PDA

View Full Version : What should the Phoenix Suns do with Steve Nash?

JordansBulls
09-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Now that Amare is gone, what should the Suns do with Steve Nash?

masalex1205
09-21-2010, 11:41 PM
keep him

dhopisthename
09-21-2010, 11:43 PM
I think that they should try to trade him and get whatever they can

John Walls Era
09-21-2010, 11:53 PM
they should be nice to Nash and trade him to a contender... maybe Houston once they trade Brooks + company for Melo :)

rockets-fan
09-21-2010, 11:53 PM
trade him for some young pieces along with good talent....nash for davis and gordon? idk just thinking of some trades...the suns window closed imo so y not start to rebuild without being a bad team ala rockets last year

Raps08-09 Champ
09-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Send that MoFo back to Canada.

rockets-fan
09-21-2010, 11:57 PM
they should be nice to Nash and trade him to a contender... maybe Houston once they trade Brooks + company for Melo :)

:pray::pray::pray:

i love that idea...

nash
lee(considering martin leaves to den.)
melo
scola
yao

lowry
battier
bud
paterson
miller

CHAMIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

hotpotato1092
09-21-2010, 11:57 PM
When Amare left they should have traded him, but then they took on Hedo and signed several bad contracts (Frye, Warrick, Childress, and I think I'm missing one) so now they'll be stuck in mediocrity for the next 3 or 4 years at least, they can't trade Nash because they were dumb enough to take on money but they won't win a title.

AZCardsFan
09-22-2010, 12:03 AM

Hes already on a contender...

dodie53
they'll just keep Nash and go to the WCF.
hehe

RCarlson85
I think they should trade him. They most likely aren't going to be competing in the West this year without Amare. It seems like they are somewhat rebuilding and Nash still has value so the Suns could probably get some nice young players or draft picks. Their championship window has closed for the time being so they might as well try to get young and build for the future.

Ovratd1up
09-22-2010, 12:08 AM
Kevin Martin, Chase Budinger, NY 2011 pick, Houston 2011 pick to Denver for Carmelo Anthony and Aaron Afflallo.

Aaron Brooks, Jordan Hill, NY 2012 pick to Phoenix for Steve Nash.

Nash - Lowry
Afflallo - Lee
Melo - Battier
Scola - Patterson - Melo - Hayes
Yao - Brad - Hayes

Damn.

Shady66
09-22-2010, 12:14 AM
Nash isnt going anywhere lol. Im sure if he demanded a trade The Suns would trade him, but if he did that he would be an unloyal sob and it wont happen.

Mikey Roxx
09-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Keep him, because Steve doesn't want to go anywhere. He loves it here in Phoenix, and if you told him he'd be better off on a contending team, he'd tell you the Suns are definitely contenders. And that wouldn't be him just playing the team leader, that's his honest opinion, because it's true. The Suns lost a big piece, but not the core of the team. As long as Steve is playing with guys that will make full use of what he can do for them, Phoenix is a team to watch out for.

Montana_Rob
09-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Nash for Luke Walton and Steve Blake

joking, joking

I think they would be best off keeping him

barreleffact
09-22-2010, 12:22 AM
Nash for Luke Walton and Steve Blake

joking, joking

I think they would be best off keeping him

nono...teve is the better defender. luke and sasha sounds better:D but if thats not enough we could throw in shannon brown too.

but seriously yes they are best served to keep him. didnt they just extend his cointract anyway?

Mavrix
09-22-2010, 12:24 AM
It's funny how people keep saying Melo + Yao = championship

If Yao couldn't win with T-Mac in his prime then...?

IversonIsKrazy
09-22-2010, 12:26 AM
There best off keeping him, but I want to see him win a ring before he retires. Nash for garbage? to miami? lolll, Nash/Wade/Lebron/Bosh/Dampier

DerekRE_3
09-22-2010, 12:28 AM
When Amare left they should have traded him, but then they took on Hedo and signed several bad contracts (Frye, Warrick, Childress, and I think I'm missing one) so now they'll be stuck in mediocrity for the next 3 or 4 years at least, they can't trade Nash because they were dumb enough to take on money but they won't win a title.

This. The Suns are doing exactly what the Kings did after their window closed in the mid 2000's.

verdell1978
09-22-2010, 12:29 AM
Seriously they should trade him to a contender like Chicago so at the end of the game you can have Rose and Nash on the floor at the same time with Nash as the point and Rose at the 2

bahama0811
09-22-2010, 12:29 AM
I think they need to trade him. Let him go somewhere where he will have a chance to win.

The_Jamal
09-22-2010, 12:53 AM
This. The Suns are doing exactly what the Kings did after their window closed in the mid 2000's.

Don't remind me of that terrible time :cry:

The_Jamal
09-22-2010, 12:53 AM
Seriously they should trade him to a contender like Chicago so at the end of the game you can have Rose and Nash on the floor at the same time with Nash as the point and Rose at the 2

When did Chicago become a contender??

DerekRE_3
09-22-2010, 12:54 AM
Don't remind me of that terrible time :cry:

Sorry, I'll use a different example. The Suns are doing exactly what the Pacers did after their window closed in the early to mid 2000's.

The_Jamal
09-22-2010, 12:57 AM
Sorry, I'll use a different example. The Suns are doing exactly what the Pacers did after their window closed in the early to mid 2000's.

muuch better :clap:

jimbobjarree
09-22-2010, 01:09 AM
he'll retire in Phoenix hopefully

llemon
09-22-2010, 01:26 AM
Glue factory

Sadds The Gr8
09-22-2010, 01:41 AM
i think they should let him go ring chasing but i think he'll stay cuz he's loyal.

jackdawson
09-22-2010, 01:54 AM
The suns should be nice to the dude and send him to Miami. Let the dude win a ring. C'mon!

FOBolous
09-22-2010, 01:56 AM
trade him to the Rockets :D

Antipod
09-22-2010, 02:32 AM
Retire as a Sun

Duncan = Donkey
09-22-2010, 03:07 AM
Keep him. Phoenix want to keep him and he wants to stay, Seems like the obvious choice.

PHX2daDEATH
09-22-2010, 03:37 AM
The Pacers and Kings teams didn't have the youth the Suns had, the Kings gave away Webber for nothing, held on to Bibby for too long ,didnt replace him until last year with Reke, traded Peja for Artest who killed the Pacers franchise to date. Both teams didnt have a Robin Lopez or a Goran Dragic

wmudford
09-22-2010, 03:44 AM
Everybody thinks the suns are done because they traded amare and there is the unkown there. But time will show that the is not what kept the suns afloat. It's steve's system and the suns will surprise you yet again. They let stat walk because they were convinced they were as good without him. imo they are better

AI4MVP
09-22-2010, 04:55 AM
lol. i love it. year after year. same ****.

the suns will have home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs. put it in your sigs. if im wrong, ill never log on to PSD ever again

Kashmir13579
09-22-2010, 04:58 AM
let him throw alley oops to hakim (the dream v.2) warrick. the dudes gonna bring a lot of what amare brought to the table.

More-Than-Most
09-22-2010, 05:41 AM
I am one of the biggest Steve Nash fans there is and I would rather him never win a ring than go ring chasing. I hate that so damn much.

That being said... He will continue to surprise people when he puts up mvp numbers and leads his team to the playoffs with 50 plus wins as usual. Losing Amare is no big deal... I said it all off season I would rather he go then the suns giving him a max contract because he isn't even close to being worth that. Nash will fill the gap with someone else like he always does. I love the childress signing and I think Hedo will come up huge playing with Nash... Just like everyone else does.

ryder78c
09-22-2010, 06:55 AM
id give Miller/Bayless/Babbitt/Pendergraph+draft picks and cash for Nash never would happen but id be fun to watch....OHH YEAH SUNS FANS YOUR TEAMS IN THE PLAYOFF PICTURE LAST SEED I THINK THOUGH THE WEST IS STILL TUFF

Oden/Priz
LA/Camby
Batum/Matthews
Roy/Williams
Nash/Johnson

TylerSL
09-22-2010, 07:36 AM
win him a championship :)

Milos--CCCC
09-22-2010, 07:42 AM
Nash once said he wants to retire his basketball career in Canada......so that means come to the raptorssss stevie! u belong here

TheTakeOver24
09-22-2010, 07:55 AM
^^ steve nash + chris bosh wouldve been sick!
I think Pheonix is a good team tho... Nash will have them in the playoff race.

sunnydayin'zona
09-22-2010, 08:29 AM

the suns will have home court advantage in the first round of the playoffs. put it in your sigs. if im wrong, ill never log on to PSD ever again

dam n skippy AI. they always underestimate our team

Wade>You
09-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Here's an idea: trade him to the Knicks.

Khalifa21
09-22-2010, 08:47 AM
I can see the Suns just keeping him and he finishes his career in Phoenix.

DerekRE_3
09-22-2010, 10:09 AM

And even if they do...they won't make it to the finals, and once Nash retires, which is coming sooner rather than later, then they have nothing.

DerekRE_3
09-22-2010, 10:12 AM
The Pacers and Kings teams didn't have the youth the Suns had, the Kings gave away Webber for nothing, held on to Bibby for too long ,didnt replace him until last year with Reke, traded Peja for Artest who killed the Pacers franchise to date. Both teams didnt have a Robin Lopez or a Goran Dragic

Artest didn't kill the Kings, he actually held us afloat for one season longer as a playoff team. What killed the Kings is holding on to a team that just couldn't win and signing guys like Mikki Moore and Shareef Abdur Rahim to pretty decent sized deals. Remind you of anything (Frye and Warrick)?

Then you add in Hedo's god awful deal. I don't see Hedo going back to his Orlando Magic level with the Suns either. He thrived in Orlando because Jameer Nelson was more of a scorer than a distributing point guard, like Mike Bibby was in Sacramento. This let Hedo play playmaker more which he thrived in. Do you really think the Suns want Nash, the best playmaker in the league, to give up the ball so they can give it to Hedo? I just don't see it.

Chronz
09-22-2010, 11:29 AM
It's funny how people keep saying Melo + Yao = championship

If Yao couldn't win with T-Mac in his prime then...?

You meant Yao in his prime right? If so then put it this way, instead of facing the likes of Wesley and Scott Padget alongside Tmac-Yao, you have Scola-Martin.

That makes up for the difference.

rockets-fan
09-22-2010, 12:01 PM
You meant Yao in his prime right? If so then put it this way, instead of facing the likes of Wesley and Scott Padget alongside Tmac-Yao, you have Scola-Martin.

That makes up for the difference.

:clap: well put my friend...

sura
wesly
tmac
swift
yao

or

brooks
martin
melo
scola
yao

ill take the team we have now haha

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 12:24 PM
well, if they would have been wiser with the replacement process of Amare, they were better off keeping him. At this point they should find a contender with some young talent to ship Nash to. If the Knicks were willing to part with Gallo, that may be a start for example.

chitown89
09-22-2010, 01:10 PM
I seriously hope you are kidding. The Suns would be stupid to get rid of nash before he decides to retire. Dragic I believe is their future PG and has similar abilities to Nash and needs him to show him the ropes. Nash is still a great PG and to be honest he is going to have a better season than Amare is going to have in NY. Hakim Warrick will take over for Amare not necessarily all of the production but a large Majority. Nash made Amare!

Missing56&33
09-22-2010, 01:57 PM

trade him so the Suns can really look bad. They already loss one all star go ahead and do the fans a favor and get rid of another. I think they should keep him. Hes only one of the top pg in the league.

king4day
09-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Nash had his chance to pass up on an extension and go elsewhere last summer.
He signed it knowing they were not true title contenders.

If by midseason this year, the team is in really bad shape, I will be all for trading him to help him get a ring as long as we get some building blocks in return.

jzstud4
09-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Id say keep him hes a great player and there is also other good pieces around him they are one great player and maybe one more role player from having a decent chance of knocking off the lakers ( maybe, probably not)

Hellcrooner
09-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Trade him to a contender for expirings and picks.

Or trade him to CANADA.

Hellcrooner
09-22-2010, 03:43 PM
The Suns should trade Steve Nash to the Toronto Raptors for Jose Calderone, Marcus Banks and Reggie Evans

Unbalanced much?

dtmagnet
09-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Trade him to Toronto please.

topdog
09-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Hand him the keys as usual. The dude is like a Honda - he always gets you there!

sunnydayin'zona
09-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Trade him to a contender for expirings and picks.

Or trade him to CANADA.

the suns have enough coming off the books next year for a max contract. i dont think they need expirings.

beasted86
09-22-2010, 04:51 PM
I think they should waive him so he can take his talents to South Beach.

Shammyguy3
09-22-2010, 05:00 PM
well, if they would have been wiser with the replacement process of Amare, they were better off keeping him. At this point they should find a contender with some young talent to ship Nash to. If the Knicks were willing to part with Gallo, that may be a start for example.

D'antoni/Nash/Amare back together in NY? Weird.

I think, if the Blazers feel they are able to adapt to a change of pace in their system, the Suns should try and make a deal with Portland.

Teams that could get Nash:
Portland
Dallas
Houston
San Antonio
Milwaukee
Atlanta
Orlando

smith&wesson
09-22-2010, 05:36 PM
he will retire as a sun.

Bishnoff
09-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Nash wants to stay. Why would we trade him?

JordansBulls
09-24-2010, 06:44 PM
Him in Atlanta would be good

JPHX
09-24-2010, 07:41 PM
uhh why do the suns need to do anything with him? he just signed an extension, so obviously Steve wants to stay and the suns want him to stay. even with Amare gone we're still one of the top teams in the west.

PHX2daDEATH
09-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Artest didn't kill the Kings, he actually held us afloat for one season longer as a playoff team. What killed the Kings is holding on to a team that just couldn't win and signing guys like Mikki Moore and Shareef Abdur Rahim to pretty decent sized deals. Remind you of anything (Frye and Warrick)?

Then you add in Hedo's god awful deal. I don't see Hedo going back to his Orlando Magic level with the Suns either. He thrived in Orlando because Jameer Nelson was more of a scorer than a distributing point guard, like Mike Bibby was in Sacramento. This let Hedo play playmaker more which he thrived in. Do you really think the Suns want Nash, the best playmaker in the league, to give up the ball so they can give it to Hedo? I just don't see it.

Artest killed the Indiana Pacers, ever since the riot at the palace that team has accomplished Jack **** , and they were serious title contenders before that happened

I agree with you on Hedo..and I'm still skeptical on how he's going to fit with Nash or Dragic, my feeling is the Suns brass knows Grant Hill is more then likely not going to play a full season again or end up getting hurt and having to retire mid-season and for some reason they aren't sold on Dudley starting or even giving him an extension at this point, so they brought in Hedo, another 6'10 foward who can shoot.. not what they needed to replace Amare but hey its a somewhat big name right?

Warrick and Frye cannot compare to Mikki Moore and Rahim. For one Warrick has never played with a point guard like Steve Nash. He was on a team with 2 ball hogs (Gay and Mayo) and a sub par PG in Conley... He played on a team with a shoot first Rookie PG in Jennings almost similiar to playing with Derrick Rose in Chicago. One thing Warrick does that Amare didn't ... RUN THE FLOOR..and they didnt over pay Warrick.. 4 years for 18 mil is a bargain when guys like Amir and Darko were getting 30 million...

dodie53
09-25-2010, 01:40 AM
amare doesn't run the floor?

JordansBulls
09-26-2010, 10:07 AM
uhh why do the suns need to do anything with him? he just signed an extension, so obviously Steve wants to stay and the suns want him to stay. even with Amare gone we're still one of the top teams in the west.

Because he is 35/36 years old and wants a title.

JPHX
09-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Because he is 35/36 years old and wants a title.

If he was a ring chaser then he wouldnt have signed the extension. He knew what the risks were resigning here.

Punkindrublic03
09-26-2010, 03:41 PM
JordanBulls starts the worst threads of all time.

IHeartNY
09-26-2010, 03:44 PM
keep him

x2

Why give him away ? Steve Nash is a great and creative player ... as the Suns, I would definitely keep him.

Shady66
09-26-2010, 03:47 PM

x Infinity

llemon
09-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Suns should have Steve Nash bronzed.

saintl2510
09-26-2010, 04:42 PM
i see steve retiring as a sun

VinceCarter
09-26-2010, 04:42 PM

:nod: :hide::hide:

BULLSFAN0810
09-26-2010, 05:14 PM

Trade him & start over or go for broke and buy a team to put around him..id try to go for broke,but realistically theyd have to trade him sense there are too many guys to put around him.

JPHX
09-27-2010, 12:48 AM

lol damn. harsh.

maybe you should start a "What should PSD do with JordanBulls?" thread.

pebloemer
09-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Let him retire a Sun then retire his number.

JordansBulls
09-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Trade him & start over or go for broke and buy a team to put around him..id try to go for broke,but realistically theyd have to trade him sense there are too many guys to put around him.

What type of package could they trade him for?

Weezy
09-28-2010, 09:59 AM
Suns should trade him but they wont...he is a Sun for life and to be honest I can't see him in any other jersey anyways.

nickdymez
09-28-2010, 10:02 AM

You serious?

Brooklyn Mets
09-28-2010, 10:29 AM
if they dump Nash they would be one of the bottom 10 teams in the league..

Matrix3132
09-28-2010, 10:48 AM
if they dump Nash they would be one of the bottom 10 teams in the league..

Almost every team would be one of the worst 10 teams if they lost their best player....

Ace33Bone
09-28-2010, 10:59 AM
Out of all the players in the NBA who currently does not have a championship i would say that he is the most deserving of them all... and if the Suns are going to go into a rebuilding mode then I think it is only fair that they offer him the option to do what he wants... If he wishes to be traded then they should comply if not then let him retire a Sun... but at least have the decentcy to give him the option of making one more run at a Title if you are not going to build a championship calliber team around him in the next year or so

wileyisTOFU
09-28-2010, 04:02 PM

twoearl
09-28-2010, 04:02 PM
Maybe they will trade him at the deadline in Feb...

How about Nash to Orlando in exchange for Jameer and some other spare parts????

Mplsman
09-28-2010, 04:07 PM
I agree with the contender thing. Imagine if he played for the heat.

THE MTL
09-28-2010, 04:10 PM
They should keep him and watch him make everyone better like he did last year on Phoenix.

Or...trade him to to the Knicks to be reunited with D'Antoni and Amare. It would be Phoenix SSOL all over again, but even better.

WolvesJagsOs
09-28-2010, 04:50 PM
I think they should trade him. They most likely aren't going to be competing in the West this year without Amare. It seems like they are somewhat rebuilding and Nash still has value so the Suns could probably get some nice young players or draft picks. Their championship window has closed for the time being so they might as well try to get young and build for the future.

This, he deserves to be on a competing team, i hope they do trade him.

Duncan = Donkey
09-28-2010, 10:26 PM
They should keep him and watch him make everyone better like he did last year on Phoenix.

Or...trade him to to the Knicks to be reunited with D'Antoni and Amare. It would be Phoenix SSOL all over again, but even better.

how would it be even better?

Those Sun teams had better talent than the current knicks team

Punkindrublic03
09-29-2010, 12:26 AM
lol damn. harsh.

maybe you should start a "What should PSD do with JordanBulls?" thread.

LMFAO. toooo funny bru

Evolution23
09-29-2010, 12:46 AM
Nash should stay for a season in Phx. Since everyone says that Nash made Amare into a superstar. I would love to see how Nash does without Amare. For that matter lets see how good the Suns are without Amare.

WolvesJagsOs
09-29-2010, 12:56 AM
^I think they are actually OK without amare, i have a feeling someone steps up on that team.

ChiSox219
09-29-2010, 12:58 AM
Nash should stay for a season in Phx. Since everyone says that Nash made Amare into a superstar. I would love to see how Nash does without Amare. For that matter lets see how good the Suns are without Amare.

You think the Suns will be worse this year?

BkOriginalOne
09-29-2010, 01:03 AM
Steve Nash is a class act and I hate to see him miss the playoffs.
Do the sensible thing - trade him (and others or picks) to the knicks in a Felton + Knicks pieces Deal.

Afridi786
09-29-2010, 03:30 AM

Nash won a MVP without Amare....:rolleyes:

DreamShaker
09-29-2010, 03:33 AM
He wanted to be a Sun. I don't think he expected to win a championship when he resigned. Reward him.

sunnydayin'zona
09-29-2010, 03:52 AM
Nash won a MVP without Amare....:rolleyes:

i know right? people like to forget that.

wcf and mvp without amare a few years back, but suns are going to miss the playoffs apparently :rolleyes:

dodie53
09-29-2010, 03:57 AM
05-06

who won the mvp that season?
;)

Knicks21
09-29-2010, 05:07 AM
Kevin Martin, Chase Budinger, NY 2011 pick, Houston 2011 pick to Denver for Carmelo Anthony and Aaron Afflallo.

Aaron Brooks, Jordan Hill, NY 2012 pick to Phoenix for Steve Nash.

Nash - Lowry
Afflallo - Lee
Melo - Battier
Scola - Patterson - Melo - Hayes
Yao - Brad - Hayes

Damn.

You don't have our 2011 pick...