PDA

View Full Version : Tim Lincecum Rejects "Juiced Ball" in Coors Field

Gigantes4Life
09-25-2010, 12:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4iVpgf6Lg0

Watch his reaction and then read his lips.

Jeffy25
09-25-2010, 12:35 AM
damn

Jeffy25
09-25-2010, 12:36 AM
It's stacking against those rox

CAIN=FUTURE
09-25-2010, 12:37 AM
god damn it. I just posted this in the Rockies cheating thread. :(

CAIN=FUTURE
09-25-2010, 12:39 AM
Rockies Home/Road splits
51-25 31-46 .

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/09/20/SPC21FGRMA.DTL

Idk, they may actually be cheating.

More-Than-Most
09-25-2010, 12:39 AM
This has to be looked into.

Gigantes4Life
09-25-2010, 12:40 AM
Here's another article which brings up some good points:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/5408/questions-linger-about-rockies-baseballs

Kyle916
09-25-2010, 12:41 AM
Damn... that was great.

More-Than-Most
09-25-2010, 12:44 AM
Like I posted in the other forum... There is no reason for Timmy to make it him... If it was August and he was pitching bad then I could understand... He has been lights out and was again tonight. I see some light at the end of this Tunnel.

theproof
09-25-2010, 12:55 AM
I feel like I've seen 100 amazing comeback wins from the Rockies at home over the past 3 years. I still don't think they are cheating but if something comes out proving that they do it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Here's another article which brings up some good points:

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/5408/questions-linger-about-rockies-baseballs

wow didn't know the person who transfers the balls was a Rockies employee.

ATL#22
09-25-2010, 01:03 AM
You don't hit 14 hrs in 15 games unless you are roiding or f***ing with the ball. ******* the Rockies..

Sandman
09-25-2010, 01:10 AM
wow didn't know the person who transfers the balls was a Rockies employee.
Seems like an easy fix right? The home team always has the ball boy that runs to the ump. Have the ball boys employed by MLB or the umpires. All of this goes away real quick.

hgtiger32
09-25-2010, 01:15 AM
haha this is hilarious...at a boy timmy! Giants/Twins in WS. Thats what im rooting for as a Brewers fan...

hoggin88
09-25-2010, 01:20 AM
Wow, this is crazy. This actually has something behind it now.

More-Than-Most
09-25-2010, 01:26 AM
****ing Rockies accuse us Phillies of cheating... At least we do it with integrity and just steal signs like everyone. Basically they are roiding the balls up. Is fantastic... You got to give them credit for the thought behind it.

VenezuelanMet
09-25-2010, 01:29 AM
I guess they mixed the balls on the Burrell HR. :rolleyes:

I still think this LOL ROCKIES CHEAT thing is making something out of nothing.

More-Than-Most
09-25-2010, 01:30 AM
Was it the ball they used to give up the hit as well????

Bronzbomba
09-25-2010, 01:33 AM
If they were caught cheating, what could the punishment be anyway? Is there anything of value to lose from getting caught other than integrity, which no one really cares about.

roylikeswaffles
09-25-2010, 01:36 AM
If they were caught cheating, what could the punishment be anyway? Is there anything of value to lose from getting caught other than integrity, which no one really cares about.

Draft picks? :eyebrow:

Sandman
09-25-2010, 01:37 AM
Was it the ball they used to give up the hit as well????

the balls are changed constantly and at request, and the home team is the one to supply the balls.

coors field is really the only place in the majors that could use this as an advantage.

if they arent doctoring balls, it still shows a gap in the rules where they could be doctoring balls and nobody could prove the difference. at the very least, the uncertainty is still valid and thats on MLB to fix.

Sandman
09-25-2010, 01:39 AM

I think MLB would take a much bigger hit than the Rockies. Theoretically, if the Rockies are juicing their balls, its helped them become relevant for the past few years and they've made money off of it. They've already won.

Like you said, how could they possibly penalize them? There would be no penalty. It would be a slap on the wrist and a stern talking to.

Chicagofaithful
09-25-2010, 01:42 AM
"**** your jew balls?"

Vandelay16
09-25-2010, 01:50 AM
Interesting observation there Timmy. Still not convinced they are juicing the balls but this kinda hints at it.

letsgobrownies7
09-25-2010, 02:01 AM
Thats some crazy stuff. Good video!

2009mvp
09-25-2010, 02:21 AM
Wow, this is crazy. This actually has something behind it now.

Based on this? I tend to take something an athlete says in the middle of a game with a giant grain of salt, let alone the starting pitcher in the middle of a pennant race. Perhaps Lincecum simply didn't like the feel of that one particular baseball (happens pretty often, right?). If he says something is up after the fact (shouldn't this have come up post-game? C'mon beat writers) I'd be much more willing to believe there might be some foul play.

the balls are changed constantly and at request, and the home team is the one to supply the balls.

coors field is really the only place in the majors that could use this as an advantage.

if they arent doctoring balls, it still shows a gap in the rules where they could be doctoring balls and nobody could prove the difference. at the very least, the uncertainty is still valid and thats on MLB to fix.

Actually, maybe the most interesting thing that's come out of this whole thing to me is at the tail end of Neyer's piece where he says there are a number of teams that use a humidor on baseballs. I really had no idea, I always thought this was something exclusive to Coors as well.

Sandman
09-25-2010, 02:25 AM
Actually, maybe the most interesting thing that's come out of this whole thing to me is at the tail end of Neyer's piece where he says there are a number of teams that use a humidifier on baseballs. I really had no idea, I always thought this was something exclusive to Coors as well.
I guess it could go both ways. I don't know what other teams do use a humidor.

The same way that the ball supposedly breaks less in the thin air in Coors Field, it can break a little bit more at places right on sea level.

GoatMilk
09-25-2010, 02:30 AM
so i do some research to see when they started using the humidor in Coors since it slipped my mind

i eventually go to this wiki page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juiced_ball_theory

lol which one of you Giant fans did this?

Jeffy25
09-25-2010, 02:35 AM

It's the maint guys, not the team doing it, correct?

killaT
09-25-2010, 04:21 AM
"****ing juiced balls, ********"

Public Enemy #1
09-25-2010, 05:11 AM
That was great. Makes sense though, Tulo hitting 14 home runs in 15 days can't be done without a little help... lol

Gigantes4Life
09-25-2010, 05:11 AM
Seems like an easy fix right? The home team always has the ball boy that runs to the ump. Have the ball boys employed by MLB or the umpires. All of this goes away real quick.

They're supposed to discuss this situation in the off-season. It will be interesting.

I guess they mixed the balls on the Burrell HR. :rolleyes:

I still think this LOL ROCKIES CHEAT thing is making something out of nothing.

Probably. But you can't disprove it yet.

I think MLB would take a much bigger hit than the Rockies. Theoretically, if the Rockies are juicing their balls, its helped them become relevant for the past few years and they've made money off of it. They've already won.

Like you said, how could they possibly penalize them? There would be no penalty. It would be a slap on the wrist and a stern talking to.

Take away their records? Publicly discredit their championships? Take away their 1st round draft picks for the next few seasons?

If this is true - this is something I've thought about - this would probably be the biggest case of cheating in the history of sports (up there with the NBA in general, but that's a league-wide thing anyways). You're talking about an entire organization cheating. That's so huge, almost everything about the Rockies would be tainted.

At least they most likely won't be making the playoffs this year though.

It's the maint guys, not the team doing it, correct?

I think that makes it worse.

TheNatural
09-25-2010, 05:48 AM
Tulo didn't hit all of those homers in Coors field.

But I am still laughing my *** off at the video. Lincecum has got to be one of the weirdest looking dudes to ever play baseball.

Fred
09-25-2010, 08:45 AM
"****ing juiced balls, ********"

That's what I read as well....

...juicing their balls (tee hee, that sounds dirty) hasn't gotten them closer to winning the WC (the Braves have helped them though)...screw the Rockies if that is how they gain an advantage....

giventofly
09-25-2010, 09:03 AM
Would it actually be considered a juiced ball? Or would it just be a regular, non-un-juiced ball?

C-ross12
09-25-2010, 09:11 AM
So can someone catch me up on this? From what I've read, when the rockies are down in a game, they bring out these "Juiced" balls. These balls seem to have a way to fly out of the park giving the rockies several comeback victories. Are these balls used for both teams, or just when the rockies hit?

Hollywood Butt
09-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Tulo didn't hit all of those homers in Coors field.

But I am still laughing my *** off at the video. Lincecum has got to be one of the weirdest looking dudes to ever play baseball.

My wife looked at the tv last night and insisted he was a vampire. :facepalm:

Jays Claw
09-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Now, like many of you also said, I'll be taking Lincecum's words with a grain of salt. Many players nowadays seem to say things that in reality are just said in the heat of the game. Although I'm not sure what the penalty would be if the Rockies were to be caught cheating. The only thing I see them losing is integrity and respect league wide. Maybe they'd have to give up draft picks?

1908_Cubs
09-25-2010, 10:04 AM
I was going to post about how this was ******** because it had more to do with the Rockies getting Troy Tulowitzki back, and them playing a weak schedule. Then I looked at their results since August 1st, and what the **** is anyone *****ing about?

Since August 1st they've played:
Cubs: 1 (1-0)
Giants: 5 (2-4)
Pirates: 4 (2-2)
Mets: 3 (1-2)
Brewers: 2 (2-1)
Dodgers: 9 (5-4)
Diamondbacks: 9 (4-5)
Braves: 3 (3-0)
Phillies: 1 (0-1)
Padres: 6(4-2)
Reds: 4 (4-0)

The only nice records they have are against an Atlanta Braves team that is going down the toilet and the Reds. Both series at home, and both series consecutive. 3 of the Padres wins came during their 10 game losing streak where they couldn't beat anyone. They were 1-2 when the Dodgers still had Manny, 4-2 when their lineup was trash on a stick. And out of those teams on the Braves, Phillies and Padres/Giants will be playoff bound, though, in reality, I still think Atlanta's offense is just god awful and the Padres offense is god awful. The only real quality teams were the Giants and the Phillies. And they don't have a gleaming record against them.

The Rockies have not been playing awesome baseball, at all out side of a few hot steaks. Nor have they done anything impressive other than a sweep of the Padres (during 10 game losing streak), Braves (during a time when they've been swept multiple times this month) and the Reds. At home? Sure.

Colorado pre-ASB OPS: .772
Colorado post-ASB OPS: .761

Hell, Philadelphia has a higher OPS than the Rockies do in the month of September. Maybe they're juicing the ball too.

fadedmario
09-25-2010, 10:09 AM
rockies are cheaters

thecure
09-25-2010, 10:13 AM
You don't hit 14 hrs in 15 games unless you are roiding or f***ing with the ball. ******* the Rockies..

or u r good at hitting a baseball and catch fire... just saying... or do I need to put some of this in, ********** ****, for u to hear me?

Ian.
09-25-2010, 10:14 AM
People just like to try and blame the failure of their own team on someone else cheating.

I didn't read any articles but, are they "allegedly" not putting certain balls in a humidifier? Leaving them to be like they used to be?

Is there a requirement for balls at Coors to be put in a humidifier? Is there a requirement to use one ball or another? Seems to me like they're not breaking any rules. Then again, I'm no expert on MLB rules.

nithanyo
09-25-2010, 10:24 AM

Im pretty sure the blue jays have hit more than 14 in the last 15 games

The jays actually have player 153 games and hit 237 homeruns... jus sayin:D

Sandman
09-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Im pretty sure the blue jays have hit more than 14 in the last 15 games

The jays actually have player 153 games and hit 237 homeruns... jus sayin:D

1 player hit the 14 HR in 15 games.

Not trying to say thats impossible, just clarifying

WadeKobe
People just like to try and blame the failure of their own team on someone else cheating.

I didn't read any articles but, are they "allegedly" not putting certain balls in a humidifier? Leaving them to be like they used to be?

Is there a requirement for balls at Coors to be put in a humidifier? Is there a requirement to use one ball or another? Seems to me like they're not breaking any rules. Then again, I'm no expert on MLB rules.

Yes, they are allegedly not putting certain balls in the humidifier.

And YES there is a requirement that no team does anything outside the norm to gain a competitive advantage. If you're using humidified, heavier balls for one team and drier, lighter balls for your team... that's cheating.

hoggin88

They are allegedly using normal balls when the Rockies bat and the humidified balls when the visitors bat. If it's true then how is that not breaking the rules?

hoggin88
09-25-2010, 11:42 AM
I was going to post about how this was ******** because it had more to do with the Rockies getting Troy Tulowitzki back, and them playing a weak schedule. Then I looked at their results since August 1st, and what the **** is anyone *****ing about?

Since August 1st they've played:
Cubs: 1 (1-0)
Giants: 5 (2-4)
Pirates: 4 (2-2)
Mets: 3 (1-2)
Brewers: 2 (2-1)
Dodgers: 9 (5-4)
Diamondbacks: 9 (4-5)
Braves: 3 (3-0)
Phillies: 1 (0-1)
Padres: 6(4-2)
Reds: 4 (4-0)

The only nice records they have are against an Atlanta Braves team that is going down the toilet and the Reds. Both series at home, and both series consecutive. 3 of the Padres wins came during their 10 game losing streak where they couldn't beat anyone. They were 1-2 when the Dodgers still had Manny, 4-2 when their lineup was trash on a stick. And out of those teams on the Braves, Phillies and Padres/Giants will be playoff bound, though, in reality, I still think Atlanta's offense is just god awful and the Padres offense is god awful. The only real quality teams were the Giants and the Phillies. And they don't have a gleaming record against them.

The Rockies have not been playing awesome baseball, at all out side of a few hot steaks. Nor have they done anything impressive other than a sweep of the Padres (during 10 game losing streak), Braves (during a time when they've been swept multiple times this month) and the Reds. At home? Sure.

Colorado pre-ASB OPS: .772
Colorado post-ASB OPS: .761

Hell, Philadelphia has a higher OPS than the Rockies do in the month of September. Maybe they're juicing the ball too.

It doesn't matter how they've played, they still could be cheating. Cheating won't make a team automatically play better, it just gives them a better chance to play better. Their record doesn't prove a thing.

1908_Cubs
09-25-2010, 12:58 PM
It doesn't matter how they've played, they still could be cheating. Cheating won't make a team automatically play better, it just gives them a better chance to play better. Their record doesn't prove a thing.

Exactly how would they cheat? The umpires have the balls, are the Rockies paying them off to not notice they have "juiced" balls? Because if Tim Lincicum can just touch a ball and know, then so should the umpires.

Is it team wide? Who exactly is doing it?

What's more likely: the Colorado Rockies have a massively wide conspiracy of using juiced baseballs in which they involve every home plate umpire in the league, their entire 25 man roster and the front office, or, Tim Lincicum and everyone's complaining because the Rockies have gotten hot a few times at the end of the season (much like the Oakland Athletics and Houston Astros did in the earlier parts of the decade but everyone is forgetting about because it doesn't help their arguments) and their only explanation is that they must be cheating?

Sandman
09-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Exactly how would they cheat? The umpires have the balls, are the Rockies paying them off to not notice they have "juiced" balls? Because if Tim Lincicum can just touch a ball and know, then so should the umpires.
Big Time Timmy Jim just knows. :smoking:

Mopped_you
09-25-2010, 01:18 PM

What's more likely: the Colorado Rockies have a massively wide conspiracy of using juiced baseballs in which they involve every home plate umpire in the league, their entire 25 man roster and the front office, or, Tim Lincicum and everyone's complaining because the Rockies have gotten hot a few times at the end of the season (much like the Oakland Athletics and Houston Astros did in the earlier parts of the decade but everyone is forgetting about because it doesn't help their arguments) and their only explanation is that they must be cheating?

Great point. :clap:

Sandman
09-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Can anybody come up with separate park factors for Home/Away splits?

This can't be too hard to figure out and it would provide strong evidence for/against, whatever it turns out to be.

m26555
09-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Lincecum is the ****ing man.

netsgiantsyanks
09-25-2010, 01:50 PM

or maybe your just on fire?? :pity:

giantspwn
09-25-2010, 01:55 PM
I have yet to read anything about umps being able to spot a ball that's not been humidified. They're are so many used during a game that it seems a few slipped in during certain innings definitely seem like a possibility.

This rumor can easily be shot down if the Rockies would just give evidence disclaiming it. The only thing the GM has said to discredit it, is that Tracy's "reputation and honor wouldn't allow it". That sounds like BS to me.

I will continue to believe this rumor might be true until MLB steps in or Colorado actually gives evidence that the balls aren't being tampered with.

Sandman
09-25-2010, 02:09 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/stats/splits/_/name/col/colorado-rockies

I think its funny just how bad they are on the road.

.230 AVG on the road, .301 AVG at home.

They pitch slightly better on the road.

ECCCliffy
09-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Well, thinking logically, the ball boy has to bring out more than just one ball at a time. Usually they bring out around 4-5 I would imagine. This would mean that the only way to ensure that an actual juiced ball being used next would be to make sure all of the balls are juiced. If this is the case, it is a complete gamble to bring them out in the 6th inning (the inning that Lincecum threw the ball back). The chance that the other team getting to use one of the juiced balls is fairly high and would be counter productive.

If the ball boy only brings out one ball out of the which is juiced, there is a good chance that the ball isn't selected and the other team gets to use it during their at-bat. Its not like the ball boy goes out and switches all of the umpire's balls out with new ones.

If this was really the case of using the juiced balls, it is a gamble overall.

Ian.
09-25-2010, 02:29 PM
They are allegedly using normal balls when the Rockies bat and the humidified balls when the visitors bat. If it's true then how is that not breaking the rules?

Well, as many have said after me, the umpires handle them and should know the difference. Each ball being brought out passes the ump's test (I imagine when he touches it to throw it to the pitcher.)

Is there someone who inspects the ball before the game? MLB official? Umpire? If so, are they being paid off?

Ian.
09-25-2010, 02:30 PM
I wonder if there's a box for each set in the Rockie's dugout.

"For Rockie's at-bat only- Normal ball"

"For opponents at bat only- humidified ball"

:laugh2:

Gigantes4Life
09-25-2010, 02:42 PM

Good thing people don't make conclusions on "what's more likely."

I don't believe they're doing it, because I do find it unlikely like you say. But you and I don't know what really happens there. We'll find out more when the MLB investigates.

It's still pretty irresponsible for the MLB to NOT monitor this situation.

Mike Oxlong
09-25-2010, 02:43 PM
I can see it happening but at a huge risk to the Rockies. I doubt we will ever get an answer though.

koldjerky
09-25-2010, 02:46 PM
****ing juiced ball bull ****. :pity:

1908_Cubs
09-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Good thing people don't make conclusions on "what's more likely."

I don't believe they're doing it, because I do find it unlikely like you say. But you and I don't know what really happens there. We'll find out more when the MLB investigates.

It's still pretty irresponsible for the MLB to NOT monitor this situation.

We don't know what happens there but honestly this alligation is absolute **** and you know it. And I'm almost 100% sure had this not affected the Giants you'd be in the same boat as everyone else who's a fan of a team not in the NL West looking in on this and saying to themselves "Jesus Christ this is a ******** discussion we're having".

Normally you're an amazingly level headed poster, but I think you're letting your fan-side get the best of you a little right here. Despite saying "I find it unlikely" it would seem as though you think there's possibility here, when really, the likelyhood is minute, and super remote. How the hell do they get the balls out there? What if there's some non-juiced balls left for when the Rockies hit? How do the umpires not notice? Do the Rockies pay the umps? Couldn't it just be the Rockies are actually...good?

I think this is an absurd concept to think that the Rockies could even pull this off one game, let alone over, and over, and over again.

badkins1121
09-25-2010, 04:49 PM
The Rockies can no longer monitor the entire process of using humidor balls, the San Francisco Chronicle learned. In the ninth year of the humidor era, Major League Baseball took a big step today in overseeing the process.

Starting tonight, the umpires will have more say in keeping their eyes on balls transported from the humidor to the Rockies' dugout to the umpires' ball pouch to the pitcher's hand.

The Giants filed a complaint late last night with MLB, and MLB acted.

"We did get a complaint from the Giants," MLB spokesman Pat Courtney said. "There's going to be a change to the protocal. From the point balls come out of the humidor to the umpires' room and into the dugout, there will be visual inspected at all times."

Regarding the Giants' complaint, Courtney said, "They said there was a concern about the procedings, so we changed them."
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/giants/detail?entry_id=73157

More-Than-Most
09-25-2010, 05:25 PM
There is a big difference from when an umpire holds a ball and when Timmy holds a ball... Look at what he did with the ball... the ump doesn't do that. The ump holds the ball and tosses it to the pitcher. So it could easily get passed the ump... Esp considering how long it took Timmy to react.

More-Than-Most
09-25-2010, 05:26 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/giants/detail?entry_id=73157

Lol lets see how they hit now. If they throw 12 runs on the board in the first and do it the rest of the year its a mute point

Gigantes4Life
09-25-2010, 05:32 PM
We don't know what happens there but honestly this alligation is absolute **** and you know it. And I'm almost 100% sure had this not affected the Giants you'd be in the same boat as everyone else who's a fan of a team not in the NL West looking in on this and saying to themselves "Jesus Christ this is a ******** discussion we're having".

I already said that it's highly unlikely that this is true, and I'd be shocked if it is. It would be the biggest case of cheating possibly in the history of sports.

Normally you're an amazingly level headed poster, but I think you're letting your fan-side get the best of you a little right here.

No, I don't think so. I'm very aware of the power of biases, logical fallacies, etc. I've studied it well enough to recognize when I'm violating my own principles.

Despite saying "I find it unlikely" it would seem as though you think there's possibility here, when really, the likelyhood is minute, and super remote. How the hell do they get the balls out there? What if there's some non-juiced balls left for when the Rockies hit? How do the umpires not notice? Do the Rockies pay the umps? Couldn't it just be the Rockies are actually...good?

Here's a couple notable things in an article posted by Rob Neyer.

Kevin Kahn, the Rockies' vice president of ballpark operations, said dozens of game balls are removed from the humidor (in a room near the Rockies' clubhouse) on game day, rubbed up by the umpires' attendant and deposited into a ball bag that is returned to the humidor. After the national anthem, the attendant transfers the ball bag from the humidor to the end of the Rockies' dugout.

During games, when the plate umpire is low on baseballs, a ball boy situated near the bag pulls out some and runs them to the ump.

MLB doesn't monitor the process in person, and Kahn said the umpires' attendant is a Rockies employee. So what's to prevent the Rockies from slipping in a non-humidor ball when the team needs a big rally?

"The integrity of the manager [Jim Tracy] and coaching staff would prevent that," said Kahn.

Also, if it wasn't for their absurd home/away splits (not just offense, but the fact that their pitching is almost the same at home), it probably wouldn't be mentioned so much.

Another thing, about the umpires, umpires probably don't have as great of an idea as a pitcher of an appropriate weight between the pitches. It's possible that even the pitchers can't tell. Lincecum may have just received a very heavy ball the pitch before, and then one of the lightest ones (with both being in the guidelines). Lincecum may have just not liked the feel of the ball.

I think this is an absurd concept to think that the Rockies could even pull this off one game, let alone over, and over, and over again.

It probably is.

NYYCowboys
09-25-2010, 06:03 PM
I honestly doubt they've gotten away with this for such a long time without anyone saying anything.

downsos
09-25-2010, 06:18 PM
I wonder if there's a box for each set in the Rockie's dugout.

"For Rockie's at-bat only- Normal ball"

"For opponents at bat only- humidified ball"

:laugh2:

Believe it or not, the Rockies made a commercial about this. This was made in 2007.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CWsezdJzUw

VenezuelanMet
09-25-2010, 10:13 PM
Silly Rockies they keep mixing the balls!

MelanconMadness
09-25-2010, 11:13 PM
hmm it just so happens that the team that has been accusing them from the start is the one who brings it up. Lets see someone from a team not directly involved with the original claim say something

iggypop123
09-25-2010, 11:16 PM
i guess the rockies decided to give the giants some of the juiced balls to keep to make it even.

roylikeswaffles
09-26-2010, 12:03 AM
i guess the rockies decided to give the giants some of the juiced balls to keep to make it even.

i guess the rockies decided play time was over

theproof
09-26-2010, 12:04 AM
Well the Rockies had a another huge comeback tonight. They ain't cheating. Coorse field is the ****ing Twilight Zone.

bosox3431
09-26-2010, 12:23 AM
If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

northsider
09-26-2010, 06:12 PM
It is just amazing what there splits are like on home and away.

Ian.
09-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Believe it or not, the Rockies made a commercial about this. This was made in 2007.

:laugh:

I'd never seen that before.

GoatMilk
09-27-2010, 02:45 AM

HA
this is an awesome find

thats exactly what happens at Coors dammit

thefeckcampaign
09-27-2010, 07:31 AM
This is messed up if it is true. I have the same feeling about this as I do about PED's. Mind you, I do not consider it the same as a spit ball or stealing signs. If it can not be discovered on the playing field by the umps or the other team strictly by their own eyes, then it's cheating. Everything else is stretching within the rules and the confounds of the game.

thefeckcampaign
09-27-2010, 08:18 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CWsezdJzUwClassic political move. See Horns & Halos. :)

Super.
09-27-2010, 03:32 PM
:laugh:

Double_R
09-27-2010, 03:50 PM
This is what makes Lincecum so awesome... this is also what makes Coors field a joke...

Mudvayne91
09-27-2010, 04:14 PM
I think whole state of California is a joke. The ball doesn't travel there at all, so what do they do? They make the ball parks even more of a pitchers park. They should seriously relook at some of these stats, including Cy awards for these pitchers in Cali as they do for hitting in Colorado.

tp13baby
09-27-2010, 05:03 PM

cry a little more. but if the rox are cheating i wouldnt be surprised. i am sick of them deciding to finally start playing at the end of the year. screw don baylor and the monforts. I would like a decent starting pitching staff once. if we dont score 6 runs we lose most of the time.

Gigantes4Life
09-27-2010, 05:04 PM
I do want to add one thing to this:

The Rockies may be the only team in baseball that can prove that they're using regulation baseballs. I don't think any other teams monitors the balls like they do, so I suppose they could switch the weights of them as well.

sfbayareafan
09-27-2010, 06:39 PM
I think whole state of California is a joke. The ball doesn't travel there at all, so what do they do? They make the ball parks even more of a pitchers park. They should seriously relook at some of these stats, including Cy awards for these pitchers in Cali as they do for hitting in Colorado.

why do people constantly call it Cali? :confused: lol, nobody calls it that in California.

RamOG
09-27-2010, 07:02 PM
why do people constantly call it Cali? :confused: lol, nobody calls it that in California.

Where I am from (the 805) it is indeed called Cali by many (under 50)

Atticus Finch
09-27-2010, 08:06 PM

If you want to go by stadium dimensions, there are 3 stadiums in the NL that don't have a 400 foot fence, LA, San Diego, and Pittsburgh (2 out of 3 in CA). In the AL the Angels have the shortest center field fence, the shortest right center fence, and the 2nd shortest left center fence (by 1 foot), with the fences down the lines right around league average. Oakland has the same center field fence as the Angels, with slightly longer rcf/lcf fences and slightly shorter fences down the lines.

If you want to go by the shape of the stadiums themselves, the Angels, Dodgers and A's all have symmetrical stadiums. San Diego and SF both have varying distances (including 421 in rcf for SF) with slightly higher fences.

Basically what I'm saying is that while they are all still pitchers parks, they haven't taken any extra measures to make it even more of a pitchers park. It has more to do with the heavy air and weather in California, not the ballparks themselves.