PDA

View Full Version : The Draft and Lockout

MurderousPress
09-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Me and a buddy were just discussing this, I thought it was interesting and was wondering what you guys think. Being a Raptors fan, my only hope for the upcoming season is that we absolutely bomb and get the #1 overall draft pick. This is something I think all sh** teams fan bases hope for. If there is a lockout next year, and it is well known that there is going to be a lockout, will the top draft prospects stay back in college/Europe? And does the draft still happen even during a lockout? Do second rate players declare for the draft hoping they can sneak in? Are the Raptors *******?

MurderousPress
09-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Not interesting? haha

IndyFan
09-28-2010, 11:17 PM
everyone who can get into the next draft is gonna do so. after the next CBA, the age limit to enter will go up to 20 and the rookie contracts will go down. the draft after the 2011-12 season will be terrible. all the 19 yr olds will be waiting an extra year to be able to enter.

IIRC, the NBA will hold a draft even if they lose the season to a lockout. the selection order is the same as the previous draft, but the lottery is redone to select the first three picks.

:)

WolvesJagsOs
09-28-2010, 11:26 PM
do you guys really think we wont have a season next year?

IDB Josh M
09-28-2010, 11:45 PM
Me and a buddy were just discussing this, I thought it was interesting and was wondering what you guys think. Being a Raptors fan, my only hope for the upcoming season is that we absolutely bomb and get the #1 overall draft pick. This is something I think all sh** teams fan bases hope for. If there is a lockout next year, and it is well known that there is going to be a lockout, will the top draft prospects stay back in college/Europe? And does the draft still happen even during a lockout? Do second rate players declare for the draft hoping they can sneak in? Are the Raptors *******?

My buddy and I ...

More seriously though. I give my message to the NBA players and the owners. 20 dollars for nachos and a drink at the games, while I have to shell out 100's of dollars for tickets is unacceptable.

*chaching chaching*

Korman12
09-29-2010, 12:06 AM

No it isn't.

WolvesJagsOs
09-29-2010, 12:22 AM
No1 answered me lol. Could someone explain to me if they think there will be a season next year or not. Im actually really worried about this just like NFL, i wouldnt be able to live without NBA lol, i really hope something gets done.

joshhorvath
09-29-2010, 12:29 AM
then if theres no NBA, americasn can watch Hockey (NHL) during the winter :)

JLynn943
09-29-2010, 12:33 AM

Nope, I'd rather be at least somewhat respectable. Besides, with the lottery you could be the worst team and not pick first anyway.