PDA

View Full Version : Will Rodman's rebounding ever be surpassed?

Hawkeye15
09-24-2010, 09:16 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rodmade01.html

There is no need to explain this. His rebound rate was out of this world. So much so, that the top 7 rebound rate seasons are all Rodman.
We have a couple of young players in D12, and Kevin Love for example, who beat his early rates. Can anyone overtake Rodman??

arkanian215
09-24-2010, 09:59 PM
It's even more impressive that he did it with some pretty good rebounders around him.

lakers4sho
09-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Rodman is a freak of nature. Our best rebounder today, Dwight Howard, even with his best rebounding season (so far), doesn't even come close to Rodman's best TRB percentages.

Sadds The Gr8
09-24-2010, 10:59 PM
18.7 rpg? and he was only 6'7, 210 that's ****ed....i dont think anyone beats that

NYKalltheway
09-24-2010, 11:04 PM
could be beaten, but almost impossible to have such a commanding rebounder again.

faze38
09-25-2010, 10:01 AM
Dwight Howard might be able to surpass him but he doesn't have any other good rebounders around him so I don't think it will be as impressive.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2010, 12:57 PM
Dwight Howard might be able to surpass him but he doesn't have any other good rebounders around him so I don't think it will be as impressive.

I don't care who is next you, grabbing 30+% of every rebound on the floor is ridiculous

Patman
09-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Hm it's hard to say if it will happen again. But i have a problem comparing Dwights stats and Rodmans by age because Rodman was 25 when he entered the league and Howard now is a 6 Year veteran and his TRB% stayed the nearly the same over the last 3 Years. Love also had only a bit of an increase between his first and second year. So i do not think he will reach the heights of Rodman but could surely become the best Rebounder in the Game today.

daleja424
09-25-2010, 03:53 PM
players these days dont have the right mindset... everyone wants to have a highlight dunk or score a lot of points...very few guys are old school enough to do something like this in todays game.

lakers4sho
09-25-2010, 04:32 PM
I think whoever in the future can match or surpass Rodman's rebounding rate is a player who is solely dedicated on getting rebounds.

Superstars like Dwight Howard have too many responsibilities on the court to focus on one specific aspect of the game.

Hawkeye15
09-25-2010, 05:09 PM
I think whoever in the future can match or surpass Rodman's rebounding rate is a player who is solely dedicated on getting rebounds.

Superstars like Dwight Howard have too many responsibilities on the court to focus on one specific aspect of the game.

Kevin Love? His rebounding is better at the same age than Rodman's was, but Love doesn't have the athleticism, and plays away from the rim is my only worry. But I could see a couple seasons in the high 20's for rebound rate

lakers4sho
09-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Kevin Love? His rebounding is better at the same age than Rodman's was, but Love doesn't have the athleticism, and plays away from the rim is my only worry. But I could see a couple seasons in the high 20's for rebound rate

I like his rebounding numbers so far, and thus his chances. Like I said, if he is delegated to a utility position where he doesn't have to carry a team offensive wise, he can focus on rebounding and thus give Rodman a run for his money.

Basketash
09-28-2010, 09:35 AM
I'll just say probably not :D

KnicksorBust
09-28-2010, 09:53 AM

Excellent point. Think about the rebounds Dwight Howard loses by playing help defense and blocking shots.

Unless the pace of the games gets faster I can't imagine anyone beating Rodman.

Khalifa21
09-30-2010, 08:22 PM
I find it funny that so many people don't think the greatest rebounder our league has ever seen isn't HOF worthy... Even with his five rings.

No one will surpass his rebounding prowess, as mentioned before, players aren't interested in this anymore. They'd rather block the ball into the 7th row or try and bring down the rim with a dunk.

bageleaterkkjji
10-08-2010, 03:54 PM

lol kevin love? if you had a team throwing up so many bricks what wouldnt you expect to get alot of rebounds:p

haggis
10-08-2010, 05:33 PM
I find it funny that so many people don't think the greatest rebounder our league has ever seen isn't HOF worthy... Even with his five rings.

No one will surpass his rebounding prowess, as mentioned before, players aren't interested in this anymore. They'd rather block the ball into the 7th row or try and bring down the rim with a dunk.

Agreed. The fact that people think he's not even close to a HOF'er boggles my mind. The dude was flat out the best at rebounding during his era...