PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose: Why Can't I Get MVP?

TheHoopsProphet
09-28-2010, 09:55 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/2751674,CST-SPT-bull28.article

Whatever the sport, talent separates the greats from the wannabes, but talent alone doesn't assure greatness. The truly great ones not only have the talent, they also have the desire to be great.

If still-blossoming Bulls point guard Derrick Rose doesn't develop into one of the NBA's great players, it won't be because he doesn't have the desire.

During the Media Day festivities at the Berto Center on Monday as the team officially opened training camp -- the first practice was scheduled for this morning -- Rose spoke boldly when asked about his individual expectations for the upcoming season.

''They're high,'' he said confidently. ''The way I look at it, why can't I be the MVP in the league? Why can't I be the best player in the league? I don't see why not."

Someone tell TJ For- er, Derrick Rose, that MVP awards go to proven winners, top5 players, and players who have more than one skill (i.e. quickness).

Or am I wrong here? What type of numbers must rose have (including bulls wins) for this to be anything but laughable?

Avenged
09-28-2010, 09:58 PM
As of now, absolutely not.

In a couple of years MAYBE, but it'll be very difficult going up against Lebron and Durant.

TheTakeOver24
09-28-2010, 09:59 PM
I like the confidence, though I dont think the Bulls will have enough wins for Rose to be considered MVP, even if he does make that large of a jump in production.

td0tsfinest
09-28-2010, 10:00 PM
I really have no problem with him saying that. He's a former #1 overall pick, entering his 3rd season and all he's trying to do is be the best. Can't hate on that.

kjoke
09-28-2010, 10:04 PM
becuase ur not good enough

Evolution23
09-28-2010, 10:06 PM
good confidence but hes gota work really hard to be that guy

ChiSox219
09-28-2010, 10:08 PM
Why Can't I Get MVP?

Keven Durant.

tredigs
09-28-2010, 10:10 PM
"Why can't I be MVP"?

I'll tell ya, D. Rose. Remember that kid your age who just dominated the FIBA tournament and completely outclassed you (hell, Westbrook probably slightly outclassed him) while winning the tournament MVP? Well, he plays in the NBA. And his team is probably going to be better than your team. At the very least, they'll be about equal.

Outside of that - Lebron, Wade, Kobe, and Dwight Howard are all still playing in the NBA... for great teams, so I don't exactly like his chances as a top 5 candidate (even if he plays out of his g'damn mind this season). Also, MVP's are generally top 3 in at least one major counting stat, and upper tier in PER. He won't be top 5 in any, and may not be top 10 in any.

Gotta like the confidence, but he's a top ~6 or so NBA pg, and the MVP talk is hilariously premature at this point in his career.

justinnum1
09-28-2010, 10:12 PM
:laugh:
I was waiting for this...Someone tell Rose to stop smoking with Noah.

As long as the following players are still playing, Rose will not win MVP

Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Durant

He can dream about it tho.

Stunner
09-28-2010, 10:13 PM
I like hearing this from our young leader. One day Rose u will be an MVP. Jus keep doing your thing and dont mind what other people say. U keep doing your thing and prove people wrong.

Hustlenomics
09-28-2010, 10:14 PM
because you can't lead your team past the first round

ramsizzle
09-28-2010, 10:19 PM
because you can't lead your team past the first round

Seriously?:facepalm:

dnewguy
09-28-2010, 10:20 PM
:laugh2:

Lloyd Christmas
09-28-2010, 10:21 PM
I think it's possible. It seems like that's all Rose is saying too. I doubt he really believes he will win MVP but him winning it is a possibility.

daleja424
09-28-2010, 10:21 PM
maybe b/c there are a dozen players better than him who havent even won an mvp award? :shrug:

Avenged
09-28-2010, 10:23 PM
I'd like to add Chris Paul and Dwight to the list onto why it's near impossible for him to win one.

97NYer
09-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Because your not a top 10 player you sucked at FIBA and your mentally challenged.

kingbrentg
09-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Yeah, he should probably just not even try or have confidence in improving his game at all.

SaimoNETS
09-28-2010, 10:28 PM
Why are people hating? I, for one, love his confidence. I wish Brook had the same mentality. :sigh:

kingbrentg
09-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Why are people hating? I, for one, love his confidence. I wish Brook had the same mentality. :sigh:

It's the cool thing to do.

justinnum1
09-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Because your not a top 10 player you sucked at FIBA and your mentally challenged.

Kashmir13579
09-28-2010, 10:38 PM

Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Durant

nice list.

daleja424
09-28-2010, 10:39 PM
+ I think the guy should focus on getting his team homecourt in the first round...and get them to advance to the conference semis

Avenged
09-28-2010, 10:41 PM
+ he's not even top 3 in Point Guards alone.

Shmontaine
09-28-2010, 10:42 PM
How dare he not kneel before those better than him... this guy doesn't actually believe in himself, does he? OMG, this is news...

Baller1
09-28-2010, 10:44 PM

... :laugh2:

Stunner
09-28-2010, 10:47 PM
Some of these post amaze me. I knw he not likely a MVP player now but some of you or most are jus boneheaded.

JRisdabest
09-28-2010, 10:49 PM
bron kobe howard dirk melo cp3 williams..thats why

tredigs
09-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Some of these post amaze me. I knw he not likely a MVP player now but some of you or most are jus boneheaded.

Rather than just give a random blanket statement, why not try to point some ("most") out and explain why they're boneheaded?

Super.
09-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Because there are better players than you in the NBA?

Jesus your not even the best PG in the east!

Stunner
09-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Rather than just give a random blanket statement, why not try to point some ("most") out and explain why they're boneheaded?

We knw he isnt a top MVP player dat so that is plain as day but to bash him cuz he said it and like he doesnt have the ability to one day be in that discussion is crazy. I have faith him i knw he isnt the player he is going to be. For a player that is 21 going into his 3rd year and what he has done so far in his career. I wouldnt put it past him to be a MVP one day.

* #1 overall pick in the NBA
* Won All-Stars Skills Challenge (was the youngest player to win it).
* One of the youngest rookie ever to score 36 points in his Playoff Debut.
* Won Rookie of the Year.
* 1st NBA All-Rookie Team.
* Became first all-star since MJ/Pip era - in 12 years.
* Took the team to playoff both of the years.
* Won the Gold Medal in the World Championships.

Draco
09-28-2010, 11:06 PM

Rose's individual expectations for next season are rightfully whatever he wants them to be. There isn't a right or wrong answer for him to give. His answer doesn't have to be a realistic assessment of goals. It could simply be an expression of confidence. It's a bait thread.. like the majority of Rose related threads on this forum. So yeah, I'd consider a lot of the responses in this thread to be boneheaded.

Baller1
09-28-2010, 11:06 PM
We knw he isnt a top MVP player dat so that is plain as day but to bash him cuz he said it and like he doesnt have the ability to one day be in that discussion is crazy. I have faith him i knw he isnt the player he is going to be. For a player that is 21 going into his 3rd year and what he has done so far in his career. I wouldnt put it past him to be a MVP one day.

Great resume... for an all-star player. Not an MVP.

justinnum1
09-28-2010, 11:10 PM

You expect someone to decipher that?

ramsizzle
09-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Great resume... for an all-star player. Not an MVP.

Funny how Kevin Durant's resume wasn't that good entering his third year huh...

Avenged
09-28-2010, 11:14 PM

That's really not an impressive resume to garner an MVP.

He has a lot to do in a full season to be considered top 5 in MVP, and a lot of the things you pointed out doesn't necessarily mean MVP type seasons. We've seen a couple #1 picks who really deserved to be near the top 15 or even 2nd round.

All-Star events are not even considered in MVP's.. Scoring 36 points doesn't mean MVP, heck i'll vouch for him if he can do it on a constant basis. Rookie accomplishments are not even considered.. And being an all-star for the Bulls doesn't mean MVP just because he's the first to do so after MJ/Pippen.. It just means the Bulls haven't had a good player in a long while.

And taking a team to the 1st round, favorites to lose the series, isn't going to win an MVP any points considering MVP's are only for the regular season.

Last but not least, we all know Durant deserves credit for the World Championship.. Let's not pretend like Rose was the biggest reason or was even that much of a contributer.

It's good to have the confidence but he has a lot of work to do.

Avenged
09-28-2010, 11:16 PM
You expect someone to decipher that?

yes...

:cool:

justinnum1
Funny how Kevin Durant's resume wasn't that good entering his second year huh...

:laugh: If some eastern conference all stars weren;t injured, Rose would have been watching that game from home. He probably won't be an allstar this season.

i see it being wall and rondo.

tredigs

#1, I don't think anybody is bashing his potential, and very few are even mocking him for making the comments. What it boils down to is that HE SAID, "I don't see why I can't be an MVP this year. Be the best player in the league." All we're doing is looking at that comment, and discussing what truth their could be behind it.

The fact of the matter is that from everything we've seen of the kid (including his very mediocre performance this summer), he is not in the same class as the MVP candidates, and as such his comment is going to be mocked to an extent.

Again, if you're a Bulls fan then you'll probably like the confidence - but he's as delusional as the worst homer out there if he truly believes that he can be the best player in the NBA this season. I'll enjoy watching him try to prove everyone wrong, though.

This kid is on Russell Westbrook's level (a very high level), but not Lebron/Wade/Kobe/Durant, etc. He probably needs to ground himself a bit if he actually believes otherwise.

Wilson
09-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Let me add my name to the short list of people who don't think this is crazy. Unlikely? Sure (especially this season), but not impossible by any means.

It's not unusual to think that a talented 21 year old man playing on an improved team will improve enough to make some noise. I think you've also got to love that he's pushing himself, there's nothing wrong with setting yourself a high goal.

I do think it's unlikely that he'll win the MVP this season, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him in the conversation, and I definitely think he can win one in the future.

ramsizzle
09-28-2010, 11:18 PM
:laugh: If some eastern conference all stars weren;t injured, Rose would have been watching that game from home. He probably won't be an allstar this season.

Wall can't score on doc rivers son and u think he's better than rose. Shut up hater

Avenged
09-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Let me add my name to the short list of people who don't think this is crazy. Unlikely? Sure (especially this season), but not impossible by any means.

It's not unusual to think that a talented 21 year old man playing on an improved team will improve enough to make some noise. I think you've also got to love that he's pushing himself, there's nothing wrong with setting yourself a high goal.

I do think it's unlikely that he'll win the MVP this season, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him in the conversation, and I definitely think he can win one in the future.

Yep, but he has a lot of work to do to even be in the discussion. He still has to beat out the top talent in the league and as of right now, it's very, very unlikely.

Rose asked: "why can't I be MVP?", and there are numerous reasons onto why he can't.

rockets-fan
09-28-2010, 11:21 PM
he knows hes not winning it...its confidence whats wrong with that? and what if for some bizzare reason he somehow does have a better season that anyone else? its the nba you never know

Stunner
09-28-2010, 11:23 PM
That's really not an impressive resume to garner an MVP.

He has a lot to do in a full season to be considered top 5 in MVP, and a lot of the things you pointed out doesn't necessarily mean MVP type seasons. We've seen a couple #1 picks who really deserved to be near the top 15 or even 2nd round.

All-Star events are not even considered in MVP's.. Scoring 36 points doesn't mean MVP, heck i'll vouch for him if he can do it on a constant basis. Rookie accomplishments are not even considered.. And being an all-star for the Bulls doesn't mean MVP just because he's the first to do so after MJ/Pippen.. It just means the Bulls haven't had a good player in a long while.

And taking a team to the 1st round, favorites to lose the series, isn't going to win an MVP any points considering MVP's are only for the regular season.

Last but not least, we all know Durant deserves credit for the World Championship.. Let's not pretend like Rose was the biggest reason or was even that much of a contributer.

It's good to have the confidence but he has a lot of work to do.

I didnt put the list up to show why he should be a MVP, i put it up to show what he has done in 2 years. The third year is always a big year for young players. Jus like Durant took a big leap in his 3rd season. We have to see will Rose take that leap and that step to become one of the best and if he is up to the task.

Sergio1984
09-28-2010, 11:24 PM
I'm sure people prefer for him to have low expectations right? Though this shouldn't of been posted here because of all the hatred towards Rose, there is absolutely nothing wrong with him saying that. He probably won't be an MVP any time soon but that's the attitude you want from all your players.

Sox72
09-28-2010, 11:24 PM

You wanna sig bet on that?

Carter305
09-28-2010, 11:26 PM
because you OVERRRRRRRATEDDDD!!! Domm domm domm doomm domm OVERRRATEDDD!!! lets see why you wont be mvp...LEBRON WADE DURANT KOBE D.HOWARD CARMELO...yea i think thats explains it!!! good for your confidence though

Super.
09-28-2010, 11:31 PM

* #1 overall pick in the NBA Tom Brady was a 6th Rounder in the NFL. What does being the 1st overall pick have to do with being an MVP
* Won All-Stars Skills Challenge (was the youngest player to win it). Paul Pierce won the 3 point shootout, and Wade was the All-Star game's MVP. Do they get extra votes for winning these too?
* One of the youngest rookie ever to score 36 points in his Playoff Debut. This is a legit reason
* Won Rookie of the Year. Legit reason
* 1st NBA All-Rookie Team. Legit Reason
* Became first all-star since MJ/Pip era - in 12 years. Rose was the first All-Star in Chicago since MJ/Pippen? That's sad. All Star? Good achievement, being the first in Chicago in 12 years? I kinda wish you hadn't told me that
* Took the team to playoff both of the years. And Lost in the 1st round both times, once almost letting Rondo average a triple double against him
* Won the Gold Medal in the World Championships.Rose was TERRIBLE in Fiba. There was a reason why Westbrook and Chauncey both played more minutes over Rose

But a MVP award isn't about previous achievements, If it was...KG would have a legit shot.

Rose has a TON of upside, but he's not even close to MVP caliber right now

Stunner
09-28-2010, 11:34 PM
But a MVP award isn't about previous achievements, If it was...KG would have a legit shot.

Rose has a TON of upside, but he's not even close to MVP caliber right now

Again read the whole thread before u post. I put it up to show what he has done in his 2 season. To promote him as an MVP players. I was saying if he could do all this, one day he could become a MVP player.

1-800-STFU
09-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Bulls fan here.

Rose wont be a MVP type for a awhile still, needs to develop a 3pter and better PG skills. But when that all comes together I think his peak will be pre-knee injury Baron Davis. Thats one hell of a peak if you remember Baron back in the day. If he reaches that he will at least be in the conversation.

Baller1
09-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Bulls fan here.

Rose wont be a MVP type for a awhile still, needs to develop a 3pter and better PG skills. But when that all comes together I think his peak will be pre-knee injury Baron Davis. Thats one hell of a peak if you remember Baron back in the day. If he reaches that he will at least be in the conversation.

Fair enough. I can agree with just about everything you said here. Damn, I wish Baron would have stayed healthy and focused.

Wilson
09-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Yep, but he has a lot of work to do to even be in the discussion. He still has to beat out the top talent in the league and as of right now, it's very, very unlikely.

Rose asked: "why can't I be MVP?", and there are numerous reasons onto why he can't.

Yeah he absolutely has a lot of work to do, but I think he's capable of doing it. He's obviously motivated, and at 21 years old it's not out of the question to expect a major growth in his game and/or basketball IQ.

One thing I forgot to mention is the voters' willingness to vote for some of the other candidates. The Lakers and Heat are seen as the most stacked teams in the league, which could hinder the chances of Kobe Bryant, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade. After that the only clear cut candidate right now is Kevin Durant, who I have a lot of faith in but is playing the tough West and has a team which is relying on a lot of players' growth.

_KB24_
09-28-2010, 11:57 PM
The way its written it may be taken out of context. Obviously their is a list full of more deserving players, but who the hell honestly predicted Durant to have such a MONSTER season last year and for the Thunder to be on such a rise? Heck, the Bulls and Rose can very much be the Thunder of last year and I don't see why Rose can't be their leader. I always liked the kid's demeanor, to me he is the more sensible Stevie Francis in all honestly. God, I can't get over Stevie Franchise! You had so much -bleepin- potential! :mad:

ramsizzle
09-28-2010, 11:58 PM
How old was Kobe when he when his MVP? Nash? Bron? Kg? Td? Shaq? Rose is twenty freaking one and has a team around him finally. Everyone flat hating on this kid for no reason. It's ridiculous.

NPH
09-29-2010, 12:03 AM
Because he's illiterate.

tredigs
09-29-2010, 12:10 AM
How old was Kobe when he when his MVP? Nash? Bron? Kg? Td? Shaq? Rose is twenty freaking one and has a team around him finally. Everyone flat hating on this kid for no reason. It's ridiculous.

You just proved the point: HE ISN'T READY (may some day be ready, may not. He has a lot of work to do).

Rose SAID HIMSELF, "I see no reason why I can't be the best player in the NBA and win MVP this season". Well, you answered it. He isn't there, and shouldn't be expected to be (I honestly cannot comprehend how he is saying this after the performance he just saw KD have as he watched along with everyone else during the FIBA tourney).

I also don't see how any of you can take this as "hating" on Rose. It's a fact. The kid has a number of glaring holes in his game, and won't be playing on a team with a top 3 record (he also may not even be the best player on his team). I think he'll be a solid co-star alongside Boozer, with Noah being their heart and pulse in the interior.

bull02198
09-29-2010, 12:12 AM
If I'm Derrick Rose, I don't want anyone telling me I can't be an MVP one day. Derrick is a talent and a great kid. He didn't say "I WILL win MVP this year" and act like a d-bag. He's not gonna be the MVP this year, but he wants people to take him and the Bulls seriously.

TheHoopsProphet
09-29-2010, 12:12 AM
Look I have no ill-will towards Derrick Rose as a person, he seems like a nice guy. But the fact that he's already thinking he's entitled to an MVP award even though he's proven absolutely nothing that an MVP-type player should, bothers me. This trend of young players thinking they're entitled to everything just because they were high draft picks. He's a hard worker I'm sure, but its also his job to realize that hard work onto the court not through interviews.

Draco
09-29-2010, 12:18 AM
Look I have no ill-will towards Derrick Rose as a person, he seems like a nice guy. But the fact that he's already thinking he's entitled to an MVP award even though he's proven absolutely nothing that an MVP-type player should, bothers me. This trend of young players thinking they're entitled to everything just because they were high draft picks. He's a hard worker I'm sure, but its also his job to realize that hard work onto the court not through interviews.

lol. what a load of crap. An individual expectation on the upcoming season doesn't equate to a sense of entitlement.

And that last sentence is priceless.

Evolution23
09-29-2010, 12:25 AM

This. I want my best player on my team to say that and believe that. It all starts with having a winning attitude and translating that to on the court.

Ovratd1up
09-29-2010, 12:27 AM
Good job Derrick Rose, keep working for that (unrealistic) goal. That's all I have to say.

Guru™
09-29-2010, 12:29 AM
I like the confidence personally.

Sir Buckets
09-29-2010, 12:36 AM
lol, keep on hating you neanderthals. There is no ceiling for Derrick Rose, and he can achieve anything he puts his mind to. He has the perfect blend of raw talent, dedication, and humbleness.

Ovratd1up
09-29-2010, 12:40 AM
lol, keep on hating you neanderthals. There is no ceiling for Derrick Rose, and he can achieve anything he puts his mind to. He has the perfect blend of raw talent, dedication, and humbleness.

Youth is also relatively important here. People act like he'll never improve.

RCarlson85
09-29-2010, 12:40 AM
No way rose wins an MVP as long as people like Lebron, Wade, and Dwight are in the Eastern Conference. He will be lucky to be top 5 in MVP voting in the East. If Carmelo and CP3 find there way to the East, then there will be 2 more people higher on the totem pole than Rose as well.

Cubsfan365
09-29-2010, 12:44 AM
I love how there are so many people on here saying that Rose has no chance and he never will, and he has only been in the league for 2 ****ing seasons. People act like he already hit his ceiling, when the truth is he hasn't come close to the prime of his career yet.

tredigs
09-29-2010, 12:53 AM
I love how there are so many people on here saying that Rose has no chance and he never will, and he has only been in the league for 2 ****ing seasons. People act like he already hit his ceiling, when the truth is he hasn't come close to the prime of his career yet.

And I love how so many of the Chi fans keep saying this, when nobody else is. Again, Rose himself said "THIS YEAR", and that's the bottom line.

Not a big deal, but him and some fellow homer Bulls fans seem to be the only ones who "can't see any reason why I [he] can't be the best player in the NBA this season". He's delusional (or just trying to project an air of confidence), like many of you seem to be while reading this thread.

Cubsfan365
09-29-2010, 12:57 AM
And I love how so many of the Chi fans keep saying this, when nobody else is. Again, Rose himself said "THIS YEAR", and that's the bottom line.

Not a big deal, but him and some fellow homer Bulls fans seem to be the only ones who "can't see any reason why I [he] can't be the best player in the NBA this season". He's delusional (or just trying to project an air of confidence), like many of you seem to be while reading this thread.
He didn't say he will win it this year, he said basically there's a chance. That's why I don't understand why everyone has to get on his case about it. People have no idea what will happen this season or who will be the best. IMO, not very many people would have picked Jose Bautista to be leading the entire MLB by 10 HR's over anyone else with 5 games left, but anything can happen.

justinnum1
09-29-2010, 12:58 AM

This X 100000000000

Baller1
09-29-2010, 01:01 AM

What don't you guys get about everyone's responses here? Everyone is basically agreeing on the same concept here.

He said "Why can't I win it this year?". The answer is simple. Because he's not ready.

You Chicago fans are saying the hate for Rose on this site is overwhelming, yet you guys are so quick to defend him that you can't even comprehend rather simple text.

sep11ie
09-29-2010, 01:02 AM
Yea, Rose should just realize I can't win alone and join a super team... insert eyeroll here.

Give the kid a break, he's young, has drive, and wants to be the best. If eighty percent of the posters here had his ambition maybe they wouldn't be working at Burger King and farting in the bath tub and laughing their ***** off.

Ovratd1up
09-29-2010, 01:03 AM
He didn't say he will win it this year, he said basically there's a chance. That's why I don't understand why everyone has to get on his case about it. People have no idea what will happen this season or who will be the best. IMO, not very many people would have picked Jose Bautista to be leading the entire MLB by 10 HR's over anyone else with 5 games left, but anything can happen.

Not really, it can be said with good certainty that Kevin Durant or Lebron James will win MVP this year.

Cubsfan365
09-29-2010, 01:08 AM
Not really, it can be said with good certainty that Kevin Durant or Lebron James will win MVP this year.
Good certainty isn't completely certainty

ramsizzle
09-29-2010, 01:10 AM

why are you seriously the dumbest thing ever....he obviously needs to earn it. He is saying that why cant he be that good. Look at the step up hes made from year one to two..what about this year? C'MON MAN :confused: you turned a humble kid into a ******* by taking his quote and butchering the context.

REALLYYYYY?
09-29-2010, 01:20 AM
Yea, Rose should just realize I can't win alone and join a super team... insert eyeroll here.

Give the kid a break, he's young, has drive, and wants to be the best. If eighty percent of the posters here had his ambition maybe they wouldn't be working at Burger King and farting in the bath tub and laughing their ***** off.

Lol. Awesome.

koreancabbage
09-29-2010, 01:22 AM
damn son, stop smoking it up with Noah. you're good team players but in no way elite players

koreancabbage
09-29-2010, 01:28 AM

yet there is the polar side of all arguments, inside of PSD. where overrating of Derrick Rose is an every day thing.
and how can you say its the truth when you don't even know how good/bad he will be

i'm just saying: he's young and he's quick and he's more of an athletic PG who can score in bunches but in no way he's MVP material yet (maybe never?) there are only a hand full of PGs who are better than Rose right now, but all those guards are elite guards and right now, Rose isn't one of them.

the truth is, he's got potential, but that's all we know.

JiffyMix88
09-29-2010, 01:33 AM
I like how everyone in here who r saying that there are more players who haven't won it yet and because these players so and so are still playing he wont win it... heard of injuries? and also if he comes out not saying he will but averages 30 pts 14 ast and lead the bulls to the best record he's not deserving of it but someone else should get it because they've been in the league longer or because they're a superstar should get?

bodupp311
09-29-2010, 01:35 AM
"Why can't I be MVP"?

I'll tell ya, D. Rose. Remember that kid your age who just dominated the FIBA tournament and completely outclassed you (hell, Westbrook probably slightly outclassed him) while winning the tournament MVP? Well, he plays in the NBA. And his team is probably going to be better than your team. At the very least, they'll be about equal.

Outside of that - Lebron, Wade, Kobe, and Dwight Howard are all still playing in the NBA... for great teams, so I don't exactly like his chances as a top 5 candidate (even if he plays out of his g'damn mind this season). Also, MVP's are generally top 3 in at least one major counting stat, and upper tier in PER. He won't be top 5 in any, and may not be top 10 in any.

Gotta like the confidence, but he's a top ~6 or so NBA pg, and the MVP talk is hilariously premature at this point in his career.

Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Durant

... :laugh2:

Oh gee look, the same exact people who come into every single DRose thread to *****, moan & complain.

Get. A. Damn. Life.

bodupp311
09-29-2010, 01:39 AM
yet there is the polar side of all arguments, inside of PSD. where overrating of Derrick Rose is an every day thing.
and how can you say its the truth when you don't even know how good/bad he will be

i'm just saying: he's young and he's quick and he's more of an athletic PG who can score in bunches but in no way he's MVP material yet (maybe never?) there are only a hand full of PGs who are better than Rose right now, but all those guards are elite guards and right now, Rose isn't one of them.

the truth is, he's got potential, but that's all we know.

You wanna know whats really overrating?

The people that think people overrate Drose, THEY are waaay overrated.

Your post, as well, is overrated.

People that hate all things DRose yet still cant avoid a DRose thread are overrated.

TheHoopsProphet
09-29-2010, 01:45 AM
players that have a better chance of winning mvp than rose:

1. Lebron
2. Wade
3. Kobe
4. Pau
5. Derron Williams
6. Dwight Howard
7. Rajon Rondo
8. Dirk
9. Durant
10. Carmelo
11. Roy

If rose ends up winning over those players (which he wont), it will be because of the media's hard-on for fresh faced mvps

JiffyMix88
09-29-2010, 01:45 AM
You wanna know whats really overrating?

The people that think people overrate Drose, THEY are waaay overrated.

Your post, as well, is overrated.

People that hate all things DRose yet still cant avoid a DRose thread are overrated.

lmao both post

Blackmoon1104
09-29-2010, 01:52 AM
Dude he's not saying he's the MVP right now. What he's saying is he doesn't see why it's impossible for him to get to that level. Why shouldn't he have those aspirations?

bodupp311
09-29-2010, 01:53 AM
players that have a better chance of winning mvp than rose:

1. Lebron
2. Wade
3. Kobe
4. Pau
5. Derron Williams
6. Dwight Howard
7. Rajon Rondo
8. Dirk
9. Durant
10. Carmelo
11. Roy

If rose ends up winning over those players (which he wont), it will be because of the media's hard-on for fresh faced mvps

Yeah, it sure as hell wont be b/c he worked hard & deserved it. God knows the media loooooves DRose. I mean remember the non stop coverage about him wanting to be traded prior to the 2007 season or play in New York with Amare or that 1 hour special he had, oh wait....

D Roses Bulls
09-29-2010, 01:55 AM
I like how most of the Bulls fans are just ignoring the Miami fans. a lot of mods wanna know why bulls fans go after miami fans, because of the bone headed things they say like in this thread. a lot of them wanna sit there and say crap like oh rose wasnt that good in the fiba tournament...... well he was the starting pg for the GOLD MEDAL WINNING TEAM. what did wade and lebron do their first fiba tournament? oh yea lost to puerto rico.

xxcubs22xx
09-29-2010, 01:57 AM
Rose's individual expectations for next season are rightfully whatever he wants them to be. There isn't a right or wrong answer for him to give. His answer doesn't have to be a realistic assessment of goals. It could simply be an expression of confidence. It's a bait thread.. like the majority of Rose related threads on this forum. So yeah, I'd consider a lot of the responses in this thread to be boneheaded.

THANK YOU for taking the words right out of my mouth.

D Rose is a playmaker. Therefore, he may soon (in his career-soon) be considered a possibility to win MVP.

He's just expressing his confidence.

bodupp311
Dude he's not saying he's the MVP right now. What he's saying is he doesn't see why it's impossible for him to get to that level. Why shouldn't he have those aspirations?

Because people in the NBA forum can't read or interpret what he said into just being confident or believing he can take his game to the next level.

That and apparently Drose got their sister pregnant.

And they are PISSED!

But they'll swear its because these DRose threads magnetically pull them in here & FORCE them to post.

Damn DRose.

Ezekial
I for one would rather have him say he will never amount to anything :facepalm:

Go hate somewhere else.

JayHunter
09-29-2010, 02:07 AM
i like his mind frame

Branwegner84
09-29-2010, 02:17 AM

Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Durant

Can't see either Wade or Lebron winning a MVP. Durant, yes, Wade and Lebron, no.

Baller1
09-29-2010, 02:18 AM
I like how most of the Bulls fans are just ignoring the Miami fans. a lot of mods wanna know why bulls fans go after miami fans, because of the bone headed things they say like in this thread. a lot of them wanna sit there and say crap like oh rose wasnt that good in the fiba tournament...... well he was the starting pg for the GOLD MEDAL WINNING TEAM. what did wade and lebron do their first fiba tournament? oh yea lost to puerto rico.

He really was not very good in the FIBA tournament. I don't understand your point here. If you really think Rose played well in the tournament then, well, you weren't really watching or haven't seen the statistics that prove it.

Baller1
09-29-2010, 02:22 AM
Oh gee look, the same exact people who come into every single DRose thread to *****, moan & complain.

Get. A. Damn. Life.

Ready for some irony? Alright, good.

"Oh gee look, it's all the same exact Chicago fans who come into every DRose thread to *****, moan, and complain about those people who *****, moan, and complain".

Red222
09-29-2010, 02:23 AM
as "the guy" I want him to say that and believe it any other fans would what their star player to say that too but since you guys dislike d rose you cant see this but its whatever believe what you want.

bbcmillionaire
But I guess if(your young and highly) talented pg made this comment it would be ok? Lol I swear what ever bias you have against a fan base should not cloud your judgement of a player. I love kobes, lebrons, rondos, and anyone who play at a high level overall game. Sometimes the Nba forum amazes me, sure rose's goals are lofty at best, but who wouldn't want their best player to have that mentality?

D Roses Bulls
He really was not very good in the FIBA tournament. I don't understand your point here. If you really think Rose played well in the tournament then, well, you weren't really watching or haven't seen the statistics that prove it.

my point was it was his first fiba tournament. go and look at the tapes, and coach k's interviews about rose. he was there to penetrate and break down the defense. his job wasn't to score..... thats what durrants job was. if he was so bad, how did he keep his starting job all that time? he did what he was suppose to plain and simple. no point guard in fiba history averaged 7 or 8 assists a game. they won the gold medal with him starting.

bodupp311
09-29-2010, 02:25 AM

He wasnt saying DRose played well. He was implying that Bron & Wade lost in their 1st FIBA tourney. Meaning, even the best(God knows I'm not talking about DRose) can & do struggle in their 1st international experience. Not all....SOME.

Sadds The Gr8
09-29-2010, 02:30 AM
because there's like 15+ players better than him?

Baller1
09-29-2010, 02:30 AM
my point was it was his first fiba tournament. go and look at the tapes, and coach k's interviews about rose. he was there to penetrate and break down the defense. his job wasn't to score..... thats what durrants job was. if he was so bad, how did he keep his starting job all that time? he did what he was suppose to plain and simple. no point guard in fiba history averaged 7 or 8 assists a game. they won the gold medal with him starting.

It was a lot of players' first FIBA tournament. Kevin Durant and Kevin Love were absolutely incredible in their first go-around. That's a terrible argument.

Here's the statistics before the Championship game (if I'm not mistaken):

No Player Tm G Min Poss PProd ORtg %Pos DRtg Floor% Stops Stop%
5 Kevin Durant USA 8 205 108.5 132.5 122.1 26.6 79.1 0.550 59.0 0.725
4 C Billups USA 8 179 68.4 79.3 115.9 19.2 89.7 0.510 34.0 0.478
9 Andre Iguodala USA 8 172 46.2 45.4 98.2 13.5 81.3 0.460 46.0 0.672
6 Derrick Rose USA 8 171 66.3 70.0 105.6 19.5 84.2 0.495 41.2 0.607
14 Lamar Odom USA 8 166 47.6 44.8 94.2 14.4 82.0 0.462 43.3 0.657
8 Rudy Gay USA 8 133 57.0 70.7 124.0 21.6 83.9 0.568 32.4 0.614
17 R Westbrook USA 8 118 50.3 58.6 116.6 21.4 87.5 0.561 24.8 0.530
16 Eric Gordon USA 8 116 48.4 53.8 111.2 21.0 87.8 0.447 24.2 0.524
15 Tyson Chandler USA 8 89 16.7 18.4 110.4 9.4 85.4 0.558 20.5 0.579
18 Stephen Curry USA 7 78 40.5 35.0 86.4 26.2 84.9 0.390 18.3 0.591
10 Danny Granger USA 6 75 28.0 25.3 90.5 18.8 90.8 0.421 13.5 0.454
13 Kevin Love USA 7 65 41.2 49.8 121.1 31.9 70.7 0.562 23.7 0.919
7 Rajon Rondo USA 2 33 14.4 11.4 79.1 22.0 83.0 0.379 8.3 0.633

No Player Tm G Min MPG P/36 2P% 3P% FT% TS% %FGA FTr 3Ptd
5 Kevin Durant USA 8 205 25.6 25.3 54.1 40.7 88.6 61.9 29.4% 34.7 26.7
4 C Billups USA 8 179 22.4 16.3 53.8 34.4 71.4 57.6 19.3% 48.3 55.2
9 Andre Iguodala USA 8 172 21.5 8.0 57.9 25.0 58.3 52.4 10.8% 38.7 38.7
6 Derrick Rose USA 8 171 21.4 14.3 61.0 36.4 66.7 60.8 18.2% 17.3 21.2
14 Lamar Odom USA 8 166 20.8 9.3 57.6 16.7 22.2 50.0 14.0% 23.1 15.4
8 Rudy Gay USA 8 133 16.6 20.8 52.6 38.9 72.7 58.6 25.1% 39.3 32.1
17 R Westbrook USA 8 118 14.8 17.4 57.1 66.7 68.8 63.3 19.2% 42.1 7.9
16 Eric Gordon USA 8 116 14.5 20.2 47.4 43.8 62.5 59.6 26.2% 15.7 62.7
15 Tyson Chandler USA 8 89 11.1 7.3 80.0 33.3 71.2 6.7% 60.0 0.0
18 Stephen Curry USA 7 78 11.1 14.3 57.9 18.8 44.3 26.8% 0.0 45.7
10 Danny Granger USA 6 75 12.5 11.5 53.3 20.0 50.0 44.8 19.9% 16.0 40.0
13 Kevin Love USA 7 65 9.3 24.9 57.7 42.9 75.0 61.6 30.3% 24.2 21.2
7 Rajon Rondo USA 2 33 16.5 8.7 57.1 57.1 12.7% 0.0 0.0

By no means was Derrick Rose necessarily "bad", but there were a lot of better first-time participants. Those being Durant, Love, Gay, Westbrook, and Gordon.

Again, not "bad" but not good enough.

bodupp311
09-29-2010, 02:33 AM
Ready for some irony? Alright, good.

"Oh gee look, it's all the same exact Chicago fans who come into every DRose thread to *****, moan, and complain about those people who *****, moan, and complain".

Actually I'm here to read & post about MY FAVORITE PLAYER Derrick Rose.

But guess what, when I see the same people(you included) come in & piss on anything remotely positive about DRose, I AM GONNA SAY SOMETHING.

Its pathetically evident you dont like DRose yet, here you are, EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME.

If there were threads about Westbrook showing confidence in his game good for him. I wouldn't feel the need to jump in the thread & even if I did I'm pretty sure I could refrain from posting a comment. I hate every single NBA team & player not on The Bulls but if I see a thread I dont like or agree with....I IGNORE IT!

And before you say you hate Bulls homers who constantly post DRose threads remember one thing....this thread was created by a non-Bulls fans bashing him.

But naturally, its left open to continue the Drose bashing, which I'm sick of.

Afridi786
09-29-2010, 02:34 AM
Yeah, if he doesn't think he can be the best player in the league or win MVP if he works hard enough, than he shouldn't be playing basketball.

Red222
09-29-2010, 02:35 AM
yeah, he doesn't think he can be the best player in the league or win mvp if he works hard enough, than he shouldn't be playing basketball.

+50000000000000000

D Roses Bulls
09-29-2010, 02:36 AM
It was a lot of players' first FIBA tournament. Kevin Durant and Kevin Love were absolutely incredible in their first go-around. That's a terrible argument.

Here's the statistics before the Championship game (if I'm not mistaken):

No Player Tm G Min Poss PProd ORtg %Pos DRtg Floor% Stops Stop%
5 Kevin Durant USA 8 205 108.5 132.5 122.1 26.6 79.1 0.550 59.0 0.725
4 C Billups USA 8 179 68.4 79.3 115.9 19.2 89.7 0.510 34.0 0.478
9 Andre Iguodala USA 8 172 46.2 45.4 98.2 13.5 81.3 0.460 46.0 0.672
6 Derrick Rose USA 8 171 66.3 70.0 105.6 19.5 84.2 0.495 41.2 0.607
14 Lamar Odom USA 8 166 47.6 44.8 94.2 14.4 82.0 0.462 43.3 0.657
8 Rudy Gay USA 8 133 57.0 70.7 124.0 21.6 83.9 0.568 32.4 0.614
17 R Westbrook USA 8 118 50.3 58.6 116.6 21.4 87.5 0.561 24.8 0.530
16 Eric Gordon USA 8 116 48.4 53.8 111.2 21.0 87.8 0.447 24.2 0.524
15 Tyson Chandler USA 8 89 16.7 18.4 110.4 9.4 85.4 0.558 20.5 0.579
18 Stephen Curry USA 7 78 40.5 35.0 86.4 26.2 84.9 0.390 18.3 0.591
10 Danny Granger USA 6 75 28.0 25.3 90.5 18.8 90.8 0.421 13.5 0.454
13 Kevin Love USA 7 65 41.2 49.8 121.1 31.9 70.7 0.562 23.7 0.919
7 Rajon Rondo USA 2 33 14.4 11.4 79.1 22.0 83.0 0.379 8.3 0.633

No Player Tm G Min MPG P/36 2P% 3P% FT% TS% %FGA FTr 3Ptd
5 Kevin Durant USA 8 205 25.6 25.3 54.1 40.7 88.6 61.9 29.4% 34.7 26.7
4 C Billups USA 8 179 22.4 16.3 53.8 34.4 71.4 57.6 19.3% 48.3 55.2
9 Andre Iguodala USA 8 172 21.5 8.0 57.9 25.0 58.3 52.4 10.8% 38.7 38.7
6 Derrick Rose USA 8 171 21.4 14.3 61.0 36.4 66.7 60.8 18.2% 17.3 21.2
14 Lamar Odom USA 8 166 20.8 9.3 57.6 16.7 22.2 50.0 14.0% 23.1 15.4
8 Rudy Gay USA 8 133 16.6 20.8 52.6 38.9 72.7 58.6 25.1% 39.3 32.1
17 R Westbrook USA 8 118 14.8 17.4 57.1 66.7 68.8 63.3 19.2% 42.1 7.9
16 Eric Gordon USA 8 116 14.5 20.2 47.4 43.8 62.5 59.6 26.2% 15.7 62.7
15 Tyson Chandler USA 8 89 11.1 7.3 80.0 33.3 71.2 6.7% 60.0 0.0
18 Stephen Curry USA 7 78 11.1 14.3 57.9 18.8 44.3 26.8% 0.0 45.7
10 Danny Granger USA 6 75 12.5 11.5 53.3 20.0 50.0 44.8 19.9% 16.0 40.0
13 Kevin Love USA 7 65 9.3 24.9 57.7 42.9 75.0 61.6 30.3% 24.2 21.2
7 Rajon Rondo USA 2 33 16.5 8.7 57.1 57.1 12.7% 0.0 0.0

By no means was Derrick Rose necessarily "bad", but there were a lot of better first-time participants. Those being Durant, Love, Gay, Westbrook, and Gordon.

Again, not "bad" but not good enough.

dude you really have to read what I said. Roses job wasnt to score, it was to penetrate and kick out. does that always lead to an assist? No! because it might take more then 1 or 2 passes to find the open man. rose definitely freed up love and durrant a lot. those players you mentioned durrant, love, gay were there to score. nothing else. when they were in the game, they were shooting. that wasnt roses job, like i said go watch coach k's interviews when asked what roses roll was or go and watch the replays of some of the game.

Baller1
09-29-2010, 02:39 AM
Actually I'm here to read & post about MY FAVORITE PLAYER Derrick Rose.

But guess what, when I see the same people(you included) come in & piss on anything remotely positive about DRose, I AM GONNA SAY SOMETHING.

Its pathetically evident you dont like DRose yet, here you are, EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME.

If there were threads about Westbrook showing confidence in his game good for him. I wouldn't feel the need to jump in the thread & even if I did I'm pretty sure I could refrain from posting a comment. I hate every single NBA team & player not on The Bulls but if I see a thread I dont like or agree with....I IGNORE IT!

And before you say you hate Bulls homers who constantly post DRose threads remember one thing....this thread was created by a non-Bulls fans bashing him.

But naturally, its left open to continue the Drose bashing, which I'm sick of.

Obviously you haven't noticed, but I'm in close to just about every thread in the NBA Forum. So no, I'm not just prowling the forum waiting for a Rose thread. Sorry.

Sadds The Gr8
09-29-2010, 02:41 AM
dude you really have to read what I said. Roses job wasnt to score, it was to penetrate and kick out. does that always lead to an assist? No! because it might take more then 1 or 2 passes to find the open man. rose definitely freed up love and durrant a lot. those players you mentioned durrant, love, gay were there to score. nothing else. when they were in the game, they were shooting. that wasnt roses job, like i said go watch coach k's interviews when asked what roses roll was or go and watch the replays of some of the game.

so u mean to say that EVERYTIME Rose touched the ball this is what he didor had to do? bull ****.:bs:

Baller1
09-29-2010, 02:46 AM

It was unanimously (or close to it) decided that Westbrook was penetrating the defense better than anyone in the tournament. Rose turned the ball over a lot (although all of team USA did), and he didn't do much rebounding.

So let me ask you this then; if Rose's only job was to penetrate, kick out, and be a facilitator, then why did he average such a low amount of assists and attempt the 4th highest amount of shots throughout the tourney?

bodupp311
09-29-2010, 02:47 AM
Obviously you haven't noticed, but I'm in close to just about every thread in the NBA Forum. So no, I'm not just prowling the forum waiting for a Rose thread. Sorry.

Apparently you can't read b/c I said I dont go into non-Bulls threads.

As for the second part, it sure as hell seems like you do.

I'll give you an example: You like Westbrook right?

Do you think he's better than Rose?

If so, great.

Go create a thread about him.

Hell, create 500.

Have pride in him.

If Westbrook believes he can win MVP, even better.

You should want him to think like that. It shows confidence in himself. He believes he can get to the next level.

So, whys it a crime for DRose to believe that?

Are you that blinded by DRose hate that what I said doesnt make sense?

See how easy that was.

bodupp311
09-29-2010, 02:55 AM
It was unanimously (or close to it) decided that Westbrook was penetrating the defense better than anyone in the tournament. Rose turned the ball over a lot (although all of team USA did), and he didn't do much rebounding.

So let me ask you this then; if Rose's only job was to penetrate, kick out, and be a facilitator, then why did he average such a low amount of assists and attempt the 4th highest amount of shots throughout the tourney?

Are you really gonna go there?

So, if you're favorite player ever has bad stretch, we can come back to that as a reference point?

Get over it,

Yes DRose didnt play his best, WE KNOW THAT.

What I also know is that was International play & this thread is about him possibly winning the NBA MVP.

Albeit, a thread created for DRose bashers.

Baller1
09-29-2010, 02:55 AM
Apparently you can't read b/c I said I dont go into non-Bulls threads.

As for the second part, it sure as hell seems like you do.

I'll give you an example: You like Westbrook right?

Do you think he's better than Rose?

If so, great.

Go create a thread about him.

Hell, create 500.

Have pride in him.

If Westbrook believes he can win MVP, even better.

You should want him to think like that. It shows confidence in himself. He believes he can get to the next level.

So, whys it a crime for DRose to believe that?

Are you that blinded by DRose hate that what I said doesnt make sense?

See how easy that was.

If Westbrook said "Why can't he win MVP?", I'd be embarrassed for him. Because he stands no chance of winning MVP at this point in his career. If he said something along the lines of "Someday I'll win an MVP", or "Durant is going to win MVP this year, then all the power to him.

But, that's where Rose screwed up. Saying "this year", immediately gives people all the reason to question him. He has NO CHANCE of winning MVP this season, and that's the point everyone's been trying to make.

Baller1
09-29-2010, 02:57 AM
Are you really gonna go there?

So, if you're favorite player ever has bad stretch, we can come back to that as a reference point?

Get over it,

Yes DRose didnt play his best, WE KNOW THAT.

What I also know is that was International play & this thread is about him possibly winning the NBA MVP.

Albeit, a thread created for DRose bashers.

A Chicago fan brought up the FIBA tournament. Good try though.

And bad stretch? One, it wasn't bad it just wasn't great. Two, it wasn't a "stretch", it was an entire tournament of mediocre play.

Bullsfan22
09-29-2010, 02:57 AM
I knew this would get carried away. Your best player has to show confidence, It's just his way of doing it. Because this is D.Rose and people in the nba forum act like he stole their social security number and ruined their credit, it gets blown out of proportion. seen this all before it seems like people find a Rose quote and turn it into a thread for fun so all the posters that don't like him or jealous they don't have a player of his skill set can bash all Bulls fans for being HOMERS and try to bait them. tsk tsk.

laughing at the kid that has had "westbrook>rose" in his sig for the past year. Random much? you that obsessed with rose to make it a point that you THINK he's better than Rose in every post?

I would love to know the average age and what people do with their life in this forum.

Khalifa21
09-29-2010, 03:03 AM
Have a season of 24-25 ppg, 5-6 rpg, 10-11 apg and 2-3 spg, lead the Bulls to the top of the East and 60+ wins and you can start being considered MVP material... As for now, you simply aren't elite.

bodupp311
09-29-2010, 03:03 AM
If Westbrook said "Why can't he win MVP?", I'd be embarrassed for him. Because he stands no chance of winning MVP at this point in his career. If he said something along the lines of "Someday I'll win an MVP", or "Durant is going to win MVP this year, then all the power to him.

But, that's where Rose screwed up. Saying "this year", immediately gives people all the reason to question him. He has NO CHANCE of winning MVP this season, and that's the point everyone's been trying to make.

Rose didnt screw up. Has the season started? Are you physhic?

Never, will you or anybody tell me he has NO CHANCE, because you sure as hell dont know.

Since you'll just find another way to get around that arguement, I'm done with you.

Everyone knows why you're here.

To bash Drose in every single way.

Welcome to the ignore list.

Baller1
09-29-2010, 03:06 AM
Rose didnt screw up. Has the season started? Are you physhic?

Never, will you or anybody tell me he has NO CHANCE, because you sure as hell dont know.

Since you'll just find another way to get around that arguement, I'm done with you.

Everyone knows why you're here.

To bash Drose in every single way.

Welcome to the ignore list.

Thank you for being polite about it. I feel very welcome now, I appreciate it.

Afridi786
09-29-2010, 03:09 AM
“Why can’t I be the MVP of the league,” he said. “Why can’t I be the best player in the league? I don’t see why (not). Why can’t I do that? I dedicate myself to the game and sacrifice a lot of things, and I know if I do what I can get out of it.”
Here's what he said after he mentioned MVP. Big deal out of nothing at all. It's not like he said he is the best player or will be, that's his goal, and only people with those goals get there, not the ones who think they can't do it.

Bulls_fan90
09-29-2010, 03:23 AM

Westbrook will NEVER come close to winning an MVP.

Kyben36
09-29-2010, 03:27 AM
Its very posible, 22 points 8 assist would get him in the conversation, the bulls being #1-#2 in the east would help even more. I think that D Wade James and Bosh are out of the conversation. I definitly think he will be in talks, wining or not is another story, but typicaly winning teams have the MVP, and alot of MVP caliber players art top seeds in there conference. such as Chris paul and D Williams.

dodie53
09-29-2010, 04:00 AM
29 ppg,
4 rpg,
7 apg,
60 win season,
all star selection.

D Roses Bulls
09-29-2010, 04:04 AM

again you didn't read most of my post, you just skimmed it probably. when you penetrate and kick the ball out, it doesnt always mean its going to lead to an assist. once the defense collapses down on you, you kick it out, but who you kick it out to might not have the shot because that man's defender was able to recover and get back on so you push it inside or to another outside player. so that means that the person who started the kick out wont always get the assist and if that was his job to penetrate then thats why his assists didnt average up to what you expect good is for some reason. second, if your job is to penetrate, sometimes you are gonna have to put up the shot as well. if you didnt everyone else knows your just gonna pass it out. maybe he didnt always convert on his shots, but like you even said, he was solid. oh and i dont know what you are talking about rose turning the ball over. he had 2 bad games besides that durrant averaged more turnovers then rose and durrant doesnt even do the majority of the ball handling. actually durrant led the team in turnovers. whats that about?

bodupp311
09-29-2010, 04:21 AM
I knew this would get carried away. Your best player has to show confidence, It's just his way of doing it. Because this is D.Rose and people in the nba forum act like he stole their social security number and ruined their credit, it gets blown out of proportion. seen this all before it seems like people find a Rose quote and turn it into a thread for fun so all the posters that don't like him or jealous they don't have a player of his skill set can bash all Bulls fans for being HOMERS and try to bait them. tsk tsk.

laughing at the kid that has had "westbrook>rose" in his sig for the past year. Random much? you that obsessed with rose to make it a point that you THINK he's better than Rose in every post?

I would love to know the average age and what people do with their life in this forum.

:clap:

Just remember: He's not in here to bash Drose :rolleyes:

JiffyMix88
09-29-2010, 04:34 AM

I like Derrick Rose to have better numbers than Westbrook by the end of the regular season

abe_froman
09-29-2010, 04:42 AM
zomg!! everyone.derrick rose said something,so lets all act as immature as possible,whine and cry about him(or anything bulls).i mean seriously,it like your brains shut off at the mere mention of his name...this is of course,aside from the double standard that he's held to v. what any other player in the league says

JordansBulls
09-29-2010, 08:09 AM
Rose certainly can. If Steve Nash won MVP averaging 15 and 11 and wasn't even a superstar until like his 10th year in the league than Rose can win 1 as well. Not sure he will though.

pebloemer
09-29-2010, 08:25 AM
I really have no problem with him saying that. He's a former #1 overall pick, entering his 3rd season and all he's trying to do is be the best. Can't hate on that.

This. Rose is just saying what people in his position say to show confidence.

"Why can't I be MVP"?

This is the answer to his "rhetorical" question.

Wilson
09-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Guys just chill out a bit, the quality is slipping a lot over the last few pages. Just relax and don't make it personal please.

utahjazzno12fan
09-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Without reading all the comments, I don't think he is saying he should be voted MVP with what he is done, he is just asking what would stop him from working hard and becoming MVP. It is more of a rhetorical question of saying he doesn't see anything stopping him if he continues to improve.

D Roses Bulls
09-29-2010, 08:43 AM
so u mean to say that EVERYTIME Rose touched the ball this is what he didor had to do? bull ****.:bs:

:facepalm: did I say that? please point that out where I said that. so if I said Kobe's job was to score then I guess he shoots everytime he touches the ball.

Ace33Bone
09-29-2010, 08:46 AM
Yeah I am not looking too far into this... I think it was merely him saying that he is going to come out this season and work as hard as ever on improving his weaknesses and adding to his stregnths... All in all great confidence and the best in the league need that chip on their shoulder to get to that top tier

effen5
09-29-2010, 09:18 AM
Man we should all hate on Rose's mentality of trying to be the best....

Nobody wants that on their team right

:rolleyes:

DaBUU
09-29-2010, 09:33 AM
9 pages of retardation

Hawkeye15
09-29-2010, 09:37 AM
2 reasons- He isn't a top 15 player. And his team will not finish with a top 3 record

Slimsim
09-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Two words

Kevin Durant.

SchyGuy11
09-29-2010, 09:49 AM
gotta love the confidence

chin chukwu
09-29-2010, 10:10 AM
i love derrick rose's game. i do agree that the MVP often is in the top 3 in one major statistical category. BUT---let's not be foolish and say that D-Rose doesn't have the TALENT to be the MVP of the league.

DWills
09-29-2010, 10:16 AM
lol @ the people not laughin at this

its all well and good to have confidence and whatnot but come on

this is like philip rivers askin why he cant be the best QB in the league

the answers are obv

daleja424
09-29-2010, 10:29 AM
I like my stars eating their humble pie when they are young... ala Wade back in the day... ala KD right now.

This is funny b/c KD doesnt even think he is worth an MVP yet... and he is a hell of a lot closer than Derrick Rose.

mikantsass
09-29-2010, 10:29 AM
Im not going to read these 9 pages of responses but my opinion is this...

I like his confidence and the fact that he is trying to be a leader on his team. It shows his maturity and growth. But I dont think there is even the slightest chance he wins an MVP in the next 5-7 years. There are so many other, better candidates for that time period.

Also, I glanced at this article the other day and immediately thougt there was going to be a thread made. Im surprised this took so long lol

daleja424
09-29-2010, 10:32 AM
to be fair though, as much as Bulls fans highly overrate Rose (Which lets be fair... this is the first star they have had since Jordan so you can't blame them), some of us also underrate him. I call it the BS response. When you hear homer fans promote something you tend to react against it to even it out.

Now all of that being said, D-Rose has a long way to go to be an MVP...

He should focus on getting the Bulls homecourt...

xxdc2tegxx
09-29-2010, 10:35 AM
If we're simply answering his question -- WHY can't I get MVP? it's pretty plain and simple--for this year However, everybody on this FORUM knows that, that quote set him up to be bashed AND defended by Bulls fans (which I am).

He just said what's on his mind...he's 21 and has been a extremely humble...a little bit too much. Where do you think this -out of nowhere--mentality came from? It wouldn't surprise me if it stems from advice from his peers such Kobe or wade or Durant or even LEBRON. I'm sure coaches, friends, family have told him the same thing. He's just showing confidence at an early age.

On that note:

Is a 25, 8 and 5 season while shooting 48% out of his realm this upcoming year? NOPE...
Can the Bulls potentially get reach 55 wins with the squad they have? Sure
If those two things happen...I'll still be realistic and say he'll only be in the conversation of MVP but to laugh...come on now

Ebbs
09-29-2010, 10:47 AM
I think he would need to put up atleast 25 PPG, 5-6 RPG, 8 APG shooting good %'s and securing atleast a top 3 seed for him to even have a chance. I dont see it happening.

bears88
09-29-2010, 10:48 AM
I see a couple of people hating on Rose. My qustion is why you want to hate on his confidence,we all know he isnt going to win one YET, but everybody is forgetting he is only 21 years old and has plenty of time to work on his game to accomplish the MVP status.Thers nothing wrong of having confidence in himself like that ? people seem want to bash him alot these days. All he needs is time and as he gets more experienced in the NBA. Will he be struggling at times during the season sure who doesnt, but the potential is there. I see him winning one in the future. Winning an All-star MVP is more realistic, but an NBA MVP will be harder to get as thers alot better players right now. Like I said above he will win one in the future.

Sadds The Gr8
09-29-2010, 11:20 AM

:facepalm: did I say that? please point that out where I said that. so if I said Kobe's job was to score then I guess he shoots everytime he touches the ball.

lol that's what u said not me...and why is it that Rose took more shots than Gay and Love if they were there "only to score?" u act like Rose didn't take shots at all which is solely the reason why his scoring #s were low...

8kobe24
09-29-2010, 11:22 AM
I like Rose, he has a ton of upside, and if he has that type of confidence to go along with it then I can see him becoming MVP of this league...but not this year. Everyone is on durant's crotch right now, not to mention there are still guys like Kobe, lebron, wade, etc. He can make a case this year if he can post numbers like 25ppg 8rpg 6apg 2spg and lead the bulls to a 50+ win season ranking at least top 4 in the east.

Baller1
09-29-2010, 11:42 AM
again you didn't read most of my post, you just skimmed it probably. when you penetrate and kick the ball out, it doesnt always mean its going to lead to an assist. once the defense collapses down on you, you kick it out, but who you kick it out to might not have the shot because that man's defender was able to recover and get back on so you push it inside or to another outside player. so that means that the person who started the kick out wont always get the assist and if that was his job to penetrate then thats why his assists didnt average up to what you expect good is for some reason. second, if your job is to penetrate, sometimes you are gonna have to put up the shot as well. if you didnt everyone else knows your just gonna pass it out. maybe he didnt always convert on his shots, but like you even said, he was solid. oh and i dont know what you are talking about rose turning the ball over. he had 2 bad games besides that durrant averaged more turnovers then rose and durrant doesnt even do the majority of the ball handling. actually durrant led the team in turnovers. whats that about?

You're saying his single job on the team was to penetrate and kick. In other words he was supposed to be the facilitator. If that's the case, he should have led the team in assists considering he was the starting PG which you have been constantly repeating. And your argument that it doesn't always result in an assist is merely an excuse. It sucks that I have to use Westbrook as the comparison because you're all just going to write it off as me being biased, but he's the perfect guy to compare him to in this situation. Westbrook didn't start, his job was to be ferocious on the defensive end, and to attack the rim. So tell me, how does a player with a lesser role (not starting) average virtually the same amount of assists, score at a higher rate, and rebound more frequently? As for turnovers, I know Durant turns it over a lot. It's probably his biggest weakness. I don't know where you're going with that.

Baller1
09-29-2010, 11:46 AM
I like my stars eating their humble pie when they are young... ala Wade back in the day... ala KD right now.

This is funny b/c KD doesnt even think he is worth an MVP yet... and he is a hell of a lot closer than Derrick Rose.

I honestly didn't even think about that. Good point.

jzstud4
09-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Rose could win mvp in the future but idk about this yr or the next lol

Jaji
09-29-2010, 12:08 PM
Because there are a lot of players who are better than you? :shrug:

Because your team was the 8th seed? :shrug:

Because you aren't even the best at your position? :shrug:

Because you can't even spell MVP? :laugh2:

MJ-BULLS
09-29-2010, 12:17 PM
I like Rose, he has a ton of upside, and if he has that type of confidence to go along with it then I can see him becoming MVP of this league...but not this year. Everyone is on durant's crotch right now, not to mention there are still guys like Kobe, lebron, wade, etc. He can make a case this year if he can post numbers like 25ppg 8rpg 6apg 2spg and lead the bulls to a 50+ win season ranking at least top 4 in the east.

I agree. i can see Rose winning a mvp at least once in his career. the thing is, durant kobe wade and lebron are still in the league. but i think he can squeak one in there.

jackdawson
09-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Nothing is wrong with him having confidence but he has a long way to go. I don't see him winning MVP while LeBron, Wade, Durant, Kobe, CP3, and Dwight are still around.

dnewguy
09-29-2010, 12:31 PM
"Why can't I be the best player in the league? I don't see why not."

Cool007
09-29-2010, 01:06 PM

:facepalm:

He is not talking about last year. stop with that nonsense.

He is talking about upcoming year and I love the confidence.

Some are just overreacting over nothing.

Do you know if D-Wade at 21 years age had said or Durant/Kobe/CP3/Deron/Dwight after 2nd year had said that "Why can't I be MVP this coming year"??

Would anybody be saying that they would have NO CHANCE in hell. Well, same with Rose. He wants to be best PG in the NBA, he wants win MVP, he wants to be the best.

Why not??? What's wrong with it to have that type of attitude???

Was anybody putting Durant in any MVP conversation after 2nd yaer??? same with CP3 or Deron???

NO, but after their 3rd year, it's changed.

WHy can't it change with Rose??? I see why not.

Stop hating some of you.

Cool007
09-29-2010, 01:17 PM
I think he would need to put up atleast 25 PPG, 5-6 RPG, 8 APG shooting good %'s and securing atleast a top 3 seed for him to even have a chance. I dont see it happening.

Don't know about rebounds (since we have a pretty darn good rebounding front court, best in the NBA) with Noah/Boozer/Deng, there are not taht many rebounds to go around.

But I do see Rose averaging 24ppg, 4rpg, 8+apg on high efficiency and Bulls winning 50+ games.

That is not really far fetched.

Rose averaged nearly 23ppg 4rpg 6+apg last 4 months of the last season. That is a big enough sample. Now, if he has improved his 3pt shooting (which he said he has) and with a true low post option and a pretty good pick and roll option in Boozer, you think he would be getting atlesat 1-2 ppg more than he did last year.

With NOT having another PG next to him (Hinrich) who also shared PG duties with Rose last year, and having a great 3pt shooter in Korver and a good pick and roll/pop option Boozer, he should get atleast 2apg more than he did last year.

So it's totally not too far fetched that he can become the best PG in the East as well as top 2/3 in the entire NBA.

If Bulls win 55 games, then he definitely should be in the discussion.

bodupp311
09-29-2010, 01:24 PM

"Why can't I be the best player in the league? I don't see why not."

Wow, way to bring something new to the arguement.

Don't know about rebounds (since we have a pretty darn good rebounding front court, best in the NBA) with Noah/Boozer/Deng, there are not taht many rebounds to go around.

But I do see Rose averaging 24ppg, 4rpg, 8+apg on high efficiency and Bulls winning 50+ games.

That is not really far fetched.

Rose averaged nearly 23ppg 4rpg 6+apg last 4 months of the last season. That is a big enough sample. Now, if he has improved his 3pt shooting (which he said he has) and with a true low post option and a pretty good pick and roll option in Boozer, you think he would be getting atlesat 1-2 ppg more than he did last year.

With NOT having another PG next to him (Hinrich) who also shared PG duties with Rose last year, and having a great 3pt shooter in Korver and a good pick and roll/pop option Boozer, he should get atleast 2apg more than he did last year.

So it's totally not too far fetched that he can become the best PG in the East as well as top 2/3 in the entire NBA.

If Bulls win 55 games, then he definitely should be in the discussion.

Couldnt have said it better myself. Funny how all the Bulls "homers" bring insightful intelligence to the forum.

Southsideheat
09-29-2010, 01:26 PM
The thing that most non-bulls fans don't understand is a lot of people have been waiting for him to be a more vocal leader and breed more confidence in his own abilities to one day be the reason why a team would win a championship, and not be a robin to a batman so to speak. So it's great to hear not because we actually believe that he will win the MVP this year (not likely at all) but we finally hear a confident leader in Rose we haven't heard before. So the haters need to take a step back and calm down.

Missing56&33
09-29-2010, 01:28 PM
usually MVP's dont ask to be MVP's they just go out and win it. MVP is an individual award, I would be concerned to hear that from my star player. Hey I have an idea! How about going out and helping Booz become the MVP by leading the team with assist mainly to him and getting pass the first round this year.

bodupp311
09-29-2010, 01:35 PM
usually MVP's dont ask to be MVP's they just go out and win it. MVP is an individual award, I would be concerned to hear that from my star player. Hey I have an idea! How about going out and helping Booz become the MVP by leading the team with assist mainly to him and getting pass the first round this year.

You ever heard of a rhetorical question?

I have all the faith in the world that DRose was not pleading to get MVP votes or asking to win it.

Its a shame people can't read between the lines. Or interpret what he was saying into mere confidence in his game.

Southsideheat
09-29-2010, 01:36 PM

Rose didn't ask to be MVP, he was asked if he could be an MVP, another way of saying can he lead a team to a title. Do you honestly think he facilitated this discussion? And if you're waiting for Carlos Boozer to become the reason why you win a championship, you are basketball ********.

DLeeicious
09-29-2010, 01:37 PM
The first 2 pages of this thread confirm that the average age in the NBA forum is about 15. Seriously a player who shows confidence in himself just gets berated to no end for no reason. You guys are pretty cool.

Cool007
09-29-2010, 01:41 PM
2 reasons- He isn't a top 15 player. And his team will not finish with a top 3 record

How do you know that???

He is not a top 15 player right now and you can't win MVP before even season starts. So what's your point? He is talking about upcoming year and not last season. Get it???

We still have 82 games to go - Nobody knows ****. Let the season play out and if he is nowhere near, then you can come back and talk.

xxdc2tegxx
09-29-2010, 01:43 PM
The first 2 pages of this thread confirm that the average age in the NBA forum is about 15. Seriously a player who shows confidence in himself just gets berated to no end for no reason. You guys are pretty cool.

thats what I noticed...

realtalk haha its just a quote...people need to settle down

Rookies come into the NBA and have winning a championship as they're goal. If John Wall said why can't we win a championship? It's obviously going to sound stupid and we all know damn well the wizards aren't with the Lakers, Heat, Magic still in the league for now. But it's just a goal that shows confidence

Cool007
09-29-2010, 01:44 PM
The thing that most non-bulls fans don't understand is a lot of people have been waiting for him to be a more vocal leader and breed more confidence in his own abilities to one day be the reason why a team would win a championship, and not be a robin to a batman so to speak. So it's great to hear not because we actually believe that he will win the MVP this year (not likely at all) but we finally hear a confident leader in Rose we haven't heard before. So the haters need to take a step back and calm down.

Thank you.

09-29-2010, 01:45 PM
I saw the title of this thread and instantly knew where all the haters were hiding.

As a Bulls fan I'd be much more disappointed if he didn't believe he could someday be MVP.

It's not a probable situation, but when you consider that MVPs tend to come from the top teams, it is possible. The Bulls have built a very good roster and in a few years with some luck could challenge Miami. So if that were to happen Rose would have a chance because he would be the best player on the team.

Regardless, people on this site always hate on Rose's ability because they hate the Bulls posters. He's better than Rondo. He's also better than Westbrook. Right now he is NOT better than Chris Paul and Deron Williams. But now Rose has Boozer and Deron doesn't, and Chris Paul needs to take care of himself or he's going to keep getting injured. Knee injuries are the worst kind. In two years, Rose will be either the best or the second best point guard in the league. Will that win the MVP? That will depend on how good the Bulls are. But most of the posts on this thread are just pure hating by a bunch of losers who have nothing to do but hate. And this started with the original poster who created this thread. It would be like me scanning the internet for a quote from a random player on the Knicks or Pistons and exploiting it so all my hater buddies would think I'm cool. Losers.

Cool007
09-29-2010, 01:48 PM

Really??? I am sorry but are you ****** or something??

Tell LeBron to make Mo an MVP, tell Wade to make Haslem an MVP, or tell Dwight to make anyone on his team MVP, etc.

You can't make anyone else MVP but yourself. MJ didn't make Pippen MVP, and nobody individually can.

Rose was asked about himself and him personally improving and he answered it beatifully but hey haters gonna hate.

bodupp311
09-29-2010, 01:50 PM
I saw the title of this thread and instantly knew where all the haters were hiding.

As a Bulls fan I'd be much more disappointed if he didn't believe he could someday be MVP.

It's not a probable situation, but when you consider that MVPs tend to come from the top teams, it is possible. The Bulls have built a very good roster and in a few years with some luck could challenge Miami. So if that were to happen Rose would have a chance because he would be the best player on the team.

Regardless, people on this site always hate on Rose's ability because they hate the Bulls posters. He's better than Rondo. He's also better than Westbrook. Right now he is NOT better than Chris Paul and Deron Williams. But now Rose has Boozer and Deron doesn't, and Chris Paul needs to take care of himself or he's going to keep getting injured. Knee injuries are the worst kind. In two years, Rose will be either the best or the second best point guard in the league. Will that win the MVP? That will depend on how good the Bulls are. But most of the posts on this thread are just pure hating by a bunch of losers who have nothing to do but hate. And this started with the original poster who created this thread. It would be like me scanning the internet for a quote from a random player on the Knicks or Pistons and exploiting it so all my hater buddies would think I'm cool. Losers.

Agreed. :hi5:

09-29-2010, 01:50 PM
thats what I noticed...

realtalk haha its just a quote...people need to settle down

Rookies come into the NBA and have winning a championship as they're goal. If John Wall said why can't we win a championship? It's obviously going to sound stupid and we all know damn well the wizards aren't with the Lakers, Heat, Magic still in the league for now. But it's just a goal that shows confidence

Exactly. Plus, it's on media day. If there's ever a day for overzealous optimism it's media day.

mikantsass
09-29-2010, 02:12 PM

Its ok Calipari will have someone do it for him....

Overall this pretty much sums it up though. I would add that there is also about 20 players in the NBA that are better than Rose too. But as I said in my previous post, you have to like the confidence and attempted leadership.

09-29-2010, 02:14 PM
:yawn:

Overall this pretty much sums it up though. I would add that there is also about 20 players in the NBA that are better than Rose too. But as I said in my previous post, you have to like the confidence and attempted leadership.

:yawn:

09-29-2010, 02:15 PM
To prove that none of you know what you are talking about. I'll give you a hint. The real reason Rose will probably not win the MVP is his lack of defense....So everyone huddle together and get your hater game up.

Hugbees
09-29-2010, 02:21 PM
The same reason why you didn't take your S.A.T.'s. You're not good enough.

bodupp311
09-29-2010, 02:25 PM

:cricket:

Stunner
09-29-2010, 02:25 PM

This joke is getting old i have seen about 4 times in this thread :facepalm:

Southsideheat
09-29-2010, 02:26 PM

What's the excuse for Kobe, Lebron, and Garnett then?

Super.
09-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Because he isnt the best player at his position in his own conference, let alone the NBA, let alone all of the NBA

Super.
09-29-2010, 02:27 PM
What's the excuse for Kobe, Lebron, and Garnett then?

Who was drafted out of HS and who wasnt?

DLeeicious
09-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Who was drafted out of HS and who wasnt?

I think you may have missed his point, completely. Right over your head.

Stunner
09-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Because he isnt the best player at his position in his own conference, let alone the NBA, let alone all of the NBA

Got anything new?

Stunner
09-29-2010, 02:31 PM

x2

Super.
09-29-2010, 02:32 PM

Wouldn't surprise me. It's been that kinda day for me

sargon21
09-29-2010, 02:33 PM
24 ppg, 8+ apg and improved defense along with an improved 3pt shot, plus 55+ wins and a 3rd seed could get him into the MVP conversation...

Shmontaine
09-29-2010, 02:37 PM
24 ppg, 8+ apg and improved defense along with an improved 3pt shot, plus 55+ wins and a 3rd seed could get him into the MVP conversation...

what is rose referencing in your sig??

bodupp311
09-29-2010, 02:39 PM

Which is completely do-able given his improvement from rookie season to year two. That, and a defensive-minded head coach + a better supporting cast, which he now has. I'm excited to see what he can do this year.

barbjake
09-29-2010, 02:41 PM

way to oh so cleverly slide the insult into the compliment. Really well done. I also bet that half of your list of 20 better players were over 34 last season. But you'll also put John Wall on your list, and he hasn't played a game yet. Well done.

Stunner
09-29-2010, 02:44 PM

When he starts getting foul calls when he goes to the basket.

sargon21
09-29-2010, 02:52 PM

Him getting foul calls. This is the first instance, probably the only one, in which rose talked out aganist the refs.

DaBUU
09-29-2010, 02:52 PM
now we're up to 13 pages of mostly retardation

bodupp311
09-29-2010, 03:08 PM
way to oh so cleverly slide the insult into the compliment. Really well done. I also bet that half of your list of 20 better players were over 34 last season. But you'll also put John Wall on your list, and he hasn't played a game yet. Well done.

Super.
09-29-2010, 03:09 PM
I honestly cannot see Rose getting 25+ ppg, 8+ assists and leading his team to a 55+ win next season. All of those needed being done before him even being considered.

Maybe someday in the future, because he has a VERY high ceiling, but not next year

Missing56&33
09-29-2010, 03:10 PM
Rose didn't ask to be MVP, he was asked if he could be an MVP, another way of saying can he lead a team to a title. Do you honestly think he facilitated this discussion? And if you're waiting for Carlos Boozer to become the reason why you win a championship, you are basketball ********.

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2010/09/10/mozgov-vs-team-usa-highlights/

go to 1:40 to see your MVP Rose get his shot smashed. MVP shouldn't be his concern. It was his answer that was wrong.

Cool007
09-29-2010, 03:18 PM

go to 1:40 to see your MVP Rose get his shot smashed. MVP shouldn't be his concern. It was his answer that was wrong.

Huh??

That was clearly a foul and ref also called it as well. fouling someone and then blocking a shot, and you had to bring it here????

Really???

And what? MVP shouldn't be his concern? It's not a concern, it's his goal. He wants to keep improving and he sets standard high.

So his answer was wrong??? :facepalm:

Just because you disagree, does NOT make it wrong. Get it???

bodupp311
09-29-2010, 03:20 PM

What in the hell does getting his shot blocked in FIBA play have to do with winning MVP?

My God that was the single dumbest reply I have ever seen.

You should probably go lay down, b/c your head must be throbbing!

dnewguy
09-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Derrick Rose: :laugh2:

bodupp311
09-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Derrick Rose: :laugh2:

dnewguy: :pity:

dtmagnet
09-29-2010, 04:21 PM
He's not good enough that's why.

Cool007
09-29-2010, 04:29 PM

Just like how LeBron/CP3/Dwight/Durant/Kobe etc weren't good enough to win it after their 2nd year right???

Oh yeah.

jimbobjarree
09-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Derrick who?

bodupp311
09-29-2010, 04:47 PM

Derrick who?

More & more reason the NBA forum is a joke.

And not a good joke.

DaBUU
09-29-2010, 04:55 PM
This place used to be level headed and intelligent despite personal beefs. Like mentioned above, its now a joke of a forum. I poop on all of you.

bodupp311
09-29-2010, 04:59 PM
This place used to be level headed and intelligent despite personal beefs. Like mentioned above, its now a joke of a forum. I poop on all of you.

Now certainly you're not gonna poo on me as well.

:D

DaBUU
09-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Now certainly you're not gonna poo on me as well.

:D

no, your one of the boys. we gotta stick together since we're surrounded by hatred and envy.

footballer2369
09-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Just like how LeBron/CP3/Dwight/Durant/Kobe etc weren't good enough to win it after their 2nd year right???

Oh yeah.

Because Rose is comparable to those players....??

Get a clue...

jimbobjarree
09-29-2010, 05:06 PM
More & more reason the NBA forum is a joke.

And not a good joke.

so like a knock-knock joke?