PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Spurs to consider trading Tony Parker?

spreadeagle
09-23-2010, 04:39 PM
This is not the first time Tony Parker’s name has been floated out in trade rumors. Last season, there was some rumbling, but it passed over quickly. With Tony entering the final season of his current deal with the Spurs, there’s no telling what the future holds for the point guard and his current employer.

Both sides continue to say the right things — the Spurs insist that Parker had a great offseason; Tony views the upcoming season as his final chance to win a title with Duncan and co. — but it’s not inconceivable to see them parting ways.

According to the Express-News, depending on how well (or badly) things go for the Spurs early on in the season, Parker could end up on the trading block:

This should be clear: He’s not Carmelo Anthony, another entering the final season of his contract. Parker wants to be here this season, and he wants to win. And if Parker resumes his All-Star status while the Spurs win? There might be the same franchise urgency to find a contractual compromise as there was with Ginobili late last season.

But everything else is also possible. If the Spurs don’t begin their season well, they will look to deal their most tradeable asset. And, when the season is over, they could lose Parker to free agency, no matter how well he plays … There are indications Parker is open to everything. Sometimes he has said he wants to stay, as he told the Express-News in May when trade rumors surfaced. And sometimes he sounds as if he would embrace change. “It would be … maybe a good challenge for me to go elsewhere,” Parker told the French newspaper publication, L’Equipe, in June. “If I leave, I can make another career — eight, nine years in a different club.”

The report goes on to suggest that Parker would like to play in New York (drawing largely from comments made by both Amar’e Stoudemire and Tony’s wife, Eva Longoria.)

Gregg Popovich claims that the Spurs consider themselves true title contenders. With Tony Parker’s contractual situation looming over everything, he and everyone realizes that this could very well be the last run for this particular group in San Antonio.http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/09/spurs-to-consider-trading-tony-parker/

spreadeagle
09-23-2010, 04:41 PM
They have George Hill,good chance they trade him cause they wont want to pay him the big money he will want

ShaqShoes
09-23-2010, 04:43 PM
I think he stays.

Hawkeye15
09-23-2010, 04:54 PM
I think they keep him another year. Duncan and Manu are getting older, and Parker is still better than Hill. They can contend for a title this year if health is on their side, and Hill is not ready to be the lead PG on a championship team. They may be going into rebuilding mode a bit quicker than they need to by doing this. The only way it would work is if they got back player(s), who can keep them on top. Trading Parker for picks/young talent isn't necessary quite yet

spreadeagle
09-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Might sound crazy....Knicks trade Felton and Chandler or Gallo for Parker..then Just wait to sign Melo in F.A...Parker Melo Amare another big 3

ShaqShoes
09-23-2010, 05:02 PM
Might sound crazy....Knicks trade Felton and Chandler or Gallo for Parker..then Just wait to sign Melo in F.A...Parker Melo Amare another big 3

You're right. That does sound crazy.

spreadeagle
09-23-2010, 05:06 PM
You're right. That does sound crazy.

The whole NBA has been crazy lately lol never know what to think

Mplsman
09-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Spurs are getting old, this wouldn't surprise me.

ShaqShoes
09-23-2010, 05:10 PM
He is the same age as Wade, and is alot younger than Ginobilli and Duncan.

spreadeagle
09-23-2010, 05:19 PM
He is the same age as Wade, and is alot younger than Ginobilli and Duncan.

Seems like hes 35 for some reason

SteveNash
09-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Spurs should have dumped Parker in 03.

Should have dumped Ginobili/Duncan in 08.

It really is too late to do anything now.

oak2455
09-23-2010, 05:28 PM

But his wife is HOTTTT:drool:

Slimsim
09-23-2010, 05:29 PM
What's with all these guys and their hot wifes wanting them to come to NY ?

jackdawson
09-23-2010, 05:32 PM

:facepalm::facepalm:

rockets-fan
09-23-2010, 05:32 PM

i actually lioke this idea...felton and gallo...felton is a good pg and gallo is a future star...so ehy not

jetsfan28
09-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Parker trades have been rumored since Jason Kidd was a free agent 7 years ago. He hasn't moved since and he isn't moving now

spreadeagle
09-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Parker trades have been rumored since Jason Kidd was a free agent 7 years ago. He hasn't moved since and he isn't moving now

But they got George Hill now,a younger cheaper version of Parker.They have to rebuild soon

Young24
09-23-2010, 05:54 PM
i actually lioke this idea...felton and gallo...felton is a good pg and gallo is a future star...so ehy not

Gallo is not a future star, please stop. That trade also wouldn't be good for the knicks IMO.

I don't believe he'll get traded, he's one of the only few players whom are actually loyal to their team and would rather win with their team then try to win on someone elses team.

AlexTmz2
09-23-2010, 05:59 PM

:facepalm: Too late for what. They've won championships together.

spreadeagle
09-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Gallo is not a future star, please stop. That trade also wouldn't be good for the knicks IMO.

I don't believe he'll get traded, he's one of the only few players whom are actually loyal to their team and would rather win with their team then try to win on someone elses team.

He said himself it might be a good challenge to go play somewhere else

Milos--CCCC
09-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Yes please stop with the whole Gallo being a star talk lmaoo

spreadeagle
09-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Yes please stop with the whole Gallo being a star talk lmaoo

Hes nice,he wont be Durant but he could be a boarder line all star

JordansBulls
09-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Trade him to the Knicks.

TylerSL
09-23-2010, 06:53 PM
this has been a rumor, there were multiple rumors about the Knicks getting him before they got Raymond Felton.

Rafer17
09-23-2010, 06:57 PM
I think he stays. Spurs management doesnt do big trades like this

JRisdabest
09-23-2010, 07:16 PM
The baron for parker straight up.

dodie53
09-23-2010, 07:19 PM
i think he goes,
they have Hill now.

Carter305
09-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Lmaoo!!!!!! @ the real big three

knicks=love
09-23-2010, 07:45 PM

i'd like that as a knick fan. i haven't really seen felton play, and put chandler there. only thing is that this would have to wait until december because the knicks can't trade anyone they just signed in free agency until like december 13th or something like that

Young24
09-23-2010, 08:02 PM
He said himself it might be a good challenge to go play somewhere else

Yea I know that's if he gets traded, he's not demanding a trade.. If he doesn't have a NO-Trade he has no say whether he's traded or not, lol

NYYCowboys
09-23-2010, 08:17 PM

No way would the Knicks ever do this. They are reluctant to include Gallo in a deal for Melo they def won't trade him AND Felton for a guy who's best years are behind him.

Joshtd1
09-23-2010, 09:36 PM
Dont see him being traded. Pretty sure Spurs wont get his value worth, if we are going to lose him we might as well atleast try one year with the big 3 together.

kdspurman
09-24-2010, 09:20 AM

Doesnt sound crazy at all. I heard this as a rumor a couple months ago and it benefits both sides. Chandler would be a great addition to play either the starting pos at the 3 or behind RJ since we are lacking a backup SF. Obviously Felton doesnt replace TP but you're getting a solid PG not someone who is really old or someone who is really young and inexperienced.

kdspurman
09-24-2010, 09:23 AM

:facepalm: another person who goes off what they hear. The spurs are getting YOUNG. They have 3 players over 30 and thats Duncan, Manu, & Dice. RJ Just turned 30 in June, and everyone else is in their early-mid 20's. If you're going to post something at least know what you're talking about

krest213
09-24-2010, 09:50 AM
as a spurs fan
NY can get parker
as long we get Anthony Randolph and Toney Douglas or segio rodriguez

awmathewsjr
09-24-2010, 09:51 AM

:facepalm:

jezzyman05
09-24-2010, 10:04 AM

Almost a bad post except for the fact that I totally agree with you in regards to they should have dumped Ginobili in 2008, other than that your post is bad

NYKNYGNYY
09-24-2010, 10:09 AM

just no...stop

jezzyman05
09-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Dont see him being traded. Pretty sure Spurs wont get his value worth, if we are going to lose him we might as well atleast try one year with the big 3 together.

I couldn't disagree with you more

The spurs should trade Parker, George Hill have proven that he can run the offense, get what you can for Parker and start moving forward, yes we have 1-2 more years with duncan and we should try and make that last run with him, but it would be alot smarter to get either picks or younger solid player for Parker.

jezzyman05
09-24-2010, 10:11 AM
:facepalm: another person who goes off what they hear. The spurs are getting YOUNG. They have 3 players over 30 and thats Duncan, Manu, & Dice. RJ Just turned 30 in June, and everyone else is in their early-mid 20's. If you're going to post something at least know what you're talking about

ESPN I tell ya

SouthSideRookie
09-24-2010, 11:01 AM

I think what most people mean is that Duncan, Manu and Parker are getting old. Those are the players that really matter as far as the Spurs being contenders.

oak2455
09-24-2010, 11:16 AM

I think what most people mean is that Duncan, Manu and Parker are getting old. Those are the players that really matter as far as the Spurs being contenders.

not that I agree with the posters but anything Knicks you:facepalm: at least have something to say an argument or something....going forward take that blonde off your sig she's a butta face:speechless::speechless:

spreadeagle
09-24-2010, 11:18 AM
not that I agree with the posters but anything Knicks you:facepalm: at least have something to say an argument or something....going forward take that blonde off your sig she's a butta face:speechless::speechless:

Facepalm's need to be saved for the most insane post's.I only break them out monthy lol

oak2455
09-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Facepalm's need to be saved for the most insane post's.I only break them out monthy lol

I agree .......btw great sig and link on bottom:D

spreadeagle
09-24-2010, 11:25 AM
I agree .......btw great sig and link on bottom:D

Thanks mang:D

SouthSideRookie
09-24-2010, 11:29 AM

PSD should really ban immature little girls like this, shes been called out on several ocaasions for not posting anything "insightful or intelegent post". I'm not going to go back and forth with a child on this. respond all you want, you're just spitting against the wind here!

oak2455
09-24-2010, 11:40 AM
PSD should really ban immature little girls like this, shes been called out on several ocaasions for not posting anything "insightful or intelegent post". I'm not going to go back and forth with a child on this. respond all you want, you're just spitting against the wind here!

By who?? your post make no sense what so ever.. Rockets fan. So go post on your merry way and I'm not the only one who agrees, you have nothing to say that makes any sense whats so ever. Banned for what pointing out the obvious, everytime a Knicks fan makes a post or trade proposal you facepalm them...... Like I said before at least make a argument why but that takes some thinking I guess:) Little girls thats cute.....waste of time...

IndyRealist
09-24-2010, 11:51 AM

He came into the league when he was what, 18? Had been playing pro ball in europe for a few years too if I remember correctly. I could be wrong, at work so I don't care to look it up.

Sadds The Gr8
09-24-2010, 11:56 AM
if they feel like trading him, they should trade him here. we'll accept him with open arms.

RedRicanoBx
09-24-2010, 12:11 PM

both young upcoming stars -__- i wouldnt take it smh maybe i would if parker was in his prime but uh no... ill pass...

colinskik
09-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Go do something else.