PDA

View Full Version : CP3/Melo or Deron/Durant

JordansBulls
09-23-2010, 01:54 PM
CP3/Melo or Deron/Durant

Which duo would you rather build a team around?

JordansBulls
09-24-2010, 08:48 AM

todu82
09-24-2010, 09:35 AM
Paul and Anthony

MinVikesFan
09-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Deron and Durant.

Khalifa21
09-27-2010, 08:36 PM
CP3 and Melo quite easily for me...

Baller1
09-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Deron > Paul
Durant > Melo

Pretty easy for me.

WadeKobe
09-28-2010, 01:38 AM
CP3 is easily better than DWill when healthy. However, he hasn't proven he can stay healthy.

Durant is much better than Anthony, so I'll take the team with the better scorer and the healthy PG.

JordansBulls
09-28-2010, 02:58 PM
CP3 is easily better than DWill when healthy. However, he hasn't proven he can stay healthy.

Durant is much better than Anthony, so I'll take the team with the better scorer and the healthy PG.

:confused:

Baller1
09-29-2010, 02:35 AM

Can we not go over this again? Durant is pretty much far superior to Melo. It's a fact.

As for Deron and Paul, it's really a toss up. To me, it's just simply who someone prefers. I personally prefer Paul, but I'm not surprised by people choosing CP3.

WadeKobe
09-29-2010, 02:56 AM
Can we not go over this again? Durant is pretty much far superior to Melo. It's a fact.

As for Deron and Paul, it's really a toss up. To me, it's just simply who someone prefers. I personally prefer Paul, but I'm not surprised by people choosing CP3.

Toss up?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=paulch01&y1=2010&p2=willide01&y2=2010

Chris Paul is better by a landslide. It's not even mildly close.

However, as I said before... Chris Paul cannot stay healthy. Therefore I'll take a healthy DWill and Durant over Melo with CP3 wearing a suit on the sidelines. All day. Every day.

WadeKobe
09-29-2010, 02:57 AM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=paulch01&y1=2010&p2=willide01&y2=2010

Can you tell me where this is even a topic for discussion?

Chris Paul is better in every single category. Advanced, Per minute, or per game. Chris Paul is better in every category except eFG% and 3pt%....

That's all. It's not even close.

Baller1
09-29-2010, 03:00 AM
Toss up?

Chris Paul is better by a landslide. It's not even mildly close.

However, as I said before... Chris Paul cannot stay healthy. Therefore I'll take a healthy DWill and Durant over Melo with CP3 wearing a suit on the sidelines. All day. Every day.

Again, it's a matter of opinion.

My stubbornness won't allow me to change my mind. I've always thought Deron is the better player. Just my opinion; I've seen the stats.

WadeKobe
09-29-2010, 03:05 AM
Again, it's a matter of opinion.

My stubbornness won't allow me to change my mind. I've always thought Deron is the better player. Just my opinion; I've seen the stats.

Thanks for being honest. It's a little sad, though. Being humble enough to change one's mind is one of the greatest virtues any person can possess.

Baller1
09-29-2010, 03:21 AM
Thanks for being honest. It's a little sad, though. Being humble enough to change one's mind is one of the greatest virtues any person can possess.

It's just always been my opinion; always. Even before all these advanced statistics started getting popular. I love his game, and he seems like he's always in control.

I always keep my mind open and am willing to listen to another individuals argument/belief/claim/etc., but in this case. I don't see myself changing my mind.

Ovratd1up
09-29-2010, 01:37 PM

This exactly.

JordansBulls
09-29-2010, 03:33 PM

Can you tell me where this is even a topic for discussion?

Chris Paul is better in every single category. Advanced, Per minute, or per game. Chris Paul is better in every category except eFG% and 3pt%....

That's all. It's not even close.

Deron has led his team to upsets in the playoffs quite a few times. Here is a question? Do the Jazz upset the Nuggets last year with CP3 instead of Deron?

WadeKobe
09-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Deron has led his team to upsets in the playoffs quite a few times. Here is a question? Do the Jazz upset the Nuggets last year with CP3 instead of Deron?

A healthy CP3? Absolutely, yes. CP3 is much better overall in his skills and has simply never had the team that Deron has had. Give CP3 the team Deron had and he definitely accomplishes all the playoff success Deron has. Easily.

I've said it 1,000 times on here. Playoff success is an indicator of the team. Not the player. I don't bite on that hook.

JordansBulls
09-29-2010, 04:57 PM
A healthy CP3? Absolutely, yes. CP3 is much better overall in his skills and has simply never had the team that Deron has had. Give CP3 the team Deron had and he definitely accomplishes all the playoff success Deron has. Easily.

I've said it 1,000 times on here. Playoff success is an indicator of the team. Not the player. I don't bite on that hook.

How is this the case? He had David West who was an allstar. Peja who finished 3rd in MVP voting one year and was a star and a defensive center in Chandler.

Deron only had Boozer and he had no defensive bigs down low and upset the Rockets twice and then Denver.

i.got.the.nutz
09-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Durant is so much better than the rest of the players in this comparison, its not even funny. To not side with Deron/Durant is mind boggling.

CHANGO
10-01-2010, 06:54 PM
A healthy CP3 and Melo, hands down...

JordansBulls
02-08-2011, 02:07 PM
On their play this year, who you got?

rhino17
02-08-2011, 09:00 PM
I'll take Deron and Durant

Deron is the best PG in the NBA, Durant is slightly better than Melo

Raph12
02-09-2011, 12:41 PM
CP3 right now is better than DWill has ever been, so think about when he is healthy... Melo is a better passer than KD, both are decent rebounders (Melo is slightly better), KD is a better defender and both are good/great scorers (KD is slightly better)...

Give me CP3-Melo

JordansBulls
02-10-2011, 08:58 PM
I'll take Deron and Durant

Deron is the best PG in the NBA, Durant is slightly better than Melo

I dont think Deron is the best PG in the league.

rhino17
02-10-2011, 09:57 PM
I dont think Deron is the best PG in the league.

I definitely do. He can do it all, moreso than any PG in the NBA

JordansBulls
02-11-2011, 12:16 PM

As far as ability I agree. I just think now he is in the same situation as CP3.

Raph12
02-11-2011, 01:11 PM
CP3 is better than Deron in each and every facet of the game... No contest, CP3 is hands down the best PG on the planet.

rhino17
02-11-2011, 05:14 PM
CP3 is better than Deron in each and every facet of the game... No contest, CP3 is hands down the best PG on the planet.
Not sure where you get that
Deron is definitely the better scorer and more physical player. I would argue he is also the better defender (Paul is goof as well) Passing ability is about equal although I think Deron's game is suited for any system while although Paul's will work anywhere, is better suited for a running offense.

Raph12
02-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Deron is definitely the better scorer and more physical player. I would argue he is also the better defender (Paul is goof as well) Passing ability is about equal although I think Deron's game is suited for any system while although Paul's will work anywhere, is better suited for a running offense.

DWill - 22.4PER .592TS% .519EFG% 5.9RB% 43.6AST% 1.6STL% 16.0TO% 117ORTG 112DRTG 0.171WS48

CP3 - 25.4PER .613TS% .532EFG% 6.7RB% 47.2AST% 3.8STL% 15.2TO% 125ORTG 100DRTG 0.271WS48

Like I said before, CP3 is better than DWill in each and every aspect of the game and it isn't close. DWill may be more physical, but CP3 is still a better defender by far and better off-ball because he's a much better shooter. The Hornets have a better record with a worse team, that alone should tell you that CP3 is WAY better than DWill ever has been... CP3 is still coming off an injury and isn't fully healthy, but he still blows any other PG out of the water.

heatking
02-11-2011, 10:31 PM
I think CP3 is a great player, and easily the best PG in the NBA, but KD is a flat out dominant player and he is much better than anthony.

In my opinion the difference between KD and anthony is greater than that of Dwill and CP3.

flea
02-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Durant is going to be the best player in the league very soon. Give me him all day, even if CP3 is better than Deron.

rhino17
02-11-2011, 11:14 PM
DWill - 22.4PER .592TS% .519EFG% 5.9RB% 43.6AST% 1.6STL% 16.0TO% 117ORTG 112DRTG 0.171WS48

CP3 - 25.4PER .613TS% .532EFG% 6.7RB% 47.2AST% 3.8STL% 15.2TO% 125ORTG 100DRTG 0.271WS48

Like I said before, CP3 is better than DWill in each and every aspect of the game and it isn't close. DWill may be more physical, but CP3 is still a better defender by far and better off-ball because he's a much better shooter. The Hornets have a better record with a worse team, that alone should tell you that CP3 is WAY better than DWill ever has been... CP3 is still coming off an injury and isn't fully healthy, but he still blows any other PG out of the water.

Like I have told you before, I dont care about the stats you post (especially PER which is completely useless). There are far too many variables that they do not take into account, I base my opinion on actually watching basketball

You are insane if you think he "blows him out of the water"

And define better team, Dwill has Al jefferson and that about it

JordansBulls
02-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Durant is going to be the best player in the league very soon. Give me him all day, even if CP3 is better than Deron.

When you say best in the league, how soon are you talking?

flea
02-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Well he's already the best offensive player in the NBA. As soon as he gets his A/TO ratio around 1.5:1 or 2:1 he'll be set. Defensively he's already a force, but as his body fills out he's going to be even more disruptive in the post. The dude's 22 and already has a scoring title. I give him 2 or 3 more years before he's better than Lebron and Wade, maybe less. The league hasn't seen someone quite like him at such a young age. His only real comparisons are Jordan, Bird, and Lebron. Everyone else he's already better than.

Raph12
02-13-2011, 02:17 AM
Like I have told you before, I dont care about the stats you post (especially PER which is completely useless). There are far too many variables that they do not take into account, I base my opinion on actually watching basketball

You don't care about stats because they work against you... You can continue to watch the game and make flawed opinions off what you believe you're observing. I'm done with this conversation, anyone who believes advanced stats are not telling of a player's worth and chooses only to believe his eyes, is not worth debating with.

And to reiterate what I said previously, Chris Paul blows any PG on the planet out of the water, no matter what your eyes think they're seeing lol.

D-Block21-Chito
02-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Deron > Paul
Durant > Melo

Pretty easy for me.

^ I agree 210% Durant is WAY better than Melo!

D-Block21-Chito
02-14-2011, 01:13 PM
JB are you saying you would rather have melo than Durant? Come on son

JordansBulls
02-19-2011, 10:34 AM
JB are you saying you would rather have melo than Durant? Come on son

Before this season yes.

KnicksorBust
02-19-2011, 11:22 AM
I love reading these threads and seeing people be like "I take this All-Star over this All-Star EASILY. NO QUESTION." :laugh: These are 4 of the top 15-20 players on the planet and yet it's no brainer which tandem is better? Come on.

Anyway, Raph told us half the story with a nice post about CP3 but if we did the same thing with Melo and Durant than that would say Durant is better. The advanced stats call it a wash and the "Rhino Eye Test" is close for me as well. I'll just be a homer and go for the future Knicks Melo and CP3. :)

LTS
02-19-2011, 02:16 PM
CP3 > then Dwill
Durant> melo
so... I like CP3 so I go with him and melo its very close though

nyyfan4life
02-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Whichever team has Chris Paul.

Raph12
02-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Before this season yes.

Doesn't make sense, Durant was significantly better last season than he is this year so I don't see your logic...

Jazz Bear
02-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Easily Deron and durant. Doesn't everyone like Double d's?hahaha

JordansBulls
02-21-2011, 01:42 AM
Doesn't make sense, Durant was significantly better last season than he is this year so I don't see your logic...

But Deron was better last year than CP3 was. This year CP3 has been better.

Raph12
02-21-2011, 02:12 AM
But Deron was better last year than CP3 was. This year CP3 has been better.

You're kidding right? CP3 was umpteen times better than DWill, even though it was a down year for him... Stop looking at "per game" numbers bro, they're deceptive.

Chronz
02-21-2011, 03:56 PM
So then why does he choose not to?

Research the Hornets pace of play and hang yourself. Oh wait you dont look at stats, you based your flawed logic off of what you THINK you are watching.

Like I have told you before, I dont care about the stats you post (especially PER which is completely useless).
Your GM doesnt think so

There are far too many variables that they do not take into account,
Which is why PER doesnt claim to measure everything, its still speaks of a players productive worth.

I base my opinion on actually watching basketball
Learn to base your opinion on actually STUDYING the game of basketball

He used to blow him out of the water but injuries have diminished the midgets aggressiveness but hes still better

LMFAO You didnt even list his best sidekick, god your dense

Madtown22
02-26-2011, 12:48 AM
I take Durant