PDA

View Full Version : Which Travis Snider will we see next year?

Gibby
09-30-2010, 01:00 AM
I think we will see an all star. he was mashing before he got injured and it seems he is finally now back to doing that. i predict he will hit 30 Hr and Ops over 900 next year. he also plays decent defence is LF too.

2009mvp
09-30-2010, 01:11 AM
I'd like to see the one who knew how to take a walk back in April. Yeah he's been raking for the last week or two but if he's gonna continue striking out in a quarter of his AB's he'd better find his plate discipline again, otherwise we're talking about a recipe for disaster.

Gibby
09-30-2010, 01:25 AM
i know someone will correct me so it was supposed to be "which" not "what"

statquo
09-30-2010, 04:46 AM
Is he going to be our leadoff hitter next year? I really don't know where he fits in the lineup. He has so much power potential that i want to say that I'd like him in the 3 or 5 hole, but those are obviously plugged by Bautista and Lind.

Anyways, I'm just hoping he stays healthy. If he stays healthy for the whole year, I think 30 homers should be a forsure. An ops above 800 should be easy for him, but as 2009 said, he's gotta get some patience up there. I think that should come with time and experience, but he's gotta get those k's down. I really want him to have a break out year next year.

Manatoo
09-30-2010, 06:28 AM
I'd like to see the one who knew how to take a walk back in April. Yeah he's been raking for the last week or two but if he's gonna continue striking out in a quarter of his AB's he'd better find his plate discipline again, otherwise we're talking about a recipe for disaster.

Hes walked throughout his minor league career, and it generally takes a few years for a younger player to learn to take walks at the MLB level, i wouldn't be to worried.

Twitchy
09-30-2010, 08:25 AM
Of the guys currently on the roster, Escobar's the best fit at leadoff. I'd rather see someone with better OBP skills, but his career OBP is 365 and I could live with that out of the leadoff spot if they're not making too many changes. I wouldn't mind seeing Snider hit in the 2 spot, just cause it's unlikely he'll bat in the 3-6 spots next year (any order of Bautista, Lind, Wells, Hill will probably end up there). He could take advantage of a hole on the right side when they're covering the runner on first, his strikeouts wouldn't kill a rally like a double play would, and he could still take advantage of his power in the 2 spot.

Snider's been red hot right now so it''s a shame the seasons coming to an end. I'm hoping he can put it together. A 270/350/500 line would be a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned.

JimBob
09-30-2010, 09:26 AM
Snider should hit 6th or 2nd ALL of next season. However I like him in the 6th spot. He has to much power to not be in a run producing spot.

The order I am thinking for next season is;

Escobar
Hill/Snider (depending if Hill he can find a way to be more than just an all or nothing guy)
Bautista
Wells
Lind
FA 1B
Snider/HIll
FA 3B
JPA

j-mart
09-30-2010, 10:21 AM
I hope we see the Travis Snider that rocks the mustache.

JetLi
09-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Snider seems patient and has a lot of power, while I don't know if he should be lead off, he has been good there. He hits left, he gets out of the box quickly, he's patient with some power. I'd be happy with letting him spend a year there and work on his game in general. Escobar should bad #2 just because he's got great bat handling skills, can bunt, has some speed and can make things happen.

I think Hill is more suited to hit #6 in the line up, some bop in the bat and seems to have some tendency to strike out. While I love his hustle, he's not quite as fast as I would like.

I'm open to deciding the line up based on the bats that come in. Keep up the good work AA!

North Yorker
09-30-2010, 11:02 AM
Snider should hit 6th or 2nd ALL of next season. However I like him in the 6th spot. He has to much power to not be in a run producing spot.

The order I am thinking for next season is;

Escobar
Hill/Snider (depending if Hill he can find a way to be more than just an all or nothing guy)
Bautista
Wells
Lind
FA 1B
Snider/HIll
FA 3B
JPA

I would rather Snider bat 2nd in this situation just to split up all the righties.

McJoe
09-30-2010, 12:47 PM
I hope we see the Travis Snider that rocks the mustache.

I dont think he has the capabilities to grow a mustache yet lol.

I just hope we see one with more confidence. He doesn't seem to have any confidence bouncing around the order like he has. I think, like Twitchy said, we will see Escobar leading off but I think we probably see Hill back in the number 2 slot and the 3-6 hitters being Bautista, Wells, Lind, and Snider followed by Buck/Arencibia, Overbay, and a 3rd baseman. Part of me expects AA to find a way to bring in a young or project 3rd baseman or right fielder and have Bautista play the other position. It would fit the way he has worked so far picking up Yunie anyway.

BlueJayFanDan
09-30-2010, 02:43 PM
I think Travis is gonna break out next year. He has had a lot of major league playing time and now I think he is going to be ready. My predicitons for him next season are:

.282 BA
32 HR
97 RBI

BlueJayCarter
09-30-2010, 02:47 PM
I like Snider either 6 or 7 next year. He should not be leading off and he should not be ninth.

He was hitting before he got injured ... and he is hitting now.

I think he will have a good year next year if he plays everyday and does have a campaign that is injury free.

25-35 HR

80-105 RBI

probably .270 average

Yeah I can see that as all-star material.

Kelly Gruber
09-30-2010, 03:23 PM
If he grew a moustache he would be an All-Star.

Bob_at_york
09-30-2010, 03:37 PM

how true.

j-mart
09-30-2010, 03:39 PM

:nod::nod::nod:

nstojic
09-30-2010, 03:55 PM
hahahahahaha did you see what snider was wearing in the post game interviews???? hahhaha

skip to 2:16

http://watch.tsn.ca/mlb/clip354681#clip354681

Bob_at_york
09-30-2010, 04:01 PM
I saw some comment about that "costume" earlier today. Funny!

LechWalesa
09-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Travis Snider is easily my favourite Jay after last night.

BlueJayCarter
09-30-2010, 04:04 PM
He just needs to be himself and he will be an allstar.

And that is a guy dressed up in a baby suit with an oversized bottle.

And a mustache.

And then and only then will he be an allstar.

Gibby
09-30-2010, 04:25 PM
hahahahahaha did you see what snider was wearing in the post game interviews???? hahhaha

skip to 2:16

http://watch.tsn.ca/mlb/clip354681#clip354681

haha that was awesome. lol he did the interview with a straight face though.