PDA

View Full Version : PSD Western Conference Semifinals (#2 Dallas vs. #3 Oklahoma City)

JordansBulls
09-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Dallas Mavericks Have Homecourt Advantage in this Series

SEMIFINALS

Dallas vs. Oklahoma City
Winner: Vote here!

-------------------------------------------------------------
From now on, each poll will have a voting time of 5 days. This applies to each matchup until an NBA Champion has been determined.

--------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST ROUND

LA Lakers vs. Houston
Winner: LA Lakers, 4-1 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534152)

Portland vs. Utah
Winner: Portland, 4-2 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533735)

Oklahoma City vs Denver
Winner: Oklahoma City, 4-2 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533743)

Dallas vs San Antonio
Winner: Dallas, 4-3 (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534150)

The total of votes for each team will be counted (all 4 options together) and the team with the higher total wins. Eventually, the result will be the option with the most votes (out of 4 options) of the team that has the most votes altogether.

Example:

If the option which has been voted most out of all 8 in the poll is "Memphis in 6" (20 votes), it doesn't necessarily mean that Memphis has won. If Memphis has 50 votes (Memphis in 4, 5, 6 & 7 altogether), but New Orleans has 55 votes (New Orleans in 4, 5, 6 & 7 altogether), New Orleans is the winner, although it didn't have the most votes in any of its 4 single options. The option with the most votes of the winner (New Orleans) is the final result.

Let's say:
Memphis in 4 = 10 votes
Memphis in 5 = 5 votes
Memphis in 6 = 20 votes
Memphis in 7 = 15 votes
Total = 50 votes

Now lets say New Orleans has
New Orleans in 4 = 12
New Orleans in 5 = 13
New Orleans in 6 = 17
New Orleans in 7 = 13
Total = 55 votes
The winner would be New Orleans in 6 since they would have the most votes total overall and thus the option for them that was voted the most is New Orleans in 6 would become the final result.

WESTERN CONFERENCE - Regular Season

Click the team name for poll results. The 8 best records in each conference have been determined. According to league rules, the seedings are as follows

(1) LA Lakers (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531449) - Pacific Division
(2) Dallas (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531656) - Southwest Divison
(3) Oklahoma City (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531832) - Northwest Division
(4) Portland (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532093) - Northwest Division
(5) Utah (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532446) - Northwest Division
(6) Denver (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532734) - Northwest Division
(7) San Antonio (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533053) - Southwest Divison
(8) Houston (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533382) - Southwest Divison

*** Don't put this in your Team Forum Either or Else ***

Chacarron
09-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Dirk will have his way all night long. This will be a 7-game series no doubt, I take Dallas in 7.

Khalifa21
09-22-2010, 07:29 PM
The Mavs can throw Butler and Marion at Durant. The Thunder have no answer for Dirk. Mavs in 6.

Baller1
09-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Yay! We get the chokers. OKC in 6.

TylerSL
09-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Dallas in 6

Shahrose
09-22-2010, 07:45 PM
OKC in 6

dc5jdm
09-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Dallas seven hard fought games

todu82
09-22-2010, 09:43 PM
Thunder in 7

HoopsDrive
09-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Mavs in 6

IversonIsKrazy
09-23-2010, 12:51 AM
To be honest, I don't have Mavs beating Spurs first round. Which is why I voted against them this round. It should be Spurs over MAvs in 6, and then Spurs over Thunder in 6. As long as Spurs are healthy, I don't see any one in the West not named Lakers beating them

Sadds The Gr8
09-23-2010, 01:16 AM
Dallas would handle OKC. Dirk would absolutely dominate this series. Dallas in 6.

CBCable
09-23-2010, 04:53 AM
Yes. This series is a playground for Dirk. Mavs take it, no doubt. Avenge the Spurs loss last year first series, then outsmart the Thunder in the 2nd series. Love OKC, but too much experience on the Mavs. Playoff jitters will be long gone.

dsickich123
09-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Thunder thunder thunder. In 6.

CHANGO
09-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Thunder in 7! If luck is in their side...

JordansBulls
09-24-2010, 06:41 PM
More participation here or I might not go to the next round or just do the Eastern Conference.

BallinIsLife
09-24-2010, 10:56 PM
I got the Mavericks here

Niro
09-25-2010, 05:17 AM
dallas in 7

J_M_B
09-25-2010, 01:47 PM
This will be a very tough series for both sqauds..

The Thunders still might be too young to take on a veteran roster like Dallas. The Mavs can throw a few different defenders on Durant, Marion would be a key matchup against him.

7 game series, Dallas edges out Oklahoma City.

J_M_B
09-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Wow, I mistakenly voted Oklahoma City in 6.. I meant Dallas in 7 :o

dsickich123
09-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Russell Wesbrook embarrassed fisher in the lakers series, because he was not quick enough...

Now...old man jason kidd? Please...

plus top 5 player in NBA KEVIN DURANT

Thunder in 6.

DoJoTheSlasher
09-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Russell Wesbrook embarrassed fisher in the lakers series, because he was not quick enough...

Now...old man jason kidd? Please...

plus top 5 player in NBA KEVIN DURANT

Thunder in 6.

Uhh, Dallas has a top 5 player in the game as well. His name is Dirk Nowitzki. Marion absolutely locked down Kevin Durant every time they met last year. Who can even dream about guarding Dirk on OKC? Westbrook would abuse Kidd offensively but he doesn't have the leadership and IQ Kidd has.

Haywood and Chandler would kill OKC down low. Beaubois could matchup easily with Russell Westbrook.

Mavs in 6.

CBCable
09-26-2010, 02:23 AM
Uhh, Dallas has a top 5 player in the game as well. His name is Dirk Nowitzki. Marion absolutely locked down Kevin Durant every time they met last year. Who can even dream about guarding Dirk on OKC? Westbrook would abuse Kidd offensively but he doesn't have the leadership and IQ Kidd has.

Haywood and Chandler would kill OKC down low. Beaubois could matchup easily with Russell Westbrook.

Mavs in 6.

THANK YOU. Good lord.

Roddys man to man D ain't bad at all. Marion can do a good job defensively on Durant. And like I said earlier, Dirk's gonna go crazy this series.

I LOVE the Thunder, respect to every facet of their organization, but Mavs take it. Oh well. It's an internet poll.

Burkey3472
09-26-2010, 12:05 PM
OKC takes it in 6.

dsickich123
09-26-2010, 03:30 PM
OKC IN 6!!!

GOODBYE MAVS.

LETS MOVE ON TO OKC vs. LAKERS.

REMATCH!

Baller1
09-26-2010, 06:44 PM

Mavs in 6.

Dirk is not a top 5 player. And individually, the Thunder have no one to guard Dirk. However, they are a great defensive team collectively.

Rivera
09-26-2010, 06:59 PM
the way how i see it is russel westbrook absolutley destroys jason kidd hes to fast for him

Dallas has 2 good defenders for KD (butler marion)

OKC has 2 good defenders for Dirk (ibaka and collison)

i think KD is better than dirk and he can do more damage against marion n butler than dirk can do on ibaka.....ibaka is a beast on D

and no1 on dalls can stop westbrook.....OKC steals 1 in dallas and ends this in 6

DoJoTheSlasher
09-26-2010, 07:07 PM
the way how i see it is russel westbrook absolutley destroys jason kidd hes to fast for him

Dallas has 2 good defenders for KD (butler marion)

OKC has 2 good defenders for Dirk (ibaka and collison)

i think KD is better than dirk and he can do more damage against marion n butler than dirk can do on ibaka.....ibaka is a beast on D

and no1 on dalls can stop westbrook.....OKC steals 1 in dallas and ends this in 6

Kevin Durant last year vs DAL

12/16: 12 pts 4/18 FG
1/15: 30 pts 6/18 FG
2/16: 25 pts 9/28 FG
4/3: 23 pts 7/18 FG

Dirk Nowitzki last year vs OKC

12/16: 35 pts 13/18 FG
1/15: 32 pts 9/18 FG
2/16: 24 pts 9/22 FG
4/3: 30 pts 10/19 FG

Once again, who on OKC can stop Dirk? We already know Butler/Marion can be effective on Durant.

DoJoTheSlasher
09-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Dirk is not a top 5 player. And individually, the Thunder have no one to guard Dirk. However, they are a great defensive team collectively.

If Dirk is not a top 5 player than Durant isn't.

Baller1
09-26-2010, 07:23 PM
If Dirk is not a top 5 player than Durant isn't.

:laugh2:

DoJoTheSlasher
09-26-2010, 07:30 PM
:laugh2:

Ok how has Durant done in the playoffs? He was pretty awful vs LA this year.

He is a better scorer than Dirk but Dirk is 100x better in the clutch.

So no, a :laugh2: is not needed.

Baller1
09-26-2010, 07:38 PM
Ok how has Durant done in the playoffs? He was pretty awful vs LA this year.

He is a better scorer than Dirk but Dirk is 100x better in the clutch.

So no, a :laugh2: is not needed.

Durant is the fourth best player in the league. Dirk is around 7ish.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=nowitdi01&y1=2010&p2=duranke01&y2=2010

I don't feel like going in depth, but just take a look. It's pretty evident that Durant is the better player.

DoJoTheSlasher
09-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Why?

Because he scores 30 points a game and is flashier? If you want to win a game you take Dirk over Durant. Dirk is a better rebounder, passer, defender, clutch, FT shooter and shooter.

1. Kobe
2. LeBron
3. Wade
4. Dirk
5. Durant

That's how I have it. I think Durant is a superstar and am not bashing him. I just think Dirk is better. In a year or two Durant will definately be better though.

Baller1
09-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Why?

Because he scores 30 points a game and is flashier? If you want to win a game you take Dirk over Durant. Dirk is a better rebounder, passer, defender, clutch, FT shooter and shooter.

1. Kobe
2. LeBron
3. Wade
4. Dirk
5. Durant

That's how I have it. I think Durant is a superstar and am not bashing him. I just think Dirk is better. In a year or two Durant will definately be better though.

Obviously didn't click on the link I provided. Durant is a better scorer, and a better defender.

DoJoTheSlasher
09-26-2010, 07:53 PM
Obviously didn't click on the link I provided. Durant is a better scorer, and a better defender.

I never said Durant wasn't a better scorer. And both aren't great on D but Dirk is better at that. Dirk is a better shooter in FG and FT and is much better in the clutch. Until Durant leads his team in the playoffs, Dirk is still ahead of him.

alencp3
09-26-2010, 08:02 PM
I never said Durant wasn't a better scorer. And both aren't great on D but Dirk is better at that. Dirk is a better shooter in FG and FT and is much better in the clutch. Until Durant leads his team in the playoffs, Dirk is still ahead of him.

CP3,Durant,D-Will,Melo and Howard are better than Dirk,you can make case for Roy,Pau,Nash and Gasol too

Baller1
09-26-2010, 08:03 PM

Durant has the better PER, TS%, eFG%, USG%, ORtg, DRtg, offensive win shares, and defensive win shares.

They have very similar rebounding, shot blocking, passing, and stealing numbers.

Durant is the better player. Dirk has him in experience and that's about it.

DoJoTheSlasher
09-26-2010, 08:07 PM
CP3,Durant,D-Will,Melo and Howard are better than Dirk,you can make case for Roy,Pau,Nash and Gasol too

Chris Paul, Kevin Durant and Deron Williams all have cases but Dirk will win a game more often than them.

Roy is not there yet

Pau........ cmon
Nash is way past his prime

As for Melo and Howard, Melo is a good scorer but head to head, Dirk owns him and Dirk is the better player still.

Howard.......... He is the best C in the game and best defender but he is still terribly overrated. He can dunk, rebound and block shots, nothing else. He can't win a game. In the clutch, ORL goes away from him.

Baller1
09-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Chris Paul, Kevin Durant and Deron Williams all have cases but Dirk will win a game more often than them.

Roy is not there yet

Pau........ cmon
Nash is way past his prime

As for Melo and Howard, Melo is a good scorer but head to head, Dirk owns him and Dirk is the better player still.

Howard.......... He is the best C in the game and best defender but he is still terribly overrated. He can dunk, rebound and block shots, nothing else. He can't win a game. In the clutch, ORL goes away from him.

Well, since you responded to him and not my factual post, I'll just go ahead and consider that a surrender.

DoJoTheSlasher
09-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Durant has the better PER, TS%, eFG%, USG%, ORtg, DRtg, offensive win shares, and defensive win shares.

They have very similar rebounding, shot blocking, passing, and stealing numbers.

Durant is the better player. Dirk has him in experience and that's about it.

Other post:

No I won't surrender lol.

Like I said once Durant does something in the playoffs, when actual teams play defense (he found that out this year when Artest harrased), I will put him ahead of Dirk.

Baller1
09-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Other post:

No I won't surrender lol.

Like I said once Durant does something in the playoffs, when actual teams play defense (he found that out this year when Artest harrased), I will put him ahead of Dirk.

It was a terribly unlucky match-up for Durant in his first ever playoff series. Artest is the perfect defender to throw at Durant, and unfortunately Durant got stuck with him in his first taste of playoffs. You're right, he needs to prove himself in the playoffs; but I think it's safe to say we can all expect him to be a lot better come this year's playoffs.

JordansBulls
09-26-2010, 10:06 PM
This is a extremely close poll.

JordansBulls
09-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Perfect example here.

Oklahoma City has the most votes in in a single option of 29, however Dallas has the most votes total. 53-50. Thus the winner is Dallas with the highest option for them being in 7.

smith&wesson
09-27-2010, 07:31 PM
I really cant tell who would win in this series to be honest.