PDA

View Full Version : #6 Player In the NBA? (Volume 3 Edition)

Mile High Champ
09-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Well the top 10 at each position is now complete, time to end it with the final poll's. For the second year in a row, we will vote to see who are the 10 best players in the NBA are. The format is the exact same so please make your vote for who you feel are the best player in the league. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round...Enjoy.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE

NBA Player Rankings:

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Lebron James
3) Dwyane Wade
4) Kevin Durant
5) Chris Paul
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

2009 Off-Season Best Player Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Lebron James
3) Dwayne Wade
4) Chris Paul
5) Dwight Howard
6) Tim Duncan
7) Dirk Nowitzki
8) Carmelo Anthony
9) Kevin Garnett
10) Brandon Roy

29$JerZ
09-22-2010, 12:17 PM
I'd pick Dwight Howard.

Mile High Champ
09-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Anyone else find it weird that Paul went higher in terms of best player in the league than Deron? Deron was voted the best PG in the league this year by PSD just a month ago.

29$JerZ
09-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Anyone else find it weird that Paul went higher in terms of best player in the league than Deron? Deron was voted the best PG in the league this year by PSD just a month ago.

It's probably because healthy Paul will get the nod over Deron.
Nothing appears to make people believe Paul will be ruined by his injury enough to take a seat back as a top PG.

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 12:22 PM
its Dwight here. Best defensive big in the NBA, rebound machine, and able scorer on the low block.

rockets-fan
09-22-2010, 12:23 PM
deron is it for me...dude can ball and hes not limiteed offensivly like dwight

Gators123
09-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Dwight

dhopisthename
09-22-2010, 12:24 PM

I found it very weird, I wonder if it had to do with the fact that alot of the voters for deron voted for dwight first

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 12:29 PM

shows how accurate these polls really are. Deron is not in Pauls class. Never has been. When you see Deron being voted the #1 PG, its purely out of short term memory. Deron has a better team, and stayed healthy. Paul, even in his injury plagued season, was better. And the two years before that, it wasn't even close.

daleja424
09-22-2010, 12:30 PM
I think that this is D12 here...

still1ballin
09-22-2010, 12:32 PM

Yeah I don't get it either. People flip flop I guess.

So Deron Williams is the best PG in the NBA and CP3 is second best, but overall CP3 has a higher rank than Williams

Gotta love PSD!

:dance:

Rivera
09-22-2010, 12:36 PM

i was stating that yesterday but thats PSD for you!

Rivera
09-22-2010, 12:36 PM
dwight howard is the pick here

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Dwight Howard for sure

Sadds The Gr8
09-22-2010, 12:47 PM

It's probably because healthy Paul will get the nod over Deron.
Nothing appears to make people believe Paul will be ruined by his injury enough to take a seat back as a top PG.

its Dwight here. Best defensive big in the NBA, rebound machine, and able scorer on the low block.

I found it very weird, I wonder if it had to do with the fact that alot of the voters for deron voted for dwight first

Yeah I don't get it either. People flip flop I guess.

So Deron Williams is the best PG in the NBA and CP3 is second best, but overall CP3 has a higher rank than Williams

Gotta love PSD!

:dance:

i was stating that yesterday but thats PSD for you!

Maybe it's because Deron is the better POINT GUARD, but CP3 is the better PLAYER.:D:shrug: lol...

the people on this site are mad weird...

Niro
09-22-2010, 12:55 PM
dwight

pebloemer
09-22-2010, 12:58 PM

Logical conclusion. But the difference in votes was quite drastic last poll. I'm sure there are people flip flopped too.

Sadds The Gr8
09-22-2010, 01:10 PM
might as well skip this...it's gonna be a blowout.

7-10 should be really interesting

still1ballin
09-22-2010, 01:38 PM
No love for Melo?

heatbb
09-22-2010, 01:51 PM
NBA DPOY is worth a place in top 6.

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 01:56 PM
No love for Melo?

Melo won't even be in my top 10. He won't get a vote from me in this poll

Jewelz0376
09-22-2010, 01:56 PM

I'll admit I voted for DWill in best point guard, but i put him higher in this poll... When I voted for Dwill in the pg poll I voted on who was the best pg this past season, and Dwill was def the better point guard since cp3 was hurt...In this poll I'm voting on who are the best 10 players entering training camp, and I'm assuming cp3 is obviously healthy now...

Jewelz0376
09-22-2010, 01:59 PM
No love for Melo?

His D isn't good enough for me to put him this high

D12 and Dwill are ahead of him for me then I'll vote Melo..

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 02:00 PM
I'll admit I voted for DWill in best point guard, but i put him higher in this poll... When I voted for Dwill in the pg poll I voted on who was the best pg this past season, and Dwill was def the better point guard since cp3 was hurt...In this poll I'm voting on who are the best 10 players entering training camp, and I'm assuming cp3 is obviously healthy now...

even in Paul's injury season, he individually outplayed Deron when he was on the floor. If you are making your decision based off Deron playing a good amount of more games, then so be it. But when they were both playing, CP3 was still better

Jewelz0376
09-22-2010, 02:18 PM
even in Paul's injury season, he individually outplayed Deron when he was on the floor. If you are making your decision based off Deron playing a good amount of more games, then so be it. But when they were both playing, CP3 was still better

Paul only played half the season last year... When he was healthy he outplayed Dwill, but cp3 didn't play enough for me to say he was the best pg last season

jzstud4
09-22-2010, 02:28 PM
I was torn between D12 and melo but i ultimately chose melo because he is a beast and d howard doesnt have much offensive skills at all and cant carry a team on his back when push comes to shove he will one day just not yet and melo can shoot drive and probably play some d if he tried lol

Brooklyn Mets
09-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Melo
Howard
DWill

Khalifa21
09-22-2010, 02:48 PM
Melo or Dwight.

Rivera
09-22-2010, 02:49 PM
the back to back nba dpoy is worth a place in top 6.

***fixed!!!!!

REALLYYYYY?
09-22-2010, 03:06 PM
joakim noah ftw!

Baller1
09-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Dwight, then Deron.

Rafer17
09-22-2010, 04:13 PM
1) Lebron James
2) Dwyane Wade
3) Kobe Bryant
4) Kevin Durant------------->Will win the MVP
5) Chris Paul
6) Dwight Howard
7) Carmelo Anthony
8) Brandon Roy
9) Deron Williams
10) Dirk

For the record, CP3>Dwill....Anyone who thinks otherwise is insane

alencp3
09-22-2010, 04:25 PM
This is the best list:
1.LeBron
2.Kobe
3.Wade
4.Durant
5.Paul
6.Howard
7.Williams
8.Melo
9.Dirk
10.Gasol (because of his great season)
Honorable mention:Nash,Duncan,Roy,Rondo,Rose and Tyreke Evans.

Avenged
09-22-2010, 05:02 PM
Dwight!

If he develops an offensive game, no doubt he'll be unanimous top 5.

Bruno
09-22-2010, 05:28 PM
18-20 ppg on the best FG%/TS% in the league. Best rebounder, shot-blocker, and defender in the league.

You know the league has some talented wings and guards when the guy who fits the above description doesn't crack the top 5.

smith&wesson
09-22-2010, 05:52 PM
It's amazing how you guys underate mello.
unreal actually.

Carmello Anthony:
career stats.
24.7 points per
3.1 assists per
6.2 rebounds per
1.2 steals per

Deron Williams
career stats:
16.7 points per
9 assists per
3 rebounds per
1 steal per

Dwight Howards
carear stats:
17.5 points per
12.7 rebounds per
1.5 assits per
2.1 blocks per

last year stats in comparison

carmelo
28.2 points per
3.2 assists per
6.6 rebounds per
1.9 steals per

dwill
18.7 points per
10.5 assits per
4 rebounds per
1.3 steals per

dhoward
18.3 points per
13.2 rebounds per
2.8 blocks per
1.8 assist per

you look at those numbers, d will has the best assists buy far,grant it!
Dhoward has the best rebounds!
But look at mello, he out scores them both easily by 10 points and still averages 3 assists 6.6 boards and 2 steals.

yet look at the poll.

welcome to PSD. where every ones either a homer or just guessing.

smith&wesson
09-22-2010, 06:11 PM
Dwight!

I agree with you bro. The guy can't do anything on the offensive end if he is more then 3 feet away from the basket.

not doubt he is the best player on the defensive end but there are two sides to the floor and he is far from being elite on the offensive end. and that kind of leaves alot of room for improvment. he is far from a polished player, and he isnt a complete player yet. when he does become one he will be a dominating on both sides. but as of right now he dominates only one side of the court.

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 06:23 PM
It's amazing how you guys underate mello.
unreal actually.

Carmello Anthony:
career stats.
24.7 points per
3.1 assists per
6.2 rebounds per
1.2 steals per

Deron Williams
career stats:
16.7 points per
9 assists per
3 rebounds per
1 steal per

Dwight Howards
carear stats:
17.5 points per
12.7 rebounds per
1.5 assits per
2.1 blocks per

last year stats in comparison

carmelo
28.2 points per
3.2 assists per
6.6 rebounds per
1.9 steals per

dwill
18.7 points per
10.5 assits per
4 rebounds per
1.3 steals per

dhoward
18.3 points per
13.2 rebounds per
2.8 blocks per
1.8 assist per

you look at those numbers, d will has the best assists buy far,grant it!
Dhoward has the best rebounds!
But look at mello, he out scores them both easily by 10 points and still averages 3 assists 6.6 boards and 2 steals.

yet look at the poll.

welcome to PSD. where every ones either a homer or just guessing.

you must have missed all the threads where Melo's advanced statistics showed he has had 2500 more possessions than James or Wade since he came into the league, has the highest shot per possession rate of anyone in the NBA, his field goal percentage is below the league average of .463, shoots way too many three's despite not being proficient at them, has an offensive rating of 107 for his career, which is league average, should I continue?

Melo is not a top 10 player. He is right between 11-15

smith&wesson
09-22-2010, 06:32 PM
you must have missed all the threads where Melo's advanced statistics showed he has had 2500 more possessions than James or Wade since he came into the league, has the highest shot per possession rate of anyone in the NBA, his field goal percentage is below the league average of .463, shoots way too many three's despite not being proficient at them, has an offensive rating of 107 for his career, which is league average, should I continue?

Melo is not a top 10 player. He is right between 11-15

i cant argue with your effeciency ratings. but i do beg to differ with your opinion. I beleive he is easily a top 10 player.

Specially when his teams offense runs through him and coach karl give him the go ahead to shoot as he pleases. those things do factor in to coaching as well wouldnt you say ? I mean atleast a little. I just don't see him shooting that many shots under a coach like doc rivers, or popavich or sloan. or even if there was a better natural scorer in denver to be a 2nd option.

Karl gives him the green light. and the next best offensive weapon on the nuggets is jr smith, who is streaky and inconsistant as hell.

Where as dwill is a point gaurd and had boozer as a 2nd option.

In comparison to Howard who is not the offensive first option of his team more like 3rd behind reshard lewis and carter. how do you compare a centers shooting percentage to a small forwards ? if mello took all of his shots from three feet away from the basket i bet his shooting percentage would sky rocket.

Carmello's job is to score, and his numebrs suggest that he doest more then that. Dwill is a gaurd and mello averages more steals then he does.

carmello averages more steals rebounds and points then dwill ... dwill averages more assists and thats about it. He is a point gaurd at that. his job initially is to distribute.

its a matter of opinion. you can look at stats and effiency like we have done above but there soo many aspects of the game we have to weigh in. if your only arguement is that mello takes too many shots, then why not make the argue ment that he does almost everything else better then dwill not including assits ?

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 06:36 PM
um, if you don't like advanced numbers that show he is simply a shooting machine who hoists attempts, what intangibles would you like to debate about Melo?
There are 10 players at least I would take on my team over him. He shoots every opportunity he gets, shoots too many shots from area's he shouldn't be, he is a poor defender, and doesn't get teammates involved. Changing his settings will only do so much. If you have a great PG like Miller, then Billups next to you, and you still are average efficiency wise, I am not sure how much of his surroundings can be blamed

smith&wesson
09-22-2010, 06:48 PM
um, if you don't like advanced numbers that show he is simply a shooting machine who hoists attempts, what intangibles would you like to debate about Melo?
There are 10 players at least I would take on my team over him. He shoots every opportunity he gets, shoots too many shots from area's he shouldn't be, he is a poor defender, and doesn't get teammates involved. Changing his settings will only do so much. If you have a great PG like Miller, then Billups next to you, and you still are average efficiency wise, I am not sure how much of his surroundings can be blamed

he has had a solid team overall. I just think he is by far the best offensive weapon on the nuggets and the 2nd offensive option cant be compared to boozer or reshard lewis, or carter.. even though carter is washed up id still take him as a 2nd option offensivley over jr smith.

I think Karl tells him to shoot. he has the green light so he shoots. if you were mello would you shoot the ball or kick it to nene? or jr smith ? birdman ?
Id be shooting too every chance i got probably.

I'm not argueing his effeicency but with a point gaurd like rose and a power forward like boozer, id imagine mello taking less shots and I do think that kind of scenery change would do alot for his game.

think of those two guys as 2nd and 3rd options in comparison to billups and jr smith. I got mad love for billups and i do agree that he is still a pretty good point gaurd. I just think he is passed his best days.

MagicBucsSox
09-22-2010, 07:05 PM
wait since when are paul and durant better than dwight. i swear ppl dont respect defense in this day and age.

MagicBucsSox
09-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Dwight!

wait what? dude if Dwight deveoped an consistent offensive game he'd be the best PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE HANDS DOWN! this list is a popularity contest and a sham. Dwight and Lebron and the only players in the league you cant replace with another player. they're the only unreplaceable players in the game. you can switch melo n durant and get the same thing, deron and paul get you the same etc etc. no one produces and all around stat sheet like BRon and theres n one thatcan do what dwight does

MagicBucsSox
09-22-2010, 07:14 PM
This is the best list:
1.LeBron
2.Kobe
3.Wade
4.Durant
5.Paul
6.Howard
7.Williams
8.Melo
9.Dirk
10.Gasol (because of his great season)
Honorable mention:Nash,Duncan,Roy,Rondo,Rose and Tyreke Evans.

gasol isnt a top 10 player, he never existed til he become a laker.

smith&wesson
09-22-2010, 07:31 PM
wait since when are paul and durant better than dwight. i swear ppl dont respect defense in this day and age.

its dwights defence that even puts him in the conversation. so yes pls beleive ppl do respect defence. ppl also respect players who can play on both ends of the floor.

if you cant score when your more then 2-3 feet away from the basket theres a big whole in your game still.

WeAreClutch
09-22-2010, 07:51 PM
D for dwight and defense

Law25
09-22-2010, 07:56 PM
I honestly cant believe Dwight isnt in the top five no way Durant should be there. I vote Dwight. If im wrong let me know, but Melo has had his team in the playoff every year since rookie year right? And in 09 took his team to the WCF right? and he did take his team as far as Durant right? so how in the hell is Durant ahead of him? Just saying. Melo is more proven and had his team with an higher seeding last year if i remember correctly.

XJW18
09-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Melo

Jewelz0376
09-22-2010, 08:28 PM
its dwights defence that even puts him in the conversation. so yes pls beleive ppl do respect defence. ppl also respect players who can play on both ends of the floor.

if you cant score when your more then 2-3 feet away from the basket theres a big whole in your game still.

Yea he might not have too great a post game game but he's more effective on offense than Melo is on defense...

And Dwights def has a way bigger effect on the game than Melo's offense

MagicBucsSox
09-22-2010, 08:55 PM

hole in his game? every player has a hole in their game. no one's perfect. all you people care about in scoring. thats it. lebron isnt a great defender and we allllllllll know durant isnt a defender the kid says so himself yet he's over dwight? bs. ill accept ppl saying wade kobe bron but no one else is a better player than dwight. and this he cant score crap yet he can avg 20 lmao

durant's only talent is scoring thats all he can do well. idk what this lovefest the world has about him is all about

MagicBucsSox
09-22-2010, 08:59 PM
you people are insane.dwight is the 4th best player.
just think like this if dwight is off scoring wise he'll still lead in blks n rebs for his team- you cant say that about any other top player.
dwight is the only good defensive player on the magic and the damn team is a top 3 defensive team, now thats carrying a team

kevin durant over dwight get the f outta here, with his #8 seeded team yet he's so great? spare me

Jewelz0376
09-22-2010, 09:03 PM
you people are insane.dwight is the 4th best player.
just think like this if dwight is off scoring wise he'll still lead in blks n rebs for his team- you cant say that about any other top player.
dwight is the only good defensive player on the magic and the damn team is a top 3 defensive team, now thats carrying a team

kevin durant over dwight get the f outta here, with his #8 seeded team yet he's so great? spare me

I agree 100%, but we didn't even get a chance to vote on it, because there are plenty of people that I think would've put d12 and maybe even cp3 over durant...

CHANGO
09-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Howard, Melo, Gasol...

ET92898
09-22-2010, 09:06 PM
Melo.

Hustlenomics
09-22-2010, 10:30 PM
WOW people think dwight howard is better than melo?!

Ovratd1up
09-22-2010, 10:59 PM
Yao should be on the next few polls.

Ovratd1up
09-22-2010, 11:00 PM
WOW people think dwight howard is better than melo?!

Ha.

MagicBucsSox
09-23-2010, 12:02 AM
^^^ is he not? lemme guess "carmelo anthony can score 30 points" blah blah but he cant stop no one from scoring 30 either

IversonIsKrazy
09-23-2010, 12:58 AM
D-Will for this one. I think when ppl voted Deron over CP for PG's, they did because CP was off an injured year. But now that we know for sure he's 100% healthy, everyone will give him the nod over D-WIll. But I think it is very very close, which is why I voted D-Will for this one.

Testaverde16
09-23-2010, 01:15 AM
this one is easily dwight howard

k24springs
09-23-2010, 02:05 AM
By the way I agree with MagicBucsSox. It's D12 hands down and its not really close. He should be the 4th best player in the league after Bryant, Wade, and James in that order. Durant and Melo are great scorers you can always find wing players that can score. The fact is D12 is one of those players that don't come around very often he is indeed a rare breed.

People say well he can't score 5 feet away from the basket so what there are 29 other teams that have trouble guarding him anyway once he finds a consistent go to move in the post and extend his range then you wont be able to guard him period. Say what you want about him offensively but, D12 changes the way teams play on both sides of the floor. He has already did what James, young Shaq, Melo, and Durant havent done is take his team to the Finals and actually winning a game.

Im a Magic fan and I watched him since he was a rookie till now he has gotten better every year and he's only 24 he's not even a complete player yet and you guys wanna bash him for things he cant do. The last three seasons the Magic are in the top 5 in nearly every defensive category every year because of D12. When you look at the Magic players they dont have strong perimeter defenders other than Mickael Pietrus(when he is engaged). He does almost everything for that team like scoring when he gets his opportunities, guarding the paint, show on pick and rolls, blocks shots, rebounds, great help defender when his teammates let other players blow by them and yet he is still able to get to his guy. If you take D12 off the team they're a 8th seed team at best so he is irreplaceable. At the same time D12 is very efficient despite only taking 10 shots a game and still get about 20pts a game. The Magic's offense are in the top 10 every year because of the attention he draws since many teams other than Boston and the LA Lakers cant single cover him.

The fact is people focus on scoring and things he cant do instead of things that he can do. I agree that he needs to improve his offense but, as long as we have him we are always a contender and that is a FACT.

Kashmir13579
09-23-2010, 02:39 AM

yeah these lists are ******** i've been saying this for months now.

Ovratd1up
09-23-2010, 03:46 AM
^^^ is he not? lemme guess "carmelo anthony can score 30 points" blah blah but he cant stop no one from scoring 30 either

Of course he is. I was saying that at the guy who thought otherwise.

MagicBucsSox
09-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Of course he is. I was saying that at the guy who thought otherwise.

apologies

King Drew
09-23-2010, 09:44 AM

Paul is better so im guessing people finally woke up

pebloemer
09-23-2010, 10:33 AM
7-12 will be very interesting.

Melo, Pau, Dirk, Duncan, Roy, Deron can all compete in that range.

Hawkeye15
09-23-2010, 01:51 PM
#7 is up. Thanks for voting