PDA

View Full Version : Report: Melo Moving Away From Nets As Knicks Work To Make A Deal

Pages : [1] 2

Knicks21
09-26-2010, 05:13 AM
Carmelo Anthony is continuing to push Denver to find a trade that will send him to the Knicks and has moved away from a willingness to commit to the Nets. On Saturday, the Knicks were exploring ways to put together a package that might land Anthony.

Over the weekend, Anthony began having doubts about agreeing to a contract extension with the Nets. Yahoo! Sports reports that the four-team blockbuster that would send Anthony to New Jersey, which seemed to be gaining critical momentum on Friday night, is now at "a perilous crossroads."

Anthony’s desire to make a long-term commitment to the Nets started eroding when former Nets' players related their experiences with an empty arena, the apathy of fans and the team playing in the shadow of the Knicks and Madison Square Garden. Anthony was already hesitant to join a team in New Jersey that would not be close to contention even with him on board.

"He’s having second thoughts on Jersey," a league source told Yahoo! Sports. "He’s pushed [Denver] to explore other options."

While the Nuggets still believe the deal with New Jersey gives them their best return, Denver engaged the Knicks on Saturday in discussions centered around Danilo Gallinari, Anthony Randolph and Toney Douglas, according to sources.

Sources indicated that the Knicks are working to pry draft picks to send the Nuggets in a deal for Anthony, and have contacted the Rockets for this purpose. Before last season's trade deadline, the Knicks sent their 2012 pick to Houston, and agreed to swap picks with the Rockets in 2011, in a move to dump the contract of Jared Jeffries.

BULLSFAN0810
09-26-2010, 05:22 AM
Bad move.....Denvers best option is to take Deng from Chicago a proven young player and James Johnson Taj Gibsonson and a few picks.

kingbrentg
09-26-2010, 05:23 AM
Post the link, please.

HouRealCoach
09-26-2010, 05:26 AM
They need to keep Gallanari... Why dont Melo just sign with the Knicks next season?

and Deng is too overrated for Melo and Gibson is no more than a role player, JJ is just... smh

Knicks21
09-26-2010, 05:28 AM
Post the link, please.

go to real gm.com
cant post the link it will censor it

G-Menfan4lyfe
09-26-2010, 05:34 AM
Bad move.....Denvers best option is to take Deng from Chicago a proven young player and James Johnson Taj Gibsonson and a few picks.

Of course you would think that as a Bulls fan. Truth is, unless Noah is included, Denver isnt trading with Chicago. Not to mention Deng's terrible contract will handcuff the Nuggets in the future.

I think Denver really wants Favors from NJ but would settle for Gallo, Randolph and/or Chandler from the Knicks.

DenButsu
09-26-2010, 05:58 AM
Bad move.....Denvers best option is to take Deng from Chicago

No, it really isn't.

Champology
09-26-2010, 06:06 AM
Does Melo actually want to win at basketball or just live near NY? Nets are horrible and Knicks come on? I guess basketball has nothing to do with his choice.

caddiemaster
09-26-2010, 06:15 AM
Trade him to the warriors,Monta is your best option!

Knicks21
09-26-2010, 06:19 AM
Trade him to the warriors,Monta is your best option!

Warriors wont accept that deal, unless melo agrees to sign extension. Melo has the power in this situation.

DenButsu
09-26-2010, 06:25 AM
Does Melo actually want to win at basketball or just live near NY? Nets are horrible and Knicks come on? I guess basketball has nothing to do with his choice.

I don't believe that winning is priority #1 for Melo (or maybe even #2 or #3).

Antipod
09-26-2010, 06:45 AM
Another twist...so sick of this

SouljahPhil...
09-26-2010, 06:45 AM
Mind boggling...SInce as far as i could remember randolph could not be traded in a package until a certain amount of time..hope this saga ends and melo and denver are fairly happy about their situation...

Chicagofaithful
09-26-2010, 06:47 AM
i hope the bulls dont trade noah and i dont want melo because of that... but ppl have to realize in Gallinari's best years in this league... will be exceed 18 points a game with 7 rebounds 1 block and 1 steal? Most likely he will not exceed in any of those categories. In fact the only stat he'll beat deng in is 3's and ft%. Now even though i think Deng is better then Gal, to be fair we'll say its a wash because gallo is younger less experienced and is cheaper. Then you add gibson? who is ready to average a double double in only his second year? Both are excellent defenders, plus you throw in charlotte's 1st and a possible chicago 1st? I'm sorry but.... really the only thing the knicks have on the bulls is that expiring deal... which the nuggets need to consider. Do they want to be frugal? Or do they want to stay competitive? I would hope for the fan's sake they would want to stay competitive and collect picks while doing it, but that might not be the case unfortunately

LeBroom
09-26-2010, 06:49 AM
If it means trading Gallinari, then NO. If it's just Chandler, Walker, Fields, 1st rounder (dunno how we get one), CASH, Eddy Curry's expiring, then that'd be sweet for the Knicks.

But Gallo and Randolph is too steep of a price to pay.

They can have Douglas though, if they want :) I just don't get the idea of having Billups, Lawson, and Douglas on the same team. Unless they plan on doing Chauncey a favor and trading him right after they trade Melo.

james21
09-26-2010, 06:56 AM
Omg!!! here we go plz let's not start the who's better deng or gallo!! let's just say that both players are good right now, they will both have the same impact on a team! But i will say this to ny, I know you guys think dengs contract is terrible, but, if you think gallo is a lil better, than imagine what he's going to get paid? while dengs, contract gets better and more tradable each year! we all know gm's loves expirings, alot ,of teams would love an expiring contract, that can get you 20 ppg in a couple years

james21
09-26-2010, 06:56 AM
Omg!!! here we go plz let's not start the who's better deng or gallo!! let's just say that both players are good right now, they will both have the same impact on a team! But i will say this to ny, I know you guys think dengs contract is terrible, but, if you think gallo is a lil better, than imagine what he's going to get paid? while dengs, contract gets better and more tradable each year! we all know gm's loves expirings, alot ,of teams would love an expiring contract, that can get you 20 ppg in a couple years

Chicagofaithful
09-26-2010, 07:07 AM
DOUBLE RAINBOW!!! (double post)

ball4reel
09-26-2010, 07:42 AM
Just stay in Denver and do everyone a favor!!!

bholly
09-26-2010, 07:44 AM
Mind boggling...SInce as far as i could remember randolph could not be traded in a package until a certain amount of time..hope this saga ends and melo and denver are fairly happy about their situation...

I'm pretty sure that doesn't apply if they're under the cap when they acquired the player in question. Even if that weren't true, the restriction only lasts two months, and Randolph was acquired more than two months ago.

Long story short: Randolph can be traded, as part of a package or as an individual, right now.

The only Knick players who can't be included are those who signed as free agents this offseason: Amare, Felton, Ewing Jr, Mozgov, Mason and S Williams.

_Supreme_
09-26-2010, 07:53 AM
go to real gm.com
cant post the link it will censor it

It is censored because it is a garbage site and not a credible source of information.

Knicks21
09-26-2010, 08:06 AM
It is censored because it is a garbage site and not a credible source of information.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ap4jNtSoxcFlxNzb76kFeQA5nYcB?slug=ys-anthonytrade092610

Is yahoo credible enough? ive been using real gm all my life and found it accurate, thats just me though.

oak2455
09-26-2010, 08:18 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Ap4jNtSoxcFlxNzb76kFeQA5nYcB?slug=ys-anthonytrade092610

Is yahoo credible enough? ive been using real gm all my life and found it accurate, thats just me though.

Good job seen the same thing couldn't copy n paste from IPhone.......:clap:

Whomewhome
09-26-2010, 08:19 AM

it's crap I agree with MR. Supreme on this one. I still think the Nets get Melo but I am disturbed by all this BS. One of the main reasons there is no deal is because league offices are closed, so a lot of speculation will happen between now and then, and the Nuggets are still obviously looking to find a better deal. How that will happen is beyond me.

jmlbnks26
09-26-2010, 08:40 AM
If it means trading Gallinari, then NO. If it's just Chandler, Walker, Fields, 1st rounder (dunno how we get one), CASH, Eddy Curry's expiring, then that'd be sweet for the Knicks.

They can have Douglas though, if they want :) I just don't get the idea of having Billups, Lawson, and Douglas on the same team. Unless they plan on doing Chauncey a favor and trading him right after they trade Melo.

I agree Gallo and Randolph together is too steep and I do not see why anyone else sees that. Don't mind Melo but not at that price plus our backup PG sheesh. Yeah Melo will get you 30 but the playing he is guarding will get 30 also. Case in point when Melo and Gallo was battling, Gallo held is own and he is only entering is third year. Shouldn't gut the roster for Melo. By the way lets stop overrating Luol Deng.

NewjackNY
09-26-2010, 08:51 AM
give up the entire franchise... just get me melo, amare felton and some role players and we GOOD!

Exactly!!!

NBA-GMaster
09-26-2010, 09:01 AM
BOOO!! Melo-Drama still continues.. The 4 way trade seems fine with me..

airronijordan
09-26-2010, 09:05 AM
The knicks should try to trade gallo, chandler, azubuike, and douglas (try to keep randolph)

SouljahPhil...
09-26-2010, 09:19 AM
I'm pretty sure that doesn't apply if they're under the cap when they acquired the player in question. Even if that weren't true, the restriction only lasts two months, and Randolph was acquired more than two months ago.

Long story short: Randolph can be traded, as part of a package or as an individual, right now.

The only Knick players who can't be included are those who signed as free agents this offseason: Amare, Felton, Ewing Jr, Mozgov, Mason and S Williams.

thanks for clearing that up...

Nugget Tony
09-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Melo is a douche bag...good ridance....just hurry up please.... The New Look NBA blows more and more each passing year....give me back the NBA please.....

SouthSideRookie
09-26-2010, 10:33 AM
I don't believe that winning is priority #1 for Melo (or maybe even #2 or #3).

I agree, is clear as day that his main priorities are not baskeball related. If this were to happen it was just be viewed like the Nuggets fell for his demands and didn't get the best possible deal because of it.

The Rockets being involved makes sense, I would not mind seeing AR for a draft pick.

BigBlueCrew
09-26-2010, 10:36 AM

When did playing for your home town team become a cardinal sin? The guy has stated this from the beginning. He hasn't made it a secret. The only ones who have gone against are the major media outlets e.g ESPN & Yahoo. So whats the major issue here?

KnicksR4Real
09-26-2010, 10:37 AM

i could not agree more, if inculde some more teams then that could sweeten the deal, but no way we are giving away AR and Gallo, especially Gallo

D7knowssports
09-26-2010, 10:38 AM
I've watched Galinari and I don't understand the big deal about why you wouldn't put him in a package to get a top 5-7 player in the NBA. Galinari will never be a top 5-7 anything. You still have Chandler to back Melo up. If Denver wanted Galinari and Randolph to get Melo you pull the trigger. They're both unproven players. You still have Turiaf, Azibukke, Felton and a few other role players that would get and keep NY in the 50 win range. If there was anybody that I would be pushing to keep it wuould be Anthony Randolph. He's a better athlete, rebounder and he can pay the 3 or 4 in the league.

Knick fans...do you want to win or not?

nycericanguy
09-26-2010, 10:44 AM
I've watched Galinari and I don't understand the big deal about why you wouldn't put him in a package to get a top 5-7 player in the NBA. Galinari will never be a top 5-7 anything. You still have Chandler to back Melo up. If Denver wanted Galinari and Randolph to get Melo you pull the trigger. They're both unproven players. You still have Turiaf, Azibukke, Felton and a few other role players that would get and keep NY in the 50 win range. If there was anybody that I would be pushing to keep it wuould be Anthony Randolph. He's a better athlete, rebounder and he can pay the 3 or 4 in the league.

Knick fans...do you want to win or not?

I think most knick fans would give up Gallo in a trade for Melo or AR. But giving up both would be tough, they are both only 21. Although if it came down to it I would do Gallo & AR for Melo.

D7knowssports
09-26-2010, 10:52 AM
I think most knick fans would give up Gallo in a trade for Melo or AR. But giving up both would be tough, they are both only 21. Although if it came down to it I would do Gallo & AR for Melo.

It's gonna have to be a big 3 or 4 team trade again becuase Denver wants Draft picks so they may get something back for an expiring contract like Curry's or something. But if you have a chance to get Melo, you have to take it. Him and Amare is easily 50 pts and 15 rebounds a night and some new found excitement in the Garden.

SouthSideRookie
09-26-2010, 10:52 AM
i hope the bulls dont trade noah and i dont want melo because of that... but ppl have to realize in Gallinari's best years in this league... will be exceed 18 points a game with 7 rebounds 1 block and 1 steal? Most likely he will not exceed in any of those categories. In fact the only stat he'll beat deng in is 3's and ft%. Now even though i think Deng is better then Gal, to be fair we'll say its a wash because gallo is younger less experienced and is cheaper. Then you add gibson? who is ready to average a double double in only his second year? Both are excellent defenders, plus you throw in charlotte's 1st and a possible chicago 1st? I'm sorry but.... really the only thing the knicks have on the bulls is that expiring deal... which the nuggets need to consider. Do they want to be frugal? Or do they want to stay competitive? I would hope for the fan's sake they would want to stay competitive and collect picks while doing it, but that might not be the case unfortunately

Not that I really disagree with you but in Denvers view point it just doesn't make sense for them to take on Deng's contract, they want cap relief and flexibility, the Bulls don't provide that.

I agree Gallo and Randolph together is too steep and I do not see why anyone else sees that. Don't mind Melo but not at that price plus our backup PG sheesh. Yeah Melo will get you 30 but the playing he is guarding will get 30 also. Case in point when Melo and Gallo was battling, Gallo held is own and he is only entering is third year. Shouldn't gut the roster for Melo. By the way lets stop overrating Luol Deng.

Yes is a steep price but that's what it takes to be taken serious by Denver in this bidding process.

When did playing for your home town team become a cardinal sin? The guy has stated this from the beginning. He hasn't made it a secret. The only ones who have gone against are the major media outlets e.g ESPN & Yahoo. So whats the major issue here?

There is nothing wrong for Carmelo to want to play in NY, however he is not a free agent, he wants his max contract extension and Denver has every right to seek out the best possible deal. Both parties must compromise here, not just the Nuggets.

Denver is running an organization here, they owe it to their fans, city and players to put the best possible product on the court. Put yourself in their shoes, would you want a player to screw your team like that?

nycericanguy
09-26-2010, 10:54 AM
Not that I really disagree with you but in Denvers view point it just doesn't make sense for them to take on Deng's contract, they want cap relief and flexibility, the Bulls don't provide that.

Yes is a steep price but that's what it takes to be taken serious by Denver in this bidding process.

There is nothing wrong for Carmelo to want to play in NY, however he is not a free agent, he wants his max contract extension and Denver has every right to seek out the best possible deal. Both parties must compromise here, not just the Nuggets.

Denver is running an organization here, they owe it to their fans, city and players to put the best possible product on the court. Put yourself in their shoes, would you want a player to screw your team like that?

Yes they do, and Melo has every right to not be forced into signing an ext with any team. Melo doesnt have to compromise, he can just wait and leave at the end of the year. He's played in DEN 7 years, every player has a right to go where they want via FAgency. Would it be better if he didnt let DEN know his intentions and just left next year and DEN gets nothing? DEN is doing the smart thing here and trying to trade him, unlike TOR with Bosh.

mojoaf4
09-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Just like for 3 years we had to hear that Lebron was gonna be a Knick now the NY media is making up 100 rumors for Knicks to get Carmelo. Bottom line is they have nothing to trade. Galo and the stiffs they have arent gonna get it done. I live in NY and the NY media is the worst when it comes to this stuff. The onoly shot the Knicks haver is that Melo becomes a free agent they cant get him in a trade Denver isnt that stupid.

Badluck33
No, it really isn't.

Why are you convinced that Deng is a bad player? He averaged 17/7 last year. He wont get you the game winning shot or slam dunk it every other time but he is VERY serviceable. Defense would be an upgrade over Melo.

xbrackattackx
give up the entire franchise... just get me melo, amare felton and some role players and we GOOD!

Exactly!!!

You guys already have a awesome young team full of role players, You really would trade all of them just for Melo so you can be mediocre?

Giaps
09-26-2010, 10:57 AM
I wish we could sign this guy next year. Don't want to trade Gallinari, Randolph, Douglas................

NYKSpiritBomb
09-26-2010, 10:57 AM
knicks are better if they don't trade

HOZ THE KNICK
09-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Amare and melo will be sick together.............parker or paul can complete the trio moving forward.....make it happen donnie

HOZ THE KNICK
09-26-2010, 11:01 AM
why are you convinced that deng is a bad player? He averaged 17/7 last year. He wont get you the game winning shot or slam dunk it every other time but he is very serviceable. Defense would be an upgrade over melo.

deng is a decent player but his contract saids he is a star that's the diffrence...gallo randolph and douglas dosen't make half his salary combined.

ShaqShoes
09-26-2010, 11:02 AM
The Nets trade was better for Denver

SouthSideRookie
09-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Yes they do, and Melo has every right to not be forced into signing an ext with any team. Melo doesnt have to compromise, he can just wait and leave at the end of the year. He's played in DEN 7 years, every player has a right to go where they want via FAgency. Would it be better if he didnt let DEN know his intentions and just left next year and DEN gets nothing? DEN is doing the smart thing here and trying to trade him, unlike TOR with Bosh.

I agree that Melo has the right to want to sign with whoever his preffered destinations or teams are. However I thinks it's pretty obvious that his camp is pushing for a trade right now so that they can get the max extension before the pending CBA.

Yes if Melo ultimately just wants the Knicks and no one else, he is just going to have to leave the money on the table and become a free agent. I doubt that's the case, these deals do not work like that.

THE MTL
09-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Im not trading them Anthony Randolph and Danilo Gallinari. Denver gets one or the other. If not, let him walk in free agency.

Honestly, the NJ deal had the best return and eventually I could see the Nets rethinking that deal: two first rounders, derrick favors, and devin harris essentially for Carmelo Anthony. Thats steep and leaves team with very little options.

netsgiantsyanks
09-26-2010, 11:06 AM

You guys already have a awesome young team full of role players, You really would trade all of them just for Melo so you can be mediocre?

thats how some knicks fans are. i would know, i go through it everyday

ShaqShoes
09-26-2010, 11:07 AM
NY also gives up way too much in this. Losing out on complimentary players will really affect them considering they can't get new players in the draft

MELONETSMVP
09-26-2010, 11:08 AM
The Nets trade was better for Denver

Knicks will be horrible if they trade Gallo, Dougas and Randolph

Felton - ?
Chandler ?
Melo ?
Amare ?
Russian - frenchman?

nycericanguy
09-26-2010, 11:12 AM
I agree that Melo has the right to want to sign with whoever his preffered destinations or teams are. However I thinks it's pretty obvious that his camp is pushing for a trade right now so that they can get the max extension before the pending CBA.

Yes if Melo ultimately just wants the Knicks and no one else, he is just going to have to leave the money on the table and become a free agent. I doubt that's the case, these deals do not work like that.

I won't get into the whole CBA thing but its overblown. Players union is not going to allow max guys to take any big paycut. Melo will get paid and get paid very well no matter where or when he signs.

I would imagine DEN is pushing just as hard for a trade after seeing what happened last summer. And last summer did show that stars in their primes are willing to take slightly less to be exactly where they want to be.

At the end of the day Melo has the right to play where he wants, its not like he's pulling a Stever Francis or a Ricky Rubio here. He's been in the league 7 or 8 years and has earned the right to be a FA. Why should he compromise and go somewhere where he's not entirely happy? He might as well just wait a year.

MELONETSMVP
09-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Wait so the deal is done with the Nets?

ShaqShoes
09-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Knicks will be horrible if they trade Gallo, Dougas and Randolph

Felton - ?
Chandler ?
Melo ?
Amare ?
Russian - frenchman?
I hope Melo realizes this. The Nets are the best situation for Melo, out of the two. And if I am Denver I would be more than happy with AK47s expiring, plus he can help them out immediately. Getting Favours will help them replace Kmart too, if they want to trade him by years end. IMO the Nets trade would have made the rebuilding process quicker for Denver. They are getting lots of talent from the Knicks though.

ImThatDude
09-26-2010, 11:17 AM
:puke: Gallo, Randolph and picks? please, that kind of trade is reserved for great players, not good ones.

Knicks21
09-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Wait so the deal is done with the Nets?

It would be, but the nets don't want to trade because melo is hesitant about playing for the nets. As in signing a long term deal.

ShaqShoes
09-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Chicago seriously needs to step in here. Offer Noah!

MELONETSMVP
09-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Well I am a Nets fan and I wanted to do the Harris and Favors. If I was a Knick fan I would do Douglas, Gallo, Randolph. This is Melo you are talking about paired with Amare!! Gallo is good but I bet you he never reaches the level of Melo. You already have a pg who cares about Douglas. I know you all love Randolph but who cares he hardly played on the Warriors. You could end up with CP3 too, Celtics in 07 had no problem dealing most of their guys for Allen and Kg.

Knicks21
09-26-2010, 11:22 AM
I hope Melo realizes this. The Nets are the best situation for Melo, out of the two. And if I am Denver I would be more than happy with AK47s expiring, plus he can help them out immediately. Getting Favours will help them replace Kmart too, if they want to trade him by years end. IMO the Nets trade would have made the rebuilding process quicker for Denver. They are getting lots of talent from the Knicks though.

The smartest thing melo can do at the moment. Is say he wont sign with any team, thereofor scare other teams away and head into free agency. Going to a team eg, Nets, Knicks or the Rockets without them loosing core/star players.

ShaqShoes
09-26-2010, 11:28 AM
The smartest thing melo can do at the moment. Is say he wont sign with any team, thereofor scare other teams away and head into free agency. Going to a team eg, Nets, Knicks or the Rockets without them loosing core/star players.
Yeah obviously that's why I said the best situation out of the two (being the Nets and Knicks). He should wait till the end of the year. All these teams have enough cap space to sign him then, but I guess he's worried about the CBA thing which I don't know too much about.

SouthSideRookie
09-26-2010, 11:34 AM

The Rockets wouldn't lose but one starter in the deal, I've been saying that Houston would be a good fit just because they have so many assets for a trade like this.

For example, the Bulls would lose two starters. As far as the Nets go, Carmelo supposedly feels like if there wouldn't be enough talent there after the trade.

The Knicks would have to give up Gallo, AR and another piece, to be honest I think Melo would be left in the same situation like the Nets.

If the Bulls give up Noah they win, although it would hurt their team really bad and especially their defense since Deng would have to be included to match salaries, but he would still have Rose, Boozer and some other solid pieces.

Ultimately IMO the Rockets and Bulls offer Carmelo the best possible destinations if he really wants to be on a team that would be an instant contender with him.

arkanian215
09-26-2010, 11:36 AM
The Rockets wouldn't lose but one starter in the deal, I've been saying that Houston would be a good fit just because they have so many assets for a trade like this.

For example, the Bulls would lose two starters. As far as the Nets go, Carmelo supposedly feels like if there wouldn't be enough talent there after the trade.

The Knicks would have to give up Gallo, AR and another piece, to be honest I think Melo would be left in the same situation like the Nets.

If the Bulls give up Noah they win, although it would hurt their team really bad and especially their defense since Deng would have to be included to match salaries, but he would still have Rose, Boozer and some other solid pieces.

Ultimately IMO the Rockets and Bulls offer Carmelo the best possible destinations if he really wants to be on a team that would be an instant contender with him.
I can imagine both Thibs and AJ having problems with Melo if he doesn't put in consistent effort on defense.

jmoney85
09-26-2010, 11:36 AM
:puke: Gallo, Randolph and picks? please, that kind of trade is reserved for great players, not good ones.

i hope ur kidding

gallo is a bust and you got randolph in a sign and trade lol

ShaqShoes
09-26-2010, 11:38 AM
i hope ur kidding

gallo is a bust and you got randolph in a sign and trade lol

How is Gallo a bust? And please don't say he's just a 3 point shooter..

nycericanguy
09-26-2010, 11:38 AM
Noah has to be the most overrated player in the NBA now.

I'm not so sure DEN would even want Noah after hearing he is asking for a 70m deal. The guy had ONE solid season last year. Before that he was a career 7 & 7 guy. Nice role player yes, but does DEN really want to tie themselves up in that sort of huge deal? Noah is not a guy with a huge upside. He's 26 years old, he is what he is. Its not like AR who just turned 21 and is cheap for another few years with unlimited potential. And if you look at their "PER 36" AR blows Noah away... just saying...

King P
09-26-2010, 11:39 AM
In situations like these where trading is involved, the buyer is the one with leverage.

For example:

Let's say you own an item that is of no use to you, and you have a deadline to sell it. If you don't sell it by the deadline, the item is no longer yours and anybody can take it. So you say "I want at least $75 for it, no less". But lets say nobody wants to pay that much, so you don't give it up. That's all well and good in the beginning, but what happens when the dealine passes? It no longer yours, anybody can come and take it and you get nothing for it. Which means that as time goes by and the dealine nears, your going to drop the price so that somebody will buy it from you. Why? cuz something is better than nothing.

Same thing applies with the Nuggets. They are the selelr, and if they don't trade him by the deadline, he walks in the offseason and Denver gets nothing. Which means that as time passes, they will be forced to lower their demands and take whatever somebody else will give them. Cuz something is better than nothing.

That's why the Nuggets have no leverage.

daleja424
09-26-2010, 11:45 AM
I kinda expected to see him in a Nets jersey to be honest. Poor Nets franchise...

LakersA's49ers
09-26-2010, 11:46 AM
what a ***** he should go to NJ! 1. they have a better future 2. they have more money

slyone_nyc
09-26-2010, 11:49 AM
I agree, is clear as day that his main priorities are not baskeball related. If this were to happen it was just be viewed like the Nuggets fell for his demands and didn't get the best possible deal because of it.

The Rockets being involved makes sense, I would not mind seeing AR for a draft pick.

lol, really, u guys have crystal balls that shows your team or the nuggets, having a better season than the knicks? or for that matter, the knicks with mello?

denvers run is obviously over and houston is just another team, nothing special, definitly not in a position to diss someone elses team

netsgiantsyanks
09-26-2010, 11:52 AM

:facepalm:

SouthSideRookie
09-26-2010, 11:55 AM
lol, really, u guys have crystal balls that shows your team or the nuggets, having a better season than the knicks? or for that matter, the knicks with mello?

denvers run is obviously over and houston is just another team, nothing special, definitly not in a position to diss someone elses team

I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this, I'll let another knowledgable baskeball fan take care of it.

Mishmin
09-26-2010, 11:57 AM
1- Man if that Nets trade doesn't go through, that's gonna be one ****in awkward training camp.

2- If somehow the knicks do pull off the trade, even if they give up their whole team, there's nothin in the way of signing a chris paul in the off season next year. Scary.

kmo429
09-26-2010, 12:00 PM

I think many think the kicks could be a playoff team this year, add melo to that mix and then theyll still have some cap space left, hel be winning in NY, GOING TO NJ WOULD BE DUMB THOUGH (accidental caps)

lvlheaded
09-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Honestly I dont see how forcing his way out now helps him. Either way the team hed force his way to would have to give up good young players. However I don believe that the Knicks team with Melo would be better than the Nets team with Melo...

Felton-Chandler-Melo-Amar'e-Mozgov

Farmar-Outlaw-Melo-Murphy-Lopez

Id like the Knicks to get him but I dont wanna give up both AR4 and Gallo

ShaqShoes
09-26-2010, 12:20 PM
From ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5618346

A stagnant 24 hours in the Carmelo Anthony trade talks has left four teams and several players in limbo when little progress was made on the proposed megadeal that would send Anthony to New Jersey.

The Denver Nuggets, as ESPN.com reported Friday, entered the weekend on the brink of ending their seven-year association with Anthony by dealing their franchise player to the New Jersey Nets as part of a megatrade that also involves Charlotte and Utah.

Numerous reports surfaced Saturday, however, that the Nuggets have grown hesitant about going through with the trade, which in its current incarnation would bring Nets rookie Derrick Favors, Jazz veteran Andrei Kirilenko and two future first-round picks in return for Anthony, with the Nets also sending point guard Devin Harris to Charlotte and Utah acquiring veteran forward Boris Diaw from the Bobcats.

One source close to the talks told ESPN.com on Friday night that the Nets expected to know by Saturday whether the deal -- which also requires Anthony to sign a three-year contract extension worth $65 million before New Jersey will sign off -- would go through.

Now they hope to learn Sunday if the deal has any life yet, with sources saying Denver has been exploring deals with other teams, to the frustration of the three other teams -- New Jersey, Charlotte and Utah -- that had agreed on the basic framework of the original four-team deal.

Fanhouse.com reported Saturday afternoon that the Nuggets "are compromising the trade with their slow-moving ways." The Newark Star-Ledger quoted a source close to the negotiations in Sunday's editions as saying that the trade talks have "definitely" taken a step back.

"Everyone is waiting on Denver, not Melo [committing to an extension]," one source close to the trade talks told ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan.

The trade as currently constructed would satisfy virtually all of the requirements that the Nuggets have expressed to interested teams over the past week to 10 days, when they began fielding offers for their disgruntled superstar after turning potential suitors away throughout the first half of September.

At a minimum to part with its All-Star scoring machine, Denver wants a top young player it can market, salary-cap relief and at least two future first-round picks. The Nuggets would get the top young player in Favors, who was the No. 3 overall pick in this year's draft, and the cap relief in Kirilenko's expiring contract.

But as ESPN.com reported Friday night, quoting a source close to the All-Star forward, Anthony was still holding out hope that the New York Knicks or Chicago Bulls -- his two preferred destinations -- would make an 11th-hour bid to trump the Nets' offer once they realized how close the four-way trade was to completion.

The Nuggets could also elect to back away and keep Anthony for the short term in hopes that offers get better with time. They'd do so even after new vice president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri and team president Josh Kroenke, according to CBSSports.com, flew to the East Coast earlier this week for face-to-face trade negotiations with the Nets, helping escalate the talks to the brink of a done deal.

Pulling out of the deal at this advanced stage could also mean that the Nuggets, even after going this far in trade talks, have not abandoned their hope that it is still possible to convince Anthony to reconsider his desire to be traded elsewhere.

ESPN.com reported earlier this week that there was strong sentiment within the organization, starting with Nuggets coach George Karl, to mount one last campaign to try to win back Anthony's support once he arrived in training camp, where he would be greeted by pro-Denver voices such as Karl and Nuggets teammate Chauncey Billups for the first time in weeks after a lengthy isolation from the organization.

Before the trade talks reached a stage where the framework for a four-team deal had been established, sources said one of Denver's plans was urging Anthony one last time to sign the extension that has been on the table since June, with the promise that they would trade him closer to the February trading deadline if he continued to be unhappy.

But Anthony's desire to leave Denver, sources say, runs deep.

All indications Friday night were that Anthony was warming to the idea of joining the Nets, whose planned move to Brooklyn in two years under Russian billionaire owner Mikhail Prokhorov is a strong lure, in addition the presence of center Brook Lopez, one of the league's top young big men.

Yet it's no secret that New York is where Anthony most wants to be, with Knicks forward Amare Stoudemire having spoken publicly more than once about how much he and Anthony would like to play together with the Knicks. But New York's lack of future draft picks to offer and Chicago's blanket refusal to make Joakim Noah available to the Nuggets in trade talks appear to have established the Nets as Anthony's best option if he's determined to move immediately.

Yet that can only happen with the Nuggets' cooperation, which could still come before Monday but also might not.

Anthony has the ability to become a free agent at season's end, which is the hammer that has enabled his representatives, Leon Rose and William Wesley of CAA, to apply such pressure to the Nuggets in hopes of forcing a trade before camps open Monday. The tension has been building since June, when the Nuggets believed that Anthony was on the verge of signing a three-year, $65 million contract extension, only for Anthony to pass.

airronijordan
09-26-2010, 12:22 PM
if we end up giving Randolph to Houston for a 1st round pick in this reported 3 team deal, then once again Daryl Morey has screwed over Walsh........BUT Melo coming to the Knicks is a good thing, bc it will most likely also bring cp3 here

so a starting lineup consisting of CP3, Melo, and Amare is much better than anything that the Rockets, Nets or Bulls will have in the future

and SouthSideRookie your not a knowledgeable NBA fan, bc last time I checked, you thought Denver had more leverage than Melo hahaha

ShaqShoes
09-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Seems like the Nets still have a shot.

smith&wesson
09-26-2010, 12:32 PM
I would just trade noah for mello.

noah wants way to much money any ways.

just a get a rebounder and shot blocker to play beside boozer.

Robbw241
09-26-2010, 12:36 PM
It would be, but the nets don't want to trade because melo is hesitant about playing for the nets. As in signing a long term deal.

Actually we are waiting on the Nuggets who still think they can get a better offer.

sep11ie
09-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Lol at the Knicks contacting Houston for picks.

nycericanguy
09-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Actually we are waiting on the Nuggets who still think they can get a better offer.

come on, no one REALLY knows whats the hold up is. There are reports its DEN, there are reports Melo doesnt want to sign in NJ as well and is having second thoughts. Its all speculation...

nycericanguy
09-26-2010, 12:42 PM

yea I'm a Knick fan but even I can see the irony in that...lol

SouthSideRookie
09-26-2010, 12:42 PM
if we end up giving Randolph to Houston for a 1st round pick in this reported 3 team deal, then once again Daryl Morey has screwed over Walsh........BUT Melo coming to the Knicks is a good thing, bc it will most likely also bring cp3 here

so a starting lineup consisting of CP3, Melo, and Amare is much better than anything that the Rockets, Nets or Bulls will have in the future

and SouthSideRookie your not a knowledgeable NBA fan, bc last time I checked, you thought Denver had more leverage than Melo hahaha

Yeah im sure im going to look bad if melo is in NY, Boy im going to have to eat crow after Melo and Amare knock out the Heat year after year from the playoffs. Btw I never said the Nuggets had more leverage, i said that Melo didn't have all the leverage like you have been suggesting.

Its ironic that you bash the Rockets in this post but at the same time you admit that Walsh would get fleeced once again by Morey.

ShaqShoes
09-26-2010, 12:45 PM
come on, no one REALLY knows whats the hold up is. There are reports its DEN, there are reports Melo doesnt want to sign in NJ as well and is having second thoughts. Its all speculation...

It's Melo and Denver. Melo wants to go to the Knicks more than the Nets, and by putting the Nets trade on hold, it cause the Knicks to maybe add more to their deal in a desperation move, which in turn benefits Denver.
Denver and Melo both are at the advantage by putting that other trade on hold. Unless the other teams back out then they are all ****ed.

Mishmin
09-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Honestly I dont see how forcing his way out now helps him. Either way the team hed force his way to would have to give up good young players. However I don believe that the Knicks team with Melo would be better than the Nets team with Melo...

Felton-Chandler-Melo-Amar'e-Mozgov

Farmar-Outlaw-Melo-Murphy-Lopez

Id like the Knicks to get him but I dont wanna give up both AR4 and Gallo

For the record, that knicks 5 is much better at every position on the nets 5 minus the center. Better knicks squad. Plus you got CP3 coming next year possibly.

jeter 2
09-26-2010, 12:56 PM
http://www.rotowire.com/Carmelo-Anthony-googid130125-spnba.htm

Apparently the Bobcats are holding up the deal because they don't want include D.J Augustine.

NYYCowboys
09-26-2010, 12:58 PM

Kinda reminds me of a junkie begging his drug dealer for more money after he gave all his money away to the dealer earlier.

JB0B0
09-26-2010, 12:58 PM
I don't see why a combo of Deng, Gibson, Johnson, and 3 first rounders can't get the deal done for the Bulls...

goose14741
09-26-2010, 01:00 PM
check it out for yourself
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-26-2010, 01:01 PM
http://www.rotowire.com/Carmelo-Anthony-googid130125-spnba.htm

Apparently the Bobcats are holding up the deal because they don't want include D.J Augustine.

That's kind of weird because they would have a good starting pg and livingston who they like a lot so far. Larry Brown doesn't even like Augustine and it doesn't look like there's room for him in the rotation.

Once again, nothing is making any sense.

justinnum1
09-26-2010, 01:01 PM
I don't see why a combo of Deng, Gibson, Johnson, and 3 first rounders can't get the deal done for the Bulls...

Why would anyone want Deng's contract? Its a franchise killer.

nystandup
09-26-2010, 01:02 PM
So did Melo agree to the extension in the Nets deal or not?

Mishmin
09-26-2010, 01:04 PM

Great point.

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-26-2010, 01:04 PM
So did Melo agree to the extension in the Nets deal or not?

Different reports keep saying different things.

JB0B0
09-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Why would anyone want Deng's contract? Its a franchise killer.

Franchise killer? I wouldn't say that. Deng is a solid small forward, easily top 8 in the NBA. Considering that rudy gay got the max, I'd say Deng's contract is nowhere near being a franchise killer.

10-11 - 11.3mill
11-12 - 12.3mill
12-13 - 13.3mill
13-14 - 14.3mill

For a solid 18 and 8 along with good D, I'd say it's reasonable.

nycericanguy
09-26-2010, 01:09 PM
It's Melo and Denver. Melo wants to go to the Knicks more than the Nets, and by putting the Nets trade on hold, it cause the Knicks to maybe add more to their deal in a desperation move, which in turn benefits Denver.
Denver and Melo both are at the advantage by putting that other trade on hold. Unless the other teams back out then they are all ****ed.

How is Melo at an advantage there? He wants NY to gut their team? Don't think so.

THE GIPPER
09-26-2010, 01:10 PM
im just waiting for jay-z to call up melo and convince him to sign with nj....

nycericanguy
09-26-2010, 01:12 PM

yea Jay-Z has such a big influence on players, as we saw this offseason. Who knew he was that tight with Outlaw & Morrow...

airronijordan
09-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Yeah im sure im going to look bad if melo is in NY, Boy im going to have to eat crow after Melo and Amare knock out the Heat year after year from the playoffs. Btw I never said the Nuggets had more leverage, i said that Melo didn't have all the leverage like you have been suggesting.

Its ironic that you bash the Rockets in this post but at the same time you admit that Walsh would get fleeced once again by Morey.

I wasnt bashing the Rockets, I was bashing you.....the Rockets are a good team but if the Knicks end up getting CP3 along wit Melo in the future, dont you think the Knicks are better suited to win a championship or at least be contenders?

THE GIPPER
09-26-2010, 01:14 PM
yea Jay-Z has such a big influence on players, as we saw this offseason. Who knew he was that tight with Outlaw & Morrow...

haha ya true

oak2455
09-26-2010, 01:22 PM

Thats Great:D

oak2455
09-26-2010, 01:25 PM
I wasnt bashing the Rockets, I was bashing you.....the Rockets are a good team but if the Knicks end up getting CP3 along wit Melo in the future, dont you think the Knicks are better suited to win a championship or at least be contenders?

Listen at the end of the day no one knows wtf is going on, only Melo Knows and the Nuggs......dont feel bad me and Southside have had our outs too its just the way it is when you defend your team:)

ShaqShoes
09-26-2010, 01:27 PM
burn

SouthSideRookie
09-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Listen at the end of the day no one knows wtf is going on, only Melo Knows and the Nuggs......dont feel bad me and Southside have had our outs too its just the way it is when you defend your team:)

:hi5::)

Hoopsadvocate
09-26-2010, 01:31 PM
:facepalm: At the knicks fans who dont want to include gallo and Randolph in a trade for melo. Those two havent done anything remotley worth being given the attention u give them. Not even a playoff appearence. If im the knicks id give up anyone but amare for mello. Hes a franchise changer while gallo and randolph are not even close there role players at best. Not to mention the domino effect melos presence would have on your franchise.

Take a lesson from Pat Riley and the HEAT once u get the stars the role players will come. Get Melo at any cost.

manny620
09-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Dude this **** has to end already just go somewhere dame its so annoying!!!! Yea i want him on the Knicks but whoopy ******* du if he does not im just tired of this crap its Lebron 2.0 all over again just say where the **** you wanna go and where you will only sign i guarantee that this will all end if Melo just did.:mad:

netsgiantsyanks
09-26-2010, 01:34 PM

thats actually a good one. :laugh2:

oak2455
09-26-2010, 01:35 PM
:hi5::)

Ok southside whats actually going on with this trade? Ive off and on trying to see whats what:) whats the latest??

ShaqShoes
09-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Who thinks this gets done by the end of the month?

SouthSideRookie
09-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Ok southside whats actually going on with this trade? Ive off and on trying to see whats what:) whats the latest??

My guess is as good as yours, I have no idea what the hell is going on, I know all these reporters are having a ball messing with all of our heads.:facepalm:

manny620
09-26-2010, 01:37 PM
:facepalm: At the knicks fans who dont want to include gallo and Randolph in a trade for melo. Those two havent done anything remotley worth being given the attention u give them. Not even a playoff appearence. If im the knicks id give up anyone but amare for mello. Hes a franchise changer while gallo and randolph are not even close there role players at best. Not to mention the domino effect melos presence would have on your franchise.

Take a lesson from Pat Riley and the HEAT once u get the stars the role players will come. Get Melo at any cost.

Gallo can explode and become a star if he gets some of his game right and Randolph has star potential too so what are trying to say?

airronijordan
09-26-2010, 01:38 PM

Jay Z is not good friends with Melo....Fat Joe is a great friend of melo and Fat Joe hates Jay Z (they dont talk to each other)....Im willing to bet Fat Joe called Melo this wknd and told him dont sign an extension with NJ

bahama0811
09-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Jay Z is not good friends with Melo....Fat Joe is a great friend of melo and Fat Joe hates Jay Z (they dont talk to each other)....Im willing to bet Fat Joe called Melo this wknd and told him dont sign an extension with NJ

It is fairly pathetic if Melo is letting some rapper dictate where he goes to play.

GodsSon

That's a brutal return

nycericanguy
Kobe's advice for Carmelo: be 100% happy with choice
by HoopsVibe News
Sep 26th, 2010

"We’ll see if he signs a reasonable extension and if he’s 100 percent happy that it’s where he wants to go," Bryant told Yahoo! Sports on Saturday. "If not, don’t make a move just to get out of the situation. ... Make sure it’s a move that you’re very happy in and you’re comfortable with."

ShaqShoes
09-26-2010, 01:42 PM
LMFAO I really don't think he cares about that.

Chicagofaithful
09-26-2010, 01:44 PM
Gallo can explode and become a star if he gets some of his game right and Randolph has star potential too so what are trying to say?
no.... he can't sorry man its just not in him

Hoopsadvocate
09-26-2010, 01:47 PM

Its a bunch of ifs and maybes and hopefully. How many players have had that potential and never lived up to it. If Gallo and Randolph were such great prospects why does no other franchise value them as much? IMO they wont be anything special , they can be solid but not stars at least not on melos level. Be smart take a sure thing or kick ursevelves in the future for taking a huge risk on them and passing on a franchise player and the dominoe effect he could create for ur franchise. Nobody is coming to play with gallo and ranolph but players would come to play with melo/amare.

Gram
09-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Noah has to be the most overrated player in the NBA now.

I'm not so sure DEN would even want Noah after hearing he is asking for a 70m deal. The guy had ONE solid season last year. Before that he was a career 7 & 7 guy. Nice role player yes, but does DEN really want to tie themselves up in that sort of huge deal? Noah is not a guy with a huge upside. He's 26 years old, he is what he is. Its not like AR who just turned 21 and is cheap for another few years with unlimited potential. And if you look at their "PER 36" AR blows Noah away... just saying...

Haha all he can do is talk trash about Cleveland and Boston that's why I like him.

nycericanguy
09-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Haha all he can do is talk trash about Cleveland and Boston that's why I like him.

If you start paying superstar money to role players you can really set your franchise back. CHI maybe can afford to give him 70m because they already have a star PG & PF. But to a rebuilding team like DEN with no young stars giving Noah 70m is suicide.

97NYer
09-26-2010, 01:56 PM
As a Knicks fan I don't believe some of you. Would you rather have Gallo/Randolph or Melo?

KingOf215
09-26-2010, 01:58 PM
I don't know why NYK aren't offering everything they can for Melo. Hell, I'd even throw in D'Antoni to sweeten the deal.

Felton + Melo + Amare is a pretty good trio to build around if you ask me. Even if it is in the East.

effen5
09-26-2010, 02:00 PM

This

NYK gm's crack me up "laugh"

manny620
09-26-2010, 02:00 PM
As a Knicks fan I don't believe some of you. Would you rather have Gallo/Randolph or Melo?

Melo but i dont wanna see them go:( but you gotta do what you gotta do if it gets them Melo.

effen5
09-26-2010, 02:02 PM

I also agree with this....its a joke if you think Melo isn't worth their entire roster but Amare....

Melo + Amare >>>>>> current Knicks

I would give up anybody the Nuggets would want except for Amare.

bahama0811
09-26-2010, 02:02 PM
I don't know why NYK aren't offering everything they can for Melo. Hell, I'd even throw in D'Antoni to sweeten the deal.

Felton + Melo + Amare is a pretty good trio to build around if you ask me. Even if it is in the East.

What exactly has Felton ever done? He's not that good. I don't know why Knicks fans are hyping him up so much.

Slimsim
09-26-2010, 02:08 PM

Thing is we can keep both gallo and AR4 and still get melo in FA. All Melo has to say is I'm only going to sign and extension in NY and no team will make a offer Leaving denver with little options

scutch11
09-26-2010, 02:09 PM
What exactly has Felton ever done? He's not that good. I don't know why Knicks fans are hyping him up so much.

its all relative. weve been watching chris duhon for two years, so relatively, its a big increase in the quality of player. all we want is a point guard with good court vision who pushes the ball, and felton can do that. also, a lot of people seem to think that our up court system benefits him because thats what he played in college, where he ended up being a top 5 pick. in charlotte he played in one of the three slowest offenses in the NBA

effen5
09-26-2010, 02:13 PM
Thing is we can keep both gallo and AR4 and still get melo in FA. All Melo has to say is I'm only going to sign and extension in NY and no team will make a offer Leaving denver with little options

But Melo isn't going to say that...well at least he hasn't said it yet.

VinceCarter
09-26-2010, 02:14 PM
So this is where we get to see all of those Knicks fans saying Melo was a one dimensional player say he is a God now. :sigh:

manny620
09-26-2010, 02:19 PM
So this is where we get to see all of those Knicks fans saying Melo was a one dimensional player say he is a God now. :sigh:

Melo is a stud who ever say different is just a dumb***:mad:

SouthSideRookie
09-26-2010, 02:23 PM

I think its gotten to the point of no return for Carmelo in Denver. I can't imagine him playing in Denver this season when everyone would know he is leaving after the season, just not a good situation for Melo and the Nuggets franchise.

airronijordan
09-26-2010, 02:23 PM

hes no "God".......hes a top 10 player

VinceCarter
09-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Melo is a stud who ever say different is just a dumb***:mad:

A bunch of Knicks fans hated on him when he was almost a Net. :laugh2:

Hoopsadvocate
09-26-2010, 02:29 PM

What if he goes to chicago?? Then its Lebron all over again except for lebron goes to miami and melo will go to Chicago ur really taking an unnecesarry risk. WHen u could start ur future now as a sure thing. Because u will be kicking urself if he goes to another team and u have nothing but gello and randolph in the future. Stuck as a borderline playoff team.

1-800-STFU
09-26-2010, 02:29 PM

Thats what knick fans do. He's an average at best PG. Felton+Melo+Amare is a 1st round exit team. Consider the fact NY has no true center, and Melo+Amare are horrific defensively.

You have a 105ppg team that gives up 115 a game.....

oak2455
09-26-2010, 02:33 PM
My guess is as good as yours, I have no idea what the hell is going on, I know all these reporters are having a ball messing with all of our heads.:facepalm:

Its like a Merry Go Round:confused:

knicksfan42
09-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Thats what knick fans do. He's an average at best PG. Felton+Melo+Amare is a 1st round exit team. Consider the fact NY has no true center, and Melo+Amare are horrific defensively.

You have a 105ppg team that gives up 115 a game.....

Thats what all fans do. You're right Felton is average. With Melo the Knicks are a second round exit team. Amare isn't a good defender, but Melo is fine defensively he isn't great, but is at the very least average. You calling his defense horrid shows that you are simply trying to hate on Melo, though to be fair the only reason you are hating on Melo is, because you are in actuality trying to hate on the Knicks, because they have a chance at landing him.

manny620
09-26-2010, 02:37 PM

:facepalm::facepalm: us New York fans sometime smdh

1-800-STFU
09-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Thats what all fans do. You're right Felton is average. With Melo the Knicks are a second round exit team. Amare isn't a good defender, but Melo is fine defensively he isn't great, but is at the very least average. You calling his defense horrid shows that you are simply trying to hate on Melo, though to be fair the only reason you are hating on Melo is, because you are in actuality trying to hate on the Knicks, because they have a chance at landing him.

Or because it is....

Amare is one of the worst post defenders, and since NYK will probably be playing him at Center he'll be in the bottom 5 of the league at that position defensively.

I'd say at his best Melo CAN be average, but i've never seen anything outstanding from him and on a night in night out basis he's pretty terrible defensively. I'm not a fan of Melo period, his rate stats blow and he's a known chucker. Then again that could fit in with the uptempo style NYK plays.

BlkProphet79
09-26-2010, 02:41 PM
I think its gotten to the point of no return for Carmelo in Denver. I can't imagine him playing in Denver this season when everyone would know he is leaving after the season, just not a good situation for Melo and the Nuggets franchise.

Thr thing is who can really fault him for finishing out his contract. He tested the waters...saw what the climate was like and it wasn't to his liking. After a year, if Melo does go to NY (in a sign & trade to be generous), Denver gets less in compensation than a trade would have garnered them.

Can Denver realistically say, they tried to work with New York to get some assets? By all accounts (media), New York had nothing Denver was interested in, no assets, etc... Hell, their lack of "assets" were used as reasons why Melo wasn't going to NY in some of this forum's own posters. The answer is no...Denver did everything possible not to deal with New York. You could probably make a case for Denver shooting themselves in the foot throughout this whole process.

The way I see it is that public opinion will end up favoring Melo over the Nuggets' organization when it's all said and done.

Kashmir13579
09-26-2010, 02:42 PM

hey, nice new sig. and i would never hate on melo. i'm a syracuse boy; wishing him luck wherever he goes. its possible i was hating on the nets or you. :) again, nice new sig. the funny part is, this isnt going to happen either. i think gallo is untouchable in mikes eyes. at least new york fans are smart enough to realize when something is too good to be true. we don't jump the gun and make obnoxious sigs that are created just for baiting purposes.

ShaqShoes
09-26-2010, 02:42 PM
They wouldn't be that much better with Melo this year..if they match up with one of the top 3 teams in the East (Orlando, Miami, or Boston) then it is a first round exit. The only team that I think they have a chance against in the playoffs is Chicago and even then...I would still trade Gallinari and Randolph for him but by giving up those players it doesn't make them much better THIS YEAR. Next season is a different story.

Kashmir13579
09-26-2010, 02:49 PM
What if he goes to chicago?? Then its Lebron all over again except for lebron goes to miami and melo will go to Chicago ur really taking an unnecesarry risk. WHen u could start ur future now as a sure thing. Because u will be kicking urself if he goes to another team and u have nothing but gello and randolph in the future. Stuck as a borderline playoff team.

true, but if he goes to chicago we don't have to worry about him being in our division... much better than him going to the nets. p.s gallo and randolph have all the potential in the world. anyone that doubts the knicks potential arent aware of the roster they've created. if you go into the knicks forums and around the NY area there are a lot of people that don't even want melo; not if it means we're givin' up gallo.

VinceCarter
09-26-2010, 02:49 PM
hey, nice new sig. and i would never hate on melo. i'm a syracuse boy; wishing him luck wherever he goes. its possible i was hating on the nets or you. :) again, nice new sig. the funny part is, this isnt going to happen either. i think gallo is untouchable in mikes eyes. at least new york fans are smart enough to realize when something is too good to be true. we don't jump the gun and make obnoxious sigs that are created just for baiting purposes.

You don't have to you succeed greatly in your posts. Anyways there were plenty of LeBron in Knick jerseys pre-decision...

knicksfan42
09-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Or because it is....

Amare is one of the worst post defenders

I pretty much agreed with you on Amare.

I'd say at his best Melo CAN be average, but i've never seen anything outstanding from him and on a night in night out basis he's pretty terrible defensively.

He's pretty average on a night in night out basis.

smith&wesson
09-26-2010, 02:54 PM
chicago is super dumb if they dont give up noah for mello.

abe_froman
09-26-2010, 02:56 PM

or i've watched him play and studied his defense.

but hey wanting to go that route,more power to ya

Kashmir13579
09-26-2010, 03:00 PM
[/B]

You don't have to you succeed greatly in your posts. Anyways there were plenty of LeBron in Knick jerseys pre-decision...

:D keep telling yourself that. and btw, i never had a lebron sig. notice my sig right now, its a knicks rookie that has little chance of getting playing time. im hardly a bandwagon fan. even if we somehow land melo (which i doubt), my sig will stay.

Don Starks
09-26-2010, 03:03 PM

unless its through a trade, I dont think the bulls have the cap space to outright sign carmello next year. especially considering Reinsdorf is conservative about the contracts he gives out.

abe_froman
09-26-2010, 03:06 PM
unless its through a trade, I dont think the bulls have the cap space to outright sign carmello next year. especially considering Reinsdorf is conservative about the contracts he gives out.

they'd have his rights so cap is meaningless.and yes and no,he handed out contracts that are seen as overpaying to deng,hinirch and noc

so either he cheaps out or he overpays,cant have it both ways

VinceCarter
09-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Source close to Melo trade talks: "The deal is in neutral. Denver trying to get (Melo) there for (Monday's) media day and beg him to stay."

Stein_Line (http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ)

SouthSideRookie
09-26-2010, 03:07 PM
There is no way that the Knicks can acquire Melo without having to give up Gallo and AR, especially when you consider that they don't have a pick. Even then, If the Nuggets settle for the Knicks offer, they would have left the best offer go, which is the Nets.

abe_froman
09-26-2010, 03:10 PM
There is no way that the Knicks can acquire Melo without having to give up Gallo and AR, especially when you consider that they don't have a pick. Even then, If the Nuggets settle for the Knicks offer, they would have left the best offer go, which is the Nets.

i dunno,i think gallo+ar+pick(if they get one).is a really good offer,both those guys are highly rated prospects/young players.

IHeartNY
09-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Another twist...so sick of this

x2

oak2455
09-26-2010, 03:11 PM

So the proposed deal is AR and Gallo for Melo?? I would do that right now, dk Gallo's potential and AR could be really good we shall see:eyebrow:

Don Starks
09-26-2010, 03:11 PM
they'd have his rights so cap is meaningless.and yes and no,he handed out contracts that are seen as overpaying to deng,hinirch and noc

so either he cheaps out or he overpays,cant have it both ways

i never said he overpaid? but considering he would have to pay rose, noahs new contract what he just gave boozer and is already paying dengs contract, which increases over the years, i don't see him doing it. with the exception of deng and heinrich, Reinsdorf is fairly cheap.

Hindy27
09-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Nuggets fans are going to be very disappointed soon, their FO will end up accepting a lowball offer.
The Knicks aren't going to offer much because they'd be able to sign him as a FA and haven't offered much. The Bulls really only need to outbid the Knicks, which won't be hard it seems.

I want the Favors trade to fail, as the Nets are giving up way more than the Bulls or Knicks will.

Denver's FO should've pulled the trigger when they had the chance. They may have given up on Favors + Kirilenko for Curry + Chandler.

ShaqShoes
09-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Stein_Line (http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ)

That would be so uncomfortable. He clearly doesn't want to play in Denver.

SouthSideRookie
09-26-2010, 03:14 PM
i dunno,i think gallo+ar+pick(if they get one).is a really good offer,both those guys are highly rated prospects/young players.

Yeah I agree that AR has serious potential, but how else are the Knicks going to acquire a first rounder, unless Chandler can net them one, but would the Knicks be willing to give up AR, Gallo and Chandler in this deal?

abe_froman
09-26-2010, 03:15 PM
i never said he overpaid? but considering he would have to pay rose, noahs new contract what he just gave boozer and is already paying dengs contract, which increases over the years, i don't see him doing it. with the exception of deng and heinrich, Reinsdorf is fairly cheap.

well deng would have to go in a deal for melo,so that situation is out the window.he's going to have to pay rose and noah ontop of boozer anyways,it'll be expense team no matter how you look at it.and he is willing to pay for a championship roster(if you go back and look at what he spent on everyone).so yeah,he will pay

thats not what you should be pointing to to take solace that the knicks will win out over the bulls.the two things that kill it for us is 1.dens not wanting deng and 2.our unwillingness to trade noah in the deal

Hoopsadvocate
09-26-2010, 03:17 PM
true, but if he goes to chicago we don't have to worry about him being in our division... much better than him going to the nets. p.s gallo and randolph have all the potential in the world. anyone that doubts the knicks potential arent aware of the roster they've created. if you go into the knicks forums and around the NY area there are a lot of people that don't even want melo; not if it means we're givin' up gallo.

There role players not stars maybe gallo can be a borderline or 1 time allstar if all goes well and he reaches his ceiling and helps NY win a lot to be noticed but thats as high as it goes.

Meanwhile Melo on the knicks is highly probably nba scoring champion helps them win over 50 games and therefor gets strong mvp consideration. Gallo and Randolph hopefully get u in the playoffs (hopefully because neither has helped there team make a playoff appearence yet) and no more than a 1st round exit. Your very likely to live in mediocrity with them while melo elevates ur chances as legit contenders.

VinceCarter
09-26-2010, 03:18 PM
That would be so uncomfortable. He clearly doesn't want to play in Denver.

I know this situation is getting ugly.

abe_froman
09-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Yeah I agree that AR has serious potential, but how else are the Knicks going to acquire a first rounder, unless Chandler can net them one, but would the Knicks be willing to give up AR, Gallo and Chandler in this deal?

thats what this thread is about,an article saying that they are....but they have to get a first rounder from somewhere to add in to.there are both pro's and con's to them doing this deal.i dont know how i'd feel for ny in doing it.

netsgiantsyanks
09-26-2010, 03:20 PM

but a whole bunch of knick fans had customized lebron jerseys, but they werent jumping the gun, were they?? :pity:

ShaqShoes
09-26-2010, 03:21 PM
I know this situation is getting ugly.
Imagine they don't trade him until mid-season and he gets injured..they need to do this before media day. Melo must be pissed.

Don Starks
09-26-2010, 03:22 PM
here is my thing, if you are the knicks even if you get melo by trading gallo, AR4 and possibly chandler, you still arent going to be able to compete with the likes of miami or the Lakers. so whats the point? why not stick with the young guys, let them develop and hopefully by the time they start to peak, holes on that team will have been filled and teams like miami will be starting to descend.

Kashmir13579
09-26-2010, 03:25 PM
here is my thing, if you are the knicks even if you get melo by trading gallo, AR4 and possibly chandler, you still arent going to be able to compete with the likes of miami or the Lakers. so whats the point? why not stick with the young guys, let them develop and hopefully by the time they start to peak, holes on that team will have been filled and teams like miami will be starting to descend.

this is what i think. nice post brotha.

SouthSideRookie
09-26-2010, 03:28 PM
thats what this thread is about,an article saying that they are....but they have to get a first rounder from somewhere to add in to.there are both pro's and con's to them doing this deal.i dont know how i'd feel for ny in doing it.

I think the new GM of the Nuggets dropped the ball bigtime here, lets remember he's inexperienced and the sons owner thats involved is also very young.

How is it that Denver has been saying all this time that they have no intrest in the Knicks package and suddenly they've changed their stance.

Favors and the Nets picks is about as good as Denver can do, especially when you consider the multiple draft picks and one coming via the warriors I believe.

We'll just have to wait and see, maybe it's nothing but rumors.

abe_froman
09-26-2010, 03:29 PM

well ny is stuck in a precarious situation.they spent 100 mil on amare,a very "we arent banking on developing young guys" move,but on the other hand the rest of the roster which wont be much right now,but in the future if developed well...maybe.so they are stuck in these opposing sides.and while yes trading your young core melo wont win you anything,it shows amare and the fanbase that your committed to quick return.sucking this year but say adding tony parker or something soon and go on a run

Kashmir13579
09-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Well duh there NY fans typical just like saying majority of miami fans are fair weather NY fans are mostly stubborn overrating homers even by homer standards. You guys could have big baby and JJ barea on your team and say they will be the future Charles Barkley and jason kidd. Essentially your doing the same with Gallo and Randolph, many are just to stubborn and blind to see it. (im not saying there bad just nowhere near having star potential especially that of melo). There role players not stars maybe gallo can be a borderline or 1 time allstar if all goes well and he reaches his ceiling and helps NY win a lot to be noticed but thats as high as it goes.

Meanwhile Melo on the knicks is highly probably nba scoring champion helps them win over 50 games and therefor gets strong mvp consideration. Gallo and Randolph hopefully get u in the playoffs (hopefully because neither has helped there team make a playoff appearence yet) and no more than a 1st round exit. Your very likely to live in mediocrity with them while melo elevates ur chances as legit contenders.

melo can't get it done by himself. you are seriously over rating him if you think a team with felton, bill walker, melo, amare, turiaf (with little to no bench) can win 50 games.

Don Starks
09-26-2010, 03:37 PM
well ny is stuck in a precarious situation.they spent 100 mil on amare,a very "we arent banking on developing young guys" move,but on the other hand the rest of the roster which wont be much right now,but in the future if developed well...maybe.so they are stuck in these opposing sides.and while yes trading your young core melo wont win you anything,it shows amare and the fanbase that your committed to quick return.sucking this year but say adding tony parker or something soon and go on a run

I can see how the Amare signing can force you to make a move, but it shouldnt dictate how the franchise is run. obviously they signed Amare in order to entice Lebron, it didnt work so move on. in this case they have one of the youngest teams in the league, ride that out and fill holes through free agency (b/c the knicks dont have draft picks).

also if they trade Carmelo, nobody is going to rebound on that squad, absolutely nobody. at least with gallo, AR4 and chandler they have guys that can each grab about 4 or 5 rebounds a game. without that they are going to get killed on the glass every game.

nystandup
09-26-2010, 03:41 PM
If Carmelo came to play with Amare, I'd think that other players would be willing to play with them. Gotta get the stars and build around them.

airronijordan
09-26-2010, 04:06 PM
http://www.theknicksblog.com/2010/09/26/source-melo-to-nets-unlikely/

Source: Melo To Nets “Unlikely”

By Myles A. Mills on Sep 26, 2010, 2:17 pm

"A source close to the situation has informed TKB that the proposed deal that would bring Carmelo Anthony to the Nets and send Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, and a first round pick to the Nuggets is, at this point, “Unlikely.”

“If the deal doesn’t go through by tomorrow, I doubt it get’s done,” said the source.

The Nuggets appear to be the reason why the chances of the deal occurring are dwindling. Not only are they scared to trade the unhappy superstar, but they are also “using the deal as leverage to get a better offer.”

The source also added that the four-way trade is “so complicated,” that the longer this drags on “the more likely it is that it falls apart.”

It is no secret that Carmelo’s first choice is the Knicks, and a source told TKB that Melo to the Knicks “could happen” if Donnie Walsh is willing to package both Anthony Randolph and Danilo Gallinari in a deal.

It is important to note that Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, and a first round pick is the exact package that the Nets would have sent to New Orleans for Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor as TKB reported back in June, but Thorn refused to give up a shot at Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, or Chris Bosh by taking on Emeka Okafor’s contract".

do the Knicks only have to give up Gallo and Randolph without a draft pick?

scutch11
09-26-2010, 04:12 PM
http://www.theknicksblog.com/2010/09/26/source-melo-to-nets-unlikely/

Source: Melo To Nets “Unlikely”

By Myles A. Mills on Sep 26, 2010, 2:17 pm

"A source close to the situation has informed TKB that the proposed deal that would bring Carmelo Anthony to the Nets and send Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, and a first round pick to the Nuggets is, at this point, “Unlikely.”

“If the deal doesn’t go through by tomorrow, I doubt it get’s done,” said the source.

The Nuggets appear to be the reason why the chances of the deal occurring are dwindling. Not only are they scared to trade the unhappy superstar, but they are also “using the deal as leverage to get a better offer.”

The source also added that the four-way trade is “so complicated,” that the longer this drags on “the more likely it is that it falls apart.”

It is no secret that Carmelo’s first choice is the Knicks, and a source told TKB that Melo to the Knicks “could happen” if Donnie Walsh is willing to package both Anthony Randolph and Danilo Gallinari in a deal.

It is important to note that Derrick Favors, Devin Harris, and a first round pick is the exact package that the Nets would have sent to New Orleans for Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor as TKB reported back in June, but Thorn refused to give up a shot at Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, or Chris Bosh by taking on Emeka Okafor’s contract".

do the Knicks only have to give up Gallo and Randolph without a draft pick?

well we dont have a first rounder to trade right now, so one of those two might have to be used to get a first. so its seems pretty unlikely that wed give up both of them and still be able to acquire a first.

ShaqShoes
09-26-2010, 04:18 PM
well we dont have a first rounder to trade right now, so one of those two might have to be used to get a first. so its seems pretty unlikely that wed give up both of them and still be able to acquire a first.
When is the next time that the Knicks have a first round pick?

Don Starks
09-26-2010, 04:43 PM
When is the next time that the Knicks have a first round pick?

they have one next year, its just that houston can swap if they please. either way they pick in the first round, just not necessarily on their own terms. and I am not sure if they have one the following year.

Assman22
09-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Bulls get Melo
Jazz get Deng
Nuggets get AK47, Taj, JJ, two 1st rounders

Gators123
09-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Bulls get Melo
Jazz get Deng
Nuggets get AK47, Taj, JJ, two 1st rounders

:laugh2:

Terrible!

BULLSFAN0810
09-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Of course you would think that as a Bulls fan. Truth is, unless Noah is included, Denver isnt trading with Chicago. Not to mention Deng's terrible contract will handcuff the Nuggets in the future.

I think Denver really wants Favors from NJ but would settle for Gallo, Randolph and/or Chandler from the Knicks.

i agree i dislike Dengs contract, hes over paid in a sense.... but to say a streaky Gallo is on the same level is weak. Deng is a legit starter and Gallo is a 6th man at this time. Randolph is the real gem and its a shame hes been on bad teams that wont allow him to mature at a steady pace. Randolph reminds me of Jerome Kersey ...a all purpose foward that can hit the three,guard athletic players big and small,and bang a little,plus put it on the floor. Chandler is all heart and determination,hes from Chicago thats our style. but realistically if i was Denver id take Chandler and randolph plus 2-3 picks..but if i had to make a wise choice id take Deng.Deng style of play fits Denver philosophy...run up and down get quick cheap buckets,and hit the 20 footer..all which Deng does better than anyone Ny has to offer. So to take Deng pluss James Johnson and Taj Gibson is a steal..Deng is a 18-20 point scorer,Taj is first team all rookie team, and JJ was and is a dynamic player who is trying to find his game on the NBA level.

mully
09-26-2010, 05:01 PM
This is as annoying as the King James crap.

BULLSFAN0810
09-26-2010, 05:08 PM
This is as annoying as the King James crap.

agree...but it isnt as narrsasistic:clap:

Don Starks
09-26-2010, 05:28 PM
i agree i dislike Dengs contract, hes over paid in a sense.... but to say a streaky Gallo is on the same level is weak. Deng is a legit starter and Gallo is a 6th man at this time. Randolph is the real gem and its a shame hes been on bad teams that wont allow him to mature at a steady pace. Randolph reminds me of Jerome Kersey ...a all purpose foward that can hit the three,guard athletic players big and small,and bang a little,plus put it on the floor. Chandler is all heart and determination,hes from Chicago thats our style. but realistically if i was Denver id take Chandler and randolph plus 2-3 picks..but if i had to make a wise choice id take Deng.Deng style of play fits Denver philosophy...run up and down get quick cheap buckets,and hit the 20 footer..all which Deng does better than anyone Ny has to offer. So to take Deng pluss James Johnson and Taj Gibson is a steal..Deng is a 18-20 point scorer,Taj is first team all rookie team, and JJ was and is a dynamic player who is trying to find his game on the NBA level.

Chandler is from michigan and bold = :facepalm:

tc2deuce
09-26-2010, 05:28 PM
the knicks have nothing to trade...nothing

Hoopsadvocate
09-26-2010, 05:50 PM
melo can't get it done by himself. you are seriously over rating him if you think a team with felton, bill walker, melo, amare, turiaf (with little to no bench) can win 50 games.

Felton / roger mason
Chandler/ douglas
Melo/ azubuke
amare/ any min player to backup
Turiaf/ earl barron (he did pretty well for u guys last year)

Is damn sure 50 win team idk wtf ur talking about. The heat almost did it with just d wade an old *** JO and undrachieving beasley. Meanwhile ud have decent role players at pg c and sg and 2 superstars along with azubuke, douglas, and roger mason and earl barron making a decent hard working bench. 50 is a reasonable goal.

That is exactly what im talking about :facepalm: you lost all credibility there saying u guys dont jump the gun LMAO. Like 90% of u had lebron in Knicks jersey sigs last year. So u guys realize whats to good to be true huh LMAO complete hipocracy. Exactly why most people think u guys overrate guys like gallo and which is why we cant take anything yall say about players seriously cause we know theres a huge dose of homerism attached to it.

Chicagofaithful
09-26-2010, 06:11 PM
can we just lay off of one another and talk basketball?

xabial
09-26-2010, 06:12 PM
the knicks have nothing to trade...nothing

Gallinari/Randolph will prove you wrong this year ;)

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 06:14 PM
I can't wait for the season to start so everyone can stop talking **** to one another and just watch basketball. Enough hate has been created this summer.

nystandup
09-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Any new updates on anything or is Melo just going to start camp with Denver?

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Any new updates on anything or is Melo just going to start camp with Denver?

Something will happen tomorrow as it is a business day. He's either getting traded or his Nuggets teammates convince him to stay and at least start the season in Denver.

Chicagofaithful
09-26-2010, 06:21 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2duvsts

bam!

Chicagofaithful
09-26-2010, 06:21 PM
that trade works for all teams involved! why isnt it beging discussed?

goose14741
09-26-2010, 06:24 PM
melo for tony douglas randolph and gallo makes the knicks 10 to 15 games better. Anybody with Douglas's role can contribute as much or more. Thats where Roger Mason come's in. Randolph is hard to replace but they only need a minimal minute player to fill in when amare is tired and gallo obv is **** compared to melo

goose14741
09-26-2010, 06:26 PM

bam!

dude..that trade works for noone..like...idk are you serious?

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 06:28 PM

bam!

I like that trade for Philly. IMO Deng will complement Turner better and Gibson gives them a solid backup PF insurance for Brand.

x23cbru24x
09-26-2010, 06:31 PM

dude if melo goes to NY amare is there...and thats gonna der bring paul to NY thats what im thinking and with melo theyll be a 5 or 4 playoff team depending on how good the bulls r

J4KOP99
09-26-2010, 06:31 PM
If I'm the Knicks I would completely back out of this trade. Trust that wherever Carmelo goes, he won't sign the extension, and then sign him at season's end.

Carmelo is smart enough to know that any team trading for him, will be giving up a lot, therefore diminishing his chances of winning. He might as well help his former team, denver, by letting them get somethin in return. Melo can go somewhere for a year as a rental(IDK which team will do this, but the Knicks have to hope someone does) and then sign where he wants during free agency.

This wouldn't hurt his future roster at all.

I don't understand why the Knicks want to trade for him right now...

--Hell, if I was the Knicks, I would be worrying about bringing Chris Paul over now. That would pretty much seal the deal for Melo anyway.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 06:33 PM
If I'm the Knicks I would completely back out of this trade. Trust that wherever Carmelo goes, he won't sign the extension, and then sign him at season's end.

Carmelo is smart enough to know that any team trading for him, will be giving up a lot, therefore diminishing his chances of winning. He might as well help his former team, denver, by letting them get somethin in return. Melo can go somewhere for a year as a rental(IDK which team will do this, but the Knicks have to hope someone does) and then sign where he wants during free agency.

This wouldn't hurt his future roster at all.

I don't understand why the Knicks want to trade for him right now...

--Hell, if I was the Knicks, I would be worrying about bringing Chris Paul over now. That would pretty much seal the deal for Melo anyway.

Wishful thinking, no GM is dumb enough to trade away all his assets without getting Melo to agree to an extension.

J4KOP99
09-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Wishful thinking, no GM is dumb enough to trade away all his assets without getting Melo to agree to an extension.

No team is trading away all of their assets. That's the thing. The Nuggets are being low-balled by every team so far. I mean, the Chicago Bulls won't even add in Joakim Noah.... yes, the same guy who has had one "decent" year and now wants a 5 year $70 million deal.

Why the hell are the Knicks even trying to deal for Melo right now? If they get him, they lose most of their roster and a lot of their future. They also lose a lot of money. Their best bet is either wait til FA and see what happens or hope that the Nuggets decline every other deal and then come crawling back to the Knicks and do something stupid because they don't want to lose him for nothing.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 06:43 PM
No team is trading away all of their assets. That's the thing. The Nuggets are being low-balled by every team so far. I mean, the Chicago Bulls won't even add in Joakim Noah.... yes, the same guy who has had one "decent" year and now wants a 5 year $70 million deal.

Why the hell are the Knicks even trying to deal for Melo right now? If they get him, they lose most of their roster and a lot of their future. They also lose a lot of money. Their best bet is either wait til FA and see what happens or hope that the Nuggets decline every other deal and then come crawling back to the Knicks and do something stupid because they don't want to lose him for nothing.

Yes thats why the last couple days I'm on the side of Bulls management for not giving away Noah. This is a chess match right now and the longer it drags, the more pawns Denver loses. In the end when Melo makes it final that he will not be back, they will have to take whatever they can get or be on the same boat as Cleveland and Toronto.

laxtonto
09-26-2010, 06:45 PM
I think people are missing a very important part in this puzzle. Lets not forget that priority #1 in all of this is getting to team he wants to stay with in time for him to lock up a max extension under this CBA.

Where ever he goes he is signing the extension. There is just to much guaranteed money at stake for him not too...

J4KOP99
09-26-2010, 06:50 PM
I think people are missing a very important part in this puzzle. Lets not forget that priority #1 in all of this is getting to team he wants to stay with in time for him to lock up a max extension under this CBA.

Where ever he goes he is signing the extension. There is just to much guaranteed money at stake for him not too...

I want to see actual numbers. I've heard how this new CBA is the end of the world and this and that...

But how much is Melo actually going to lose? Are their projections? Do any of you guys know what you are talking about?

At first glance, yes it makes sense he would want to sign this deal before the new CBA but I want to know what is actually happening. How much money is at stake?

imagesrdecievin
09-26-2010, 06:55 PM

The Nets haven't low balled them at all. Yet Denver is balking and using the Nets offer only to get leverage on a better deal. I really hope the Nets withdraw their offer and join in with the other teams low balling.

J4KOP99
09-26-2010, 06:59 PM
The Nets haven't low balled them at all. Yet Denver is balking and using the Nets offer only to get leverage on a better deal. I really hope the Nets withdraw their offer and join in with the other teams low balling.

As a Nets fan, what would your ideal offer be? I'm guessing you don't want to give up Harris...?

Forbo
09-26-2010, 06:59 PM

A. They dont want to give Melo away they still relize that if they trade him away he is never coming back.

B. Melo wants Knicks or Bulls and Denver used this Nets trade to get other teams to buck their price up.

C. They want want more.

Madtown22
09-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Melo in Ny would be interesting, but they would be bare after the two two.

laxtonto
09-26-2010, 07:02 PM
There is serious talk about limiting the total number of years in a max deal from the 7 year number currently to 5 or 4 years. Instead of a 5 to 7 year deal think of a 4 year max and those 4 years not at the current max salary instead at the new max salary.

So instead of a around 22 M per year expect something around 15 to 17. Say a conservative 15 to 20M on a 3 year extension plus the fact that the security that a 4 or 5 or 6 year max extension brings in the current CBA vs. a 3 to 4 max deal in a future CBA.

Melo really doesn't have a choice. He can say he won't but in the end he would lose WAY to much money not too.

NYK_kidd77
09-26-2010, 07:02 PM
A. They dont want to give Melo away they still relize that if they trade him away he is never coming back.

B. Melo wants Knicks or Bulls and Denver used this Nets trade to get other teams to buck their price up.

C. They want want more.

Good post. All those options are probably coming into play in this.

imagesrdecievin
09-26-2010, 07:03 PM
As a Nets fan, what would your ideal offer be? I'm guessing you don't want to give up Harris...?

I was on the fence about the 4 team deal as a Nets fan - but could swallow it. IMO the Nuggs will not get a better offer than that. Now that they have dragged their feet and shopped the offer around I would take a step back and offer:

TWill, Murphy, Damion James and two firsts.

It is an offer that is definitely low balling them - but right in line with what the Knicks and Chicago are offering. If Denver passed I'd be fine with it having the knowledge that the Denver GM would kicking himself for having passed over the better offer.

J4KOP99
09-26-2010, 07:06 PM
There is serious talk about limiting the total number of years in a max deal from the 7 year number currently to 5 or 4 years. Instead of a 5 to 7 year deal think of a 4 year max and those 4 years not at the current max salary instead at the new max salary.

So instead of a around 22 M per year expect something around 15 to 17. Say a conservative 15 to 20M on a 3 year extension plus the fact that the security that a 4 or 5 or 6 year max extension brings in the current CBA vs. a 3 to 4 max deal in a future CBA.

Melo really doesn't have a choice. He can say he won't but in the end he would lose WAY to much money not too.

There is no way it drops from 22 to 15-17. The players association would never let that happen. They can also decrease the max deal but still continue to have the same yearly maximum for a player.

My point is, nobody knows, for sure, what is going to happen with the new CBA. I don't want to hear how this will effect Carmelo in such a monumental way when nobody even knows the details or the possibilities.

laxtonto
09-26-2010, 07:19 PM
There is no way it drops from 22 to 15-17. The players association would never let that happen. They can also decrease the max deal but still continue to have the same yearly maximum for a player.

My point is, nobody knows, for sure, what is going to happen with the new CBA. I don't want to hear how this will effect Carmelo in such a monumental way when nobody even knows the details or the possibilities.

The NBA is hemorrhaging $$. The player association knows they cannot withstand a strike. The max length and max amount will both come down.

So is it worth it for Carmello to just say... Heck, there isn't a concrete number out there so I will just sit on the idea that I will be able to get more next year. Then add into that thought if he goes into next off-season with no deal that means that anything that happens he has not form of guarantee. If the league locks out so long that it breaks the union and restructures salaries drastically he doesn't even have a starting point in the prorated contract merry-go-round. He is stuck with whatever the new max length and max salary will be.

There is no way his financial advisors let anything like this happen.

The L Train
09-26-2010, 07:23 PM

The best offer is probably Andre Iguodala. Besides, because Carmelo wont sign with the Nets or Sixers, their offers are basically meaningless. No team is gonna trade their young talent for a guy who will play ONE season for them.

So, they aren't letting the Nets offer go. The only teams that will trade with them are teams that Carmelo will sign with, and I've only heard two teams mentioned, the Nets not being one of them.

The L Train
09-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Here's the other thing. The Knicks DO NOT have to trade Gallo and AR. They can get it done for:

Curry
Chandler
Douglass
Fields

The reason that deal works is because there is no other legitimate offer on the table. Denver needs to get SOMETHING in return for Melo, but the only teams they can trade with are teams that Melo will sign with, meaning NY or CHI. The Bulls are out because they wont give up Noah, and Denver doesnt want Deng. That leaves only the Knicks.

Denver would be foolish not to accept this deal from the Knicks because it's all they have. Otherwise Melo starts the season with Denver, and no one wants that.

koreancabbage
09-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Here's the other thing. The Knicks DO NOT have to trade Gallo and AR. They can get it done for:

Curry
Chandler
Douglass
Fields

The reason that deal works is because there is no other legitimate offer on the table. Denver needs to get SOMETHING in return for Melo, but the only teams they can trade with are teams that Melo will sign with, meaning NY or CHI. The Bulls are out because they wont give up Noah, and Denver doesnt want Deng. That leaves only the Knicks.

Denver would be foolish not to accept this deal from the Knicks because it's all they have. Otherwise Melo starts the season with Denver, and no one wants that.

no way they trade Melo for scraps. It's gotta be some kind of 3 way trade involving the Knicks cuz they got nothing the Nuggets want except maybe Chandler.

IU Hoosiers 3
09-26-2010, 07:41 PM

Curry
Chandler
Douglass
Fields

being a homer knicks fan i love that trade haha..i just really think the only way the knicks land melo is if they give up gallo and/or randolph :/

PC
09-26-2010, 07:44 PM

Curry
Chandler
Douglass
Fields

I find it near impossible we can get Melo without giving up one of Randolph or Gallo...

Robbw241
09-26-2010, 07:46 PM
From the look of it the Nuggets are just stalling to try and get a better deal from the Nets or another team. If not they will just take the Nets deal. A report from Ken Berger is that the Nuggets are now trying to see if Harris will be a better trade chip then AK47 and just make it a 2 team deal instead of 4.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/9/26/1713751/berger-denver-considering-harris-in-less-complicated-deal

koreancabbage
09-26-2010, 07:46 PM
being a homer knicks fan i love that trade haha..i just really think the only way the knicks land melo is if they give up gallo and/or randolph :/

exactly. that's just being realistic here.

i think that's where it gonna have to START. Knicks do not have first rounders to offer the Nuggets. so that's gonna gut the Knicks even more.

Knicks just HOPE that Melo gets traded to the NJN or Philly without the contract extension.

BUT if the Knicks want him NOW, 2 out of Gallo/Randolph/Chandler + Curry.

but in NO WAY is that BETTER than what the Nets are offering.in that three way trade.

DenButsu
09-26-2010, 07:47 PM

Curry
Chandler
Douglass
Fields

No, sorry, but they just can't.

The L Train
09-26-2010, 07:47 PM
no way they trade Melo for scraps. It's gotta be some kind of 3 way trade involving the Knicks cuz they got nothing the Nuggets want except maybe Chandler.

Could be a 3 team deal, but my point is, how can Denver refuse? It's either that or keeping an unhappy Carmelo, and then getting nothing back when the Knicks sign him next year. They better take what scraps they can get.

Besides, Wilson Chandler is a highly ranked young talent, Curry has a huge expiring contract, and Douglas and Fields are also young guys with a lot of upside.

If I'm Denver, I'd want to take up the 76ers offer and take Iguodala, but like I said, they're forced to trade with either NY or CHI.

The L Train
09-26-2010, 07:49 PM
No, sorry, but they just can't.

If the Knicks play hardball they can. Denver is gonna be stuck with nothing else to do. The Nets deal isnt going to happen, like I've been saying since it first came up, because Melo wont sign there.

Denver can take just Deng for Melo I guess, but I think they'd do better with Curry, Chandler, Douglass and Fields.

Or they can keep Melo and see how that works for them.

29$JerZ
09-26-2010, 07:53 PM
If the Knicks play hardball they can. Denver is gonna be stuck with nothing else to do. The Nets deal isnt going to happen, like I've been saying since it first came up, because Melo wont sign there.

Denver can take just Deng for Melo I guess, but I think they'd do better with Curry, Chandler, Douglass and Fields.

Or they can keep Melo and see how that works for them.

What hardballing can NY do?
Denver isn't in a position of weakness, Melo is.

If Melo wants to leave Denver and doesn't get traded this season Denver will easily S/T him for a trade exception and maybe some picks in the Summer. I highly doubt Melo will just leave them dry or turn down any more money by turning down an extension and not using his bird rights.

All NY can do is offer a fair package or wait until the summer. If Melo really wants to have it both ways he is going to find out the business of the NBA is not in his hands.

DenButsu
09-26-2010, 08:00 PM
If the Knicks play hardball they can.

The Knicks have no leverage to play hardball with. If they offer the Nuggets a crap offer like the one you proposed, the Nuggets will simply say, "No."

Hoopsadvocate
09-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Could be a 3 team deal, but my point is, how can Denver refuse? It's either that or keeping an unhappy Carmelo, and then getting nothing back when the Knicks sign him next year. They better take what scraps they can get.

Besides, Wilson Chandler is a highly ranked young talent, Curry has a huge expiring contract, and Douglas and Fields are also young guys with a lot of upside.

If I'm Denver, I'd want to take up the 76ers offer and take Iguodala, but like I said, they're forced to trade with either NY or CHI.

Easy just like u guys wouldnt give up gallo/randolph and chicago wont give up noah it depends on which team gives the better package If u dont have to give them up then by logic that means chicago wouldnt either. Then theyd also try to low ball the nuggets like ur trying to do.

They could then offer Taj gibson, James Johnson, omer asik and a couple 1st rounders and thats still a better deal than the scrubs u were trying to low ball them with.

Or....

Like the 4 team trade rumored before other teams could just get involved and help teams like the rockets or clippers gain an edge. All melo wants is a big market with a team that tries to compete. Chicago and NY are just the most obvious ones but thats why the rockets,nets, and clippers have been mentioned as other possibilities.

You guys thought the same with lebron and that u only had to worry about him staying in cleveland if not he was yours but then look how many teams came out in the fight for him and out of left field surprised u by going to miami. I doubt ur ownership is willing to let that happen 2x in one offseason.

The L Train
09-26-2010, 08:05 PM
The Knicks have no leverage to play hardball with. If they offer the Nuggets a crap offer like the one you proposed, the Nuggets will simply say, "No."

Fine. Let them say no. The Knicks will keep all their young talent(which they can possibly use to trade for CP3 in the future) and Melo will sign with the Knicks next year and Denver will get nothing.

Getting something is better than getting nothing. Why wouldn't they take something over nothing?

commonsense12
09-26-2010, 08:06 PM
The NBA is hemorrhaging $$. The player association knows they cannot withstand a strike. The max length and max amount will both come down.

So is it worth it for Carmello to just say... Heck, there isn't a concrete number out there so I will just sit on the idea that I will be able to get more next year. Then add into that thought if he goes into next off-season with no deal that means that anything that happens he has not form of guarantee. If the league locks out so long that it breaks the union and restructures salaries drastically he doesn't even have a starting point in the prorated contract merry-go-round. He is stuck with whatever the new max length and max salary will be.

There is no way his financial advisors let anything like this happen.

The NBA is not losing money. Lets be real how many teams are actually under the cap? Almost all of them are over and a bunch of them are in luxury tax land. If teams were losing that much money this would not be the case.

Robbw241
09-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Fine. Let them say no. The Knicks will keep all their young talent(which they can possibly use to trade for CP3 in the future) and Melo will sign with the Knicks next year and Denver will get nothing.

Getting something is better than getting nothing. Why wouldn't they take something over nothing?

Or he could end up signing with the Bulls and both of them get nothing. Or they could take Deng and Taj which is still better then what you are offering.

The L Train
09-26-2010, 08:14 PM
Or he could end up signing with the Bulls and both of them get nothing. Or they could take Deng and Taj which is still better then what you are offering.

If you ask me, Curry's huge expiring contract, plus Wilson Chandler, plus two other young prospects in Fields and Douglas is better than Deng(who they don't want) and Taj.

Plus I don't think the Bulls have the money to sign Melo if they sign Noah.

SouthSideRookie
09-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Yeah i agree the Knicks deal would be better than the Bulls if it came down to a last resort thing for the Nuggets. The Knicks have EC expirings and young talent, what kills the Bulls in this deal is Dengs contract.

The L Train
09-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Yeah i agree the Knicks deal would be better than the Bulls if it came down to a last resort thing for the Nuggets. The Knicks have EC expirings and young talent, what kills the Bulls in this deal is Dengs contract.

Exactly. And if you really look at it, it IS a last resort, this is what it has come down to. They cant trade him anywhere but NY at this point.

DenButsu
09-26-2010, 08:56 PM

That's a false choice that the Nuggets won't need to make. If Melo wanted to play for the Knicks (and only the Knicks) so badly that he was truly prepared to forego the $65 million extension, and risk free agency in the summer of a lockout and CBA negotiations that will surely drop maximum salaries, he would have made public comments to that effect by now in order to force the Nuggets' hand.

Why hasn't he?

It's the money, Lebowski.

As long as his greed prevails, as long as his desire to be traded on that extension offer remains as strong as his desire to simply be traded, the forfeits a considerable degree of leverage to the Nuggets, because both parties will have no choice but to work together in a compromise outcome.

And for Melo that means if he wants to be traded on that extension, he has to give the Nuggets a range of options where he'll be traded in order for them to work with him in making that happen. And for the Nuggets that means that if they want not (as you said) to lose him for nothing, they'll have to accept Melo's limited range of options in order for him to work with them in making that happen. Melo gets most, but not all, of what he wants, and the Nuggets don't get what they want (which would be, of course, for Melo to stay), but they get enough leverage in the decision making process that they can get some fairly decent value back.

Or in other words, they aren't stuck in choosing between absolute nothing and the lowest of the lowball offers out there. Their options are limited, but they have a few, and that means the team which finally gets Melo WILL be a team that pitched one of the more competitive offers.

bryan71023
09-26-2010, 08:57 PM
I'm hearing that the Nets are back into the trade idea and the Nuggets and Nets would just be the only two teams trading with each other.

Nuggets would get:
G: Devin Harris
F: Derrick Favors
GS 2012 1st round pick

Nets would get:
F: Carmelo Anthony
And Player To Be Name Later?

The Nets want that player to be Ty Lawson, however the Nuggets do not want to give up their young point guard even though they would have both Harris and Billups in their team. The player that the Nuggets would also trade with Carmelo Anthony would be Aaron Afflalo.

The L Train
09-26-2010, 09:02 PM
That's a false choice that the Nuggets won't need to make. If Melo wanted to play for the Knicks (and only the Knicks) so badly that he was truly prepared to forego the $65 million extension, and risk free agency in the summer of a lockout and CBA negotiations that will surely drop maximum salaries, he would have made public comments to that effect by now in order to force the Nuggets' hand.

Why hasn't he?

It's the money, Lebowski.

As long as his greed prevails, as long as his desire to be traded on that extension offer remains as strong as his desire to simply be traded, the forfeits a considerable degree of leverage to the Nuggets, because both parties will have no choice but to work together in a compromise outcome.

And for Melo that means if he wants to be traded on that extension, he has to give the Nuggets a range of options where he'll be traded in order for them to work with him in making that happen. And for the Nuggets that means that if they want not (as you said) to lose him for nothing, they'll have to accept Melo's limited range of options in order for him to work with them in making that happen. Melo gets most, but not all, of what he wants, and the Nuggets don't get what they want (which would be, of course, for Melo to stay), but they get enough leverage in the decision making process that they can get some fairly decent value back.

Or in other words, they aren't stuck in choosing between absolute nothing and the lowest of the lowball offers out there. Their options are limited, but they have a few, and that means the team which finally gets Melo WILL be a team that pitched one of the more competitive offers.

As I said before tho dude, no team is gonna trade for Melo unless they get him to sign as well. It doesn't matter that the 76ers have offered AI, as much as Denver may want to make that deal, Philly wont do it without approval from Melo. Same goes for any other team.

It doesn't matter how good the offer is, if Melo wont agree to sign(which he wont unless itss NY or CHI) then no GM worth his salt would make a deal like that.

oak2455
09-26-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm hearing that the Nets are back into the trade idea and the Nuggets and Nets would just be the only two teams trading with each other.

Nuggets would get:
GS 2012 1st round pick

Nets would get:

The Nets want that player to be Ty Lawson, however the Nuggets do not want to give up their young point guard even though they would have both Harris and Billups in their team. The player that the Nuggets would also trade with Carmelo Anthony would be Aaron Afflalo.

Link???:eyebrow:

VinceCarter
09-26-2010, 09:05 PM

Nuggets would get:
GS 2012 1st round pick

Nets would get:

Yeah, I heard the Nuggets are shopping everybody except Billups and Lawson.

bryan71023
09-26-2010, 09:07 PM

It just gets curiouser and curiouser. Ken Berger of CBS Sports reports that one possible way out of the Carmelo Anthony stalemate is reducing the number of teams in the proposed deal and have Devin Harris and New Jersey replace Andrei Kirilenko and Utah in a revised deal.

Berger says that while the Nets don't see themselves as having a deadline, the other two teams Billy King brought in would like to avoid having their players being peppered with questions about their future destination.

Berger adds that Denver originally wanted Kirilenko because of the value of his expiring contract but now wonders if Harris, in spite of his three year, $27 million deal, might be a better "trade chip".

Meanwhile, he adds, "the Nuggets have been taking full advantage of the holding pattern in talks to listen to offers from other teams – though executives with knowledge of the situation do not believe a better offer has presented itself."

http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/9/26/1713751/berger-denver-considering-harris-in-less-complicated-deal

VinceCarter
09-26-2010, 09:07 PM

Link (http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/24856540)

oak2455
09-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I heard the Nuggets are shopping everybody except Billups and Lawson.

I heard the stalling of this trade is that the Nuggets wont throw in the mini Giraffe:p

bryan71023
09-26-2010, 09:09 PM
I understand that the Nets want Lawson in the deal but damn Denver what better offer are you guys going to get and just pull the trigger on this one.

VinceCarter
09-26-2010, 09:11 PM
I heard the stalling of this trade is that the Nuggets wont throw in the mini Giraffe:p

:mad:

oak2455
09-26-2010, 09:15 PM
I know its a deal breaker........there is about a half dozen stories of Melo going to the Nets, Knicks, and Philly....funny stuff:)

SouthSideRookie
09-26-2010, 09:15 PM

Nuggets would get:
GS 2012 1st round pick

Nets would get:

I still think the Nets will land Carmelo, lets keep in mind that the league office is closed on the weekend, all these reports coming out are just probably rumors. I expect for a deal to be consummated this week that will eventually land Melo in NJ.

Forbo
09-26-2010, 09:17 PM

It should just be

Devin Harris
Derrick Favors
First Round

for

Carmelo Anthony
Anthony Carter

It would work salary wise, and the guy can start while developing the young pgs like Uzoh and Farmar. Just an idea

bryan71023
I still think the Nets will land Carmelo, lets keep in mind that the league office is closed on the weekend, all these reports coming out are just probably rumors. I expect for a deal to be consummated this week that will eventually land Melo in NJ.

I'm pretty sure they all call each over and talk about this over the phone, especially since Carmelo wants to be traded is very serious.

THE GIPPER
I understand that the Nets want Lawson in the deal but damn Denver what better offer are you guys going to get and just pull the trigger on this one.

as a nugget fan, i'd rather give up billups than lawson at this point, lawson has so much potential and billups is 34

DenButsu
09-26-2010, 09:18 PM
As I said before tho dude, no team is gonna trade for Melo unless they get him to sign as well. It doesn't matter that the 76ers have offered AI, as much as Denver may want to make that deal, Philly wont do it without approval from Melo. Same goes for any other team.

It doesn't matter how good the offer is, if Melo wont agree to sign(which he wont unless itss NY or CHI) then no GM worth his salt would make a deal like that.

The wheels of the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round....

I don't think you understood the entire point of the post you just replied to, so let me say it more simply:

IF he wants to be traded on the Nuggets extension offer, then Melo doesn't have complete control here... IF he wants to be traded on that extension, he will HAVE to reach a compromise solution with the Nuggets.

Now, if he's willing to give up that money and put his foot down and say, unequivically, "I insist that I be traded ONLY to the Knicks, or I will ride out my contract and let the Knicks sign me as a free agent next summer", then he certainly can try to do that.

But he hasn't yet. He wants to have his cake (get traded) and eat it too (get that extension). And as long as he wants that extension, he gives up a good amount of power to the Nuggets in these negotiations, because he needs for them to actually give him the extension first and then trade him if he wants it.

It's really not that complicated.

bryan71023
09-26-2010, 09:20 PM
It should just be

Devin Harris
Derrick Favors
First Round

for

Carmelo Anthony
Anthony Carter

It would work salary wise, and the guy can start while developing the young pgs like Uzoh and Farmar. Just an idea

Anthony Carter isn't really a starter in this league and I'm pretty sure if the Nets are going to give up a pg like Harris, the Nets do want a pg in return who can start and help the team now like a Ty Lawson.

SouthSideRookie
09-26-2010, 09:22 PM
I'm pretty sure they all call each over and talk about this over the phone, especially since Carmelo wants to be traded is very serious.

I meant the deal has to be approved by the league office for it to become "official", thats why I mentioned that.

There is no doubt that these GMs have been burning the phone lines these past days.

bryan71023
as a nugget fan, i'd rather give up billups than lawson at this point, lawson has so much potential and billups is 34

That's very understandable, I don't think the entire state of Colorado would want to give up Ty Lawson. The problem with Billups is his high contract. So the Nets would have to trade more players like Murphy and/or Humphries to get Billups and Anthony to come the NJ. And if the Nets would do that, then the Nets would have no PF at all.

Forbo

HAHA That would be very complicated, Billups salary is huge.

It would have to be like (f it was the Nets)..

Devin Harris
Troy Murphy
Kris Humphries
Quinton Ross
Terrence Williams
Picks

For

Carmelo Anthony
Billups