PDA

View Full Version : Dirk Nowitzki: I would have listen if Wade and Lebron asked me to join Miami.

Hunter48MVP
09-27-2010, 09:30 PM
DALLAS Dirk Nowitzki would have listened if LeBron James or Dwyane Wade asked him to join them in Miami.

Since they didn't, he never seriously considered leaving the Dallas Mavericks.

"I wanted to weigh my options a little bit, but there was not much weighing to do," Nowitzki said Monday. "This is where I was at, this is where I wanted to be, really. This is where my heart is at, so it was a really easy decision in the end."

Nowitzki never had a news conference after signing a four-year contract worth around $80 million, so his appearance at media day was both a chance to look back and to look forward.

He'll open his 13th training camp Tuesday already the most accomplished player in franchise history with every meaningful career feat, an MVP award and an appearance in the finals. He's also the lone constant in a streak of 10 straight 50-win seasons.

However, he's also in jeopardy of becoming one of those great players who never win a championship, and that's what drives him.

That's why South Beach might've been enticing.

"It obviously would have been something I had to think about very hard," Nowitzki said. "My goal is a championship and obviously that would've been a nice option to have. But it never happened so I didn't have to think about it."

Nowitzki turned 32 this summer, so he knew his first time on the open market also was "the last time I was going to be a free agent when it mattered in my career."

But there weren't any contenders missing only a 7-footer who likes to shoot from the perimeter. And because of his championship obsession, he wasn't interested in going to the highest bidder.

"It wouldn't have felt right to put another uniform on," Nowitzki said. "The fans, everybody here have been so loyal to me the last 12 years, it would have felt like running away a little bit, in a way. So I'm here for the long run four more years to reach our goal. I'm ready."

He even took less than a maximum contract so the Mavericks could enhance his supporting cast. The result is a deep team with all sorts of versatility big guards and small guards, a frontcourt featuring bulky center Brendan Haywood or a more athletic look with Tyson Chandler.

Nowitzki also is excited about changes in the backcourt, like the expanded role for speedy Roddy Beaubois.

Beaubois was a raw rookie last season who showed in the playoff finale against San Antonio that he could provide a spark either playing alongside Jason Kidd or taking his place at point guard. A foot injury forced Beaubois to miss some valuable playing time with the French national team and will force him to miss much of training camp, but he should be ready for the regular season.

"I think our future is in Roddy's hands," Nowitzki said. "He's explosive off the dribble. A second before he makes a move, he doesn't know what he's doing. That unpredictability he brings to the game I think is what we need."

Nowitzki thinks the makeup of the roster should help Dallas compete with anyone in the West, including the two-time defending champion Lakers.

The challenges will be for coach Rick Carlisle to figure out the roles and for players to accept whatever role they're given. For some guys accustomed to starting, that could mean coming off the bench sometimes or always.

"You can't have hurt feelings on any good team," Nowitzki said. "We're beyond that. If you want to win a championship, you can't be running around being mad all the time at the coach or the situation. I think we're all in this together. Some nights, coach has showed, that his substitution pattern is different, I would say. Some nights you might play a lot of minutes, the next night you might not see the court. That's just Rick. You've got to get used to it."

The depth could lighten the load for Nowitzki, both in minutes and scoring (he's scored the fourth-most points in the NBA each of the last two seasons).

He's ready for anything.

He took a 3 1/2-month break from basketball this summer, the longest since he got serious about the game as a teenager. He spent the down time "traveling and doing fun stuff in the summer like other NBA players do" instead of playing for the German national team.

He also came back about 5 pounds lighter.

"I just think if you look at all the players that were able to hold their level when they were older, they either stayed the same weight they were in their prime or they lost weight," he said. "I think it's easier on your body, easier on your joints."

After all, he's going to be a free agent again in four years.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h_yX0d4lz-0EJWqAivHGyg4mHjtgD9IGIM5G1?docId=D9IGIM5G1

Baller1
09-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Not surprising. Sucks for him though, he's not going to get a championship in Dallas.

BaustinSali08
09-27-2010, 09:33 PM
I think any player in the NBA would have listened to them, they just all wouldn't have gone.

omdigga
09-27-2010, 09:33 PM
dirk instead of bosh would have been even more scary...

SouthSideRookie
09-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Not surprising. Sucks for him though, he's not going to get a championship in Dallas.

x1000

mynameismo
09-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Dirk was (and still is IMO) the BEST big man compliment to Wade and Lebron. Goodluck to him in Dallas.

netsgiantsyanks
09-27-2010, 09:47 PM
dirk+wade+lebron=:drool:

Super.
09-27-2010, 09:48 PM
That would have been scaaaaary

dodie53
09-27-2010, 09:51 PM
i still prefer bosh, wade and lebron.

good luck to dirk in dallas.

maybe after his contract expires, he'll sign with the heat.
hehe

kjoke
09-27-2010, 10:06 PM
but with bosh there would be no wade and lebron in miami, they wouldnt leave him in the dust, now if bosh went and signed with a team before the heat, then it would be something cool

justinnum1
09-27-2010, 10:18 PM
Bosh at 26> Dirk at 30+

LTBaByyy
09-27-2010, 10:21 PM
Dirk was (and still is IMO) the BEST big man compliment to Wade and Lebron. Goodluck to him in Dallas.

Thank you :)

masalex1205
09-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Although Bosh is younger, as of right now, hands down, Dirk would have been 10x better compliment than Bosh to Wade and Lebron...can't believe anybody would question that

still1ballin
09-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Come to LA!

heyman321
09-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Bosh at 26> Dirk at 30+

Bosh is overrated. I'd take Dirk's silky jumpers and 3 point range over Bosh's inept post game and his jerky and awkward *** "drives" to the hoop, even today.

ILoveL.A2416
09-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Come to LA!

That puppet cuban would sell his own grandmother before helping out our team :rolleyes:

cowboyz180
09-27-2010, 10:36 PM
I would have loved to see Dirk in Miami. Dirk >>>>>> Bosh

Jenceman
09-27-2010, 10:49 PM
Dirk would have really made that team unstoppable.

IndiansFan337
09-27-2010, 10:59 PM
Bosh may be overrated, but I don't think Dirk would have been a better fit alongside LBJ and Wade.

dbeastly
09-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Bosh is overrated. I'd take Dirk's silky jumpers and 3 point range over Bosh's inept post game and his jerky and awkward *** "drives" to the hoop, even today.

And where would this leave Miami and the ongoing big man problem they have?

heyman321
09-27-2010, 11:39 PM

You realize they have Lebron James and Wade? James who took Cleveland to ridiculous heights with crappy big men in Varejao, who we all know is the saviour, and an old Illgauskas, and previosuly with Drew Gooden, etc.

Having Bosh doesn't really solve a big man problem as much as it is just adding another scorer, not like he's a rebounding machine, and those Miami centers will do just fine. Either way, I'm not saying Bosh is bad, he's just not better than Dirk.

CLASSOF72
09-27-2010, 11:46 PM
Dirk = Bosh^10.

DoJoTheSlasher
09-27-2010, 11:53 PM
Bosh at 26> Dirk at 30+

Bosh at 26 is 1/50 the player Dirk is at 30+.

John Walls Era
09-27-2010, 11:57 PM

something tells me you've never seen bosh play.

mully
09-27-2010, 11:58 PM
Dirk > Bosh and would have fit there offense better imo

John Walls Era
09-27-2010, 11:59 PM
Bosh is a better rebounder, better friends with Lebron and Wade and more athletic. Better fit. Also younger.

heyman321
09-28-2010, 12:00 AM
something tells me you've never seen bosh play.

Oh really? That's weird cause I live in Toronto and I've watched every Raptor game the past 6 years.

nickdymez
09-28-2010, 12:02 AM

If that team had james, wade, and dirk. Me and you could go play there to round them out and we would be NBA champions.. Chris Bosh = :puke:

thedfactor
09-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Dirk is and will always be better than Bosh

D Roses Bulls
09-28-2010, 12:09 AM
Bosh at 26> Dirk at 30+

Dirk's game> Bosh's game

dirk relies more on his shot so dirk can last in the NBA for a while, while bosh mostly relies on post moves which in the nba terms doesnt last as long

Hellcrooner
09-28-2010, 12:22 AM
good he dident THAT woud ahve actually be scary.

Avenged
09-28-2010, 12:28 AM
A lineup of Wade/Lebron/Dirk would have been better than Bosh for now.

But long term, Bosh is the correct choice.

crewfan13
09-28-2010, 12:41 AM
Idk how Bosh feels about winning a championship. To me, it seems as if he just wants to be in the limelight and may struggle to play third fiddle to Wade and Lebron. He's going to want to be a bonafide star on the same level as Wade and Lebron. I seriously think at this point in his career Dirk is more mature and truthfully wants to win a championship more than anything.

godolphins
09-28-2010, 12:50 AM
Bosh at 26> Dirk at 30+

This. Bosh will be 32 when he finish his 6 year contract and now Dirk is 32

Mplsman
09-28-2010, 12:58 AM
Miami got the wrong big.

Storch
09-28-2010, 01:22 AM
Dirk is a proven competitor, Bosh is NOT. Dirk > Bosh sorry, thats not even arguable. And don't talk about the future against this topic because nothing about the future is fact at this point .. it's all assumptions.

HoopsDrive
09-28-2010, 02:01 AM
A lineup of Wade/Lebron/Dirk would have been better than Bosh for now.

But long term, Bosh is the correct choice.

This.

HiphopRelated
09-28-2010, 08:25 AM
Dirk's game> Bosh's game

dirk relies more on his shot so dirk can last in the NBA for a while, while bosh mostly relies on post moves which in the nba terms doesnt last as long
which league are you watching?

Wade>You
09-28-2010, 08:28 AM
Miami went with a PF that could rebound and play inside the paint. One who is multi-faceted and not one-dimensional.

IHeartNY
09-28-2010, 08:55 AM
Bosh is way worse than Dirk. MVP anyone ? So that discussion is none.

I'm feeling Dirk. He wants to win ring so f** bad ... hope he gets one, dunno how though.

IHeartNY
09-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Miami went with a PF that could rebound and play inside the paint. One who is multi-faceted and not one-dimensional.

Calling Dirk one-dimensional is ... :mad: Homer ... :o

Giaps
09-28-2010, 09:04 AM
Bosh at 26> Dirk at 30+
No, he isn't.

effen5
09-28-2010, 09:05 AM
Wow, if Dirk joined the Heat over Bosh, I probably would have called championship right on the spot.

Dirk >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bosh

TheTakeOver24
09-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Chemistry btwn Bosh, Bron, and Wade is the reason the Heat had no interest in Dirk. Plus Dirk would not have signed with Miami before LeBron joined and Lebron wouldnt have joined if we only had Wade.
Sooo Bosh made the whole thing happen.

SchyGuy11
09-28-2010, 09:27 AM
yeah dirk>>>>>bosh

uncleben989
09-28-2010, 09:39 AM
which league are you watching?

he's right, its common sense actually, you are more likely incur injuries when using more phsyicality driving in the paint and more strength, and just the chances of getting banged up are there. compared to being able to rely more on your shot. plus the way bosh drives sometimes is worsing than watching a ****** f%#, but he manages to do his thang..

ttam68
09-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Its really just an age and friendship thing.

They're all close off the court and can share in orgies and such, Dirk wouldn't fit in. As for basketball, Bosh gives them a huge time window to win. With Dirk there would be more up front pressure, and more risk of him declining and thus killing their depth with his contract down the line.

Brooklyn Mets
09-28-2010, 09:42 AM
dirk as a third option is scary

Da Knicks
Dirk would of made Miami a very dangerous team!!!

GodsSon
Its really just an age and friendship thing.

They're all close off the court and can share in orgies and such, Dirk wouldn't fit in. As for basketball, Bosh gives them a huge time window to win. With Dirk there would be more up front pressure, and more risk of him declining and thus killing their depth with his contract down the line.

I dunno, I've heard some serious stories about how them Germans get down lol

Fred
09-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Anyone else wanting to go to South Beach? Kobe? CP3? Duncan? Should we have 2 leagues, the Heat and the NBA?

heyman321
09-28-2010, 10:03 AM

Lol Bosh plays inside the paint? If by play inside the paint you mean awkward and jerky drives to the hoop and 18 foot jump shots then yes. I've never seen Bosh post up once. You know, where you back down an opponent. And you don't know enough about basketball if you think Bosh is better than Dirk.

koreancabbage
09-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Bosh isn't really what you call an inside man in the NBA. he doesn't get his hands dirty.

I'm glad that he didn't stay in Toronto cuz we had a more potent offensive player in Bargnani. It left Toronto looking for a REAL BIG MAN to do the dirty work.

That being said, Bosh is good, but Lebron, Wade + Bosh are friends and could form a really nice niche with each other. Chemistry is another big thing. Dirk is OLD lol compared to those guys and nearing the end of his NBA career.

Bosh is the right call for the dynasty. Look at Boston, no dynasty there with the old big 3 now. Though they surprised me with that last finals appearance, though it's probably their last.

Khalifa21
09-28-2010, 10:16 AM
LeBron/Wade/Dirk > LeBron/Wade/Bosh

mynameismo
09-28-2010, 10:27 AM
This doesn't really have to be a Bosh vs Dirk thread. Wade and Lebron together is already as strong as it is. Adding another star big was just an icing in the cake.

Since it never happened, we just drool at the possibility if Dirk was that other big man. Man, that would've been fun to watch.

akagiredsuns
09-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Bosh at 26> Dirk at 30+ :facepalm:

TheTakeOver24
09-28-2010, 10:45 AM
he's right, its common sense actually, you are more likely incur injuries when using more phsyicality driving in the paint and more strength, and just the chances of getting banged up are there. compared to being able to rely more on your shot. plus the way bosh drives sometimes is worsing than watching a ****** f%#, but he manages to do his thang..

Lmao!

HiphopRelated
09-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Bosh can hit that midrange jumper just as well as anybody, but he's also gonna get to the rim and line better than Dirk AND rebound better.

Defend about the same if not better than Dirk too.

gsgs49
09-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Chemistry btwn Bosh, Bron, and Wade is the reason the Heat had no interest in Dirk. Plus Dirk would not have signed with Miami before LeBron joined and Lebron wouldnt have joined if we only had Wade.
Sooo Bosh made the whole thing happen.

This

Sly Guy
09-28-2010, 11:05 AM
LeBron/Wade/Dirk > LeBron/Wade/Bosh

this is true, but for the long term:

LeBron/Wade/Bosh>LeBron/Wade/Dirk

Just don't expect Bosh to live up to Dirk's career numbers.

alucard1122
09-28-2010, 11:12 AM
I still prefer bosh, wade and lebron.

Bosh is younger..

good luck dirk!

jackdawson
09-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Dirk would have been the better complement for 1/2 years. In the long run, Bosh is the perfect fit. Pat Riley is not stupid. He wanted to build a dynasty for 7/8 years, not for just 2 years. Bosh is underrated if anything. He never played with an elite point guard unlike most of the other big men in the league. The thought of him playing alongside distributors like Wade and LeBron is scary.

joeboow90
09-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Woww if Dirk would have joined them in Miami you can give them the next 2 championships hands down. I'm so happy this didn't happen that would've been the death of the NBA.

Chris Bosh is softer than a baby's ***, you see him in the interviews talkin maddd soft like he Drake or a female

Ace33Bone
09-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Dirk in Miami wouldve been a match made in heaven for LeBron and company... Could you imagine how many open looks Dirk would get... He probably would be so open that it would take him some time to adjust to shooting without another 7 footers hand in his face... but all in all i am glad that he stayed in Dallas, because the Mavs and Thunder are the only competition in the West for the Lake show

Sly Guy
09-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Dirk would have been the better complement for 1/2 years. In the long run, Bosh is the perfect fit. Pat Riley is not stupid. He wanted to build a dynasty for 7/8 years, not for just 2 years. Bosh is underrated if anything. He never played with an elite point guard unlike most of the other big men in the league. The thought of him playing alongside distributors like Wade and LeBron is scary.

see, I'm not sure a 'true' pg or distributor will help him all that much. Bosh can rebound, he has range, and he can find ways to get to the basket, but during all his years in toronto, he was an iso kind of offensive player. Now, he's got 2 of the game's best one-on-one scorers who'll get those looks ahead of him, so unless he can learn to jump, or slash to the basket, become a spot up jump shooter, or a 'back to the basket' force under the rim, I don't see him needing anyone to distribute other than a good pick and roll buddy. And he already had that in Toronto. I don't see him being any more scary in Miami then he was in Toronto.

RaiderLakersA's
09-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Makes you wonder: for all of the negativity being thrown at LeBron for leaving Cleveland, why isn't Dirk hyped up more in the media for staying in Dallas? Especially since most feel that it's highly likely he'll never win a championship there. Interesting.

jackdawson
09-28-2010, 11:31 AM
see, I'm not sure a 'true' pg or distributor will help him all that much. Bosh can rebound, he has range, and he can find ways to get to the basket, but during all his years in toronto, he was an iso kind of offensive player. Now, he's got 2 of the game's best one-on-one scorers who'll get those looks ahead of him, so unless he can learn to jump, or slash to the basket, become a spot up jump shooter, or a 'back to the basket' force under the rim, I don't see him needing anyone to distribute other than a good pick and roll buddy. And he already had that in Toronto. I don't see him being any more scary in Miami then he was in Toronto.

No he didn't. Don't tell me calderon is as good as Lebron or Wade. He will be a much much better and efficient player in Miami simply because he will play with tow elite passers. Not to mention he will almost be open the entire time.

dbeastly
09-28-2010, 11:33 AM
If that team had james, wade, and dirk. Me and you could go play there to round them out and we would be NBA champions.. Chris Bosh = :puke:

Something tells me people would be even more critical of Miami if they got Dirk over Bosh. Your small forward can't be the guy leading your team in rebounds. Make fun of Bosh all you want but he did average close to 11 rebounds a game. I'd like to see how Dirk and all his contested jumpshots he takes would complement Lebron and Wade.

I do agree with your last part though. If I was on the team they would win the championship, not because of Lebron/Wade/Dirk though, but because of me :).

ElMarroAfamado
09-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Bosh at 26> Dirk at 30+

was just waiting for a HEAT fan to comment get a load of yourselves...geesh
the Mavs are not winning a title but neither are the heat he should have gone to the Thunder:eyebrow:

ElMarroAfamado
09-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Pedophile much?.
internet lingo much?

nerd

ElMarroAfamado
09-28-2010, 11:45 AM

Dynasty for 7 years

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
you guys are amazing

smith&wesson
09-28-2010, 12:38 PM
dirks range would def have complimented wade and lebrons driving and slashing ability.

to bad they didnt call him out. that would have been really scary if those three were playing together. more scary then bosh imo. by a long shot.

John Walls Era
09-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Oh really? That's weird cause I live in Toronto and I've watched every Raptor game the past 6 years.

O that makes sense. A Bosh hater after what he did this summer.

PS: I live in T Dot as well... :)

John Walls Era
09-28-2010, 12:51 PM
No one wants to play with Dirk... You think Wade likes him?

Whats funny is that people would've laughed at the Heat had they signed Dirk instead of Bosh, saying that Dirk is too old for the Heat to be a dynasty. I'm defending the signing, yet I'm not even a heat fan.

jackdawson
09-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Dynasty for 7 years

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
you guys are amazing

Are you ********? I am guessing so. You have no idea besides facepalming people for no reason and with zero basketball knowledge. Get a life.

Mishmin
09-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Bosh is a better fit there than Dirk. They've got shooters now, they need low post presence, and dirks more of an outside big man. still a scary thought though.

jackdawson
09-28-2010, 01:02 PM
No one wants to play with Dirk... You think Wade likes him?

Whats funny is that people would've laughed at the Heat had they signed Dirk instead of Bosh, saying that Dirk is too old. I'm defending the signing, yet I'm not even a heat fan.

Exactly. Dirk would have been better for 2 years then where would they find another big-man that cheap? I mean Pat Riley knows what he is doing and I am pretty sure Riley had Dirk in his back up plans (B/C/D/etc). Chris Bosh is the perfect fit next to Wade-LeBron in terms of his game and longevity. Dude is 26 and only entering his prime. Only a fool would take on a 32 year old Dirk over Bosh who is past his prime.

bringinwood
09-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Makes you wonder: for all of the negativity being thrown at LeBron for leaving Cleveland, why isn't Dirk hyped up more in the media for staying in Dallas? Especially since most feel that it's highly likely he'll never win a championship there. Interesting.

Simply, it was a stupid decision for him if he wanted a ring...

Jalen Rose was on ESPN along with Jon Barry and they both insisted they have no idea why people are so critical of LeBron to begin with...

I'm with them...

Why would LeBron rot in Cleveland, have zero support in Cleveland, and not chase multiple championships in Miami ???

It would be as stupid a decision as Dirk made...

For all the LeBron haters out there, don't you think it would have been easier for LeBron to stay in Cleveland and be the savior for the next 6 years ???

Don't you think he had a publicist telling him how much of a beating his image was going to take for leaving Cleveland ???

It's not about anything but championships with him and as a player, that's how you are judged...

I'm so ****ing sick of the LeBron hating... He is a basketball player... Do you think his goal is to come in second every year ???

beasted86
09-28-2010, 01:06 PM
What is funny is Dirk opted out and took less money... yet still makes a good $3M-4M more than Bosh per year.

tr4shb0t
09-28-2010, 01:08 PM
IMO shows how dirk is not a true leader himself. If he was he would be doing the recruiting instead of waiting for a ride.

jackdawson
09-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Simply, it was a stupid decision for him if he wanted a ring...

Jalen Rose was on ESPN along with Jon Barry and they both insisted they have no idea why people are so critical of LeBron to begin with...

I'm with them...

Why would LeBron rot in Cleveland, have zero support in Cleveland, and not chase multiple championships in Miami ???

It would be as stupid a decision as Dirk made...

For all the LeBron haters out there, don't you think it would have been easier for LeBron to stay in Cleveland and be the savior for the next 6 years ???

Don't you think he had a publicist telling him how much of a beating his image was going to take for leaving Cleveland ???

It's not about anything but championships with him and as a player, that's how you are judged...

I'm so ****ing sick of the LeBron hating... He is a basketball player... Do you think his goal is to come in second every year ???

Thank you! You are one of the very few people on PSD who doesn't drink haterade and has actual knowledge of the real world.

beasted86
09-28-2010, 01:13 PM
IMO shows how dirk is not a true leader himself. If he was he would be doing the recruiting instead of waiting for a ride.

:confused: So I don't get it... was Dirk supposed to recruit mid-level guys?

:facepalm:

PatelJ1010
09-28-2010, 01:16 PM
I really don't think you would leave Dallas though...You were going to spend you r whole career for the Mavs and I don't think you would have gone to Heat even if Bosh was recruited.

This would have been deadly to watch tho: 82-0 with an below avg. bench

PG- Chalmers
SG-Wade
SF- James
PF- Nowitzki
C- Bosh

DoJoTheSlasher
09-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Bosh can hit that midrange jumper just as well as anybody, but he's also gonna get to the rim and line better than Dirk AND rebound better.

Defend about the same if not better than Dirk too.

I hope you are not saying Bosh is as good of a mid range shooter than Dirk....

Dirk is the greatest mid range shooter of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Bosh is a footnote on Dirk's ***. Oh and Dirk is a better rebounder as well, he has 4 other guys who can get 7+ reb a game while Bosh had none.

jackdawson
09-28-2010, 01:33 PM
I hope you are not saying Bosh is as good of a mid range shooter than Dirk....

Dirk is the greatest mid range shooter of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Bosh is a footnote on Dirk's ***. Oh and Dirk is a better rebounder as well, he has 4 other guys who can get 7+ reb a game while Bosh had none.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

DoJoTheSlasher
09-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Exactly. Dirk would have been better for 2 years then where would they find another big-man that cheap? I mean Pat Riley knows what he is doing and I am pretty sure Riley had Dirk in his back up plans (B/C/D/etc). Chris Bosh is the perfect fit next to Wade-LeBron in terms of his game and longevity. Dude is 26 and only entering his prime. Only a fool would take on a 32 year old Dirk over Bosh who is past his prime.

How is Dirk past his prime? He set career highs in 3 pt and FT % and had his 2nd best shooting season of his career. Add in 25 points a game and still the deadliest fourth quarter player (top 3 guaranteed). He will be past his prime, in 2-3 years.

DoJoTheSlasher
09-28-2010, 01:37 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Wait until the playoffs. Dirk's rebounding talent goes WAAAYY up.

Sly Guy
09-28-2010, 01:49 PM
No he didn't. Don't tell me calderon is as good as Lebron or Wade. He will be a much much better and efficient player in Miami simply because he will play with tow elite passers. Not to mention he will almost be open the entire time.

calderon might be the defensive equivalent of a revolving door, but he can still make the right choice on a pick and roll. Only because he could do that, he got the contract he's sitting on now. When it comes to a pick and roll set, there were very few players [current players] as efficient as Bosh and Calderon.

I'm not comparing overall skillsets, I'm comparing a single common situation on-court, the only skill jose excels at.

bringinwood
09-28-2010, 01:55 PM
How is Dirk past his prime? He set career highs in 3 pt and FT % and had his 2nd best shooting season of his career. Add in 25 points a game and still the deadliest fourth quarter player (top 3 guaranteed). He will be past his prime, in 2-3 years.

Dirk is a better overall player than Bosh...

Past his prime ??? Maybe not, but he would get there if he signed with Miami as a free agent...

Bosh is the better fit for Miami due to the dynasty they plan on going on...

The last thing Miami wants is to sign a guy that gets injured on his 45th birthday, 3 years into his contract... j/k

As far as Dirk resigning with Dallas, he made a bad decision... He is putting too much faith in a guy that knows little to nothing about how to construct a winning team in the playoffs...

heyman321
09-28-2010, 01:58 PM
O that makes sense. A Bosh hater after what he did this summer.

PS: I live in T Dot as well... :)

Hahaha!! I'm not mad Bosh left, I'm glad he did. I haven't looked hihgly upon Bosh since the playoff series against Orlando, where he was crap. I don't want my team to pay the max for a 2nd tier player ala Joe Johnson. You can't build around a 2nd tier player.

I'm just waiting until the Raptors get another true franchise player since Vince Carter and it won't be for a long time. I hope the Raptors do terribly this year (which they will) and get a high draft pick so that we can stop thinking Bargnani is the saviour.

But that's besides the point: Dirk is still better than Bosh.

DoJoTheSlasher
09-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Hahaha!! I'm not mad Bosh left, I'm glad he did. I haven't looked hihgly upon Bosh since the playoff series against Orlando, where he was crap. I don't want my team to pay the max for a 2nd tier player ala Joe Johnson. You can't build around a 2nd tier player.

I'm just waiting until the Raptors get another true franchise player since Vince Carter and it won't be for a long time. I hope the Raptors do terribly this year (which they will) and get a high draft pick so that we can stop thinking Bargnani is the saviour.

But that's besides the point: Dirk is still better than Bosh.

holding out hope for Harrison Barnes are we?

jackdawson
09-28-2010, 02:08 PM

And Bosh is only 26. He will be at his prime 7 more years. Don't kid yourself that Riley wasn't aware of Dirk. Godfather knows who to pick.

DoJoTheSlasher
09-28-2010, 02:15 PM
And Bosh is only 26. He will be at his prime 7 more years. Don't kid yourself that Riley wasn't aware of Dirk. Godfather knows who to pick.

Godfather chose the PF who has 11 career playoff appearances over the PF who has over 100 playoff appearances, multiple All Stars and All NBA Teams, an MVP, and a future HOF ticket.

Chris Bosh who is a top 20 player today or Dirk who is a top 10 player today and top 25 player of all time (still in his prime)?

Don't kid yourself in thinking Bosh > Dirk or ever in his career. If you guys had Dirk, 72 wins would be passed easily.

kswissdaf
09-28-2010, 02:18 PM
I love how people are like wow they would have been scary with that team. Im pretty sure we are scary right now

kswissdaf
09-28-2010, 02:19 PM
And Dirks is WAY to ball dominate to be on this team. Bosh is a much better fit

DoJoTheSlasher
09-28-2010, 02:20 PM
I love how people are like wow they would have been scary with that team. Im pretty sure we are scary right now

Yeah, we are scared of LeBron and Wade (2nd and 3rd best players in the game). No one is scared of Bosh.

Sly Guy
09-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Godfather chose the PF who has 11 career playoff appearances over the PF who has over 100 playoff appearances, multiple All Stars and All NBA Teams, an MVP, and a future HOF ticket.

Chris Bosh who is a top 20 player today or Dirk who is a top 10 player today and top 25 player of all time (still in his prime)?

Don't kid yourself in thinking Bosh > Dirk or ever in his career. If you guys had Dirk, 72 wins would be passed easily.

See, I agree with you up to this point. Why is it that everyone out there thinks you need a team full of all-star level scorers to make a great team?

Dirk>Bosh currently. Dirk>Bosh after both careers are done in all likelihood. But Miami doesn't need another 25ppg guy. They've got plenty of scoring in just LeBron and Wade.

kswissdaf
09-28-2010, 02:23 PM
And dirk always chokes so i wouldnt want him

kswissdaf
09-28-2010, 02:24 PM
Yeah, we are scared of LeBron and Wade (2nd and 3rd best players in the game). No one is scared of Bosh.

um last time i checked Bosh was an allstar maybe i dont understand what you mean by fear

DoJoTheSlasher
09-28-2010, 02:24 PM
And dirk always chokes so i wouldnt want him

How does he choke? He has accomplished more in the playoffs career wise than LeBron has so what does that make LeBron?

kswissdaf
09-28-2010, 02:34 PM
How does he choke? He has accomplished more in the playoffs career wise than LeBron has so what does that make LeBron?

Um has dirk won a title. No. Trust me i watched . Dirk broke down vs the heat you can't deny that. YOu also can't Deny Lebron at the age of 22 or 23 led a team that w/o him would have won at most 15 games to the nba finals

dhopisthename
09-28-2010, 02:35 PM
I would rather have bosh then dirk on the heat for two reasons.

1. age-would you rather have bosh for 6-10 years or dirk for 4.

2. for as good as nowitzki is he is not a true inside presence and relies more on jumpshots to get his points.

DoJoTheSlasher
09-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Um has dirk won a title. No. Trust me i watched . Dirk broke down vs the heat you can't deny that. YOu also can't Deny Lebron at the age of 22 or 23 led a team that w/o him would have won at most 15 games to the nba finals

lol has LeBron won a single Finals game?

And YOU can't deny that that Finals was in favor of Dwayne Wade. 100 free throws including as many ft as our entire team in game 4 or 5?

DoJoTheSlasher
09-28-2010, 02:59 PM
I would rather have bosh then dirk on the heat for two reasons.

1. age-would you rather have bosh for 6-10 years or dirk for 4.

2. for as good as nowitzki is he is not a true inside presence and relies more on jumpshots to get his points.

Dirk for 4 years gives more than Bosh for 6-10.

Bosh isn't low post either. He is weak and like these other guys say, he always is stumbling and falling in the lane. And Dirk makes more jumpshots than Bosh makes Low Post points and jumpshots together.

Chronz
09-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Lol Bosh plays inside the paint? If by play inside the paint you mean awkward and jerky drives to the hoop and 18 foot jump shots then yes. I've never seen Bosh post up once. You know, where you back down an opponent. And you don't know enough about basketball if you think Bosh is better than Dirk.
In this league, yes Bosh plays inside the paint.

What you call awkward I call technique

And really now, youve NEVER seen Bosh post up. Cmon bro, just because it looks odd to you doesnt mean its not a post game. Hes not a brutish player so of course hes not going to power it down, but he will use his quickness from a postup position to outrun you to the open spot on the floor. You CAN give it to Bosh on the lowblock and have him create a quality shot. Hes one of the best post players in the game at that. Hes just a bad passer and without improving that part of his game, he wont be able to maximize both his talents and those of his superior teammates. Dirk wouldnt have that problem as hes mastered that art after the GSW-DAL debacle.

I'm glad that he didn't stay in Toronto cuz we had a more potent offensive player in Bargnani. It left Toronto looking for a REAL BIG MAN to do the dirty work.

More potent?

Chronz
09-28-2010, 03:23 PM
I guess it depends on how you define ones prime, Id say hes still in it but hes certainly past his peak, my reasons are simple, because he was all that and more at his peak.

jackdawson
09-28-2010, 03:34 PM

Dude, are you ****ing kidding me???? The point is Bosh is only 26 and Dirk is 32. Dirk will be good for 2 more years may be. Bosh is just entering his prime and will be good for another 7/8 years. It's not a hard choice to pick one between them for the future unless you are a dumbass. WTF Riley would do with Drik's accomplishments as a mav? And why exactly would Riley want a certified playoff choker on his dynasty plan?

sox_fan_35_2000
09-28-2010, 03:47 PM
That's right!

DoJoTheSlasher
09-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Dude, are you ****ing kidding me???? The point is Bosh is only 26 and Dirk is 32. Dirk will be good for 2 more years may be. Bosh is just entering his prime and will be good for another 7/8 years. It's not a hard choice to pick one between them for the future unless you are a dumbass. WTF Riley would do with Drik's accomplishments as a mav? And why exactly would Riley want a certified playoff choker on his dynasty plan?

Why don't you go through all of dirks playoff performances from his first playoff game to his last one. All of the 30-50 point games he has put up. 25 and 11 for his career. Look at his teammates statistics. Terrible. There is nothing you can point out that shows Dirk is a playoff choker aside from the rigged Finals and the GS series where he was triple teamed. Now if Dirk is a choker, then LeBron definately is a choker. Funny how the addition of LeBron makes you a "HEAT fan" again and it means you gotta disrespect other players when you have no evidence behind it.

HiphopRelated
09-28-2010, 04:03 PM

LOL, do you want Dirk on your team or not?

If you do, be HAPPY Riles didn't make a call.

Bosh is more than enough for what the Heat wants

jackdawson
09-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Why don't you go through all of dirks playoff performances from his first playoff game to his last one. All of the 30-50 point games he has put up. 25 and 11 for his career. Look at his teammates statistics. Terrible. There is nothing you can point out that shows Dirk is a playoff choker aside from the rigged Finals and the GS series where he was triple teamed. Now if Dirk is a choker, then LeBron definately is a choker. Funny how the addition of LeBron makes you a "HEAT fan" again and it means you gotta disrespect other players when you have no evidence behind it.

You are lost. Again, Dirk's individual career accomplishments mattered zero for Riley. Fact is Bosh is 26 and Dirk is 32. Now if you tell me you would choose Dirk over Bosh for next 7/8 years, then your are a plain dumba$$.

And you are out of your mind if you think Dirk is not a choker. He has always had great teams around him and the mavs basically choked every year. Please, make a poll and see if people think he is choker or not. He is the greatest choker in the basketball world IMO. I am glad Riley didn't give him a ****.

John Walls Era
09-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Dirk for 4 years gives more than Bosh for 6-10.

Bosh isn't low post either. He is weak and like these other guys say, he always is stumbling and falling in the lane. And Dirk makes more jumpshots than Bosh makes Low Post points and jumpshots together.

No this is now getting completely biased. Bosh has a better inside game than Dirk. He is definitely stronger and more athletic. 1) This isn't a Bosh vs Dirk thread. 2) Why would you even want to prove the Heat made a mistake; Aren't you a MAvs fan? Shouldn't you just be happy Dirk stays and now you'll have the 2nd seed and still get ousted early? (thats a fact sorry, I actually like the Mavs more, but my god can they not advanced in the playoffs... DONT GET ME STARTED on the FINALs loss; Dirk lost that game 3 and cost me big $).

bringinwood
09-28-2010, 04:11 PM

This post secures your homer status...

If you had to take Dirk away from his team, would they still had made the playoffs ??? Chances are they would have...

Without LeBron, the Cavs would not only would not have made the finals, the playoffs, or even been a .500 team... The Cavs wouldn't even be in Cleveland right now...

jackdawson
09-28-2010, 04:13 PM
No this is now getting completely biased. Bosh has a better inside game than Dirk. He is definitely stronger and more athletic. 1) This isn't a Bosh vs Dirk thread. 2) Why would you even want to prove the Heat made a mistake; Aren't you a MAvs fan? Shouldn't you just be happy Dirk stays and now you'll have the 2nd seed and still get ousted early? (thats a fact sorry, I actually like the Mavs more, but my god can they not advanced in the playoffs...)

LMAO!!!

Thank you!

John Walls Era
09-28-2010, 04:14 PM
You are lost. Again, Dirk's career individual accomplishments mattered zero for Riley. Fact is Bosh is 26 and Dirk is 32. Now if you tell me you would choose Dirk over Bosh for next 7/8 years, then your are a plain dumba$$.

And you are out of your mind if you think Dirk is not a choker. He has always had great teams around him and the mavs basically choked every year. Please, make a poll and see if people think he is choker or not. He is the greatest choker in the basketball world IMO. I am glad Riley didn't give him a ****.

I'll agree for the most part. How is this: CLUTCH (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zIy0kQ21Gc&feature=related)?? His FT miss cost them the series...

jackdawson
09-28-2010, 04:23 PM
I'll agree for the most part. How is this: CLUTCH (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zIy0kQ21Gc&feature=related)?? His FT miss cost them the series...

haha...Dirk is being Dirk.

Chronz
09-28-2010, 04:30 PM
That ONE play wasnt clutch but Dirks CAREER is clutch.

gsgs49
09-28-2010, 04:42 PM

Dirk is the best player in clutch behind Kobe.you can't say that he isn't clutch because of one shot.Last season he was about 98% FT shooter in the fourth quarter and he made a lot of shots under 20 sec remaining,and Dallas set a record for the most wins by a margin of one point in one season and Dirk and his clutch is the reason.

Raph12
09-29-2010, 12:41 AM
COMPLETELY HYPOTHETICAL:

Miami could do a sign and trade with Wade for Dwight (which may entice Orlando if Dwight was unhappy [HE'S NOT|FA in 2012]) and the Heat would win a ring almost every year...

Just imagine:
Chalmers
Miller
Lebron
Bosh
Dwight

...Talk about greatest frontcourt of all-time... Again it's only hypothetical and would never happen because Miami is Wade's town (they wouldn't trade him) and Orlando wouldn't trade Dwight, but it would be a fair trade and would make Miami instant winners.

D Roses Bulls
09-29-2010, 01:59 AM

so he'll be good when he is 34???? gimme a break..... bosh is mostly a low post scorer. works around the rim. those players usually arnt as productive around that age. dirk is a shooter. shooters last in the game much longer.

D Roses Bulls
09-29-2010, 02:02 AM
seriously anyone that says that they would rather have bosh then dirk is an idiot. even if you have dirk a little less time, you could of signed him to a 3 years deal and at the end, could of used all that money when his contract runs out for maybe even another max player. while in the present been unstoppable. WOW..... some people amaze me.

HiphopRelated
09-29-2010, 07:57 AM
seriously anyone that says that they would rather have bosh then dirk is an idiot. even if you have dirk a little less time, you could of signed him to a 3 years deal and at the end, could of used all that money when his contract runs out for maybe even another max player. while in the present been unstoppable. WOW..... some people amaze me.
That's why you're not a GM

HiphopRelated
09-29-2010, 08:00 AM
so he'll be good when he is 34???? gimme a break..... bosh is mostly a low post scorer. works around the rim. those players usually arnt as productive around that age. dirk is a shooter. shooters last in the game much longer.
Bosh has gone from a soft jump shooter who doesn't like to mix it up, to a low post scorer who does his work around the rim just to fit whatever the argument of the day is. People really don't know if they're coming or going with the Heat.

pistonsfanomg
09-29-2010, 08:10 AM
Thank God

Imagine if Wade and Lebron got Dirk instead of Bosh

That would have sealed the deal for Miami on Championships

Dirk > Bosh

D Roses Bulls
09-29-2010, 08:39 AM
That's why you're not a GM

and if I were..... I would of at least talked to dirk. honestly, would you rather have dirk for say 3 years, be dominate for those 3-4 years and when his contract is up have another max contract to throw at possibly d howard or someone else along that caliber then have bosh for 7 years when he'll probably play like this for 4-5 of them which wade will probably be retired by then and then you have lebron and and you can offer 2 max contracts. I mean be serious.

jackdawson
09-29-2010, 08:42 AM
For Miami's future Bosh over Dirk anyday of the week. Pat Riley owns the smartest brain in the entire nba and he knows what he is doing. There's a reason why Dirk wasn't in his plan A.
Some people here act like they understand building a championship team better than the Godfather does:facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
09-29-2010, 08:47 AM
For Miami's future Bosh over Dirk anyday of the week. Pat Riley owns the smartest brain in the entire nba and he knows what he is doing. There's a reason why Dirk wasn't in his plan A.
Some people here act like they understand building a championship team better than the Godfather does:facepalm:

I never understood why he was called that. I mean he has one ring. ONE!!! by assembling a team himself

jerry west has like 8 rings, maybe more, didnt add them up, only goin off the top of my head

even jerry krause has 6 rings by putting a championship team together. so again how does 1 ring qualify you to be called godfather??? Is it because how he dresses with the slick hair???

jackdawson
09-29-2010, 09:02 AM
I never understood why he was called that. I mean he has one ring. ONE!!! by assembling a team himself

jerry west has like 8 rings, maybe more, didnt add them up, only goin off the top of my head

even jerry krause has 6 rings by putting a championship team together. so again how does 1 ring qualify you to be called godfather??? Is it because how he dresses with the slick hair???

:facepalm::facepalm:

No because he has 7 rings and what he has done this off-season has never happened in nba history. He acquired superstars like Tim Hardaway, Alonzo Mourning, Shaq, Wade (FA), LeBron, Bosh all in their PRIMES.
Now, I have none to zero interest of talking about this in here because this is off-topic. I stated this because some people lie to themselves.

effen5
09-29-2010, 09:15 AM
yeahhh I would take a former MVP and one of the deadliest shooters in the game over Bosh anyday...

HiphopRelated
09-29-2010, 09:42 AM
and if I were..... I would of at least talked to dirk. honestly, would you rather have dirk for say 3 years, be dominate for those 3-4 years and when his contract is up have another max contract to throw at possibly d howard or someone else along that caliber then have bosh for 7 years when he'll probably play like this for 4-5 of them which wade will probably be retired by then and then you have lebron and and you can offer 2 max contracts. I mean be serious.
ridiculous

Your allstar third option, yes, I will take the 26 year old that can give me a Dynasty core over the next decade over the guy on the wrong side of 30 that gives me a 3 year window. But that's just me

Wade>You
09-29-2010, 09:50 AM
What could Dirk do for Miami outside of scoring which isn't even necessary when you're talking about LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

Fact is, Bosh shoots higher %s, REBOUNDS, better defender, PLAYS IN THE PAINT, oh and is only is 26 yrs old! :rolleyes:

Facts > Delusions.

effen5
09-29-2010, 09:51 AM
MVP
Dirk 1
Bosh 0

ZING

DWills
09-29-2010, 09:54 AM
dirks game is prolly better but bosh is a better fit for lebron and dwade......not sure dirk could get up and down the floor like this team will

HiphopRelated
09-29-2010, 10:21 AM
MVP
Dirk 1
Bosh 0

ZING
irrelevant

jackdawson
09-29-2010, 12:00 PM
What could Dirk do for Miami outside of scoring which isn't even necessary when you're talking about LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

Fact is, Bosh shoots higher %s, REBOUNDS, better defender, PLAYS IN THE PAINT, oh and is only is 26 yrs old! :rolleyes:

Facts > Delusions.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

You know which group I am laughing at ;)

Jaji
09-29-2010, 12:15 PM
dirk instead of bosh would have been even more scary...

I agree 100%. IMO Chris Bosh has become very overrated throughout this whole thing.

RCarlson85
09-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Dirk's not a fool. Of course he would have wanted to come to Miami. He should have gotten out while he could. He's not going to win a championship in Dallas and now he's stuck there.

RCarlson85
09-29-2010, 12:32 PM
I agree 100%. IMO Chris Bosh has become very overrated throughout this whole thing.

How can a player that averages 24 points and 11 rebounds and shoots over 50% from the field be overrated? I don't know who would have been better between Bosh and Dirk. They are pretty similar players. Dirk has more range, but other than that I think they are pretty similar.

JasonJohnHorn
09-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Dirk is such a stand up guy. I wonder if the 'fans have been loyal to me bit' was a jab at LBJ?

It would be crazy to watch LBJ at point, Wade at SG, Dirk at SF and Bosh PF.

Missing56&33
09-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Dirk is soft as butter. Its simple Lebron and Wade didn't want him.

FlakeyFool
09-29-2010, 04:18 PM
How can a player that averages 24 points and 11 rebounds and shoots over 50% from the field be overrated? I don't know who would have been better between Bosh and Dirk. They are pretty similar players. Dirk has more range, but other than that I think they are pretty similar.

dirk is a super star

greg_ory_2005
09-29-2010, 05:28 PM

You obviously have not watched the Raptors play.

D Roses Bulls
09-29-2010, 06:48 PM
:facepalm::facepalm:

No because he has 7 rings and what he has done this off-season has never happened in nba history. He acquired superstars like Penny Hardaway, Alonzo Mourning, Shaq, Wade (FA), LeBron, Bosh all in their PRIMES.
Now, I have none to zero interest of talking about this in here because this is off-topic. I stated this because some people lie to themselves.

7 rings..... yea from being a player and a coach....... 1 from assembling a team. AND WAIT!!!! Penny was a superstar when he acquired him???? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: wow.......

D Roses Bulls
09-29-2010, 06:50 PM
ridiculous

Your allstar third option, yes, I will take the 26 year old that can give me a Dynasty core over the next decade over the guy on the wrong side of 30 that gives me a 3 year window. But that's just me

and only heat fans. you dont have one none heat fan saying they would rather have bosh over dirk.

omdigga
09-29-2010, 11:01 PM
dirk is a better fit in my opinion.. he can pull a big away from the basket.. all the way out to the perimeter.. gives more room for bron and wade to do their thing in the lane.. and when the bigs collapse.... dirk is splashing open J's from all over the court.. add some bruisers in the middle to rebound and foul.. three-peat for the heat.. easy..

jackdawson
09-29-2010, 11:19 PM
7 rings..... yea from being a player and a coach....... 1 from assembling a team. AND WAIT!!!! Penny was a superstar when he acquired him???? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: wow.......

I was talking about Tim Hardaway. JB is the only decent bulls fan on PSD. Stop quoting me.

IBleedPurple
09-29-2010, 11:23 PM
Dirk is better, but older. The heat would definitely be more dangerous with Dirk, but he's not young like the 3.

Bosh is really good, but he really hasn't played on a team with other superstars before.

KG2TB
09-29-2010, 11:39 PM
Dirk is soft as butter. Its simple Lebron and Wade didn't want him.

The notion that Dirk is soft is a huge misconception. He's not soft at all. Miami does have one of the softest players in the league however, in Chris Bosh. Dirk is a legit superstar that doesn't get talked about much. It's unfortunate he's never had a true superstar sidekick or else he would be a lot more highly regarded and talked about.

D Roses Bulls
09-29-2010, 11:44 PM
You are an ignorant punk. I was talking about Tim Hardaway. JB is the only decent bulls fan on PSD. Stop quoting me.

how am I an ignorant punk when you said penny hardaway? it was your mistake, not mine. penny is far away from the name Tim

jackdawson
09-30-2010, 12:05 AM
how am I an ignorant punk when you said penny hardaway? it was your mistake, not mine. penny is far away from the name Tim

Ok, my bad. I meant Tim not Penny. It was an unintentional mistake. I just noticed it. Apology.