PDA

View Full Version : "It's always a race factor"

smiddy012
09-30-2010, 05:54 AM
Sorry if this has already been posted, didnt see anything on it.

Seems Lebron is playing the race card - http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/39431398/ns/sports-nba/

I dont even know where to start. Kids an amazing talent but the kids got some serious baggage.

Raoul Duke
09-30-2010, 06:41 AM
So true. The black man is constantly being oppressed when it comes to pro basketball.

Mr.ATLHawks
09-30-2010, 07:43 AM
Lebron is spot on with his analysis. When everything is going well with these athletes they love you to death, but as soon as some turmoil starts they are quick to throw you to the wolves. I believe, IMO, that all this comes down to a jealousy factor seeing how these guys are making LOTS of money. I have also heard that Ohio is one of the most racist states in the Union with regards to racial incidents. I have been to Ohio a few times as my Aunt lives in Dover. I have not personally witnessed it but it does have a feel and the way people look at you makes you uncomfortable (felt the same way when in Boise, ID). I dont not agree with how Lebron made his decision, but he is entitled to do whatever he wants. Clearly the Cavs owner showed his true colors in his unprofessional Letter to Cleveland which appeared to be very racially fueled. People think racism no longer exists but I am here to tell you it is alive and kicking. For the majority alot of people have opened their eyes and are willing to accept people regardless of their skin color, but you have alot of people in high places who still think they are better then the next man simply because if their skin color. I know there wil be backlash and crying and yadda yadda after these comments from the naive. Racism also goes both ways and you have alot of people who feel as if they are owed something simply because of what their great grandparents went through. Until we change ourselves how can we expect the world to change. It is getting better (see the election of Obama) but we still have a longggg way to go.

GodsSon
09-30-2010, 07:53 AM
Why is America in general so infatuated with colour? The amount of times I hear of stories from down South where someone pulls the race card is pathetic.

IHeartNY
09-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Lebron doing something against his crybaby image, huh ?

Come on, you're a NBA-Superstar, in this world are a whole lot of people that have way more problems because of their race, than Lebron James ...

Raidaz4Life
09-30-2010, 08:01 AM
Someone has been listening to a little too much Jesse Jackson.

This continues to be the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. The Cleveland fans simply feel stabbed in the back for the way they've been treated and here comes Lebron and the NAACP to paint "him" as the victim when his acts over this past summer have been more than worthy of all the criticism he has received both from the media, the fans, and the cavaliers organization.

You'd think at this point he would be smart enough to just lay low and let it die but apparently not.

Ollie Tabooger
09-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Lebron doing something against his crybaby image, huh ?

Come on, you're a NBA-Superstar, in this world are a whole lot of people that have way more problems because of their race, than Lebron James ...

This x1000

Giaps
09-30-2010, 08:35 AM
I'm amazed because it's such an incredibly dumb thing to say. Race had absolutely nothing to do with the backlash.

TheTakeOver24
09-30-2010, 08:36 AM
I agree with him. The stats back it up. Everyone knows its true, no need to write an article about it.

path2zion
09-30-2010, 08:40 AM
LMAO!!! I cant wait to watch this guy self-destruct. He got in a fight with Wade during their 1st practice, get out ur popcorn

path2zion
09-30-2010, 08:48 AM
I agree with him. The stats back it up. Everyone knows its true, no need to write an article about it.

the only thing the stats may "back-up" is that blacks may be willing to give "one of their own" more benefit of the doubt. Obama got 98% of the black vote, a jaw dropping statistic, and that voter's block remains his strongest by far. Im not knocking the community for sticking together, but dont be rediculous and say that he hasnt earned his scorn.

HeaTxRipZz
09-30-2010, 08:53 AM
the only thing the stats may "back-up" is that blacks may be willing to give "one of their own" more benefit of the doubt. Obama got 98% of the black vote, a jaw dropping statistic, and that voter's block remains his strongest by far. Im not knocking the community for sticking together, but dont be rediculous and say that he hasnt earned his scorn.

One of their own? Last time I checked we are all the same which are human beings.....Didn't know color made us different entirely....As far as them stats who knows how much of it is true and who knows why people feel the way they do. Everyone has their own minds I'm sure race doesn't play a part in it......Let's say Dirk did something and like Chris Bosh later did the same thing.....Bosh wouldn't see a less reaction from me because of his race

dnewguy
09-30-2010, 09:15 AM
I think race has something to do with Lebron hatred....the top 5 most hated athlete are black, including Lebron.....guess what, he never committed a crime. What's even funny is that either Rothelisberger and Bret Farve made that list....if you think black athletes are not treated differently then you are living in a fantasy America.

KingOf215
09-30-2010, 09:18 AM
It's true race is a contributing factor. If you're not a black man living in America, you just wouldn't understand. Does race affect everyone's opinion? -No. Does it contribute to certain stereotypes to certain people? -You'd be naiive to think no.

CostanzaNumba0
09-30-2010, 09:23 AM
I am so sick of this, the backlash happened because he not only spurned his own town, but the two biggest media markets in the country as well (NYC and CHI) and then had the audacity to make a self-promoting television special out of it. This has nothing to do with race

ttam68
09-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Haha ttam68 thinks race had nothing to do with it. Ttam68 thinks Lebron and Carter are idiots

dnewguy
09-30-2010, 09:27 AM
One of their own? Last time I checked we are all the same which are human beings.....Didn't know color made us different entirely....As far as them stats who knows how much of it is true and who knows why people feel the way they do. Everyone has their own minds I'm sure race doesn't play a part in it......Let's say Dirk did something and like Chris Bosh later did the same thing.....Bosh wouldn't see a less reaction from me because of his race

Thats part of the prob we have in this country bro, most of this people forget that Clinton got more Black votes than Obama....but now that Black people voted for Obama, they refuse to see anything he's doing right. Since he took office, they've called him a failure, they out protesting taxes even though taxes are the lowest it's ever been in American history. It's a culture of entitlement, but then people blame black people for been entitled, like we have ever been entitled to anything.

JLMiles14
09-30-2010, 09:27 AM
I am so sick of this, the backlash happened because he not only spurned his own town, but the two biggest media markets in the country as well (NYC and CHI) and then had the audacity to make a self-promoting television special out of it. This has nothing to do with race

This :clap:

dnewguy
09-30-2010, 09:31 AM

Haven't Bret Farve done worse than Lebron....I didn't see anyone burning his Jersey. Look at Ben Roethlisberger, did exactly the same thing Kobe did, even worse, is he top 5 most hated athlete? No, Lebron is without committing a crime. The dude can make his own decision, just because y'all didn't make it for him doesn't mean he should be so hated.

The Ooh Child
09-30-2010, 09:31 AM
Why is America in general so infatuated with colour? The amount of times I hear of stories from down South where someone pulls the race card is pathetic.

It probably has something to do with American history and the deep-seeded racism still overwhelmingly prevelant in the deep south.

dnewguy
09-30-2010, 09:34 AM
Watch this video, people always claim race has nothing with what they do but how can you explain this?

http://mediatakeout.com/43799/shame_hidden_camera_shows_the_different_reactions_ of_white_folk____when_they_see_a_black_and_a_white _thief.html

dnewguy
09-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Here's a ESPN clip on Lebron's racial divide, I find it insightful.....take a look.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5603433

CostanzaNumba0
09-30-2010, 09:41 AM
Haven't Bret Farve done worse than Lebron....I didn't see anyone burning his Jersey. Look at Ben Roethlisberger, did exactly the same thing Kobe did, even worse, is he top 5 most hated athlete? No, Lebron is without committing a crime. The dude can make his own decision, just because y'all didn't make it for him doesn't mean he should be so hated.

People despise Favre, I don't know where you are getting your numbers from they certainly aren't listed in that article. You aren't understanding the point, LBJ had every right to make the decision he did, but it was the self-aggrandizing and showboating way in which he did it, that stupid tv show rubbing his decision in the faces of those he rejected including his hometown.. The cowardly, shady backdoor deals with Wade and Bosh because he didn't have the kobe in him to get it done himself. He flirted like a teenage girl with NY, the Yankees hats at playoff games in Cleveland, his personalized nyc shoe, his "love of D'antoni's offense, and then he goes on tv to say "I'm taking my talents to south beach"..hes hated because hes a drama queen, not because hes black

Hawkeye15
09-30-2010, 09:41 AM
what does this have to do with basketball?