PDA

View Full Version : Report: Sixers, Warriors now in hunt for Carmelo

asandhu23
09-27-2010, 10:17 AM
New teams emerged Sunday as the Nuggets continue to look for the best trade offer for Carmelo Anthony.

Andre Iguodala, a small forward for the 76ers, is a possible acquisition for the Nuggets, who would potentially trade Carmelo Anthony to Philadelphia in a deal that could involve other players, according to two league sources. Talks are in the preliminary stages, though.

The potential four-team trade that would have sent Melo to New Jersey is on hold, and the Nuggets are inquiring about other possibilities. Denver is also fascinated by Golden State's Stephen Curry and has inquired about sending Melo out West, according to two sources from across the league.

With camp opening Tuesday, the Nuggets will hold their media day today, and Anthony is expected to be there, addressing the media for the first time since the Nuggets seriously began trying to trade their all-star. Anthony and his representatives want a trade.

Iguodala, 26, is a 6-foot-6, 207-pound dynamic player who thrived for Team USA in the World Championships this summer. For the 76ers last season, he averaged 17.1 points, 6.5 rebounds and 5.8 assists. In Philadelphia, coach Doug Collins has been gushing to the media about Iguodola's game.

The Nuggets desire New Jersey rookie post Derrick Favors, the No. 3 pick in the draft, but if the four-way trade went through, the only other current player Denver would have nabbed (besides some draft picks) was Utah forward Andrei Kirilenko and his $18 million expiring contract.

Anthony hasn't signed a three-year, $65 million contract extension the Nuggets offered in June.

Some in the Nuggets organization hope that with Anthony at the Pepsi Center this week, officials can convince him face-to-face to re-sign with the Nuggets.

Read more: Sixers, Warriors join mix in hunt for Nuggets' Carmelo Anthony - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_16182213?source=skipframe-fanpeeps.com#ixzz10juLtu9k

sixers247
09-27-2010, 10:18 AM
Only want him if he signs an extension and Holiday and Tuner arn't also involved.

todu82
09-27-2010, 10:18 AM
The 76ers and the Warriors? Think Carmelo's re-thinking his want to be traded?

JordansBulls
09-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Seriously what do people not get? He is not going anywhere other than NY unless that team that he goes to has a better team than Denver. Explain to me why he would go to Golden State or Philly?

Giaps
09-27-2010, 10:22 AM
I don't know. I just don't see it happening... maybe for Philly if all it costs them is Iguodala who they would like to clear anyway.

If Melo reports today it's going to get really interesting.

PC
09-27-2010, 10:23 AM
Chances that he re-sign with either team are slim to none

DenButsu
09-27-2010, 10:25 AM
***BREAKING NEWS***

NBA sources with reliable knowledge of the situation have informed denbutsu that nobody actually knows what the hell is going on, and won't know until something concrete actually happens.

---------------------

:laugh2: Man, this rumor crap is so crazy. And the more there is of it, the foggier and foggier the situation becomes.

DenButsu
09-27-2010, 10:26 AM

Pretty sure he will. Pretty sure he doesn't want to "The Decision" himself.

Mishmin
09-27-2010, 10:28 AM
No way Golden State gives up steph curry. No way.

These rumors are starting to feel like high school gossip.

29$JerZ
09-27-2010, 10:28 AM
I highly doubt Melo would resign with either team.

It's either Denver, NY or a cave in too Chicago/NJ

Hopefully this gets done quick

bears88
09-27-2010, 10:43 AM
I cant Wait until this whole things gets done period. If you ask me am starting to get annoyed with all the rumors with melo either sign an extension with a team (after a trade) or just resign with the nuggets.

asandhu23
09-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Seriously what do people not get? He is not going anywhere other than NY unless that team that he goes to has a better team than Denver. Explain to me why he would go to Golden State or Philly?

San Francisco is an iconic city. Great food, great weather, great beaches, great fans, home of iconic teams like 49ers, Raiders, Cal, Stanford, 4th biggest market in NBA.

Raidaz4Life
09-27-2010, 10:58 AM
San Francisco is an iconic city. Great food, great weather, great beaches, great fans, home of iconic teams like 49ers, Raiders, Cal, Stanford, 4th biggest market in NBA.

he wouldn't be playing for the 49ers or Raiders or Cal or Stanford..... he'd be playing for the Warriors..... I mean come on there is no way that Melo sees his buddies all join up in Miami and he decides to join Monta Ellis in Golden State lol.

_Supreme_
09-27-2010, 11:08 AM
Golden State isn't going to trade Curry for him, but Lin/Ellis/Melo/Lee/Biedrins would be a solid lineup.

caddiemaster
09-27-2010, 11:08 AM
I think without melo golden state is a much better team them denver!Phillie just stinks.Golden state is about to suprise the nation!I just dont think that golden state will trade Curry!

omdigga
09-27-2010, 11:12 AM
he wouldn't be playing for the 49ers or Raiders or Cal or Stanford..... he'd be playing for the Warriors..... I mean come on there is no way that Melo sees his buddies all join up in Miami and he decides to join Monta Ellis in Golden State lol.

lol...

seriously.. i cant wait till this is over.. so the cp3 rumors can finally start gaining some steam..

cheetos185
09-27-2010, 11:16 AM
so now is warriors and philly whats next wizards okc portland jump into 10 team trade lol this is all baloney melo only wants knicks otherwise he's gonna wait 1 more year if you ask me knicks orignal offer was still better than nets gallo has shown what he can do ..favors hasn't knicks 2014 pick might turn better than GSW 2012 pick ask jazz and chicago fans they can tell you how useful knicks picks are haha and curry/ak47 are just filler curry may play better in denver half court offense

xbrackattackx
09-27-2010, 11:19 AM
If the Warriors have to trade Lee or Curry it is not worth it. If they could trade for Jr Smith,Andersen and Melo for Monta,Udoh,B-Wright,D-Wright,Lin and a 1st

asandhu23
09-27-2010, 11:20 AM
so now is warriors and philly whats next wizards okc portland jump into 10 team trade lol this is all baloney melo only wants knicks otherwise he's gonna wait 1 more year if you ask me knicks orignal offer was still better than nets gallo has shown what he can do ..favors hasn't knicks 2014 pick might turn better than GSW 2012 pick ask jazz and chicago fans they can tell you how useful knicks picks are haha and curry/ak47 are just filler curry may play better in denver half court offense

lol just like "LeBron only wanted New York"?

ShaqShoes
09-27-2010, 11:23 AM
lol just like "LeBron only wanted New York"?
Man..do you actually think Carmelo will be going to Golden State? The whole point of him wanting to be traded is because he wants to be closer to New York. Just because you like the team doesn't mean he's going to play there.

jzstud4
09-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Melo better not go to a ****** team and sign a contract extension he needs to go to nyc with chris paul or tony parker and start that fued against the heat !

Big Quett
09-27-2010, 11:40 AM

Yeah you seemed to mention everything but the damn team. Great reply...:facepalm:

Hollywood Butt
09-27-2010, 11:42 AM
If the Warriors have to trade Lee or Curry it is not worth it. If they could trade for Jr Smith,Andersen and Melo for Monta,Udoh,B-Wright,D-Wright,Lin and a 1st

i wouldnt trade curry but d. lee is deff not to much to give up for carmelo

bahama0811
09-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Source with knowledge of DEN-GSW discussions regarding possible Melo deal describe them to ESPN.com as "brief talks going nowhere."

STEIN_LINE_HQ (https://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ)

PhillyForLife90
09-27-2010, 11:52 AM
I just don't know if the Sixers FO would really trade Iggy or not...Doug Collins is in love with Iggy and raved about him for the entire summer, yet he doesn't have the power of deciding whether or not he gets traded. I'm just not sure if I can see the Sixers being involved in a mega deal like this. I hope we get Melo, but don't want to get my hopes up.

Kdirt
09-27-2010, 11:54 AM
not going to happen

JnasD
09-27-2010, 12:21 PM

I love San Francisco but i really see Melo either staying in Denver, or becoming a Knick or Bull. I think Melo will stay in Denver until The February trade deadline. I hope he becomes a Knick though.

xbrackattackx
09-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Man..do you actually think Carmelo will be going to Golden State? The whole point of him wanting to be traded is because he wants to be closer to New York. Just because you like the team doesn't mean he's going to play there.

Yes because California isn't a major media outlet state for his wife's acting career. Good ONE!

ShaqShoes
09-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Yes because California isn't a major media outlet state for his wife's acting career. Good ONE!
I thought he wanted to be close to New York.

bryan71023
09-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Why would Melo sign an extension with Philly of G-State?

Robbw241
09-27-2010, 12:27 PM

No he wants to go somewhere with a large market like New York, Chicago, LA.

xbrackattackx
09-27-2010, 12:29 PM

I think it was just a bigger media city.

I am stoked to see how your young raps play this year. Getting rid of Hedo was the best things you guys did all summer!

IndyRealist
09-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Melo's shot himself in the foot because everyone knows he's desparate to leave Denver. If he had said, "Yeah I want to be traded, but I'm also perfectly happy playing in Denver this year. I just won't sign the extension." He'd be in a much better position, like Boozer did.

JRisdabest
09-27-2010, 12:42 PM
San Francisco is an iconic city. Great food, great weather, great beaches, great fans, home of iconic teams like 49ers, Raiders, Cal, Stanford, 4th biggest market in NBA. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THE RAIDERS ARE A JOKE..49ERS ARE TERRIBLE..THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS ARE NOT MAKING THE PLAYOFFFS IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS.MELO IS NOT GOING TO GS.

Lloyd Christmas
09-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Here we go again. A team gets mentioned in a rumor and everyone starts saying how ***** of a team they have. You guys crack me up.

Kashmir13579
09-27-2010, 12:54 PM
I don't know. I just don't see it happening... maybe for Philly if all it costs them is Iguodala who they would like to clear anyway.

this is all just speculation. its either chicago or the knicks and people should realize this by now. btw your sig is HILARIOuS!

johnwayne
09-27-2010, 01:10 PM

LMAO....really? boy do u know what nba players want lol

ShaqShoes
09-27-2010, 01:13 PM

Rice-aroni the San Fransisco treat.

J4KOP99
09-27-2010, 01:15 PM
If he ends up in Golden State, I'm not sure how I would react. I just can't see this happening under any circumstances.

I also doubt he goes to Philly, but rather see Philly involved in some sort of 3-way deal.

asandhu23
09-27-2010, 01:23 PM
LMAO....really? boy do u know what nba players want lol

lol every living thing loves great food

GrkGawdofWalkz
09-27-2010, 01:28 PM
The trade can happen without his request. Stammering from proponents of his agent mean nothing. Will he resign there not necessarily. But, that doesn't mean he can void a trade. He has no no trade clause.

ShaqShoes
09-27-2010, 01:28 PM
lol every living thing loves great food
Not Indian people. :rimshot:

fadedmario
09-27-2010, 01:30 PM
lol

J4KOP99
09-27-2010, 01:31 PM
The trade can happen without his request. Stammering from proponents of his agent mean nothing. Will he resign there not necessarily. But, that doesn't mean he can void a trade. He has no no trade clause.

Yes, you are right he doesn't have a trade clause and therefore can be traded anywhere.

But why would the other team(recieving anthony) do a trade if they weren't 100% sure he would re-sign with them? They are clearly going to have to give up a ton to get Carmelo.

So with that said, essentially he does have a no-trade clause. Or in other words, he can highly influence the decision.

Lloyd Christmas
09-27-2010, 01:37 PM
The Warriors owner has said that he would make a trade for Carmelo even if he didn't sign an extention. That could work out great for a team like the Nets. They could hold on to Favors and Harris and sign Carmelo in the offseason.

DenButsu
09-27-2010, 01:38 PM
@SpearsNBAYahoo
Warriors GM Larry Riley squashed melo-steph rumors by saying steph is "a long time warrior."

SouthSideRookie
09-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Here we go again. A team gets mentioned in a rumor and everyone starts saying how ***** of a team they have. You guys crack me up.

Yeap, and in reality there is only 1 or 2 teams that would be contenders with him.

asandhu23
09-27-2010, 01:45 PM

Don't talk about Indian food until you have atleast tasted butter chicken, naan and mango lassi

stoopboy45
09-27-2010, 01:48 PM

UUUHHHHHH??? I can't!!! :rolleyes:

colinskik
09-27-2010, 01:54 PM
You don't like Indian food? You crazy boy. Maybe you should get your *** out of Canada and try it. Very good.

SouthSideRookie
09-27-2010, 01:58 PM
You don't like Indian food? You crazy boy. Maybe you should get your *** out of Canada and try it. Very good.

Make sure you take a shower right after though :eyebrow:

DenButsu
09-27-2010, 02:01 PM
Make sure you take a shower right after though :eyebrow:

Why, are you going to be rubbing the curry in your hair or something?

Indian food is amazing - one of the world's greatest culinary traditions. For me, it's all about the palak paneer.

Anyhow...

////off topic//// :hide:

Antipod
09-27-2010, 02:16 PM
i wonder when Miami will be in discussion :D

colinskik
09-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Why, are you going to be rubbing the curry in your hair or something?

Indian food is amazing - one of the world's greatest culinary traditions. For me, it's all about the palak paneer.

Anyhow...

////off topic//// :hide:
Gotta love that palek paneer!

And even though it is off topic I'm going with it. Some of you people are so ignorant and then on top of that also racist. Thai food incorporates curry as does Caribbean food but nobody ever says those people smell.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I think Melo ultimately stays in Denver. The Nets deal looks like it's squashed and the GS or Philly trades are pipe dreams. And as a Knicks fan there's no way we give up Gallo and Randolph.

Lloyd Christmas
09-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Gotta love that palek paneer!

And even though it is off topic I'm going with it. Some of you people are so ignorant and then on top of that also racist. Thai food incorporates curry as does Caribbean food but nobody ever says those people smell.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I think Melo ultimately stays in Denver. The Nets deal looks like it's squashed and the GS or Philly trades are pipe dreams. And as a Knicks fan there's no way we give up Gallo and Randolph.

Really? I don't think that is too big of a price to pay for Carmelo with an extension.

aaronmckie
09-27-2010, 02:36 PM
If Melo is traded I think the most likely scenarios both involve the Sixers. Either Iggy/filler for Melo straight up or a 3 way trade with the Nets where the Sixers get Favors/Murphy.

Mudvayne91
09-27-2010, 02:52 PM
I cant Wait until this whole things gets done period. If you ask me am starting to get annoyed with all the rumors with melo either sign an extension with a team (after a trade) or just resign with the nuggets.

Your Sig picture is great

colinskik
09-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Really? I don't think that is too big of a price to pay for Carmelo with an extension.
Maybe you're right, but I naturally have a small Knicks bias and as such I tend to think our young core is tight and has a promising future. I think both Gallo and Randolph have potential to improve and become very, very good players. But then again, Melo paired with Amare and the rest of the squad would be a pretty intimidating team. I think the best thing for everyone is for this rumor mill to come to end already.

smith&wesson
09-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Id like to see him in NY.

EaglesJackson10
09-27-2010, 06:10 PM
According to Chris Broussard Sixers are not offering Iggy but are offering Thaddeus Young, Evan Turner, Jason Kapono and a future first rounder.

netsgiantsyanks
09-27-2010, 06:16 PM
why would they want stephen curry when they already have billups and lawson?? and why would the warriors be dumb enough to trade stephen curry??? oh yeah, they're the warriors. :p

Lloyd Christmas
09-27-2010, 06:26 PM
why would they want stephen curry when they already have billups and lawson?? and why would the warriors be dumb enough to trade stephen curry??? oh yeah, they're the warriors. :p

Apparently you missed the quote earlier in the thread by Larry Riley saying they will not trade Curry.

goldenstater
09-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Apparently you missed the quote earlier in the thread by Larry Riley saying they will not trade Curry.

i think he is a nets fan but same difference. lol!

netsgiantsyanks
09-27-2010, 06:33 PM

you think??

username:NETSgiantsyanks
learn to read, fool. :p

Lloyd Christmas
09-27-2010, 06:46 PM

I was hoping that I deleted that part of my post in time. I guess I didn't.

But what I said was pure gold. I kind of wanted to keep it.

Khalifa21
09-27-2010, 06:57 PM
Melo won't re-sign in either of those places so they're both big no no's (unless they want to give up promising, young talent for a year rental).

ryder78c
09-27-2010, 07:07 PM
i like how everybody is saying he wont resign there...you dont know u aint melo

i think the nets trade is the best i wish portland got into this but there in the same division i doubt they would but Batum,Rudy,Bayless,Cunningham,Priz & 2 1st round pick for melo + Sims would be a nice come up for the blazers i wish i was the GM

this team = Dangerous
Oden/Sims
LA/Camby
Melo/Mathews
Roy/EWill
Miller/Johnson

Andrson/Priz/Nene
Nene/Harrington/Kmart
Batum/Rudy/cunningham
Jr/Bayless
Billups/lawson

nuggetsyankees
09-27-2010, 07:15 PM
the only calls i see the nuggets and the sixers making are if the nuggets can't find a deal and try to improve the team without giving up Melo...like Brand and Iggy for JR Smith, K-Mart, and a 2nd rounder

smith&wesson
09-27-2010, 07:24 PM
melo will only want to play for certain teams. he wont go to Philli or NJ imo.

LakersA's49ers
09-27-2010, 07:25 PM
REALLY!? Steph curry isnt going anywhere. wowowow. i can see iguodala but curry is off limits!

PDT4LIFE
09-27-2010, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE=JRisdabest;15014720]San Francisco is an iconic city. Great food, great weather, great beaches, great fans, home of iconic teams like 49ers, Raiders, Cal, Stanford, 4th biggest market in NBA. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer day in San Francisco. :facepalm:

Lloyd Christmas
09-27-2010, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=JRisdabest;15014720]San Francisco is an iconic city. Great food, great weather, great beaches, great fans, home of iconic teams like 49ers, Raiders, Cal, Stanford, 4th biggest market in NBA. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer day in San Francisco. :facepalm:

That quote always confused me. I guess if you don't like 75-80 degree weather during the summer then you won't like the weather there.

daleja424
09-27-2010, 08:26 PM
these talks seems to have died down so Im closing this. If a new rumor pops up we can start a new thread. In the meantime feel free to speculate in the megathread or visit the Nuggets forum.