PDA

View Full Version : Who would upset LA out West and who would upset Miami in the East

JordansBulls
09-26-2010, 03:58 PM
If either of those teams were upset in the playoffs in their own conference, who would be the team to upset LA out West and who would be the team to upset Miami in the East?

j-bay
09-26-2010, 04:00 PM
thunder and the celtics

Jays Claw
The Lakers will have less of a challenge out west as only the Thunder and Mavericks oppose serious threats. As for the Heat, they'll have the Celtics, Magic and Bulls all breathing down their necks.

ShaqShoes
Thunder and Magic.

SA5195
09-26-2010, 04:01 PM
OKC

And probably Celtics.

Gators123
09-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Thunder and Celtics

Avenged
09-26-2010, 04:09 PM
A healthy Denver squad for the Lakers

And the Celtics for the Heat.

heyman321
09-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Mavericks and Celtics.

oO ShowTime Oo
09-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Okc and the Magic

97NYer
09-26-2010, 04:18 PM
OKC and nobody.

Hustlenomics
09-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Boston and it wont be an upset

ShaqShoes
09-26-2010, 04:27 PM
I can't wait to see what Dwight does to the Heat. Who will stop him?

j-bay
09-26-2010, 04:33 PM

john wall lets say dwight gets on a breakaway wall has the speed to catchup and if dwight trys to dunk wall will reject it because he can block dunks

ShaqShoes
09-26-2010, 04:35 PM
john wall lets say dwight gets on a breakaway wall has the speed to catchup and if dwight trys to dunk wall will reject it because he can block dunks
I meant what can Dwight do to the Heat, cause they are weak at the center position.

st3voness
09-26-2010, 04:35 PM
The Lakers will have less of a challenge out west as only the Thunder and Mavericks oppose serious threats. As for the Heat, they'll have the Celtics, Magic and Bulls all breathing down their necks.

This.

justinnum1
09-26-2010, 04:42 PM

He will stop himself with all the fouls he will rack up. He won't play more than 20m min.

shep33
09-26-2010, 04:43 PM
Blazers (if healthy) and Mavs out west...

Boston, Orlando, Chicago out east (especially if Chicago get Anthony).

saintl2510
09-26-2010, 04:44 PM
ock and boston finals lakers vs boston in 5

Ovratd1up
09-26-2010, 04:46 PM
Boston/Portland.

Khalifa21
09-26-2010, 04:46 PM
I think the Blazers could upset the Lakers if fully healthy.

asandhu23
09-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Warriors and Bobcats

alencp3
09-26-2010, 04:53 PM
Duncan21formvp

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Thunder have no chance against the Lakers when kobe is close to 100%

Remember last time they met with the lakers in the playoffs Kobe had a bum knee

So my pick is Mavs, Boston and Magic from EC.

_KB24_
09-26-2010, 05:01 PM
A healthy Nuggets squad with both MELO & KARL 100%.

And I don't see the Heat losing to the Celtics or Magic as a "upset". Boston is the team to beat in the East.

Kashmir13579
09-26-2010, 05:01 PM
suns, thunder, spurs in west. boston, bulls, knicks in the east.

ChiSox219
09-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Por
okc

orl
chi

Hoopsadvocate
09-26-2010, 05:22 PM
OKC for LA (there athleticism proved to be trouble for them) and maybe portland (health willing)

and just boston for miami.

Orlando has never given us much problems we did good against them before without bosh and lebron i would imagine now it gets easier.

Chicago gave us fits before and we had a slight edge in games played last year but our offseason acquisitions greatly overshadow theres and therefor dont see them as much of a threat unless noah becomes close to a 20ppg player which hes not so no way.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 05:24 PM
suns, thunder, spurs in west. boston, bulls, knicks in the east.

:facepalm:

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 05:26 PM
No one will stop the Lakers in the West, as far as the Heat, both the Celtics and Magic can take them down and of course the Bulls if they can somehow get Melo without trading Noah.

unwantedplayer
09-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Boston is the team to beat until proven otherwise (and no season does not count).

I'd say OKC out in the west, with Portland close IMO.

adidas2307
09-26-2010, 05:52 PM

I didn't know the Heat drafted John Wall too.

TylerSL
09-26-2010, 06:03 PM
West Spurs, Blazers, and Nuggets.
Spurs-have to be healthy but with the big 3 still capable and good role players around them the Spurs could make a serious run this year.
Blazers-every year injuries kill their season. If they can be healthy I can just imagine what they can do.
Nuggets-Assuming they keep Melo, stay healthy, Karl is on the sideline, and alot of stuff goes their way. I could see them doing this if all that happens.

East
Boston-The Celtics are absolutly amazing. In my honost opinion, if they were healthy they would have 3-peated and beat the Lakers 3 years in a row in the Finals.

I think Boston is the only team in the East because Chicago is 1 superstar away, and Wade killed Orlando by himself, now with Lebron and Bosh what do you think will happen? If the Bulls get Melo and Nene or get just Melo and sign somebody like Dampier at C then they are on this list too.

samevans7
09-26-2010, 06:07 PM
West Spurs, Blazers, and Nuggets.
Spurs-have to be healthy but with the big 3 still capable and good role players around them the Spurs could make a serious run this year.
Blazers-every year injuries kill their season. If they can be healthy I can just imagine what they can do.
Nuggets-Assuming they keep Melo, stay healthy, Karl is on the sideline, and alot of stuff goes their way. I could see them doing this if all that happens.

East
Boston-The Celtics are absolutly amazing. In my honost opinion, if they were healthy they would have 3-peated and beat the Lakers 3 years in a row in the Finals.

I think Boston is the only team in the East because Chicago is 1 superstar away, and Wade killed Orlando by himself, now with Lebron and Bosh what do you think will happen? If the Bulls get Melo and Nene or get just Melo and sign somebody like Dampier at C then they are on this list too.

agree bout EC. POR and OKC for west... btw lol at ur sig

Flojo
09-26-2010, 06:18 PM
What do you mean by upset? A lot of people are saying Celtics in the East, but in my eyes I don't see that series being shorter than 7. And if the Celtics win, I wouldn't call it an upset.

J4KOP99
09-26-2010, 06:27 PM
West-

Dallas, if healthy is loaded up front and has their go-to guy. They are also a team of veterans. Only thing against them is history, they haven't been known to win the big games over the years.

The Thunder have a good chance because of Durant and Westbrook but they aren't deep at all up-front and still need a lot of work to be able to go up against these other teams. Nice core though and in 2-3 years, after they work a little on their big men, they should be the best in the west.

In the East it will be a lot tougher for Miami IMO. The east is definitely the stronger conference, when we are talking teams 1-5.

Boston is loaded and I think Miami would be the underdogs simply because the Celtics(when healthy) have the biggest and best front line in the entire league. Pierce and LeBron always play well against eachother(usually with Pierce getting the upper hand) and Ray Allen is one of the most underrated defenders in the league. As I write this, I continue to think more and more that the Celtics are the better team. There style is perfect to stop a team like Miami.

Orlando
I don't think they stand much of a chance against Miami. Other than Dwight, they don't have a sure thing on that team. Carter will get torched by Wade and Rashard and others will have a tough time slowing LeBron down. They definitely can hold there own in a game or 2, but in a 7 game series... I say 20% chance Orlando beats Miami.

rockets-fan
09-26-2010, 06:29 PM
does anyone here know how to read? it says UPSET not CONTEND...means which team has the least chance of winning but can still win...for example warriors beating dallas...thats an upset...ock beatin the lakers isnt an upset cuz alot of people see them challenging the lakers...get it?

anyways my UPSET picks are houston and phx in the west and bucks in the east....

KingOf215
09-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Does anyone honestly think that there is a team that will upset LA out West? Besides the Lakers, all the elite teams are in the East.

kingkenny01
09-26-2010, 06:31 PM
no one can upset miami or la come on lets be honest in september we know the finals
and please don't give the excuse that we thought the celtics were to old last year and they went to the finals and that is why they are going to again

KingOf215
09-26-2010, 06:31 PM
does anyone here know how to read? it says UPSET not CONTEND...means which team has the least chance of winning but can still win...for example warriors beating dallas...thats an upset...ock beatin the lakers isnt an upset cuz alot of people see them challenging the lakers...get it?

anyways my UPSET picks are houston and phx in the west and bucks in the east....

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

rockets-fan
09-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Does anyone honestly think that there is a team that will upset LA out West? Besides the Lakers, all the elite teams are in the East.

did anyone belive the warrios would upset dallas in the first round? no, a few if any...so whats the point its the nba...anything can happen

rockets-fan
09-26-2010, 06:34 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

dude i didnt say that phx houston or bucks will contend with the lakers or heat...i said they have the abililty to upset them...do you know what that mean?

IHeartNY
09-26-2010, 06:35 PM

x2 :clap:

ryder78c
09-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Portland
houston(yao/kmart/battier/scola)
dallas nice lineup
okc(young guns)
denver(with melo)
n.o.(okafor/west/ariza/pondexter/cp3)

boston(shaq/j.oneal/kg/pierce/allen/rondo)
orlando

question should be who can upset miami in the west?

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 06:39 PM
dude i didnt say that phx houston or bucks will contend with the lakers or heat...i said they have the abililty to upset them...do you know what that mean?

The Bucks have the ability to upset the Heat?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

They won't even come close to winning their division.

Baller1
09-26-2010, 06:41 PM
OKC and Boston. Although the Heat are going to breeze through the East.

J4KOP99
09-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Some of you actually think the Bulls have a chance to beat the Heat? The Bulls will be no better than the Jazz have been these past 3-4 years.

ldawg
09-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Heat is not the team to beat in the East Celtics is so this is not considered an upset. Heat is more of a ? imo seeing how two ball handling top 5 players work with each other and will Bosh be allow to play his game with Wade and Lebron and is Lebron to big of a star to be a 3rd option and do the dirty work like pippen, Odom, Ginobli, Paul pierce, etc. Will Lebron or Wade play well without the ball, having being primary ball handlers for over 7 years? Lets not forget super teams hardly win titles except Boston who manage 1 so far. Even if Atlanta beat Heat that is still not considered an upset. I don't see any upset happening. If healthy both La and Boston in the finals.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 06:45 PM
Some of you actually think the Bulls have a chance to beat the Heat? The Bulls will be no better than the Jazz have been these past 3-4 years.

We're saying if the Bulls get Melo without trading Noah, then yes they might even be better than the Heat.

And right now the Bulls are a much better defensive team already than what Utah was. Why do you think they're so hesitant to trade Noah? This guy will be the anchor of Thibodeau's defensive scheme.

iggypop123
09-26-2010, 06:46 PM
its not really a who when it comes to the lakers. its always injuries. if they are healthy nothing will stand in their way for a title. injured, any of the west teams can put a scare in the lakers but nothing more.

CHANGO
09-26-2010, 06:48 PM
If the Lakers lose to OKC that would be a disappointment, because in general the Lakers are a better team. But Miami losing to Boston not see it as a disappointment, because Boston has all the resources to stop Miami, besides the Big Three, they have Rondo, we add the front line Oneal, Oneal, Perkins, Davis and believe me that in general are a better team than the Heat ....

East: Boston, Orlando
West: OKC, Portland (if they are healthy)

Something that would not be a disappointment, would see the Lakers, Celtics and Heat losing to the Timberwolves, because, according to Beasley, they are the team to beat! Just kidding!

J4KOP99
09-26-2010, 06:53 PM
We're saying if the Bulls get Melo without trading Noah, then yes they might even be better than the Heat.

And right now the Bulls are a much better defensive team already than what Utah was. Why do you think they're so hesitant to trade Noah? This guy will be the anchor of Thibodeau's defensive scheme.

Bulls Fans- Thibodeau is a genius. He will make a great coach.

Celtics Fans- He didn't do anything, we don't need him.

---Which is it? I want to see Thibodeau actually coach before we talk about which players fit well in his system.

But back on topic, yes, if the Bulls somehow acquire Melo without giving up Noah, they will definitely be a very good team and cause some problems for Boston, Miami and Orlando.

zambo4president
09-26-2010, 06:56 PM
In the East: Chicago, Boston and Orlando all could take Miami.
In the West: Probably noone, but I like the Spurs most.

imagesrdecievin
09-26-2010, 06:58 PM
I like Houston to upset if Yao is completely healthy.

Orlando in the East.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Bulls Fans- Thibodeau is a genius. He will make a great coach.

Celtics Fans- He didn't do anything, we don't need him.

---Which is it? I want to see Thibodeau actually coach before we talk about which players fit well in his system.

But back on topic, yes, if the Bulls somehow acquire Melo without giving up Noah, they will definitely be a very good team and cause some problems for Boston, Miami and Orlando.

Celtics fans just say that cuz they hate the Bulls and want us to fail. Celtics players themselves had nothing but great things to say about Thibs when he took the Bulls job. Everyone talks about the Celtics team defense, well theres gotta be a defensive coordinator who put it all together right? That was Thibodeau.

KingOf215
09-26-2010, 07:05 PM

dude...

the question posed in this thread is this:

who would upset LA out west and Miami in the east?

the person who posted this thread is obviously saying that the lakers are the favorites to win the west (i.e. defending world champions, stacked lineup, etc) and asking who would possibly upset them. since they are the obvious FAVORITE, ANY team that ends up beating them would be an upset! it does not matter if it's a great team like the Thunder or a crap team like the Clippers. ANY team that beats LA out west would be an upset.

DoJoTheSlasher
09-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Dallas could upset the Lakers

Miami could upset Boston

ldawg
09-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Dallas is tho only team that can upset a healthy Lakers team out west.
Its funny many seem to think Heat is the team to beat in the east.
Bulls,Heat,Orlando can upset a healthy Boston team.
Boston and La in the finals if both stay healthy.

BALLER R
09-26-2010, 07:33 PM
West-thunders

East-Hawks, Bucks,

no way i count boston as being an upset their the team to beat. also chicago if melo is on their roster also isnt an upset. Orlando has been one of the better teams in the east the past few season so i also dont see them beating the heat as an UPSET.
An upset is when the team you least expects to win the series actually wins. thats why i would say the buck and hawks for the east

MrFastBreak
09-26-2010, 08:00 PM

The Mavs better hope Portland gets screwed over again in terms of health this nearing season.

The L Train
09-26-2010, 08:07 PM
If either of those teams were upset in the playoffs in their own conference, who would be the team to upset LA out West and who would be the team to upset Miami in the East?

Shouldn't the question be who will upset the Lakers and Boston? Miami hasn't won anything, the team to beat in the East is still Boston, Miami hasn't been to the finals for like 5 years.

Hoopsadvocate
09-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Shouldn't the question be who will upset the Lakers and Boston? Miami hasn't won anything, the team to beat in the East is still Boston, Miami hasn't been to the finals for like 5 years.

The same boston team u claim is the team to beat in the east hadnt been in the finals in about 2 decades when they first acquired there big 3 so that doesnt mean anything. Miami is the more favored team going in to the season be it because of hype or w/e countless polls/articles/news reports have them pretty much winning the east and contending with the lakers so its fair to say they would need to be upset, just as it would to say who would upset boston but the question in this thread is for the heat and Lakers.

sixer04fan
09-26-2010, 08:25 PM

trying to picture john wall blocking a dwight howard dunk... Not happening.

h2r09
09-26-2010, 08:30 PM
nobody but maybe boston is beating the heat. that isnt even going out on a limb. that is a fact. maybe if dwight howard any type of post game but he doesnt and joel anthony destroyed him defensively last year. look at his stats against the heat last year.

jackdawson
09-26-2010, 08:37 PM

Ignorance at it's best.

jackdawson
09-26-2010, 08:39 PM
West: Blazers (Wiith a heathy Oden), and OKC.

East: Boston (very slight chance to no chance to be honest).

The_Jamal
09-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Blazers, if they can resemble a healthy squad and Rockets, even with a 24 min Yao. OKC will still have the same problems of competing with the length of the Lakers, and I actually have them 5th in the West behind Lakers-Mavs-Blazers-Houston.

I'm still not convinced in the Heat 3 being able to share the ball, after being the unquestioned #1's on their old teams. And i'm not entirely confident in their abillity to stop the top big men in the league. So even though they likely win 60+ games this season, I have a hard time believing they can compete for a championship without any low-post defenders, to stop Gasol, Dirk, or Yao out West, Or Howard in the East

jerellh528
09-26-2010, 09:14 PM
the real question should be who might the heat upset since they havent proved they are even worthy of being in finals talk yet.

jerellh528
09-26-2010, 09:20 PM

THIS, my thoughts exaclty.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Ignorance at it's best.

The Bulls with Rose/Brewer/Melo/Boozer/Noah are a more complete and balanced team. I have never seen a fan base overhype the **** out of their team before they've even played one freaking second of basketball. My goodness.

rockets-fan
09-26-2010, 09:34 PM
The Bulls with Rose/Brewer/Melo/Boozer/Noah are a more complete and balanced team. I have never seen a fan base overhype the **** out of their team before they've even played one freaking second of basketball. My goodness.

:clap::clap::clap:

agreed...ive never seen this many people put their team on top without watching them play...of caorse they got alot of talent...but how will the talent mesh together...heat fans(not all of them) are very cocky

h2r09
09-26-2010, 09:36 PM

4 things with your post

1- i understand what you are arguing, but why would you include brwer in there, he is nothing. he doesnt guard d wade tough and he is the most limited offensive basketball player ive seen since joel anthony.

2- the heat would still have the 2 best players on both of those teams and the better power forward.

3- you do realize your team has never player 1 second of basketball either with boozer and then with melo you would be just as inexperienced.

4-your front office is to stupid to give up a hustle center who will be demanding ridiculous amounts of money for his production for a superstar and top 10 player in the game and there is no chance you get melo without giving him up.
great argument.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 09:40 PM
3 things with your post

1- i understand what you are arguing, but why would you include brwer in there, he is nothing. he doesnt guard d wade tough and he is the most limited offensive basketball player ive seen since joel anthony.

2- the heat would still have the 2 best players on both of those teams and the better power forward.

3- you do realize your team has never player 1 second of basketball either with boozer and then with melo you would be just as inexperienced.

great argument.

THANK YOU. So would you please tell your fellow Heat fans, next time they call out other posters by saying they're "IGNORANT", to look themselves in the mirror. Because obviously you all have declared your team the GREATEST OF ALL TIME and everyone who says otherwise is "IGNORANT".

The_Jamal
09-26-2010, 09:41 PM

Lol, GL getting Melo w/o dealing Noah

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 09:42 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

agreed...ive never seen this many people put their team on top without watching them play...of caorse they got alot of talent...but how will the talent mesh together...heat fans(not all of them) are very cocky

Whats worse is that they were no where to be found all these years, and all of a sudden you see a Boeing 747 load of July 2010 signups who come in here acting like diehard fans and throw out their ******** on us fans who have been here for a long time.

h2r09
09-26-2010, 09:43 PM
THANK YOU. So would you please tell your fellow Heat fans, next time they call out other posters by saying they're "IGNORANT", to look themselves in the mirror. Because obviously you all have declared your team the GREATEST OF ALL TIME and everyone who says otherwise is "IGNORANT".

wtf are you talking about? im disagreeing with you. i think that whole meshing together argument is by far the dumbest thing ive ever heard. You dont put wade, bosh, and lebron together and have a problem meshing on offense. they will find a way to play together and spoelstra has already said they will get out and run a lot and feed off the defense.

you dont put these guys together and somehow manage to struggle on offense.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Lol, GL getting Melo w/o dealing Noah

We probably won't, I was just throwing it out there hypothetically.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 09:49 PM
wtf are you talking about? im disagreeing with you. i think that whole meshing together argument is by far the dumbest thing ive ever heard. You dont put wade, bosh, and lebron together and have a problem meshing on offense. they will find a way to play together and spoelstra has already said they will get out and run a lot and feed off the defense.

you dont put these guys together and somehow manage to struggle on offense.

Thats why I said thank you because your post contradicted the other guy's post. If those 3 can mesh together, why can't other star players on other teams??

LakerPride
09-26-2010, 09:55 PM
OKC and Spurs for LA

Boston and Magic for Heat

CHANGO
09-26-2010, 09:58 PM
I am a Heat fan, even so, I do not see the team as champions this season, on paper, talent, and players, see them fighting with Boston and Lakers, on paper, the Heat are better than the Bulls, But also, on paper it is written that both are 0-0. So nothing is written. We can not say that the Heat are better than the Bulls because we do not know if they play as a team, or if you take the weak point of the center position. If we are to make comparisons, Boozer, Melo-Rose, are lower than Wade, Lebron, Bosh, if we do Comparisons Lebron-Wade-Bosh, have played together, Rose-Melo, Boozer did not ... Can not say anything yet, NEITHER TEAM, they have not played together.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 10:01 PM
I am a Heat fan, even so, I do not see the team as champions this season, on paper, talent, and players, see them fighting with Boston and Lakers, on paper, the Heat are better than the Bulls, But also, on paper it is written that both are 0-0. So nothing is written. We can not say that the Heat are better than the Bulls because we do not know if they play as a team, or if you take the weak point of the center position. If we are to make comparisons, Boozer, Melo-Rose, are lower than Wade, Lebron, Bosh, if we do Comparisons Lebron-Wade-Bosh, have played together, Rose-Melo, Boozer did not ... Can not say anything yet, NEITHER TEAM, they have not played together.

The best post I've read from a Heat fan. I agree 100%. Lets put it all out on the court and see who comes out on top.

mohye
09-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Would it really be an upset if the Heat didnt make it to the finals?? Last I checked the team to beat in the east are the Celtics....

And if healthy no one in the west has a chance at dethroning the Lakers...

Brooklyn Mets
09-26-2010, 10:07 PM
OKC

Boston/Orlando

ldawg
09-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Heat will be the most fun to watch and might hold the best regular season record off talent alone but they are not the team to beat come playoff time.

Ironman5219
09-26-2010, 10:22 PM
West: Thunder, Dallas and Jazz
East: Celtics and Magic

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Heat will be the most fun to watch and might hold the best regular season record off talent alone but they are not the team to beat come playoff time.

No doubt. As much as I hate em, can't wait to watch those guys play together.

The L Train
09-26-2010, 11:09 PM
The same boston team u claim is the team to beat in the east hadnt been in the finals in about 2 decades when they first acquired there big 3 so that doesnt mean anything. Miami is the more favored team going in to the season be it because of hype or w/e countless polls/articles/news reports have them pretty much winning the east and contending with the lakers so its fair to say they would need to be upset, just as it would to say who would upset boston but the question in this thread is for the heat and Lakers.

Jesus dude...

You can't upset a team that hasn't won anything. Only a Heat fan would argue this. The Eastern Conference champion is the Boston Celtics, they won the East most recently. It doesn't matter how many Heat fans say that Miami will win 75 games this year, until they win the East, they are not in a position to be upset.

It's embarrassing to have to explain something like this to another human being.

beasted86
09-26-2010, 11:15 PM
Jesus dude...

You can't upset a team that hasn't won anything. Only a Heat fan would argue this. The Eastern Conference champion is the Boston Celtics, they won the East most recently. It doesn't matter how many Heat fans say that Miami will win 75 games this year, until they win the East, they are not in a position to be upset.

It's embarrassing to have to explain something like this to another human being.

Sorry buddy.. maybe the word "upset" can take different contexts, but the mere fact is the Heat are the favorites to come out of the East based on how their summer went and the roster they put together.

In '07 before the Celtics played a game they were favorites to come out of the East despite 4 time in a row ECF contestant Detroit Pistons or Cleveland going to the Finals.

The L Train
09-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Sorry buddy.. maybe the word "upset" can take different contexts, but the mere fact is the Heat are the favorites to come out of the East based on how their summer went and the roster they put together.

In '07 before the Celtics played a game they were favorites to come out of the East despite 4 time in a row ECF contestant Detroit Pistons or Cleveland going to the Finals.

'Favorite' means nothing. Favorite means that's some guys opinion. It's not based on anything but opinion. The team has won exactly NOTHING. Favorite only means a bunch of people THINK they can win it all. That means so little.

If it's a choice between

A: the team that won the East

or

B: a team that some guys think might be able to win the East

guess which one I'm putting MY money on...

jackdawson
09-26-2010, 11:42 PM
'Favorite' means nothing. Favorite means that's some guys opinion. It's not based on anything but opinion. The team has won exactly NOTHING. Favorite only means a bunch of people THINK they can win it all. That means so little.

If it's a choice between

or

You are ******** and blinded by hate. I have seen your posts and 99% of your posts are full of Heat hate. Yes, Heat is the favorite to come out of the east with what they have put together just like the Celtics were before 2007-08 season (not the cavs even though they were the reigning east champs). If favorite is just an opinion then what the **** is an upset? You can only be upset if the team that you thought would win does not win in the end.

The L Train
09-27-2010, 12:09 AM
You are ******** and blinded by hate. I have seen your posts and 99% of your posts are full of Heat hate. Yes, Heat is the favorite to come out of the east with what they have put together just like the Celtics were before 2007-08 season (not the cavs even though they were the reigning east champs). If favorite is just an opinion then what the **** is an upset? You can only be upset if the team that you thought would win does not win in the end.

Most of my posts are baseball related, you have no idea what you're talking about. I could care less about the Heat. I just happen not to believe they'll win 80 games like most of you guys seem to think.

Miami hasn't won anything yet. That's a fact. It's not hate, it's just a fact.

Miami will not upset Boston. THAT is my opinion, not a fact. :rolleyes:

Fireworld
09-27-2010, 12:17 AM
Dallas and Celtics. With respect, they won't beat either. Just threats.

samevans7
09-27-2010, 12:24 AM

the only thing is tht Cleveland didnt add much. Their biggest acquisition was Delonte West. Boston this offseason got Shaq, Jermaine, Delonte, etc.

2008 Matchups:
Ilgauskas v Perk
Gooden v KG
James v Pierce
West v Allen
Gibson v Rondo

2010 Matchup:
Anthony v Shaq
Bosh v KG
James v Pierce
Wade v Allen
Chalmers v Rondo

now which game seems easier??

tredigs
09-27-2010, 01:05 AM
the only thing is tht Cleveland didnt add much. Their biggest acquisition was Delonte West. Boston this offseason got Shaq, Jermaine, Delonte, etc.

2008 Matchups:
Ilgauskas v Perk
Gooden v KG
James v Pierce
West v Allen
Gibson v Rondo

2010 Matchup:
Anthony v Shaq
Bosh v KG
James v Pierce
Wade v Allen
Chalmers v Rondo

Is this a joke? Shaq might be a pretty name for you to see on paper, but this isn't 2001. The man is the oldest player in the NBA, and is a complete ghost of his former self. Allen, KG and Pierce aren't exactly on the right side of the 30, either.

I still think they're a great team and are going to give the Heat absolute hell (and may indeed win a series if they go at it, all depends on the health/dynamic of their teams at that point. But they have the talent to).

But if what I think you're saying is what you're actually saying (that this Heat team is a lesser foe for the Celtics of 2010 than the previous Cavs team), you are in for a rude awakening my man. The Heat also have a far better bench than anything Cleveland put together.

Seriously, just a blind comment.

Mc Lovin
09-27-2010, 01:13 AM

Miami hasn't won a game yet and I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Celtics knock them out of the playoffs. Oklahoma City might give LA a tough time but that's about it.

Sadds The Gr8
09-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Denver (if Melo stays) and Boston.

samevans7
09-27-2010, 06:30 AM
Is this a joke? Shaq might be a pretty name for you to see on paper, but this isn't 2001. The man is the oldest player in the NBA, and is a complete ghost of his former self. Allen, KG and Pierce aren't exactly on the right side of the 30, either.

I still think they're a great team and are going to give the Heat absolute hell (and may indeed win a series if they go at it, all depends on the health/dynamic of their teams at that point. But they have the talent to).

But if what I think you're saying is what you're actually saying (that this Heat team is a lesser foe for the Celtics of 2010 than the previous Cavs team), you are in for a rude awakening my man. The Heat also have a far better bench than anything Cleveland put together.

actually, what i was saying was that the matchup of the 2010 Celtics v Heat would be a lot tougher than the 2008 Celtics v Cavs... a LOT. that CLE team outside LeBron was a joke.

JordansBulls
09-27-2010, 08:00 AM
I actually think the Bulls have a better shot to beat Miami than Orlando does.

jackdawson
09-27-2010, 09:20 AM

2008 Matchups:
Ilgauskas v Perk
Gooden v KG
James v Pierce
West v Allen
Gibson v Rondo

2010 Matchup:
Anthony v Shaq
Bosh v KG
James v Pierce
Wade v Allen
Chalmers v Rondo

Thanks tredigs. I didn't have to type it all.

jackdawson
09-27-2010, 09:23 AM
Most of my posts are baseball related, you have no idea what you're talking about. I could care less about the Heat. I just happen not to believe they'll win 80 games like most of you guys seem to think.

Miami hasn't won anything yet. That's a fact. It's not hate, it's just a fact.

Miami will not upset Boston. THAT is my opinion, not a fact. :rolleyes:

You were irrelevant on your response. "Favorite" and "upset" are related to each other, which I clarified because you seemed to mess it up in your previous post. And majority of your basketball posts contain Heat hate. It's an absolute fact.

aussie
09-27-2010, 10:23 AM
Hornets and Chicago

Avenged
09-27-2010, 12:26 PM
I actually think the Bulls have a better shot to beat Miami than Orlando does.

You would..

I have high hopes and expectations for Chicago myself, but I don't think they're capable of beating the Heat. I guess it really all depends on how much Rose improves, but he's not going to drasticaly improve this upcoming season to Lebron/Wade level.

jiggin
09-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Portland WILL beat the Lakers...

...Heat will beat themselves.

JordansBulls
09-27-2010, 03:38 PM
You would..

I have high hopes and expectations for Chicago myself, but I don't think they're capable of beating the Heat. I guess it really all depends on how much Rose improves, but he's not going to drasticaly improve this upcoming season to Lebron/Wade level.

You will have to have strong defense to beat the Heat and that is what the Bulls will bring this year.

jerellh528
09-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Portland WILL beat the Lakers...

...Heat will beat themselves.

Im going to use this as my new sig when the lakers 3peat this season lol

spurs4#5
09-27-2010, 09:59 PM
teams to beat are the lakers and celtics because they're there respected conferences champs...with that being said...the teams to upset is the teams with the best records going into the playoffs not going into training camp...come one people if yall were true nba fans yall would get this...

dodie53
09-27-2010, 10:48 PM
suns
and
bulls.
hehe

jaji10
09-27-2010, 11:06 PM
thunder are over rated, they pushed a not so healthy LAKERS TO 6 GAMES and now they can upset d lakers and r contenders in the west... they havnt won a playoff series yet... i see d mavs as the team which can really challenge the lakers, lot of options, experience and good size inside...

dwilly4rilly
09-28-2010, 12:17 AM
Keep sleeping on the Jazz. They like sneaking up on everyone.

JordansBulls
09-28-2010, 08:20 AM

I don't think the Jazz have the size.

The Miami Cheat
09-28-2010, 08:32 AM
okc and boston

dwilly4rilly
09-28-2010, 11:16 AM
I don't think the Jazz have the size.

That is their biggest obstacle, but lets be honest, there are people on here saying Portland, Mavs, I think I even saw a Houston vote. Jazz have at least as good of a chance, maybe better, than these teams.

ElMarroAfamado
09-28-2010, 11:37 AM
Lakers are going to be challenged by prob the Thunder...The Mavs and maaaybe the Nuggets ...but i dont think to a point where it is possible they lose...
as far as the Cavs i mean Heat go.....I say The Celtics, Hawks, Magic, Bulls, anyone in the East has a legitimate shot at them it all depends who gets them in the playoffs....

ElMarroAfamado
09-28-2010, 11:38 AM

haha

beasted86
09-28-2010, 11:47 AM

If it's a choice between

or

And you would lose all of your money because you bet stupidly.

The #1 rule in betting, is you bet on who you think will win under current circumstances. History is in the past.

eugene
09-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Spurs, Nuggets and Celtics, Magic

oak2455
09-28-2010, 12:21 PM
And you would lose all of your money because you bet stupidly.

The #1 rule in betting, is you bet on who you think will win under current circumstances. History is in the past.

probably if you bet with Vegas or wherever you'll get better odds against your team.....I'll take those odds:clap::clap::clap:

dwilly4rilly
09-28-2010, 12:35 PM
haha
Laugh away for now...........get back to me in May when they have home court locked up. But really they love being overlooked. It happens every year, then a few months in the analysts start saying "Wow, where did the Jazz come from? They seem to be the dark horse." It's just funny because you'd think they'd eventually figure it out.

nivek
09-28-2010, 12:40 PM
nobody, cause the NBA is rigged.

And who ever said OKC.. really bump'd their head

beasted86
09-28-2010, 01:02 PM
probably if you bet with Vegas or wherever you'll get better odds against your team.....I'll take those odds:clap::clap::clap:

Again, sorry... but that's called playing the odds when you purposely bet against the team favored to win.

But if you don't understand who is "favored to win" nor understand odds, you will still bet stupidly.

imagesrdecievin
09-28-2010, 01:34 PM
That is their biggest obstacle, but lets be honest, there are people on here saying Portland, Mavs, I think I even saw a Houston vote. Jazz have at least as good of a chance, maybe better, than these teams.

I was the Houston vote. Yao is a serious wild card. If he can stay healthy the Rockets are a legit threat to the Lakers. Limiting his minutes throughout the regular season may be the formula to keep him healthy for the playoffs.

They have all the ingredients needed to knock off a Laker team.

dwilly4rilly
09-28-2010, 01:59 PM
I was the Houston vote. Yao is a serious wild card. If he can stay healthy the Rockets are a legit threat to the Lakers. Limiting his minutes throughout the regular season may be the formula to keep him healthy for the playoffs.

They have all the ingredients needed to knock off a Laker team.

You might be right but his body is just too big to run and jump and not get hurt. People weren't meant to be that enormous. I always root for injured guys to stay healthy. It makes things more interesting, but I don't see Yao having a single injury free year ever.

oak2455
09-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Again, sorry... but that's called playing the odds when you purposely bet against the team favored to win.

But if you don't understand who is "favored to win" nor understand odds, you will still bet stupidly.

I'll take Celts or Magic before the Heat:)

The L Train
09-28-2010, 03:58 PM
You were irrelevant on your response. "Favorite" and "upset" are related to each other, which I clarified because you seemed to mess it up in your previous post. And majority of your basketball posts contain Heat hate. It's an absolute fact.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you HAVE read every one of my 3000+ posts. Maybe a little creeped out, but it's a relatively free country.

I understand what you mean that 'favorite' and 'upset' are related, but I make a distinction between the two, maybe I'm wrong.

To me, 'favorite' is based on vegas odds. 'Favorite' is something you can decide totally based on paper, before any game is played. The first game of the season, I'm assuming Miami will be 'favored' to beat Boston, which is why I'll be betting on Boston, for the good return.

'Upset' to me implies that the team is a champion. Either league, conference or division champ. To me, if a team is 'favored' to win by 3 lets say, and the other team wins, I don't call that an upset, it's not that big of a shock.

Now, If the Nets get into the playoffs and sweep Boston, that would be a major upset. Because of the huge discrepancy in talent. That's how I think of it.

JordansBulls
09-29-2010, 08:49 AM
I'll take Celts or Magic before the Heat:)

Dwight would have be extremely dominant for the Magic to win.

J4KOP99
09-29-2010, 10:37 AM
Dwight would have be extremely dominant for the Magic to win.

Dwight would have had to actually work out on his game and not just his muscles this off-season...

futureman
09-29-2010, 11:17 AM
The Mavs are not a legitimate threat to the Lakers. They haven't been out of the first round since 2006. Whoever they play in the first round this year will beat them.

I think the Thunder are the most likely to upset the Lakers in the playoffs this season. In the east, I think it will be the Bulls who have the best chance of upsetting the Heat.

jzstud4
09-29-2010, 11:48 AM
mavs are scary man they are talented and deep but portland is also good as well but celtics and magic for the heat and ur right up there it wont be an upset hahah !

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Why are people so afraid of the Mavs?

Baller1
09-29-2010, 12:23 PM

Same question I've been wondering.

Hawkeye15
09-29-2010, 01:18 PM

I have no clue. As I stated a while back, I have never been less scared of a perennial 55 win team

sNaKeS
09-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Dwight would have had to actually work out on his game and not just his muscles this off-season...

He has been training with hakeem olajuwon this summer trying to develop a better low post game. Hopefully he got better, we'll see come the regular season.

Cosmic_Canon
09-29-2010, 02:27 PM
I've breifed this thread, and no one mentioned Portland? Ya sleeping on them too much. Portland might make it to the CF this year. Back to OP, in the West: Port,Dallas, and maybe Denver:, and the East: Chicago and Boston.

pebloemer
09-29-2010, 03:04 PM
vs. Lakers

1. Utah - may not be the popular choice, but they are my top choice here. Going into the season healthy, they look dangerous. Excellent coaching is huge here, combined with strong defense and the emergence of Al Jefferson as an elite PF/C in this league gives Deron possibly the best supporting cast of his prime.The biggest question IMO if depth up front. We know Millsap, Jefferson and Okur can log many minutes, but they will need more bodies to compete with the Lakers. I expect they add another big before the deadline.

2. San Antonio - Duncan is still a Top 10 player in this league by my books. He has remained relatively healthy over the past few seasons. His production has dropped mainly because his minutes have dropped. With a great cast of big men around him (McDyess, Bonner, Splitter, Blair) to take some of those minutes, San Antonio looks strong in the front court. The PG position should be better with a healthy Tony Parker and a more experienced Hill. The wings could get a huge boost if Jefferson can rebound from an atrocious 2009-2010 campaign. Ginobili remains one of the best SG options in the league in the smal quantity of minutes he plays and newcomers James Anderson should help. The biggest question is health.

My two biggest competitors for the Lakers would be the two competitors who are most consistent and best coached.

Other teams that have a chance would be Dallas (loaded with veteran talent - and big enough to compete with LA's front line), Houston (a healthy Yao and Martin would be huge for the offense - the defense is always a strength. Also a consistently well coached team), OKC (Durant and Westbrook have arrived. But everyone knows it and will be ready for them this year. Still a competitor though, but I expect a few trials along the way), Portland (injuries have been a perpetual concern. But if healthy, they are deep and have young star power. I look forward to see Batum emerge and hope to see Oden healthy). I can add Denver if Melo remains but it appears there are more questions than answers in Denver at the moment.

vs. Heat

1. Boston - I think they are the obvious choice here. Rondo has emerged as a star in this league and I suspect Miami would have troubles containing him. Defensively, Boston is as tough as it gets. They are have a big, strong, veteran front court that can give Miami some problems. If healthy, Boston has a legit shot at taking down Miami in the playoffs

2. Orlando/Chicago? - Tough to see anyone else bringing down the Heat. Dwight would be a matchup problem, but Rashard, Vince and Jameer hardly inspire me to see them as a legit threat. Chicago has a new look and some young blood. They look like a complete team on the rise again. Their size could make them a good matchup against the Heat, along with strong wing defenders in Brewer and Deng. A new coach, a new look and a younger team leaves them with lots ot prove though. They could be a better challenge for the Heat in a year or two.

I really can't see anyone making too much noise in the East. Atlanta and Milwaukee are good teams, but not in the same tier as many Western playoff perennials. The East have less teams to challenge for the conference crown.

jacobwilson222
09-29-2010, 03:29 PM
I've breifed this thread, and no one mentioned Portland? Ya sleeping on them too much. Portland might make it to the CF this year. Back to OP, in the West: Port,Dallas, and maybe Denver:, and the East: Chicago and Boston.

Portland has been mentioned quite a bit...

SouthSideRookie
09-29-2010, 03:37 PM
You might be right but his body is just too big to run and jump and not get hurt. People weren't meant to be that enormous. I always root for injured guys to stay healthy. It makes things more interesting, but I don't see Yao having a single injury free year ever.

Big Z says Hi :rolleyes:

Cool007
09-29-2010, 03:42 PM
I think the only team in the East that can actually beat Heat is Celtics. Magic does have a chance but at the end of the day, who in the backcourt can answer when the game is on the line???

People won't take me seriously but I think Bulls may have fighter's chance at beating the Heat (if Rose takes that next step and Bulls are top 3 in defense).

West: I think Thunder could make some noise but they need help. Their frontcourt is not that good. Durant also played pretty poorly in the Playoffs. I think if healthy, Blazers can beat Lakers IMO.

SouthSideRookie
09-29-2010, 04:01 PM
West: Rockets and Blazers.

East: Celtics are the favorites. Chicago and Heat as possibilities to upset Boston.

None of these upsets would suprise me.

Tqafg96
09-29-2010, 04:05 PM
West- OKC
East- Bulls/Celtics

nickdymez
09-29-2010, 07:08 PM
He will stop himself with all the fouls he will rack up. He won't play more than 20m min.

Wishful thinking cocky heat fan.

Bravo95
09-29-2010, 07:13 PM
Boston and Dallas. There will be a Finals rematch next summer though. Same result.

jackdawson
09-29-2010, 07:29 PM
West: Portland, OKC.
East: None.

knickfan4life
09-29-2010, 07:32 PM
denver and celts

knickfan4life
09-29-2010, 07:46 PM

so miami is gonna go 52-0 against the east and sweep thru the eastern conference in the playoffs? since you just basically said no0one even stands a chance...

how'd u say that?

this is a hypothetical situation lol, and your sayin not even hypothetically can anyone beat the heat lol that means theyre so much better than everyone in the east, they wont lose a single game to the east all season?

FKNRUEHH925
09-29-2010, 08:06 PM
Thunder and Bulls

JordansBulls
09-30-2010, 10:07 AM

:speechless: