PDA

View Full Version : Pulse of ALL MLB Fans

Rivera
09-20-2010, 11:52 AM
the season is winding down and there are usually great races in baseball.....the AL is pretty much all set we already know all 4 playoff teams.....1,2,3 are just fighting it out

in the NL the west is the best race going on....giants up a half game on the padres and a game n a half up on the rockies....braves are 3 back of the phillies.....atl is 2.5 up on san diego in the wild card and 3.5 ahead of colorado

now my question(s) to all the baseball fans....are u excited about the NL West race??? has this last month for you been a complete dissapointment....are you fans excited for the MLB playoffs?....Do you guys still care when ur team is out of it??? Or has football came and made u completely forget that there is still baseball going on???

Mopped_you
09-20-2010, 11:57 AM
I'm so drawn in on the NL West. Three really solid teams all within a game and a half of one another. How can you not love it? September has been a great month especially for my team, and yeah I would watch the playoffs whether my team made it or not, and if they're eliminated. Nothing like playoff baseball.

BTW how are the Cowboys doing? Superbowl, here they come! :laugh2:

Giants-49ers-Ws
09-20-2010, 12:01 PM
this is great..giants better ****in make playoffs

Pinstripe pride
09-20-2010, 12:03 PM
the NL wild card is not exactly over either

Rivera
09-20-2010, 12:22 PM
BTW how are the Cowboys doing? Superbowl, here they come! :laugh2:

hey hey hey this is a baseball thread lmao....leave my boys outta this.....there doing just as good as my baseball team....the red sox ....:facepalm:

Crucis
09-20-2010, 12:29 PM
No, the NL WC isn't entirely over, but a 2.5 game lead with about 12-13 games to go is a pretty decent lead.

Gotta say that the NL West race is very impressive. 3 teams within 1.5 games of each other with 12-13 games remaining. Wow. And the odds don't seem to favor the Braves losing their WC lead, so those 3 NLW teams are mostly fighting for a single playoff spot.

CityofTreez
09-20-2010, 12:32 PM
My Pulse is bleeding Red.
Hell, my Niners are playing MNF 2nite, but I'll be watching the Philly/ATL series instead.

Mopped_you
09-20-2010, 12:44 PM
hey hey hey this is a baseball thread lmao....leave my boys outta this.....there doing just as good as my baseball team....the red sox ....:facepalm:

At least the Red Sox have a legit excuse. ;)

GeronimoSon
09-20-2010, 01:01 PM
At least the Red Sox have a legit excuseIf you mean the red sox were unable to overcome their defficiencies in the form of quality MLB ready players both at the MLB level and in their farm system.. then yes.. that would qualify..

If you mean something else.. such as injuries.. well.. then it's not a legit excuse.. sorry..

Mopped_you
09-20-2010, 01:07 PM
If you mean the red sox were unable to overcome their defficiencies in the form of quality MLB ready players both at the MLB level and in their farm system.. then yes.. that would qualify..

If you mean something else.. such as injuries.. well.. then it's not a legit excuse.. sorry..

You can't just expect players out of the Minors to step up and take the places of the likes of Youkilis, Pedroia, and Ellsbury. Sorry buddy, no team in baseball would overcome losing those 3 for the year, no matter how good their farm system is.

Also, they're still having a solid year for a team depleted with injuries all year long. If you put them in the NL West or NL Central they would be just 1 GB. And if they were in the AL West they would be tied for first. Injuries all over + the toughest division in baseball would not farewell for any team in baseball. None.

StealingSigns
09-20-2010, 01:10 PM
At some point injuries DO play a factor. I am no Red Sox fan trust me, but they have been decimated this year.

As far as the NL West goes, I hope SD rights the ship. Colorado is a great story, Tulo is having a monster September, and SF will be a worthy playoff opponent for any team in the NL.

Rivera
09-20-2010, 01:30 PM
At some point injuries DO play a factor. I am no Red Sox fan trust me, but they have been decimated this year.

As far as the NL West goes, I hope SD rights the ship. Colorado is a great story, Tulo is having a monster September, and SF will be a worthy playoff opponent for any team in the NL.

u dont have to tell me this i live in mass and watch all the red sox games i can and trust I know....but still no excuse....we are not happy not bein in the race it isnt an excuse....our offense was fine....our pitching let us down

but this is what i mean when i made this thread....i dont see to many people excited abt baseball or the fact the playoffs are almost here....is it because theres only 1 exciting race and its out west.....east coast bias???

just looking for input/reasoning

ChetSteadman
09-20-2010, 02:29 PM
For once, I don't have to turn to the Niners to ease the pain of baseball season. I'll be watching MNF, but definitely checking on the Giants throughout the night

IkeDavis29
09-20-2010, 02:30 PM
the only thing exciting about baseball this year is that my fantasy team is in the finals of my league :) cuz my mets suck

ritz
09-20-2010, 03:12 PM
I didn't even know baseball was played in September.

sfg554828
09-20-2010, 06:36 PM
For once, I don't have to turn to the Niners to ease the pain of baseball season. I'll be watching MNF, but definitely checking on the Giants throughout the night

Um, dude, the Giants are off tonight.

MooseWithFleas
09-20-2010, 06:50 PM
My Pulse is bleeding Red.
Hell, my Niners are playing MNF 2nite, but I'll be watching the Philly/ATL series instead.

:love:

Should be a really exciting 2 weeks, followed a month of playoff baseball!!!!

t327
09-20-2010, 07:05 PM
3 teams in the NL West headlining September...and the Dodgers aren't one of them. Makes me sad and angry. However, there is more trouble in Dodgertown than this losing season. The state of the FO worries me for years, which is much more troubling than a down year from Matt Kemp or Jonathon Broxton.

However, the 3 team race is still very exciting and it's nice to know the Dodgers are at least a part of it and can play spoiler. 6 more games against SD and COL, while the other 6 games are a wash against AZ.

I'll still watch playoff baseball because it's always exciting...I just won't really care who wins. If I were to cheer for a team it would probably be the Phillies. Would be nice to see them lay the smack down on any NL West team should they play one. Feel our pain, b*tches!

Montana_Rob
09-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Im very excited this year because my Giants are in it but I always pay attention to baseball all the way no matter if the Giants are last or first. Just makes it more fun to watch your team in the race.

Kakaroach
09-20-2010, 07:22 PM
A little worried right now because the Reds have taken a dip here the past week or so and now we're only 6 games ahead of the Cards. We should still easily win the division but we have lost some of our momentum, hopefully we can get it back in these last dozen days of baseball.

Rivera
09-20-2010, 07:34 PM
At least the Red Sox have a legit excuse. ;)

they have no excuse in my book look up their record against the oriels indians and mariners its under .500

lackey n beckett n the bullpen have been huge let downs so i dont want 2 hear abt injuries

even with all the injuries the red sox are in the top 3 in offense

Crucis
09-20-2010, 10:35 PM
they have no excuse in my book look up their record against the oriels indians and mariners its under .500

lackey n beckett n the bullpen have been huge let downs so i dont want 2 hear abt injuries

even with all the injuries the red sox are in the top 3 in offense

And what's your excuse for your offensively pathetic spelling? Oh, wait. There is no excuse. :p

"oriels"? WTF?

skymin5
09-20-2010, 10:41 PM
My Twins are in it pretty much, but I'm pullin for Tulo and the Rockies to pull it off in the West, I've been paying attention to Rockies, Giants, and Padres game and watching parts of whatever I can. Finally there won't be a game 163 in the AL Central so I can relax a little more and enjoy a race from an outside perspective. Maybe a game 163... what if there is a 3 way tie?

Crucis
09-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Skymin, if there's a 3 way tie, it gets really messy, IIRC.

I think that what happens is that there's a bunch of coin flips for starters (which may have already occurred, for all I know), which are used to determine who plays who where.

IIRC, the basic format is that 2 of the teams play each other (with the 3rd team getting a "bye"), and then the winner of that game plays the 3rd team, with the winner taking the division. I don't think that it's ever happened before, though one or two times in the past decade there have been divisional races that were close enough down the stretch that the issue got discussed ... which is why I think that I remember the procedure.

And BTW, ya know what would make it really ugly, and technically possible at this point, though unlikely....

What if the Braves lost enough games that their record was worse than the 3 teams that ended up tied for the NL West? That would mean that those 3 teams that were tied would be fighting it out for 2 spots. And honestly, I do NOT know what happens then. I do know that if 2 teams end up tied for a division and the wild card, the team with the best head to head record is awarded the division, while the other team is the wild card. But I don't know what happens in a 3 way tied for a division and a WC.

And I suppose that it could even get more messy if a team like the Braves from outside of the division were tied with the 3 teams atop the NLW. Then you'd have a 3 way tie for the NLW and a 4 way tie for the WC. What a mess that would be!!!

My guess is that what would happen is that the NLW teams would play that little 2 game set I described earlier, and then the loser of the 2nd game would end up playing the Braves to see who won the WC slot. *shudder* Imagine playing 162 games and then having to play 3 single-elimination games on 3 consecutive days. What an amusing mess that would be... though I'd bet that the TV networks would LOVE it! What a story line that would be!

Jeffy25
09-20-2010, 11:51 PM
I'm still watching games, not watching the Cards as much, though.

mlb.tv package enables that haha