kArSoN RyDaH
09-23-2010, 10:14 PM
http://slumz.boxden.com/f16/durant-dwight-im-not-lebrons-level-yet-1424522/

td0tsfinest
09-23-2010, 10:16 PM
He's staying humble.

ShaqShoes
09-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Clearly he's not, players like LeBron don't come around very often, no matter what you guys say you know that's true. I don't think he ever gets there but he can go down as one of the best Cs of all time. Maybe top 5 center when all is said and done?

Gators123
09-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Dwight was on twitter saying that he never said Durant was better, just that he would pick him over LeBron.

td0tsfinest
09-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Clearly he's not, players like LeBron don't come around very often, no matter what you guys say you know that's true. I don't think he ever gets there but he can go down as one of the best Cs of all time. Maybe top 5 center when all is said and done?

Center? Who are you talking about? Dwight?

Giaps
Kid always comes out of things looking good.

Gators123
dude I said I would pick Kevin not lebron to play on my team. Not that he's better. Espn took suntin and ran with it

http://twitter.com/DwightHoward/status/25356132229

nobody said he was better. Dude asked who would I pick between them two. So I said kd.

http://twitter.com/DwightHoward/status/25346393501

Raidaz4Life
09-23-2010, 10:21 PM
I <3 Durant! The kid is my hero!

Chronz
09-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Has anyone ever developed as fast as KD?

saintdrew
09-23-2010, 10:23 PM
This thread is so pointless/irrelevant. How are we supposed to comment on this?

Person 1: "Oh I think Durant is already better than LeBron!"
Person 2: "No he's not, man! You're gay and stupid!"
Person 1: "Dwight Howard is a liar! You don't know ANYTHING about basketball!"
Person2: "Do too!"
Person 1: "Do not!"

td0tsfinest
09-23-2010, 10:25 PM
Has anyone ever developed as fast as KD?

Lebron?

Hustlenomics
09-23-2010, 10:25 PM
that kid is so humble even when he's the best player in the league he won't say it

ShaqShoes
09-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Center? Who are you talking about? Dwight?

Yes. What I meant was that if Dwight develops a better offensive game and continues to develop his defensive game then he has a shot at being a top 5 center all time.

EDIT: I didn't read the title right or bother to click on the article! My mistake! My post is off topic in that case.

td0tsfinest
09-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Yes. What I meant was that if Dwight develops a better offensive game and continues to develop his defensive game then he has a shot at being a top 5 center all time.

Thats why I'm confused. KD didn't say anything about Dwight's ability or vis versa. So why are we talking about Dwight being a top 5 center all of a sudden?

WadeKobe
09-23-2010, 10:36 PM

No. He absolutely does not. Dwight is a good center but honestly people must either be young or not have done their research.

Center is the most stacked position talent-wise in the history of the game as far as serious "greats" go.

1) Shaq
2) Wilt
3) Russell
4) Kareem
5) Olajuwon

Do you REALLY think that Dwight is going to edge out one of THOSE guys?

Behind him you have:

6) Mikan
7) Robinson
8) Malone

You think he'll be better than Mikan, Moses or The Admiral?

There is just absolutely no way Dwight makes it into top 5 centers. In all honestly, he'll never make it into top 10. In order to sneak into one of the last 2 spots he has to surpass....

Ewing
Reed
Walton
Mourning
Parish

Just to name a few.

The best Dwight can hope for is top 15. Sucks, but that's what happens when you play center in the NBA.

ShaqShoes
09-23-2010, 10:38 PM
No. He absolutely does not. Dwight is a good center but honestly people must either be young or not have done their research.

Center is the most stacked position talent-wise in the history of the game as far as serious "greats" go.

1) Shaq
2) Wilt
3) Russell
4) Kareem
5) Olajuwon

Behind him you have:

6) Mikan
7) Robinson
8) Malone

There is just absolutely no way Dwight makes it into top 5 centers. In all honestly, he'll never make it into top 10. In order to sneak into one of the last 2 spots he has to surpass....

Ewing
Reed
Walton
Mourning
Parish

Just to name a few.

The best Dwight can hope for is top 15. Sucks, but that's what happens when you play center in the NBA.

Maybe who knows he's still young anyways I read the thread wrong sorry forget what I said! I will now leave the thread to avoid any more embarrassment!

WadeKobe
09-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Maybe who knows he's still young anyways I read the thread wrong sorry forget what I said! I will now leave the thread to avoid any more embarrassment!

Haha. It's cool. Plenty of people are guilty of misreading. At least you recognized it.

I hear ya about Dwight being young and talented. He's a great player. But, like I tried to show, he's up against insurmountable odds at the Center position. No chance of cracking top 5.

Yunqn
09-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Lebron?

lol people are always stuck into now..

its like people saying lil wayne is the best alive when jay -z never died..

kd wont do anything remotely close to lebron on a nighty basis as easy as it comes..

do people forget lebron took cleveland to the finals with larry hughes as his second best player? i mean kobe had lamar odom and couldnt get to the 2nd round but people run around saying he's better..sorry but not close..lebron did look stupid for leaving on tv.. but umm kobe has a rape charge and a publice trade demand on espn.. but oh does winning cure everything.. grow up he's the best player hands down and is no sidekick at all he wants to win and be in south beach coming from cleveland.. you guys come up with stupid sh#t everytime i read about whos better or trades and what if's every single time.. can we get back to actually discussing and debating what teams are better with actual proof?

when you judge players in the league or history theres nothing really close to lebron besides jordan and maybe two or three others..

this is how you judge a player

1st. wins
2nd. talent
& 3rd. a will to win even if your team is terrible

im sorry people but kd wont be close to lebron.. ya forget this kid is 25.
i dont see kd getting 2 mvps,finals 2 time best records and nearly triple doubles nightly in cleveland with no quality coaches at all ala kobe,wade i mean the list goes on forever..

Law25
09-23-2010, 11:20 PM

kd wont do anything remotely close to lebron on a nighty basis as easy as it comes..

do people forget lebron took cleveland to the finals with larry hughes as his second best player? i mean kobe had lamar odom and couldnt get to the 2nd round but people run around saying he's better..sorry but not close..lebron did look stupid for leaving on tv.. but umm kobe has a rape charge and a publice trade demand on espn.. but oh does winning cure everything.. grow up he's the best player hands down and is no sidekick at all he wants to win and be in south beach coming from cleveland.. you guys come up with stupid sh#t everytime i read about whos better or trades and what if's every single time.. can we get back to actually discussing and debating what teams are better with actual proof?

when you judge players in the league or history theres nothing really close to lebron besides jordan and maybe two or three others..

1st. wins
2nd. talent

i dont see kd getting 2 mvps,finals 2 time best records and nearly triple doubles nightly in cleveland with no quality coaches at all ala kobe,wade i mean the list goes on forever..

Really? He was proven innocent? which means the ***** Lied to put it to where you can understand it. So says the courts. Now you can be an Dick trying to thow off, or an dick who always believes athletes get over because of money, which shows jealousy more than any in my opinion. Or you can be like many who understand some get over, but theres no way of proving it so we can only hope the courts did there job.

CLASSOF72
09-23-2010, 11:25 PM
Wow, I didn't realise Durant thought so little of himself. The only thing LeWanda has going for him is tallent. LeWanda has no "level" to mention. Personaly i think Durant may find a "level" before LeWanda does.

mshan5
09-23-2010, 11:28 PM

1) Shaq
2) Wilt
3) Russell
4) Kareem
5) Olajuwon

Behind him you have:

6) Mikan
7) Robinson
8) Malone

Ewing
Reed
Walton
Mourning
Parish

Just to name a few.

THIS!!! Whoever you are, thank you so much. I was starting to lose hope that all NBA fans were blinded by Dwight Howard's side show. No way can he compete with any of the aforementioned names unless he improves his offensive game and stops slapping shots into the 12th row and starts being more fundamentally sound by utilizing his timing and athleticism to grab shots and tip them to teammates, starting fast breaks.

CLASSOF72
09-23-2010, 11:29 PM

1st. wins
2nd. talent

Uh? 1 out of three doesn't bring LeWanda the no ring king of noone into the conversation.

Law25
09-23-2010, 11:42 PM

1st. wins
2nd. talent

Comparing the East to the West at that time flaws your argument in so many ways. Lebron left an city who was trying there best to give him their all, ad i believe he gave his also, it just didnt workout. Kobe was pist with an organization that at the time was milking his prime with an cast of players that for the most park are not in the league right now. Also they were completely OK with him being the excape goat for Shaq leaving. It wasnt until Kobe got feed up did they start shedding light on the real reason Shaq left which was for the most part between Buss and Shaq , and when they actually began building an team around him.

I dont know why im even going through this with you. Your most likely on the East coast commenting on **** that happen over here on the West. So your running with half an story. Or just looking for an reason to reason to hate, and wont let go of it even tough its flawed.

This isnt an Kobe better than Lebron argument. Its more of an Apple to Oranges argument. It depends on your choice of fruit, but its all opinion. Dont diss one in atempts to praise the other.

You are right on on point, Durant is no Lebron. At this point at least.

tredigs
09-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Uh? 1 out of three doesn't bring LeWanda the no ring king of noone into the conversation.

I like when random internet dweebs mock dudes that are undoubtedly 3x their size and have accomplished more in their life than most can ever dream of.

But, I digress. I'll stop feeding the trolls.

In other news, this thread is ridiculous. I mentioned his comment in the other thread dedicated to this topic, and it should probably just be left at that. This really isn't too newsworthy, is it?

NBA reg. season, you can't start soon enough!

Truheatfan
09-23-2010, 11:55 PM
this guy is a class act i really like his attitude and work ethic and he will 1 day be the best in the league if okc can get him a dominant post player they will be contenders for years to come

fadedmario
09-24-2010, 12:00 AM
If I was building a team and I had the first pick in a fantasy draft - I'd pick Durant.

dee279
09-24-2010, 12:27 AM
If I was building a team and I had the first pick in a fantasy draft - I'd pick Durant.

I would pick Lebron because hes accomplished so much and hes still really young. Durant is younger, but Lebron is an all around better player and i think he would be more durable down the line. Durant played in almost all his games in his career so far if not all, but with his thin build, idk if he could keep doing that. Lebron is built like a tank with crazy athleticism and hes pretty good at everything. If Wade was younger, i would pick him hands down really though. With Wade, Durant, Kobe, and Lebron, IMO, you just cant go wrong. Those 4 players are amazing in so many ways. They are able to do just about everything and to say whose better is really impossible. YOu can give your opinion, you can look at stats, you can do all that but still will not be able to say whose best because they are all well rounded and just great players.

StevenU2009
09-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Now that the topic seems to have switched to all time center list-that was a pretty good one with one MAJOR crazy positioning...and I love Shaq-really, I do, but he is NOt #1.
Russell
Wilt
Olajuwon
Kareem
Shaq
I think the highest you can argue is for #3 (for Shaq)
I think Russell over Wilt and Olajuwon over Kareem and Shaq because the Center position is defensive leader first and foremost-and that's why Dwight can crack the second 5.
The era of Mikan going against 6'5" and 6'6" guys really doesn't translate
second 5
Moses
Ewing
Dwight (with 5 more good years)
Admiral
Reed/Walton

fadedmario
09-24-2010, 12:37 AM
Now that the topic seems to have switched to all time center list-that was a pretty good one with one MAJOR crazy positioning...and I love Shaq-really, I do, but he is NOt #1.
Russell
Wilt
Olajuwon
Kareem
Shaq
I think the highest you can argue is for #3 (for Shaq)
I think Russell over Wilt and Olajuwon over Kareem and Shaq because the Center position is defensive leader first and foremost-and that's why Dwight can crack the second 5.
The era of Mikan going against 6'5" and 6'6" guys really doesn't translate
second 5
Moses
Ewing
Dwight (with 5 more good years)
Admiral
Reed/Walton

Bill Laimbeer should be on this list

StevenU2009
09-24-2010, 12:39 AM
Dwight was just saying he likes KD better
Obviously Lebron, despite his disasterous summer from a pr standpont is the best player in the league-and Kd will never be the all around player LeBron is-but he seems headed to all time great-top 50 player-and maybe a top 5 all time scorer-not shabby at all and a really nice guy-just not equal as a player
I don't even like LeBron and MJ was 5 times the player-but LeBron is almost like MJ and magic mixed-his passing is still his best talent which is very unusual

StevenU2009
09-24-2010, 12:41 AM
disagree on laimbeer-that TEAM had so much tough guy support for him-and he was not a shot blocker nor a rebounder, nor a post up scorer even thoughhe was tough and a good shooter and great fit for that team-in fact the big omission is Nate Thurmond-the Best Center No One Remembers (they did not yet record blocked shots in his day-only Russell was better-probably ever)

Mplsman
09-24-2010, 01:37 AM
Gotta love how humble the kid is.

Jaji
09-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Dwight Howard is an idiot and is making himself look very insecure. The only reason Orlando made it to the Finals is because Garnett was hurt. Get over yourself!

jackdawson
09-24-2010, 07:01 PM
Once again KD shows class here. He basically said "STFU with these B.S. people, let me play my game. Stop overrating me and make people not like me! Let me be classy and be loved as I have been past 3 years."

ManRam
09-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Hey strangers!

Durant speaks the truth. Dwight only said what he said because LeBron is now his biggest divisional rival. Only a fool thinks LeBron is worse than Durant...and Durant isn't a fool; he's a class act. A very great player- not LeBron James-caliber- but the exemplary role model that LeBron once was and almost just as good at the same age.

Props to Durant.

Avenged
09-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Once again KD shows class here. He basically said "STFU with these B.S. people, let me play my game. Stop overrating me and make people not like me! Let me be classy and be loved as I have been past 3 years."

Dang! you got all of that just by what he said? :p

Gators123
09-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Hey strangers!

Durant speaks the truth. Dwight only said what he said because LeBron is now his biggest divisional rival. Only a fool thinks LeBron is worse than Durant...and Durant isn't a fool; he's a class act. A very great player- not LeBron James-caliber- but the exemplary role model that LeBron once was and almost just as good at the same age.

Props to Durant.

Who is this guy? :eyebrow:

TheTakeOver24
09-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Didnt Durant say earlier this summer that he's not on paul Pierce's level yet??
This kid is super respectful and humble... Much props.

jackdawson
09-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Hey strangers!

Props to Durant.

ManRam!!!