PDA

View Full Version : Shaq explains his feuds with other players and coaches as "marketing"

spreadeagle
09-20-2010, 04:15 PM
O’Neal says that his feuds — the latest being with Dwight Howard — are all about drumming up public interest. From the Orlando Sentinel: “Shaquille O’Neal has been no stranger to controversy during his 18-year NBA career. From the Orlando Magic split to the old Kobe Bryant feud and his more recent biting words towards Orlando magic coach Stan Van Gundy and Dwight Howard, O’Neal stirred his fair share of pots. But O’Neal calls this ‘marketing.’ ‘I know what I’m doing when it comes to selling out games,’ he said … Speaking of youth, what’s your relationship like with Dwight Howard these days? ‘He’s cool. He’s a great young player, but on the court it’s not about making friends, it’s about doing what you’re supposed to do to win that game to win a championship. But off the court, he’s a great guy, I had him on [ABC's Shaq vs.] this summer. But like I said, throughout my whole career, I know what I have to say and what I have to do to get the game popping.’”http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/09/shaquille-oneal-explains-his-marketing/

llemon
09-20-2010, 04:35 PM
O’Neal says that his feuds — the latest being with Dwight Howard — are all about drumming up public interest. From the Orlando Sentinel: “Shaquille O’Neal has been no stranger to controversy during his 18-year NBA career. From the Orlando Magic split to the old Kobe Bryant feud and his more recent biting words towards Orlando magic coach Stan Van Gundy and Dwight Howard, O’Neal stirred his fair share of pots. But O’Neal calls this ‘marketing.’ ‘I know what I’m doing when it comes to selling out games,’ he said … Speaking of youth, what’s your relationship like with Dwight Howard these days? ‘He’s cool. He’s a great young player, but on the court it’s not about making friends, it’s about doing what you’re supposed to do to win that game to win a championship. But off the court, he’s a great guy, I had him on [ABC's Shaq vs.] this summer. But like I said, throughout my whole career, I know what I have to say and what I have to do to get the game popping.’”http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2010/09/shaquille-oneal-explains-his-marketing/

It finally happened. Shaq is full of crap about being full of crap.

blacknell
09-20-2010, 04:44 PM
ni different than burger king saying they have the best burgers

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 04:53 PM
shaq is a do do head

spreadeagle
09-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Shaq should have retired after his Miami championship his legacy would be golden...now im not sure how he will be remembered 10 -20 years from now. Journeyman center?

Lil Rhody
09-20-2010, 05:06 PM
shaq is a do do head

And you would be missing 3 championships with out him :rolleyes:

DODGERS&LAKERS
09-20-2010, 07:03 PM
And you would be missing 3 championships with out him :rolleyes:

No, it just means that we would have won them a different way. Like use Shaqs 25 million a season to sign another great player or players. Lakers always get the stars, you know that

HiphopRelated
09-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Shaq should have retired after his Miami championship his legacy would be golden...now im not sure how he will be remembered 10 -20 years from now. Journeyman center?
you don't remember Hakeem in Toronto

Shaq's legacy is already cemented

Kashmir13579
09-20-2010, 07:16 PM
it was only good marketing when shaq was a relevant force in the nba

dwadefan03
09-20-2010, 07:24 PM
lol

Jays Claw
09-20-2010, 07:50 PM
I dislike all of Shaq's comments regarding his "feuds" and "past relationships" with players, coaches and management. He's just an idiot who's way past the twilight of his career.

Note to the Boston Celtics: Don't you give Shaq them minutes now since you've got Davis and Perkins.

TheHoopsProphet
09-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Why would Shaq even say this? This only makes him look more selfish than it did before. To summarize what hes saying, "I have no emotional investment in this game, all of those fueds were contrived and a way to get my name even bigger and has nothing to do with the game of basketball itself."

TheGsw
09-20-2010, 08:05 PM
lol

perknation
09-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Yes Shaq, you have us all by puppet strings.

whitemamba33
09-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Hard to argue with him...

Here you guys are...all talking about him.

Whether you think you are above it or not, you are talking about him.

Zefflin
09-20-2010, 11:19 PM
Hard to argue with him...

Here you guys are...all talking about him.

Whether you think you are above it or not, you are talking about him.

He's right.

llemon
09-20-2010, 11:27 PM
Why would Shaq even say this? This only makes him look more selfish than it did before. To summarize what hes saying, "I have no emotional investment in this game, all of those fueds were contrived and a way to get my name even bigger and has nothing to do with the game of basketball itself."

He's getting ready for his pro wrestling career.

dodie53
09-20-2010, 11:35 PM
ok shaq,
whatever

John Walls Era
09-21-2010, 09:19 AM
This is why I never took him seriously the last 2 years.