PDA

View Full Version : PSD Eastern Conference Finals (#1 Miami vs. #3 Boston)

JordansBulls
09-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Miami Heat Have Homecourt Advantage in this Series

EASTERN FINALS

Miami vs. Boston
Winner: Vote here!

--------------------------------------
Each poll will have a voting time of 5 days. This applies to each matchup until an NBA Champion has been determined.

SEMIFINALS

Miami vs. Chicago
Winner: Miami, 4-1 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535417)

Orlando vs. Boston
Winner: Boston, 4-2 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535210)

--------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST ROUND

Miami vs. NY Knicks
Winner: Miami, 4-0 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534157)

Chicago vs. Atlanta
Winner: Chicago, 4-2 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533731)

Boston vs. Milwaukee
Winner: Boston, 4-1 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533741)

Orlando vs. Charlotte
Winner: Orlando, 4-1 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534154)

The total of votes for each team will be counted (all 4 options together) and the team with the higher total wins. Eventually, the result will be the option with the most votes (out of 4 options) of the team that has the most votes altogether.

Example:

If the option which has been voted most out of all 8 in the poll is "New York in 6" (20 votes), it doesn't necessarily mean that New York has won. If New York has 50 votes (New York in 4, 5, 6 & 7 altogether), but Charlotte has 55 votes (Charlotte in 4, 5, 6 & 7 altogether), Charlotte is the winner, although it didn't have the most votes in any of its 4 single options. The option with the most votes of the winner (Charlotte) is the final result.

Let's say:
New York in 4 = 10 votes
New York in 5 = 5 votes
New York in 6 = 20 votes
New York in 7 = 15 votes
Total = 50 votes

Now lets say Charlotte has
Charlotte in 4 = 12
Charlotte in 5 = 13
Charlotte in 6 = 17
Charlotte in 7 = 13
Total = 55 votes
The winner would be Charlotte in 6 since they would have the most votes total overall and thus the option for them that was voted the most is Charlotte in 6 would become the final result.

EASTERN CONFERENCE - Regular Season

Click the team name for poll results. The 8 best records in each conference have been determined. According to league rules, the seedings are as follows

(1) Miami (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531447) - Southeast Division
(2) Orlando (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531647) - Southeast Division
(3) Boston (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531834) - Atlantic Division
(4) Chicago (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532091) - Central Division
(5) Atlanta (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532440) - Southeast Division
(6) Milwaukee (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532730) - Central Division
(7) Charlotte (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533049) - Southeast Division
(8) New York (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533384) - Atlantic Division

NOTE: Don't put this in your teams forum with a link to it or you are disqualified.

justinnum1
09-27-2010, 06:40 PM
I said Miami in 7, but if Boston is facing any injuries which is very possible, Miami could win in less.

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Boston in 6.

Too much experience and big guys, plus they are a proven TEAM.

Khalifa21
09-27-2010, 06:45 PM
Boston would be ran ragged by Bron and Wade and their age would really show through in a seven game series... Heat in 6.

CHANGO
09-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Very close series, Miami in 7!

dc5jdm
09-27-2010, 06:53 PM
il take Boston in a 7 game series
too much depth inside for Boston, lebron and wade can win 3 games i just dont seem them winning if boston plays tough like they always do. Miami might be too soft down low.

kjoke
09-27-2010, 06:58 PM
heat in 6, but lets see the season opener to see where this team is at, but know i go with heat

j-bay
09-27-2010, 06:58 PM
celtics in 7 alot of talent around you got west and robinson and j o'neal, the big 3, rondo, but what gives boston an edge is their big men davis,shaq,perk. the heat don't have good big men so thats what gives the celtics the edge

ShaqShoes
09-27-2010, 07:02 PM
**** I meant to put HEAT in 7.

J_M_B
09-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Miami edges out Boston.

TylerSL
09-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Heat in 6, Boston is amazing and all but if Wade killed them with no help, what do you think will happen with Lebron and Bosh now? Boston is good enough to keep it close, I say Boston will even win a 1 in Miami, but Miami will take at least 1 in Boston. Boston's defense is amazing yes, but if Wade killed them while they constantly triple teamed him, they wont be able to triple team him now with Lebron and Bosh? Miami is just too much for Boston but Boston will make it alot closer than any other team in the East can. IMO Boston is the only team in the East that I think could beat Miami at home in the playoffs. I still stand with what I said tho, Heat in 6.

tcav701
09-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Its gonna take more than 3 guys to knock off this DEEP boston squad.

TylerSL
09-27-2010, 07:37 PM
Its gonna take more than 3 guys to knock off this DEEP boston squad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=771MZUtK8Tk&feature=related

that is another x-factor as to why the Heat would win this series.

tcav701
09-27-2010, 07:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=771MZUtK8Tk&feature=related

that is another x-factor as to why the Heat would win this series.

We know the Heat won this summer but to think they are the favorites over the Celtics without playing a game is a little premature.

I know you are a Heat fan but I'm not ready to give this makeshift band a grammy before their first single.

TylerSL
09-27-2010, 07:52 PM
We know the Heat won this summer but to think they are the favorites over the Celtics without playing a game is a little premature.

I know you are a Heat fan but I'm not ready to give this makeshift band a grammy before their first single.

this is where people contridict themselves. They all say the Heat havent played a game yet so they are not the team to beat. Well I know that, but guess what. Boston hasnt played a game yet with their team either. We dont know how much they will regress because of age, or how Shaq will play into their system. We dont know how they are going to resolve their Center problem when Perkins gets back they will have a problem because KG and Big Baby play the PF posision. Whose minutes do they cut? Perkins? Shaq, or JO's? If they cut Perkins, he already doesnt like Shaq so that would be a problem. If they cut Shaq's, he complained that Mo Williams scored more then him. If him and Perkins dont really like each other and they give Perkins conciderablly more minutes than Shaq, Shaq will be bound to start running his mouth. If you dont ever play JO, then why would you sign him? Those are all questions the C's will have to answer during the season. So its pretty dumb to use the excuse "we dont know how good they will be because they havent played together"

Ethix11
09-27-2010, 07:54 PM
Damn he made 27 out of 30. Thats like 90% shooting from that spot while left open. This guy will put points on the board faster than you can count if you dont watch him. This opens up Boston inside for Wade and James to score or assist at will. I think Boston is better than LA. Heat in 7.

TylerSL
09-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Damn he made 27 out of 30. Thats like 90% shooting from that spot while left open. This guy will put points on the board faster than you can count if you dont watch him. This opens up Boston inside for Wade and James to score or assist at will. I think Boston is better than LA. Heat in 7.

exactly Boston is better than LA IMO too. Boston will keep it closer than any team IMO but Miami will be just too much for Boston as well.

tcav701
09-27-2010, 07:59 PM
this is where people contridict themselves. They all say the Heat havent played a game yet so they are not the team to beat. Well I know that, but guess what. Boston hasnt played a game yet with their team either. We dont know how much they will regress because of age, or how Shaq will play into their system. We dont know how they are going to resolve their Center problem when Perkins gets back they will have a problem because KG and Big Baby play the PF posision. Whose minutes do they cut? Perkins? Shaq, or JO's? If they cut Perkins, he already doesnt like Shaq so that would be a problem. If they cut Shaq's, he complained that Mo Williams scored more then him. If him and Perkins dont really like each other and they give Perkins conciderablly more minutes than Shaq, Shaq will be bound to start running his mouth. If you dont ever play JO, then why would you sign him? Those are all questions the C's will have to answer during the season. So its pretty dumb to use the excuse "we dont know how good they will be because they havent played together"

And even though less than half of your concerns have any merit, it is still a fraction of the questions the Heat face.

The Celtics were one game from winning the title last year and they got deeper. Half of the Miami roster wouldnt play 1 minute on the Celtics. I'm not saying the Heat can't win this series, of course they can. But any non homer fan knows the Celtics are the team to beat. They have their starting 5 back from last year and the deepest frontcourt in the east.

The C's will be able to afford to lose some players to injurys and still be the class of the east. The Heat cant afford a single injury with the big 3 or they wont make it even this far.

I understand it's all speculative but if both teams are healthy and happy (which I'm assuming this thread implies), the C's are still the better team.

EDIT: And if the officiating is like last years ECF's, Miami will get beat up all series long. They let them play last year and I dont think the Heat will do well if Boston is allowed to play physical.

TylerSL
09-27-2010, 08:10 PM
And even though less than half of your concerns have any merit, it is still a fraction of the questions the Heat face.

The Celtics were one game from winning the title last year and they got deeper. Half of the Miami roster wouldnt play 1 minute on the Celtics. I'm not saying the Heat can't win this series, of course they can. But any non homer fan knows the Celtics are the team to beat. They have their starting 5 back from last year and the deepest frontcourt in the east.

The C's will be able to afford to lose some players to injurys and still be the class of the east. The Heat cant afford a single injury with the big 3 or they wont make it even this far.

I understand it's all speculative but if both teams are healthy and happy (which I'm assuming this thread implies), the C's are still the better team.

If you accually read my last post, I accually said "I know that" about the Heat not being the team to beat. I also said Boston is better than LA IMO and can keep it close. I love Boston, I can go on and on about how good they are. IMO if they were healthy, they would have won 3 peated and beat the Lakers 3 years in a row. I understand that you think the C's are better. Here is why I accually think the Heat are better. We can both agree that the Celtics have the best defense in the league. We should both agree that Wade had little to no help at all last year. The Celtics constantly triple teamed Wade and he still posted
PER-29.4
TS%-650%
eFG%-632%
Assist%-40.0%
Steal%-2.0%
Block%-3.2%
USG%-34.0%
ORtg-115
DRtg-104
Win Share-1

He only had 1 win share, but the Heat only won 1 game. If Wade does that with little to no help. How can the C's stop the Heat when you add Lebron and Bosh to the picture, while guys like Miller/House/Chalmers will be hitting 3's. Also Wade and Lebron are some of the best at getting to the line and picking up fouls and that is why I just cant see the C's beating Miami here.

CHANGO
09-27-2010, 08:12 PM
The Celtics are the team to beat, going to be a well-matched series, I think the pairing would
Miller or Chalmers - Rondo
Wade - Allen
Lebron - Pierce
Bosh - Garnett
Ilgauzkas or Anthony - Shaq, J'O, Perkins

Nothing is written, but not the same defend Wade and Lebron separated in different teams, having them both together, Bosh, and a great shooter from three as is Miller. So it will be interesting!

TylerSL
09-27-2010, 08:13 PM
btw I know the Heat probably wont win this poll because only Heat fans will vote for the Heat here. And I really do hope that the Heat and C's play in the ECF. Would be a good series.

TylerSL
09-27-2010, 08:15 PM
wow, what 2 idiots voted Miami and Boston in 4?

tcav701
09-27-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm not gonna bash the Heat. I see them winning 2-3 rings with this core. I just dont see it in year one. Chemistry will be huge defensively, especially when they have defensive liabilities on the floor.

Team defense will beat Iso offense when the officials let players play in June.

But it will be a hell of a series, I kinda have a boner because they are playing opening night..

TylerSL
09-27-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm not gonna bash the Heat. I see them winning 2-3 rings with this core. I just dont see it in year one. Chemistry will be huge defensively, especially when they have defensive liabilities on the floor.

well unless the Bulls somehow pull off a deal for either
A.Melo and Nene
B.Melo without trading Noah
C.Melo and and sign Dampier
I see Miami and Boston in the ECF, and we will see what happens if/when the accually play in the ECF.

justinnum1
09-27-2010, 09:06 PM

EDIT: And if the officiating is like last years ECF's, Miami will get beat up all series long. They let them play last year and I dont think the Heat will do well if Boston is allowed to play physical.

:facepalm:

Super.
09-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Bosh is going to get Physically raped by Boston's deep big lineup. And Boston has a MUCH better bench.

We all know Wade and LeBron are going to get their points, but I still think that Boston can eek out a 7 game series.

Chacarron
09-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Boston in 7.

IversonIsKrazy
09-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Boston's physicality will truly slow down the HEat's offense. Bosh will be a complete non-factor. LeBron would struggle. They would get out-rebounded by 20+ every nite. I went with Boston in 6.

justinnum1
09-27-2010, 10:19 PM
????

Go hide in the Heat forum like you did before last summer you useless homer.

If you are going to quote my posts, respond with something knowledgeable. But by judging your 5,000 previous posts, that may be impossible for you.

:facepalm::facepalm: Another heat hater:clap:
:rolleyes:

TylerSL
09-27-2010, 10:24 PM
Boston's physicality will truly slow down the HEat's offense. Bosh will be a complete non-factor. LeBron would struggle. They would get out-rebounded by 20+ every nite. I went with Boston in 6.

it will be truly hard for Boston to outrebound the Heat 20+ every night with all of their bigs in foul trouble, which is exactly what will happen.

kjoke
09-27-2010, 10:54 PM
heat win by a blow out

dbeastly
09-27-2010, 11:37 PM
Bosh is going to get Physically raped by Boston's deep big lineup. And Boston has a MUCH better bench.

We all know Wade and LeBron are going to get their points, but I still think that Boston can eek out a 7 game series.

Shaq/JO vs. Ilgauskas: adv. Boston
Glenn Davis vs. Haslem: adv. Miami
?(I believe Von Wafer?) vs. Mike Miller: adv. Miami
West vs. House: push
Robinson vs. Arroyo: No telling who's better here

The center position(although I still think they're just washed up garbage) is about the only position that they can be considered deep in. Add in the fact that everyone they have is either injury prone or a senior citizen and they can't even keep up with Miami's youth. You have a lot of flaws in your logic sir. The fact that everyone is so quick to just write off Bosh as "soft" and not even mention that no one on their team is even close to healthy(esp. Garnett) is ridiculous. You so called analysts forget to even mention that DWYANE WADE AND LEBRON JAMES ARE ON THE SAME ******* TEAM!!!!.

beasted86
09-27-2010, 11:51 PM

:clap:

beasted86
09-28-2010, 12:09 AM
I'm sure people will think I'm just some dumb homer, but there is no chance the Celtics make it to the Finals again with the frontcourt of a 34yr old Kevin Garnett and 38yr old Shaquille O'Neal unless some serious injuries happen to the Heat or Magic.

You can quote me on that and bookmark it.

1-800-STFU
09-28-2010, 12:15 AM

Hoopsadvocate
09-28-2010, 12:15 AM
Cavs took them to 6 games with an injured lebron and no help. Wade took them to 5 by his self. Boston added a guy who provided absolutley no help in the playoffs for our team as a 2nd option (JO) and a old *** shaq who couldnt help the cavs win one game against the same team. Overall there not gonna be significant help. Bosh added to Lebron who took this team to 6 games and wades who took them to 5 will be a significant help.

With that said HEAT in 7 soley because of the team play of the celtics and there defense could razzel us for a couple games but in all honesty each of these 3 guys can win at least 1 game against them on their own (two of them proved it) with more help this year its only logical to think we'd win, but it will not be easy.

Avenged
09-28-2010, 12:46 AM
The Heat win this in a close game 7..

It could really go either way though in my opinion, but i'd give the edge to the team with HCA and a player who has absolutely dominated single handily in the Finals a couple years ago (Wade).

DoJoTheSlasher
09-28-2010, 01:52 AM
Boston in 6.

LeBron will dominate Pierce and Wade will dominate Allen but besides them who else?

Bosh is terribly overrated and Garnett will absolutely LOCK HIM DOWN. Mike Miller will hit a few 3;s but he isn't the same Miller from the Grizzlies 5 years ago.

The HEAT have about 3 players off the bench who could do something. Miller, Ilgauskus and Haslem.

Boston has a top 5 PG in Rondo who will dominate Chalmers. Ray Allen will get his 3;s and Pierce will still get his 18-20 a night. KG won't do much offensively but he will lock down Bosh. Shaq and Jermaine will find it easy to score down low. Robinson and Big Baby will bring that energy off the bench (which will win them 1-2 big games in the playoffs). Oh wait... ANOTHER BIG? Top notch defensive center Kendrick Perkins? Perkins, O Neal and O Neal will DOMINATE Miami. Avery Bradley will be a defender and he could hit some shots for them. All of this and I still haven't brought up Delonte West, who is a very talented player. He can score, pass and defend.

Boston has about 12 players who can contribute while Miami has up to 8-9.

Rondo
Allen
Pierce
Garnett
Shaq
Jermaine O Neal
Perkins
Robinson
West
Big Baby
West

BOSTON IN 6

Jonathan2323
09-28-2010, 01:56 AM
Boston in 6.

LeBron will dominate Pierce and Wade will dominate Allen but besides them who else?

Bosh is terribly overrated and Garnett will absolutely LOCK HIM DOWN. Mike Miller will hit a few 3;s but he isn't the same Miller from the Grizzlies 5 years ago.

The HEAT have about 3 players off the bench who could do something. Miller, Ilgauskus and Haslem.

Boston has a top 5 PG in Rondo who will dominate Chalmers. Ray Allen will get his 3;s and Pierce will still get his 18-20 a night. KG won't do much offensively but he will lock down Bosh. Shaq and Jermaine will find it easy to score down low. Robinson and Big Baby will bring that energy off the bench (which will win them 1-2 big games in the playoffs). Oh wait... ANOTHER BIG? Top notch defensive center Kendrick Perkins? Perkins, O Neal and O Neal will DOMINATE Miami. Avery Bradley will be a defender and he could hit some shots for them. All of this and I still haven't brought up Delonte West, who is a very talented player. He can score, pass and defend.

Boston has about 12 players who can contribute while Miami has up to 8-9.

Rondo
Allen
Pierce
Garnett
Shaq
Jermaine O Neal
Perkins
Robinson
West
Big Baby
West

BOSTON IN 6

Doesn't matter if Boston has 12 players that can contribute, in the playoffs the rotations shrink. Are people forgetting how good Wade and LeBron are???

Bosh is overrated? 24 and 10 last year

Miller will hit a few 3s? He will be wide open all day.

Antipod
09-28-2010, 02:18 AM
I think this may surely be a 7 game series, but who wins it...hard to say.

REALLYYYYY?
09-28-2010, 02:37 AM
Boston in 3.

jackdawson
09-28-2010, 02:48 AM
It will be hell of a series. To me the only team in the league that can scare the Heat is Boston Celtics. That being said I think the Heat wins it in 6. Wade-LeBron is a too much of a force. Celtics have no one to contain either.

Kashmir13579
09-28-2010, 02:57 AM
rajon is gonna make one of them cry.

DoJoTheSlasher
09-28-2010, 03:34 AM
Doesn't matter if Boston has 12 players that can contribute, in the playoffs the rotations shrink. Are people forgetting how good Wade and LeBron are???

Bosh is overrated? 24 and 10 last year

Miller will hit a few 3s? He will be wide open all day.

He has like 11 playoff games under his belt, in the EAST, in 7 years.

Ace33Bone
09-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Boston's bigs will prove to be too much for the Heat's Big Three... I also see PP having a big series

Super.
09-28-2010, 11:16 AM
This is close. Which I love.

justinnum1
09-28-2010, 11:33 AM
rajon is gonna make one of them cry.

:laugh:

tcav701
09-28-2010, 12:47 PM

great contribution as usual.

ShaqShoes
09-28-2010, 12:58 PM

You are quite possibly the biggest homer on this website.

BOSTON617
09-28-2010, 01:11 PM

pls exp y that is so funny who the hell is going to guard rondo.... chalmers the only way ur going to be able to stop him is putting wade at pg but rondo is the best defensive pg in the league ( i feel or a top 3) and can def do a good job on guarding d-wade and pierce always does a great job on guarding lebron so stop being a homer....

celtics in 7 but next years heat take east (first time playing together under preasure) not a homer pick i have lakers vs celtics for one last finals

daleja424
09-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Here is how I see it... each team has an edge in different areas

The Celts have a big man advantage

Miami has a speed and skill advantage

The Celts advantage is centered around two ANCIENT centers
Miami's advantage is centered around 3 guys in their prime

my money is on Miami

The fact that people are picking Boston b/c of Shaq and JO (guys that are considered "washed up" in any other analysis) is pretty weak.

daleja424
09-28-2010, 01:15 PM
how quickly people forget the headache that Wade alone gave Boston last year...

HoopsDrive
09-28-2010, 01:44 PM
Heat in 6.

If Wade gave Boston a fit by himself imagine adding someone better in LBJ and a good sidekick in Bosh.

todu82
09-28-2010, 02:02 PM
Miami in 7

justinnum1
09-28-2010, 02:11 PM
pls exp y that is so funny who the hell is going to guard rondo.... chalmers the only way ur going to be able to stop him is putting wade at pg but rondo is the best defensive pg in the league ( i feel or a top 3) and can def do a good job on guarding d-wade and pierce always does a great job on guarding lebron so stop being a homer....

celtics in 7 but next years heat take east (first time playing together under preasure) not a homer pick i have lakers vs celtics for one last finals

:facepalm: Wade on Rondo would be devastating for the Celtics, He will prevent Rondo from penetrating and relegate him to a jump shooter where he fails. Just look at how Kobe handled Rondo in the Playoffs.

And :facepalm: for everyone underestimating the Heat's defense.

tcav701
09-28-2010, 02:15 PM
:facepalm: Wade on Rondo would be devastating for the Celtics, He will prevent Rondo from penetrating and relegate him to a jump shooter where he fails. Just look at how Kobe handled Rondo in the Playoffs.

So the Chalmers is gonna chase Ray Ray around screens and be able to bother his shot?

Doubt it.

Chalmers will be gaurding Rondo for the most part.

And if anything Bosh is overated as a defender.

davids22
09-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Huge Lebron fan here (so I'm a bandwagon Heat fan :P), and this series is going to be the closest series ever. The Heat SHOULD win it since they have the skill and the speed (they could run the fastbreak all day and Shaq and KG wouldn't be able to keep up), but I would not be shocked at all to see the Celtics experience and defense take this.

My heart says Heat in 6-7, but my brain says Celtics in 6.

justinnum1
09-28-2010, 02:41 PM
So the Chalmers is gonna chase Ray Ray around screens and be able to bother his shot?

Doubt it.

Chalmers will be gaurding Rondo for the most part.

And if anything Bosh is overated as a defender.

You really don't know what your talking about. Miller will be guarding Ray allen. Bosh's defensive will be surprisingly good in the Miami system, Miami is all about defense. Now your just sounding like a hater.

tcav701
09-28-2010, 02:50 PM

You really don't know what your talking about. Miller will be guarding Ray allen. Bosh's defensive will be surprisingly good in the Miami system, Miami is all about defense. Now your just sounding like a hater.

I dont know what I'm talking about?

Team defense is based on chemistry not by compiling average defenders. When Miller is on the floor he will be at the 2 and will be gaurding Allen. But Chalmers is the projected starter and when Mario is on the floor, he will be gaurding Rondo.

The Miami system?

They arent even considered a top 10 defensive team and are adding a defensive liability in Bosh.

Are you implying that by playing for Miami bad defenders will morph into great ones in year one?

You have never posted anything knowledgeable in any thread ever. When you want to talk basketball and put down your Heat pom poms let me know.

P.S. if you are illiterate or have a learning disability, please let me know. I would then understand the content of your posts and would owe you an apology.

justinnum1
09-28-2010, 02:55 PM

Team defense is based on chemistry not by compiling average defenders. When Miller is on the floor he will be at the 2 and will be gaurding Allen. But Chalmers is the projected starter and when Mario is on the floor, he will be gaurding Rondo.

The Miami system?

They arent even considered a top 10 defensive team and are adding a defensive liability in Bosh.

Are you implying that by playing for Miami bad defenders will morph into great ones in year one?

You have never posted anything knowledgeable in any thread ever. When you want to talk basketball and put down your Heat pom poms let me know.

P.S. if you are illiterate or have a learning disability, please let me know. I would then understand the content of your posts and would owe you an apology.

:facepalm: Stats don't lie, keep on hating, it makes you look jealous and insecure. Quite funny.

tcav701
09-28-2010, 03:05 PM
:facepalm: Stats don't lie, keep on hating, it makes you look jealous and insecure. Quite funny.

So youre gonna bold one thing you disagree with and state that makes me insecure?

The Heat will not be considered a top 10 team defensively going into this year.

I will fist off say that there are several Heat fans that I really enjoy reading. Your boy Tyler is one of them who contributed to this post. Please take notes from him.

As for you,

Why dont you debate any of the other points on there because you cant. You know nothing about the game and if im a "hater" because I do not think the Heat will walk through the playoffs then so be it.

You are good for 3 types of posts:

1. Calling anyone that thinks the Heat will lose a single game a hater.
2. Putting down someone's post with a facepalm and never being able to explain why.
3. Blind optimism about the Heat.

I'm not going to put down the heat, they have 3 top 20 players in the league and got a great chance at winning a few rings. But everything you post just reinforces what people think about the majority of Heat fans on PSD.

Present us with some knowledge or go to the Heat forum where you belong. The fact you are a consistent waste of a post does not make me a Heat hater.

DeronWilliams#1
09-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Miami in 5.

pebloemer
09-28-2010, 04:24 PM
I'd love to see this series in real life.

First time I considered voting against the Heat. LeBron and Wade would put them over the Top though in a 7 game series. Would be a joy to watch the Heat challenged inside by JO, Garnett, Perkins and Shaq. Those big bodies may be too much in the long run, but I do have the Heat prevailing here.

godolphins
09-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Miami wins in 6 games

still1ballin
09-28-2010, 04:44 PM
I like Boston. They have too much experience and will probably be the underdogs in the series and time after time they always come out the winner. Boston scares me IMO

Fmaranesi
09-28-2010, 04:56 PM
So youre gonna bold one thing you disagree with and state that makes me insecure?

The Heat will not be considered a top 10 team defensively going into this year.

I will fist off say that there are several Heat fans that I really enjoy reading. Your boy Tyler is one of them who contributed to this post. Please take notes from him.

As for you,

Why dont you debate any of the other points on there because you cant. You know nothing about the game and if im a "hater" because I do not think the Heat will walk through the playoffs then so be it.

You are good for 3 types of posts:

1. Calling anyone that thinks the Heat will lose a single game a hater.
2. Putting down someone's post with a facepalm and never being able to explain why.
3. Blind optimism about the Heat.

I'm not going to put down the heat, they have 3 top 20 players in the league and got a great chance at winning a few rings. But everything you post just reinforces what people think about the majority of Heat fans on PSD.

Present us with some knowledge or go to the Heat forum where you belong. The fact you are a consistent waste of a post does not make me a Heat hater.

How can you say that the Heat wont be a top 10 defensive team when last year with a bunch of scrubs playing with wade the Heat were(in the entire league) 2nd in points allowed, 2nd in opponent field goal percentage, 4th in 3point percentage allowed, 12th in steals, 4th in blocks...that is with beasley, 1st year starter oneal and 1st year starter richardson. The heat will have a top 5 defense this year because the system that the Heat run is all about defense.

CHANGO
09-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Anything can happen, but with these two beasts playing together, who knows that might happen ...

Just to clarify something, the Heat were the second best team in points allowed last season.

Charlotte 93.8
Miami 94.2
Portland 94.8
Orlando 95.3
Boston and Cleveland 95.6

In assists allowed, were first, with fewer assists per game allowed, with 18.8 per game. Followed, Orlando, San Antonio, Milwaukee, Portland and Boston.

So, yes, the Heat are a good defensive team, will say that now is a new team, but even Boston has many new players, so nothing is written. LOL, and I will continue writing this, until starting to write the story!

tcav701
09-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Well we can agree to disagree.

Their per game stats last year were good and I know that. But even if the team is defensive minded in philosiphy, they have added offensive minded starters and role players.

So your right, I cant say they wont be a top 10 team defensively that remains to be seen. But team defense is about chemistry it doesnt just happen.

So we will see on that one. My main points for the last few pages have been me being fed up with Justin. He should have done what you guys did and provided some reasonable evidence to argue me.

jackdawson
09-28-2010, 05:22 PM

Celtics in 2008.

And you are saying you are not being homer. That's fine if you say Celtics will win but don't be a hypocrite.

jackdawson
09-28-2010, 05:38 PM

The Miami system?

Don't kid yourself. Miami was the 2nd best defensive team in the league at Opponent Points Per Game this past season. And from that team only JO defense is gone but added more to it this off-season.
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/stat/team-comparison-per-game/sort/avgPointsOpponent

EDIT:

And also read this:

How can you say that the Heat wont be a top 10 defensive team when last year with a bunch of scrubs playing with wade the Heat were(in the entire league) 2nd in points allowed, 2nd in opponent field goal percentage, 4th in 3point percentage allowed, 12th in steals, 4th in blocks...that is with beasley, 1st year starter oneal and 1st year starter richardson. The heat will have a top 5 defense this year because the system that the Heat run is all about defense.

Thanks Fmaranesi. I didn't see your post at first. You proved him even more ****.

Hoopsadvocate
09-28-2010, 09:47 PM

The Miami system?

Dude i really wanted to give u the benefit of the doubt and thought u were just trying to make a valid arguement for boston but after reading through a couple of your posts here im convinced ur just another bandwagon hater who knows absolutley nothing about our team u just say things that arent true.

For example the highlighted post. Your talking out your *** because if you really did your research on our team ud know last year we were 2nd in opp ppg while the team ur advocating for (boston) was 5th.

And that was with no famed perimeter stopper, an old bad knee JO at center, and undersized pf in haslem and a much worst defensive liability than anyone currently on our roster in michael beasley.

If we made it to 2nd in the league with those guys u really think we cant do atleast that good (not to mention much better) with the upgrades we have now.

Dont insult others when u yourself are speaking without any ground to walk on.

TylerSL
09-28-2010, 10:20 PM
wow, tcav :facepalm: The Heat had the #5 rated defense last year and Beasley is alot bigger defensive liability than freaking Bosh. Beasley didnt know what the hell was going on on defense. You truley are just talking out of your *** and it is making you look dumb. :pity:

None of your agruements on the Heat hold any water......

BOSTON617
09-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Celtics in 2008.

And you are saying you are not being homer. That's fine if you say Celtics will win but don't be a hypocrite.

the celtics in 2008 haave all been there done that you can call me a hypocrite but ray allen, paul pierce, and kg all been to the playoff before kg, and pierce both been to the east and west coast finals i mean wade been to a championship, bron bron too but bosh is a ? mark under preasure esp going agasint kg and all our bigs so ya your team is a ? against bostons bigs in the eastern finals game and ya im such a hypocrite hmmmm :facepalm:

BOSTON617
09-30-2010, 10:56 AM

ya i dont think you know what your talking about..... you just said miller will b guarding ray ray

so your starting line up is

d wade
miller
james
bosh
big z

dont get me wrong sound dominent until one of them get tired so i tihnk chalemers with be starter and miller will be coming in for wade and james when they need to rest make sense:eyebrow: lmao so that means ray ray or rondo will be most likly dominent and i sig bet you right now that our ibgs would dominate this series since you know so much about this heat team you should have no prob saying that everyone on the heat team will stop the celtics **** y even play the game we already lost!!!!!:rolleyes: pierce does really good against lebron in every way and kg will intimidate bosh easily the only person who im worried about is d-wade witch rondo and ray can do pretty decent on

Boo2u
09-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Boston would be ran ragged by Bron and Wade and their age would really show through in a seven game series... Heat in 6.

OK, clearly I'm a homer... but I don't see Boston being run ragged, considering the depth of the bench. Jermaine O'Neil gets tired, Shaq steps in. Shaq needs a break, Perk steps in. The big men are the usual slowdowns, and I think Boston has that covered. Ray Allen is in better shape than 90% of the league. Pierce's backup is the only concern in my mind for who steps in when he takes a breather.

The first five off the Boston bench could all start for other teams in the league... this team wouldn't make the playoffs, but a bench like this will keep the starters fresh:

C - Shaq
PF - Glen "BB" Davis
SF - Marquis Daniels
SG - Delonte West
PG - Nate Robinson

Looking at that bench, I'd say the disadvantage from a hard fought game/series would wear down the Heat more, despite the youth/age advantage. Heat bench has some talent, but not on the same level.

All that said, this is going to be a battle that nobody can predict. That's what makes this season so much fun... both teams are dominant on paper, and we have no idea how the matchup will play out on the court.

Bring on the Season... Celts vs. Heat opening day!

69centers
09-30-2010, 11:37 AM
I said Miami in 7, but if Boston is facing any injuries which is very possible, Miami could win in less.

We're so deep, an injury or two won't even matter. I voted C's in 7, but didn't realize Miami had HC. C's in 6 then.

Heater4life
09-30-2010, 11:39 AM
This series is going to be played VERY hard. Both teams are talented, gritty, and determined.

Although Boston has very good chemistry and have a size advantage, I think there bench this year lacks fire. Nate Robinson is a good little spark plug but i think people are underestimating Tony Allens departure as a defensive energy guy. Also, there backcourt depth is plenty but undersized. If Miami plays big in the backcourt (Bron, Miller, Wade), in combination with the talent at those positions, it will present problems for Boston.

I think Miami's biggest strength, which has been ignored this off-season is line-up versatility. Bron, Miller being able to play 1-3 (bron some 4, wade 1-2) with there size will make most teams have to concede advantages in Miami favor.

BOSTON617
09-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Again, stop mumbling and use punctuations. Bosh hasn't gotten to any conference finals. Ray didn't get either. What's the big deal? How would you equate Wade's ring in that case? How would equate LeBron going to the finals? None of KG, Ray, Pierce had done that before 2008? So wtf is your point?

And Celtics bigs are all dinosaurs now. I won't worry about them much. Rondo is the only celtic player that can give us realistic trouble but we have ENOUGH perimeter defense to make him take jump shots. And Heat defense is team oriented defense not one-on-one. The fact Wade will make Ray his *** in every single second of the game. Wade-Lebron will simply be too much of a force for the dinosaurs.

if im mumbling dont answer me lol :rolleyes: witch im typing so how owuld i be mumbling:eyebrow: and ya if u read what i said for the 100000th time i said our bigs will eat your team alive.....and to naswer the expiernce part im talking about age it does not matter about who went where that is about equal almost celtics got a little ibt more expiernce im talking about egos here.... pls just dont respond your taking everything i say out of context and your arguing the same thing every post and i answer it each time ill sig bet you when palyoffs come easy said and done with lmao heat fans are homers :facepalm:

dev0
09-30-2010, 12:03 PM
let's just say that It'll be interesting. The game would be in Miami, if it was in Boston's "Jungle" I might be swayed the other way, but in a long seven game series i'm going with the hometown Heat over the (probably) worn down Celtics.

Boo2u
09-30-2010, 12:36 PM
This series is going to be played VERY hard. Both teams are talented, gritty, and determined.

Although Boston has very good chemistry and have a size advantage, I think there bench this year lacks fire. Nate Robinson is a good little spark plug but i think people are underestimating Tony Allens departure as a defensive energy guy. Also, there backcourt depth is plenty but undersized. If Miami plays big in the backcourt (Bron, Miller, Wade), in combination with the talent at those positions, it will present problems for Boston.

I think Miami's biggest strength, which has been ignored this off-season is line-up versatility. Bron, Miller being able to play 1-3 (bron some 4, wade 1-2) with there size will make most teams have to concede advantages in Miami favor.

If you're playing LeBron and Wade in order to stop our bench... going to be a long game & wear them down. And isn't Miller the backup to LeBron? I thought they wouldn't be on the court together much. The Heat bench would struggle against Rondo, Allen & Pierce too, no?

So if we looked beyond the starters at the bench team (compare apples to apples), then size advantage disappears. Your bench backcourt becomes:

PG - Arroyo at 6'2"
SG - House at 6'1"
SF - Miller at 6'8"

for the Celts bench:

PG - Robinson at 5'9"
SG - West at 6'3"
SF - Daniels at 6'6" (or Gaffney at 6'8")

*Note: Current depth chart has Daniels at SG, Gaffney at SF... making the Celts much bigger for backcourt bench... but first practice had West at SG and Daniels at SF for the 2nd team).

So what you're telling us, is that Robinson is short? We kinda knew that, but he plays a little bigger (clearly he has hops, as 3 slam dunk championship titles prove).

dnewguy
09-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Boston faced 1 superstar teams in the East last season.....Wade-Bron-Howard. They struggled against Kobe and Gasol, plus Beasley won't be guarding Big baby, Lebron will....this would be a sweep, that's if Celtics make it to the finals. My gut feelings tell me they'll be out in round 1.

Heater4life
09-30-2010, 01:48 PM
If you're playing LeBron and Wade in order to stop our bench... going to be a long game & wear them down. And isn't Miller the backup to LeBron? I thought they wouldn't be on the court together much. The Heat bench would struggle against Rondo, Allen & Pierce too, no?

So if we looked beyond the starters at the bench team (compare apples to apples), then size advantage disappears. Your bench backcourt becomes:

PG - Arroyo at 6'2"
SG - House at 6'1"
SF - Miller at 6'8"

for the Celts bench:

PG - Robinson at 5'9"
SG - West at 6'3"
SF - Daniels at 6'6" (or Gaffney at 6'8")

*Note: Current depth chart has Daniels at SG, Gaffney at SF... making the Celts much bigger for backcourt bench... but first practice had West at SG and Daniels at SF for the 2nd team).

So what you're telling us, is that Robinson is short? We kinda knew that, but he plays a little bigger (clearly he has hops, as 3 slam dunk championship titles prove).

I was pointing out our starters vs your bench because one of the big three is expected to be on the court at all times this season, thus at some point one of our players will be going against an undersized Celtic opponent. Whether it be Bron with Daniels, Wade with Nate or Delonte, Miller with Delonte, etc. Given how Bron and Wade are great individual talents you can see where that my be an issue for short stints in a game (given that they dont need much time to get going). Also, I attempted to point out how your bench is lacking a defensive energy guy, Delonte, Marquis, and Nate are ALL defensive liabilities, IMO from what i have seen of them in the past.

*Also take into consideration, the skill-set in combination with actual size. I seriously doubt anyone would state that 6'8 Tony Gaffney is capable of solid contributions over any players noted above. (celtics included)

j-bay
09-30-2010, 05:24 PM
wow the celts came back

Heater4life
09-30-2010, 05:37 PM
wow the celts came back

yea...there still down 18 votes though...

COOLbeans
09-30-2010, 05:59 PM
a completely un-biased opinion: Boston in 7

avrpatsfan
09-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Boston faced 1 superstar teams in the East last season.....Wade-Bron-Howard. They struggled against Kobe and Gasol, plus Beasley won't be guarding Big baby, Lebron will....this would be a sweep, that's if Celtics make it to the finals. My gut feelings tell me they'll be out in round 1.
Funny **** man. Unless the refs give Bosh, Wade, and Bron the superstar calls I can't see the Heat winning a series against the Celtics. I would say Celtics in 6 but it's a tough call. It's tough to make a decision on this right now before the Heat have even played 1 preseason game. Heat Celtics in the first game should be good.
Anyways, how are you guys going to cover Rondo? Wade? Then Allen will have a field day. Lebron? Hah. Unless you guys plan on putting Bron or Wade on Rondo the whole game Rondo is going to run circles around those guys. This is going to be an awesome season for sure.

godolphins
09-30-2010, 07:19 PM
wow the celts came back

I'm guessing people are starting to create duplicate accounts

heattiltheend94
09-30-2010, 07:37 PM

But it will be a hell of a series, I kinda have a boner because they are playing opening night..

I thought Celtics fans would be the last team to say that it takes more than one year to get a championship.

SB1
09-30-2010, 10:14 PM
gonna be a great series... Heat in 6

Super.
09-30-2010, 11:20 PM

Celtics out in Round 1? Riiight. This is the same playoff Juggernaught we all saw last year right? With more Depth and a reinvigorated KG?

Knicks21
10-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Ray Allen will get torched in this series, he doesn't have "the quick feet" he used to have. You need that if your defending a guy like wade.

Testaverde16
10-01-2010, 09:45 AM
veteran boston team has one more second place finish in em.

Hoopsadvocate
10-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Funny **** man. Unless the refs give Bosh, Wade, and Bron the superstar calls I can't see the Heat winning a series against the Celtics. I would say Celtics in 6 but it's a tough call. It's tough to make a decision on this right now before the Heat have even played 1 preseason game. Heat Celtics in the first game should be good.
Anyways, how are you guys going to cover Rondo? Wade? Then Allen will have a field day. Lebron? Hah. Unless you guys plan on putting Bron or Wade on Rondo the whole game Rondo is going to run circles around those guys. This is going to be an awesome season for sure.

Please, We had wade and chalmers/arroyo on rondo last year and he didnt "go off" he did well just nothing extrordinary i swear u guys hype him up like he can explode any given night for 40+. But guess what hes cant only guys in the league that can do that are durant, kobe, wade, lebron, carmelo. And we have TWO!! of those players. Which u guys have nobody to guard. And unlike ur threat of rondo they actually will go off for 40+ if needed.

Your bigs are the only slight concern. And not for their scoring but for their rebounding and second chance points. Your team d is always tough but ours was also one of the top in the league last year (2nd in opp point per game). Now it should be even better with more athletic and defensive upgrades at positions like sf (lebron is 1st team all defense) and pf (bosh>>>> beasley in d).

You guys already proved to have a hard time against athletic teams (bulls) u beat orlando,cle,miami last year while they had 1 superstar each and they all played slow pace 1/2 court pace which u excel at. Now we will run ur old guys (who showed up in not so good shape i read) dry.

You guys have a lot more to worry about in our team than we have for yours.

DeZonia
10-01-2010, 06:57 PM

LOL did you really just say miller could play the 1? :facepalm:

I hope you were saying Lebron at 1 and Miller at 3 if so you need to reword your sentence. Second Lebron will not play the 1.

DeZonia
10-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Please, We had wade and chalmers/arroyo on rondo last year and he didnt "go off" he did well just nothing extrordinary i swear u guys hype him up like he can explode any given night for 40+. But guess what hes cant only guys in the league that can do that are durant, kobe, wade, lebron, carmelo. And we have TWO!! of those players. Which u guys have nobody to guard. And unlike ur threat of rondo they actually will go off for 40+ if needed.

Your bigs are the only slight concern. And not for their scoring but for their rebounding and second chance points. Your team d is always tough but ours was also one of the top in the league last year (2nd in opp point per game). Now it should be even better with more athletic and defensive upgrades at positions like sf (lebron is 1st team all defense) and pf (bosh>>>> beasley in d).

You guys already proved to have a hard time against athletic teams (bulls) u beat orlando,cle,miami last year while they had 1 superstar each and they all played slow pace 1/2 court pace which u excel at. Now we will run ur old guys (who showed up in not so good shape i read) dry.

You guys have a lot more to worry about in our team than we have for yours.

Again with these Heat fans :facepalm:

Rondo doesn't need to score 40+ a night

He can make people better (that is what PGs do). He has the potential to make Shaq look amazing again.

Rondo will run this game for the Celtics and the Heat have to pray they can adjust. If Rondo and Shaq click they could be deadly (Shaq looked washed up because he was with Lebron, Lebrons style of play is drive to the basket and pass out if there isn't a shot, not pass to the Center. This is why Shaq was complaining.)

With this I say Celtics in 6, Rondo has more experience now, playing against and being guarded by the best players in the game each series. The Heat played well against the Cs but honestly that doesn't mean much to me, they still lost. If it was the ECF, IMO the Celtics would of slaughtered the Heat.

Hoopsadvocate
10-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Again with these Heat fans :facepalm:

Rondo doesn't need to score 40+ a night

He can make people better (that is what PGs do). He has the potential to make Shaq look amazing again.

Rondo will run this game for the Celtics and the Heat have to pray they can adjust. If Rondo and Shaq click they could be deadly (Shaq looked washed up because he was with Lebron, Lebrons style of play is drive to the basket and pass out if there isn't a shot, not pass to the Center. This is why Shaq was complaining.)

With this I say Celtics in 6, Rondo has more experience now, playing against and being guarded by the best players in the game each series. The Heat played well against the Cs but honestly that doesn't mean much to me, they still lost. If it was the ECF, IMO the Celtics would of slaughtered the Heat.

Shut up, the guy said rondo would go off on us and thats what we were arguing not his passing ability and last time i checked going off never applied to anyone saying "he went off on that team getting all those assists" So your arguing something we werent.

You obviously know nothing about lebrons style of play if thats what u think. No way anyone gets the number of assists he does if all his assists are only given when "there isnt a shot" if that was the case he'd only get 3-5 assists a game tops.

I hope you were saying Lebron at 1 and Miller at 3 if so you need to reword your sentence. Second Lebron will not play the 1.

:facepalm: yourself you obviously know nothing about miller or our team. If you did youd know he can play 1-3 and he has for the grizzlies before Mike Fratello (he coached him on memphis) said he even played the point for them. Lebron might not be listed as a pg but Spolestra said he will play plenty of pg in games.

So shut up and stop acting like u know more about our team than HEAT fans who actually read the local articles and keep up with our teams and know our players.

Both your post are 100% false except for rondos skill.

xM1GSx
10-01-2010, 09:04 PM
miami in 5 or boston in 7

DeZonia
10-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Shut up, the guy said rondo would go off on us and thats what we were arguing not his passing ability and last time i checked going off never applied to anyone saying "he went off on that team getting all those assists" So your arguing something we werent.

You obviously know nothing about lebrons style of play if thats what u think. No way anyone gets the number of assists he does if all his assists are only given when "there isnt a shot" if that was the case he'd only get 3-5 assists a game tops.

:facepalm: yourself you obviously know nothing about miller or our team. If you did youd know he can play 1-3 and he has for the grizzlies before Mike Fratello (he coached him on memphis) said he even played the point for them. Lebron might not be listed as a pg but Spolestra said he will play plenty of pg in games.

So shut up and stop acting like u know more about our team than HEAT fans who actually read the local articles and keep up with our teams and know our players.

Both your post are 100% false except for rondos skill.

IMO i believe Rondo can stop/slow down Wade, especially giving he will have 1 more season of experience when/if they meet in the playoffs. Rondo is progressing extremely fast and I don't see him slowing down anytime soon.

I have watched Lebron play enough to know his style of play.
I know, I know you are a Heat fan so you have watched Lebron and know everything there is to know about him. What gives you more credibility then I? Because he is now on your team?

Hoopsadvocate
10-01-2010, 09:32 PM
IMO i believe Rondo can stop/slow down Wade, especially giving he will have 1 more season of experience when/if they meet in the playoffs. Rondo is progressing extremely fast and I don't see him slowing down anytime soon.

Mike Miller will not play PG sorry. I'm guessing Phil will put Odom at the 1 also? Now if you mean he might handle the ball, I still doubt that. Mike miller doesn't create shots for himself, he is catch and shoot player.

I have watched Lebron play enough to know his style of play.

Understand now?
I know, I know you are a Heat fan so you have watched Lebron and know everything there is to know about him. What gives you more credibility then I? Because he is now on your team?

:facepalm: again we just said he could play pg but never said he will. Idk why u keeptrying to say that. And if rondo could stop wade why hasn't he ever done it? Especially in the playoffs when he had help double and triple teaming wade. Yet u think he will stop him 1 on 1 now that they can't double and triple him with lebron and CB on the floor. And it's statement like that which make u lose credibility. There's no ground for it ur just comic up with stupid speculation when I back it up with examples ofthw past ull never hear me saying something like "James jones will stop Kobe" when he never has has nothing to back it up.

Overall I and anyone who's read your past couple posts here can tell u dont know the heat or lebron for that matter very well if u think he just gets his assists of kicking it out when he doesn have a shot. He wouldn't have that many assists just off that.

j-bay
10-01-2010, 10:03 PM
its over start the celtics vs lakers thread

h2r09
10-01-2010, 10:05 PM
its over start the celtics vs lakers thread

do you know how to add? miami is currently winning

j-bay
10-01-2010, 10:15 PM

no the celtics are

TheTakeOver24
10-01-2010, 10:18 PM

no the celtics are

...you might want to invest in a new calculator.

h2r09
10-01-2010, 10:20 PM
no the celtics are

how old are you? have you passed 2nd grade math yet or no?

daleja424
10-01-2010, 10:31 PM
The HEAT have 10 more votes bud...

DeZonia
10-01-2010, 10:42 PM
:facepalm: again we just said he could play pg but never said he will. Idk why u keeptrying to say that. And if rondo could stop wade why hasn't he ever done it? Especially in the playoffs when he had help double and triple teaming wade. Yet u think he will stop him 1 on 1 now that they can't double and triple him with lebron and CB on the floor. And it's statement like that which make u lose credibility. There's no ground for it ur just comic up with stupid speculation when I back it up with examples ofthw past ull never hear me saying something like "James jones will stop Kobe" when he never has has nothing to back it up.

Overall I and anyone who's read your past couple posts here can tell u dont know the heat or lebron for that matter very well if u think he just gets his assists of kicking it out when he doesn have a shot. He wouldn't have that many assists just off that.

LOL, the expert on Lebron, knows more then any other fan knows (that isn't a heat fan). The Celtics played the heat in the first round, I'm sure they weren't scared or intimidated, they won 4-1. They did what they needed to do to win in 5 games. Playing a team in the 1st round that you pretty much KNOW you can beat sometimes makes a team save their energy for the next round being it was the 1st place Cavs.

So if you think the Celtics played as hard as they did against the Lakers or next playoffs when/if they play the Heat then you are wrong.

And your example about James Jones is just ignorant. Rondo is one of the best on ball defenders in the League. I'm not a Celtics fan but I believe and I'm sure other NON heat fans believe that Rondo has the potential to stop Wade.

Heater4life
10-01-2010, 10:52 PM
LOL, the expert on Lebron, knows more then any other fan knows (that isn't a heat fan). The Celtics played the heat in the first round, I'm sure they weren't scared or intimidated, they won 4-1. They did what they needed to do to win in 5 games. Playing a team in the 1st round that you pretty much KNOW you can beat sometimes makes a team save their energy for the next round being it was the 1st place Cavs.

So if you think the Celtics played as hard as they did against the Lakers or next playoffs when/if they play the Heat then you are wrong.

And your example about James Jones is just ignorant. Rondo is one of the best on ball defenders in the League. I'm not a Celtics fan but I believe and I'm sure other NON heat fans believe that Rondo has the potential to stop Wade.

Stop Wade? No. Make him ineffective? Yea. we both know wade, james, bryant gets theirs, no team really stops them. As of now, Rondo has yet to make Wade ineffective. i dont think with other offensive threats on the Heat this year, his chances get any better.

Heater4life
10-01-2010, 10:58 PM

Actually i did. Maybe if you were a little more aware of players and their skill sets you'd know that Mike Miller during his days at Memphis played extended minutes at PG under Mike Fratello due to injuries and played very effectively.

He can bring the ball up the floor, set up plays, and knows how to put his players where they have to be (the duties of a point guard). Any where near a bonified point? no. but he can solidly play the position for 10-15 minutes a game. Enough to establish mismatches.

Please hold back on face palms on things you have no knowledge about. do some research.

Heater4life
10-01-2010, 11:01 PM
...you might want to invest in a new calculator.

LMFAO!!!! :laugh2:

Lay low after that one buddy.......................lay low!

Hoopsadvocate
10-02-2010, 12:07 AM

So far u keep changing the topic everytime i wonder why that is.... Stick to the discussion if rondo could guard wade why did wade go off on the celtics in the series and why didnt rondo stop him and why did the celtics put 2-3 guys on wade. then. Answer: cause he cant guard him!!!The james jones example was suppose to be ignorant its to show u how ******** ur statemnet sounds when theres no basis to back it up.

TylerSL
10-02-2010, 03:07 AM
is this poll based on overall vote or just 1 vote? Like what I mean is will the Celtics win because most people voted them in 7 or will the Heat win because most people voted for them overall?

ZioAx
10-02-2010, 01:10 PM

god you're annoying

u2tube11
10-02-2010, 01:48 PM
I say Boston in 6 because Boston's big core. let's not forget how many quick fouls shack got just because people didn't want him to get the easy score. Early fouls have a tremendous impact on the game. Plus the bench is just way to deep. It's going to be interesting though. Lebron And Wade are work horses. I hate and like them at the same time.

JordansBulls
10-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Right now.

Miami 99 total votes to Boston's 89 total votes.

Burkey3472
10-02-2010, 03:38 PM
Miami in 6.

Hustlenomics
10-02-2010, 07:15 PM
so if the highest one is celtics in 7 how did heat win?

Flojo
10-02-2010, 07:21 PM

"The total of votes for each team will be counted (all 4 options together) and the team with the higher total wins. Eventually, the result will be the option with the most votes (out of 4 options) of the team that has the most votes altogether."

JordansBulls
10-02-2010, 07:41 PM

Do you read the first page with the example?

Example:

If the option which has been voted most out of all 8 in the poll is "New York in 6" (20 votes), it doesn't necessarily mean that New York has won. If New York has 50 votes (New York in 4, 5, 6 & 7 altogether), but Charlotte has 55 votes (Charlotte in 4, 5, 6 & 7 altogether), Charlotte is the winner, although it didn't have the most votes in any of its 4 single options. The option with the most votes of the winner (Charlotte) is the final result.

Let's say:
New York in 4 = 10 votes
New York in 5 = 5 votes
New York in 6 = 20 votes
New York in 7 = 15 votes
Total = 50 votes

Now lets say Charlotte has
Charlotte in 4 = 12
Charlotte in 5 = 13
Charlotte in 6 = 17
Charlotte in 7 = 13
Total = 55 votes

The winner would be Charlotte in 6 since they would have the most votes total overall and thus the option for them that was voted the most is Charlotte in 6 would become the final result.

Agar81
10-03-2010, 12:34 AM
Miami Bandwagoners <3