PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Seen This Before

Isca92
09-28-2010, 02:33 AM
Today it was brought to my attention that the Islanders play two games on Saturday night. They play against the Devils and Canadians. I can't think of any time a team has played two preseason games on the same day. Just curious if anyone remembers another team doing this.

LETS NOT TURN THIS INTO A BASH THE ISLANDERS THREAD AND HAVE SLY CLOSE THE THREAD. I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ITS HAPPENED BEFORE.

Foge7
09-28-2010, 08:04 AM
Split squad, happens alot in baseball, half the team goes to one game the other half to another, good way to make sure you see everybody you want to see because everybody gets a chance to play. I'm guessing the Isles haven't made a whole lot of roster cuts yet, so the excess in players allows for them to field two teams for saturday night. Both games are at 7. I'm sure it's probably been done in some form before in hockey, but it is pretty cool.

Oh, and the Isles are poop. Haha

Garden Faithful
09-28-2010, 10:17 AM
yea if you look at the last two games we played we had a different team on the ice for the last Devils game and the game in Detroit. So if the Islanders haven't made cuts yet then it makes enough sense although it does seem very weird to be scheduled for two in one day