugh: the chicken nuggets, but hey, chicken nuggets are good ;) lets see if anyone catches that one

netsgiantsyanks
10-09-2010, 08:39 PM

and hey, you shouldnt be talking. your a knicks fan.

Chill_Will_24
10-09-2010, 09:06 PM
I think people got this all wrong all along. People were focusing on where Melo would go and CP3 likely would follow... But how about where CP3 lands and Melo would likely wanna be also???

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2010/10/09/2010-10-09_new_orleans_hornet_instability_could_bring_chri s_paul_to_knicks_or_nets.html

this ownership crisis in NO doesn't guarantee that they will trade Paul but it seems more likely now. If NY somehow gets Paul there is no question Melo would sure be signing there. If NJ gets Paul it will become Amare or CP3 in Melos mind... And idk buy imo CP3>>>>>>>>Amare

LEGENDARYTURK
10-09-2010, 09:15 PM
damnn guys, lets chill out, i was just kidding, dont take these forums so seriously, i read "chicken nuggets" in some column and thought it was pretty funny, calm ur bal*s,

Forbo
10-09-2010, 09:28 PM
I just wish Carmelo would have signed the extension, because now he suddenly turns into the next Knick player. Because every free agent wants to go to NY and play with AMARE and get ENDORSMENT deals. Did any Knick fan get there Anthony Knick Jersey's yet? The toast at the wedding pretty much was the most talked about topic on Knick forums for like a month. No player went there this summer except for Amare because he got the most money from them. Once Melo goes somewhere else it will suddenly be CP3 because every free agent for the next 10 years wants to play in the garden and get endorsment deals and play with the next Hall of Famer Anthony Randolph and the next huge all star Danillo!

VinceCarter
10-09-2010, 09:40 PM
I just wish Carmelo would have signed the extension, because now he suddenly turns into the next Knick player. Because every free agent wants to go to NY and play with AMARE and get ENDORSMENT deals. Did any Knick fan get there Anthony Knick Jersey's yet? The toast at the wedding pretty much was the most talked about topic on Knick forums for like a month. No player went there this summer except for Amare because he got the most money from them. Once Melo goes somewhere else it will suddenly be CP3 because every free agent for the next 10 years wants to play in the garden and get endorsment deals and play with the next Hall of Famer Anthony Randolph and the next huge all star Danillo!

:laugh2: Hereeeee we go.

Chill_Will_24
10-09-2010, 09:50 PM
:laugh2: Hereeeee we go.

Lol I knooow! Here come all the butt hurt Knick fans... "Lebron didn't come cuz he was afraid of the pressure..." ... "CP3 made a toast" ... "Carmelo said he only wants NY" ... "Fat Joe guaranteed that Melo would be a Knick" ... "were the Mecca" ...

VinceCarter
10-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Lol I knooow! Here come all the butt hurt Knick fans... "Lebron didn't come cuz he was afraid of the pressure..." ... "CP3 made a toast" ... "Carmelo said he only wants NY" ... "Fat Joe guaranteed that Melo would be a Knick" ... "were the Mecca" ...

:speechless:

JordansBulls
10-09-2010, 09:58 PM
I think people got this all wrong all along. People were focusing on where Melo would go and CP3 likely would follow... But how about where CP3 lands and Melo would likely wanna be also???

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2010/10/09/2010-10-09_new_orleans_hornet_instability_could_bring_chri s_paul_to_knicks_or_nets.html

this ownership crisis in NO doesn't guarantee that they will trade Paul but it seems more likely now. If NY somehow gets Paul there is no question Melo would sure be signing there. If NJ gets Paul it will become Amare or CP3 in Melos mind... And idk buy imo CP3>>>>>>>>Amare

If Melo and CP3 join forces, who would be the man on the team?

LegendaryGuy
10-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Melo told me he's going to new york.

curry

no?

Forbo
10-09-2010, 10:09 PM

Probably Melo, CP3 will be getting lots of assists though

Chill_Will_24
10-09-2010, 10:17 PM
I've never seen CP3 as THE man on a team. The only PG ive ever considered THE man on a team was Iverson. Melo would be the man and I can see CP3 being cool with that as long as their winning

Slimsim
10-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Nets fans are funny. Just 2 weeks ago they had U mad sigs thinking they had Carmelo. Now they wish he sign the extension Because deep down they know he's going to NY.

Forbo
10-09-2010, 10:22 PM
Nets fans are funny. Just 2 weeks ago they had U mad sigs thinking they had Carmelo. Now they wish he sign the extension Because deep down they know he's going to NY.

Well sigs dont cost anything, authentic "King James" Knick Jerseys do. And yes I do know deep down he is going to NY to play in Brooklyn!!

DenButsu
10-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Wow, people actually still think "chicken nuggets" is funny? That **** was old before it was even said the first time.

If you're gonna try and put our team down, you're gonna have to do better than that. Even "thuggets" doesn't really have the same cachet since Billups replaced AI.

The wellspring of "clever" (using the word loosely) jabs at the Nuggs is fairly well dried up by now...

oak2455
10-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Well sigs dont cost anything, authentic "King James" Knick Jerseys do. And yes I do know deep down he is going to NY to play in Brooklyn!!

We shall see.... its funny though how Net fans trash Knick fans..IDK:eyebrow:

Forbo
10-09-2010, 10:51 PM
We shall see.... its funny though how Net fans trash Knick fans..IDK:eyebrow:

Knick fans do the same thing

oak2455
10-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Knick fans do the same thing
Quick question i really dk did Knick fans say **** about the Nets before all this Melo stuff??:)

Forbo
10-09-2010, 11:00 PM
Quick question i really dk did Knick fans say **** about the Nets before all this Melo stuff??:)

Yes, through all of last year. For some reason the entire year just because the 1 year the entire decade they do better they talk trash.

arkanian215
10-09-2010, 11:02 PM

No one bought those.

oak2455
10-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Yes, through all of last year. For some reason the entire year just because the 1 year the entire decade they do better they talk trash.

oh ok:)

godolphins
10-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Melo will sign for the MLE to play for Miami. :D

Forbo
10-09-2010, 11:07 PM
No one bought those.

Well I clearly saw a bunch of them on ESPN, its a Knick Jersey on the back it says King James and it has a number 23. So I guess I was just seeing things then.

oak2455
10-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Well I clearly saw a bunch of them on ESPN, its a Knick Jersey on the back it says King James and it has a number 23. So I guess I was just seeing things then.
I'm pretty sure they were self made not official:)

DMasta718
10-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Never knew the King James jerseys were authentic. Life is complete.:cool:...:rolleyes:

Forbo
10-09-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm pretty sure they were self made not official:)

Yeah I know but they must have got them custom made from NBA store or NBA.com or elsewhere.

VinceCarter
10-09-2010, 11:30 PM

:speechless::facepalm:

oak2455
10-09-2010, 11:49 PM
[QUOTE=VinceCarter;15149405]:speechless::facepalm:[/QUOTe

no response to children....sorry

Forbo
10-10-2010, 12:03 AM

I dont know if you are a fan of the Knicks or not but what are your feeling on the bashing the nets fans have towards the Knicks.

oak2455
10-10-2010, 12:07 AM
[QUOTE=oak2455;15149555]

I dont know if you are a fan of the Knicks or not but what are your feeling on the bashing the nets fans have towards the Knicks.

I am a Knicks fan but dont really care about that stuff, think its all in fun:) Both teams really dont have anything to boast about:eyebrow:

Forbo
10-10-2010, 12:10 AM
[QUOTE=Forbo;15149635]

I am a Knicks fan but dont really care about that stuff, think its all in fun:) Both teams really dont have anything to boast about:eyebrow:

Ill agree

oak2455
10-10-2010, 12:26 AM
[QUOTE=oak2455;15149661]

Ill agree

nothing new:yawn::yawn::yawn:

JordansBulls
10-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Melo will sign for the MLE to play for Miami. :D

I'm not sure if he would even start unless you start Wade at PG.

RangersMets
10-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Carmelo told me that he likes to play Basketball, preferably Professionally and in an Arena. More news to come.

VinceCarter
10-10-2010, 09:47 PM

You're the one who's always using those damn smileys.

ShaqShoes
10-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Stop fighting guys.

JayW_1023
10-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Carmelo Anthony is the best pure scorer in the NBA...better than Kobe and Durant. He can score in every way possible...he can post up like a big unlike Durant and is explosive off the dribble unlike Kobe these days.

If this guy had the mindset of Kobe or Durant he'd be the best player in the NBA. Too bad he is still as immature as he was when he was a rookie.

JordansBulls
10-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Carmelo Anthony is the best pure scorer in the NBA...better than Kobe and Durant. He can score in every way possible...he can post up like a big unlike Durant and is explosive off the dribble unlike Kobe these days.

If this guy had the mindset of Kobe or Durant he'd be the best player in the NBA. Too bad he is still as immature as he was when he was a rookie.

What would you give up for him?

oak2455
10-12-2010, 01:08 AM
[QUOTE=oak2455;15149555]

You're the one who's always using those damn smileys.

what do you care how I respond and the fact that you know what I'm actually doing maybe you should get some outside time?? it might help you out a little sorry dont spend my days on here like others....

JayW_1023
10-12-2010, 05:20 AM
What would you give up for him?

Not as much as I would for Durant or Kobe...which is my point.

DenButsu
10-12-2010, 06:40 AM

GK is, to an extent, a player's coach. Good example is how much free reign he allowed AI. (Counter example of when he's not would be J.R., but that's another story).

I've always wondered how Melo would fare under a coach who runs an airtight ship - especially on the defensive end - like Popovich. Wondered, because I could see it going very well and being the catalyst for Melo to really expand his all-around game -- or going very badly and leading to a team-crippling player/coach dispute. (Probably the reality would actually end up being somewhere in between, but in that situation, something would have to give).

If he gets traded to the Nets and starts dealing with Avery Johnson, we may just get the chance to see what happens.

JordansBulls
10-12-2010, 08:06 AM

Right now you would give up more to get Kobe at 32 than Melo at 26?

VinceCarter
10-12-2010, 01:10 PM
what do you care how I respond and the fact that you know what I'm actually doing maybe you should get some outside time?? it might help you out a little sorry dont spend my days on here like others....

You're trying to pick a fight for a reason I don't understand. I'm going to back off.

oak2455
10-12-2010, 01:46 PM
You're trying to pick a fight for a reason I don't understand. I'm going to back off.

I was having a conversation with another person, and then all of a sudden here you come giving me a facepalm......so who's picking the fight? you were never involved any which way thats what I don't understand at all..

JordansBulls
10-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Link (http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_16313972?source=rss&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter#ixzz12AdAdNkB)

"Confusing" issues.

The Nuggets' front office continues to talk to teams about trading Anthony, but no offer has been good enough to be seriously considered. It is understood that Denver could revisit a trade with New Jersey, which could offer rookie post player Derrick Favors, but other teams would be needed to complete the deal. Denver has until the February trade deadline to get something for the all-star, or else Melo will be a free agent next summer.

Asked if the process is complicated, Anthony said: "On the court, it's easy. Off the court confusing. Just dealing with all of it, just hearing it. Once I'm in the gym, I play the way I play. . . . I'm approaching this season like I would any other season. I'm just getting ready for the next game. I can't worry if I'm going to be here today or tomorrow."

Chill_Will_24
10-12-2010, 03:15 PM
GK is, to an extent, a player's coach. Good example is how much free reign he allowed AI. (Counter example of when he's not would be J.R., but that's another story).

I've always wondered how Melo would fare under a coach who runs an airtight ship - especially on the defensive end - like Popovich. Wondered, because I could see it going very well and being the catalyst for Melo to really expand his all-around game -- or going very badly and leading to a team-crippling player/coach dispute. (Probably the reality would actually end up being somewhere in between, but in that situation, something would have to give).

If he gets traded to the Nets and starts dealing with Avery Johnson, we may just get the chance to see what happens.

I agree completely! Johnson is not called the Little General for nothing. The guy is tough on players. Melo and his huge thugish superstar ego vs Avery Johnsons no nonsense, boot camp style coaching... I hope the Nets don't get him.

beasted86
10-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Are the Sacramento Kings sleepers in 2011 free agency?

I really haven't heard many people mention them at all. Right now they have only $28M in payroll for next season, and the only players they might re-sign would be Carl Landry & Dalembert.

This is all while tossing aside the fact they have a number of young talented players teams would be willing to take in a S&T for quick compensation a-la Bosh & LeBron last summer: Carl Landry S&T, Omri Casspi, Jason Thompson, etc..

JordansBulls
10-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Are the Sacramento Kings sleepers in 2011 free agency?

I really haven't heard many people mention them at all. Right now they have only $28M in payroll for next season, and the only players they might re-sign would be Carl Landry & Dalembert.

This is all while tossing aside the fact they have a number of young talented players teams would be willing to take in a S&T for quick compensation a-la Bosh & LeBron last summer: Carl Landry S&T, Omri Casspi, Jason Thompson, etc..

Tyreke and Melo along with Landry is a nice trio.

JordansBulls
10-15-2010, 12:55 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_16343701

The source said Anthony's camp is getting increasingly frustrated that he has yet to be dealt, desirably to an East Coast team, notably New York or New Jersey. The source maintained Anthony would also agree to a trade with Chicago, but the Nuggets won't make the trade unless it involves Joakim Noah. The source confirmed that it is highly unlikely Anthony agrees to a trade to Philadelphia or the Clippers.

JordansBulls
10-19-2010, 01:02 PM
No more news on Melo?

aussie
10-19-2010, 06:12 PM
it will all die down, no trades will happen til december 15th, when free agents signed and players who have been traded are able to be traded, then he'll be heading to new orleans :)

oak2455
10-19-2010, 11:24 PM
By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com
Archive
NEW YORK  The New York Knicks have made significant progress in recent days in their efforts to acquire Carmelo Anthony from the Denver Nuggets, a source told ESPN.com Tuesday.

After a period of dormancy following the collapse of a four-team trade late last month between New Jersey, Denver, Utah and Charlotte, the Knicks got back in on the bidding about two weeks ago after Anthony made it known to the Nuggets that he would not budge on his refusal to sign a three-year $65 million contract extension with Denver.

The offers the Knicks have proposed have always centered around packages including Anthony Randolph, the expiring contract of Eddy Curry and a first-round draft pick they would acquire from a third team, and New York has softened its stance on including forward Danilo Gallinari in a trade.

The most recent obstacle, according to the source, was for the Knicks to use one of those assets, likely Randolph or Gallinari, to acquire a player from a third team that the Nuggets value more highly than either of the Knicks forwards. The source said that obstacle can now be overcome, with the Knicks confident they can get their hands on a player the Nuggets would prefer.

The source also cautioned that the Chicago Bulls remained in the 'Melo mix, although the contract extension Chicago reached earlier this month with Joakim Noah would preclude him from being included in any deal the Bulls would put together for Anthony.

Also, New Jersey has faded from the Anthony sweepstakes, growing disinclined to include rookie Derrick Favors in a trade, a league source told ESPN.com's J.A. Adande.

There were no concrete indications regarding whether the Nuggets were inclined to deal Anthony prior to the opening of the regular season next week. But the rekindling of trade talks two weeks ago coincided with the Nuggets' hiring of salary capologist Pete D'Alessandro.

The Knicks have had their sights on Anthony since losing out over the summer in their free agent pursuit of LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade. They remain determined to add a second max-salary player to their roster to play alongside Amare Stoudemire, who scored 39 points Tuesday night in a victory over New Jersey to overtake Anthony for the league lead in preseason scoring. Stoudemire is averaging 26.0 points per game to Anthony's 24.3.

The Knicks would have to part with an additional asset or two to acquire a first-round draft pick to include in any deal with the Nuggets, and one New York player who has increased his value in recent days is backup point guard Toney Douglas, who had 24 points Tuesday against New Jersey after scoring 23 two nights earlier against Washington.

Gallinari and Randolph have both struggled in the preseason. Gallinari following up his 0-for-7 performance against the Wizards with a 3-for-7 night against the Nets, while Randolph, averaging 11.0 points and 3.8 rebounds in six preseason games, scored 13 points but did not grab a single rebound. Curry, whose $11.3 million salary comes off the cap at the end of this season, has been sidelined for all six exhibition games with a strained right hamstring.

Chris Sheridan is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com

Apophis
10-19-2010, 11:36 PM
No more news on Melo?

You asked and it has now been delivered.. :D

godolphins
10-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Melo will not be traded, he will sign an extension with the Nuggets before the end of the season.

DenButsu
10-20-2010, 12:00 AM
Melo will not be traded, he will sign an extension with the Nuggets before the end of the season.

Sorry (and really, I'm a Nuggs fan, so I'm probably sorrier than you about this), but that just ain't happening. He's finished in Denver. The only questions remaining are when and under what circumstances he leaves.

BigBlueCrew
10-20-2010, 12:16 AM
Wow ESPN put the Knicks in a Melo trade. I am shocked. There must be something to this. But I'll believe it when I see it.

shep33
10-20-2010, 12:47 AM
Honestly now... what is Denver waiting for? Trade him already.

-First off, when trading a superstar, you'll never get equal value
-Melo will likely wind up in NYC by the start of next season, so why not get something out of it Denver? Might as well get Gallo who is a pretty decent player, along with an expring in Curry, and maybe Randolph.
-One thing that seems kind of evident... the longer you hold onto a guy that wants out, the worse the return your going to get. For example, VC to the Nets... the Raptors had earlier options to get very very good players from other teams, but they waited and got Erick Williams, Aaron Williams, and Alonzo Mourning (who told the raps he doesn't want to play for them... and he didn't)
-Gotta unload him, and might as well do it with a team that he wants... otherwise this is going to carry on all year, causing team distractions. Trade him. The sooner the better... value for him is only going to decrease the longer they wait, and the return will be nothing if he leaves via free agency.

JordansBulls
10-20-2010, 08:37 AM
You asked and it has now been delivered.. :D

Not the info I was looking for though.:D

DenButsu
10-20-2010, 09:55 AM
Not the info I was looking for though.:D

Sorry JB, but when Chicago extended Noah, they signed their own death warrant as far as being a contender for Melo is concerned.

Khalifa21
10-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Sorry JB, but when Chicago extended Noah, they signed their own death warrant as far as being a contender for Melo is concerned.

Exactly. But that doesn't stop Bulls fans thinking Deng, Gibson, Johnson and a first is a great deal for the Nuggets though.

:sigh:

sep11ie
10-20-2010, 11:35 AM
I love how there's the "All Melo News Thread", yet 3 other Melo threads up right now.

DenButsu
10-20-2010, 06:49 PM
I love how there's the "All Melo News Thread", yet 3 other Melo threads up right now.

Read the thread title again. :p

aussie
10-20-2010, 06:57 PM
i still don't know why you all say his going to new york, he wants to win, and he will not win with new york in the east, specially with Miami, Boston, Chicago, Orlando. If he stays in the west he has alot better chance, Melo+CP3 in NO is an awesome combo and can beat any team!

oak2455
10-20-2010, 07:14 PM
i still don't know why you all say his going to new york, he wants to win, and he will not win with new york in the east, specially with Miami, Boston, Chicago, Orlando. If he stays in the west he has alot better chance, Melo+CP3 in NO is an awesome combo and can beat any team!

dont worry they'll play together when CP3 contract runs out, in NY:D

aussie
10-20-2010, 08:31 PM
think what you like, aint happenin

DenButsu
10-20-2010, 09:08 PM
think what you like, aint happenin

Although I still think the Nets remain more likely than the Knicks as Melo's destination, the Hornets are not even on the radar screen of Melo talk, while NYK is still very, very possible. I don't think the Knicks will be able to work out landing both Melo and CP3, but that's MUCH more of a realistic possibility (albeit still highly unlikely) than Melo going to N.O.

aussie
10-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Although I still think the Nets remain more likely than the Knicks as Melo's destination, the Hornets are not even on the radar screen of Melo talk, while NYK is still very, very possible. I don't think the Knicks will be able to work out landing both Melo and CP3, but that's MUCH more of a realistic possibility (albeit still highly unlikely) than Melo going to N.O.

dont be so sure, Dell Demps and Monty are discussing it

DenButsu
10-20-2010, 09:25 PM
dont be so sure, Dell Demps and Monty are discussing it

Show me one trade rumor from even a semi-reputable source which has asserted that Melo has shown even the slightest hint of interest in going to New Orleans. Guessing you can't do it, mainly because it hasn't happened.

BigBlueCrew
10-20-2010, 09:26 PM

a) because you spoke to him personally and he told you this?

b) and you dont know that he thinks that him and amare wont be a championship team?

aussie
10-20-2010, 10:51 PM
i never said there was a trade rumor i said that they are discussing best options on a way to get melo plus cp has contacted melo on gettin him to NOH.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp10/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=CP3-100929

You think the Hornets would trade away DC, Brackins etc. to get average players when they wanna keep CP happy i think not, they setting up for a trade, you all watch.

DenButsu
10-20-2010, 11:14 PM
i never said there was a trade rumor i said that they are discussing best options on a way to get melo

Problem is, a "way to get Melo" depends entirely on Melo actually wanting to go there, which there is absolutely no indication of.

plus cp has contacted melo on gettin him to NOH.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp10/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=CP3-100929

And still, once again, this is no indication that Melo has any desire or willingness to play there.

Right now, I'd put the chances of Melo ending up on the Hornets at 0.000000001%. Approximately.

aussie
10-21-2010, 03:33 AM
well thats bigger then him stayin at Denver so we'll see

Mudvayne91
10-21-2010, 04:54 AM

The guy isn't saying anything about Melo staying in Den, no need to get spiteful. In fact, he's repeatedly said the opposite. Back to the topic, I'm not sure NO has enough to pry Melo away w/o totally crippling their team(assuming he'd ok it) compared to the other suitors.

DenButsu
10-21-2010, 06:02 AM

Yeah, here's how I see the % chances of where he ends up right now:

NJN 53%
NYK 42%
CHI 5%

DEN, NOH, and all other teams 0%

airronijordan
10-21-2010, 06:28 AM
i never said there was a trade rumor i said that they are discussing best options on a way to get melo plus cp has contacted melo on gettin him to NOH.

You think the Hornets would trade away DC, Brackins etc. to get average players when they wanna keep CP happy i think not, they setting up for a trade, you all watch.

theres no way Melo will go to NO! He wants a big market.........I remembered when people on PSD all thought that Melo was going to get traded to their team (Houston, Phi, Chi,LAC, GS, etc.) and I told them that he's only going to accept a trade to NY or NJ, and it seems like I was right

I give NY a 65% chance of getting him and NJ a 35%.....If Favors keeps up his bad play, then Denver will most likely lose their interest in him

bholly
10-21-2010, 06:48 AM
If Favors keeps up his bad play, then Denver will most likely lose their interest in him

I can never keep track of this. Half the arguments I see on here are that Favors isn't enough of a return for Denver to be keen, but NJN are disappointed in him and want to move him, and the other half are that NJN are too high on him and don't want to include him anymore.
If there's anything that suggests to me that nobody really knows all that much, it's this.

aussie
10-21-2010, 07:02 AM
well he wont get traded til december so no need to worry atm, if he just plays out his contract, i think NO chances will rise alot anyway, im not tryin to bait or nuffin just want hope in melo in NO :)

Knicks21
10-21-2010, 08:05 AM
well he wont get traded til december so no need to worry atm, if he just plays out his contract, i think NO chances will rise alot anyway, im not tryin to bait or nuffin just want hope in melo in NO :)

Again how do you know this?

Chill_Will_24
10-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Again how do you know this?

He doesn'tknow anything he just hopes it's so... Just read his last sentence. I call it the Knick fan syndrome... I just don't see how Denver is being so stupid. I doubt there's too much more they can get after December when it's still a two or three team race. They say they are less enamored with Favors... What did they expect??? He was considered a project on draft day and that's how he's playing. His biggest issue is just foul trouble! If the Nuggets pass up this chance to get him they will regret it. He's the best that they could get. I guarantee that when Favors adjusts to the speed of the game and the way refs call it, he will start putting up the type of numbers that will make NJ not want to trade him. Terrence Williams is also proving to be a heck of a player. The assets are there. Denver is just foolishly waiting for one of these teams to wow them with a deal.

aussie
10-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Google News , use it ! !

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/feed/2010-08/carmelos-contact/story/report-nuggets-may-wait-to-trade-anthony

Chill_Will_24
10-21-2010, 09:01 AM
Google News , use it ! !

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/feed/2010-08/carmelos-contact/story/report-nuggets-may-wait-to-trade-anthony

Ya nothing new there... Their willing IF they can't get a deal done before the start of the season, which is still their preferance. I don't see why your setting yourself up for disappointment. I won't discredit your theories cuz I don't have an insight into Melos mind but I'm going by the hundreds if reports that say it's NY or NJ. I have yet to real a single one that says he will go to NO.

JordansBulls
10-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Melo is better than Noah on the Bulls clearly.

However, the Bulls are in no better position to beat Miami with Melo and no Noah than they are with Noah and no Melo.

JordansBulls
10-23-2010, 07:07 PM
So word is that Melo can sign an extension anytime during the season.

DenButsu
10-23-2010, 11:00 PM
So word is that Melo can sign an extension anytime during the season.

True, but since it's a near certainty he won't do wo with the Nuggets, the trade deadline effectively becomes the extension deadline as well.

JordansBulls
10-24-2010, 11:01 AM
True, but since it's a near certainty he won't do wo with the Nuggets, the trade deadline effectively becomes the extension deadline as well.

When do you think he will be traded?

DenButsu
10-24-2010, 12:16 PM
When do you think he will be traded?

I'd been saying for a long time that I didn't think he'd play any regular season games as a Nugget, but I'm on the verge of being proven wrong about that. Latest indications are that it would happen after Dec. 15th when the trade landscape will be changed as this summer's FA crop becomes eligible for being traded.

njnets825
10-24-2010, 04:51 PM
If the Nuggets plan on trading Mello to the Nets it's probably going to be at the deadline. They know the trade will forever be on the table for them to pull. The longer melo is on the nets the more wins they will accumulate. That making one of the draft picks they are going to receive a worse pick. The Nets could even make the playoffs with a full season Mello. taking that pick out of the lottery.

bryan71023
10-24-2010, 07:56 PM
If the Nuggets plan on trading Mello to the Nets it's probably going to be at the deadline. They know the trade will forever be on the table for them to pull. The longer melo is on the nets the more wins they will accumulate. That making one of the draft picks they are going to receive a worse pick. The Nets could even make the playoffs with a full season Mello. taking that pick out of the lottery.

I can see Denver doing that but IMO I would feel that Melo trade value will drop tremendously and so the Nets would offer less to Denver and may pulloff not giving up Harris or Favors and by offering 3 picks and other players who would match Melo's contract like Murphy, Humphries, James etc... IMO if Denver waits to trade Melo in the last day of the trade deadline, then Denver will not get as much as they will get Melo if they trade him now.

DenButsu
10-24-2010, 08:18 PM
The more valuable Nets pick is the Warriors pick anyhow, so it's not linked to NJ's success.

JordansBulls
10-24-2010, 11:50 PM
I'd been saying for a long time that I didn't think he'd play any regular season games as a Nugget, but I'm on the verge of being proven wrong about that. Latest indications are that it would happen after Dec. 15th when the trade landscape will be changed as this summer's FA crop becomes eligible for being traded.

That is what I am thinking as well right now.

Chill_Will_24
10-25-2010, 05:30 PM
How does Dec 15 change the trading landscape? Which players on the Nets and Knicks that are available then do you all think will be factors???

oak2455
10-25-2010, 05:43 PM
How does Dec 15 change the trading landscape? Which players on the Nets and Knicks that are available then do you all think will be factors???

I think everyone is available on the 15th of December.......you know the guys that were traded for and or signed( I think)..

Hindy27
10-25-2010, 09:25 PM
I think everyone is available on the 15th of December.......you know the guys that were traded for and or signed( I think)..
I think he knows that.
He was asking which of those players do you think may be included in a possible trade.

Like for the Nets, Outlaw or Farmar might start getting mentioned, although I'm pretty sure the Nuggets won't want that Outlaw contract.

Dec 15 opens up a whole lot of new scenarios.

JordansBulls
10-26-2010, 08:11 AM

Yep

oak2455
10-26-2010, 08:41 AM
didn't know what he was saying didn't say anything about the nets but guess you know him better than I do.....

Chill_Will_24
10-26-2010, 11:14 AM
didn't know what he was saying didn't say anything about the nets but guess you know him better than I do.....

It was plain English. Idk how I can dumb it down any further... let's see... Which players from the Knicks or Nets roster that are available after Dec 15 do you think could be part of a deal for Melo?

SupeUnagi
10-26-2010, 11:21 AM
carmelo anthony is the biggest tease in all of professional sports
just trade him already

JordansBulls
10-26-2010, 12:29 PM
carmelo anthony is the biggest tease in all of professional sportsjust trade him already

:(

JordansBulls
10-26-2010, 10:41 PM

Nets still have a good package. But if they trade Harris or Lopez for Melo it defeats the purpose.

DenButsu
10-26-2010, 11:40 PM
It was plain English. Idk how I can dumb it down any further... let's see... Which players from the Knicks or Nets roster that are available after Dec 15 do you think could be part of a deal for Melo?

This is a good point. I think if anything changes on Dec. 15th, it's not what NYK or NJN directly offers the Nuggets (because Favors/picks or Gallo/AR/Chandler is the best they'll offer from their own rosters anyhow), but it could change the landscape on the 3rd/4th team front. And probably not so much in terms of the big pieces, but more in terms of more teams having more movable parts, which gives them greater flexibility in putting workable deals together.