PDA

View Full Version : SI.com - Dwight Howard Believes Durant Is Better Than LeBron

JordansBulls
09-22-2010, 04:33 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/129101/index.html?xid=si_nba

-- Dan asked Howard who is better ... Kevin Durant or LeBron James? "I'm gonna go with Kevin," Howard said.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-22-2010, 04:46 PM
He's lying.

Cano4prez
09-22-2010, 04:47 PM
^

ChiSox219
09-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Only a matter of time before it's true.

Run&Gun
09-22-2010, 04:49 PM
Seems like everyone including NBA players are getting caught up in the hype of K-durant. Couple things are sure though Durant is still probably a better one on one on ball defender than Lebron James, and he makes scoring look like breathing ball handling is just about as good and has a better post game than Lebron much better passer every year too. In terms of potential Kevin Durant has gotten considerably every year in almost two skills, where as Lebron is starting to hit his plateau don't think he has that work ethic to really become a lot better unless he loses in the finals, he kinda feels like he just accepted that he's the best player.

Niro
09-22-2010, 04:50 PM
ask him that question again when he is not high

jackdawson
09-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Haha...Howard is a funny dude. I needed that laugh after a tough couple of hours in my research lab. Thanks D12!!

FNM BOY
09-22-2010, 04:56 PM
hahahah...the hate for Lebron is really sumthin to smile @....cant wait for this upcoming season for Bron Bron to unleash the beast...dont worry plenty people aer gonna be like this....:speechless:..choking on a chicken bone style :cry:

Truheatfan
09-22-2010, 04:58 PM
He's lying.

right through his teeth :pity: durant will 1 day be the best but not yet

goku
09-22-2010, 04:59 PM
lebron has the edge because of his playmaking ability

beasted86
09-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Totally predictable considering all the exchanging of words between the Magic & Heat this summer.

Truheatfan
09-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Seems like everyone including NBA players are getting caught up in the hype of K-durant. Couple things are sure though Durant is still probably a better one on one on ball defender than Lebron James, and he makes scoring look like breathing ball handling is just about as good and has a better post game than Lebron much better passer every year too. In terms of potential Kevin Durant has gotten considerably every year in almost two skills, where as Lebron is starting to hit his plateau don't think he has that work ethic to really become a lot better unless he loses in the finals, he kinda feels like he just accepted that he's the best player.

you must've been smoking the same thing howard was durant is not a better on ball defender than james and his passing isnt close james is a great passer

kswissdaf
The only facet of the game Durant is better then LeBron his shooting

Hawkeye15
I would totally want to tell the dude I have to get through in the playoffs that Durant is better......

netsgiantsyanks
09-22-2010, 05:07 PM
this thread is gonna go downhill, i just know it.

godolphins
09-22-2010, 05:09 PM
He's lying.

This

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Durant is a superior shooter fellas. Nothing else at this point. And nothing else at the same age in fact. Many of their advanced stats are very close, but LeBron murders him in the distribution department, while scoring just as effectively, rebounding the same, and LeBron is a better defender right now.
Durant is easily the #2 SF in the game, and maybe its best pure scorer, but his versatility can not match LeBron

Can anyone here see Durant playing PF, or PG? LeBron can

ChiSox219
09-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Durant is a superior shooter fellas. Nothing else at this point. And nothing else at the same age in fact. Many of their advanced stats are very close, but LeBron murders him in the distribution department, while scoring just as effectively, rebounding the same, and LeBron is a better defender right now.
Durant is easily the #2 SF in the game, and maybe its best pure scorer, but his versatility can not match LeBron

Well, I just saw Durant win gold playing PF :). I wouldn't say Lebron makes a better 4 because his post game isn't better than Durants and KD has more length/height to guard opposing 4's.

Durant's ahead of Lebron at the same age. I'll take KD as a better scorer and defender, Lebron is of course the better distributor.

jasondrobinson
09-22-2010, 05:15 PM
i strongly dislike lebron but hes still got durant's number

Heater4life
09-22-2010, 05:15 PM
:rimshot:

Ohhhhhhh Howarddddd, your so funny!

TO Rapz
09-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Mike James > Durant + Lebron.

Bruno
09-22-2010, 05:17 PM

KD also gets to the line better than James.

beasted86
09-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Well, I just saw Durant win gold playing PF :). I wouldn't say Lebron makes a better 4 because his post game isn't better than Durants and KD has more length/height to guard opposing 4's.

Durant's ahead of Lebron at the same age. I'll take KD as a better scorer and defender, Lebron is of course the better distributor.

I think you need to go check LeBron's stats at 21, and his team record.

He was scoring more at a higher percentage, with more assists, and he was leading the Cavs to 50 wins and the 2nd round posting way better playoff stats.

Please tell me, what did Durant do last season better than LeBron did at 21?

MacFitz92
09-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Miami fans think D12 is an idiot, OKC/Durant fans believe him, and I don't care because everyone is going to have their opinions.

I will say it isn't crazy to belive KD is a better player than LBJ.

MacFitz92
09-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Mike James > Durant + Lebron.

Mike James Jokes = Immaturity/Annoying

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 05:19 PM
LeBron vs Durant defense, from Synergy

they are very close, but a few stand out
In isolation, LeBron is #5 in the NBA rated on opponents PPP (Points Per Shot), Durant #51. But, on pick and roll ball handler, Durant is #4 in the NBA, while LeBron is #115. LeBron is far better at pick and roll man, but they are both very effective. Durant gives up more and-1's, due to his lack of strength most likely.
Durant also forces slightly more turnovers, and they both hold their counterparts to around 38% shooting. But as discussed in the advanced thread forum, trying to break down individual defense is very difficult to do. There just isn't any great measure for it. Many here will fall in love with LeBron's spectacular blocks, and rate him higher. But in reality, LeBron is only a slightly better defender than Durant, and that figures to change over the next few years I think.

It comes down to this. They are both very effective scorers capable of taking a game over by themselves. But LeBron is a far better distributor, and can get his teammates involved to a level Durant can't even touch yet. And that is what seperates them today

Evolution23
09-22-2010, 05:20 PM
The only facet of the game Durant is better then LeBron his shooting

This x2000

JordansBulls
09-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Well a few things here.

1. Dwight beat Lebron already when Lebron had the best record in the league and the superior team.

2. Durant won gold medal on his 1st try while it took Lebron 3 tries.

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 05:21 PM

FIBA ball dude. Cmon.

And where is Durant ahead of LeBron at 21 years of age? The same thing that divides them now, is what did then. LeBron is probably going to go down as the greatest passing SF of all time.

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 05:22 PM
KD also gets to the line better than James.

I should have expanded my thoughts. Durant's TS% is a reflection of his superior shooting on long 2's, and his ability to get to the stripe

ChiSox219
09-22-2010, 05:23 PM

He was scoring more at a higher percentage, with more assists, and he was leading the Cavs to 50 wins and the 2nd round posting way better playoff stats.

Higher TS%, higher WS/48, higher Reb%, more points per minute, got to the free throw line more often, played better defense.

I've seen the numbers and watched a lot of games from each player's third season. Durant has the edge.

PS: Durant also led his team to 50 wins, only he did it in a much tougher Conference.

TO Rapz
09-22-2010, 05:25 PM
Mike James Jokes = Immaturity/Annoying

Didnt ask.

dbeastly
09-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Well a few things here.

1. Dwight beat Lebron already when Lebron had the best record in the league and the superior team.

2. Durant won gold medal on his 1st try while it took Lebron 3 tries.

Durant definately had difficult competition:eyebrow:.

beasted86
09-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Higher TS%, higher WS/48, higher Reb%, more points per minute, got to the free throw line more often, played better defense.

I've seen the numbers and watched a lot of games from each player's third season. Durant has the edge.

How is Durant a better scorer when he scored less, with a higher assisted rate, and he had way better teammates, while choking in the playoffs?

I don't really feel like hearing anything about Artest's defense when LeBron pushed the defending champion Detroit Pistons to 7 games and 26 PPG on 44% FG against one of the top rated defenses.

EDIT: And 50 wins and 4th seed is better than 50 wins and 8th seed no matter which way you want to slice it.

gsgs49
09-22-2010, 05:32 PM
drug is everywhere! all nba players are smoking:smoking:It begins with beasley when he said the wolves will be the team to beat this season then Stuckey said that Detroit is the best team on paper and now D12

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 05:33 PM
How is Durant a better scorer when he scored less, with a higher assisted rate, and he had way better teammates, while choking in the playoffs?

I don't really feel like hearing anything about Artest's defense when LeBron pushed the defending champion Detroit Pistons to 7 games and 26 PPG on 44% FG against one of the top rated defenses.

the 2nd part is a good point. At that time, the Pistons were still one of the models of defense, and LeBron destroyed them.

NYY 26 to 7
09-22-2010, 05:35 PM

Easy to address - LeBron played in the East.

I can tell you what KD did this year that no one else did. Lead the league in scoring.

Man I just don't understand all these "Heat fans" defending LeBron's every action. Wait until you have a reason to love the guy first. As a Yankee fan I don't have to love A-Rod but I love what he does for the Yanks. Doesn't make him less of a douche off the field. If he is clearly the best player leading you to titles then start to defend him but not just cuz he wants to chill with his boys and bang chicks by taking his talents to South Beach. If someone started a thread that said who's better Jesus Christ or LeBron heat fans would call the world haters and how dare we challenge the great LeBron.

Since Heat fans don't show up for games anyway - and don't worry in 2-3 seasons they won't again - you should have had plenty of time to watch LeBron and his short commings in the playoffs. Will that change? You don't know, you might hate him come next offseason for shrinking when it means the most.

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Easy to address - LeBron played in the East.

I can tell you what KD did this year that no one else did. Lead the league in scoring.

Man I just don't understand all these "Heat fans" defending LeBron's every action. Wait until you have a reason to love the guy first. As a Yankee fan I don't have to love A-Rod but I love what he does for the Yanks. Doesn't make him less of a douche off the field. If he is clearly the best player leading you to titles then start to defend him but not just cuz he wants to chill with his boys and bang chicks by taking his talents to South Beach. If someone started a thread that said who's better Jesus Christ or LeBron heat fans would call the world haters and how dare we challenge the great LeBron.

Since Heat fans don't show up for games anyway - and don't worry in 2-3 seasons they won't again - you should have had plenty of time to watch LeBron and his short commings in the playoffs. Will that change? You don't know, you might hate him come next offseason for shrinking when it means the most.

if a scoring title is your defense, you have a long ways to go in debating statistics.
And the LeBron hate has been around since draft day 2003. Its just kicked into overdrive at this point.

beasted86
09-22-2010, 05:37 PM
:bla:

Aside from most of that being baiting, you start off your statement with something LeBron also did in his 3rd year.

But it's okay, I already figured you had nothing constructive to add to the discussion and just wanted to rant negatively about the Heat.

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 05:38 PM
everyone here realizes that if LeBron was a chucker who didn't care about anything but scoring, he could average over 40 a night, correct? Scoring titles are a reflection of many things. They don't reflect the best scorer every time

ChiSox219
09-22-2010, 05:38 PM

Durant scored more points per minute and in a more efficient manner, that's how he had a better scoring season.

Assisted rate? So because Durant is a much better player off the ball and coming off screens, you're going to penalize him for that? :confused:

Artest>Prince
Kobe>Rip

Then it came to Rasheed (not as quick as Odom) and Wallace (not as big as Bynum/Gasol) for second line of defense. That Pistons team played great defense but they didn't have the kind of size and speed LA had, which is what you need to stop players of Lebron/KD's caliber.

Also, that Pistons team ranked 5th in defense, the 09-10 Lakers were 4th in defense.

ChiSox219
09-22-2010, 05:40 PM
everyone here realizes that if LeBron was a chucker who didn't care about anything but scoring, he could average over 40 a night, correct? Scoring titles are a reflection of many things. They don't reflect the best scorer every time

So could Durant, and he'd need fewer FGA's to do it.

Hawkeye15
Durant scored more points per minute and in a more efficient manner, that's how he had a better scoring season.

Assisted rate? So because Durant is a much better player off the ball and coming off screens, you're going to penalize him for that? :confused:

Artest>Prince
Kobe>Rip

Then it came to Rasheed (not as quick as Odom) and Wallace (not as big as Bynum/Gasol) for second line of defense. That Pistons team played great defense but they didn't have the kind of size and speed LA had, which is what you need to stop players of Lebron/KD's caliber.

Also, that Pistons team ranked 5th in defense, the 09-10 Lakers were 4th in defense.

they were both great defensive teams. And LeBron's numbers in the playoffs when he was 21 are so much better, attempting to use what team(s) they played against is futile. Durant was pretty bad man.

topdog
1. Dwight plays for the other Miami team

2. Durrant came in as a shooter in a developing body, whereas Lebron came in with a man's body and a developing jump jumpshot - personally I would bet on the shooter though he may not quite be there yet.

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 05:43 PM
So could Durant, and he'd need fewer FGA's to do it.

I don't think Durant could honestly. I don't know if his body would hold up with all the self creation he would have to employ now. But that is just a guess. And the point was, a scoring title doesn't mean a ton to me. It was directed at a particular poster.
Durant has a great off screen game, but I would love to see what he could do having to create his own offense all night long. Something LeBron has had to do for 7 seasons, which will figure into his efficiency. You understand efficiency enough to know that wile your PER will be helped by having to create all night for yourself, your eFG and TS% are probably going to take a hit

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 05:44 PM
again, this could go back and forth, back and forth, blah blah blah. LeBron's distribution ability is what seperates him now, did at 21, and will for a while. He will go down as the best passing SF to ever play.

Bruno
09-22-2010, 05:44 PM

EDIT: And 50 wins and 4th seed is better than 50 wins and 8th seed no matter which way you want to slice it.

Well, the 06-07 Pistons had a defensive ranking of 7th. The 09-10 Laker had a defensive ranking of 4th. So if you want to get technical about it, the Lakers were a higher ranked defensive team. Also, The Pistons weren't the defending champs- the Heat were. Also, the Cavs won in six, not seven.

44% FG isn't great for LBJ, and nobody on that Pistons team matched up with LeBron as well as Artest did with Durant. LBJ clearly had a better series, but not because of the reasons you mentioned.

Also totally disagree with your edit. An 8th seat winning 50 games in a conference where every single playoff team won 50 games is infinitely more impressive than a 50 win team that finished 2nd in a conference were the 6th, 7th and 8th seats weren't above .500.

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 05:48 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=artesro01&p2=jamesle01

Artest vs LeBron, head to head

sure LeBron was held to below his averages by a bit, but its not like Artest locks him down. I will also add, they have never faced each other in the playoffs, which is a whole different world. But to say LeBron would have been kept down like Durant was this year is not really holding water imo.

beasted86
09-22-2010, 05:48 PM

Yes, that means he's not as good as LeBron at creating offense, and it also means he had competent teammates to pass him the ball, meaning he had better teammates to take pressure off of him offensively.

Artest>Prince
Kobe>Rip

All your opinion. Facts are the Pistons were a better defensive team at 103.1 DRtg vs. Lakers at 103.7.... and they were a better offensive team at 110.8 ORtg vs. Lakers at 108.8. They were also obviously a better overall team with 64 wins vs. 57 for LA.

All factors point to the Pistons being a better team in 05-06, than the Lakers were in 09-10.

ChiSox219
09-22-2010, 05:49 PM
I don't think Durant could honestly. I don't know if his body would hold up with all the self creation he would have to employ now. But that is just a guess. And the point was, a scoring title doesn't mean a ton to me. It was directed at a particular poster.
Durant has a great off screen game, but I would love to see what he could do having to create his own offense all night long. Something LeBron has had to do for 7 seasons, which will figure into his efficiency. You understand efficiency enough to know that wile your PER will be helped by having to create all night for yourself, your eFG and TS% are probably going to take a hit

Durant is excellent at creating his own opportunities and he uses more finesse to do so, so I do think his body could handle it. The best chance for either to average 40 would be an increase in 3PA and Durant has the advantage in that department.

You don't get to the line 10 times per game without the ability create your own shot.

justinnum1
09-22-2010, 05:49 PM
:laugh:

beasted86
09-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Well, the 06-07 Pistons had a defensive ranking of 7th. The 09-10 Laker had a defensive ranking of 4th. So if you want to get technical about it, the Lakers were a higher ranked defensive team. Also, The Pistons weren't the defending champs- the Heat were. Also, the Cavs won in six, not seven.

44% FG isn't great for LBJ, and nobody on that Pistons team matched up with LeBron as well as Artest did with Durant. LBJ clearly had a better series, but not because of the reasons you mentioned.

Also totally disagree with your edit. An 8th seat winning 50 games in a conference where every single playoff team won 50 games is infinitely more impressive than a 50 win team that finished 2nd in a conference were the 6th, 7th and 8th seats weren't above .500.
You have the wrong year buddy. 05-06 Pistons is what we are talking about. 06-07 LeBron beat the Pistons and brought the Cavs to the Finals.

And secondly, 44% 26 PPG is a lot better than what Durant did against an inferior team that he only helped push the series to 6 games, while LeBron helped push the Pistons to 7.

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Yes, that means he's not as good as LeBron at creating offense, and it also means he had competent teammates to pass him the ball, meaning he had better teammates to take pressure off of him offensively.

All your opinion. Facts are the Pistons were a better defensive team at 103.1 DRtg vs. Lakers at 103.7.... and they were a better offensive team at 110.8 ORtg vs. Lakers at 108.8. They were also obviously a better overall team with 64 wins vs. 57 for LA.

All factors point to the Pistons being a better team in 05-06, than the Lakers were in 09-10.

I will also add, the Pistons had 4 more road wins than this years Laker squad, and won games by 6.7 points per game more, vs 4.7 for the Lakers this season.
But you do have to factor in strength of schedule, which will offset what both you and I have posted.

They were basically equals

Bruno
09-22-2010, 05:52 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=artesro01&p2=jamesle01

sure LeBron was held to below his averages by a bit, but its not like Artest locks him down. I will also add, they have never faced each other in the playoffs, which is a whole different world. But to say LeBron would have been kept down like Durant was this year is not really holding water imo.

Common Hawkeye, I thought looking at head-to-head match ups wasn't the best way of comparing players? lol, just playin.

Artest had his way with KD in the playoffs because he was physical with him. LBJ wouldn't have been fazed as easily as KD because of his size; I was just making the point that nobody on the Pistons matched up with LBJ was well as Artest did with KD.

ChiSox219
09-22-2010, 05:56 PM

Of course the Pistons put up better overall ORtg and DRtg, they played in a weak Eastern Conference! I mean, c'mon the Nets were the 3rd seed and only won 49 games.

Pistons were also healthy all year while the Lakers saw Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum miss extended time.

I'll even take this one step further, I saw that 05-06 Pistons in person during Game 7 of the NBA Finals and they were not better that the 09-'10 Lakers.

kjoke
09-22-2010, 05:58 PM
lebron, hes basically durant+ assist s+bigger+better

Bruno
09-22-2010, 05:59 PM
You have the wrong year buddy. 05-06 Pistons is what we are talking about. 06-07 LeBron beat the Pistons and brought the Cavs to the Finals.

And secondly, 44% 26 PPG is a lot better than what Durant did against an inferior team that he only helped push the series to 6 games, while LeBron helped push the Pistons to 7.

Oh, my bad.

Regardless, all my points remain the same. The 09-10 Lakers were a higher ranked defensive team for the season than the 05-06 Pistons were; if you're gona get technical about it, The Lakers were just as good a defensive team than a Pistons team who were two years removed from winning the 04 championship. Artest matched up better with KD than anyone on that Pistons team did against LeBron.

Also you gotta ask yourself, whats more impressive? Pushing a team that lost in the ECF 4-2 against the future champs (The Heat) to seven games. Or losing in six to the eventual champs?

ChiSox219

Lebron's also never faced Phil Jackson in the playoffs.

JordansBulls
Durant definately had difficult competition:eyebrow:.

ok, but Durant didn't have guys like Duncan, Wade, Melo, Dwight either. His next best player was Rose.

TheTakeOver24
09-22-2010, 06:00 PM
You forgot to add this at the end of the quote: "paid for and approved by ESPN"
KD = overhyped
Let the dude get out of the first round at least...

JabberJaw
09-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Funny how Dwight, who plays against both of them, says that Durant is better and he's labelled as delusional or "high" for saying it. Yet, people that just watch ESPN and a few Lebron games per year think they know better than Lebron's USA teammate and competition. Not sayin he is right, but the dude obviously isn't into the hype of Lebron. Lebron is probably the most gifted dude in the game, but the gap is much shorter than you guys think. It's like on PSD if you don't say Lebron is right there with Jesus then you are commiting a sin. It's an opinion people. I think Durant isn't far behind and is 4 years younger. Plus he seems to not let his ego get in his way. The sky is the limit for the both of them, but I too think that Durant could be better that Lebron before its all over. Not saying he will, but it's very possible

Nosam6
09-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Durant's nice no doubt but is no way better than LeBron. Better shooter? Maybe, better ball handler...HELL NAW! LeBron is one of the best passers in the league you can't deny that. Wasn't he like top 10 in assists?

Da Knicks
09-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Yeah that series is going to be wild, Howard just fed lebron fire!

hvg
09-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Durant's a better all-round scorer, but James is definitely the better overall player.

And I don't even like James.

Bruno
09-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Facts are the Pistons were a better defensive team at 103.1 DRtg vs. Lakers at 103.7.... and they were a better offensive team at 110.8 ORtg vs. Lakers at 108.8. They were also obviously a better overall team with 64 wins vs. 57 for LA.

Well all factors pointed the the Pistons being better than the Heat also, right? The Pistons were 4th in offensive rating and 5th in defensive rating for 2005-2006. The Heat were 7th in offensive rating and 9th in defensive rating for the 2005-2006 season. Yet, the Heat beat the Pistons 4-2 in the ECF, how do you explain that??

Considering they played in a conference where 3 of the 8 playoff teams weren't above .500, and the Lakers won 57 games in a conference where every single playoff team won 50 games, I'd have to disagree and say the 2009-2010 champion Lakers were a better team than the 2005-2006 Pistons who didn't make the finals in a less competitive league.

Edit: Wrong stats

beasted86
09-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Oh, my bad.

Regardless, all my points remain the same. The 09-10 Lakers were a higher ranked defensive team for the season than the 05-06 Pistons were

I think you are missing the point. A higher ranking among teams means nothing, it only means the entire league is weaker defensively. The actual rating is what is important.

Do you honestly think because the '10 Lakers ranked 4th with a 103.7 rated defense, they are actually any better than the Alonzo Mourning DPOY lead 98 Miami Heat who had a 102.0 rated defense, but were only ranked 7th?

Be serious here.

if you're gona get technical about it, The Lakers were just as good a defensive team than a Pistons team who were two years removed from winning the 04 championship. Artest matched up better with KD than anyone on that Pistons team did against LeBron.

Also you gotta ask yourself, whats more impressive? Pushing a team that lost in the ECF 4-2 against the future champs (The Heat) to seven games. Or losing in six to the eventual champs?

But it doesn't matter how Artest matches up with KD, because Artest surely didn't stop KD 1 on 1 the entire time. The Lakers team defense worked together to limit KD. No matter what spin you want to put on it, the Pistons were a better defensive team and they did a worse job of limiting LeBron. In fact they were so worn out by LeBron and the Cavs I honestly think that's the only reason the Heat were able to come out of the East, and Wade did so much damage to the Pistons, because it was clear they were a better team than Miami and were the best in the NBA.

JabberJaw
09-22-2010, 06:11 PM
You forgot to add this at the end of the quote: "paid for and approved by ESPN"
KD = overhyped
Let the dude get out of the first round at least...

Come on now! If there has been anyone that has been the main focus of ESPN, in the last 20 years, it is Lebron. If they could have shown highlights of Lebron sleeping, they would've. Lebron just shot himself in the foot a bit when his arrogance got the best of him with the whole "stop the world, i'm going to make my decision" press conference. Meanwhile, Durant tweets his extension, and thanks his fans. You would've thought Durant was older. Durant is now being hyped kind of like Lebron, but nowhere near as ridiculously. Lebron will always be the most hyped player, IMO. He's been lauded and hyped for every thing he did. No matter how minor it was, it was on ESPN. I'd remember seeing highlights of a game where his statline was garbage, and they'd lose and they still would only show Lebron highlights. So, please don't go overboard saying Durant is overhyped, when clearly all the attention has and will continue to be on Lebron. LBJ just screwed himself with the fans for being unprofessional and arrogant.

Burkey3472
09-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Durant might be a better pure scorer but Lebron as an overall player is much better.

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Common Hawkeye, I thought looking at head-to-head match ups wasn't the best way of comparing players? lol, just playin.

Artest had his way with KD in the playoffs because he was physical with him. LBJ wouldn't have been fazed as easily as KD because of his size; I was just making the point that nobody on the Pistons matched up with LBJ was well as Artest did with KD.

well it is when someone is trying to say Artest would shut down LeBron like has was able to do to Durant.
And again, I said playoffs is a different game, so I don't toss that matchup to date up as absolute.

and your second paragraph is exactly why no one on one defender can handle James. Great team defenses can, but no one man can have an effect on LeBron

Wade>You
09-22-2010, 06:13 PM
He's lying.Along with a lot of people these days.

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Lebron's also never faced Phil Jackson in the playoffs.

I thought I covered myself by mentioning that.....
But yes, the Lakers TEAM defense would need to shut down LeBron. Artest is strong enough to bother Durant solo for 7 games. He aint doing that to James.

beasted86
09-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Come on now! If there has been anyone that has been the main focus of ESPN, in the last 20 years, it is Lebron. If they could have shown highlights of Lebron sleeping, they would've. Lebron just shot himself in the foot a bit when his arrogance got the best of him with the whole "stop the world, i'm going to make my decision" press conference. Meanwhile, Durant tweets his extension, and thanks his fans. You would've thought Durant was older. Durant is now being hyped kind of like Lebron, but nowhere near as ridiculously. Lebron will always be the most hyped player, IMO. He's been lauded and hyped for every thing he did. No matter how minor it was, it was on ESPN. I'd remember seeing highlights of a game where his statline was garbage, and they'd lose and they still would only show Lebron highlights. So, please don't go overboard saying Durant is overhyped, when clearly all the attention has and will continue to be on Lebron. LBJ just screwed himself with the fans for being unprofessional and arrogant.

I'll be completely honest, I was disgusted by the LeBron hype, and am slightly annoyed with the Durant hype already, but you are right... it is nowhere near that level yet.

But ESPN in general needs to stop hyping players into this "face of the NBA" category. They are constantly trying to look for a Jordan replacement.

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 06:16 PM
I do find it funny that many here say, "James didn't play against the Lakers defense". Well, he beat the Piston's defense, the same team that had essentially manhandled the Lakers in 04'.
Just saying

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 06:18 PM
well, I have had enough fun in here, another thread that will spin its wheels.

LeBron's distribution ability is what seperates them totally. Anyone who not only watches them both play, but reads stats will admit this. The gap in their playmaking ability for their teammates is so great, the debate over their small differences in other areas is trumped.

Lata

ChiSox219
09-22-2010, 06:21 PM
I do find it funny that many here say, "James didn't play against the Lakers defense". Well, he beat the Piston's defense, the same team that had essentially manhandled the Lakers in 04'.
Just saying

Lakers self destructed in that series, not even PJ could keep Payton and Kobe in check.

smith&wesson
09-22-2010, 06:21 PM
he has the potential to be better. but he hasnt done enough yet to say he is better.

making it to the 8th seed of the playoffs doesnt automaticlly make you that great im sorry.

lebron atleast has reached the finals.

beasted86
09-22-2010, 06:27 PM
The 2005-2006 Pistons didn't win 64 games either, they were 60-22. Considering they played in a conference where 3 of the 8 playoff teams weren't above .500, and the Lakers won 57 games in a conference where every single playoff team won 50 games, I'd have to disagree and say the 2009-2010 champion Lakers were a better team than the 2005-2006 Pistons who didn't make the finals in a less competitive league.

Again, you must be looking at the wrong season. The 05-06 Pistons were 64-18. 05-06 is LeBron's 3rd season at 21yrs old where he won the scoring title and so forth. That's why we are comparing that specific season and playoff matchup to Durant's.

And I answered your question about why the Heat beat them already.

dimgim
09-22-2010, 06:32 PM

Your trippin a better passer every year? the guy averages 2 assts a game and for a guy with the ball in his hands that much thats horrible. But their games are too different to compare anyway the better comparison would be Durant and Kobe. Can't wait till all you haters see what Miami does to your team this season...redemption is at hand people.

Bruno
09-22-2010, 06:36 PM
I think you are missing the point. A higher ranking among teams means nothing, it only means the entire league is weaker defensively. The actual rating is what is important.

Do you honestly think because the '10 Lakers ranked 4th with a 103.7 rated defense, they are actually any better than the Alonzo Mourning DPOY lead 98 Miami Heat who had a 102.0 rated defense, but were only ranked 7th?

No, I don't think that. I understand your point. I'm just saying, when the defensive ratings are so close (103.1 vs 103.7) you gotta consider other factors. Such as the fact that Billups, Hamilton, R. Wallace, B. Wallace, Prince, and McDyess all played at least 80 games. That's pretty amazing, for ever single key player on your team to be that healthy.

When you compare that with the 09-10 Lakers, you gotta consider how a lot of key Lakers missed a lot of games. Bryant missed 9 games, Gasol missed 17 games, Bynum missed 17 games, and Artest missed 5 games. I wonder how much the Lakers overall team defensive ranking went down because of the fact that these starters missed a combined 48 games for the 2009-2010 season.

Despite the games they missed in the regular season, and how those games effected their regular season record and defensive ranking, all those players were active for the series against OKC, and KD had to deal with the whole team, Artest especially.

LBJ is better than KD. I was just making the point that Artest was better at guarding KD individually, than any single Piston was at guarding James. And that it's not ridiculous to think the 09-10 Laker team defense was comparable to the 2005-2006 Piston team defense considering how close they were in D. rating, and how many games key Laker starters missed in comparison.

beasted86
09-22-2010, 06:44 PM
No, I don't think that. I understand your point. I'm just saying, when the defensive ratings are so close (103.1 vs 103.7) you gotta consider other factors. Such as the fact that Billups, Hamilton, R. Wallace, B. Wallace, Prince, and McDyess all played at least 80 games. That's pretty amazing, for ever single key player on your team to be that healthy.

When you compare that with the 09-10 Lakers, you gotta consider how a lot of key Lakers missed a lot of games. Bryant missed 9 games, Gasol missed 17 games, Bynum missed 17 games, and Artest missed 5 games. I wonder how much the Lakers overall team defensive ranking went down because of the fact that these starters missed a combined 48 games for the 2009-2010 season.

Despite the games they missed in the regular season, and how those games effected their regular season record and defensive ranking, all those players were active for the series against OKC, and KD had to deal with the whole team, Artest especially.

LBJ is better than KD. I was just making the point that Artest was better at guarding KD individually, than any single Piston was at guarding James. And that it's not ridiculous to think the 09-10 Laker team defense was comparable to the 2005-2006 Piston team defense considering how close they were in D. rating, and how many games key Laker starters missed in comparison.
So basically you are saying that even with injured players, the Lakers were a better defensive team than the Pistons?

That makes no sense. I understand where you are going with the injuries thing, but that exactly describes why they weren't as strong as the '06 Pistons in D rating, O rating, and wins.

Either way KD was "shut down", LeBron was "limited" if you want to go that far... while comparing two similar rated defense. That was my whole point, that LeBron did better against a good defense than KD did... and Cavs pushed it to 7 games while Thunder only got it to 6.

mcohio
09-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Can't wait till all you haters see what Miami does to your team this season...redemption is at hand people.

What are is being redemed? The way I see it; it's proving themselves as a team.

And yes I'm a hater and I enjoy all others joining in my hate. :) Of course I know the Heat will be awesome; doesn't mean I even remotely have to respect or like LBJ. And I don't. :D

ChiSox219
09-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Easier to rate better in DRtg when the league is less potent offensively.

beasted86
09-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Easier to rate better in DRtg when the league is less potent offensively.
Now you are really spinning.

I can easily say it was because the league was more potent defensively.

Geargo Wallace
09-22-2010, 06:51 PM
hate hate hate hate hate

Dwight is looking like Silky Johnson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N5p8IXzNdc

NYY 26 to 7
09-22-2010, 06:52 PM
Aside from most of that being baiting, you start off your statement with something LeBron also did in his 3rd year.

But it's okay, I already figured you had nothing constructive to add to the discussion and just wanted to rant negatively about the Heat.

Actually none of that is "baiting". I honestly haven't read anything constructive from a heat fan since this all happened - its only different versions of "you mad?". I would honestly love to know why he is being defended to no end by Heat fans. KD aside. Why? Just because he is on the Heat? He has no rings and in many peoples eyes any going forward with Wade and Bosh are tarnished when considering his legacy (which you can argue all you want but most won't change their mind). I love DWade and used to enjoy watching LeBron (although his public personality I have never really liked - too PR groomed he seems fake). That doesn't mean I can't think watching the two that KD is better. I think LeBron doesn't have a killer instinct or the inner drive to keep getting better. The fact that no one can have an opinion other than a Heat fan on these boards is amazing. Basketball is so much more than stats.

ChiSox219
09-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Now you are really spinning.

I can easily say it was because the league was more potent defensively.

Same thing, the Pistons were closer to the league's average DRTG than the Lakers, right now, that's the closest thing to an adjusted DRtg I know of.

beasted86
09-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Actually none of that is "baiting". I honestly haven't read anything constructive from a heat fan since this all happened - its only different versions of "you mad?". I would honestly love to know why he is being defended to no end by Heat fans. KD aside. Why? Just because he is on the Heat? He has no rings and in many peoples eyes any going forward with Wade and Bosh are tarnished when considering his legacy (which you can argue all you want but most won't change their mind). I love DWade and used to enjoy watching LeBron (although his public personality I have never really liked - too PR groomed he seems fake). That doesn't mean I can't think watching the two that KD is better. I think LeBron doesn't have a killer instinct or the inner drive to keep getting better. The fact that no one can have an opinion other than a Heat fan on these boards is amazing. Basketball is so much more than stats.

As I said, if you have nothing constructive and relevant to the topic to add, just don't post. You clearly don't know anything about "Heat fans" if you generalize all into one category, and call out somebody that posts in as diverse topics as I do. Feel free to click on my username and see all the different threads about different players and topics I post on.

Anyway, your posts in this thread were mostly worthless and unnecessary.

hgtiger32
09-22-2010, 07:08 PM
Dwight Howards, Chris Paul, and Kevin Durant my 3 favorite players in that order. LeBron is the best player in the NBA. Period. End of discussion.

hgtiger32
09-22-2010, 07:10 PM
willing to longterm sig-bet that LeBron wins 3 before Durant wins 1

Knickfansince97
09-22-2010, 07:17 PM
As I said, if you have nothing constructive and relevant to the topic to add, just don't post. You clearly don't know anything about "Heat fans" if you generalize all into one category, and call out somebody that posts in as diverse topics as I do. Feel free to click on my username and see all the different threads about different players and topics I post on.

Anyway, your posts in this thread were mostly worthless and unnecessary.

^^^^ wrong most of the things he said were relevant and true

dnewguy
09-22-2010, 07:18 PM
lol @ how people say Durant is a better scorer than Bron just because of FIBA. When Lebron played international ball, he was passing, he didn't even average half the shots Durant averaged. Lebron shot above .500 last season as a Small forward....averaged 29.1, how is Durant even better at shooting? Howard is a joke, he just mad at the Lebron for obvious reasons...lol.

Why are we even comparing Durant to Lebron, are we drunk? they're not even close by 500 miles.

Knickfansince97
09-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Durant = Future

dimgim
09-22-2010, 07:21 PM
What are is being redemed? The way I see it; it's proving themselves as a team.

And yes I'm a hater and I enjoy all others joining in my hate. :) Of course I know the Heat will be awesome; doesn't mean I even remotely have to respect or like LBJ. And I don't. :D

How can you not respect a guy that did everything he did for your team (Cavs) he didn't ask to be drafted by Cleveland all he did this offseason was go where he wanted to go.

mcflash03
09-22-2010, 07:23 PM
Lebron may be better now but it took Durant two seasons to get to be a top player in the game and win a scoring title.

dimgim
09-22-2010, 07:25 PM
^^^^ wrong most of the things he said were relevant and true

True to haters maybe

Baller1
09-22-2010, 07:30 PM

Seriously, it's not like these guys actually play against Durant or anything...

Baller1
09-22-2010, 07:32 PM
To respond to this... No Durant is not better yet. But, to those of you saying there's no comparison and that LeBron is better "by miles", are very mistaken.

Durant will prove that this season.

mjt20mik
09-22-2010, 07:35 PM
True to haters maybe

I don't think his last post of relevant, but it seems to be slightly true. I mean, every team has its own versions of fans knowing close to nothing about the game, yet flaunting on a sports forum acting like they know a lot. It's just over the past few months, there have been a lot of more heat posters (no offense to you long time heat fans that actually articulate and post well thought out ideas) than others. I guess, that is frustrating part.

Other than that, I think it's a slap to Lebron's face to say that KD is better than him at this point. Lebron's personal and team achievements go far past those of KD. That being said, I think Durant in say 2 - 3 years will definitely overtake Bron.

dimgim
09-22-2010, 07:41 PM
I don't think his last post of relevant, but it seems to be slightly true. I mean, every team has its own versions of fans knowing close to nothing about the game, yet flaunting on a sports forum acting like they know a lot. It's just over the past few months, there have been a lot of more heat posters (no offense to you long time heat fans that actually articulate and post well thought out ideas) than others. I guess, that is frustrating part.

Other than that, I think it's a slap to Lebron's face to say that KD is better than him at this point. Lebron's personal and team achievements go far past those of KD. That being said, I think Durant in say 2 - 3 years will definitely overtake Bron.

Very well said sir...now this here is how you post. But hey if Lebron is averaging a triple double all the while I don't think many will be placing Durant above him.

Baller1
09-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Very well said sir...now this here is how you post. But hey if Lebron is averaging a triple double all the while I don't think many will be placing Durant above him.

Durant will be hoisting the MVP trophy, so it will still be debated.

Zefflin
09-22-2010, 07:51 PM
To respond to this... No Durant is not better yet. But, to those of you saying there's no comparison and that LeBron is better "by miles", are very mistaken.

What he said.

I'm glad D12 stirred some **** up.

SteveNash
09-22-2010, 07:52 PM

Durant will prove that his hype is undeserved next season.

Baller1
09-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Durant will prove that his hype is undeserved next season.

Once again, I've still yet to see you ever make a comment containing something other than a negative opinion.

lakersrnumber1
09-22-2010, 07:55 PM
the reporter got it wrong wat he was sayin was durant will be the best player after kobe steps down lol not bron

SteveNash
09-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Once again, I've still yet to see you ever make a comment containing something other than a negative opinion.

Russell Westbrook is the MVP of the Thunder.

MELO 15
09-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Suprised this thread isn't closed yet!, Suppose its favortism?

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-22-2010, 08:35 PM
Lebron is slightly the better player right now. It's not as far as some would think.. But I believe Durant has more mental toughness than Lebron come playoff time. When the going gets rough for Lebron which he is not used to bcuz he's such a great player, he folds. I think playing with Wade who has that killer instinct will hide Lebrons fatal flaw. Durant has that killer instinct all the time.. He doesn't have a fragile ego in adversity.
And to all the Heat fans that'll roast me 4 this post . I'd still take Lebron in a second. Butif it was between him or Durant I'd think long and hard but I'd prob choose Durant if my team had a solid playmaking point guard

tredigs
09-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Durant gained incredible experience over last seasons playoffs [not many young superstars get their first go around in the playoffs against the games best team+coach actively focusing to shut you down] + leading our Gold medal team, which is going to be HUGE for him going into this seasons playoffs.

At that point, I believe we'll see him + the Thunder begin to put it all together and showcase him as an interchangeable top 3-4 player in the league (with Lebron/Kobe/Wade). The talent/skill/motivation he has is an unbelievable combo and growing at a ridiculous rate, but I'm waiting for it to be truly proven in the playoffs before I can anoint him at or above those three as far as 'player rankings' goes. So for now, he stays at #4 for me.

Expect that to change. His nearly unmatched work ethic combined with ridiculous talent is what I think will prove to separate him from the other current superstars [with the exception of possibly Lebron].

mcohio
09-22-2010, 08:55 PM
How can you not respect a guy that did everything he did for your team (Cavs) he didn't ask to be drafted by Cleveland all he did this offseason was go where he wanted to go.

I'm a hater; I thought I made that clear? You can read some of my old posts if you really care about my reasons. If not, and most likely the case, just know that I despise LBJ (i.e. hater). :)

I'm still curious about your redeemed comment.

P.S. I sill think LBJ is the best player in the game, arguably with Kobe, but better than Durant right now.

CHANGO
09-22-2010, 09:30 PM
Durant is good, but to reach the level of Kobe, Wade or Lebron is too far ... Even so, I trust that with the experience, may improve a bit and at least be a little closer to Lebron!

Master Mind
09-22-2010, 09:33 PM
I will continue to say this til the cows come home, KD is good but he's a ball hog!...

stawka
09-22-2010, 09:44 PM
So this stays open but the Kevin Love one is closed? Both players played with these guys on the USA team, I wonder why :rolleyes:

Kashmir13579
09-22-2010, 09:51 PM
I would totally want to tell the dude I have to get through in the playoffs that Durant is better......

he has gotten through bron in the playoffs.

dodie53
09-22-2010, 10:10 PM
ok dwight.

now,
give me 100!

ronaldsmith_86
09-22-2010, 10:16 PM
I just have one question question, why is it that anytime anyone voices their opinion on LBJ other than saying he is the greatest ever many Heat fans (not all) always say that they are hating on LBJ? Howard just said he thinks Durant is a better player (which i don't agree with even though i like durant better) but that being said how is voicing ones opinion hating on the guy. It just seems if you don't worship LBJ or think the heat are a lock to win the chip then you are hating. Not tryna start a argument but jut really wondering?

xxcubs22xx
09-22-2010, 11:18 PM
Idk guys, i think Durant is very close to surpassing Lebron, in my book.

Hustlenomics
09-22-2010, 11:25 PM
he says this all the time lol don't know why they keep asking him and why bash durant when he's a hell of a player

fishfan79
09-22-2010, 11:29 PM
dwight should go back to practing a move besides dunking

oO ShowTime Oo
09-22-2010, 11:49 PM
Heat fans talk trash because they think just because they got 3 stars, that there going to blow out every team....well that's were there wrong, 1 ball 3 stars. They WILL fall apart. Kevin durant leads his team, lebron is a ballhog. Kd > Lj

MELO 15
09-22-2010, 11:57 PM
So this stays open but the Kevin Love one is closed? Both players played with these guys on the USA team, I wonder why :rolleyes:

I think u know why. (1) Someone love durant and is letting it ride, (2) Favortism, (3) Just felt like closing it for the heck of it, and because they can. U pick 1, 2, or 3

Baller1
09-23-2010, 02:04 AM
I will continue to say this til the cows come home, KD is good but he's a ball hog!...

And you will continue to be wrong.

mbarajas138
09-23-2010, 02:27 AM
Now, ask him if Duran is better than Kobe.

jackdawson
09-23-2010, 02:46 AM
Same ***** went on player rankings threads. We need the season to start. Damn, Durant is absolutely being over-hyped now. He is such a nice kid but look what media is doing to him. I guarantee he was loved by EVERYONE just 2 months ago but now there are haters for him too. Media/Internet can change your perceptions of a player real quick. Talk about ****ing media speculations :facepalm:

Jewelz0376
09-23-2010, 02:50 AM
Durant better than Lebron?? lol yea ok

Lebron was 1st team all defensive ...what was Durant??? Oh yea he didn't make either team..

I would go on...but that statement alone means Durant is def NOT better than Lebron...

Master Mind
09-23-2010, 03:08 AM
And you will continue to be wrong.

I like KD but he has that Beasley syndrome...Shoot first

Montana_Rob
09-23-2010, 03:48 AM
As much as I hate the heat thing, Lebron is clearly better

heyman321
09-23-2010, 09:11 AM
I think u know why. (1) Someone love durant and is letting it ride, (2) Favortism, (3) Just felt like closing it for the heck of it, and because they can. U pick 1, 2, or 3

It's cause the mods can do whatever they want. If JordansBulls feels like making a thread about how many games you have on VHS, it stays open. But if someone makes a thread about how say Scalabrine is getting signed it's closed because it's a "minor signing", but yet still a signing. :rolleyes:

Double_R
09-23-2010, 09:27 AM
Lebron is a better passer and help defender, Durant is a better shooter and on ball defender and the rest they are pretty similar... Lebron is better now, but Durant may be better in the future...

It's hard for me to buy Lebron being the best for the length of his career, when he isn't that great of a shooter or ft shooter and his form just looks ugly, so I have a hard time believing he will ever be; I know he has a decent fg%, but that is partly because he does get hot sometimes and also because of all the wide open looks he gets because teams don't respect his jumper and he drives the majority of the time.

JARVIS123
09-23-2010, 09:34 AM
Dwight need to be working on his game before making a statement like that. if he knew anything about players and stats . Lebron is better than Durant.and not just scoring but making other players better.

Double_R
09-23-2010, 09:45 AM
Dwight need to be working on his game before making a statement like that. if he knew anything about players and stats . Lebron is better than Durant.and not just scoring but making other players better.

You probably think this because he has more assists right

Jemikz9Clutch
09-23-2010, 09:56 AM
D12, full time comedian.

Focused1
09-23-2010, 10:08 AM
He Should Know Better Than That

Baller1
09-23-2010, 10:55 AM
I like KD but he has that Beasley syndrome...Shoot first

Well, considering he scored at a historical rate and has the utmost respect of his teammates, I think it's safe to say he's doing just fine with the role he's been given.

WadeKobe
09-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Well, considering he scored at a historical rate and has the utmost respect of his teammates, I think it's safe to say he's doing just fine with the role he's been given.

30.1 ppg is a historical rate?

Come on. That is the 3rd LOWEST PPG average by a scoring champion in the last 10 years.

Can we seriously cut the hype?

L@ker4Life
09-23-2010, 12:31 PM
you must've been smoking the same thing howard was durant is not a better on ball defender than james and his passing isnt close james is a great passer

I disagree. KD is a better on ball defender than LBJ. LBJ is a better help defender tho. And yes I agree with you that LBJ is a far bette passer than Lebron.

If i was starting a team today I would choose KD over LBJ. KD seems hungrier and more focused. He doesn't need the ball in his hands at all times to be effective. His is a smoother scorer and can hit from anywhere on the court.

HOZ THE KNICK
09-23-2010, 12:35 PM
of course right now lebron is better but the kid is just 21 yrs old wait to 2 or 3 yrs a lot here will change their tune.

bigsams50
09-23-2010, 12:42 PM
ok, but Durant didn't have guys like Duncan, Wade, Melo, Dwight either. His next best player was Rose.

So since they lost too how come you dont ever hold it againts them either? You only bring it up when Lebron is in the discussion

bigsams50
09-23-2010, 12:54 PM
I dont see how anyone could say Durant is better than LeBron. LeBron is a walking triple double while all Durant is known for so far is his scoring ability. :shrug:

Giantwarrior
09-23-2010, 12:59 PM
who cares. just another opinion.

dont get your panties twisted.

Ace33Bone
09-23-2010, 01:53 PM
LeBron and Kevin are my #1 and #2 fav players... and although I think that LBJ is currently better... It will only be a matter of time before Durant surpasses him... Durants work ethics are unmatched by any other player in the league besides for Kobe

THE MTL
09-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Lebron said he has a hit list of the people he's coming after this season. Howard you wanna be on it? LOL.

Boo2u
09-23-2010, 02:50 PM
i strongly dislike lebron but hes still got durant's number

This.

Sums it up better than I could say it myself.

*DISCLAIMER... I reserve the right to change my vote to Durant, if we're talking about playing under pressure. LeBron is a different player when things are falling apart and going against him. Too bad we won't see much of that LeBron anymore given his supporting cast in Miami.

Sandman
09-23-2010, 02:52 PM
I don't know if hes better right now, September 2010, but Howard has always been in awe of Durant. In an interview a while back he talked about Durant being just as tall but able to play like a guard.

Antipod
09-23-2010, 03:32 PM
No he`s not. Maybe in like 5 years, when `Bron body will start to give up

Mplsman
09-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Could be in a couple seasons.

CowboysKB24
09-23-2010, 04:46 PM
I agree. Durant is best player in the league. He is a real man.

koreancabbage
09-23-2010, 06:14 PM
lebron is still the better all round player. sorry. Durant is just a scorer.

nickdymez
09-23-2010, 06:48 PM

Id love more than anything to see Lebron James Guard (in no particular order): Dirk, Duncan,Gasol,Amare,west, etc, etc, etc...

:speechless::speechless:

koreancabbage
09-23-2010, 07:05 PM
Id love more than anything to see Lebron James Guard (in no particular order): Dirk, Duncan,Gasol,Amare,west, etc, etc, etc...

:speechless::speechless:

he'll probably do a decent job. Lebron is ripped. On offense, he'll run amok on those guys, He's faster and much better footwork than all those guys.

nickdymez
09-23-2010, 07:22 PM
This unconditional love for Lebron James just has to stop!!!

Oh wait, i just saw your sig.. I understand now... Well i think Kobe can play center...

Zefflin
09-23-2010, 07:46 PM
he'll probably do a decent job. Lebron is ripped. On offense, he'll run amok on those guys, He's faster and much better footwork than all those guys.

You think Lebron has better footwork then Gasol and Timmy D? Wow, what next? Bron shoots better 3's then Dirk too?

Wade>You
09-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Dwight Howard is trying too hard to be Shaq.

WadeKobe
09-23-2010, 08:06 PM
This unconditional love for Lebron James just has to stop!!!

Oh wait, i just saw your sig.. I understand now... Well i think Kobe can play center...

Yes, it does. But at the same time, the Unconditional Love for Durant is even worse and CERTAINLY needs to stop.

NY-FLmagicknick
09-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Finally Kobe is getting the respect he deserves. After winning the championship last year people are finally putting him on a level where nobody is at. I like the Durant v.s. Lebron debate better. Its a lot closer then kobe v.s. lebron. Kobe should only start being compared to Jordan rather then lebron!!!

MackSnackWrap
09-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Dwight mustve smoked some serious dankkkkk when he said thiss!!!
Lebron >>>>>> Durant, stop the ****ing comparisons. Only thing durant has a slight edge on lebron is on shooting SLIGHTLY! Lebron wins in every other category by a landslide.

MackSnackWrap
09-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Lebron >>>>>> Durant, stop the ****ing comparisons. Only thing durant has a slight edge on lebron is on shooting SLIGHTLY! Lebron wins in every other category by a landslide. Let The Hatin Begin.

tredigs
09-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Durant's Response: http://twitter.com/KDthunderup

"Preciate that dwight...but I'm not on Lebron James level yet..I'm working hard as I can tho, believe that..ima competitor but I'm bein real

about 2 hours ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®"

Solid/honest response, as always from KD. Sounds about right.

Cano4prez
09-23-2010, 08:52 PM

"Preciate that dwight...but I'm not on Lebron James level yet..I'm working hard as I can tho, believe that..ima competitor but I'm bein real

KD is such a class act

Wade>You
09-23-2010, 09:14 PM
I think KD understands that people are upping his status as a slap to LeBron/Wade in the face. A great player, but what people are doing is wrong.

Zefflin
09-23-2010, 09:26 PM
A great player, but what people are doing is wrong.

:cry:

WadeKobe
09-23-2010, 09:27 PM

Sold. Honest. Humble. That's why I and many others love KD. But people need to realize that he's right. He will never be the type of player LeBron is, and it will be hard to compare who's "better" in a few years.

However, this hyping a kid up so high that he can't do anything but disappoint is ridiculous, and lying through your teeth to slap LeBron/Wade in the face is even worse.

NBA Fans have got to be better than what they've shown for the past 2 months.

tredigs
09-23-2010, 09:29 PM
I think KD understands that people are upping his status as a slap to LeBron/Wade in the face. A great player, but what people are doing is wrong.

KD's earning the respect that he's getting. He may be popular on here (partly because of the fact that OKC has not contended yet, and he's such a good guy that people can't help but root for him), but he doesn't/hasn't gotten NEARLY the press/praise that Wade/Melo/Kobe/'Bron did or currently do get.

I just don't get the people who say he's overhyped. This is a friggin' AMAZING young player who is just now starting to fully tap into his potential, and the rest of the league/fans are beginning to take notice. But, he's still not on any of the top stars hype level. What he's gotten, he has absolutely earned.

95% of people still have Lebron over him, and Wade + Kobe as well. I think he's "rated" just about right, to be honest.

h2r09
09-23-2010, 09:38 PM
im trying really hard not to like durant but its not working. great representative of the league but its not close between him and lebron. the best basketball player in the league is lebron and it really isnt close. like at all. that is how dominating this guy is.

IrespectNumber3
09-23-2010, 09:40 PM
This

"To be honest I appreciate Kenny smith comments but I'm not on dwade melo dirk Paul p level, I ain't done nothing yet...but stay tuned!" -Kevin Durant

Coming from the man himself everybody should just quit hating on Lebron...and acting like Durant is the second coming to Michael Jordan...

The guy has yet to get out of the first round of the playoffs yet. Kevin Durant is going to have a very very bright future. But to say he is better then Lebron... No...

As far as the SF position goes

Lebron James

Kevin Durant
Carmelo Anthony

koreancabbage
09-24-2010, 08:43 AM
You think Lebron has better footwork then Gasol and Timmy D? Wow, what next? Bron shoots better 3's then Dirk too?

yes, i do think Lebron has better footwork than Gasol and Timmy D- You're on something if you don't think that he doesn't have better footwork than all the power forwards in the league. In terms of where he wants to go, getting in the lane, he's much better than both those guys. Those guys can't stop him on offense, while Lebron could have mild success on defense against Gasol and Timmy D. he's a guard with the build of a small-forward/power-forward. Better handles as well.

Dirk is 7 feet tall that stands at the 3 point line- no one is going to block Nowitzki from there- basically a clear view of shooting the ball. Being said, Lebron is a chucker outside of 15 feet lol

koreancabbage
09-24-2010, 08:45 AM
Lebron >>>>>> Durant, stop the ****ing comparisons. Only thing durant has a slight edge on lebron is on shooting SLIGHTLY! Lebron wins in every other category by a landslide.

this

i don't know how people are saying he's better than Lebron other than the fact he doesn't have an ego (that we know of)

nickdymez
09-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Just saying

lol@ manhandled.. Sladva medvadinko was our starting power forward that year.. Injuries killed us, not the pistons..

nickdymez
09-24-2010, 02:01 PM
im trying really hard not to like durant but its not working. great representative of the league but its not close between him and lebron. the best basketball player in the league is lebron and it really isnt close. like at all. that is how dominating this guy is.

Kobe is the best player in the league until he stops winning championships... Lebron doesnt have those.. Its hard for me to crown a guy the best when he hasn't won anything but has had the best record in the league twice and made the finals once...

RCarlson85
09-24-2010, 02:10 PM
Howard is delusional. It's funny that after he came out and said this that Durant comes back and says that he's not as good as Lebron. D12 needs to stop trying to bring Lebron and the Heat down. Just admit that you're scared Dwight or shut up.

Boo2u
09-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Finally Kobe is getting the respect he deserves. After winning the championship last year people are finally putting him on a level where nobody is at. I like the Durant v.s. Lebron debate better. Its a lot closer then kobe v.s. lebron. Kobe should only start being compared to Jordan rather then lebron!!!

:facepalm:

Are you kidding me? Kobe was dubbed a top 10 player before he ever even played a game. He's great, has the rings, the stats, and the respect of everyone. But you can't back up saying he stands alone with MJ as two of the best players of all time however, that's taking it way too far. He's "among" the best players ever, and you could make an argument for him as one of the best at his position all-time, unless you're only looking at the last 10 or so years as your "all time" pool of candidates.

Here are the 10 players voted best all time earlier this year after extensive research, expert analysis & polling by the Associated Press (they allow syndication, so I cut & paste their final standings, trimmed a bit). I can't really say I'd bump any of these guys in favor of Kobe, and I DO think he's one of the best ever. I'll post the list for your benefit, but if you really think otherwise, start a separate thread on this since it spun off topic.

1 -- Michael Jordan, five-time MVP, ten-time All-NBA first team, nine-time All-NBA All Defensive team, 14-time All-Star and six-time NBA champion - a perfect six for six in the NBA Finals.

2 -- Wilt Chamberlain, still holds many of the NBA single-season and single-game records in scoring and rebounding. Statistically Chamberlain is the most dominant center ever to play, though lack of similarly skilled teammates for much of his career limited him to two NBA championships.

3 -- Bill Russell, with the most victories in the history of the NBA (by a wide margin!). In his 13-year career with the Boston Celtics, he won 11 NBA titles and his defense was one of the biggest keys to the team's success.

4 -- Oscar Robertson, a walking triple double threat and the only NBA player to average a triple double for an entire season. He is the only guard to average over ten rebounds in a season and his ability to fill the stat sheet is legendary. The year after he retired, his Milwaukee Bucks went from the NBA Finals to the worst team in the division.

5 -- Earvin "Magic" Johnson is widely regarded as the best point guard to ever play the game of basketball. At the end of his five-NBA-title career, he averaged an unheard of 11 assists per game and his amazing court vision led to dazzling passes that fueled the Showtime Lakers' near-domination of the 80s.

6 -- Julius "Dr. J" Irving revolutionized basketball. His flashy style lifted the game from the hardwood to the heights above the rim. One of the best dunkers of all time, players generations later are still trying to emulate the moves he brought to the floor.

7 -- Kareem Abdul Jabbar, master of the Skyhook, was as dominating a force for the Bucks as he was for the Lakers. With Jabbar on the roster, both teams were larger-than-life forces that were nearly unstoppable.

8 -- Walt "Clyde" Frazier was one of the quickest players and one of the best defenders of all of the top NBA players. His outside shooting touch and defense were the engine behind the only two championships won by the New York Knicks.

9 -- Larry Bird revived the Boston Celtics dynasty and kindled one of the greatest rivalries in the history of the NBA with the Showtime Lakers. Bird famously entered the locker room of the first-ever Three-point Shootout with the quip, "Who's coming in second?" and seemed to be asking that question throughout his playing career of every team that played against him.

10 -- Hakeem Olajuwon is the NBA all-time leader in blocked shots. His defense, paired with his devastating Dream Shake, led the Rockets to back-to-back NBA titles. His smooth mix of offense and defense allowed him to dominate opponents. He was quick enough to score on any big man in the league and finished his career as the only center ranked in the top ten in steals.

DeyAce
09-24-2010, 08:21 PM
lebron > Durant

Voodoo Alchemy
09-24-2010, 10:35 PM
-- Dan asked Howard who is better ... Kevin Durant or LeBron James? "I'm gonna go with Kevin," Howard said.

why is that so shocking? durant is the best player in the nba...period!

koreancabbage
09-24-2010, 11:37 PM

why is that so shocking? durant is the best player in the nba...period!

another delusional Durant **** rider.

TehSamurai
09-24-2010, 11:43 PM
Dwight is wrong.

oO ShowTime Oo
09-25-2010, 12:10 AM
Im really starting to hate these heat fans. They talk mad ***** about lebron when he was a cav, now they say he is better than Kobe. LMAO, ya don't know anything, lebron is a choke and so as Bosh. And its Howard's opinion, now people are tripp because he says Durant. It's sports, stop trying to bash kids because your team got three stars. At least they are actually fans and not a bandwagon like heat fans. But it's all good tho, its basketball

bbblack40
09-25-2010, 12:21 AM
D.Howard never said who he thought was better the media took his comment and twisted to try to make it into something it wasnt. The question howard was asked who would you want as a teammate and he answer durant so i really dont see anything wrong with that, durant would be a better fit for him so people cant get mad at that.

Yunqn
09-25-2010, 12:27 AM
Kobe is the best player in the league until he stops winning championships... Lebron doesnt have those.. Its hard for me to crown a guy the best when he hasn't won anything but has had the best record in the league twice and made the finals once...

And its harder for me to say kobes better than wade because kobe couldn't get to the second round with odom as his 2nd best player vs a guy who went to the finals with Larry Hughes as his sidekick..

Wade>kobe honestly

And this Kevin durant hype is getting out of hand.. Put durant on Cleveland with that exact roster of Eric snow Damon Jones Daniel Gibson I mean listen to the names these guys are honestly bums..and its crazy how you look back and say lebron isn't amazing..and for scoring? Really durant did his best to win the scoring title.. lebron sat down and didn't care and almost won it mind you his assist are better than most starting point guards.. That's crazy how ya really overrating this kid.. He's good but compare him to carmelo or tmac in his prime.. not close to lebron..

JordansBulls
09-26-2010, 11:52 AM

Are you kidding me? Kobe was dubbed a top 10 player before he ever even played a game. He's great, has the rings, the stats, and the respect of everyone. But you can't back up saying he stands alone with MJ as two of the best players of all time however, that's taking it way too far. He's "among" the best players ever, and you could make an argument for him as one of the best at his position all-time, unless you're only looking at the last 10 or so years as your "all time" pool of candidates.

Here are the 10 players voted best all time earlier this year after extensive research, expert analysis & polling by the Associated Press (they allow syndication, so I cut & paste their final standings, trimmed a bit). I can't really say I'd bump any of these guys in favor of Kobe, and I DO think he's one of the best ever. I'll post the list for your benefit, but if you really think otherwise, start a separate thread on this since it spun off topic.

1 -- Michael Jordan, five-time MVP, ten-time All-NBA first team, nine-time All-NBA All Defensive team, 14-time All-Star and six-time NBA champion - a perfect six for six in the NBA Finals.

2 -- Wilt Chamberlain, still holds many of the NBA single-season and single-game records in scoring and rebounding. Statistically Chamberlain is the most dominant center ever to play, though lack of similarly skilled teammates for much of his career limited him to two NBA championships.

3 -- Bill Russell, with the most victories in the history of the NBA (by a wide margin!). In his 13-year career with the Boston Celtics, he won 11 NBA titles and his defense was one of the biggest keys to the team's success.

4 -- Oscar Robertson, a walking triple double threat and the only NBA player to average a triple double for an entire season. He is the only guard to average over ten rebounds in a season and his ability to fill the stat sheet is legendary. The year after he retired, his Milwaukee Bucks went from the NBA Finals to the worst team in the division.

5 -- Earvin "Magic" Johnson is widely regarded as the best point guard to ever play the game of basketball. At the end of his five-NBA-title career, he averaged an unheard of 11 assists per game and his amazing court vision led to dazzling passes that fueled the Showtime Lakers' near-domination of the 80s.

6 -- Julius "Dr. J" Irving revolutionized basketball. His flashy style lifted the game from the hardwood to the heights above the rim. One of the best dunkers of all time, players generations later are still trying to emulate the moves he brought to the floor.

7 -- Kareem Abdul Jabbar, master of the Skyhook, was as dominating a force for the Bucks as he was for the Lakers. With Jabbar on the roster, both teams were larger-than-life forces that were nearly unstoppable.

8 -- Walt "Clyde" Frazier was one of the quickest players and one of the best defenders of all of the top NBA players. His outside shooting touch and defense were the engine behind the only two championships won by the New York Knicks.

9 -- Larry Bird revived the Boston Celtics dynasty and kindled one of the greatest rivalries in the history of the NBA with the Showtime Lakers. Bird famously entered the locker room of the first-ever Three-point Shootout with the quip, "Who's coming in second?" and seemed to be asking that question throughout his playing career of every team that played against him.

10 -- Hakeem Olajuwon is the NBA all-time leader in blocked shots. His defense, paired with his devastating Dream Shake, led the Rockets to back-to-back NBA titles. His smooth mix of offense and defense allowed him to dominate opponents. He was quick enough to score on any big man in the league and finished his career as the only center ranked in the top ten in steals.

There is no freaking way that Kareem is only 7th on the all time list. Dude is top 3 easily.

And Oscar is the one that is hyped, you got the 4th and never won anything as the best player on his team. Is that some type of joke?

lovebballlakers
09-26-2010, 12:25 PM
in all honest ill have to agree u gotta look at kd he prolly has the best shooting in the nba. Already the youngest player to win the scoring title, gonna be the youngest to win mvp prolly. he a great on ball defender, he has the drive to be better each year and will. everyone falls inlove with lebrons physical talent hes a great power player. cant be stopped in the lane but thats it hes not a good defender, only gets blocks, hes not a great shooter at all especially behind the 3 point line. everyone loves his dunks and blocks but thats al he really has from a full nba player stand point kd is the better overall player

lovebballlakers
09-26-2010, 12:31 PM

im sorry but there is no way that kareem is only 7 thats a joke and magic only 5 they both r top 3 players i would take chamberlin and russell out russell is great but hes not 3rd look at the era in witch he played they wouldnt of done those things in the 80s i wish we could have seen kareem and him go at it

lovebballlakers
09-26-2010, 12:38 PM
another delusional Durant **** rider.

yea and as ur sig says ur a banwagan dick riding fan pick a team and like it get off lebrons dick

nickdymez
09-27-2010, 12:49 PM
And its harder for me to say kobes better than wade because kobe couldn't get to the second round with odom as his 2nd best player vs a guy who went to the finals with Larry Hughes as his sidekick..

Wade>kobe honestly

And this Kevin durant hype is getting out of hand.. Put durant on Cleveland with that exact roster of Eric snow Damon Jones Daniel Gibson I mean listen to the names these guys are honestly bums..and its crazy how you look back and say lebron isn't amazing..and for scoring? Really durant did his best to win the scoring title.. lebron sat down and didn't care and almost won it mind you his assist are better than most starting point guards.. That's crazy how ya really overrating this kid.. He's good but compare him to carmelo or tmac in his prime.. not close to lebron..

Yea, Lebron played in the east. We could round up 5 guys in this thread right now and we could have made the second round in the east that year. To say That wade is better than Kobe is just flat out ridiculous and homerish...

MTar786
09-28-2010, 10:53 AM
lebron is a better passer, dribbler and off ball defender.. is stronger and faster.
durant is a better shooter, on ball defender, blocker.

its tough. ima go with lebron for ONLY one more season.
i still feel durant has a better chance at winning mvp this season though

they are equal in terms of rebounding and causing mismatches

MTar786
09-28-2010, 10:54 AM
heat fans think wade is better than kobe. And they think lebron is the best player in the world.. lol u guys are lost.

Pack_Attack6
09-28-2010, 11:03 AM
I listen to Dan Patrick Show a lot, and I remember this interview which was great Dwight is very entertaining. If I remember right Dan asked him who he would rather have on his team and he said KD. He didn't flat out ask who he thought was better. DP really had to pry at him to get an answer to that question too

boolish
09-28-2010, 12:20 PM
dwight is really one of the smartest evaluators of talent in the world. interesting....