PDA

View Full Version : Report: Sixers offer Iggy for Melo

The L Train
09-26-2010, 01:50 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/Sixers_in_talks_for_Carmelo_Anthony_Western_exec_s ays.html

The Sixers and Denver are talking about a potential trade that would bring Carmelo Anthony to Philadelphia and send Andre Iguodala to Denver, a Western Conference executive has confirmed to the Daily News.

The executive said Nuggets GM Masai Ujiri has spoken with Ed Stefanski.

1-800-STFU
09-26-2010, 01:51 PM
I'm not clicking on that.

Gators123
09-26-2010, 01:54 PM

x2

The L Train
09-26-2010, 01:54 PM

Don't bother, the deal wont happen anyway cuz Melo wont sign there.

News24/7
09-26-2010, 01:55 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/Sixers_in_talks_for_Carmelo_Anthony_Western_exec_s ays.html

The Sixers and Denver are talking about a potential trade that would bring Carmelo Anthony to Philadelphia and send Andre Iguodala to Denver, a Western Conference executive has confirmed to the Daily News.

Other players would need to be involved in the trade to match salaries.

The Sixers are not among the four teams that Anthony has said are his preferred destinations, with Chicago and New York at the top of his list.

The Sixers also would need to get Anthony to sign an extension. His contract expires after the season and he has not signed a 3-year extension offered by Denver.

Iguodala agreed to a 6-year, $80 million contract with the Sixers in August 2008.

Reports late last week had Anthony close to going to New Jersey in a complex four-team deal that also involved Utah and Charlotte. The New York Daily News is reporting that the Bobcats are holding up the deal, unwilling to include point guard D.J. Augustin. Charlotte was expecting Augustin would replace Raymond Felton, who left this offseason via free agency.

Indications are that the Nuggets would like a deal done before they begin training camp tomorrow.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/Sixers_in_talks_for_Carmelo_Anthony_Western_exec_s ays.html#ixzz10ewzxIXu
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

Burkey3472
09-26-2010, 01:55 PM
I wish :sigh:

ShaqShoes
09-26-2010, 01:56 PM
I bet every team has made an offer.

1-800-STFU
09-26-2010, 01:56 PM

Now ill click on that :)

SouthSideRookie
09-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Ok what team is next after the Sixers ? :facepalm:

JDink24
09-26-2010, 02:01 PM
It would take Iggy, Turner or Holiday, at least our next 2 #1s and possibly Shane Victorino to land Melo.

I'd still probably do it though.

tennisoscar1
09-26-2010, 02:10 PM
please happen !!

KingOf215
09-26-2010, 02:11 PM
From the Nuggets perspective... I know I'd rather take Igoudala over AK-47 or Deng or any form of those NYK Gallinari/Randolph packages any day of the week.

netsgiantsyanks
09-26-2010, 02:12 PM

my inside sources have told me the spurs have offered tiago splitter, richard jefferson, 2 2035 first round draft picks, eva longoria, and half of their fanbase.

MJ-BULLS
09-26-2010, 02:13 PM

the T Wolves jk. :)

but seriously, he wont sign there.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-26-2010, 02:16 PM
I like it for both teams

but Melo won't sign because of turner

KingOf215
09-26-2010, 02:16 PM
I like it for both teams

but Melo won't sign because of turner

Elaborate please.

Antipod
09-26-2010, 02:17 PM
This is turning into a circus :facepalm:
Make up you mind Melo and stop creating and crushing ppl`s dreams !

Basketash
09-26-2010, 02:19 PM
my inside sources have told me the spurs have offered tiago splitter, richard jefferson, 2 2035 first round draft picks, eva longoria, and half of their fanbase.

haha eva longoria ftw!

Chicagofaithful
09-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Deng, Taj to Philly
Iggy to Denver + cha 1st + chi 1st
Melo to Chicago

imagesrdecievin
09-26-2010, 02:30 PM
Deng, Taj to Philly
Melo to Chicago

Elton Brands piss poor contract isn't enough - now they want to add Deng's to it?

KingOf215
09-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Deng, Taj to Philly
Melo to Chicago

What a joke. :facepalm:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Elaborate please.

Probably the best deal the Denver would get, maybe sixers will give them a 1st rounder also.

But yeah, don't think melo will sign there

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Deng, Taj to Philly
Melo to Chicago

rape

TEXASTITAN
09-26-2010, 02:41 PM
This is one sided as in philly is talking and denver is listening to everyone. There's no way this deal holds any water and philly isn't getting melo.

oak2455
09-26-2010, 02:45 PM

Eva now your talking:D

More-Than-Most
09-26-2010, 03:04 PM
****. I hate this. I want us to trade Iggy but I don't want melo. Why not a 3 team trade... Iggy to denver... Favors to philly... Melo to nets with a bunch of other fill in picks and or players. Get rid of iggy and dont get melo.

abe_froman
09-26-2010, 03:11 PM
****. I hate this. I want us to trade Iggy but I don't want melo. Why not a 3 team trade... Iggy to denver... Favors to philly... Melo to nets with a bunch of other fill in picks and or players. Get rid of iggy and dont get melo.

that actually sounds good for all sides

KingOf215
09-26-2010, 03:13 PM

I'd prefer this 3 team deal also, but hey, if it comes down to Iggy for Melo take-it or leave-it scenario.. you'd really say NO? :confused:

Sixerlover
09-26-2010, 03:18 PM
ewww Deng + Taj for Iggy? Helll no

But I'd just flip Melo for Murphy + Favors from Jersey and call it a day.

Jrue Holiday
Evan Turner
Thaddeus Young
Derrick Favors
Spencer Hawes

With more than likely another top 5 pick coming.

gilly
09-26-2010, 03:21 PM
^ Can you imagine that team + Harrison Barnes? New OKC.

Jrue Holiday
Evan Turner
Harrison Barnes
Derrick Favors
Spencer Hawes

IHeartNY
09-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Not a Sixers-Fan, maybe some of them can tell me, why the 76ers (should) do that ?

VinceCarter
09-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Not Sixers-Fan, maybe some of them can tell me, why the 76ers (should) do that ?

Rod Thorn is working his magic.

IHeartNY
09-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Rod Thorn is working his magic.

:p Ah ... I see ... :speechless:

IversonIsKrazy
09-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Melo won't re-sign anyways. So I don't understand why Philly would want to do it. THe only way this happened, was if Melo signed an extension before trading, which won't happen.

EaglesJackson10
09-26-2010, 04:04 PM
Melo won't re-sign anyways. So I don't understand why Philly would want to do it. THe only way this happened, was if Melo signed an extension before trading, which won't happen.

Your list in your sig is incorrect. I would put it a little more like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9lg6HqJeY0

Chill_Will_24
09-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Well seeing as how Thorn is in love with Favors, and was the one who drafted him how about Philly gets Favors and they can take out Utah and Charlotte out of the equation allowing the Nets to keep Harris. Nuggets get Iggy and Nets get Melo. Simpler deal. Less mess.

Sixerlover
09-26-2010, 04:09 PM
well seeing as how thorn is in love with favors, and was the one who drafted him how about philly gets favors and they can take out utah and charlotte out of the equation allowing the nets to keep harris. Nuggets get iggy and nets get melo. Simpler deal. Less mess.

exactly

EaglesJackson10
09-26-2010, 04:22 PM
We can only hope^

theLgndKllr35
09-26-2010, 04:27 PM
Well seeing as how Thorn is in love with Favors, and was the one who drafted him how about Philly gets Favors and they can take out Utah and Charlotte out of the equation allowing the Nets to keep Harris. Nuggets get Iggy and Nets get Melo. Simpler deal. Less mess.

Regardless of how many times this was already said in this thread, you sir are correct. I award you one bonus point, which you may or may not choose to keep track of.

Chill_Will_24
09-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Regardless of how many times this was already said in this thread, you sir are correct. I award you one bonus point, which you may or may not choose to keep track of.

Charlotte FO is being greddy anyway. They are getting a very good PG in Harris and for only Diaw! Yet they balk at including Augustin who would lose major minutes behind Harris anyway... The entire inclusion of Utah and Charlotte still baffled me in that proposed deal...

saintl2510
09-26-2010, 04:38 PM
as long as he doesn't come to the kinkcs and mess up our team i agree with you

shep33
09-26-2010, 04:42 PM
I think we all know that he's going to end up with the Knicks or Bulls, so all these other teams are just wasting time, and I don't get why they even give offers.

Here's something interesting though, if Noah wants a ton of money, then Chicago might want to part ways. I think Melo to the Bulls is quite a decent possibility. Knicks, would be awesome, but if Chicago gives up Noah, the Knicks don't have anything better to offer so the Bulls will win the sweepstakes.

EaglesJackson10
09-26-2010, 04:45 PM
How are the Knicks going to get him. They have nothing to offer and the Bulls aren't going to offer Noah. As for the Nets I don't see that happening because apparently they aren't including Favors. http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-news-and-rumors/articles/107712-avery-johnson-nets-wont-include-favors-in-deal-for-anthony

Chill_Will_24
09-26-2010, 04:52 PM
How are the Knicks going to get him. They have nothing to offer and the Bulls aren't going to offer Noah. As for the Nets I don't see that happening because apparently they aren't including Favors. http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-news-and-rumors/articles/107712-avery-johnson-nets-wont-include-favors-in-deal-for-anthony

That report is 2 days old... Try to keep up man...

KnicksR4Real
09-26-2010, 04:52 PM
From the Nuggets perspective... I know I'd rather take Igoudala over AK-47 or Deng or any form of those NYK Gallinari/Randolph packages any day of the week.

go home and rethink this

EaglesJackson10
09-26-2010, 04:55 PM
That report is 2 days old... Try to keep up man...

Because I really ****ing care. Why don't you point that out to the numerous people on here talking about Favors to Philly, Iggy to Denver, Melo to NJ.

Chill_Will_24
09-26-2010, 05:00 PM
go home and rethink this

Thought... rethought... Thought some more... Hmmm tough one... Iggy or Gallo+Randolph... Hmmm... Semi star who can be a go to guy and decent replacement for Melo or semi talented overrated, clumsy, uncoordinated rooster boy and a young PF with untapped potential???... Hmmm I think all go with Iggy here. I just busted a sweat thinking about that...

Chill_Will_24
09-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Because I really ****ing care. Why don't you point that out to the numerous people on here talking about Favors to Philly, Iggy to Denver, Melo to NJ.

Stop getting all butt hurt for nothing man. Your source is 2 days old and since then literally dozens of reports have emerged of Favors being part of trades. Also the Favors to Philly, Melo to NJ, and Iggy to Denver came from me. It's possible. Makes more sense for the Nets and Nuggets. I don't know about the Sixers thou. I know Thorn loves Favors and his crazy potential but idk if the thought of Turner AND Favors is enough for him to part with Iggy.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 05:07 PM
If they don't want Deng's contract, why the hell would they want Iggy's? :facepalm:

Deng > Iguodala

Kashmir13579
09-26-2010, 05:10 PM
the T Wolves jk. :)

but seriously, he wont sign there.

i would love it if he went to the wolves!:)

theducksmuggler
09-26-2010, 05:13 PM
If they don't want Deng's contract, why the hell would they want Iggy's? :facepalm:

Deng > Iguodala

I'm gonna disagree i would rather have iggy over deng anyday of the week, iggy is a way better defender and better team player.

abe_froman
09-26-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm gonna disagree i would rather have iggy over deng anyday of the week, iggy is a way better defender and better team player.
ummm no

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 05:22 PM

They're both on the same level defensively, and Deng plays better off the ball than any SF in the league. Not to mention Deng is by far a better rebounder.

MagicBucsSox
09-26-2010, 05:23 PM
iggy is the best player they been offered for melo

coolmo
09-26-2010, 05:26 PM
They're both on the same level defensively, and Deng plays better off the ball than any SF in the league. Not to mention Deng is by far a better rebounder.

it's funny, if deng is so much better than any sf in the league, why are you guys keep trying to trade him away?
:confused:

SeoulBeatz
09-26-2010, 05:28 PM
lol deng better than iggy?

thats why so many of you chitown fans were trying to see if iggy for deng were possible.

BHF
09-26-2010, 05:28 PM

Deng > Iguodala

what are you smoking? Dang>Iguoala :facepalm: hahahahaha wow dude

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 05:29 PM
it's funny, if deng is so much better than any sf in the league, why are you guys keep trying to trade him away?
:confused:

Where exactly did I say he's better OVERALL than any SF in the league? :facepalm:

I said he plays better off the ball than any SF, what is your reading level? 2nd grade?

EaglesJackson10
09-26-2010, 05:30 PM

Not really. Deng average 7.3 RPG and Iggy average 6.5 RPG and played roughly the same amount of time. Iggy like the other guy said is a much better team player. Iggy is a far better passer. He averaged almost 6 apg and deng averaged 2 apg. Going by that I would take Iggy as the offensive player and Iggy would be a better defensive player if he put more work into it. He was a great defender in 08 and last year had a bit of a down year defensively.

coolmo
09-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Where exactly did I say he's better OVERALL than any SF in the league? :facepalm:

I said he plays better off the ball than any SF, what is your reading level? 2nd grade?

Yeah, i am sure i am more educated than you at least with your comment, Deng > Iguodala

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Iguodala Career - 15.8 PPG 5.8 RPG 4.6 APG

Deng Career - 15.8 PPG 6.5 RPG 2.2 APG

If anything they're on the same level, but Deng can fit into any system better because he doesn't need the ball in his hands like Iggy does and plays off the ball so well. I don't understand why you all reacted as if Iguodala is Jordan and Deng is Sam Bowie.

YoungOne
09-26-2010, 05:36 PM
Deng, Taj to Philly
Melo to Chicago

why do bulls fans think that every team wants deng?

EaglesJackson10
09-26-2010, 05:40 PM

If anything they're on the same level, but Deng can fit into any system better because he doesn't need the ball in his hands like Iggy does and plays off the ball so well. I don't understand why you all reacted as if Iguodala is Jordan and Deng is Sam Bowie.

No its pretty obvious that that Iggy is better that's why we reacted like that. Career stats aren't important it's whose better right now. Iggy doesn't need the ball that much he has just had it more because he's been the go to guy in philly for almost his whole career.

SeoulBeatz
09-26-2010, 05:42 PM

there mere fact that you brought up career stats proves my point.

4 years ago, Deng was better than Iggy, now, Iggy is a better player. Not by much though.

EaglesJackson10
09-26-2010, 05:43 PM
Deng, Taj to Philly
Melo to Chicago

This confuses me why is Charlotte giving up a first round pick for no reason at all.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 05:44 PM
This confuses me why is Charlotte giving up a first round pick for no reason at all.

Bulls have Charlotte's 1st round pick next year from the Tyrus Thomas trade.

imagesrdecievin
09-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Iggy stock went way up thanks to his performance in the world's. Before that I would have considered Iggy slightly more valuable than Deng. Based on the way he showed he can play team ball and do all the little things I now consider him much more valuable.

masalex1205
This thread is full of crackheads

Why the hell would the Nuggets do this? Iggy is good but is way overpaid. This woudl just be a lateral/regressive move for both teams since Melo is not resigning in Philly.

ChI_ShIzzLe
there mere fact that you brought up career stats proves my point.

4 years ago, Deng was better than Iggy, now, Iggy is a better player. Not by much though.

Only knock on Deng is that he hasn't been able to stay healthy consistently. Now that he's playing on a much better and deeper team, he won't have to play a lot of minutes and should be more productive.

EaglesJackson10
09-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Bulls have Charlotte's 1st round pick next year from the Tyrus Thomas trade.

Ok. Wow that was a terrible trade by Charlotte. Almost as bad as the Bulls drafting Tyrus Thomas.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Iggy stock went way up thanks to his performance in the world's. Before that I would have considered Iggy slightly more valuable than Deng. Based on the way he showed he can play team ball and do all the little things I now consider him much more valuable.

International play does not raise or drop anyones value. That is completely different from the NBA.

netsgiantsyanks
09-26-2010, 05:50 PM
if i recall, this thread is called "Report:76ers offer Iggy for Melo", not "Whos Better:Iguodala or Deng". hell, i dont even see a D in the title. this whole thread has turned into a ***** fit.

EaglesJackson10
09-26-2010, 05:51 PM
This thread is full of crackheads

Why the hell would the Nuggets do this? Iggy is good but is way overpaid. This woudl just be a lateral/regressive move for both teams since Melo is not resigning in Philly.

Why wouldn't the nuggets do this. Are they getting anything better? They aren't getting Noah and despite what other people say I don't see them getting Favors. What would you rather them do keep Melo this year and get nothing from him other than cap space to sign a lesser player than Iguodala.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Ok. Wow that was a terrible trade by Charlotte. Almost as bad as the Bulls drafting Tyrus Thomas.

That pick could turn out to be a high one depending on how the Cats do this season. I figured 2 firsts next year and good players would be enough to get Melo but I guess Denver just wants to be anal and lose him for nothing.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Why wouldn't the nuggets do this. Are they getting anything better? They aren't getting Noah and despite what other people say I don't see them getting Favors. What would you rather them do keep Melo this year and get nothing from him other than cap space to sign a lesser player than Iguodala.

The question is why would the Sixers do this if Melo is gonna walk next summer?

EaglesJackson10
09-26-2010, 05:55 PM
International play does not raise or drop anyones value. That is completely different from the NBA.

Well college basketball is completely different from the NBA also but that raises and drops players value in the draft. College basketball is even more different than International play is.

Googlyeyes101
09-26-2010, 05:55 PM
difference is iggy can play 82 games a year

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 05:56 PM
if i recall, this thread is called "Report:76ers offer Iggy for Melo", not "Whos Better:Iguodala or Deng". hell, i dont even see a D in the title. this whole thread has turned into a ***** fit.

All I said was why would Denver want Iggy's contract when they aren't willing to take Deng's similar one, as both players aren't really that much better than each other. And I got attacked.

Sixerlover
09-26-2010, 05:58 PM
All I said was why would Denver want Iggy's contract when they aren't willing to take Deng's similar one, as both players aren't really that much better than each other. And I got attacked.

It's simple. Because Iguodala is the better player and fits more with the team. Not a difficult concept to understand.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Well college basketball is completely different from the NBA also but that raises and drops players value in the draft. College basketball is even more different than International play is.

Ya except a college player is different from a guy who's been in the league for 6 seasons and has already reached his potential.

SMH!
09-26-2010, 06:07 PM
IGGY> deng. any day

nystandup
09-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Does this report have any legs to it?

imagesrdecievin
09-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Does this report have any legs to it?

I think until the Denver FO gets it's act together no story really has any legs. At first glance it looks like their GM is in way over his head.

Ty Fast
09-26-2010, 06:29 PM

miami

gocubs2118
09-26-2010, 06:30 PM
The only thing Iggy has over Deng is durability.

John Walls Era
its not bad at all for the Nuggets. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone; get a young forward back and sends Melo to the East.

Chicagofaithful
if melo wont resign with sixers (which we all mostly assume he wont). Heres a trade that could work for everyone

Sixers trade - iggy
get - taj gibson, luol deng

Bulls trade - taj gibson, luol deng, James Johnson, and 2 1st rounders (including charlotte's)
get - melo

Nuggets trade - melo
get - iggy, james johnson, and 2 1st round draft picks from the bulls (including cha)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2duvsts
it works financially. Sixers get better in that they get 2 solid players who together are better than Iggy. Bulls get melo (obviously a great trade if they dont have to send out joakim). And nuggets get a really talented, marketable wing player to help soften the blow plus 2 1st round picks, one of which is a potential lottery pick, and james johnson a 2nd year sf with skills enough to be a solid role player

Sixerlover
09-26-2010, 06:31 PM
^ that is a HORRIBLE package. I'd rather the cap space that comes from Melo not re-signing

hgtiger32
09-26-2010, 06:32 PM
magette, redd's expiring, illyasova and 2 1st rounders...

Chicagofaithful
09-26-2010, 06:35 PM
^ that is a HORRIBLE package. I'd rather the cap space that comes from Melo not re-signing

i didnt realize you guys hated iggy so much

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 06:35 PM

Good thing you're not the GM then.

Chicagofaithful
09-26-2010, 06:37 PM
and you need to realize something. talent wise you're not getting a player better than iggy. SO if i were you i'd def want the best talent i could get back

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 06:37 PM
i didnt realize you guys hated iggy so much

He's referring to not having anything to do with Deng's contract and take the cap space instead.

HOZ THE KNICK
09-26-2010, 06:44 PM
I heard the lakers offered ron artest for him...

JOSKOMANG4
09-26-2010, 06:46 PM
- Nuggets acquire SF/SG's Iggy & J.Kapono, C S. Hawes, & 2011 1st rd pick from Sixers in exchanged for SF Melo & SG JR Smith

Nuggets Lineup:

C: Nene Hilario/S.Hawes/*Brian Butch
PF: Kenyon Martin/Chris Andersen/Shelden Williams
SF: IGGY/Al Harrington/Renaldo Balkman
SG: Aaron Afflalo/J.Kapono
PG: Chauncey Billups/Ty Lawson/Anthony Carter

Sixers Lineup:

C: Marreese Speights/Tony Battie
PF: Elton Brand/Darius Songaila/Craig Brackins
SF: Melo/Andres Nocioni/Thaddeus Young
SG: Evan Turner/Jr Smith/Jodie Meeks
PG: Jrue Holiday/Louis Williams

smith&wesson
09-26-2010, 06:47 PM
iggy has been the best offer for mello. but mello wont play in philli

JOSKOMANG4
09-26-2010, 07:09 PM
iggy has been the best offer for mello. but mello wont play in philli

Who knows right? I mean Philly right now can look at it thru different perspectives.

1) Melo> Iggy

2) Melo is an expiring contract so if he decides to leave Philly at seasons end, Philly saves gets over 18.0 mill off their books.

3) Philly is under a new regime; Coach Collins, a veteran coach. Let's say Philly succeeds this season, it might intrigue Melo to "re-up" for a couple of seasons.

* Melo doesn't have a "no-trade" clause so therefore he has no say on where he is traded.

Sixerlover
09-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Good thing you're not the GM then.

Don't be offended because it's a bad package for a top 10 player. Your team can do better, but doesn't want to. If you miss out because of that it's something you guys will have to live with not me.

DenButsu
09-26-2010, 07:57 PM
On a talent-for-talent basis, getting Iggy back is definitely one of the fairer proposals for the Nuggets.

That said, I think I still like Favors/AK(expiring)/1sts better. If Melo gets jettisoned, the Nuggets are rebuilding. Getting Iguodala would really be a halfway measure that would keep them competitive enough to miss the lottery, keep the payroll high enough not to have flexibility moving forward, and basically put them in a position to go one and done again in the playoffs.

I pretty much subscribe to the school of thought that if you're not building a contender, you should be rebuilding so you can position your team for that, and anything in between is pretty much just a limbo that might keep ticket sales a little higher, might keep the team "good enough" to be in the playoffs sometimes, but locks the financial/roster/draft situation in a position where the team can't really improve enough to become a legit contender for the title.

So my preference for the NJ deal is less about Iggy, and more about the overall, long-term situation for the Nuggets.

king4day
09-26-2010, 08:30 PM
i wonder if Philly would do this and not mind losing Melo next year. Just to bring in extra merch cash

NBA-GMaster
09-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Iggy for Melo would be a great offer that Nuggets can have.. NYk will be happy about Melo's one year rental in Philly.. :clap:

EaglesJackson10
09-26-2010, 09:03 PM
i wonder if Philly would do this and not mind losing Melo next year. Just to bring in extra merch cash

Haha i dont think Merch is that big of a factor in this deal.

EaglesJackson10
09-26-2010, 09:07 PM
There was renewed hope Sunday that a four-team trade sending Carmelo Anthony to the Nets was still alive, with the framework of the deal possibly expanding to include additional players and possibly another team, CBSSports.com has learned.

But a weekend of inertia continued to frustrate the three teams Denver hastily recruited to accelerate Anthony’s departure, with executives standing firm in their belief that the longer the delay, the stronger the chance that the precarious structure of the trade could fall apart.

Among New Jersey, Utah and Charlotte, sources say least concerned were the Nets, who understandably have “no deadline” to pull off the blockbuster, franchise-shaping deal. The problem is with the pieces volunteered by the Jazz and Bobcats, who’d benefit the least from the arrangement and want to avoid unnecessary distractions heading into training camp this week. Charlotte’s role in the existing deal would be to send Boris Diaw to Utah and receive Devin Harris from the Nets, while Utah would send Andre Kirilenko to the Nuggets, who’d get No. 3 pick Derrick Favors and two first-round picks from New Jersey. Quinton Ross also would go from New Jersey to Utah.

“No one wants to go to camp with drama,” said one executive not involved in the pursuit of Anthony, who ignited the sweepstakes by refusing to sign a three-year, $65 million extension while his high-powered agents, Leon Rose and William Wesley, pushed hard all summer for a trade.

Sources say the Nuggets have been taking full advantage of the holding pattern in talks to listen to offers from other teams – though executives with knowledge of the situation do not believe a better offer has presented itself. The Bulls and Clippers, two teams with attractive assets and a realistic chance of persuading Anthony to sign an extension with them, have not progressed beyond the packages they initially brought to Denver’s attention. Some signs Sunday pointed to the revival of talks between Denver and Philadelphia with Andre Iguodala going to the Nuggets, but there was no signal from Anthony’s camp that he’d softened in his opposition to bringing his talents to South Philly.

Another player the Nuggets have targeted as a viable asset to recover in an Anthony trade, Anderson Varejao, remains a long shot for the same reason; Anthony isn’t going to Cleveland, the city that superstar LeBron James fled in July as though the Cuyahoga River were on fire.

So on the second front, the Nuggets are trying to determine whether another player within the current framework of the deal or even a fifth team would be able to further sweeten the reward for parting with the organization’s best player in two decades. The Nets are said to have “exhausted” the options available to the Nuggets in the current structure of the trade, with one possibility having Harris going to Denver instead of Charlotte. What Nuggets officials are weighing there, according to an executive with knowledge of the talks, is whether Harris might have more value as a trade chip than Kirilenko – an indication that Denver would view itself as being in full-blown cost-cutting and rebuilding mode without Anthony in the fold. Kirilenko, with a $17.8 million expiring contract, would seem to have more value than Harris, who is owed $27 million over the next three years. The Nuggets have not asked the Bobcats for Gerald Wallace, according to one executive familiar with the negotiations.

With nothing happening to push the discussions any closer to completion or extinction, Anthony could very well still be a Nugget during media day Monday at the Pepsi Center, which brings the saga to its next critical turning point. Anthony’s presence around the team will give GM Masai Ujiri his first chance to sit down face-to-face with the superstar and hear directly from him on his level of comfort with the best offer the team has received to move him.

Coach George Karl, whose ability to influence Anthony’s position should not be underestimated, also will have a chance to be in the room. This way, Nuggets officials will be able to hear first-hand from Anthony where he stands on the direction of the organization and his comfort level with joining a New Jersey team that would still be one major piece away from championship contention after adding Anthony. To this point, the vast majority of communication with Denver officials has come from Anthony’s advisers with Creative Artists Agency – most notable Rose and Wesley, who staunchly favor a trade to pastures they argue are greener than in Denver.

What the Nuggets are hoping, at the risk of jeopardizing the best offer they may get, is that Anthony’s angst will subside once he’s back with the only team he’s known during his seven-year career. He may conclude that he wouldn’t be much better off somewhere else.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/24856540

Hahah love the Lebron reference but this deal is not happening unless the Sixers are willing to take a one year rental.

DenButsu
09-26-2010, 09:08 PM

That's not just a good question, that is THE key question here.

Because if they are, that really raises the stakes on the other teams, because it provides a competitor that Melo can't refuse. I thought that NJ deal was gonna go down yesterday, and I really didn't understand why the Nuggets seemed to get cold feet. But this would help explain it, if the 76ers really were willing to do that.

Chill_Will_24
09-26-2010, 09:21 PM
That's not just a good question, that is THE key question here.

Because if they are, that really raises the stakes on the other teams, because it provides a competitor that Melo can't refuse. I thought that NJ deal was gonna go down yesterday, and I really didn't understand why the Nuggets seemed to get cold feet. But this would help explain it, if the 76ers really were willing to do that.

If they are willing to do that then the basketball gods have smiled upon the Knicks...

DenButsu
09-26-2010, 09:25 PM
If they are willing to do that then the basketball gods have smiled upon the Knicks...

Possibly. If the Nuggets actually sent him to Philly. But I think they'd still probably use that as leverage to get the best deal from NJ they can (ie. Not having to include Afflalo or Lawson if the Nets include Harris).

Knowledge
09-26-2010, 09:33 PM
and you need to realize something. talent wise you're not getting a player better than iggy. SO if i were you i'd def want the best talent i could get back

We arent trying to dump Iggy for anything, we would be fine keeping him. Unless we get a super talent like Favors or proven star like Melo, we will just stick with what we have.

I think Speights and Brackins are more talented than Gibson so it really wouldnt make sense to trade Iggy for that. I also think Iggy is a much better player than Deng and the stats agree. Iggy had a down year last year and he was still better than Deng.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 09:35 PM
We arent trying to dump Iggy, we would be fine keeping him. Unless we get a super talent like Favors or proven star like Melo, we will just stick with what we have.

I think Speights and Brackins are more talented than Gibson so it really wouldnt make sense to trade Iggy for that. I also think Iggy is a much better player than Deng and the stats agree. Iggy had a down year last year and he was still better than Deng.

Please do show me. Last I checked they both have a career avg of 15.8 PPG with Deng being a better rebounder and Iggy being a better passer and playmaker.

Chill_Will_24
09-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Possibly. If the Nuggets actually sent him to Philly. But I think they'd still probably use that as leverage to get the best deal from NJ they can (ie. Not having to include Afflalo or Lawson if the Nets include Harris).

Lol I can't believe Billy King is such a dumb***... Letting the Denver FO rape him like this... Who does he think he's trading for? DWade? This is Melo! Just plain overrated "can't win you anything but butts in seats" Melo! Ugh... I hate this trade! I can't believe they are considering throwing away Harris needlessly... I think it makes more sense to cut out Utah and CHA, and bring in Philly. Melo to Nets, Iggy to Denver, Favors to Philly! Simple. Less mess. Why isn't it obvious to these tools? NJ would like to keep Harris. Thorn has been in love with Favors and his monster potential since he drafted him for NJ, and Denver wants Iggy badly! Make it happen. It makes more sense than that sloppy messy 16 team trade idea...

The_Jamal
09-26-2010, 09:39 PM
ewww Deng + Taj for Iggy? Helll no

But I'd just flip Melo for Murphy + Favors from Jersey and call it a day.

Jrue Holiday
Evan Turner
Thaddeus Young
Derrick Favors
Spencer Hawes

With more than likely another top 5 pick coming.

How the f do Sixers end up with favors? Deal Melo again after just trading for him?

Chill_Will_24
09-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Please do show me. Last I checked they both have a career avg of 15.8 PPG with Deng being a better rebounder and Iggy being a better passer and playmaker.

The difference being that Iggy can be a better rebounder. I think he doesn't put too much effort there. While Dengs passing would never improve. Also Deng is not durable at all. Forget stats. Look at it this way. Philly hasn't nessesarily been shopping Iggy around. He's good! Meanwhile you guys have been offering Deng like Tootsie Rolls on Halloween. Nobody wants him.

Kakaroach
09-26-2010, 09:44 PM
I wonder if the Jazz might be involved in this scenario as well...

nycericanguy
09-26-2010, 09:48 PM
3 team deal

PHI gets - AR & Curry
DEN gets - Iggy, Chandler
NY gets - Melo, Affalo

makes sense on all levels, Philly unloads Iggy's contract and gets a 21 year old PF with unlimited potential & a huge expiring contract. Who knows maybe EC can play for them too, they did trade Dalembert.

DEN gets Iggy AND Wilson Chandler & possibly picks from NY and or PHI

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 09:54 PM
The difference being that Iggy can be a better rebounder. I think he doesn't put too much effort there. While Dengs passing would never improve. Also Deng is not durable at all. Forget stats. Look at it this way. Philly hasn't nessesarily been shopping Iggy around. He's good! Meanwhile you guys have been offering Deng like Tootsie Rolls on Halloween. Nobody wants him.

WOW great theory there :facepalm::facepalm:

Deng's name has been thrown around for the league's premium players like KG, Gasol and now Melo. If Melo says he wants to sign with Philly I bet the whole city would volunteer to pack Iggy's bags and drive him to the airport.

The_Jamal
09-26-2010, 09:55 PM
3 team deal

PHI gets - AR & Curry
NY gets - Melo, Affalo

makes sense on all levels, Philly unloads Iggy's contract and gets a 21 year old PF with unlimited potential & a huge expiring contract. Who knows maybe EC can play for them too, they did trade Dalembert.

this makes no sense at all. NY rapes the **** out of this deal.

Knowledge
09-26-2010, 09:56 PM

Than is career. Look at the last 3 years and tell me who is the better player. Im not looking up every stat to back up my argument,you can look those up on 82games.com. I'll just give you a the simplest one.

07-08
Iggy per: 19
Deng per: 17

08-09
Iggy per: 18.4
Dang per: 14.7

09-10
Iggy per:17.8
Deng: 16.1

Chill_Will_24
09-26-2010, 09:57 PM
3 team deal

PHI gets - AR & Curry
NY gets - Melo, Affalo

Horrible trade idea. One of the worst I've seen. Randolph and his unlimited potential??? Child please... And what picks!!? Also why are you getting AA from the Nuggets?

RCarlson85
09-26-2010, 09:57 PM
It seems like a pretty good deal for the Nuggets if they could get Iggy and maybe a draft pick or two for Melo. Iggy and Melo are similar players so he could be an adequate replacement for the Nuggets. I would rather have Iggy than Noah/Deng or anything the Knicks can offer.

nycericanguy
09-26-2010, 10:01 PM
this makes no sense at all. NY rapes the **** out of this deal.

why doesnt it make sense? DEN clearly has an interest in Iggy, so they get Iggy AND chandler. Philly could use a young frontcourt player and they are rebuilding. Getting rid of that huge Iggy contract would help them going forward. I threw in Affalo to make salaries work but Im not sure he's needed in this trade.

nycericanguy
09-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Horrible trade idea. One of the worst I've seen. Randolph and his unlimited potential??? Child please... And what picks!!? Also why are you getting AA from the Nuggets?

completely unnecessary, if you are going to respond to my posts like that please dont respond at all. thanks

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 10:03 PM
lol

Brooklyn Mets
09-26-2010, 10:05 PM
china is trading starbury for melo

Chill_Will_24
09-26-2010, 10:07 PM
completely unnecessary, if you are going to respond to my posts like that please dont respond at all. thanks

Oops didn't mean to hurt your feelings... That trade sucks thou. Randolph has potential yes but there are way better deals to be had. The Nuggets might even take a slightly lesser deal just so they won't have to give Melo what he wants an send him to NY. They are angry with him. Also Chandler sucks so idk Denver would want him

SouthSideRookie
09-26-2010, 10:10 PM
For the proposed Knick trade, dude there is no realistic way IMO that the knicks would get Melo without including AR, Gallo and Chandler in a deal, and also include draft picks somewhere.

nycericanguy
09-26-2010, 10:11 PM
For the proposed the Knick trade, dude there is no realistic way IMO that the knicks would get Melo without including AR, Gallo and Chandler in a deal, and also include draft picks somewhere.

we shall see... if DEN is reportedly interested in a Melo for Iggy swap, I'm sure they'd welcome a Melo for Iggy & Chandler swap.

And other than not wanting to help NY, why wouldn't PHI do that trade?

But if getting Melo means giving up Gallo, AR & Chandler then I doubt Melo is be traded to NY

dwadefan03
09-26-2010, 10:18 PM
honestly thats the best deal denvers gotten so far...at least its a proven star to build around, i mean derrick favors is really iffy. Only problem is melo signing an extension

Chill_Will_24
09-26-2010, 10:20 PM
we shall see... if DEN is reportedly interested in a Melo for Iggy swap, I'm sure they'd welcome a Melo for Iggy & Chandler swap.

And other than not wanting to help NY, why wouldn't PHI do that trade?

But if getting Melo means giving up Gallo, AR & Chandler then I doubt Melo is be traded to NY

Philly has already stated that they are not looking to facilitate a trade of Melo to another team. The only way I see them doing so is if Thorn is still in love with Favors since drafting him for NJ. Cuz if he is I think it more likely he will want Favors in return for Iggy if they can't get Melo. Go ask Philly fans if this crazy potential lineup doesn't entice them

PG Holiday
SG Turner
SF Young
PF Favors
C Brand

nycericanguy
09-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Philly has already stated that they are not looking to facilitate a trade of Melo to another team. The only way I see them doing so is if Thorn is still in love with Favors since drafting him for NJ. Cuz if he is I think it more likely he will want Favors in return for Iggy if they can't get Melo. Go ask Philly fans if this crazy potential lineup doesn't entice them

PG Holiday
SG Turner
SF Young
PF Favors
C Brand

Like I said other than not wanting to help NY, PHI would probably do that deal. So I don't know why you say its one of "the worst trades you've ever seen".

Sure they would prefer Favors, but NJ is not going to trade a 19 year old potential star PF/C for a 27 year old SF with a huge contract. Heck they were reluctant to offer him for Melo.

Forbo
09-26-2010, 10:32 PM
3 team deal

PHI gets - AR & Curry
NY gets - Melo, Affalo

Pretty good but I feel bad for Philly after ths trade...

Chill_Will_24
09-26-2010, 10:32 PM
Like I said other than not wanting to help NY, PHI would probably do that deal. So I don't know why you say its one of "the worst trades you've ever seen".

Sure they would prefer Favors, but NJ is not going to trade a 19 year old potential star PF/C for a 27 year old SF with a huge contract. Heck they were reluctant to offer him for Melo.

ok maybe your not following... I'll go slow... Thorn drafted Favors and was in LOVE with him... There have been reports before that he is still very high on him and the thought of him AND Turner is enticing to him... Let that sink in... Next... Denver would love Iggy cuz he's the biggest return that has been offered so far... Next... This one might be the toughest for you to comprehend... Melo has been reported to have approved of the Nets even thou he prefers the Knicks... Now put it all together man...

nycericanguy
09-26-2010, 10:33 PM
ok maybe your not following... I'll go slow... Thorn drafted Favors and was in LOVE with him... There have been reports before that he is still very high on him and the thought of him AND Turner is enticing to him... Let that sink in... Next... Denver would love Iggy cuz he's the biggest return that has been offered so far... Next... This one might be the toughest for you to comprehend... Melo has been reported to have approved of the Nets even thou he prefers the Knicks... Now put it all together man...

I've put it all together and come to the conclusion that you need to take a cue from your user name and chill out... you are one angry poster!:rolleyes:

Chill_Will_24
09-26-2010, 10:43 PM
I've put it all together and come to the conclusion that you need to take a cue from your user name and chill out... you are one angry poster!:rolleyes:

Ok... Just completely ignore my post and instead comment on me supposedly being angry... Lol is that your way of diverting the agument your obviosly not winning... Randolph potential<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Favors potential...

nycericanguy
09-26-2010, 10:45 PM
Ok... Just completely ignore my post and instead comment on me being angry... Lol is that your way of diverting the agument your obviosly not winning... Randolph potential<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Favors potential...

OBVIOUSLY! Who's debating that? Where did I say AR > Favors...?? but NJ isnt trading Favors for anyone not named Melo so I have no idea what you are trying to get at...

Chill_Will_24
09-26-2010, 10:53 PM
OBVIOUSLY! Who's debating that? Where did I say AR > Favors...?? but NJ isnt trading Favors for anyone not named Melo so I have no idea what you are trying to get at...

Wow! Umm idk how I can be any clearer... Nj gets Melo, Philly gets Favors, Denver gets Iggy and picks... It's actually pretty simple...

EaglesJackson10
09-26-2010, 10:53 PM

PG Holiday
SG Turner
SF Young
PF Favors
C Brand

Well as ridiculous as this lineup would be and as unrealistic as it is I have to point it out. Why would the 6'8 elton brand start at center when 6'11 Favors it the PF. Sorry I had to point it out.

nycericanguy
09-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Wow! Umm idk how I can be any clearer... Nj gets Melo, Philly gets Favors, Denver gets Iggy and picks... It's actually pretty simple...

Talk about trades that don't make sense... why in the world would DEN do that when they could just cut out the middle man and get Favors themselves for Melo?

WolvesJagsOs
09-26-2010, 10:59 PM
3 team deal

PHI gets - AR & Curry
NY gets - Melo, Affalo

NY rapes this deal, like others have said.

Chill_Will_24
09-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Well as ridiculous as this lineup would be and as unrealistic as it is I have to point it out. Why would the 6'8 elton brand start at center when 6'11 Favors it the PF. Sorry I had to point it out.

Cuz I don't know who their center is... I just plugged in Brand for no reason

EaglesJackson10
09-26-2010, 11:02 PM
NY rapes this deal

Well it was proposed by a knicks fan.

Fireworld
I like NJ's offer better but I'd rather see Mello in PHI. Actually, I'd rather he stay with the team that drafted him, Denver. I don't like where the NBA is going. Drafted NBA super stars leaving for money and fame. :sigh:

Chill_Will_24
Talk about trades that don't make sense... why in the world would DEN do that when they could just cut out the middle man and get Favors themselves for Melo?

Well this is debatable but I'm pretty sure they would prefer Iggy to Favors...

EaglesJackson10
09-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Cuz I don't know who their center is... I just plugged in Brand for no reason

haha ok. Yeah I think it would probably be favors if they acquired him.

Chill_Will_24
09-26-2010, 11:07 PM
haha ok. Yeah I think it would probably be favors if they acquired him.

Lol yea most likely... I hate all these trade rumors! I want Favors with the Nets! Comparisons to KG? Amare? Dwight? It's crazy potential to give up... Still growing and already identical pre draft measurements to Dwight...

arkanian215
09-27-2010, 11:54 AM
To clarify overnight Y! story, league source says Philly wouldn't make deal for Carmelo Anthony unless he's willing to sign an extension.http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/25691057222

nickdymez
09-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Your list in your sig is incorrect. I would put it a little more like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9lg6HqJeY0

hahahahhahaha

IndiansFan337
09-27-2010, 11:06 PM

No chance that Denver makes that move unless Turner or Jrue Holiday is involved. And I don't see Philly including either of them unless Anthony agrees to an extension beforehand.

EaglesJackson10
09-27-2010, 11:12 PM
No chance that Denver makes that move unless Turner or Jrue Holiday is involved. And I don't see Philly including either of them unless Anthony agrees to an extension beforehand.

Sources say that the Nuggets have strong interest in trying to do a deal with Philadelphia that included swingman Andre Iguodala, but the Sixers’ inability to get a commitment out of Anthony that he would sign a contract extension with them made the point moot.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ag8QALC9JeXGhIdNgiekVX85nYcB?slug=ys-anthonynuggets092710

yea...apparently they love Iguodala but you might be right. But every report other than the Broussard one has had their talks centered around Iggy.

THE GIPPER
09-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Well this is debatable but I'm pretty sure they would prefer Iggy to Favors...

i'd way rather have favors.

EaglesJackson10
09-27-2010, 11:18 PM
i'd way rather have favors.

So would the Sixers

More-Than-Most
09-27-2010, 11:31 PM
I like NJ's offer better but I'd rather see Mello in PHI. Actually, I'd rather he stay with the team that drafted him, Denver. I don't like where the NBA is going. Drafted NBA super stars leaving for money and fame. :sigh:

I agree. I hate the road the Nba is going down. Chris Paul will be the next to leave as well. Players want to chase rings/money and popularity and to me its making the Nba less interesting. I really really really hope Melo stays in Denver... Trading Turner for Melo Is a nono

Mplsman
09-28-2010, 01:02 AM
NBA where stars always get what they want in the end.

bholly
09-28-2010, 01:21 AM
A lot have players have moved in free agency or demanded trades or whatever in the last decade, and I'm sure if I could be bothered looking I'd find the same thing in the decade before that. Sure there've been notable cases this summer, but it's way premature to say it's a new road we're going down.

THE MTL
09-28-2010, 01:29 AM
Melo WONT sign in Philly. He is in a FAR WORSE situation in Philly than in Denver. Seriously, he'll be with Elton Brand as option #2.

abe_froman
09-28-2010, 01:54 AM
A lot have players have moved in free agency or demanded trades or whatever in the last decade, and I'm sure if I could be bothered looking I'd find the same thing in the decade before that. Sure there've been notable cases this summer, but it's way premature to say it's a new road we're going down.

not just the last decade but always.barkley demanded out,wilt did to,everyone knew that kareem was gone from mil as soon as his rookie contract was up,and i could go on and on

aaronmckie
09-28-2010, 02:13 AM
Melo WONT sign in Philly. He is in a FAR WORSE situation in Philly than in Denver. Seriously, he'll be with Elton Brand as option #2.

Evan Turner and Jrue Holiday say hi

bholly
09-28-2010, 03:15 AM
not just the last decade but always.barkley demanded out,wilt did to,everyone knew that kareem was gone from mil as soon as his rookie contract was up,and i could go on and on

I was also thinking of Shaq bailing on Orlando, and then this decade there was Kobe doing this exact same thing from LA, Vince Carter from Toronto, Iverson leaving Philly, Joe Johnson leaving Phoenix, Nash leaving Dallas, McGrady wanting to leave Orlando, etc. This is nothing new.

abe_froman
09-28-2010, 03:29 AM
I was also thinking of Shaq bailing on Orlando, and then this decade there was Kobe doing this exact same thing from LA, Vince Carter from Toronto, Iverson leaving Philly, Joe Johnson leaving Phoenix, Nash leaving Dallas, McGrady wanting to leave Orlando, etc. This is nothing new.

its not,just everytime it happens people react like it is.time,memories are funny that way