PDA

View Full Version : Would adding Melo make the Nets a playoff team?

Kingdre619
09-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Lets say the "purposed" deal between the 4 teams goes down, and the NYETS get Melooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo, are they a playoff team, or useless fodder like the Knicks?

Possible Roster:

C:Lopez, petro
PF: Murphy, piece-o-crap
SF:Melo, piece-o-crap
SG: Morrow? Williams
PG:Farmar?piece-o-crap

so we are looking at a terrible roster in 2010 outside of Meloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo and Lopez.

so do u think the Nyets are a playoff team with a roster like this if the deal goes down they way it is rumored to be?

you have no legitimate starting nba pg, a sg who mainly shoots 3pt shots, a superstar at sf, a dbl dbl pf, and a young center who looks like the next great big man

can they compete for a playoff spot?

seeing as melooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo made the playoffs with the likes of andre miller, camby, k-mart, anthony carter and such back in the day, it does seem possible

maybe they can make the 8th seed? maybe

but can they beat the bobcats with devin harris, jackson, and wallace. can they beat the knicks with 20 pt 5 rebound Amar'e Stoudemire, and The next Kevin Garnett:Anthony Randolph. can they beat the pacers with collison, granger? wait...*COUGH *COUGH*, did i just say pacers, well, maybe if they get a pf

so as far as it seems to me, with a roster like the NYETS could possibly have in 2010, they are looking at 8th seed at best imo, with steep competion from the rest of the East's fodder

thoughts??

BTW: thank God my bulls arent going after Meloooooooooooooooooooooooooo, would hate to lose Noah for him, lol. im predicting that chauncey plays out this year with the nuggets unless the blazers make a push for him( pryzbilla, and 2nd round picks). kenyon martin to the bucks in exchange for michael redd, or he may have his contract bought out to play for a contending team.

J.R smith will be gone as well probably, if hes not included in the "Meloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Deal"

on a sad note: Been a Nuggets fan since 2004, when Kmart Arrived from NJ, it was a nice ride in Den, years of struggling, then finally making it to the conference finals, only to have ur best defender, and coach get injured, and have melo "Demand a trade" ( notice the air quotes). the faster this NYETS deal gets done, the faster kmart leaves the nuggets nd i go with him, farewell Nuggets fans, good luck, and for one last time, even though hes leaving, lets say it:

MELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

dnewguy
09-25-2010, 09:25 PM
When did the Nets get Farmer?

VinceCarter
09-25-2010, 09:26 PM
A lot of hate in this topic..........but why?

In before close.

Forbo
09-25-2010, 09:26 PM
Lets say the "purposed" deal between the 4 teams goes down, and the NYETS get Melooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo, are they a playoff team, or useless fodder like the Knicks?

Possible Roster:

so we are looking at a terrible roster in 2010 outside of Meloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo and Lopez.

so do u think the Nyets are a playoff team with a roster like this if the deal goes down they way it is rumored to be?

you have no legitimate starting nba pg, a sg who mainly shoots 3pt shots, a superstar at sf, a dbl dbl pf, and a young center who looks like the next great big man

seeing as melooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo made the playoffs with the likes of andre miller, camby, k-mart, anthony carter and such back in the day, it does seem possible

but can they beat the bobcats with devin harris, jackson, and wallace. can they beat the knicks with 20 pt 5 rebound Amar'e Stoudemire, and The next Kevin Garnett:Anthony Randolph. can they beat the pacers with collison, granger? wait...*COUGH *COUGH*, did i just say pacers, well, maybe if they get a pf

so as far as it seems to me, with a roster like the NYETS could possibly have in 2010, they are looking at 8th seed at best imo, with steep competion from the rest of the East's fodder

thoughts??

BTW: thank God my bulls arent going after Meloooooooooooooooooooooooooo, would hate to lose Noah for him, lol. im predicting that chauncey plays out this year with the nuggets unless the blazers make a push for him( pryzbilla, and 2nd round picks). kenyon martin to the bucks in exchange for michael redd, or he may have his contract bought out to play for a contending team.

J.R smith will be gone as well probably, if hes not included in the "Meloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Deal"

on a sad note: Been a Nuggets fan since 2004, when Kmart Arrived from NJ, it was a nice ride in Den, years of struggling, then finally making it to the conference finals, only to have ur best defender, and coach get injured, and have melo "Demand a trade" ( notice the air quotes). the faster this NYETS deal gets done, the faster kmart leaves the nuggets nd i go with him, farewell Nuggets fans, good luck, and for one last time, even though hes leaving, lets say it:

MELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If you are going to post can you post in a mature way.

Kingdre619
09-25-2010, 09:28 PM

In before close.

its not hate, i am a former nets fan so i dont mind them gettign melo.

but i do have a grudge of them not keeping our 03-04 team together, we had another few runs in us

CHANGO
Mmm ... Can reach the playoffs, if they get Melo, but to win a series at the other 7 teams in the East, I doubt it!

Atlanta, Orlando, Boston, Miami, Chicago, Charlotte, New York etc ...

Kingdre619
When did the Nets get Farmer?

beginning of FA

Kingdre619
09-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Mmm ... Can reach the playoffs, if they get Melo, but to win a series at the other 7 teams in the East, I doubt it!

Atlanta, Orlando, Boston, Miami, Chicago, Charlotte, New York etc ...

well that makes 8 and ur forgetting the bucks, lmao, how u put the knicks nd bobcats nd no bucks, lmao

godolphins
09-25-2010, 09:32 PM
This reminds of the thread when someone ask if miami trade for Boozer and sign Odom how good will they be. And that scenario never happened.

CHANGO
09-25-2010, 09:36 PM
well that makes 8 and ur forgetting the bucks, lmao, how u put the knicks nd bobcats nd no bucks, lmao

When I said the other 7 teams, I meant those who passed the playoffs. And the other 7 that would face the Nets, if they passed.

These teams mentioned (Atlanta, Orlando, Boston, Miami, Chicago, Charlotte, New York etc ...), which were simply occurred to me that they could go to the playoffs, did not mean that those 8 were those who would be, perhaps you did not see etc? Means that there are more teams that can enter, as the Pacers or the Bucks.

So that closes the Nets' chances of entering the playoffs, or pass the first round, now have more to worry about another team, Bucks! LMAO!

Bulls_fan90
09-25-2010, 09:39 PM
If they land Melo i think they'll make the playoffs.

xxcubs22xx
09-25-2010, 09:40 PM
No the Nets are not a playoff team. They need to win more then 12 games LOL

bctgg27
09-25-2010, 09:43 PM

but i do have a grudge of them not keeping our 03-04 team together, we had another few runs in us

So what if you're a former Nets fan. You're not anymore. There definitely seems to be some anger in your post. If the Melo deal goes down, the Nets will make the playoffs. The way it looks, they will get a point guard in return or even Aaron Afflalo as stated in recent reports.

All this "piece-o-crap" stuff is unnecessary. I am not saying Travis Outlaw is great, but his name is certainly worth mentioning coming off the bench. I am not going to trying to overrate players like Williams and James to non-Nets fans, but this team is far better than you are giving credit to.

VinceCarter
09-25-2010, 09:44 PM

The educated answers you get on this site sometimes. :rolleyes:

Forbo
09-25-2010, 09:46 PM

Someone elses team barley made the playoffs last year....

Chill_Will_24
09-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Dam what a immature way to start a thread. You should be banned from starting threads. Your like all over the place! Bulls fan, Nets fan, Nuggets fan, possibly a Knick fan seeing as your portraying them as if they're considered a team to beat... Anyway yes they are a playoff team with Melo. However let's wait for this all to be official before making idiotic threads.

VinceCarter
09-25-2010, 09:47 PM
So what if you're a former Nets fan. You're not anymore. There definitely seems to be some anger in your post. If the Melo deal goes down, the Nets will make the playoffs. The way it looks, they will get a point guard in return or even Aaron Afflalo as stated in recent reports.

All this "piece-o-crap" stuff is unnecessary. I am not saying Travis Outlaw is great, but his name is certainly worth mentioning coming off the bench. I am not going to trying to overrate players like Williams and James to non-Nets fans, but this team is far better than you are giving credit to.

:clap:

Chill_Will_24
09-25-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm shocked that noone sees the Wizards sneaking into the playoffs. I think they will be dangerous... Also surprised that they aren't in this Melo race. It IS his home after all.

G-Bay New J
09-25-2010, 09:51 PM

Former? We should already stop listening to you based on the fact that you are a bandwagon fan.

beginning of FA

:facepalm:

VinceCarter
09-25-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm shocked that noone sees the Wizards sneaking into the playoffs. I think they will be dangerous...

With the Nets improving now I see one expected playoff team to be left out I don't think anybody is "sneaking in" now.

Chill_Will_24
09-25-2010, 09:55 PM
With the Nets improving now I see one expected playoff team to be left out I don't think anybody is "sneaking in" now.

Well our Nets haven't got Melo yet so slow all that down...

knickfan4life
09-25-2010, 10:03 PM

Possible Roster:

thoughts??

wussup w/ that man? ya won 12 games w/ lopez and harris last yr... u ok? u didnt even get melo... melo is DYING to leave the nuggets and STILL wont play for ur russian billionaire LOL he dyin to come to ny, the nuggets owner dont wanna give em to us out of spite, which is where he will go wrong when this deal dont go down

RipCity32
09-25-2010, 10:05 PM
what is the deal with the knicks everybody acts like they are a top six playoff team personally i think the knicks roster looks like garbage aside from stoudemire i dont think they are even a playoff team, i really see far more talent on the pistons roster

Chill_Will_24
09-25-2010, 10:08 PM
wussup w/ that man? ya won 12 games w/ lopez and harris last yr... u ok? u didnt even get melo... melo is DYING to leave the nuggets and STILL wont play for ur russian billionaire LOL he dyin to come to ny, the nuggets owner dont wanna give em to us out of spite, which is where he will go wrong when this deal dont go down

Well even thou there's a lot wrong with this fools thread, that's one of the few points he makes sense on. You can't seriously believe that the Knicks are challenging anyone??? Their a first round exit just like the Nets... At best...

VinceCarter
09-25-2010, 10:09 PM
Well our Nets haven't got Melo yet so slow all that down...

This whole thread is hypothetical......

knickfan4life
09-25-2010, 10:10 PM
btw- nets have decent team... with melo, they make playoffs IMO... but there are 4 STRONG teams in the east, which SHOULD win the 1st round, consisting of Heat, Magic, Celtics and either Hawks or Bucks (likely 4th n 5th seeds)... so i dont think anyone else gets out of east... best chance for team to get out of first round is to get that 4th or 5th seed. any team sneaks in, they got it... and i dont think nets are deep enough or have the fire power to do so, considering they are trading harris, melo never handled the ball, he had billups and iverson to do that... farmar is not any of those guys, will be interesting to see what happens.

xabial
09-25-2010, 10:12 PM
what is the deal with the knicks everybody acts like they are a top six playoff team personally i think the knicks roster looks like garbage aside from stoudemire i dont think they are even a playoff team, i really see far more talent on the pistons roster

A part of me feels the need to quote you

knickfan4life
09-25-2010, 10:12 PM

i understand that... and we havent made a case for ourselves either, but opening a thread for your team, while bashing another is not cool...

you say we dont have the team to make it... i say the pistons wont, but do you see me making a thread saying... KNICKS GOT AMARE, hahaha PISTONS missed out, suckerssss... NO, so why does this 3yr old go and do something like that...

knickfan4life
09-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Well even thou there's a lot wrong with this fools thread, that's one of the few points he makes sense on. You can't seriously believe that the Knicks are challenging anyone??? Their a first round exit just like the Nets... At best...

i understand that and believe that... but like i said... whats the reason 4 him to call out a completely different franchise in this? he wants to make a thread about melo, go for it... but no need to thrwo knicks in there for any reason at all what so ever... what do knicks have to do with melo and if the nets will make the playoffs?

Chill_Will_24
09-25-2010, 10:14 PM

I agree... I actually see the Wizards getting in before the Knicks. All they have is Amare and hopeful potential. Randolph? Hopeful... Gallo... Overrated, unathletic, uncoordinated, clumsy... Felton? Eh kinda nice... Mozgov? Never heard of him and neither did most Knick fans before he got signed... Chandler?sucks... Mason? Nice shooter... Amare?... His knees will catch up to him soon... D'Antoni ball? Not a winning style...

VinceCarter
09-25-2010, 10:17 PM
I agree... I actually see the Wizards getting in before the Knicks. All they have is Amare and hopeful potential. Randolph? Hopeful... Gallo... Overrated, unathletic, uncoordinated, clumsy... Felton? Eh kinda nice... Mozgov? Never heard of him and neither did most Knick fans before he got signed... Chandler?sucks... Mason? Nice shooter... Amare?... His knees will catch up to him soon... D'Antoni ball? Not a winning style...

:hide:

Chill_Will_24
09-25-2010, 10:19 PM
i understand that and believe that... but like i said... whats the reason 4 him to call out a completely different franchise in this? he wants to make a thread about melo, go for it... but no need to thrwo knicks in there for any reason at all what so ever... what do knicks have to do with melo and if the nets will make the playoffs?

Well if you take your time and read it again, he's actually bashing the Nets. The Knicks were barely mentioned...

knickfan4life
09-25-2010, 10:22 PM

ok, so the nets are real nice right? whose on amare's level on your entire team? lopez is "potential" cuz he showed us 12 wins last season with a all star point guard who your dying to move now.

you have NO0oOne on your roster who would be on the knicks starting lineup besides lopez, and thats because of our lack of any proven big men and his "potential"

you get melo, the knicks are STILL a more proven team than you... amare did it with nash... melo did it with billups ONCE...

i cant BELIEVE your picking on the knicks when you won TWELVE games last season lol

avery johnson is a GREAT coach... had the BEST team in the league and lost to don nelsons run and gun haha... he's a choke artist... choked against the heat in the finals also

Robbw241
09-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Definintely not a playoff team without Melo. Definitely are with him.

knickfan4life
09-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Well if you take your time and read it again, he's actually bashing the Nets. The Knicks were barely mentioned...

like i said, no reason to MENTION the knicks... its a thread about the nets and melo and if you will make the playoffs, what is the need to bash the knicks at all

Robbw241
09-25-2010, 10:23 PM
ok, so the nets are real nice right? whose on amare's level on your entire team? lopez is "potential" cuz he showed us 12 wins last season with a all star point guard who your dying to move now.

you have NO0oOne on your roster who would be on the knicks starting lineup besides lopez, and thats because of our lack of any proven big men and his "potential"

you get melo, the knicks are STILL a more proven team than you... amare did it with nash... melo did it with billups ONCE...

i cant BELIEVE your picking on the knicks when you won TWELVE games last season lol

avery johnson is a GREAT coach... had the BEST team in the league and lost to don nelsons run and gun haha... he's a choke artist... choked against the heat in the finals also

Nowhere in his post was he saying the Nets were better then the Knicks. Learn to read.

Vinsane#15
09-25-2010, 10:24 PM

A team that failed to win a championship within the span of three years? Another run? Far from it, the Nets had no shooters, no true bigs down low, they needed an overhaul. If the Nets get Anthony to pair up with Lopez and quiet possibly CP3 in a year or two, this team can be back in contention. RJ,Kidd,Martin were fun to watch but not enough to win a ring.

VinceCarter
09-25-2010, 10:25 PM

This is how I know if somebody is worth debating with. :laugh:

knickfan4life
09-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Nowhere in his post was he saying the Nets were better then the Knicks. Learn to read.

why even mention the knicks? whats the reasoning behind it, i definitely dont see it.

uprightciti
09-25-2010, 10:26 PM

Possible Roster:

thoughts??

YOU SOUND DRUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKK :cheers:

Gators123
09-25-2010, 10:27 PM
If the Nets do get Melo, the Knicks vs Nets rivalry would be pretty good lol

Robbw241
09-25-2010, 10:27 PM
why even mention the knicks? whats the reasoning behind it, i definitely dont see it.

idk, why don't you bring it up with the OP who isn't a Nets fan. He's a Nuggets and Bulls fan so why you feel the need to retaliate on the Nets is beyond me.

bahama0811
09-25-2010, 10:28 PM
How many teams do you cheer for Kingdre? You're a Nuggets "fan", a Bulls fan, a Nets fan and probably more that I'm forgetting.

Robbw241
09-25-2010, 10:29 PM
How many teams do you cheer for Kingdre? You're a Nuggets "fan", a Bulls fan, a Nets fan and probably more that I'm forgetting.

Hes a "former Nets fan". (whatever that means)

knickfan4life
09-25-2010, 10:30 PM
This is how I know if somebody is worth debating with. :laugh:

i dont see whats so funny... please clear it up for me... thanks... you won twelve games... and your talkin smack about a team better than you... you have no0one on your roster who can even look amare in the eyes in terms of talent or value... but again, please tell me whats so funny

VinceCarter
09-25-2010, 10:30 PM

Are you going to close this thread? :laugh2: It looks like he just started it as a baiting/bashing thread.

Chill_Will_24
09-25-2010, 10:31 PM
I agree completely. However I don't go on Knick forums telling y'all how good we are. I know the Nets won 12w. I know our only sure thing is Lopez. Speaking with no homerism thou I would gladly take Lopez over Amare as of now. I would also take Harris over Felton. Favors is unproven but based on his age I would rather have him on a rookie contract than Amare at 100mil. Potential wise TWill and Randolph are even.

Gators123
09-25-2010, 10:32 PM

Possible Roster:

thoughts??

:drunk:

Robbw241
09-25-2010, 10:33 PM
i dont see whats so funny... please clear it up for me... thanks... you won twelve games... and your talkin smack about a team better than you... you have no0one on your roster who can even look amare in the eyes in terms of talent or value... but again, please tell me whats so funny

Can you really be this ****ing stupid? The person making fun of the Knicks is NOT, again I say, NOT a Nets fan.

VinceCarter

Comparing a team that has 4 returning players 1 of whom is an all star PG who was injured last year. And we had a nobody for a coach. You might as well say "Oh the Heat are going to be a first round exit because look at how Wade did in last years playoffs!!"

You can't ignore the things that drastically change a team.

CHANGO
He's a NBA Fan, you guys understand?

29$JerZ
Their backcourt is atrocious if the trade goes down imo

Obviously Melo > Harris but NJ's best backcourt player is Morrow.

Melo/Murphy/Brook is solid offensively but defensively they will struggle at every position, especially that backcourt which will be their biggest weakness.

I don't see them making the playoffs with the trade to be honest, East got a lot better and other than Boston in their division they have to deal with a revamped NY team, Philly and Turner, Washington with Wall and even Charlotte with Harris added.

Chicagofaithful
09-25-2010, 10:34 PM
First of all, Morrow is underrated... i really wanted him over Reddick, he's nasty and up and coming. But I think with Melo that team is a 6 seed at best but probably 7 or 8

Robbw241
09-25-2010, 10:34 PM
He's a NBA Fan, you guys understand?

The man clearly doesn't understand. Posters really should take an IQ test before being allowed to sign up

knickfan4life
09-25-2010, 10:35 PM
Can you really be this ****ing stupid? The person making fun of the Knicks is NOT, again I say, NOT a Nets fan.

yeh, i jus realised that my bad fellas...

i thot vince carter made the thread... mah bad.. im a man, i admit when im wrong... its cool, mah bad tho

avrpatsfan
09-25-2010, 10:35 PM
Why did you have to say Melooooooooooooooooooooooo at all? Immediately when I saw that I was like "I'm not going to read this post"

Slimsim
09-25-2010, 10:37 PM
People should wait till the NY Nets get melo first.

knickfan4life
09-25-2010, 10:38 PM
I agree completely. However I don't go on Knick forums telling y'all how good we are. I know the Nets won 12w. I know our only sure thing is Lopez. Speaking with no homerism thou I would gladly take Lopez over Amare as of now. I would also take Harris over Felton. Favors is unproven but based on his age I would rather have him on a rookie contract than Amare at 100mil. Potential wise TWill and Randolph are even.

how could this not be homerism man? if you had amare over lopez, melo would have already signed the extension to come play for you guys....

so your LYING when you say you wouldnt take amare over lopez. you would do it in a heartbeat

VinceCarter
09-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Why did you have to say Melooooooooooooooooooooooo at all? Immediately when I saw that I was like "I'm not going to read this post"

That's how I knew it was going to be a bashing thread.....:facepalm:

Then I see he bashes more than just the Nets....:facepalm::facepalm:

VinceCarter
09-25-2010, 10:40 PM
how could this not be homerism man? if you had amare over lopez, melo would have already signed the extension to come play for you guys....

so your LYING when you say you wouldnt take amare over lopez. you would do it in a heartbeat

Not a chance in hell. :laugh2:

Just because it would lure Melo isn't good enough to take him. Amare is a HUGE risk.

CHANGO
The man clearly doesn't understand. Posters really should take an IQ test before being allowed to sign up

Hahaha! LOL, approved! :clap:

Robbw241

I don't think anyone except you would take Amare over Brook when putting age, health, and contract into consideration.

RCarlson85
09-25-2010, 10:43 PM
It all depends on whether or not they trade for Carmelo. If they trade for him, I could see them making the playoffs this year. If the proposed deal goes through they could have a roster that includes: Melo, Brook Lopez, Troy Murphy, Travis Outlaw, Anthony Morrow, Terrance Williams, etc. That's good enough to get the 8th seed in my opinion. If they don't get the deal done, it will be a few years before they sniff the playoffs.

knickfan4life
That's how I knew it was going to be a bashing thread.....:facepalm:

Then I see he bashes more than just the Nets....:facepalm::facepalm:

the guy that made this is an idiot... i thought he was a net fan tlkin smack bout the knicks... when he said i was a nets fan, than was a denver fan when they were good... now im a bulls fan... hes a MORON because if your gonna b a bandwagon fan, you go with the HEAT or lakers lol or when he chose denver, it was obviously the big 3 in boston... he cant even bandwagon properly...

i know i shouldnt pick on people for stating their opinion but he deserves it for bein such a damn fool

beasted86
I hate when people are copy cats. I said "playoffs? you talking about playoffs? playoffs?" in the other thread with this same rumored trade. The OP just bit the concept completely and started a thread with it.

I don't think the Nets can make the playoffs with just Melo, Lopez and a mostly weak defensive team around them.

Chill_Will_24
09-25-2010, 10:44 PM

I'm removing Melo from the equation. Based on the players themselves I would take Lopez 10 times outta 10. Obviously factoring in Melo I would rather have Amare cuz then Melo and possibly CP3 will follow. However based on just the players I prefer Lopez.

Kashmir13579
09-25-2010, 10:44 PM
I don't think anyone except you would take Amare over Brook when putting age, health, and contract into consideration.

and possibly melo. i love that all you nets fans already think you have him.

CHANGO
09-25-2010, 10:45 PM
I think Amare always depended, of Nash. To this we add the injuries, and can be very risky. Still I think if he puts those numbers in New York, without Nash, he is a great step forward.

knickfan4life
09-25-2010, 10:45 PM

well, than why isint melo running to sign with the nets? and he wants to play with amare?

dont tell me its ny... newark is right past the holland tunnel... and theyre going to brooklyn anyways... its cause of amare

VinceCarter
09-25-2010, 10:46 PM
I hate when people are copy cats. I said "playoffs? you talking about playoffs? playoffs?" in the other thread with this same rumored trade. The OP just bit the concept completely and started a thread with it.

I don't think the Nets can make the playoffs with just Melo, Lopez and a mostly weak defensive team around them.

Avery Johnson won't allow weak defense. They'd be a playoff team.

beasted86
09-25-2010, 10:47 PM

So how is that relevant?

I think most people would take Michael Beasley over Kevin Garnett considering age, health, and contract info. But the clear truth is KG is >>(insert 100 more)>> Michael Beasley right now.

Right now Amare is better than Brook, that's all that matters.

Daze9900
09-25-2010, 10:48 PM
Your team is useless fodder. Your first round pick is useless fodder. Has bust written all over him thats why they signed Joe Smith. Don't compare them to the Knicks. If your team sucks worry about that.

Robbw241
09-25-2010, 10:48 PM
well, than why isint melo running to sign with the nets? and he wants to play with amare?

dont tell me its ny... newark is right past the holland tunnel... and theyre going to brooklyn anyways... its cause of amare
http://twitter.com/CSheridanESPN

Source tells me re C.Anthony trade, everyone waiting on Nuggets, not Melo. Nothing expected to go down tonight. Sunday looks like key day.

It's because the Nuggets are stalling

Robbw241
09-25-2010, 10:50 PM
So how is that relevant?

I think most people would take Michael Beasley over Kevin Garnett considering age, health, and contract info. But the clear truth is KG is >>(insert 100 more)>> Michael Beasley right now.

Right now Amare is better than Brook, that's all that matters.

I didn't know Melo was signing up for just a one year deal... Wait he's not. Wherever he goes, it's gonna be for at least 4 more seasons if not more so no that's not all that matters at all.

justinnum1

Lopez>Amare...Amare has a glass knee waiting to be operated on again.

beasted86
Avery Johnson won't allow weak defense. They'd be a playoff team.

The entire team, especially Brooke Lopez would have to have career years defensively just to get the Nets into the top 10 in defensive ratings.

If there were just 1 or 2 rotation players who needed work, I could see Avery making up the difference... but not when there are literally 6-7 below average defenders (based on previous career) in the 9 man rotation.

knickfan4life
I'm removing Melo from the equation. Based on the players themselves I would take Lopez 10 times outta 10. Obviously factoring in Melo I would rather have Amare cuz then Melo and possibly CP3 will follow. However based on just the players I prefer Lopez.

Well, obviously if i'm starting a franchise from scratch a la the nets, you do that, you know you cant win in the next 3-4 years, after that amare will be old... but when look at who is the better player, its amare...but you will NEVER admit that EVER...

amare is 28, has 4 years of good ball left in him, after that, hes a role player like garnett is now

but, brook needs 4 years til he gets to prime level ball... DWIGHT IS NOT EVEN THERE YET... his offense lacks BIG time... he will develop that offense tho... and by the time brook does become the amare type player, or to that level... rookie contract will be gone and he will get his pay day also... its inevitable, unless he flops, and then well, what can we say?

VinceCarter
Your team is useless fodder. Your first round pick is useless fodder. Has bust written all over him thats why they signed Joe Smith. Don't compare them to the Knicks. If your team sucks worry about that.

You're just joking right?

Okay just in case you need insight.

The Nets signed Joe Smith because he is a 35 year old proven veteran for Favors to learn from.

Robbw241
09-25-2010, 10:51 PM

Jesus Christ what is wrong with you Knicks fans??? That guy is not a Nets fan. Go bash the Nuggets or Bulls if you are angry with what he said.

Kashmir13579
09-25-2010, 10:52 PM
http://twitter.com/HOOPSWORLD

"Sources in DEN say it's looking like a deal with NJ won't go down... Carmelo headed to Denver with plans to attend Media Day in Denver." 33 minutes ago via TweetDeck

taste it..

Kashmir13579
09-25-2010, 10:53 PM
Someone elses team barley made the playoffs last year....

oh snap

knickfan4life
09-25-2010, 10:54 PM
http://twitter.com/CSheridanESPN

It's because the Nuggets are stalling

i dont believe "sources" anymore... sorry man... none of them are reliable... you and me BOTH know that from the lebron situation

Daze9900
09-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Jesus Christ what is wrong with you Knicks fans??? That guy is not a Nets fan. Go bash the Nuggets or Bulls if you are angry with what he said.

There was no need to mention the Knicks when talking about the Nets. He did it on purpose just to get Knicks fans to react. Thats what's wrong with Knicks fans like me. I kind of don't take a liking to bs like that.

knickfan4life
09-25-2010, 10:56 PM
http://twitter.com/HOOPSWORLD

"Sources in DEN say it's looking like a deal with NJ won't go down... Carmelo headed to Denver with plans to attend Media Day in Denver." 33 minutes ago via TweetDeck

taste it..

i never heard sweeter news in my LIFE!!!... but again, i'm taking it all w/ a grain of salt... cant believe sources after lebronathon

Chill_Will_24
09-25-2010, 10:56 PM

Obviously... He wants to form another big three. Lopez no matter how dominant he becomes... Even if he ever reached the level of his idol Tim Duncan, he could never be considered a superstar. He's not marketable. He's from lack of a better word, boring. Melo is not a smart man. He's got his priorities all messed up. He wants to form a big three in NY and be an icon! Coming to NJ and playing with a great no name center is not as attractive. Doesn't mean Amare is better. Just a bigger name.

knickfan4life
09-25-2010, 10:57 PM
There was no need to mention the Knicks when talking about the Nets. He did it on purpose just to get Knicks fans to react. Thats what's wrong with Knicks fans like me. I kind of don't take a liking to bs like that.

lol i did the same thing dude... i ddint read the whole original post lol, go back n read it... hes some moron bandwagon fan... talks about used to like the nets when they made a run ... than denver when they were good, now hes a bulls fan lol

dtmagnet
09-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Can we watch them play some games first? It's not like a team that looks good on paper has never flopped before right?

29$JerZ
09-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Obviously... He wants to form another big three. Lopez no matter how dominant he becomes... Even if he ever reached the level of his idol Tim Duncan, he could never be considered a superstar. He's not marketable. He's from lack of a better word, boring. Melo is not a smart man. He's got his priorities all messed up. He wants to form a big three in NY and be an icon! Coming to NJ and playing with a great no name center is not as attractive. Doesn't mean Amare is better. Just a bigger name.

Here's another take at it

If Melo really would like to form a big 3, hence the reason why'd he leave Denver who is still a good team, he can't do it in NJ.

If the proposed trade goes down they'd have Melo locked up and paired with Brook and Williams. However NJ loses a lot of assets because of it and getting a star back court player isn't easy. They'd lack any assets/PG to give back if they ever wanted to make a move at a Chris Paul, Deron Williams, etc

Not to mention Morrow/Melo/Murphy/Brook is great offensively but the coach is a defensive guy in Avery and their backcourt would likely be the worst in the NBA.

This is if you believe Melo wants to leave to form a big 3 and championship. I honestly can't see him doing this in NJ, they don't even have a good PG after the trade. Defensively that team is a wreck and your asking a lot from Brook to be your defensive anchor when Farmar/Murphy/Melo are all on the floor at the same time.

jackdawson
09-25-2010, 11:02 PM
LOL..all the bulls fans are voting for the last option. Haterde works pretty effectively for them.

Robbw241
09-25-2010, 11:04 PM

Yah but you in turn bashing the Nets makes no sense, because he is not a Nets fan.

Daze9900
09-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Yah but you in turn bashing the Nets makes no sense, because he is not a Nets fan.

Nah I just felt like doing that after reading the all the other garbage about Brook Lopez and w/e. Whatever team he is a fan of he should just go in those forums. I clicked on the link just to see if there would be something interesting to read. I actually do think the Nets can make some serious improvements but there was no point in mentioning the Knicks in anyone's post. Who cares if anyone thinks Brook Lopez is better than Amare; Knicks made the moves they needed to make and the Nets have a team that is no longer associated with last year's mark. Nets fans need to worry about climbing out of the cellar of the Eastern conference than if they are better than the Knicks. Alot of teams in the NBA are better than both of these teams who are not quite there yet in terms of being championship caliber. Just root for your own team without being negative about the other.

Daze9900
09-25-2010, 11:19 PM
You're just joking right?

Okay just in case you need insight.

The Nets signed Joe Smith because he is a 35 year old proven veteran for Favors to learn from.

No I'm not kidding. This isn't the NFL where your quarterback should sit down and learn a playbook. There are players that are raw and should sit or maybe ride the bench till they earn their way in but when you are a lottery pick and don't contribute right away I think that's part of where the NBA got watered down. Those guys should be ready to play right away. Second rounders should be the ones learning. The only position I would say that should sit is the point guard. I think thats a harder transition because of the speed and strength of the players on offense and defense. If a big man is not playing right away usually is not a good sign. Look at Anthony Randolph ppl been saying potential for years now. He still is skinny, still has that tweeny game of having better handle than most 4's but can't shoot well enough or is not fast enough to play the 3. Then ppl want him to play center somehow. I am glad to have gotten him since we could have lost Lee for nothing but back to the point. Big men when they are drafted on potential usually is not a good sign.

MELONETSMVP
09-25-2010, 11:45 PM
I think they can be the 5-8th seed

IBleedPurple
09-25-2010, 11:46 PM
In the terrible east, anything is possible. But the Nets were almost record setting.....in a bad way.

JnasD
09-25-2010, 11:49 PM

Says The Pistons Fan

PC
09-25-2010, 11:52 PM
I think they'd be right around 40 wins so it's tough to say

bholly
09-25-2010, 11:53 PM
Good title change.

IBleedPurple
09-25-2010, 11:58 PM
LOL..all the bulls fans are voting for the last option. Haterde works pretty effectively for them.

It is not just bulls fans. And if you are going to bring out the Haterade, at least spell it right. We are talking about a team that had one of the worst seasons ever.

John Walls Era
09-25-2010, 11:59 PM
If they keep Lopez and Harris, imo they will be. Even Melo and Lopez should be enough for a 7-8 seed.

VinceCarter
09-26-2010, 12:01 AM
It is not just bulls fans. And if you are going to bring out the Haterade, at least spell it right. We are talking about a team that had one of the worst seasons ever.

Tell me how this team resembles that one at ALL??

New coach, all new players. The two teams are totally different.

You might as well say the Heat aren't title contenders this year because last year they didn't make the ECF. :facepalm:

bctgg27
09-26-2010, 12:04 AM

Regardless of their record last season, adding a top 10 player like Melo will certainly get the Nets into the playoffs. What is tough to say at this point, is what other player(s) will the Nets receive in this trade. But regardless you're looking at a decent starting lineup that is playoff caliber. They may not get past the first round but they will get in. It's not me being a homer that is saying this, it's, me being a logical NBA fan.

daleja424
09-26-2010, 12:07 AM
they make the playoffs by exit quick... but they are in a good spot moving forward with pieces to build around

Kingz4L
09-26-2010, 12:07 AM
Well ill break it down this way...Nets could defeat the Wizards,Pacers,Knicks,Cavs,Sixers,Raptors,Pistons, and the Bobcats...so to answer your questions yes, they would reach the 7th seed at minimum if they aquired Melo

arkanian215
09-26-2010, 12:30 AM

Oh who's that guy with 6 teams in his sig? I wonder if he added the Heat.

Daze9900
09-26-2010, 12:39 AM
Well ill break it down this way...Nets could defeat the Wizards,Pacers,Knicks,Cavs,Sixers,Raptors,Pistons, and the Bobcats...so to answer your questions yes, they would reach the 7th seed at minimum if they aquired Melo

So they would have a winning record against the west? Stay on your west coast low ridin still listening to Dr. Dre grind. That comment made no sense. Worry about your boy speedin going 120 in a school zone or whatever he does.

THE MTL
09-26-2010, 12:44 AM
At first I answered first-second round exit, but damn thats NJ's backcourt! Farmer and Morrow?? One of the worst backcourts in the league! They would probably miss the playoffs. Now, if they manage to keep Devin Harris they can go as high as 4th seed.

knicksfan42
09-26-2010, 01:18 AM
All they have is Amare and hopeful potential. Randolph? Hopeful... Gallo... Overrated, unathletic, uncoordinated, clumsy... Felton? Eh kinda nice... Mozgov? Never heard of him and neither did most Knick fans before he got signed... Chandler?sucks... Mason? Nice shooter... Amare?... His knees will catch up to him soon... D'Antoni ball? Not a winning style...

Randolph has a ton of potential according to practically every NBA analyst out there (most recently #1 in the top 10 players to break out in 2010 article). Gallo played one season 15 PPG, 5 RPG, athletic (ranked 11 best SF by yahoo! sports) . Felton is a pretty solid PG who has never played with a big man like Amare, is a very good defender. Chandler is young averaged 15 PPG, 5 RPG, over the last 2 seasons. Mozgov, #2 ranked oversees FA by draft express. Roger Mason, pretty good shooter. Billy Walker relegated to the bench whilst on the Celtics , showed that he can still play when he was traded to the Knicks averaging 12 PPG on 52% shooting. Toney Douglas, 8.5 PPG, 1 SPG, 46% FG, 19 MPG, better than Terrence Williams. Kelenna Azubuike, 26 years old, 2008-09 season averages: 14.4 PPG, 5 RPG (second amongst guards), 46% FG, 45% 3PFG. Landry Fields, played very well in the summer league,. has a lot of potential.

Amare's knees are 100% fine and haven't bothered him in the slightest for FIVE seasons.

D'antoni, 04-05: 62 wins lost conference finals, 05-06: 54 wins lost conference finals, 06-07: 61 wins lost conference finals, 07-08: 55 wins lost first round. Clearly a winning style.

abe_froman
09-26-2010, 01:34 AM
mmmm maybe,i think they could sneak in there

SouljahPhil...
09-26-2010, 01:39 AM

Possible Roster:

thoughts??

wow..another very smart hate thread..lol

SouljahPhil...
09-26-2010, 01:40 AM
and as expected it ends up it a NY and NJ devate..lol

Hawkeye15
09-26-2010, 02:10 AM
I think I have made my opinions on Melo abundantly clear. Great player, nowhere near elite. He would not make the Nets playoff contenders if they give up Harris/Favors for him. But he will give them enough wins to mess up their draft position and hurt their growth.

SeoulBeatz
09-26-2010, 02:33 AM

Possible Roster:

thoughts??

lol quit yappin hater.

Hugbees
09-26-2010, 02:40 AM

In before close.

Because of people like you making a sig like that before it even happens. LOL

dee279
09-26-2010, 02:43 AM
Im a Terrance Williams fan, and i see him haveing a breakout year. He can play the 1-3 positons and hes highly athletic. He dominated in summer league, which i know is summer league, but its a start. I see him starting.

I see the starting five looking like this

Jordan Farmar
Terrance Williams
Melo
T Murphy
Lopez

And thats if they dont get another PG within the trade because Farmar is very inconsistenct.

dee279
09-26-2010, 02:48 AM
But i see the East coming out lilke this

1. Miami Heat
2. Orlando Magic
3. Boston Celtics
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Atlanta Hawks
6. Bucks
7. NY Knicks
8. Nets

So yes i see them fighting it out with the Bobcats at the end and making the spot and getting knocked out first round by the Heat.

SouthSideRookie
09-26-2010, 03:23 AM
Yes the Nets with Melo certainly would be a playoff team.

ChI_ShIzzLe
09-26-2010, 04:04 AM

First, I assume you meant "Haterade". Second, what the hell does that have to do with hating? Third, why the hell would we even hate on the Nets??

Too bad Heat fans didn't grow brains along with those boners this summer.

dodie53
09-26-2010, 04:22 AM
1st round exit.
dun dun dun.

Kashmir13579
09-26-2010, 04:29 AM
wow, after i voted (and many others) you changed the title and question of this thread. great job. :)

Kashmir13579
09-26-2010, 04:31 AM
Because of people like you making a sig like that before it even happens. LOL

+1. :facepalm:

Antipod
09-26-2010, 04:32 AM
Playoff team,5th seed at best... Miami/Boston/Orlando/Chicago > NJ => no second round for them.

PHX2daDEATH
09-26-2010, 04:36 AM
In the playoffs as an 8th seed if they dont get Carmelo..Avery Johnson makes this team better..

Evolution23
09-26-2010, 06:07 AM

way to be a hater, im sure you'll get real far in life with that attitude? I'm sure you've watched a lot of knick games to be talking about all their players in a negative mashion. you sound like a espn highlight guy that watches highlights and determines whos good based on that. congrats for that epic faliure. :clap:

DenButsu
09-26-2010, 08:32 AM
Melo has never failed to make the playoffs, and I don't think he's likely to miss them for the first time no matter where he ends up.

But nowhere he could end up (after losing the pieces necessary to trade for him) would be a more winning team than if he stayed with the Nuggets. Which is pretty much all you need to know to understand that, for him, this really is not about winning.

todu82
09-26-2010, 08:35 AM
First Round Exit.

IHeartNY
09-26-2010, 08:42 AM
I think the Nets are more moving forward to a: Melo, Brook Lopez, CP3 kind a thing, which could end up as a scary thing, but only by adding Melo to the current roster, I see them just getting a slighlty little better season than the last one ...

Kingdre619
09-26-2010, 08:56 AM

u know whats funny about this forum:

1: when u make apost about anyone's team ,good or bad, u get flamed and called a "hater"

2. when a team is rumored to get a great player, all their "Fans" come out, lmaoooo

Kingdre619
09-26-2010, 09:04 AM
Dam what a immature way to start a thread. You should be banned from starting threads. Your like all over the place! Bulls fan, Nets fan, Nuggets fan, possibly a Knick fan seeing as your portraying them as if they're considered a team to beat... Anyway yes they are a playoff team with Melo. However let's wait for this all to be official before making idiotic threads.

had to make it seem that way because of this forum's posters

these are the guidelines i havebeen given to post on these forums, if i dont follow them, i will be permanently baned:

-Agree that Lebron is better than Kobe

-Orlando Magic are Contenders

-Dwight Howard has a post game

- The Heat are better than the Celtics

-The Heat are the best team in the NBA

-Amar'e Stoudemire is a SUPERSTAR

- The Knicks will get CP3, MELO, and everyone else on their wish list

-Kobe is too old

-Kevin Durant is better than Carmelo

-Deron Williams is better than CP3

-The mavericks are contenders

-Kevin durant is the best player in the game today, ball or not

-Oklahoma Thunder are title contenders after taking the Lakers to 6 games in the first round

-The Jazz are contenders

-the celtics are too old

- Lebron James is not the King of the Illuminati

-Young Money is not another division of the ILLUMINATI
-------------------------------------------------------------

if i dont agree with everything on that list, ill get baned :speechless:

Kingdre619
09-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Former? We should already stop listening to you based on the fact that you are a bandwagon fan.

so ima nets fan, kenyon martin is my fav player, and he goes to the nuggets, so im on the nuggets bandwagon for the past 6 years

nice logic :clap:

Kingdre619
09-26-2010, 09:08 AM

tecnhically i am not bashing the nets, but if u wanna put it that way, i.d.g.a.s (itl take u a while to figure this one out, ill wait...)

Kingdre619
09-26-2010, 09:26 AM
i dont mind melooooooooooooooooooooooo wanting to leave, i could care less at this point, because hes an idiot, we can contend for the next 2-3 years with our current roster, and we can always draft players, and use our MLE to improve. but he wants to leave and go to a younger team so he can win with them.

as far as im concerned, i could care less, all this means is that Kmart will join a different team next year, im hoping he joins a team that can contend for a title now. all i want is for him to win a ring b4 he retires

as far as melo, unless he goes to my bulls for a 1 year rental for deng and gibson, picks, etc, i will no longer support carmelo.

and for the (insert insult here) here that say why would u want a 1yr rentel, its caus

U CANNOT GIVE NOAH AND EXTENSION, PAY BOOZER, PAY MELO, ND PAY ROSE BIG BUCKS!

i wld rather have the cap space, and offer the sixers picks for iguodala or something if we cannot get a better replacment.

as far as melo to the Knicks or nets, i would prefer the Knicks, i live in NY, born and raised, i always considered NJ just another Borough for NY in which we store our crap( stadiums, etc). so i would want melo in NY

he will play with STAT, and they will win 50 games and never win a ring, so gud luck!

im not concerned with melo too much, its about kmart and my bulls, melo can S some D if he leaves. Melooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo

bahama0811
09-26-2010, 09:52 AM
This thread is done. The OP just started it so he could tell everyone else how stupid they are.