PDA

View Full Version : Earl Thomas and Leon Washington

slickintern
09-26-2010, 07:45 PM
When Thomas got that game winning Int I screamed and cried!!!! Leon Washington....enough said!!!!GO HAWKS~!!! ALL I GOT TO SAY IS IN 05 WHEN WE HUNG OUT TO BEAT THE COWBOYS AND WENT YOU KNOW WHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WIN IS A CONFIDENCE BUILDING WIN granted the 450 passing yards against us.....:facepalm: BUT STILL WE WON!!!!

furmat60
09-26-2010, 08:15 PM
I don't even know what to say right now....other than our 3rd down defense was horrid yet again.

Boozerguy47
09-26-2010, 09:11 PM
I hate Rivers, but he knows how to play. Chargers definitely helped us out a couple of times. Regardless, a win is a win. I won't complain.

furmat60
09-26-2010, 09:13 PM
^ Yeah, but you can tell there are some things to work on, but as far as this team starting out 2-1, I'm ****ing happy as hell. No complaints out of me man.

Baller1
09-26-2010, 09:14 PM
It makes everything better knowing San Fran is 0-3 and a complete mess.

Seattle King
09-26-2010, 09:14 PM
The defense was awesome in the first half, horrible in the second.

Seahawks beat Chargers (http://www.seattlesportscentral.com/2010/09/27/seahawks-win-an-unbelievable-game/)

furmat60
09-26-2010, 09:20 PM
The defense wasn't horrible in the second half. Rivers just played very well. I LOVED our defense this game. 3 forced fumbles and 2 INT's!?

House
09-26-2010, 09:46 PM
Rockin' my THOMAS jersey and my wife was wearing her TRUFANT. We're were SOOOO excited on that last INT!

Any word on Trufant's injury? I hope it wasn't serious...

furmat60
09-26-2010, 09:49 PM
His return was questionable, but I'm sure he just rolled it. Took him out to be safe, and had our rookies try and step up. I'm guessing he should be back next week.

I too was rocking my TRUFANT jersey!

Baller1
09-26-2010, 10:10 PM
We all just need to pray that he's alright.

furmat60
09-26-2010, 10:17 PM
^ I'm sure he will be.

Hawk503
09-26-2010, 10:53 PM
VERY solid win. I was pumped up today. I'm praying God that Tru is alright. Love that we are playing the Rams next week. It's not unlikely that we could be 3-1 going into the bye week while SF could be 0-4. How awesome would that be?

furmat60
09-26-2010, 10:56 PM
^ SF could start off at 0-5 or 0-6 lol :D

Hawk503
09-27-2010, 01:07 AM
^ Oh how sweet that would be!

slickintern
09-27-2010, 02:56 AM
if we are gonna talk smack about another team in our division atleast tag them in it...however, this win earily reminded me of 05 when we beat the cowboys 13
-10 after a jerhem urban catch and TD and then a big play babs int to set up the field goal for teh game winning 3...we hung in there,...we adapted and we overcame....this is a huge MOTIVATIONAL WIN FOR THE HAWKS!!!

Fitzhawk
09-27-2010, 03:14 AM
wow that was an ugly win. The nice thing is we could have blown them out if just a couple more plays went our way. I am loving all the turnovers. we need to keep that up!

NateyB24
09-27-2010, 10:07 AM

Seahawks beat Chargers (http://www.seattlesportscentral.com/2010/09/27/seahawks-win-an-unbelievable-game/)

To be fair Hasselbeck didn't give them any rest it seemed like 3 and out 3 and out 3 and out. Without Leon we wouldve lost.

drew_ellis_23
09-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Hasselbeck was ****. I hate him. He is so predictable. Int early in the first quarter, everytime we are in the red zone he throws middle of the field to Carleson in traffic or he throws fade routes to the shortest WR we have. Defense was horrible in the second have when they went to a 3 man fron and dropped into zone coverage. They were catching balls with no seahawks within 5 yards of them. We need to bring pressure all the damn time or we will get picked apart like they did to us in the second half and Denver did to us all game last week. We did some good things out there and I see no reason why we wont be 3 and 1 going into our bye, but St Louis looked solid Sunday too. And we cant play on the road.

Schadie001
09-27-2010, 11:04 AM
All I can say is that we got extremely lucky... both coordinators need to sit down and take a hard look at their play calling ability. There were some of the worst playing calling I've seen in a long time. A QB sneak with 19 sec left in the half??? A jump ball to on of our shortest Recievers (Deon Grant)?? 3 straight runs into the pile at the end of the game??

Our pass defense was awful...I swear they let Gates go every time he went out...and I can't count the number of time a Charger receiver caught the ball with no Seahawk defender within 10 yards... 2 point conversion almost made me break my tv. Every time we had them 3rd and long they got 25yards, awful, awful, awful.

Why we didn't blitz Rivers every single time is beyond me, at least he was rushed and had to throw is away several times. When we play conservatively they flat out owned our DB's and LB's.

Thank God for Leon he saved the game.

Schadie001
09-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Hasselbeck was ****. I hate him. He is so predictable. Int early in the first quarter, everytime we are in the red zone he throws middle of the field to Carleson in traffic or he throws fade routes to the shortest WR we have. Defense was horrible in the second have when they went to a 3 man fron and dropped into zone coverage. They were catching balls with no seahawks within 5 yards of them. We need to bring pressure all the damn time or we will get picked apart like they did to us in the second half and Denver did to us all game last week. We did some good things out there and I see no reason why we wont be 3 and 1 going into our bye, but St Louis looked solid Sunday too. And we cant play on the road.

You weren't watching the same game that I was then. Hass actually played pretty good in my opinion. Should have had a long TD to Branch, who didn't cover the ball up. Crappy play call to QB sneak at the half. Marched them down the field and long pass to Branch again resulting in Interference call. INT was a little underthrown, but Williams let the DB get position on him also. We couldn't run the ball again, and they were getting pressure on Hass the whole game, if he could have stood back there like Rivers did you wouldn't be saying anything about him. Also, he threw short cuz they had everyone covered, watch a replay or two before you throw stones.

What you think Charlie "3rd String" Whitehearst is the answer....whatever.

House
09-27-2010, 12:56 PM
You weren't watching the same game that I was then. Hass actually played pretty good in my opinion. Should have had a long TD to Branch, who didn't cover the ball up. Crappy play call to QB sneak at the half. Marched them down the field and long pass to Branch again resulting in Interference call. INT was a little underthrown, but Williams let the DB get position on him also. We couldn't run the ball again, and they were getting pressure on Hass the whole game, if he could have stood back there like Rivers did you wouldn't be saying anything about him. Also, he threw short cuz they had everyone covered, watch a replay or two before you throw stones.

What you think Charlie "3rd String" Whitehearst is the answer....whatever.

Totally agree on the TD pass to Deion... He made a great pass and Branch failed to secure the TD ball...

Now to the bad. I have been a HUGE Hasselbeck fan for quite sometime, but he is making TONS of mistakes... I love the dude, but I'm not going to defend his stupid mistakes...

The INT that was intended for Williams was short by about 3-4 yds. Williams ran a great route and Matt left that ball hanging. Matt didn't put enough on it and it would've been 100X better he overthown a 6'5" WR in stride than under throw him and force him to come back! Had he not underthrown him, TD without a question...

Matt overthrew Carlson on 3 separate occasions. He failed to get the right "touch" and on a key 3rd down play in the 3rd Qtr, he overthrew him by 3 yds. No one was around Carlson and it would've been a TD easy.

No one made any reference to WHITEHURST. Coach Carroll has already said Matt is our guy, but he needs to cut down on the mental mistakes. Whether its "trying to hard" or he's "rattled", we escaped the game yesterday with TONS of help. I won't say he played good, much less "Pretty good".

clang7777
09-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Defense- BEND BUT DONT BREAK= Gives up a ton of yards, but tightens up in the red zone and allows field goals or creates TO's, not TD's. Which, considering we only gave up two TD's worked.

Everyone is in here complaining about Matt and how terrible he looks, horrendous decision making and on and on. To be honest, it's not going to be easy for him when he is being asked to throw the ball 25 times in a half. His numbers weren't that bad yesterday by any means and he didnt turn the ball over in the second half when we needed to simply cling to that lead.

To me, when you have a big lead in the 2nd half, the best teams are able to POUND THE BALL down the throats of the opposition and occasionally in the right situation run PA or a safe passing play to change things up. Our running game was non-existant yesterday. We have absolutely NO FAITH running in short yardage sitautions- thats a problem. I wasn't a fan of the Owen Schmitt release and this is exactly why. There is no lead full back to come in on I-Form and other sets to be the grinder for Forsett. He is caught in singleback sets, or in the shotgun with awkward pitches/draws and nothing else. I am telling you guys, if Matt has a good running game (not even great) it will open up everything for him. You cant run PA without a running game. You cant soften zones with no running game. You cant hit big plays withotu a running game.

Get the rushing attack fixed and Matt WILL have the ability to WIN games for us and not just NOT LOSE them for us.

House
09-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Defense- BEND BUT DONT BREAK= Gives up a ton of yards, but tightens up in the red zone and allows field goals or creates TO's, not TD's. Which, considering we only gave up two TD's worked.

Everyone is in here complaining about Matt and how terrible he looks, horrendous decision making and on and on. To be honest, it's not going to be easy for him when he is being asked to throw the ball 25 times in a half. His numbers weren't that bad yesterday by any means and he didnt turn the ball over in the second half when we needed to simply cling to that lead.

To me, when you have a big lead in the 2nd half, the best teams are able to POUND THE BALL down the throats of the opposition and occasionally in the right situation run PA or a safe passing play to change things up. Our running game was non-existant yesterday. We have absolutely NO FAITH running in short yardage sitautions- thats a problem. I wasn't a fan of the Owen Schmitt release and this is exactly why. There is no lead full back to come in on I-Form and other sets to be the grinder for Forsett. He is caught in singleback sets, or in the shotgun with awkward pitches/draws and nothing else. I am telling you guys, if Matt has a good running game (not even great) it will open up everything for him. You cant run PA without a running game. You cant soften zones with no running game. You cant hit big plays withotu a running game.

Get the rushing attack fixed and Matt WILL have the ability to WIN games for us and not just NOT LOSE them for us.

This exact quote is why Shaun Alexander looked so good. MACK STRONG is one of the best FB ever to play the game. The problem with this team now is we DON'T have a FB and Michael Robinson (226lbs) and Quiton Ganther (232lbs) aren't legitimate in regards to the skill set of a FB. We have 4 TEs... We SHOULD be trying to incorporate them in this!

Wild1414
09-27-2010, 05:14 PM
The defense wasn't horrible in the second half. Rivers just played very well. I LOVED our defense this game. 3 forced fumbles and 2 INT's!?

It was horrible, it was looking so bad for us when rivers just kept throwing to open man after open man, i would agree with you if rivers was throwing sick throws into coverage but we looked brutal. We were lucky to hang on to that game and thank god for leon he ran us that win. And clutch int by thomas!

House
09-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Interesting read...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/27/leon-washingtons-scores-have-seattle-giddy/

FWBrodie
09-27-2010, 07:03 PM
It was horrible, it was looking so bad for us when rivers just kept throwing to open man after open man, i would agree with you if rivers was throwing sick throws into coverage but we looked brutal. We were lucky to hang on to that game and thank god for leon he ran us that win. And clutch int by thomas!

Dude, SD had the ball the entire half because Leon Washington was being a douche and not letting the Seahawk offense have a turn. San Diego moved the ball to midfield and punted or turned it over about 7 times before the Seahawks fell back into a soft defense designed to keep everything in front and chew clock. It wasn't pretty to watch, and clearly Pete Carroll would have prefered not to let San Diego all the way back into it, but it got the job done. I'm not worried about the defense at all.

What I am worried about is not having a big, strong, between-the-tackles type of back to hand the ball off to over and over in the 4th quarter with a lead. That's how you put teams away.

westside51283
09-27-2010, 07:18 PM

because they were on the field the whole time

Baller1
09-28-2010, 02:33 AM
Dude, SD had the ball the entire half because Leon Washington was being a douche and not letting the Seahawk offense have a turn. San Diego moved the ball to midfield and punted or turned it over about 7 times before the Seahawks fell back into a soft defense designed to keep everything in front and chew clock. It wasn't pretty to watch, and clearly Pete Carroll would have prefered not to let San Diego all the way back into it, but it got the job done. I'm not worried about the defense at all.

What I am worried about is not having a big, strong, between-the-tackles type of back to hand the ball off to over and over in the 4th quarter with a lead. That's how you put teams away.

:laugh2:

NateyB24
09-28-2010, 03:01 AM
The reason our defense turned terrible is Mebane left the game the dude was controlling the middle and was dominating. Then Trufant gets hurt and its no surprise Thurmond is struggling i have hope though the guy jumps and atleast plays the ball.

clang7777
09-28-2010, 05:41 AM

Exactly my thoughts.

furmat60
09-28-2010, 09:24 AM

I love you.

Nica
09-28-2010, 09:33 AM
I actually thought the 3 man rush and zone worked fairly well in the second half. And they did blitz a couple of times very effectively. And in the first half especially- Clemons looked like a beast out there.
Gates kept sitting down in between zones and Rivers kept feeding him the ball but he never really got to run wild on the secondary as the linebackers hustled and stayed in the play. Thankfully it was Gates and not a burner ala Vincent Jackson/ Naanee. It was controlled chaos.
The offense was a little shaky. Some mental mistakes and the lack of a consistent running game is hurting the pass game. But the brass can see this and will adjust their game plan. I have faith in this group.
Anyway a really good win against a legitimate SB contender. I'm really glad we don't have to face Rivers twice every year. Hes a stud- he knows it too- but a stud none the less.

Baller1
09-28-2010, 10:37 AM
I actually thought the 3 man rush and zone worked fairly well in the second half. And they did blitz a couple of times very effectively. And in the first half especially- Clemons looked like a beast out there.
Gates kept sitting down in between zones and Rivers kept feeding him the ball but he never really got to run wild on the secondary as the linebackers hustled and stayed in the play. Thankfully it was Gates and not a burner ala Vincent Jackson/ Naanee. It was controlled chaos.
The offense was a little shaky. Some mental mistakes and the lack of a consistent running game is hurting the pass game. But the brass can see this and will adjust their game plan. I have faith in this group.
Anyway a really good win against a legitimate SB contender. I'm really glad we don't have to face Rivers twice every year. Hes a stud- he knows it too- but a stud none the less.

Controlled chaos is a nice way to put it.

furmat60
09-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Controlled chaos is a nice way to put it.

Sure was. He makes a good point though, we had the game under control, but it would have been a lot better if we could rely on our run game. We need a true fullback.

FWBrodie
09-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Sure was. He makes a good point though, we had the game under control, but it would have been a lot better if we could rely on our run game. We need a true fullback.

I don't think fullback is the issue. They need a back that can absorb contact at the line of scrimmage and assert himself between the tackles. Forsett breaks tackles, but he does it at the second level. When he gets hit at the line of scrimmage there isn't much he can do about it. Tough guy, but physics are physics.

furmat60
09-28-2010, 06:16 PM
I don't think fullback is the issue. They need a back that can absorb contact at the line of scrimmage and assert himself between the tackles. Forsett breaks tackles, but he does it at the second level. When he gets hit at the line of scrimmage there isn't much he can do about it. Tough guy, but physics are physics.

Yeah, very good point. He is quite small. What do we do about it?

Seahawker562
09-28-2010, 10:04 PM
I was at the game this weekend in Qwest and man was Hasselbeck pissing us fans off :mad: HE throws a fade route to our shortest reciever in Butler on 3rd in the red zone.... those are the types of passes that should be goin to big MW

furmat60
09-28-2010, 10:10 PM
I was at the game this weekend in Qwest and man was Hasselbeck pissing us fans off :mad: HE throws a fade route to our shortest reciever in Butler on 3rd in the red zone.... those are the types of passes that should be goin to big MW

Not when BMW was hurt and covered the entire game.

Seahawker562
09-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Not when BMW was hurt and covered the entire game.

All im saying is a better play should have been chosen

Wild1414
09-29-2010, 12:25 AM
All im saying is a better play should have been chosen

I agree, that was a bad play call, i could see if we had patyon manning making that throw.. but unfortunetly that will never happen, they need to make better play calls matt can actually make.

Baller1
09-29-2010, 12:34 AM
The red zone play calling as a whole was terrible. I was absolutely furious that we didn't score at the end of half; that was so embarrassing. We could've virtually ended the game right there.

Schadie001
09-29-2010, 11:03 AM

This post hit the nail on the head... Why we didn't keep Weaver is beyond me. But you are correct...if you can run the ball everything else works. We haven't been able to run the ball since 2005. Enough said.

ElFuturoDeESPN
09-29-2010, 02:55 PM
:laugh2: I keep telling all my NON-Seahawk friends and family about how cheap the team got Thomas and Washington for.

I mean basically peanuts for Earl Thomas (Didn't the Broncs cut Alphonso Smith before the season too?)

.. and a 5th for Washington? Yes please. If Leon keeps it up that's straight up highway robbery of the Jets at it's finest.

House
09-29-2010, 04:00 PM
:laugh2: I keep telling all my NON-Seahawk friends and family about how cheap the team got Thomas and Washington for.

I mean basically peanuts for Earl Thomas (Didn't the Broncs cut Alphonso Smith before the season too?)

.. and a 5th for Washington? Yes please. If Leon keeps it up that's straight up highway robbery of the Jets at it's finest.

Agreed... I was looking at something yesterday and the Seahawks have like 25-26 players on one-year deals (including Washington and Mike Williams). We need to re-sign them both!

shen
09-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Why re-sign Williams? He has yet to do anything this season to warrant it. In fact all he has done is get hurt. His being hurt resulted in us signing Brandon Stoakly(don't think correct spelling but close enough). Washington I get, he was do to get nice extension before his knee injury. He has come back and already won us a game.

Seahawker562
09-29-2010, 04:50 PM
I have always liked Washingtons game and im happy we found someone new on special teams to recieve, I thought once Josh Wilson left we wouldnt have much of a return game. I would definitly like too see Washington get an ext, as for MW I like the guy, but you have to produce, just like Deion started doing once he got in a slump. They wanted him to be like a form of a Brandon Marshall, a big possesion reciever.... i have yet to see it other than in preseason but im hopeful

Wild1414
09-29-2010, 06:10 PM
We dont need to waste any money on MW after this season. Lets move on.

Baller1
09-29-2010, 06:33 PM
I don't know what you guys are talking about. He's had a couple small injuries, but this kid has a future if he sticks with it. I want BMW here for a long time.

clang7777
09-29-2010, 06:52 PM
Far too early to look into BMW's future. He needs to:

Stay injury free
Stay out of trouble
Show he is a good teammate
Prove he knows the system
Display some sort of consistency on the field
HAVE A BIG GAME.

When he does atleast four of these throughout the course of this ENTIRE season, then we can begin to disguss locking him down; or the flip side if it fails. Either way, it was a low-rish and still potentially high reward deal. Great move either way you dice it.

Seattle4Ever
09-29-2010, 06:58 PM
We dont need to waste any money on MW after this season. Lets move on.

What?! You're loony dude.

You act like he gets paid like Brandon Marshall.

Baller1
09-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Far too early to look into BMW's future. He needs to:

Stay injury free
Stay out of trouble
Show he is a good teammate
Prove he knows the system
Display some sort of consistency on the field
HAVE A BIG GAME.

When he does atleast four of these throughout the course of this ENTIRE season, then we can begin to disguss locking him down; or the flip side if it fails. Either way, it was a low-rish and still potentially high reward deal. Great move either way you dice it.

You're completely right. I was taking a more optimistic look at it; thus the post I made.

I really think he will become a great player in this league. He showed flashes in week 1.

House
09-29-2010, 07:43 PM
For Williams to be consistent, our offense needs to be consistent!

Williams is on a minimum contract and I agree he needs to perform.

I wasn't saying pay him now... Next year in the draft, I can't see us using our 1st rd pick on a WR. We have too many other needs. Perhaps Vincent Jackson becomes available and that will change things. We do not have the the "Typical" Pete Carroll WR (Branch, Butler and Tate)... Hopefully Williams continues to prove himself!

TylerSL
09-29-2010, 09:47 PM
hopefully we get Okung back next week :) btw we are gonna own the freaking Rams on Sunday

Seahawker562
09-30-2010, 12:32 PM
hopefully we get Okung back next week :) btw we are gonna own the freaking Rams on Sunday

Second both of those :clap: