PDA

View Full Version : Bulls with Melo or Bulls with Noah/Deng

JordansBulls
09-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Will the Bulls be better off with Carmelo Anthony or Joakim Noah and Luol Deng overall for now and in the future?

Lineup with Noah/Deng
PG Rose
SG Brewer
SF Deng
PF Boozer
C Noah

Bench: Watson, Korver, Johnson, Gibson, K.Thomas, Asik, Bogans

Lineup with Melo
PG Rose
SG Brewer
SF Melo
PF Boozer
C Kurt Thomas

Bench: Watson, Korver, Johnson, Gibson, Asik, Bogans

dhopisthename
09-21-2010, 02:18 PM
offensively it isn't close. defensivly it would hurt them, but if they pulled the trigger they could go and sign dampier and hand him the starting job in which case it wouldn't be that bad. The thing I think though is that how is that current team any different then the utah jazz from the last 4 seasons? right now they are looking at 50 wins and a first or second round exit. With melo it changes everything and at least gives them a chance to compete further

Cool007
09-21-2010, 02:34 PM
As a Bulls fan, I am like 50/50. I really like Noah at center and Noah and Boozer would be just awesome frontcourt. Bulls would lead the league in Rebounding as a team. Noah is also a much better defender than anyone Chicago can find.

Anthony gives them a legit 28ppg scorer but his usage is way too high and is a high volume shooter/scorer meaning he will need touches, he will jack up a lot and also prone to take bad shots and gets blocked a lot around the rim (2nd highest in the NBA last year).

Also, there is a question mark that how good Melo and Rose mesh together. We would be far worse defensively. I still see that team getting to the 2nd round at most.

Also, not only Bulls would be giving up Deng + Noah but also 1st round picks (possibly Bobcats one as well). I would rather keep Deng and Noah and also keep picks and see how the team is before jumping the gun.

What if Rose takes that next step? What if Deng comes back with a descent 3pt shot? What if Boozer and Rose combo becomes lethal and hard to stop? What if we avoid facing Miami either until ECF? or Heat may not even get there (Boston beats them?).

Meaning anything can happen. Let's wait and see and try to trade for Melo while Keeping Noah???

WHat if Melo actually wants to play with Noah??? He did say it defeats the purpose if Noah is traded for him.

Rose
Brewer
Melo
Boozer
Noah

Can definitely have a chance at beating the Heat and even any team in the NBA for that matter. Why not try that? What if it does happen??? What if Denver does give in and Melo actually does want to play for Bulls (MJ-Brand)?

Bulls can trade Deng + Gibson + Charlotte's first rounder + Bulls' 2011 1st rounder.

THat's not a bad deal for someone that would leave for nothing anyway.

beasted86
09-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Bulls need a SG, not a SF.

justinnum1
09-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Neither...Neither of those scenarios will get the Bulls past the Heat.

Cool007
09-21-2010, 05:23 PM

Ofcourse not. This is why Bulls would be smart to hold off and try to trade for Melo by keeping Noah instead.

Rose
Brewer
Melo
Boozer
Noah

has as good a chance at beating Heat as Orlando/Boston IMO.

JordansBulls
09-21-2010, 11:26 PM

:mad:

Khalifa21
09-22-2010, 09:09 AM
The team with Melo is awful defensively. If that team went up against the Heat it would get outscored and generally outplayed. With Deng/Noah I think the Bulls would have a more legit (but still extremely slim) chance of beating them in a 7-game series.

JordansBulls
09-23-2010, 09:45 PM
The team with Melo is awful defensively. If that team went up against the Heat it would get outscored and generally outplayed. With Deng/Noah I think the Bulls would have a more legit (but still extremely slim) chance of beating them in a 7-game series.

What you don't think Kurt Thomas is a good defender?

TylerSL
09-25-2010, 09:11 PM
deleted

TylerSL
09-26-2010, 12:59 AM
If you read my previous post, forget it I changed my mind. Melo with the Bulls is better because they can just sign some center like Dampier to fill the hole.
Without Melo
PG.Rose
SG.Brewer
SF.Deng
PF.Boozer
C. Noah

a good team, but doubt they make it out of the 2nd round.

With Melo while signing somebody like Dampier
PG.Rose
SG.Brewer
SF.Melo
PF.Boozer
C.Dampier

A solid lineup that would be ECF bound and a serious title contender for years to come. Also they would have an amazing rivalry with the Heat, the would beat us in 2 areas and match up well with us in 2.

PG.Rose>>>>>Chalmers
SG.Brewer<<<<<<<<Wade
SF.Melo<<Lebron
PF.Boozer=Bosh (I think Bosh is better now, but Boozer would get a TON of open shots with Rose and Melo demanding so much attention, just like Bosh will with Wade and James demanding so much attention. So here they would be even.) C.Dampier>>Joel

that would be a nasty ECF :drool:

TylerSL
09-26-2010, 01:17 AM
also, at first I really didnt want Melo going to Chicago because they would be such a threat, but now I accually want it to happen. That would be such a fun rivalry to watch throughout the years.

TylerSL
09-26-2010, 01:20 AM
What you don't think Kurt Thomas is a good defender?

plus Dampier only wanted to come to Miami because of the Big 3. If your big 3 was Rose/Melo/Boozer then Dampier would really want to come to Chicago as well. Also Asik should be good enough on defense, hes a big body. So I think that Melo would make the Bulls a WHOLE lot better.