PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo "Associated Content Contributor" ranks Rose most overrated in NBA

thescore53
09-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Derrick Rose(notes) - Chicago Bulls

For some odd reason, fans of the Bulls feel that Rose gives them a chance to capture the glory days of the Michael Jordan era. But in reality he has done very little to help the team make a serious run at an NBA championship. Rose is limited with his three point shot and has shown the difficulties he has when defending a player of average caliber. If Rose was playing in a smaller market he would be a forgotten player rather than front and center in the NBA marketing department.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ac-6753654

Kevin Durant(notes) - Oklahoma City Thunder

Since joining the NBA in 2007, the NBA brass has pushed Durant as being the next great thing. While he has continued to show that he does have an ability to score, Durant is still lacking in critical areas like defense and makes turning the ball over a regular occurrence. The one thing going in Durant's favor is that he is young and has the chance to turn his game around. Otherwise he isn't worth the amount of money he is being paid.
ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Johnson(notes) - Atlanta Hawks

With the amount of money Johnson was signed for during the offseason, you would expect the Hawks received one of the top players in the NBA. Instead they received an overrated shooting guard who is past his prime, but thinks he is the best player on the court. His contract is going to cost the franchise a chance at developing a playoff contending team.

Brandon Jennings(notes) - Milwaukee Bucks

If you want to see a player who has achieved overrated status as a result of one amazing game, Jennings is your man. The Bucks' point guard received a lot of undeserving attention, especially considering he shoots 37.1 percent from the field and provides marginal defense at best. Like Durant, Jennings has the chance to improve his game and become a quality starter in the NBA. He just has a long way to go.

Chris Bosh(notes) - Miami Heat

Bosh is the perfect example of a player who rode the coattails of the top two players in the NBA, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade(notes). Bosh shoots the ball more than he should and does not believe in passing. When you combine this with his knack for a turnover, you will see his production go down across the board in Miami and will leave fans wondering what happened to the player who was the star of the Toronto Raptors.

May the entire crew of yahoo sport writers die of syphilis.
Talk amongst yourselves...

it as if psd members wrote this. i thought outside psd rose was underatted

Gators123
09-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Get the popcorn ready....

save the knicks
09-20-2010, 06:20 PM
but is he better than Rondo??:smh:

Wade>You
09-20-2010, 06:20 PM
"Associated Content" is Yahoo's version of Bleacher Report.

What's with all this fake news tabloids? Are people really that gullible?

If you want to write for Y! Sports, then go over here and sign up: https://publish.associatedcontent.com/signup.shtml

thescore53
09-20-2010, 06:22 PM
i agree with durants assessment people are already crowning him a mini goat.

uptown0364
how can a 21 year old who averaged 27 pts and 7 assists in the Playoffs this year be the most overrated player in the NBA? And having Durant in there as well? Do these writers even have to submit a resume before applying for a job at Yahoo?

spreadeagle
You gunna piss off some mad bulls fans with this one lol

JWO35
09-20-2010, 06:23 PM
This guys must visit PSD on a daily basis :clap:

Hustla23
09-20-2010, 06:24 PM
He is extremely overrated for sure.

PraiseJesus
09-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Fantastic. I agree.

TheTakeOver24
O god... PSD moderators worst nightmare!

KH12
"Associated Content" is Yahoo's version of Bleacher Report.

What's with all this fake news tabloids? Are people really that gullible?

If you want to write for Y! Sports, then go over here and sign up: https://publish.associatedcontent.com/signup.shtml

This, wouldn't surprise me if it was a PSD user who wrote this.

tcav701
09-20-2010, 06:26 PM
Durant cant possibly be overated. He is the biggest offensvie threat there is right now.

PraiseJesus
09-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Jennings also

PraiseJesus
09-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Durant not overrated in the slightest

spreadeagle
09-20-2010, 06:28 PM
O god... PSD moderators worst nightmare!

:clap::D

JordansBulls
Durant and Rose just did what the 2004 and 2006 teams couldn't do? Win a gold medal.:)

thescore53
o i didn't know this wasn't a good source though it just opinions.

uptown0364
09-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Overrated should be people that get big contracts that they don't deserve...e.g. Rashard Lewis

northsider
Your title is misleading and should be correct.

For 1 he def. is overrated but, that is mostly here on PSD which is a internet forum and has allot of Bulls fans go ****ing figure.

Second he also has Durant on that list which makes this no longer credible IMO when he easily what people chalk him up to be if not getting better.

Please don't just post something to start a fight when nothing is accurate that is what makes the NBA forum a joke cause most people in here are just plain morons.

I'm not saying he isn't overrated I am just calling out your completely false title that is some random guys opinion just like the ones of the people overrating him.

spreadeagle
Who is this Derek Rose fella I keep hearing all about on here?

thescore53
09-20-2010, 06:31 PM
this article just made me realize how absurd Joe johnsons contract was.

championships
09-20-2010, 06:32 PM
I was going to agree till I saw Durant as #2

Gilly1254
09-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Havin durant on here = FAIL. Only reason you could overate Rose is bye saying hes top tier PG in the NBA in which MOST bulls fans do.

29$JerZ
09-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Rose is overrated, not a surprise. The bigger surprise is how Durant is the most overrated player in the NBA to these people. I guess being the main reason why your country wins a gold medal and the fact you gave the Lakers a legit threat despite having no length makes you overrated.

TheHoopsProphet
09-20-2010, 06:34 PM
In a way, every single player in the NBA is overrated. Kobe isn't the most clutch player in the NBA, Lebron hasn't really proved ability to step up his game (sans Detroit ECF 2007) and thus is a huge stat buffer, Duncan's signature bankers aren't very efficient, Carmelo can't play D or post up for a man of his size, Chris Paul's spg always gets him on all-defense squads, etc.

But as far as most overrated? Thats tough to judge, but I agree that Rose is definitely up there. He's been marketed so hard and hasn't really proven anything beyond being a better man's TJ Ford.

Rego247
this thread is gonna explode pretty soon. lol.

spreadeagle
this article just made me realize how absurd Joe johnsons contract was.

Plz tell me you lost a sig bet....you are not a Miami heat fan from Tdot are you?:confused:

uptown0364
09-20-2010, 06:35 PM
I was going to agree till I saw Durant as #2

he also calls Lebron and Wade the top 2 players in the league when talking about Bosh, so he's a moron.

spreadeagle
09-20-2010, 06:36 PM
In a way, every single player in the NBA is overrated. Kobe isn't the most clutch player in the NBA, Lebron hasn't really proved ability to step up his game (sans Detroit ECF 2007) and thus is a huge stat buffer, Duncan's signature bankers aren't very efficient, Carmelo can't play D or post up for a man of his size, Chris Paul's spg always gets him on all-defense squads, etc.

But as far as most overrated? Thats tough to judge, but I agree that Rose is definitely up there. He's been marketed so hard and hasn't really proven anything beyond being a better man's TJ Ford.

Who's more clutch the Kobe??????????????,and they dont call Duncan the big fundamental for nothing

justinnum1
09-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Big surprise...Rose definitely is the most overrated player in the league. An athletic PG who can't play D, can shoot it...And some fans think he is the second coming:facepalm:

bears88
the haters are going to get loose with this story lol

TheTakeOver24
Yea Rose is definitely UNDERRATED outside of PSD.
The only one thats right is Joe Johnson.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-20-2010, 06:38 PM
This thread will not end well

dnewguy
09-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Well, Durant is really overrated because all he can do is shoot, and nothing else.

I hope the moderators don't penalize me for this because it's just my personal opinion and I would rather not bring race into this but I think it needs to be said. BTW I am black. If Durant was White, he won't be considered top 5, Nowitski could do everything he does, Nowitski is even a better play maker than Durant IMO but I think people tend to rank black players higher and knock White players for not as strong and just a few are given credit for defense. Dirk is a better defender and play maker than Durant but some how people say Durant is a better player.

bears88
09-20-2010, 06:39 PM
Big surprise...Rose definitely is the most overrated player in the league. An athletic PG who can't play D, can shoot it...And some fans think he is the second coming:facepalm:

:facepalm:nobody said he was the second coming, but he is our only All-star since the Jordan Era

PraiseJesus
09-20-2010, 06:39 PM
John Wall should be on this list too. He is basically Derrick Rose 2.0

justinnum1
09-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Durant and Rose just did what the 2004 and 2006 teams couldn't do? Win a gold medal.:)

:eyebrow: I wouldn't exactly say the talent level was the same.

Shammyguy3
09-20-2010, 06:41 PM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=fordtj01&y1=2010&p2=rosede01&y2=2010

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Derrick%20Rose
http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=T.J.%20Ford

Not even close.

dnewguy
09-20-2010, 06:41 PM
If Rose was playing for the Grizzles, he would be as popular as O J Mayo...he is totally overrated mainly due to the market he plays in.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-20-2010, 06:43 PM

:facepalm:

Slap yourself. and make me a grilled cheese sandwich for sayin that

justinnum1
09-20-2010, 06:45 PM
If Rose was playing for the Grizzles, he would be as popular as O J Mayo...he is totally overrated mainly due to the market he plays in.

:nod:

kjoke
09-20-2010, 06:46 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=fordtj01&y1=2010&p2=rosede01&y2=2010

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Derrick%20Rose
http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=T.J.%20Ford

Not even close.

well u just pointed out he is a better mans tj ford

northsider
09-20-2010, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=dnewguy;14944637]If Rose was playing for the Grizzles, he would be as popular as O J Mayo...he is totally overrated mainly due to the market he plays in.[/QUOTE

He is overrated due to the fan base on PSD there is just to many random Bulls fans who constantly start threads about him and the rest of you just generalize it as the entire fan base which is just as dumb as the what the OP did.

If he played in Memphis he would probably get just as much praise just wouldn't be hated on as much cause the lack of Grizzley fans on here and I think more people on here just hate the Bulls just like the hate for the Heat, Celtics and Lakers they are just easy teams to hate cause of there big market.

It sucks how much he gets blown up on PSD but, outside of this he is just the star player of the Bulls to most people and nothing more.

llemon
09-20-2010, 06:47 PM
Why isn't Carmelo Anthony on this list?

kswissdaf
09-20-2010, 06:48 PM
I really think people misunderstand the meaning of overrated/underrated. Being overrated doesn't mean your a bad player. For instance you guys say how can a guy who lead the league in scoring be overrated. Well KD really has proved nothing, he only has had 1 all star year not saying he isn't amazing but people are making him the golden boy of the league

dnewguy
09-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Is Durant a top 20 play-maker in the league? If your answer is also No, then he's overrated.

mavwar53
09-20-2010, 06:49 PM
I'd agree with this list on everyone except Durant, Rose really is overrated.

bbblack40
09-20-2010, 06:50 PM
Durant is def. overrated, I mean he is a great scorer but people are blowing him up way to fast kinda reminds me of Tmac. Are we even sure he can lead his team out the 1st round?

netsgiantsyanks
09-20-2010, 06:51 PM

did derrick rose rape your sister??

WITZ
09-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Sub Durant with Queen James and thats looks like a alright list.

uptown0364
09-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Stats during year in which they were 21 years old:

Rose- 21pts 6 assists
Paul- 17pts 9 assists
Williams-11pts 4.5 assists
D Wade- 16pts 4.5 assists

Close topic.

Mishmin
09-20-2010, 06:52 PM
I really think people misunderstand the meaning of overrated/underrated. Being overrated doesn't mean your a bad player. For instance you guys say how can a guy who lead the league in scoring be overrated. Well KD really has proved nothing, he only has had 1 all star year not saying he isn't amazing but people are making him the golden boy of the league

Exactly. I know Rose is overrated. He has great potential and he's a walking highlight, but I think he's put on a plateau. Also, I love Durant, but people are already predicting him MVP for next year- could be true, but people love to hoist up Durant.

I'm not sure I agree with Bosh though. I think he was actually overlooked quite a bit in his time in Toronto.

dnewguy
09-20-2010, 06:55 PM
Stats during year in which they were 21 years old:

Rose- 21pts 6 assists
Paul- 17pts 9 assists
Williams-11pts 4.5 assists
D Wade- 16pts 4.5 assists

Close topic.

Wade actually was in college, stop making things up.

bbblack40
09-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Rose is overrated, not a surprise. The bigger surprise is how Durant is the most overrated player in the NBA to these people. I guess being the main reason why your country wins a gold medal and the fact you gave the Lakers a legit threat despite having no length makes you overrated.

Did u actually watch that series? Durant was awful... the reason the got to game six was because of Westbrook and the energy that serge brought at the Center position, but because the media is pushing for durant to be the new it guy you probably would think he was the reason for them gettin to game 6. yea he did lead team usa and thats great but the competiton was kinda watered down, just like the usa didnt send their best players neither did alot of the other elite countries.

uptown0364
09-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Wade actually was in college, stop making things up.

NBA.com says he was born in January of 1982 and he played 61 games for the Heat in 2003-2004. So even worse, he was older than Rose with worse stats but was 21 halfway through the year. My point is that you can't call someone this young overrated.

justinnum1
09-20-2010, 07:03 PM

:laugh: U mad?

Rafer17
09-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Rondo just called he wants his ring back

dnewguy
09-20-2010, 07:04 PM
NBA.com says he was born in January of 1982 and he played 61 games for the Heat in 2003-2004. So even worse, he was older than Rose with worse stats but was 21 halfway through the year. My point is that you can't call someone this young overrated.

Wade wasn't his team leader and he didnt take as many shots as Rose. Rose's progression from year 1 to year 2 is just plainly horrible, even though he was the no1 option last season.

Dbo355
09-20-2010, 07:06 PM
we (bulls fans) definitely put him on a pedestal but in no way he is overrated... he has been in the NBA two years and he has already

-won rookie of the year
-made it to an allstar game
-won a gold medal for the FIBA's
-taken his team to the playoffs his first 2 seasons
-has averaged 27 and 7 in the two seasons hes been to the playoffs

...pretty good resume for going into his 3rd year in the league

Ovratd1up
09-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Everyone who is saying he is overrated are people that have seen..

-Some highlights of him dunking, etc.
-His unimpressive 20/6 average
-The NBA marketing him a lot
-Some of his FIBA play
-Bulls homers preaching in the NBA forum

What I am saying is that if you guys want to make conclusions, watch him play.

Ovratd1up
09-20-2010, 07:07 PM
Rose's progression from year 1 to year 2 is just plainly horrible, even though he was the no1 option last season.

What are you basing this off of? Did you watch him play at least a few games last year?

spreadeagle
09-20-2010, 07:08 PM
read the sig carefully dude.

Ahhh gotcha very nice "borat voice"

Sadds The Gr8
09-20-2010, 07:08 PM
i agree.

Sadds The Gr8
09-20-2010, 07:09 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r136/Romulus32/ibtl.gif

thescore53
09-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Well, Durant is really overrated because all he can do is shoot, and nothing else.

I hope the moderators don't penalize me for this because it's just my personal opinion and I would rather not bring race into this but I think it needs to be said. BTW I am black. If Durant was White, he won't be considered top 5, Nowitski could do everything he does, Nowitski is even a better play maker than Durant IMO but I think people tend to rank black players higher and knock White players for not as strong and just a few are given credit for defense. Dirk is a better defender and play maker than Durant but some how people say Durant is a better player.

Que ?

justinnum1
09-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Everyone who is saying he is overrated are people that have seen..

-Some highlights of him dunking, etc.
-His unimpressive 20/6 average
-The NBA marketing him a lot
-Some of his FIBA play
-Bulls homers preaching in the NBA forum

What I am saying is that if you guys want to make conclusions, watch him play.

Seen him play, he hops around, turns it over, and throws up clinkers. He's not even in the top assists for PG:facepalm: OVERRATED

XerxestheGreat
09-20-2010, 07:11 PM
how can a 21 year old who averaged 27 pts and 7 assists in the Playoffs this year be the most overrated player in the NBA? And having Durant in there as well? Do these writers even have to submit a resume before applying for a job at Yahoo?

Agreed! KD is pretty damn good! and he's only 21....let's give it sometime. But he is NOT overated at all, he has some serious talent man...

Rose maybe...but he's still learning also, and he also has some serious raw talent and speed that i believe is unmatched in the NBA! I would take both on my home town team anyday!!!

thescore53
09-20-2010, 07:12 PM
:laugh: U mad?

:eyebrow:

OA SLAY
09-20-2010, 07:14 PM
Ahhh....... Joe Johnson makes like 124million.......

Ray_R
09-20-2010, 07:14 PM

Yea he even made him press record on the cam.

uptown0364
09-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Wade wasn't his team leader and he didnt take as many shots as Rose. Rose's progression from year 1 to year 2 is just plainly horrible, even though he was the no1 option last season.

So it's Derrick's fault he was better and could contribute more to his team than Wade could when he was that young? What's Deron Williams' excuse?

Slimsim
09-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Not 1 knick player ? That's a surprise. Rose is overrated on PSD, but a lot of people that i know of epically at my college Underrate him that sometimes i feel like a bulls fan when i defend him. I remember the 1 ******* that said he would rather have Duhon as our PG instead of rose because he's a shoot first pg.

bears88
09-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Seen him play, he hops around, turns it over, and throws up clinkers. He's not even in the top assists for PG:facepalm: OVERRATED

:facepalm: please just be quite your making your self look stupid, before this summer your team was and still worthless. you and the heat should be thanking Chicago for giving you Wade, with out Wade your team would be garbage probably the worst in the league and probably have a hard time selling seats. yea we bulls fan over rate our own players, but so what which fan hasn't overrated their player on there team.

PS: Kobe Bryant is greater then Lebron James if you ask me James is way overrated what has he done he always chokes int he playoffs since he came to the NBA so in 7 seasons he has no Rings so I will label him as a choker /overrated and even with Wade and Bosh he still wont win a Ring. IF YOU WANT TO GIVE me a face palm I really don't give a ****.your saying Rose is overrated so let me ask you this Question what has Lebron done in his career were is his rings yea thats right he has none.

THE MTL
09-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Durant is NOT overrated in the least bit! I totally agree with his assessment on Rose though. Seriously, what would we be saying about Rose if he was on Indiana, Minnesota, or Milwaukee.

Rivera
09-20-2010, 07:23 PM
:hide: from all bulls fans

im actually surprised that not a lot of bulls fans had came out in defense of rose yet

kd is not overrated

dnewguy
09-20-2010, 07:23 PM
So it's Derrick's fault he was better and could contribute more to his team than Wade could when he was that young? What's Deron Williams' excuse?

Who said Rose was better, is that a joke? Wade took his team to the 2nd round as a rookie.

thescore53
09-20-2010, 07:27 PM
woah calm down goes. if rose was on memphis he would still be considered better than oj.

rose leads that team.

FlakeyFool
09-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Hit the nail on the head with the Bosh comment

zambo4president
09-20-2010, 07:30 PM
This is complete ********

Ovratd1up
09-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Seen him play,

When?

he hops around

I don't see why this is undesireable.

turns it over,

He was in a role where he had to create everything for his team, and when you don't have other superior offensive threats around you, this often leads to turnovers. See your boy Wade, who has a lower assist to turnover ratio than Rose.

and throws up clinkers.

Is this where he gets the 3rd highest FG% among PG's that played 45+ games and 25+ minutes? Or how he became one of the best mid-range shooters in the league in one season?

He's not even in the top assists for PG

Kirk/Taj/Vinny

:facepalm:

... :(

OVERRATED

By who?

Sir Buckets
09-20-2010, 07:34 PM
It's unfortunate that so many people dislike Rose/let their dislike of him skew their judgements. I mean, he's:

- a 21 year old All-Star
- playing for his hometown team
- polite/respectful
- a no nonsense, no ego player

and yet seems to have a raincloud of hate following him.

side note: look at Durant's and Rose's 2009-10 playoff numbers, both against very good defenses (Lakers & Cavaliers, respectively)

Durant

PPG
RPG
APG
EFF
+ 18.50

Rose

PPG
RPG
APG
EFF
+ 21.20

But whatever. Keep hating, haters.

YoungOne
09-20-2010, 07:34 PM
i like bosh on this list

Htownballa1622
09-20-2010, 07:35 PM
I agree with almost all. Rose cant shoot.he hasn't done anything to be considered mvp status...durants all around game is imo overrated.he can score.but can he defend?can he pass? Alot of people get their feelings hurt based off of potential.i say based on what they've done...they are overrated.lebron,wade,kobe are not overrated.they've all done things in this league to back themselves up. Rose and durant are great players...but I agree with the article...theyre overrated.when one becomes a complete player..then I would say they weren't overrated.i think dwill is better right now than rose.dwill is underrated.lebron is better at every aspect of the game than durant besides shooting.and kobe is better than durant at everything.

Hope this doesn't offend anyone.just being real.

Gators123
09-20-2010, 07:36 PM
:facepalm: please just be quite your making your self look stupid, before this summer your team was and still worthless. you and the heat should be thanking Chicago for giving you Wade, with out Wade your team would be garbage probably the worst in the league and probably have a hard time selling seats. yea we bulls fan over rate our own players, but so what which fan hasn't overrated their player on there team.

PS: Kobe B what has he ryant is greater then Lebron James if you ask me James is way overrateddone he always chokes int he playoffs since he came to the NBA so in 7 seasons he has no Rings so I will label him as a choker /overrated and even with Wade and Bosh he still wont win a Ring. IF YOU WANT TO GIVE me a face palm I really don't give a ****.your saying Rose is overrated so let me ask you this Question what has Lebron done in his career were is his rings yea thats right he has none.
:rolleyes:

bears88
09-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Also on top of that Rose is mature more mature then Lebron James Dewayne Wade, and their pet /***** Chris Bosh.

Ovratd1up
09-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Common misconceptions that must leave RIGHT NOW.

Durant can't defend.

Rose can't shoot.

No one should get away with these things anymore.

bears88
09-20-2010, 07:38 PM
who said I am Mad, just giving my own opinion.

Gators123
09-20-2010, 07:39 PM
It's unfortunate that so many people dislike Rose/let their dislike of him skew their judgements. I mean, he's:

- a 21 year old All-Star
- playing for his hometown team
- polite/respectful
- a no nonsense, no ego player

and yet seems to have a raincloud of hate following him.

side note: look at Durant's and Rose's 2009-10 playoff numbers, both against very good defenses (Lakers & Cavaliers, respectively)

Durant

PPG
RPG
APG
EFF
+ 18.50

Rose

PPG
RPG
APG
EFF
+ 21.20

But whatever. Keep hating, haters.

I think most people on this forum don't like him because Bulls fans overrate him way too much. Not because we think hes a bad player.

Very good player, NOT a superstar.

justinnum1
who said I am Mad, just giving my own opinion.

Sounds like you are an angry Heat hater because they scored the mother load this offseason:shrug: just saying

Ovratd1up
To those who for whatever reason hate Derrick Rose.

While I can't find advanced stats for splits, Derrick Rose averaged 23.3/4.2/6.5 on a TS% of 55.8 in the 2010 section of the season, discounting two Orlando games where he left the game in the first quarter. His play appeared to get better as the playoffs got closer, and he led us on an uphill fight to the playoffs. Again, I can't say too much more to support him because I don't know his stats during the span. The Bulls were 32-19 in the last 51 games he played, with the help of an easier schedule.

He got a new coach in Tom Thibodeau, and he's already worked a little with Rose on his defense. Rose was quoted saying something like "He's a workaholic, I'm a workaholic, you can tell this will work well." Rose is actually a really hard worker, and a willing learner. Last year he worked all summer on his jumpshot and came back with one of the best, most consistent jumpers in the game. So having a real coach will most definitely help his game out a ton, especially on defense, maybe his biggest weakness last year.

One area of concern, one of his holes, is that he wasn't as efficient as superstars are, though his efficiency did improve as the year went on. That looks like it will improve with his supposed addition of a three pointer (which really can't be proven yet, but until October I'll take his word for it), as well as getting to the line more often. He might still not be great at it, but his attempts rose from under four a game Pre-All Star Break, to more than five post, suggesting that either he is improving, or his name will be more valuable to the refs as time goes on and he gets more recognition. Or both.

He is a 21 year old kid, and going into a third year where many stars have turned to superstars. Similar to Curry, he is for the first time not playing under a lousy at best coach, and he finally has (a) weapon(s) on his team that other stars have had for years. His decision making has gotten better, and I think is a far cry from what he has shown in these exhibition games. Again, he will finally play in a system, with plays, and Boozer should be a better fit than Noah in the pick and roll game, and this will probably make his decision making look better, even if it didn't improve at all.

Maybe Westbrook has a similar story, I don't know. He seems like he will be a very, very good player himself. But not there yet, like Rose was. And I love Curry, I think he has a chance to be a top point guard and player in this league for the next decade. I do think that Rose is on his way to superstardom, even if he's not showing it in these games.

Htownballa1622
09-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Common misconceptions that must leave RIGHT NOW.

Durant can't defend.

Rose can't shoot.

No one should get away with these things anymore.

Plz explain how rose CAN shoot.and don't give me some fg % that INCLUDES layups or inside shots. people mean he can't shoot outside.

Chronz
09-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Durant is def. overrated, I mean he is a great scorer but people are blowing him up way to fast kinda reminds me of Tmac. Are we even sure he can lead his team out the 1st round?

Anyone can lead their team past the 1st round

Sir Buckets
09-20-2010, 07:44 PM
Plz explain how rose CAN shoot.and don't give me some fg % that INCLUDES layups or inside shots. people mean he can't shoot outside.lmao... I could Google it, but I'll just be passive and let somebody else destroy you.

bears88
09-20-2010, 07:45 PM

PS: Kobe Bryant is greater then Lebron James if you ask me James is way overrated what has he done he always chokes int he playoffs since he came to the NBA so in 7 seasons he has no Rings so I will label him as a choker /overrated and even with Wade and Bosh he still wont win a Ring. IF YOU WANT TO GIVE me a face palm I really don't give a ****.your saying Rose is overrated so let me ask you this Question what has Lebron done in his career were is his rings yea thats right he has none.

Sounds like you are an angry Heat hater because they scored the mother load this offseason:shrug: just saying

ha thats funny I don't want Lebron James I don't want Wade and I defiantly don't Want bosh too many egos. I am probably one of the Few Bulls fans that didn't want them near the Bulls, and your a Rose Hater so you hate on a Bulls player then I m going to hate on a heat player.

Chronz
Plz explain how rose CAN shoot.and don't give me some fg % that INCLUDES layups or inside shots. people mean he can't shoot outside.

You havent been here long enough, nobody relies on FG% anymore and when they do its contextualized to a specific act. People will shot you his FG% and reliance on jumpshots. What will you say then?

Jays Claw
They're absoultely right. Now, I don't know about the many opinions of fans world wide, but I'm positive that Rose is the most overrated here on PSD.

justinnum1
09-20-2010, 07:46 PM
ha thats funny I don't want Lebron James I don't want Wade and I defiantly don't Want bosh too many egos. I am probably one of the Few Bulls fans that didn't want them near the Bulls, and your a Rose Hater so you hate on a Bulls player then I m going to hate on a heat player.

All I know is Wade/Bosh/Lebron>Bulls

And if you didn't want all 3 of these guys you are crazy, because the Heat will win the EAST for the next 5-6 years.

Htownballa1622
09-20-2010, 07:48 PM
lmao... I could Google it, but I'll just be passive and let somebody else destroy you.

Lol.let someone else destroy me? Go ahead...you destroy me.explain how rose is capable of being compared to great out side shooters or scorers who can create their own outside shot.rose is great.I'm simply saying...hes overrated.he doesn't trust his shot enough.

Klivlend
09-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Sub Durant with Queen James and thats looks like a alright list.

one of the most obvious examples of hate I've seen on PSD in about 4 days.

justinnum1
09-20-2010, 07:51 PM
and how are you any different with your rose/bulls hate ?

hypocrite much ?

Just pointing out the facts, Rose is not as good as some people here like to think.

bears88
09-20-2010, 07:52 PM
All I know is Wade/Bosh/Lebron>Bulls

And if you didn't want all 3 of these guys you are crazy, because the Heat will win the EAST for the next 5-6 years.

oky well if Jordan/ pippin /Rodmen were in their 20's they will own and destroy those 3 BFFS. What makes you so sure that they are going to win the east in the next 5-6 years you know there is other teams with talent on their rosters. If you ask me D. Wade is 28 and has a lot of miles on his body so he might be breaking down and decline in the next 3 years or so.

Htownballa1622
09-20-2010, 07:53 PM
You havent been here long enough, nobody relies on FG% anymore and when they do its contextualized to a specific act. People will shot you his FG% and reliance on jumpshots. What will you say then?

I understand what you're saying about people showing me different stats but what does that have to do with my knowledge of the game?

I simply want someone to prove to me how rose CAN shoot.

that is why I feel he's overrated.

L et me ask you...do you feel he's overrated?

thescore53
09-20-2010, 07:53 PM
Lol.let someone else destroy me? Go ahead...you destroy me.explain how rose is capable of being compared to great out side shooters or scorers who can create their own outside shot.rose is great.I'm simply saying...hes overrated.he doesn't trust his shot enough.

im pretty sure they said one of the best Mid range shooter in the league.

credible55
09-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Its funny to me whole rose overated thing. u look at the numbers he puts up sorry that doesnt look overated. he cant shoot 3's wow. how about u let the kid develop. rememer jason kidd or shall i call ason. kidd sucked as a shooter early in his career and developed a shot. if rose is overated how is rondo underated. rose shoots better, rondo is better passer, rondo better defender, rebounding is near the same. rose has to be the man. we will finally see who is better when rondo becomes the man in boston. I like rondo. just saying y the hate for rose

bbblack40
09-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Anyone can lead their team past the 1st round

tmac has never done it, kg did it once and know i dont the boston yrs cause paul peirce led them. just sayin in order b a superstar you have to do it in the playoffs and he hasnt done yet thats why durant is not there on the level of the others ahead of him but people are tryin to put him there already with nothing to back it up except a scoring title... i mean really all it takes is a scoring title to be mentioned in the top3? really is that what the Nba best players are defined as now?

Htownballa1622
09-20-2010, 07:57 PM
im pretty sure they said one of the best Mid range shooter in the league.

So he can score midrange...a lost skill in the league...but does that really put him up therebeing this highly rated and blown up? Do you agree or disagree deron williams and even cp3 is better at this point?

bahama0811
09-20-2010, 07:58 PM
This thread is just full of baiting.