PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony shows up at Nuggets media day

Knick_Fever
09-27-2010, 02:09 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...48484/24872903

Posted by Royce Young

Well, Carmelo Anthony is back in Denver, for now.

J.R. Smith tweeted a picture of Anthony in the locker room early Monday afternoon with the title, "He back!" Again, for now, at least.

All the questions wondering if Anthony would hold out from answering questions about his future appear to be answered. Unless of course he boards himself up in the Nuggets' locker room. How he'll handle the barrage of trade questions is yet to be seen but I'm sure he's got a plan and it'll go something like, "I'm a Denver Nugget right now and that's my focus. I'll let the other stuff happen as it may. But right now, I'm focused on training camp with these guys." In other words, no comment.

According to a bunch of reports, this is the first time Anthony has checked in with the Nuggets this summer. He was out of touch basically for three months and today will be the first time he is formally introduced and talks with Denver general manager Masai Ujiri.

This doesn't mean something's not going to happen. Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reports there's an unofficial deadline on the deal right now and the deal to the Nets is "picking up steam."

But still, it's a small victory for the Nuggets. Anthony is at least with the team, something they hoped for. They had hoped he would show up, get around some friendly faces like George Karl and Chauncey Billups and maybe start feeling sentimental about his team. At the very least, he's in town. For now.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...48484/24872903

hmmm.... let the begging begin.

Gators123
09-27-2010, 02:12 PM
It's probably a little awkward lol

Gators123
09-27-2010, 02:17 PM
"i never once said anything about trade talk.... There's been a lot of speculation going on.'' says Melo

"Right now, I'm leaving my options open,'' anthony said.

http://twitter.com/christomasson

Rivera
09-27-2010, 02:27 PM
good for melo

Young24
09-27-2010, 02:32 PM
"I've never said that,'' melo said about wanting to be traded.

Another

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-27-2010, 02:33 PM
the Golden Nugget

bryan71023
09-27-2010, 02:36 PM
http://twitter.com/christomasson

ESPN also reported that right now on sportscenter

DenButsu
09-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Listen here:
nuggetsradio jason kosmicki
Melo Speaks!! http://bit.ly/csKmmX

Young24
09-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Who here thinks melo will be staying a nugget maybe with a signed extension by then end of the week ? =D

daleja424
09-27-2010, 02:39 PM
no...he is going to play it out and go where he really wants to...

bryan71023
09-27-2010, 02:40 PM
Who here thinks melo will be staying a nugget maybe with a signed extension by then end of the week ? =D

If Melo wanted to stay he would have just accepted the 3 year $65million Denver offered him during the summer.

DenButsu

Not me. I think he'll probably start the regularseason on a different team. But it was better PR-wise (particularly for Melo) and in terms of negotiations for all sides to put on a happy face today.

abe_froman
well this must be really awkward for everyone there

Young24
09-27-2010, 02:43 PM
If Melo wanted to stay he would have just accepted the 3 year $65million Denver offered him during the summer.

Maybe he was trynna make a statement...

DenButsu
09-27-2010, 02:46 PM

Waiting until mid-August would be making a statement that he wants the F.O. to do a better job of building a contender around him.

Waiting until training camp and allowing your franchise to start the year with its entire future in doubt is a different kind of statement altogether - that he doesn't intend to be a part of this organization much longer.

jrm2054
09-27-2010, 02:46 PM

no he is gone if not by trade in the summer sorry man

Young24
09-27-2010, 02:48 PM
no he is gone if not by trade in the summer sorry man

A nuggets fan can only hope..

If anything I'd take favors and harris.

jrm2054
09-27-2010, 02:54 PM
i as a net fan wanna give favors and picks but not harris i feel if harris goes it makes the deal not worth it

bryan71023
09-27-2010, 03:00 PM
i as a net fan wanna give favors and picks but not harris i feel if harris goes it makes the deal not worth it

I'm starting to get impatienct with all these rumors. I'm moving closer to not wanting Carmelo Anthony anymore and keep Favors and Harris.

jrm2054
09-27-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm starting to get impatienct with all these rumors. I'm moving closer to not wanting Carmelo Anthony anymore and keep Favors and Harris.

i want him i just want harris so we can have harris melo and lopez as the core

Mudvayne91
09-27-2010, 03:23 PM
We may as well take Favors and those multiple picks. Suck for a year or two to start rebuilding our team. I think it's pretty clear if we lose Melo, there really isn't much being offered that makes us a contender. Why make a trade that makes 6-8 seed at best that will get knocked out of the first round consistently.

nycericanguy
09-27-2010, 03:24 PM
"leaving his options open", sounds very familiar. DEN is really being stubborn and shooting themselves in the foot. Looks like they want to follow the CLE & TOR gameplan.

StrandedCub
09-27-2010, 03:34 PM
I think the common misconception about this whole thing about Melo is that he never asked to be traded. He simply just said no to the extension. Denver figures it will be best to trade him if he isn't going to sign the extension, which is the right move to make for Denver. I know a lot of Nuggets fans are mad at him for this, but isn't he doing this the best way possible. He doesn't want to come back next year, I respect that. He let the team know. I bet Cleveland would have loved for Lebron to let them know he wasn't coming back.

lvlheaded
09-27-2010, 03:40 PM
As a Knick fan that is exactly what I wanted to hear.

If Melo sticks it out till February it gives the Knicks a better chance to trade for him because they get to showcase their young talent and hopefully prove that they have an enticing package.

If Melo sticks it out till July, the Knicks can keep all their young talent and have a chance to sign him as a FA and if for some reason he doesnt sign, they still have all their young players and cap space. Either way it keeps the Knicks in a good spot if Melo sticks it out in Denver for awhile

sep11ie
09-27-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm noticing in all these Melo threads when a posters team is in on him he's elite and a star, but when its a different team they say how overrated and how much he is a distraction to the locker rooms.

nycericanguy
09-27-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm noticing in all these Melo threads when a posters team is in on him he's elite and a star, but when its a different team they say how overrated and how much he is a distraction to the locker rooms.

I havent noticed that at all... :confused: you might want to quote someone.

i'm only responding because thats the second time you said that and I have no idea what you are talking about.

sep11ie
09-27-2010, 04:34 PM
^I think thats the first time I posted that. I dont need to quote anyone, I've seen it a lot. Check out the Rockets forum, you'll see it there.