PDA

View Full Version : Which lottery team from last year will make the biggest jump this year?

jzstud4
09-22-2010, 05:37 PM
I think that specially in the west a bottom feeder could sneak in and maybe even win a series ?

My guess in the West is rockets, grizz, maybe hornets hope cp3 tears **** up

East Pistons maybe wizards wall and arenas with mcgee ?

ShabbaWiz
09-22-2010, 05:40 PM
It's gonna be intresting again in the league this season. The Rockets will deffinantly be an improvement and should make the playoffs.

Ray_R
09-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Hornets is a safe pick.

llemon
09-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Hoping it's the Nets.

King Drew
09-22-2010, 06:09 PM
the knicks of course

2_Trill
09-22-2010, 06:10 PM
The Detroit Pistons! Nobody checking for them so look for them to suprise alot teams early in the season.

kylem4711
09-22-2010, 06:53 PM
clippers!

scutch11
09-22-2010, 07:09 PM
espn had an article about this a little while back. i think the order was

1. rockets
2. hornets
3. knicks
4. grizzlies
5. pacers

i think...i may be wrong but the top 3 are definitely what was there, and they seem correct as well.

CHANGO
09-22-2010, 08:54 PM
West:
Rockets
Hornets
Grizzles

East:
New York
Pistons
Wizards

Others:
Warriors

Khalifa21
09-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Knicks in the east, Hornets in the west.

HeaTxRipZz
09-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Knicks and Hornets.....for sure

asandhu23
09-22-2010, 09:22 PM
West:
Rockets
Hornets
Grizzles

East:
New York
Pistons
Wizards

Others:
Warriors

uh... why are warriors in "others"? are trying to suggest that we will make playoffs only if we are the only ones in our own division?

Sadds The Gr8
09-22-2010, 09:24 PM
I think the Clippers can be good if they stay healthy and play an up-tempo style.

CHANGO
09-22-2010, 10:00 PM
uh... why are warriors in "others"? are trying to suggest that we will make playoffs only if we are the only ones in our own division?

Well, so as to make the playoffs, have a chance, since in their division only are the Lakers, Suns, Clippers and Kings, and have a good nucleus of young players like Biedrins, Curry, Ellis, Lee and Dorell Wright, who can do something in the Warriors ... Only if they play as a team can go, but they improve your old record, they do!

Sixerlover
09-22-2010, 10:01 PM
DUH.. The Sixers

JasonJohnHorn
09-22-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm shocked nobody has mentioned the 76ers yet! With a great coach at the helm, new young talent, the young promising talent they've picked up over the last couple seasons via the draft, and the veteran talent they have, I'm looking for them to do very well this year. AI 2.0 is one of the best all-around shooting guards/small forwards in the league, I honestly think that Evan Turner is the most well rounded and NBA-ready player in the draft, and I'm hoping Doug Collins can help Brand get his career back on track. And with guys like Young holiday and Williams developing and Hawes and Nociono coming into the fold, I think this team has got some real potential.

I also think the Pacers have a good chance of really turning some heads, I think their roster is great on paper, last season was turned upside down by injuries, and I think the one thing holding them back is an experienced head coach. No disrespect meant to the guy they got at the helm now, but he just isnt what they need.

Hulk6
09-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Wiz Kids foo'

td0tsfinest
09-22-2010, 10:44 PM
I like the Rockets out west. A healthy Yao could greatly improve Houston.

As for the east, I guess NY has playoff hopes but I really like Washington. If Arenas and Wall can co exist, they could make a prominent back court duo. Andray Blatche and Javal McGhee are young, explosive big men who should capitalize on minutes with Haywood and Jamison gone. And they have a decent group behind them (Hinrich, Josh Howard, Al Thornton, Yi). They could surprise some people.

godolphins
09-22-2010, 10:57 PM
The Hornets

Ace33Bone
09-23-2010, 02:00 PM
I think with the Wizards picking up John Wall and getting Gilbert back they should be in the playoffs this year... I think that McGee had a great summer... Hopefully Blatche is done with the dumb stuff and Josh Howard should be fully healed by now

GMEN4EVER
09-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Wizards? Really? Arenas and John Wall can probably play together, but Arenas will not be a true shooting guard, he's more of a combo guard than anything else. McGee and Blatche have upside, but still haven't proven much on anything close to a winning team. I won't guarantee they'll still suck, but making the playoffs is by far the best case scenario for them, doubt they could beat anyone once there if they manage to get there. Playoffs: 25%, winning a series: 1%

Pacers, yeah I can see this one. Injuries hurt them last year, and they've fixed their point guard woes as well, so they could be a surprise team. Granger and Collison could be quite a dynamic duo. Playoffs: 50%, winning a series, 5%.

Nets? Lol, give me a break. Going to go from a 12 win team to the playoffs without adding one all star caliber player? They'll be better, but 30 wins is much more realistic than playoffs. Playoffs: 5%, winning a series: 0%.

Knicks, very likely. Amar'e is a huge aquisition, not to mention they ripped off GS big time on that David Lee sign and trade. Add in a vastly improved point guard (Felton over Duhon) position, some true centers (Turiaf and Mosgov), and players with the right skill sets to succeed in Mike D's system (Azubuike, Randolph, Amar'e, Felton, and Mosgov are all excellant fits that are new to the team) and the addition by subtraction of getting rid of Duhon, Harrington, Hughes and McGrady and they'll be a much better team. Playoffs: 90%, winning a series: 20%.

Sixers? Eh, not sure really on this one. I don't know enough about their new coach to say if he's the right guy for the job or not. Brand is a bad fit on a running team though, and outside of him it seems like their roster is built to open it up and run. They've got a ton of youth so you can't write them off until we see how they gel together. Playoffs: No clue, way too many variables with the amount of youth on the team and having a new coach, woulda been better if they kept their best center though.

In the east you'll see a surprise team or two make a run for the playoffs, but the likely hood of one of those teams knocking off a top team like Boston, Miami, Orlando, or Chicago is very small. I'm a huge knicks fan and I truly believe they make the playoffs this year, I left playoffs at 90 percent because if there's a major injury to Felton or Amar'e they might not make it, especially if Felton goes down. Amar'e is the better player, but Felton is more valuable to the team at this point. And when they do make the playoffs they'll still be a huge under dog to any of the top 4 teams. The one hope is that they get matched up against Boston, where I would actually be willing to put money on them to pull the upset. The reason why is because Boston is a very old team, and they struggle mightily against extremely athletic squads, ala the Hawks 3 years ago. And the knicks right now have a crazy amount of athleticism on their team, something that will give Boston fits.

I'm laying off the western conference in order to not make this the longest post in history lol, someone else that's a fan of a west team can write that one up.

king4day
09-23-2010, 02:40 PM
I don't see any team in the east reaching the playoffs and knocking a team off.
The West, you have Houston, NO, LAC

KG2TB
09-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Rockets, Hornets, Wizards, Nets

Kashmir13579
09-23-2010, 04:42 PM
knicks are the obvious choice for the east

Hawkeye15
09-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Rockets and Hornets are safe picks.

fadedmario
09-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Detroit and Memphis

DE9394
09-23-2010, 07:12 PM
pistons

theducksmuggler
09-23-2010, 07:34 PM
i say the sixers possible, if turner and jrue step up and have amazing years we could, iggy at the 3 brand at the 5 spencer hawes at the 5, people are underestimate the sixers, with doug collins as our coach we could have a big year(pipedream)

Lloyd Christmas
09-23-2010, 07:35 PM
My vote would go to Memphis in the west.

GunFactor187
09-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Pistons for sure, provided we stay healthy.

More-Than-Most
09-23-2010, 08:14 PM
DUH.. The Sixers

I hope not. We have no shot at winning a title so it would be better to have a lottery pick again and hopefully the number 1 overall

VinceCarter
09-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Nets.

Who else is going to get 15-20+ more wins than last year??

29$JerZ
09-23-2010, 08:34 PM
East

NY and Philly will make playoff pushes imo

West
Hornets and Golden State (If healthy)

NYYCowboys
09-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Knicks and Warriors