PDA

View Full Version : #5 Player in The NBA? (Volume 3 Edition)

Mile High Champ
09-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Well the top 10 at each position is now complete, time to end it with the final poll's. For the second year in a row, we will vote to see who are the 10 best players in the NBA are. The format is the exact same so please make your vote for who you feel are the best player in the league. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round...Enjoy.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE

NBA Player Rankings:

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Lebron James
3) Dwyane Wade
4) Kevin Durant
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

2009 Off-Season Best Player Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Lebron James
3) Dwayne Wade
4) Chris Paul
5) Dwight Howard
6) Tim Duncan
7) Dirk Nowitzki
8) Carmelo Anthony
9) Kevin Garnett
10) Brandon Roy

Mile High Champ
09-21-2010, 12:00 PM
I decided to move onto number 5 since Durant and Wade ran away with number 4. Here is where the debate begins.

Gators123
Howard

Mile High Champ
I forgot to add Duncan to this one but he will be on the next poll.

VRP723
09-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Dwight

beasted86
09-21-2010, 12:01 PM
You should have left #4 voting up

xbrackattackx
09-21-2010, 12:03 PM
I said Melo, I think he is being underrated since he is on the trade block. I was torn between Him and Dwight, Both being Dominate on one side of the Ball. As Dwight is D and Melo is O.

Lloyd Christmas
09-21-2010, 12:14 PM
CP3. Everyone forgets how good he is after not seeing him most of last year.

Baller1
09-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Dwight.

JordansBulls
09-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Gasol. Led team in PER and Win Shares last year and the entire playoffs in Win Shares last year.

dhopisthename
09-21-2010, 12:20 PM
dwight, 2 dpoy awards and leads a 50+ win squad

mynameismo
09-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Sorry Dwight. I went with CP3. Too close tho.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-21-2010, 12:33 PM
I voted Paul, but could think it could be any of paul, dwight, or Dirk

TheTakeOver24
09-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Cp3... should've been #4...

Niro
09-21-2010, 12:37 PM
dwight

TexasBoy4Life
09-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Melo....

MY TOP TEN

1. Kobe
2. LBJ
3. D Wade
4. Kevin Durant
5. Carmelo Anthony
6. Dwight Howard
7. Chris Paul
8. Deron Williams
9. Roy
10.Pau

Da Knicks
09-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Voted for Pau but this is where I wanted to vote for Kobe.

VinceCarter
09-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Wow is Pau going to crack the top 10? :facepalm:

VinceCarter
09-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Melo....

MY TOP TEN

1. Kobe
2. LBJ
3. D Wade
4. Kevin Durant
5. Carmelo Anthony
6. Dwight Howard
7. Chris Paul
8. Deron Williams
9. Roy
10.Pau

So you have Pau ahead of Dirk and Nash :confused:

Lloyd Christmas
09-21-2010, 12:51 PM
So you have Pau ahead of Dirk and Nash :confused:

I would too

beasted86
09-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Cp3... should've been #4...

this

Rivera
09-21-2010, 12:59 PM
to me its between dwight howard n chris paul at this point....before i make my pick i wanna see how PSD feels....ima go look up some research

btw if chris paul dunked on dwight howard is that enough to say chris paul is better than dwight????

NYKalltheway
09-21-2010, 01:24 PM
I was between Roy and Nowitzki really

Bruno
09-21-2010, 01:29 PM
Howard. Led the league in TS%, rebounding, Defensive win shares, defensive ratings; back to back DPOY.

Can't give it to Paul who missed a lot of games, and had a drop off in productions in the games he played relative previous years.

AIsixersFK
09-21-2010, 01:40 PM
CP3. His point guard abilities and instincts are unreal. He can score and pass just just efficiently. Deron COULD pass him in the future though

macc
09-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Dwight Howard has a bigger impact on the game then CP3. I love Paul but good pgs are a dime a dozen right now. CP3, Williams, Curry, Nash, Kidd, Rose, Rondo, GA.

As for bigs you have Howard.......Yao..............anyone else?

Testaverde16
09-21-2010, 01:43 PM
gotta go with dwight in a close one.... its a big mans game.

pebloemer
09-21-2010, 01:44 PM
I decided to move onto number 5 since Durant and Wade ran away with number 4. Here is where the debate begins.

While I understand why you do that, if 75% of voters that picked Wade ended up voting for Paul instead, they good give Durant a challenge for #4.

Debate between Paul and Dwight begins now. Curious where Deron, Pau, Roy, Dirk and Melo votes come in.

jackdawson
09-21-2010, 01:47 PM
That's ****ed up!! #4 thread should have been here now. Don't tell me he got a lot of votes for #3 because so did LeBron in the first thread; According to this theory there shouldn't have been a thread on #2 player.

pebloemer
09-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Dwight Howard has a bigger impact on the game then CP3. I love Paul but good pgs are a dime a dozen right now. CP3, Williams, Curry, Nash, Kidd, Rose, Rondo, GA.

As for bigs you have Howard.......Yao..............anyone else?

This factors in somewhat for me. But this logic tends to work better when creating a fantasy team than deciding who is the best player IMO. Should Paul's ranking suffer because of the recent rush of young talented PG's? If he is still the same player, it shouldn't factor in. But I understand where you are coming from. And if I could pick a player between them to start a team for this season, I'd pick Dwight for sure.

I need to think about this more...

jackdawson
09-21-2010, 01:48 PM
Voted for Pau but this is where I wanted to vote for Kobe.

Thank you for telling the truth :clap:

beasted86
09-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Melo....

MY TOP TEN

1. Kobe
2. LBJ
3. D Wade
4. Kevin Durant
5. Carmelo Anthony
6. Dwight Howard
7. Chris Paul
8. Deron Williams
9. Roy
10.Pau

I've never understood the rankings where people would have Carmelo Anthony high up like 4-5 in the NBA, yet Dirk is not even in the top 10.

It really baffles me. :confused:

I'm not so concerned with where people rank Carmelo, but rather the huge gap they think is between Carmelo & Dirk.

crewfan13
09-21-2010, 01:58 PM
Melo,
The way I look at it is if I were picking a team to win a championship this year, and these were my options, I'm going Melo. He has the ability to take over games with his scoring, and that's what you need in the end IMO.

I can't go Howard, he can get nullified in the clutch. If he's playing a guy like Kobe, who can score in a variety of ways, especially shooting jumpers, he isn't going to dominate on defense and his offensive game can't go toe to toe with Kobe.

I think Pau's stats are overrated cuz he plays with one of the best players of all time.

I agree with whoever said PGs are a dime a dozen. There are alot of good pgs in the league and I think Deron Williams may be better than Paul. He was impressive in the playoffs.

When you look at who's already considered the top 4 players, this league is dominated by wing players. Melo is pretty close to being on the level of the 4 already selected, so I have to go with Melo on this one.

DaBUU
09-21-2010, 02:06 PM
D Twizzie

Rivera
09-21-2010, 02:10 PM
i wanna pick dwight.....his defense is soooo dominant......but i feel his offensive game hasnt improved to much.....but his defense is soooooo gooood he rebounds n blocks as much as KD Scores!!! :drool: .......but iono if i can pick him cause idk if hes improved offensivley enough for top 5 player consideration

i still need some time to make this desicion before i go complete ape sh** and try to convince every1....gotta convince myself some more between cp3 vs dwight

drama1386
09-21-2010, 02:10 PM
went with dwight howard.

Avenged
09-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Seriously, these polls have generated plenty of good discussion so skipping #4 just to put Durant doesn't make any sense. We don't know where all the Wade voters would have gone.

Anyways CP3 should have been #4 so my vote goes to him.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-21-2010, 02:15 PM
Chris Paul

Ray_R
09-21-2010, 02:15 PM
:dwight

Cool007
09-21-2010, 02:16 PM
dwight, 2 dpoy awards and leads a 50+ win squad

Dwight pretty damn easily.

Give me a dominant big man that plays both ends of the floor.

Wow! I am surprised that it's even close. How can you not pick Dwight? I want to hear the arguments.

beasted86
09-21-2010, 02:18 PM

Wow! I am surprised that it's even close. How can you not pick Dwight? I want to hear the arguments.

Chis Paul always scores more than Dwight, and generates far more offense on top of that with his assists. He's also a pretty good defender for a PG, both on ball and with his steals.

Rivera
09-21-2010, 02:22 PM

dwight is dominant on ONE end of the floor...he plays the other well of the floor above average to good (mayb im givin him to much credit)

cp3 CAN be dominant on both ends of the floor.....but he isnt....only on certain nights he wants to be dominant defensivley.....plays the passing lanes wayy better than he does man 2 man

its close its real close and i still havent made a desicion yet :mad:

dhopisthename
09-21-2010, 02:25 PM
I would rather have howard who can anchor a defense and set up the offense for other guys

crewfan13
09-21-2010, 02:27 PM

I'm alittle confused by your argument, you said you wanted a dominant big man that plays both ends of the floor, but you picked Dwight. He's far from dominant offensively.

Like I said, Dwight can essentially be taken out of games. Look when they play the Lakers, Kobe can dominate the Magic, and if he doesn't, it usually doesn't have a ton to do with Dwight's defense. Dwight can't stop him unless he comes into the paint. If Kobe's even relatively hot from midrange, Dwight has been nullified. Same goes when playing Lebron, Wade, Durant, Carmelo or any other team with guys who score from the perimeter.

And in those situations, at least guys like Carmelo, CP3, Dirk, Deron, Pau and Roy can have enough of an impact offensively to have a major impact on the game. Dwight isn't good enough offensively to still have a huge impact in those games.

Plus for me, the 5th best player in the NBA has to have some clutch, go-to moments adn ability. Down one with 10 seconds left Dwight really isn't the kind of guy that strikes terror into opposing teams if he has the ball like the other guys do.

Klivlend
09-21-2010, 02:33 PM
C-P-Thrizzle

Avenged
09-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Chis Paul always scores more than Dwight, and generates far more offense on top of that with his assists. He's also a pretty good defender for a PG, both on ball and with his steals.

Bingo. Not to mention the last season he was healthy he put up a PER of 30, Dwight has never gone above 25.

The only thing holding Chris Paul down is health, so I wouldn't mind if Dwight gets the #5 spot, but anyone thinking it's Dwight and it's not even close is kind of silly.

jackdawson
09-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Chris Paul= Hands down best point guard of this generation.

Avenged
09-21-2010, 02:42 PM

Nice to see you hop on board ;)

Hawkeye15
09-21-2010, 02:42 PM
this one is really tough for me. On one hand, Dwight played better than CP3 last season. Over the past 3 seasons, CP3 played better overall though. And for this upcoming season, I think Paul moves ahead of him again
I voted for CP3

smith&wesson
09-21-2010, 02:47 PM
mello.

ManningToTyree
09-21-2010, 02:50 PM
CP3. Howard deserves consideation

Hawkeye15
09-21-2010, 02:57 PM

I agree. I have been saying that for over 2 years. Its a shame his roster support doesn't let the average fan see how dominant he really is. Deron is no slouch, but it blows my mind that many think he is better than CP3

J_M_B
09-21-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm in the minority, went with Deron..

Rivera
09-21-2010, 03:04 PM

well do u mean majority??

cause deron beat cp3 in the PSD best PG rankings

PSD baffels me.....deron won best PG in the PG rankings.....but it seems inevatable (spelling???) that cp3 is gonna finish higher on this list as the best players in the NBA over deron

deron better pg....cp3 better player? or

ironic???

Hawkeye15
09-21-2010, 03:10 PM

please show me how Deron is better then CP3. Seriously. The one thing it comes down to, when these arguments break down, and the ONLY thing Deron supporters have is their rare head to head matchups, which is the dumbest way to judge a player against another.

Hawkeye15
09-21-2010, 03:14 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=paulch01&y1=2010&p2=willide01&y2=2010

Last season only, the worst of Pauls over the past 3 due to injury. He still trumps Deron

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=paulch01&y1=2010&p2=willide01&y2=2010

career wise. Paul takes a dump on Deron.

As I said, its a shame Paul plays for such an average to below average team with health issues. He is the best PG we have seen since Stockton, and his career, to date, is being wasted away

beasted86
09-21-2010, 03:15 PM
PSD baffels me....

You have to take all polls on PSD with a grain of salt.
Kobe #1 player, the entire Center rankings past #1, etc...

Hawkeye15
09-21-2010, 03:17 PM
You have to take all polls on PSD with a grain of salt.
Kobe #1 player, the entire Center rankings past #1, etc...

well, many times when there is voting, homerism kicks in, and the larger fan bases also have a say. They are fun for discussion, but by no means an accurate portrayal of the rankings of NBA players.

Antipod
09-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Cp>dh :)

JordansBulls
09-21-2010, 03:41 PM
That's ****ed up!! #4 thread should have been here now. Don't tell he got a lot of votes for #3 because so did LeBron in the first thread; According to this theory there shouldn't have been a thread on #2 player.

This. Because I wouldn't have voted for Durant 4th.

jackdawson
09-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Nice to see you hop on board ;)

I am a big fan of CP3. I genuinely think he is the best PG. I could never forget the 2007-2008 season when he was 100% healthy. A healthy CP3 is simply unreal at both ends of the floor. If he was healthy he would be my #4 pick.

Rivera
09-21-2010, 03:46 PM
i finally reached my final verdict.....

after hours and hours of debating myself, and the reseach i put in

my conclusion is........

i feel like this is lebrons desicion lol

its cp3....and to tell u the truth i shoulda made this ALOT sooner....im just a big orlando fan and i want to put dwight in the top 5 but until i see his offensive game improve i cant

if u ask me who i would start a team with who would i want on my team....its dwight....theres nothing like a dominant big on D with his freak athletisim

if u are asking me who is the better overall basketball player (which this poll is) im taking cp3....he is a freak.....it is unfair for me to use his numbers from last year since he was hurt....im more than confident cp3 is gonna b healthy and ready to go at the start of this season..

2 seasons ago (when paul was healthy) he put up a PER of 30!!!!! and still maintained a true shooting percentage of 60% his offense is far and away better than dwights (i know comparing a pg offense to a C is apples n oranges BUT) dwight has NO postgame....he tries that sky hook during the regular season at times but he isnt confident in his moves he gets scared to use them during games....cp3 has all the moves in the book for a PG including stellar D

and as far as win shares go dwight 13 cp3 18 thats a BIG difference

cp3 is SICK gotta go with the kid he is very special and too talented (so is dwight but i dont think he realizes it or puts in the work durin the offseason prove me wrong dwight :pray:)

btw i realize he worked with hakeem the dream this offseason....n he said it best....he has offensive moves he just isnt confident in them.....so until he does gain confidence in his moves hes right there from being the most dominant player in the LEAGUE

jackdawson
09-21-2010, 03:48 PM
I agree. I have been saying that for over 2 years. Its a shame his roster support doesn't let the average fan see how dominant he really is. Deron is no slouch, but it blows my mind that many think he is better than CP3

Dude, just think about Tyson Chandler and David West. He made West an allstar and Chandler was a beast in NO. CP3 is god at making teammates better, which IMO is the primary job of a point guard. I like Deron Williams too but never thought for a second he was better than CP3.

ChiSox219
09-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Did any of you guys see CP3 after he returned from his ligament removal?

Dwight Howard is my vote.

Rivera
09-21-2010, 04:06 PM
its a shame this discussion doesnt get as much attention as the other one did....the wade vs durant debate was epic.....this is a dud...kinda let down :sigh:

Jewelz0376
09-21-2010, 04:27 PM
I honestly think D12 and Cp3 should be ahead of Durant, but o well

I was like most people between d12 and cp3...I went d12...He is probably the most dominant defensive player since Hakeem... He's not as good on ball as Ben Wallace was in his prime, but d12 is better off the ball for the fact that he's a 7 footer and has close to 40 in vert....

Cp3 is dominant on offense like d12 is dominant on D.... So to me it comes down to what has more of an impact on a game... Cp3's defense or D12's offense... and I went with D12's offense, because he doesn't have a great post game, but he still gets close 20 ppg, a good o rebounder, and gets opposing players in foul trouble...Cp3 is a great defensive player, but having a great interior defender or wing defender is more valuable than a pg who can defend...(unless its some1 like kidd who can guard 2's also)

97NYer
09-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Melo

Jewelz0376
09-21-2010, 04:30 PM

x2...

like i said in above post i put cp3 and d12 ahead of durant...those two effect the game in more ways than durant...

ChiSox219
09-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Durant should be higher than Kobe and has a case against Wade and Howard.

Until CP3 shows he can recover from a career altering surgery, there is no way to put him over Howard or Durant.

I hope he does recover but he was no where near the #1 PG at the end of last season.

Cool007
09-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Dude, just think about Tyson Chandler and David West. He made West an allstar and Chandler was a beast in NO. CP3 is god at making teammates better, which IMO is the primary job of a point guard. I like Deron Williams too but never thought for a second he was better than CP3.

Really??? God at making teammates better??? Really???

David West still played at All-star level even without CP3 assisting him. Marcus Williams and Darren Collison played awesome with NO CP3 playing.

Now don't tell me that he makes them better even without playing next to them.

He made Chandler look good coz teams really concentrated on him and him only. Once they figured it out, what happened to chandler??? He was still playing with CP3 wasn't it???

IMO, I don't think anyone makes anyone that much better, they have to be skilled or have the mentality to adjust and play next to that star player. If they adjust (Rondo/Chandler/etc) then they would look pretty darn good but if they don't then they look pathetic.

CP3 is one of most fav player and yes, he is clearly the best PG in the NBA but some are just making something out of nothing.

macc
09-21-2010, 04:53 PM
You really can't go wrong with either Cp3 or Dwight. I agree with the posters above that say both should be before Durrant. I love Durrant but right now in my eyes he's strictly a scorer and above average defender. Hes still not the playmaker I would like to see him be.

In all reality he's a prime T-Mac minus the playmaking ability Mac had but with more defensive skills. People just tout Durrant more because of how young he is and what his ceiling could be. I agree that he has a very high ceiling and coule be a goat but in today's NBA, I think theres more complete players to put in my top 5.

Argument for CP3

Great on offense, cabilities to be a 25+ ppg guy any given night.
He's arguablly the best player in the game at getting his teammates involved on the offensive end. Which in reality impacts the game on offense tremendously.

Argument for Howard

Good not great on offense (though I think people underrate him, I mean the guy was #1 in fg% last year) you have to be pretty decent offensively to have the #1 spot. Plus in the last 3 years he's averaged 18 - 21 ppg on a team that has players such as Jameer Nelson, Vince Carter, Rashard Lewis, MP, players who can score 20+ any given night. So noone should expect him to be averaging 25+ on a team like that. If he played for Detroit, Nets, Knicks, ect, I could easily see him averaging higher ppg.
Howards impact on defense is unmatched. If you look at Orlandos roster, we only have one player outside of Dwight who is an above average defender (MP). Yet we've been the one of the top 2 defensive teams the last few years. Think about that.

So when you look at your top player, it's just a matter of personal opinion on what is more important to you. A guy who impacts the floor so much the offensive end or defensive end. So you can't go wrong either way.

I choose Howard, I admit I'm a little Bias being a Magic fan but I give the edge to Howard for 3 reasons. 1) Big men are a rarety where as you can get Chris Paul like production from a number of players in the league, but not Howards and 2) Howard lead his team to the 2nd best record in the NBA last year. Made the finals two years ago, ECF last year and has just been a winner year after year. 3) Impacts the offensive end with his #1 fg% in the league and creates open oppurtunities for other players with his dominant play downlow.

So that's my opinion, doesn't mean I'm right, it's just my thoughts on it all.

JordansBulls
09-21-2010, 05:08 PM

David West still played at All-star level even without CP3 assisting him. Marcus Williams and Darren Collison played awesome with NO CP3 playing.

He made Chandler look good coz teams really concentrated on him and him only. Once they figured it out, what happened to chandler??? He was still playing with CP3 wasn't it???

IMO, I don't think anyone makes anyone that much better, they have to be skilled or have the mentality to adjust and play next to that star player. If they adjust (Rondo/Chandler/etc) then they would look pretty darn good but if they don't then they look pathetic.

CP3 is one of most fav player and yes, he is clearly the best PG in the NBA but some are just making something out of nothing.

West wasn't an allstar before he played with CP3. Of course afterwards he will still play well because now he has that ability and confidence.

jackdawson
09-21-2010, 05:09 PM

Wait, don't get too excited here. Here's why I said CP3 is god at making teammates better (If you didn't know the following you can thank me):

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/westda01.html

Take a look at this. The year before CP3 arrived D. West averaged 6.2 ppg, 4.3 rpg. In CP3's rookie year he exploded: 17.1 ppg, 7.5 rpg. And he kept getting better untill 2009. Then CP3 got injured (played 45 games) last year and West's production went down parallaly to 19 ppg and 7.5 rpg from previous year's.

Now let's look at Tyson Chandler:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/chandty01.html

The year before he arrived NO (2005-06) he averaged: 5.3 ppg and 9 rpg.

His first year with CP3: 9.5 ppg, 12.4 rpg
2nd year with CP3: 11.8 ppg, 11.7 rpg.

After he was traded (w/o CP3): 6.5 ppg, 6.3 rpg (Back to his actual potential that is w/o CP3). I don't think he will put up better numbers next year either even though he will play with Jason Kidd.

So I know what I am talking about. It baffles me how people start ranting without even doing some research.

Avenged
09-21-2010, 06:44 PM

Same here.

Hawkeye15
09-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Wait, don't get too excited here. Here's why I said CP3 is god at making teammates better (If you didn't know the following you can thank me):

Take a look at this. The year before CP3 arrived D. West averaged 6.2 ppg, 4.3 rpg. In CP3's rookie year he exploded: 17.1 ppg, 7.5 rpg. And he kept getting better untill 2009. Then CP3 got injured (played 45 games) last year and West's production went down parallaly to 19 ppg and 7.5 rpg from previous year's.

After he was traded (w/o CP3): 6.5 ppg, 6.3 rpg (Back to his actual potential that is w/o CP3). I don't think he will put up better numbers next year either even though he will play with Jason Kidd.

So I know what I am talking about. It baffles me how people start ranting without even doing some research.

watch Ariza win MIP, and people still don't give CP3 the credit he deserves. I agree that we all need to see how he returns, and if he can regain his form. But those types of surgeries have a time restraint, so judging off last season is harsh. Paul was still the best PG, statistically, last year, and it wasn't even close really. So even a 90% Paul from 08' will be a top 5 player

ET92898
09-21-2010, 06:48 PM
For me it was a tie between Melo and CP3 but i voted CP3.

Avenged
09-21-2010, 06:48 PM

Yeah Chris Paul really elevated Chandler and West, I don't see how some can even deny it. If someone goes on to say Chris Paul is the #1 PG (while adding crazy numbers his best year), and then go on to say he doesn't make his teammates better is kind of contradicting.

The job of a PG is to make teammates better, to give them opportunities, if a PG can't do that, he isn't the best.

Zefflin
09-21-2010, 06:54 PM
I'll take D12 over CP3 this time.

TheTakeOver24
09-21-2010, 07:45 PM
CP3 is just an all around beast.
When healthy, he's arguably the best passing pg, the best scoring pg, and the best defensive pg in the NBA.

alencp3
09-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Cp3 cp3 mvp mvp

Zefflin
09-21-2010, 08:00 PM
For me it was a tie between Melo and CP3 but i voted CP3.

Holy **** man a Buffalo Bills avatar...you are a true fan...god bless your heart.

IversonIsKrazy
09-21-2010, 10:15 PM
CP3, then D-Will, then Durrant is what it should've been imo. He had an injury year, but he is a more complete player than Durant is right now. CP deserves this spot. Durrant is kind of being overrated now, he has an amazing future no doubt, but I think RIGHT NOW, he is no more than a scorer, and not a better scorer than Melo, or Dirk.

daleja424
09-21-2010, 10:22 PM
cp3 I think... d12 is close though

still1ballin
09-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Wasn't Deron Williams voted the #1 PG lol?

Baller1
09-21-2010, 11:32 PM
It's Dwight.

tredigs
09-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Wasn't Deron Williams voted the #1 PG lol?

Ahah, exactly. Goes to show how fickle the voting on these types of polls are (in general, but especially on PSD).

In other words, if anyone ever refers to a past PSD poll in an argument as to who was considered the better player at the time, it holds absolutely no weight. This is why advanced stats and knowing how to contextualize them is so much more valuable than polls (watching the games is still #1, but that always holds a huge degree of bias when people want to talk about 'who's best'. So that has to be taken with a big grain of salt also).

aussie
09-22-2010, 12:05 AM
cp3 :)

GSRaider
09-22-2010, 12:29 AM
First off... Durant<Wade...

2nd... Deron Williams<CP3

Very close

Jmho

The_Jamal
09-22-2010, 12:36 AM
Really can't go wrong with Paul, Howard, or Dwill here. I voted Paul though, he has the least amount of help and still puts up huge numbers

Khalifa21
09-22-2010, 09:05 AM
It's CP3. Guy is outrageous. I'd give anything to have him on the Knicks.

Hawkeye15
09-22-2010, 12:20 PM
#6 is up, thanks for voting