PDA

View Full Version : #3 Player In the NBA? (Volume 3 Edition)

Pages : [1] 2

Mile High Champ
09-20-2010, 10:04 AM
Well the top 10 at each position is now complete, time to end it with the final poll's. For the second year in a row, we will vote to see who are the 10 best players in the NBA are. The format is the exact same so please make your vote for who you feel are the best player in the league. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round...Enjoy.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE

NBA Player Rankings:

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Lebron James
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

2009 Off-Season Best Player Rankings

1) Kobe Bryant
2) Lebron James
3) Dwayne Wade
4) Chris Paul
5) Dwight Howard
6) Tim Duncan
7) Dirk Nowitzki
8) Carmelo Anthony
9) Kevin Garnett
10) Brandon Roy

sixers247
09-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Wade barely over Durant

TheTakeOver24
09-20-2010, 10:08 AM
Wade..... wayyyy over Durant.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Wade edges out Paul and Durant for me

jackdawson
09-20-2010, 10:19 AM
Hawkeye, why isn't Melo on this list??? I mean Gasol/Dirk are here and not Melo? C'mon now!

mikantsass
09-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Wade for me

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Hawkeye, why isn't Melo on this list??? I mean Gasol/Dirk are here and not Melo? C'mon now!

well, I can add him, but he doesn't belong.

Mile High Champ
09-20-2010, 10:33 AM

Melo did not even fiinish top two at his position. How was he going overtake Durant, a guy who owned him in the SF Poll. Plus honestly Carmelo over Dirk? :facepalm:

Da Knicks
09-20-2010, 10:34 AM
After having Kobe in as number one i really didnt feel like voting anymore because of the such b.s... Oh well i guess the sheep all came out and voted, im going with the best laker here at number 3 Pau. Best big man in the league and the reason why the lakers are the best team...

Raidaz4Life
09-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Wade for the sole reason he is a much better defender at this point than Durant.

WhyDuquette
09-20-2010, 10:36 AM
After having Kobe in as number one i really didnt feel like voting anymore because of the such b.s... Oh well i guess the sheep all came out and voted, im going with the best laker here at number 3 Pau. Best big man in the league and the reason why the lakers are the best team...

:facepalm:

Im a celtics fan, and dislike kobe.... but really?

thescore53
09-20-2010, 10:37 AM
cmon guys dont vote out of spite

thescore53
09-20-2010, 10:40 AM
awmathewsjr, black1605, BOSTON617, CB4AB7VC15, dickydick8, gsgs49, Hustlenomics, JOhnnyTHaJet, Mr Moody, WhyDuquette, xbrackattackx

:pity:

Fmaranesi, goeatfish63, Hawkeye15, jackdawson, mikantsass, Mile High Champ, Raidaz4Life, rickshaw, sixers247, stawka, thescore53, TheTakeOver24

:clap:

Raidaz4Life
09-20-2010, 10:44 AM

Way to claim Kobe number 1 player in the NBA is BS (a belief probably shared by the majority of actual players and coaches) yet then proceed to make the BS claim that Pau is the best laker.

Has anyone else noticed that Pau Gasol was not even considered a top 10 player in the league before joining the Lakers yet now all the Kobe haters are going off on how he is the best Laker and a top 3 player in the league? Anyone ever think that Kobe just makes his teammates look that good?

Da Knicks
09-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Way to claim Kobe number 1 player in the NBA is BS (a belief probably shared by the majority of actual players and coaches) yet then proceed to make the BS claim that Pau is the best laker.

Has anyone else noticed that Pau Gasol was not even considered a top 10 player in the league before joining the Lakers yet now all the Kobe haters are going off on how he is the best Laker and a top 3 player in the league? Anyone ever think that Kobe just makes his teammates look that good?

Have you noticed that most players get better with age? How about they play better when they have a better coach? Gasol was the best laker in the playoffs last year which was the arguement people made for koge being the best. Gasol is by far the best big man in the league and im sorry but ill go with a big man any day not named lebron as the best player in the league. The whole laker team is full of all-stars which makes it tough to decide who is the best but,a big man is usually better to have to alter shots, block, intimidate. Having an offensive game is all the better and Gasol was not a laker before so automatically he was out of conversations as the best for not having all-star teamates around and being on t.v. 24-7...:D

Raidaz4Life
09-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Have you noticed that most players get better with age? How about they play better when they have a better coach? Gasol was the best laker in the playoffs last year which was the arguement people made for koge being the best. Gasol is by far the best big man in the league and im sorry but ill go with a big man any day not named lebron as the best player in the league. The whole laker team is full of all-stars which makes it tough to decide who is the best but,a big man is usually better to have to alter shots, block, intimidate. Having an offensive game is all the better and Gasol was not a laker before so automatically he was out of conversations as the best for not having all-star teamates around and being on t.v. 24-7...:D

That is completely debatable. Kobe had a very good playoffs and so did Pau. It's not like Pau was head and shoulders above Kobe.

Not to mention Big men usually don't get better heading into their 30's.... I have no idea where you got that idea.

Ebbs
09-20-2010, 11:11 AM
This sucks NBA forum is weak. The fact that Durnat is being crowned #3 already makes me want to cry.

Brooklyn Mets
09-20-2010, 11:20 AM
Durant
versatile, plays good defense, and can score at will

The Prodigy
09-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Durant
versatile, plays good defense, and can score at will

Wade
MORE versatile, Plays BETTER defense, and can score at will JUST AS EASY.

Ace33Bone
09-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Durant is clearly over D wade it is not even close anymore

AIsixersFK
09-20-2010, 11:39 AM
Durant with Wade at a close second. Durant is the heir to Jordan's throne

Klivlend
09-20-2010, 11:44 AM

I feel ya homie

thescore53
09-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Wade
MORE versatile, Plays BETTER defense, and can score at will JUST AS EASY.

durant can play sg,sf,pf, and if the face the warriors center :D wade sg/pg/

DoubleDragon
09-20-2010, 11:59 AM
I feel ya homie

Laker fan here. Gasol over Durant? That's a nice thought but...no.
KD's got the versatility, scoring, and upside on top of the all-around skills and leadership growth to put him 3rd, BUT, between him and D Wade, it was VERY close. Think about it, if they were on a playground and you were picking teams. A true conundrum to say the least. I'd be fine with 3&4 switching positions in this case.
For those who vote out of spite, why vote? It's supposed to be just a little fun here, and the psd poll's not a presidential election fer chrissakes:facepalm: I'm all for debate, but the whole "I'm voting **** because my guy wasn't first, wah wah sniffle" is ridiculous.

jackdawson
09-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Melo did not even fiinish top two at his position. How was he going overtake Durant, a guy who owned him in the SF Poll. Plus honestly Carmelo over Dirk? :facepalm:

Never said he would take over Durant. But Melo is a top 10 player and that's why he deserves to be in that list. We are on PSD and according to PSD Melo is a top 5-7 player in the league (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531394), not sure PSD will agree/vote for Dirk to be a top 5-7 player in the league. Now please, explain how exactly I deserved a facepalm, please. I am waiting. Or else you would :facepalm::facepalm: yourself.

jackdawson
09-20-2010, 12:06 PM

Please, explain. Never say "It is not even close anymore" without any support because it makes you look dumb.

justinnum1
09-20-2010, 12:09 PM

Great Post.

:facepalm:

Gators123
09-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Wade

The Prodigy
09-20-2010, 12:22 PM
durant can play sg,sf,pf, and if the face the warriors center :D wade sg/pg/

Durant can play more positions than Wade but so can many other players such as Anthony Randolf, doesn't mean he is more versatile than Wade. Wade is a better passer and play maker. Wade drives to the basket better and is also a better help defender and on ball defender than Durant. He is a better leader as well. All Durant does is shoot the ball well. When your turnovers is greater than your assist your not helping your teammates much. Wade has been great for 6 going on 7 years. Durant has been good for 1 year.

DaBUU
09-20-2010, 12:25 PM
KD over Wade by a mile.

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Gonna agree with Steve Kerr and Kenny Smith and gonna go with the Durantula

Klivlend
09-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Laker fan here. Gasol over Durant? That's a nice thought but...no.
KD's got the versatility, scoring, and upside on top of the all-around skills and leadership growth to put him 3rd, BUT, between him and D Wade, it was VERY close. Think about it, if they were on a playground and you were picking teams. A true conundrum to say the least. I'd be fine with 3&4 switching positions in this case.
For those who vote out of spite, why vote? It's supposed to be just a little fun here, and the psd poll's not a presidential election fer chrissakes:facepalm: I'm all for debate, but the whole "I'm voting **** because my guy wasn't first, wah wah sniffle" is ridiculous.

Guy, calm down. I bolded the part of the response I agreed with. Which is the part where is said it's b/s that Kobe got voted number one and it was upsetting. That's all. I am not going to vote for Gasol over Durant. Gasol is a very talented player. I think he is the best offensive rebounder in the league. You should read more carefully.

pebloemer
Wade, Durant, Paul and Dwight warrant consideration from me here.

Dwight: The difference between Howard and the average C in this league is significant. He does everything you want your Center to do and has only a handful of opposing Centers that can guard him affectively. There is a superiority he plays with at his position. However, until he can hit a free throw, or develop a more dominant post game, I can't factor him in this high. There is an offensive weakness to his game which holds him back from the discussion.

Paul: I would seriously consider Paul this high based on past success he has had. Last season was set back from injury. Also, the emergence of many young talented PG's, the stability and consistency of many veteran PG's and the due recognition that D.Williams began getting last year, made people forget how good this kid really is. And his shooting seems to be getting better. I expect a huge year from Paul. But after a frustrating season like the one that just passed by, I'm going to refrain from voting for him this high.

Durant: He is all the hype after dominating the FIBA world championships. He has separated himself most other all-stars and is now in conversation with some of the best players in the game. His ceiling could see him become better than 1-2 on this list. But his game isn't complete enough, nor his resume impressive enough to warrant a Top 3 place in this poll IMO. Maybe next year.

Wade: He is smart, strong, focused and skilled. He has already willed his team to a championship on the highest level in the sport. There is no weaknesses in his game. He is a difference maker on both ends of the court. Each of the players discussed above has a "but" in my assessment of them. Wade is a a complete player, a dominant player and has a resume behind his name to warrant this spot.

The Prodigy
KD over Wade by a mile.

Would you mind to explain how?

Rivera
09-20-2010, 12:32 PM
ima go with durant with a slight edge over D Wade....the #'s are close....and even though the steal and block %ages favor wade...the defensive rating is only has a difference of 1 in favor of D Wade

Durant .607...wade .562 TS%

Durant .514.....wade .500 eFG%

Durant 26.2.....wade28.0 PER

Durant 11.0......wade 7.8 TRB%

Durant 13.5%......wade 36.4 ast%

durant offensive rating 118.......wade 113 offensive rating

durant defensive rating 104........wade 103 defensive rating

durant 16.1............wade 13.0 WIN SHARES

durant slight edge

JordansBulls
09-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Please explain how Durant was better? Durant wasn't even the best on his team in the playoffs last year.

footballer2369
09-20-2010, 12:37 PM
The indoctrination was successfull!!

TheTakeOver24
09-20-2010, 12:38 PM
Wow... how is Durant winning?
Wade is a better passer, a proven winner, a MUCH better defender (consistently a steals leader in the NBA and the best shot blocking guard in the NBA)... Probably the 2nd most clutch player in the NBA behind Kobe. He is arguably the most clutch defender in the NBA... if you've watched him play he's won more than a few games with a block or a steal.
Durant is a great scorer but he can't do much else...

Wade IS A BETTER SCORER than Kevin Durant... Why?
The offense OKC runs is a fast pace offense... allowing Kevin Durant to score 30 a night.
According to ESPN, Miami ran the 3rd slowest offense in the NBA last year... thats why you saw Wade's PPG go down.
If you've actually watched the two play, you know its no contest here... Wade hands down is the better player.

footballer2369
09-20-2010, 12:39 PM
This forum has become pathetic with haters and sheep running rampant.

Please people look at the playoff numbers...this is no contest....

30+ points on 60% shooting vs. the Celtics...

beasted86
09-20-2010, 12:39 PM
I voted Wade, but I expect Durant to win. PSD polls are a popularity contest.

The Prodigy
09-20-2010, 12:43 PM
It's actually hilarious what the media can do for a player.

heatbb
09-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Wade, I'm not being a homer. Durant is a terrific scorer and I really like him but his defense is nowhere near Wade's. And to be a complete player, you need to be dominant at both ends.

TheTakeOver24
09-20-2010, 12:52 PM
jr950, jr951, jr952 <---- All voted for KD
are you guys really that desperate that your gonna make fake duplicate accounts???
This is sad...

Rivera
09-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Wade, I'm not being a homer. Durant is a terrific scorer and I really like him but his defense is nowhere near Wade's. And to be a complete player, you need to be dominant at both ends.

durant defensive rating 104

wade defensive rating 103

durants defense is no where near wades???? wade IS the better defender BUT......that looks pretty close to me!!!!

and if u watched FIBA durant won a game for his DEFENSE vs Spain....blocked 2 shots in the final seconds!!! maybe we under rate durants defense?

Venomous88
09-20-2010, 12:57 PM
I didn't know this forum watched so much ESPN

Rivera
09-20-2010, 12:58 PM
are you guys really that desperate that your gonna make fake duplicate accounts???
This is sad...

good find!!!

:facepalm: to that person

being honest im happy they voted for KD but a mod should take alll 3 votes back just because!

and if ur gonna make a dup be more creative lol

justinnum1
09-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Wow... how is Durant winning?
Wade is a better passer, a proven winner, a MUCH better defender (consistently a steals leader in the NBA and the best shot blocking guard in the NBA)... Probably the 2nd most clutch player in the NBA behind Kobe. He is arguably the most clutch defender in the NBA... if you've watched him play he's won more than a few games with a block or a steal.
Durant is a great scorer but he can't do much else...

Wade IS A BETTER SCORER than Kevin Durant... Why?
The offense OKC runs is a fast pace offense... allowing Kevin Durant to score 30 a night.
According to ESPN, Miami ran the 3rd slowest offense in the NBA last year... thats why you saw Wade's PPG go down.
If you've actually watched the two play, you know its no contest here... Wade hands down is the better player.

Majority of PSD are Heat haters

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 01:00 PM

durants defense is no where near wades???? wade IS the better defender BUT......that looks pretty close to me!!!!

and if u watched FIBA durant won a game for his DEFENSE vs Spain....blocked 2 shots in the final seconds!!! maybe we under rate durants defense?

defensive ratings are not that great to go off, they involve team too much

beasted86
09-20-2010, 01:00 PM

You do realize that defensive rating is mostly a useless stat, right?

Michael Beasley was the 21st ranked player in the WHOLE NBA in defensive rating. That alone tells you how much weight that statistic holds. DRtg is only good for measuring team defense.

Don't really care if you think they are equal defenders, just wanted to point that out to you.

justinnum1
09-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Gonna agree with Steve Kerr and Kenny Smith and gonna go with the Durantula

lol From the biggest Heat Hater there is...thanks:rolleyes:

Crackadalic
09-20-2010, 01:02 PM
I think Kevin Durant is a stud very kobe-esque IMO but i had to go with Dwade. Kevin's FIBA play hasn't convince me enough he is 3rd best in the league couple years yea no doubt but not now

justinnum1
09-20-2010, 01:03 PM
This is sad...

WTF:confused: This poll is :bs:

millerandco
09-20-2010, 01:04 PM
durant just over wade

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 01:06 PM
You do realize that defensive rating is mostly a useless stat, right?

Michael Beasley was the 21st ranked player in the WHOLE NBA in defensive rating. That alone tells you how much weight that statistic holds. DRtg is only good for measuring team defense.

Don't really care if you think they are equal defenders, just wanted to point that out to you.

well, Durant is actually better defending off the screen when chasing, and closing, but I would assume his length is the reason for that. Wade is better on the post, in isolations, on help defense, and in basic man to man.
Wade still has KD, but its not by much. Durant could pass him this season

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 01:07 PM

I can't remove the votes, but the appropriate measures have been taken against the dupe creator. Just keep in mind 3 votes came from one user. MHC is aware now

TheTakeOver24
good find!!!

:facepalm: to that person

being honest im happy they voted for KD but a mod should take alll 3 votes back just because!

and if ur gonna make a dup be more creative lol

There's a few reasons why ppl are voting for KD, and none of them have to do with basketball skills
1. They hate the Heat, you yourself have "F the Heat" in your sig so there is obviously gonna be some bias even if you dont admit it.
2. They FIBA tournament is fresh in their mind. KD dominated against slower, smaller players and by basically being the only consistent scoring threat on the USA team. While Wade was out in the first round (the #2 option on the Heat scored 4 ppg so you can't expect him to make it out of the 1st round)
3. ESPN and the media are trying to hype up KD... have you read some of the comments on here? "Im gonna go with "so and so" analysts..." thats their argument... Some have even said KD is the 2nd coming of Jordan :facepalm:

I recommend all of you to actually watch Wade play(at least check out youtube and compare highlights?), what he does on the court is incomparable to KD... stats dont show that, you have to evaluate the player with your own eyes.

beasted86

We have PSD posters voting, did you really think it wasn't?

PSD voted Kobe #1 yet LeBron was MVP for the past 2 years and is considered better by basically every NBA analyst or statistician.

These polls are a popularity contest. Heat could win the championship, LeBron could win his 3rd MVP in a row, and possibly a finals MVP, and the polls would still go in favor of Kobe.

Put it this way, I liken polls on PSD to that of the all-star game. (See: Iverson)

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 01:10 PM
There's a few reasons why ppl are voting for KD, and none of them have to do with basketball skills1. They hate the Heat, you yourself have "F the Heat" in your sig so there is obviously gonna be some bias even if you dont admit it.
2. They FIBA tournament is fresh in their mind. KD dominated against slower, smaller players and by basically being the only consistent scoring threat on the USA team. While Wade was out in the first round (the #2 option on the Heat scored 4 ppg so you can't expect him to make it out of the 1st round)
3. ESPN and the media are trying to hype up KD... have you read some of the comments on here? "Im gonna go with "so and so" analysts..." thats their argument... Some have even said KD is the 2nd coming of Jordan :facepalm:

I recommend all of you to actually watch Wade play(at least check out youtube and compare highlights?), what he does on the court is incomparable to KD... stats dont show that, you have to evaluate the player with your own eyes.

I'm sorry, but I have to address this one statement. Durant is arguably the most skilled scorer in the NBA at this point.
And if highlight videos is how someone evaluates, Gerald Green would be getting votes.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 01:12 PM
We have PSD posters voting, did you really think it wasn't?

PSD voted Kobe #1 yet LeBron was MVP for the past 2 years and is considered better by basically every NBA analyst or statistician.

These polls are a popularity contest. Heat could win the championship, LeBron could win his 3rd MVP in a row, and possibly a finals MVP, and the polls would still go in favor of Kobe.

Put it this way, I liken polls on PSD to that of the all-star game. (See: Iverson)

like it or not, its a fans game. The only thing you can do is share your opinions here, logically, and provide as much evidence as possible, and hopefully the general fans will soak up some of the information available here.

beasted86
09-20-2010, 01:13 PM
well, Durant is actually better defending off the screen when chasing, and closing, but I would assume his length is the reason for that. Wade is better on the post, in isolations, on help defense, and in basic man to man.
Wade still has KD, but its not by much. Durant could pass him this season

Chasing & closing?
Wade is the best recovery shot blocking perimeter player in the NBA. :confused:

I don't think it's all that close, but what do I know? I've debated for 4 pages of someone trying to convince me 66% is better than 100%, and that 100% is better than 100%.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 01:14 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=duranke01&y1=2010&p2=wadedw01&y2=2010

its very close amongst the two. But Wade in the playoffs last year killed it, while Durant struggled (which is to be expected of a playoff virgin). until Durant clearly seperates himself statistically and gets better in the playoffs, Wade is better fellas

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 01:15 PM
Chasing & closing?
Wade is the best recovery shot blocking perimeter player in the NBA. :confused:

I don't think it's all that close, but what do I know? I've debated for 4 pages of someone trying to convince me 66% is better than 100%, and that 100% is better than 100%.

eh, numbers show Durant excels at closing. Tell ya what, i will look at synergy later and repost. I am doing it off memory. That will give us a good answer. Cool?

TheTakeOver24
09-20-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm sorry, but I have to address this one statement. Durant is arguably the most skilled scorer in the NBA at this point.
And if highlight videos is how someone evaluates, Gerald Green would be getting votes.

I disagree, he's the best scorer on one of the faster paced teams in the NBA... and I said watch them play... if not AT LEAST watch highlight vids is what I said... please read what I wrote.
And I'm not talkin about dunk highlight videos... I'm talkin about steals for game winners, game winning block shots at 1 sec left in the game, game winning assists, his consistent blocks on 7 footers, his ability to get to the rim at will, his unmatched ability to split a defense... thats what I'm talkin about, not alley oops and windmills (which he has his fair share as well).

beasted86
09-20-2010, 01:23 PM
I think the biggest difference in their scoring stats is Durant plays more minutes on a faster paced team, and gets assisted on 52% of his field goals while Wade only gets 28%... and aside from scoring, Wade does the other things better like passing & defense.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 01:23 PM
I disagree, he's the best scorer on one of the faster paced teams in the NBA... and I said watch them play... if not AT LEAST watch highlight vids is what I said... please read what I wrote.
And I'm not talkin about dunk highlight videos... I'm talkin about steals for game winners, game winning block shots at 1 sec left in the game, game winning assists, his consistent blocks on 7 footers, his ability to get to the rim at will, his unmatched ability to split a defense... thats what I'm talkin about, not alley oops and windmills (which he has his fair share as well).

I read what you wrote. But don't mention highlight vids haha, they are for fun only. And Durant is a very efficient scorer, mid range shooter, rim attacker. One of the most versatile scorers in the NBA. If not THE most.
Look, I am on Wade's side here, no need to argue. But you claimed Durant isn't as skilled as Wade basically, and that isn't true. He doesn't have Wade's athletic ability and body control, but his basketball skill is as good or better.

Rivera
09-20-2010, 01:24 PM

now your in denial my friend.....yes his team has a fast pace....but do the heat play in a slow pace offense?? the heat tried to fast break every chance they get because if miami got into a half court set they were screwed cause they had no half court offense last year except get the ball to wade

durant doesnt do many flashy dunks like u stated....wade does everything right there? cause everything u say ur not talking about wade does WAYYY better than durant....durant can get to the rim at will....split a D....durant blocked 2 game winning shots with about 3 sec left vs spain

so im not sure what u are trying to say with the bold cause it seems u are talkin abt durant rather than wade

durant can score at will and do anything on the floor....I LOVE WADE AND HIS GAME...but durant comes off screens better....post up better...shoots the mid range the 3 and the freethrow better than wade and durant is a better defender than u think....I WILL AGREE WADE IS THE BETTER DEFENDER....but if ur sayin he is far and away the better defender THATS where i will dis agree

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 01:26 PM
OKC gets about 4 more possessions a game than Miami. That equates to around 360 extra possessions a year OKC has. This isn't a lot

Rivera
09-20-2010, 01:26 PM
I think the biggest difference in their scoring stats is Durant plays more minutes on a faster paced team, and gets assisted on 52% of his field goals while Wade only gets 28%... and aside from scoring, Wade does the other things better like passing & defense.

i dont understand the "faster paced" arguement when it comes to wade vs durant

miami wanted to play fast they got up and down the floor as much as they could...they tried to create steals and fast breaks...its just they had a BAD team there defense was OK but not good enough 2 go up and down the floor

if u watched miami play when they got into their half court offense they were in trouble they had no half court offense besides get the ball to wade....but to say miami wasnt fast paced...or at least tried to is a joke

Rivera
09-20-2010, 01:27 PM
OKC gets about 4 more possessions a game than Miami. That equates to around 360 extra possessions a year OKC has. This isn't a lot

preach mentor preachhhhh

and the thing is u voted for wade and miami fans are STILL arguing with u hahaha ;)

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 01:28 PM

miami wanted to play fast they got up and down the floor as much as they could...they tried to create steals and fast breaks...its just they had a BAD team there defense was OK but not good enough 2 go up and down the floor

if u watched miami play when they got into their half court offense they were in trouble they had no half court offense besides get the ball to wade....but to say miami wasnt fast paced...or at least tried to is a joke

pace and mpg do indeed come into effect. But only 4 possessions a game seperate the two teams, and Durant and Wade both play big minutes. This isn't exactly Ellis vs Roy here.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 01:29 PM
preach mentor preachhhhh

and the thing is u voted for wade and miami fans are STILL arguing with u hahaha ;)

well, its stupid that one side or the other would say, "and its not even close" or something to that degree. Its pretty close at this point, but I take Wade right now. Ask me in a year, and I may or may not have a different answer.

TheTakeOver24
09-20-2010, 01:29 PM
I read what you wrote. But don't mention highlight vids haha, they are for fun only. And Durant is a very efficient scorer, mid range shooter, rim attacker. One of the most versatile scorers in the NBA. If not THE most.
Look, I am on Wade's side here, no need to argue. But you claimed Durant isn't as skilled as Wade basically, and that isn't true. He doesn't have Wade's athletic ability and body control, but his basketball skill is as good or better.

Yea I'm not arguing with you... I actually quoted the guy I was responding to but you replied to me...
I'm not trying to put down Kevin Durant at all, I just think that people shouldn't get caught up in the hype and hate. Kevin Durant has the potential to be the best player in the NBA, but thats not what this poll is about. Right now Wade has proven he's the better player.

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 01:31 PM
lol From the biggest Heat Hater there is...thanks:rolleyes:

You know nothing. Go ask the old timer Heat fans how much I rooted for them last year and was always in there forum posting. Being honest, now I dislike the Heat, but I am still friends with a couple of Heat fans. Just because I am agree with two people who know more basketball than any poster on this forum does not make me a hater.

beasted86
09-20-2010, 01:31 PM
now your in denial my friend.....yes his team has a fast pace....but do the heat play in a slow pace offense?? the heat tried to fast break every chance they get because if miami got into a half court set they were screwed cause they had no half court offense last year except get the ball to wade

What Heat team are you talking about? Because I sure have no clue what you are talking about.

Rivera
09-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Yea I'm not arguing with you... I actually quoted the guy I was responding to but you replied to me...
I'm not trying to put down Kevin Durant at all, I just think that people shouldn't get caught up in the hype and hate. Kevin Durant has the potential to be the best player in the NBA, but thats not what this poll is about. Right now Wade has proven he's the better player.

RIGHT NOW Durant has proved to be the scoring champ of the NBA....

RIGHT NOW Durant has proved that he has become a better leader (FIBA)

RIGHT NOW Durant has proved how much his Defense has improved (FIBA)

RIGHT NOW Durant has proved how much better he takes the ball to the basket (FIBA n NBA)

Durant can and will be the first to score 35 ppg since MJ

Rivera
09-20-2010, 01:34 PM
pace and mpg do indeed come into effect. But only 4 possessions a game seperate the two teams, and Durant and
Wade both play big minutes. This isn't exactly Ellis vs Roy here.

What Heat team are you talking about? Because I sure have no clue what you are talking about.

see the #'s......the heat had NO half court team the heats half court team consisted of get the ball to wade and get outta the way....they tried (key word tried) to create offense from their steals and rebounds but they just werent that good

beasted86
09-20-2010, 01:35 PM

Again, I have no clue what Heat team you are describing.

Miami never tried to fast break. You can't run a transition offense without guys who can handle the ball and finish around the rim. O'Neal is a jumpshooter, Haslem is a jumpshooter, Richardson is a jumpshooter, Chalmers is a jumpshooter. Nobody on the entire team could finish except Wade, Beasley, and sometimes Dorrell (but he blew a lot of open dunks and layups). Arroyo and Chalmers were possibly the worst two starting ball handlers in the NBA.

Our half court offense accounted for a ton of points because guys like Beasley and O'Neal want the ball in half court to be effective. They wanted isolation plays called for themselves.

saintdrew
09-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Sad and disappointing Chris Paul has only 2 votes.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 01:38 PM

pretty much nailed it

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Sad and disappointing Chris Paul has only 2 votes.

if he has a healthy season next year, he will be getting my vote around #3, as long as the polls go in the correct order.
Its sad that because of his roster, we are all missing the best PG of our generation play

Sadds The Gr8
09-20-2010, 01:42 PM

RIGHT NOW Durant has proved how much better he takes the ball to the basket (FIBA n NBA)

u mean kobe?

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 01:44 PM
u mean kobe?

he meant 36ppg! haha
But yeah, Kobe in 05-06' was ridic

Heater4life
09-20-2010, 01:45 PM

You clearly never saw a Heat game last season. The Heat ran everything through half-court sets. Given that Wade was the only scoring option we had I agree with the bolded. But dont even attempt that the Heat played at a fast pace.

Rivera
09-20-2010, 01:46 PM
he meant 36ppg! haha
But yeah, Kobe in 05-06' was ridic

yea thats what i meant lmao

damn kobe :mad: he always gotta do everything :mad:

Klivlend
09-20-2010, 01:47 PM
This is sad...

ha, wow. That is rather pathetic.

Rivera
09-20-2010, 01:48 PM
You clearly never saw a Heat game last season. The Heat ran everything through half-court sets. Given that Wade was the only scoring option we had I agree with the bolded. But dont even attempt that the Heat played at a fast pace.

u right i never saw a heat game during the regular season

only vs boston in the playoffs and i was there IN BOSTON in game 1 and 2 and this is the impression I got.....their half court offense last year was ATROCIOUS im sorry vs boston they had more 24 second violations then i have ever seened...

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 01:49 PM
Miami was 28th in pace, and 19th in efficiency. They didn't have the personel to run, and Wade's individual efficiency drug their team efficiency out of the gutter.

Heater4life
09-20-2010, 01:50 PM
see the #'s......the heat had NO half court team the heats half court team consisted of get the ball to wade and get outta the way....they tried (key word tried) to create offense from their steals and rebounds but they just werent that good

Dude how can you argue with 2 Heat fans that have seen nearly every minute played by the team in the past 5 years. I dont need to b.s to make a point, the fact is that we ran half-court offense, no matter how ineffective (wade and get out of the way). There was no fast break offense. As said above, we didnt have the pieces for it. Dont make assumptions trying to argue a mute point.

Rivera
09-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Miami was 28th in pace, and 19th in efficiency. They didn't have the personel to run, and Wade's individual efficiency drug their team efficiency out of the gutter.

just asking a question before i get jumped by everybody in this forum

are u saying that wade hurt the miami heat??

Heater4life
09-20-2010, 01:52 PM

only vs boston in the playoffs and i was there IN BOSTON in game 1 and 2 and this is the impression I got.....their half court offense last year was ATROCIOUS im sorry vs boston they had more 24 second violations then i have ever seened...

it was atrocious. i agree. but unfortunatly thats the ball we played down here for the season.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Wade, and it's not even close

Heater4life
09-20-2010, 01:54 PM

no, that his effciency drug us out of the lottery. lol

Heater4life
09-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Wade, and it's not even close

:clap:

Rivera
09-20-2010, 01:55 PM
no, that his effciency drug us out of the lottery. lol

ok....i had to preface that question cause if i didnt than i prolly woulda got banned by PSD

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 01:55 PM

hell no. Without Wade, that team is dead last in pace, and dead last in efficiency

todu82
09-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Dwayne Wade

Baller1
09-20-2010, 02:05 PM
It's Wade. I don't know why Durant is getting so many votes. Wade is better, probably not after this year though.

Wade
Durant
Dwight
Deron
Paul

dhopisthename
09-20-2010, 02:06 PM
wow wade just jumped up 15 votes

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 02:07 PM
It's Wade. I don't know why Durant is getting so many votes. Wade is better, probably not after this year though.

Wade
Durant
Dwight
Deron
Paul

Paul is over Deron at the very least. And if he comes back healthy, he is ahead of Dwight as well

Patman
Took Wade, he's a proven player and at this point probably better then Durant, but this can change this season because Durant has the potential to surpass him. Wade is surely a better Playmaker than Durant and will probably ever be.

Paul is out of discussion until i see how he comes back, i probably take Deron over him but a healthy CP3 is just brutal.

Antipod
Durant and Wade are very close; + we have CP3...maybe Melo
Anyway, the top 5 will be STRONG

WadeKobe
09-20-2010, 02:09 PM

This really highlights what's wrong with NBA fandom today and it's a shame because you're often a good poster, riveramk2.

Yes, right now Durant has proven to be the scoring champ, but what does that show in the long run? That he can score?

The fact is that Wade has proven he can score just as much as Durant. He averaged more points per game in 2008-9 than Durant did in 2009-10. So, really, role here says more than anything else.

But is "scoring" that big of a deal? I mean, I know it's Durant's role, so I'm not trying to knock that, but Wade contributed more points per game between passing and scoring than Durant did. That's a big reason why his PER was better.

In 2008-2009 not only did Wade outscore Durant's 2009-10 totals, but he averaged 7.5 assits a game on top of that. Not to mention Wade is capable of doing it while creating his own shots. Another reason why his PER is better.

As to "RIGHT NOW ... [proven the better leader] this is simply bunk. Plain and simple. It's made up out of whole cloth. It's a pure fabrication. He played on a team that lacked a leader and proved that he has leadership skills by leading a team of young players who needed a leader. Congrats, he'll need that in the future if he wants to be a great player. But does that automatically make him now a BETTER leader than Wade? A guy who led a team of scrubs to a 5th seed playoff spot? A guy who single-handedly kept his team from being swept by Boston in the playoffs? A guy who has arguably the greatest NBA Finals performance of all time? Wade's leadership skills didn't diminish from 2005-6. They've probably gotten better. After all, he was a big part of leading Bosh and James to Miami.

So, again, how on earth could anyone say that Durant is the better leader? It's wishful thinking which has no basis in reality and, like I said, you're usually much better than that riveramk2.

As to your remark about his defense improving against FIBA opponents, it really needs to be seen in the NBA. He was playing against 2nd and 3rd tier opponents throughout the world. He was not playing against the best. Not only that, but the best from the other countries aren't as good as the best from the NBA. So the FIBA championships didn't really prove anything about defense other than that a top-tier player in the NBA can play good defense against 2nd and 3rd tier international guys.

Lastly, proven he can take the ball to the rim better? This is also not true and runs directly in the face of the evidence.

Last year:

DrwFoul

Wade 17.4% > Durant 16.25

Close Shots

Wade

28% of attempts, .607 eFG%, Assisted on 25%, blocked 11%

Durant

16% of attempts, .576 eFG%, Assisted on 38%, blocked 17%

Wade gets to the basket more, is fouled more, shoots a higher percentage when getting there, gets there by himself more than Durant who is assisted often, and he also finishes better than Durant.

So, no. None of what you said is true except the "Scoring Champion" part and I think I've already shown that this doesn't really mean much.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-20-2010, 02:13 PM
kobe
lebron
wade
durant
cp3
dwight
Deron
Gasol
Dirk
Duncan

No melo for me in TOP 10

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 02:15 PM
This really highlights what's wrong with NBA fandom today and it's a shame because you're often a good poster, riveramk2.

Yes, right now Durant has proven to be the scoring champ, but what does that show in the long run? That he can score?

The fact is that Wade has proven he can score just as much as Durant. He averaged more points per game in 2008-9 than Durant did in 2009-10. So, really, role here says more than anything else.

But is "scoring" that big of a deal? I mean, I know it's Durant's role, so I'm not trying to knock that, but Wade contributed more points per game between passing and scoring than Durant did. That's a big reason why his PER was better.

In 2008-2009 not only did Wade outscore Durant's 2009-10 totals, but he averaged 7.5 assits a game on top of that. Not to mention Wade is capable of doing it while creating his own shots. Another reason why his PER is better.

As to "RIGHT NOW ... [proven the better leader] this is simply bunk. Plain and simple. It's made up out of whole cloth. It's a pure fabrication. He played on a team that lacked a leader and proved that he has leadership skills by leading a team of young players who needed a leader. Congrats, he'll need that in the future if he wants to be a great player. But does that automatically make him now a BETTER leader than Wade? A guy who led a team of scrubs to a 5th seed playoff spot? A guy who single-handedly kept his team from being swept by Boston in the playoffs? A guy who has arguably the greatest NBA Finals performance of all time? Wade's leadership skills didn't diminish from 2005-6. They've probably gotten better. After all, he was a big part of leading Bosh and James to Miami.

So, again, how on earth could anyone say that Durant is the better leader? It's wishful thinking which has no basis in reality and, like I said, you're usually much better than that riveramk2.

As to your remark about his defense improving against FIBA opponents, it really needs to be seen in the NBA. He was playing against 2nd and 3rd tier opponents throughout the world. He was not playing against the best. Not only that, but the best from the other countries aren't as good as the best from the NBA. So the FIBA championships didn't really prove anything about defense other than that a top-tier player in the NBA can play good defense against 2nd and 3rd tier international guys.

Lastly, proven he can take the ball to the rim better? This is also not true and runs directly in the face of the evidence.

Last year:

DrwFoul

Close Shots

Wade

Durant

Wade gets to the basket more, is fouled more, shoots a higher percentage when getting there, gets there by himself more than Durant who is assisted often, and he also finishes better than Durant.

So, no. None of what you said is true except the "Scoring Champion" part and I think I've already shown that this doesn't really mean much.

Durant is taller :)

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 02:16 PM

And sexier :drool:

jackdawson
09-20-2010, 02:17 PM
This is sad...

:laugh2::laugh2:

Pretty much says what PSD is all about now a days :bs::bs::bs:. I honestly don't give a **** on these voting...well, since the #1 player...

IkeDavis29
i gotta go with the durantuula

HoopsDrive
Wade

jackdawson
09-20-2010, 02:19 PM

nice to know that you think a guy is sexier than the other :speechless:

thescore53
09-20-2010, 02:20 PM
finally i can say this to heat fans ..... u mad ? :D

but seriously wade shouldn't be losing.

edit: nvm wade is winning i was assuming all the whining was due to durant winning.

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 02:22 PM

Pretty much says what PSD is all about now a days :bs::bs::bs:. I honestly don't give a **** on these voting...well, since the #1 player...

Got this from your off topic forum

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533596

help lebron beat out kobe

:laugh2:

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 02:22 PM
nice to know that you think a guy is sexier than the other :speechless:

:)

Rivera
09-20-2010, 02:27 PM

and he is skinny :love:

thescore53
09-20-2010, 02:28 PM

:pity: and they still lost

jackdawson
09-20-2010, 02:30 PM

Which of the heat fans made dupe to vote for LeBron or Wade?? You are absolutely irrelevant and blind by hate if you really didn't understand the post that I quoted.

beasted86
09-20-2010, 02:33 PM

Which of the heat fans made dupe to vote for LeBron or Wade?? You are absolutely irrelevant and blind by hate if you really didn't understand the post that I quoted.

Aside from that... it wasn't even you. His post was entirely irrelevant.

still1ballin, you should really :facepalm: yourself.

Klivlend
09-20-2010, 02:33 PM
and he is skinny :love:

He looks pretty big to me...

http://durant35.com/kevin-durant.jpg

thescore53
09-20-2010, 02:35 PM

he's just playing around.

jackdawson
09-20-2010, 02:37 PM

I know right...well like I said when hate/jealousy takes over human brain neurons and neuroglia then troubles start.

ChiSox219
09-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Wade for the sole reason he is a much better defender at this point than Durant.

Durant's defense was excellent last year. To say Wade is a much better defender, indicates that one did not watch KD last season.

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 02:38 PM

What is the difference between a poster making 2 other accounts to vote for Durant when a Heat poster is advertising and telling people to vote for their favorite player.

Hmmm 2 votes against 15+

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 02:39 PM
I know right...well like I said when hate/jealousy takes over human brain neurons and neuroglia then troubles start.

wtf?!

thescore53
still!balln is pretty good heat supporter. he lives in miami. but ever since miami reached elite status stuff are about to change.

still1ballin= only laker fan in miami

jackdawson
he's just playing around.

NO, he is not playing around. You don't go to other teams' off-topic threads (usually the most boring) unless something is seriously wrong with your reasoning power.

still1ballin

why

thescore53
09-20-2010, 02:40 PM
heat fans iraum wouldnt be proud :pity:

still1ballin
NO, he is not playing around. You don't go to other teams' off-topic threads (usually the most boring) unless something is seriously wrong with your reasoning power.

lolz

thescore53
lol this is getting down right hysterical

still1ballin
heat fans iraum wouldnt be proud :pity:

if he was here, he would say

"then don't watch"

R.I.P IRAUM #21

jackdawson
09-20-2010, 02:42 PM
why

Because you are blind.

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 02:42 PM
still!balln is pretty good heat supporter. he lives in miami. but ever since miami reached elite status stuff are about to change.

still1ballin= only laker fan in miami

:dance:

Yeah, people don't realize that because there is a lot of new posters that joined in July:rolleyes:

But last year I rooted for them. I was always in their forum posting, but now I cannot stand them.

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Because you are blind.

how

WadeKobe
09-20-2010, 02:45 PM

WHAT!?

NoHomo but it's pretty widely accepted that D-Wade is the sexiest player in the NBA.

CoEd magazine listed him as the #1 best dressed player in the NBA (http://coedmagazine.com/2010/05/08/5-best-dressed-players-in-the-nba/)

This article has him listed as one of the 10 hottest male athletes at #9 (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/features/hottestMen?num=9)

And People Magazine listed him as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People. (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/7657751/)

C'mon now! This is a no-brainer!

Jewelz0376
I voted Wade...It shouldn't be this close, but Im not surprised it is...

When comparing the two the only thing I can give to Durant is that he's a better shooter/scorer... They both rebound about the same for their position.. Wade is much better at setting up his teammates...

On D though its not even close... Wade made 2nd team all D (behind Kobe)...what team was KD???....oh yea he didn't make either

People need to stop being so fascinated by scoring and understand being a great player is more about just scoring pts...

Durant has a good chance of being the best player in the league in a few years, but he still has a long ways to go....

As of right now I wouldn't even put cp3 or d12 ahead of Durant

beasted86
What is the difference between a poster making 2 other accounts to vote for Durant when a Heat poster is advertising and telling people to vote for their favorite player.

Hmmm 2 votes against 15+

why

Hmmm 2 votes against 15+

Am I the only one dumbfounded by this guys posts? He said what that poll voter did was BS, and you responded with an off the wall comment.

"I dislike cold weather"

well look, I found this quote from somebody else that says "I like it when it's cold" :facepalm:

Like seriously him posting that and your response have nothing to do with one another. It's not even like you asked him what he thought about that poster doing that. I really had to do a double take when I read your post because I was seriously confused where you were going with that. :confused:

jackdawson
how

Re-read what beasted said. If you still don't see it, then you need to take a break from this thread.

Rivera

But is "scoring" that big of a deal? I mean, I know it's Durant's role, so I'm not trying to knock that, but Wade contributed more points per game between passing and scoring than Durant did.

In 2008-2009 not only did Wade outscore Durant's 2009-10 totals, but he averaged 7.5 assits a game on top of that.

But does that automatically make him now a BETTER leader than Wade?

Last year:

DrwFoul

Close Shots

Wade

Durant

ur post is to long so i trimmed it up for ya

first off u only took one post where i tried to make a point from another posted

i continually have gushed abt his leadership skillz n how much his defense has improved

in 2008-2009 durant wasnt near the player that he was and durant has a point guard to give him the ball...in miami wade is the point guard shooting guard and small foward so yes his his assist #'s should be high

this was takin outta context....he is a better leader now than ever before...yes wade is the better leader but someone posted how durant ISNT a leader....but in all seriousness how long does it take for the miami bench or the "others" to jump on LBJs dick 2 say hes better than wade and follow LBJ instead of wade? it COULD happen it may not but it could

once again completley outta context never said durant was better than wade at takin the ball to the rim....i said durant proved during fiba with all the physical play that he COULD take the ball to the basket better and it was PROVEN.....

hoped i cleared some of that up for ya :D

still1ballin
WHAT!?

NoHomo but it's pretty widely accepted that D-Wade is the sexiest player in the NBA.

CoEd magazine listed him as the #1 best dressed player in the NBA (http://coedmagazine.com/2010/05/08/5-best-dressed-players-in-the-nba/)

This article has him listed as one of the 10 hottest male athletes at #9 (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/features/hottestMen?num=9)

And People Magazine listed him as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People. (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/7657751/)

why are you checking out guys?:confused:

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Re-read what beasted said. If you still don't see it, then you need to take a break from this thread.

huh

justinnum1
09-20-2010, 02:47 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

still1ballin
Am I the only one dumbfounded by this guys posts? He said what that poll voter did was BS, and you responded with an off the wall comment.

"I dislike cold weather"

well look, I found this quote from somebody else that says "I like it when it's cold" :facepalm:

Like seriously him posting that and your response have nothing to do with one another. It's not even like you asked him what he thought about that poster doing that. I really had to do a double take when I read your post because I was seriously confused where you were going with that. :confused:

lolz

you heat fans take everything so serial

-Kobe24-TJ19-

lmao:laugh:

WadeKobe
09-20-2010, 02:49 PM
why are you checking out guys?:confused:

you're the one who started it! :p

jackdawson
09-20-2010, 02:50 PM
lolz

you heat fans take everything so serial

Thank you! You got it finally. Well, later is better than never ;)

Gators123
lol What has this thread turned into?

still1ballin
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfTgcAYa6cU&feature=related

in regards to your sig

thescore53
09-20-2010, 02:51 PM
WHAT!?

carmello.. he's a hunk :drool:

beasted86
09-20-2010, 02:52 PM
in miami wade is the point guard shooting guard and small foward so yes his his assist #'s should be high

Again I have no clue what you are talking about. What Heat team are you talking about? Wade pretty much only played SG on the Heat unless there was an injury or a lot of foul trouble.

http://www.82games.com/0910/0910MIA2.HTM

Those are the top 20 5 man units for the Heat by minutes, and not one of them has Wade playing PG or SF.

You already admitted you rarely watched the Heat, so don't you think it's better to just keep talking about Durant rather than make up comments about Wade & the Heat?

Hawkeye15
what happened here?

Rivera

where not talkin abt the new big 3 miami heat

where talkin abt last years miami heat

where their half court offense was an absolute joke and if u thought their half court offense was good then u should shoot yourself!!!! :guns::guns::guns::guns::guns:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
Because you are blind.

then don't watch

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 02:53 PM
you're the one who started it! :p

no i didn't

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 02:53 PM
then don't watch

you are deeeee MAN:clap:

Rivera
09-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Again I have no clue what you are talking about. What Heat team are you talking about? Wade pretty much only played SG on the Heat unless there was an injury or a lot of foul trouble.

http://www.82games.com/0910/0910MIA2.HTM

Those are the top 20 5 man units for the Heat by minutes, and not one of them has Wade playing PG.

You already admitted you rarely watched the Heat, so don't you think it's better to just keep talking about Durant rather than make up comments about Wade & the Heat?

what i meant when i said wade played the pg sg and sf.....he brought the ball down on offense....he controlled the whole offense like a PG would

when i meant he played the PG/SG/SF it was a metaphor basically sayin he plays every position on miami cause they had a bad team minus wade last year

thescore53
09-20-2010, 02:55 PM
what happened here?

dont delete please its gonna make the thread look weird.

lets just say there were a few arguments. nothing serious.

jackdawson
09-20-2010, 02:55 PM
no i didn't

And sexier :drool::confused:

Bruno
09-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Wade ahead of Paul/KD/Howard.

I gotta go with KD ahead of Paul for #4 because of Pauls health last season and because of KDs showing at the Worlds.

WadeKobe
09-20-2010, 02:57 PM
no i didn't

:eyebrow: Amnesia much?

beasted86
what i meant when i said wade played the pg sg and sf.....he brought the ball down on offense....he controlled the whole offense like a PG would

when i meant he played the PG/SG/SF it was a metaphor basically sayin he plays every position on miami cause they had a bad team minus wade last year

So you admit he did everything on a bad team that still won 47 games and made the 5th seed, and he absolutely destroyed in the playoffs, and you are trying to make a case for Durant still?

Good luck.

thescore53

in regards to your sig

rofl

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 02:58 PM
:confused:

no no no... I was telling hawkeye he was sexy.

Klivlend
09-20-2010, 02:58 PM

in regards to your sig

This video is seriously ********. How the hell does it have almost 2,000,000 views?

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 03:00 PM

:eyebrow: Amnesia much?

I was telling hawkeye he was sexy. Inside joke between us grown men:p

thescore53
i dont know why people take insults to players on their team so seriously. if you told me bargnani is the ugliest mofo in the league................ well i would have to agree.

still1ballin
This video is seriously ********. How the hell does it have almost 2,000,000 views?

Because Wade is crying.

jackdawson
09-20-2010, 03:01 PM
no no no... I was telling hawkeye he was sexy.

doesn't change that fact that hawkeye is a dude ;)

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 03:02 PM
doesn't change that fact that hawkeye is a dude ;)

he is my brother from another mother

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-20-2010, 03:02 PM
WHAT!?

Wade looks like goldfish

Avenged
09-20-2010, 03:03 PM

Gasol and Dirk are better than Melo.

Rivera
09-20-2010, 03:04 PM
So you admit he did everything on a bad team that still won 47 games and made the 5th seed, and he absolutely destroyed in the playoffs, and you are trying to make a case for Durant still?

Good luck.

and ima stand by it!!! there is nothing durant cannot do on the basketball floor.....he is a better basketball player than wade....durant has NO HOLES in his game at all NONE!!!

durant led an average VERY YOUNG team that wasnt expected to make the playoffs last year (no1 expected the thunder 2 b in the playoffs at the beginin of last season and dont tell me u did) to 50 wins and the playoffs.....50 wins in the toughest conference in basketball last yr?? 50 wins and they still get an 8 seed?? that tells u how good that conference was last year and even laker fans will agree with me....(BESIDES THE FINALS....the thunder put more scare into the lakers than the jazz or the suns did.....y?...the durantula.......he learned alot last yr in the playoffs....his game got better (if u watched the FIBA u could tell)....he is a better basketball player than wade....and he is still getting better

Rivera
09-20-2010, 03:05 PM

another argument for a different time.....this abt wade v durant

Rivera
09-20-2010, 03:06 PM
WHAT!?

talk abt homo thug!!!! and i was a part of this who started "who looks better" with hawkeye and still ballin....but we didnt post pics wtf

thescore53
09-20-2010, 03:07 PM
and ima stand by it!!! there is nothing durant cannot do on the basketball floor.....he is a better basketball player than wade....durant has NO HOLES in his game at all NONE!!!

durant led an average VERY YOUNG team that wasnt expected to make the playoffs last year (no1 expected the thunder 2 b in the playoffs at the beginin of last season and dont tell me u did) to 50 wins and the playoffs.....50 wins in the toughest conference in basketball last yr?? 50 wins and they still get an 8 seed?? that tells u how good that conference was last year and even laker fans will agree with me....(BESIDES THE FINALS....the thunder put more scare into the lakers than the jazz or the suns did.....y?...the durantula.......he learned alot last yr in the playoffs....his game got better (if u watched the FIBA u could tell)....he is a better basketball player than wade....and he is still getting better

if im the lakers i would have been scared more about the suns. they had the swagger. like we're gonna beat you

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-20-2010, 03:08 PM
what happened here?

something went wrong:laugh2:

J_M_B
09-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Dwyane Wade.

Durant is a great, young talent, that will take this league by storm in another year or two, but Wade holds this spot for the time being. He's improved on the defensive end of the floor, but still has a whole lot of growth in this area.

Wade, on the other hand, is one of the better all round defenders in this league. He's a good help defender, knows how to keep his man infront of him, only player in history to record over 100 blocks and 100 steals in the same season(under 6'4), etc. Dominate ball handler and can get his teammates involved. Besides LeBron, no other player attacks the rim like Wade does. He is constantly picking defenses apart. He makes everyone on the floor better and leads by example.

For those of you that like to judge players by championships.. he does have a ring and he arguably had the best finals performace ever, as well as only being a third year player.

Avenged
09-20-2010, 03:09 PM
another argument for a different time.....this abt wade v durant

This is only about Wade vs Durant on PSD.

Brainwashing can do that to a person.

#3 belongs to Wade.

-Kobe24-TJ19-

definetly

jackdawson

So Dirk and Gasol are top 5-7 players in the league? This is a thread of making top 10 player in the league. I thought we are on PSD and a poll on PSD should consider what majority says, right? Not only I personally think that Melo is better than both, but here's the main reason why I was surprised not to see Melo on this poll: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531394

Avenged
09-20-2010, 03:13 PM

Durant didn't put a scare into the Lakers in the playoffs, if I remember correctly it was Westbrook who was absolutely torching our defense in all way imaginable that scared the Lakers, as well as Ibaka's emerging defense.

Not to mention Durant obviously had more to work with, while Wade was the main solo guy in Miami. Also not to mention he absolutely picked apart the Celtics defense whom are arguably the best defensive team in the league.

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 03:13 PM
If I am starting a team right now and I had to choose one player between Dirk, Gasol and Melo, I'd go with Melo.

Rivera
09-20-2010, 03:14 PM
This is only about Wade vs Durant on PSD.

Brainwashing can do that to a person.

#3 belongs to Wade.

well u have met the brain washer....ive been the main 1 patroling this board saying durant, durant, durant

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-20-2010, 03:15 PM
If I am starting a team right now and I had to choose one player between Dirk, Gasol and Melo, I'd go with Melo.

for the future, yes, but right now Dirk, Gasol>>Melo

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 03:16 PM
for the future, yes, but right now Dirk, Gasol>>Melo

I don't know, I think different, but thats just me

J_M_B
09-20-2010, 03:17 PM

Wade lead his young team to the Eastern Conference semi-finals in '04 against a very good Indiana Pacers team.. What's your point?

Oh, Durant has no holes in his game? Kevin's defense isn't anything special. He's a phenomenal offensive player, but that's only one part of the game. Dwyane Wade is an elite player on both ends of the floor.

WadeKobe
09-20-2010, 03:18 PM
talk abt homo thug!!!! and i was a part of this who started "who looks better" with hawkeye and still ballin....but we didnt post pics wtf

They weren't meant to be pics. They were meant to be articles.:cool:

Avenged
09-20-2010, 03:22 PM
So Dirk and Gasol are top 5-7 player in the league? This is a thread of making top 10 player in the league. I thought we are on PSD and a poll on PSD should consider what majority says, right? Not only I personally think that Melo is better than both, but here's the main reason why I was surprised not to see Melo on this poll: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531394

I don't consider what the majority says accurate on PSD because I'm sure you have noticed that some posters on here just vote out of hate or homerism..

I for one had Melo as a top player due to reputation and I can admit that.

But looking more closely individually and giving it more though, Gasol and Dirk are better than Melo.

Rk Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 Carmelo 2009-10 25 69 69 38.2 10.0 21.8 .458 0.9 2.7 .316 7.4 8.9 .830 2.2 4.4 6.6 3.2 1.3 0.4 3.0 3.3 28.2
2 Pau 2009-10 29 65 65 37.0 7.0 13.0 .536 0.0 0.1 .000 4.4 5.6 .790 3.7 7.6 11.3 3.4 0.6 1.7 2.2 2.3 18.3
3 Dirk 2009-10 31 81 80 37.5 8.9 18.5 .481 0.6 1.5 .421 6.6 7.2 .915 1.0 6.7 7.7 2.7 0.9 1.0 1.8 2.6 25.0

Rk Player Season Age G MP PER TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
1 Carmelo 2009-10 25 69 2634 22.2 .548 .478 6.7 13.1 9.9 15.9 1.7 0.9 10.6 33.4 110 109 5.6 2.4 7.9 0.145
2 Pau 2009-10 29 65 2403 22.9 .593 .536 11.4 22.7 17.1 15.0 0.8 3.5 12.5 21.4 120 102 6.8 4.2 11.0 0.220
3 Dirk 2009-10 31 81 3039 22.9 .578 .498 3.1 20.1 11.7 13.0 1.2 2.0 7.8 28.8 116 105 8.4 3.9 12.3 0.19

Take it for what it's worth, but actual evidence say otherwise about Melo. We'll leave this for another thread (around #5-8) when I'm sure he'll be brought up.

Avenged
09-20-2010, 03:26 PM
well u have met the brain washer....ive been the main 1 patroling this board saying durant, durant, durant

You're not the brainwasher, you're the brainwashed.

thescore53
09-20-2010, 03:28 PM
so how much does wade go up before the next one is started. dont want another three day thread.

jackdawson
09-20-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't consider what the majority says accurate on PSD because I'm sure you have noticed that some posters on here just vote out of hate or homerism..

I for one had Melo as a top player due to reputation and I can admit that.

But looking more closely individually and giving it more though, Gasol and Dirk are better than Melo.

Rk Player Season Age G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 Carmelo 2009-10 25 69 69 38.2 10.0 21.8 .458 0.9 2.7 .316 7.4 8.9 .830 2.2 4.4 6.6 3.2 1.3 0.4 3.0 3.3 28.2
2 Pau 2009-10 29 65 65 37.0 7.0 13.0 .536 0.0 0.1 .000 4.4 5.6 .790 3.7 7.6 11.3 3.4 0.6 1.7 2.2 2.3 18.3
3 Dirk 2009-10 31 81 80 37.5 8.9 18.5 .481 0.6 1.5 .421 6.6 7.2 .915 1.0 6.7 7.7 2.7 0.9 1.0 1.8 2.6 25.0

Rk Player Season Age G MP PER TS% eFG% ORB% DRB% TRB% AST% STL% BLK% TOV% USG% ORtg DRtg OWS DWS WS WS/48
1 Carmelo 2009-10 25 69 2634 22.2 .548 .478 6.7 13.1 9.9 15.9 1.7 0.9 10.6 33.4 110 109 5.6 2.4 7.9 0.145
2 Pau 2009-10 29 65 2403 22.9 .593 .536 11.4 22.7 17.1 15.0 0.8 3.5 12.5 21.4 120 102 6.8 4.2 11.0 0.220
3 Dirk 2009-10 31 81 3039 22.9 .578 .498 3.1 20.1 11.7 13.0 1.2 2.0 7.8 28.8 116 105 8.4 3.9 12.3 0.19

Take it for what it's worth, but actual evidence say otherwise about Melo. We'll leave this for another thread (around #5-8) when I'm sure he'll be brought up.

Cool. We'll talk about it when his turn comes.

Rivera
You're not the brainwasher, you're the brainwashed.

lol ive been durants #1 supporter on these boards from the #1 SF argument o the #1, #2 and #3 player in the NBA....im the brain washer :o

Avenged
I don't know, I think different, but thats just me

If I wanted to win right now, I'd go with Pau and Dirk. For the future, the obvious choice is Melo and he still has time to improve his game.

Someone is going to reply with "What has Pau and Dirk won as the main #1 option". Well before it gets to that point, what has Melo won? His team was transformed when Billups arrived.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-20-2010, 03:31 PM
so how much does wade go up before the next one is started. dont want another three day thread.

Yeah we want a #4 thread:cool:

Avenged
09-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Chris Paul is arguably a #2-3 player in the game when healthy (in case many of you have forgotten) but injuries have set him aside in these rankings. He's not getting votes because he was injured last season even though he belongs in this conversation. So at what point will he start getting votes? We all know he's going to get on the board sooner or later, so we just dismiss his injuries once #5-10 come up?

Because even though he wasn't healthy last season, by PSD standards, he doesn't belong on the board. (and thats the excuse I'm seeing here: injuries) What I'm saying is, if posters have trouble voting for him now, it doesn't make sense to vote for him later.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Chris Paul is arguably a #2-3 player in the game when healthy (in case many of you have forgotten) but injuries have set him aside in these rankings. He's not getting votes because he was injured last season even though he belongs in this conversation. So at what point will he start getting votes? We all know he's going to get on the board sooner or later, so we just dismiss his injuries once #5-10 come up?

Because even though he wasn't healthy last season, by PSD standards, he doesn't belong on the board. (and thats the excuse I'm seeing here: injuries) What I'm saying is, if posters have trouble voting for him now, it doesn't make sense to vote for him later.

at #5, when Wade and Durant are off the board, I will vote for Paul until he wins. And if he returns to his play of 08-09', he goes #2-3 for me.

Bruno
09-20-2010, 03:41 PM

I'm voting for Paul at #5 or #6. Because of Durants impressive season, and contributions at the Worlds. I'm still considering voting for Howard ahead of Paul too. It's hard to vote for a guy over a back to back DPOY winner when he missed most of the season.

Avenged
09-20-2010, 03:42 PM
at #5, when Wade and Durant are off the board, I will vote for Paul until he wins. And if he returns to his play of 08-09', he goes #2-3 for me.

But what I'm saying is, you're not voting for him because of injuries correct?

So why vote for him for 5th? Shouldn't "injuries" come into play as well?

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 03:50 PM
But what I'm saying is, you're not voting for him because of injuries correct?

So why vote for him for 5th? Shouldn't "injuries" come into play as well?

they come into play. Even hurt, he was super efficient, and a great player. But his team was pretty bad, and he missed a good amount of time. I fully expect him to be back to normal this season, so I am giving him my vote after Wade and Durant are off the board.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 03:52 PM
eh, I may actually place Howard over him. At least he returns to form

thescore53
durant kinda flew into elite status rather quickly.

Hawkeye15
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=paulch01&y1=2010&p2=howardw01&y2=2010&p3=nowitdi01&y3=2010&p4=willide01&y4=2010

Rafer17
Wade, but Durant will win the MVP. Wade is a better player, while Durant is more valuable.

Rivera
09-20-2010, 03:57 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=paulch01&y1=2010&p2=howardw01&y2=2010&p3=nowitdi01&y3=2010&p4=willide01&y4=2010

honestly it looks like dwight vs chris paul for #5

this is y i love PSD sooo fickle.....in this years PG rankings we voted deron ahead of paul....when it comes to the best player in the NBA ranking i already have a feeling its gonne be paul over williams

WadeKobe
09-20-2010, 03:57 PM
How come Dirk is on this list, and Duncan isn't? Can we please get Duncan on any list that Dirk is.

I'll argue night and day that Duncan is still #1 PF in all of basketball.

thescore53
09-20-2010, 03:58 PM
cp3 #4

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 03:59 PM
How come Dirk is on this list, and Duncan isn't? Can we please get Duncan on any list that Dirk is.

I'll argue night and day that Duncan is still #1 PF in all of basketball.

I have Dirk and Duncan as my 1st PF in the NBA. Can't go wrong with either.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Duncan is a cyborg when it comes to efficiency

thescore53
Wade3Bosh1LBJ6, Wade3Bosh4, Wade3Bosh4LBJ6

:pity:

Testaverde16
still going durant, though i can understand wade

TheTakeOver24

Meaning your only going by the media... meaning you've been brainwashed...

TylerSL
09-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Wade, why are so many people voting for Durant?.... :pity:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-20-2010, 04:09 PM
cp3 #4

no

kobe
lebron
wade
durant
cp3
dwight
Deron
Gasol
Dirk
Duncan

thescore53
09-20-2010, 04:10 PM
yes.

Rivera
09-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Meaning your only going by the media... meaning you've been brainwashed...

no u are soo off.....i was at boston vs miami in person in the playoffs.....half court offense was EXTREMLEY weak...

TheTakeOver24
09-20-2010, 04:15 PM
no u are soo off.....i was at boston vs miami in person in the playoffs.....half court offense was EXTREMLEY weak...

Two games... your seriously gonna base your thoughts on a teams offense off of two games?
wow...

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-20-2010, 04:18 PM
yes.

2008 CP3>>>>2010 Durant

2010 Durant>>2010 CP3

Rivera
09-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Two games... your seriously gonna base your thoughts on a teams offense off of two games?
wow...

im sorry im not gonna waste my NBA league pass that i paid $170 for to watch the miami STINK unless they played orlando, cleveland, oklahoma, or LA when its wade vs someone good cause there is no point of watching miami cause they SUCKED last year

dont twist my words and start to say i said wade sucks...i love wade...but IMO DURANT > WADE

thescore53
09-20-2010, 04:23 PM
2008 CP3>>>>2010 Durant

2010 Durant>>2010 CP3

so basically cp3 >> durant

jackdawson
09-20-2010, 04:27 PM
im sorry im not gonna waste my NBA league pass that i paid $170 for to watch the miami STINK unless they played orlando, cleveland, oklahoma, or LA when its wade vs someone good cause there is no point of watching miami cause they SUCKED last year

dont twist my words and start to say i said wade sucks...i love wade...but IMO DURANT > WADE

You are making yourself look dumber and dumber by self contradicting. If Miami SUCKED that bad, guess why they won 47 games..yes, because of Wade. Wade minus Miami last year was a d-league team. And Wade absolutely torched the celtics (best defensive/toughest team in the league) like no one else (not even Kobe/LeBron) with efficiency that Durant could only dream. And this was when Wade was going pretty much one-on-five. 60% from the field and 40% from three. Hell Durant was not even the best thunder vs lakers in the playoffs. Wade is better in everything else than Durant except shooting. Just stop it here. I read your posts and you haven't made much sense.

TheTakeOver24
09-20-2010, 04:27 PM

I never twisted your words... you said Miami had a horrible half court offense which wasn't true for much of 80+ games they played... maybe for a couple their offense struggled but you cant generalize from a couple games was my point...
Its your opinion, of course your entitled to it, but If you havent watched Wade play more than 2 games then i dont see how you could come to your conclusion that Durant>Wade. (other than by being brain washed by espn)
Thats all i'm sayin... no need to break out the all CAPS.

TheTakeOver24
09-20-2010, 04:32 PM
2008 CP3>>>>2010 Durant

2010 Durant>>2010 CP3

Thats tough...
If Durant goes on to average 33 pts a game while staying around 3 assists... do you take him over CP3 who might average 25 pts 12 assists and also most probably be top 3 in steals?
Personally I'd take CP3.

Rivera
09-20-2010, 04:33 PM
You are making yourself look dumber and dumber by self contradicting. If Miami SUCKED that bad, guess why they won 47 games..yes, because of Wade. Wade minus Miami last year was a d-league team. And Wade absolutely torched the celtics (best defensive/toughest team in the league) like no one else (not even Kobe/LeBron) with efficiency that Durant could only dream. And this was when Wade was going pretty much one-on-five. 60% from the field and 40% from three. Hell Durant was not even the best thunder vs lakers in the playoffs. Wade is better in everything else than Durant except shooting. Just stop it here. I read your posts and you haven't made much sense.

they won 47 games because they played in a week conference n got hot outta no where toward the middle/end of the season if they played in the west they wouldnt have won more than 40 games

and i know wade tourched the C's I WAS THERE....i never ever said he didnt i said his teams half court offense sucked not wade

jackdawson
09-20-2010, 04:39 PM
they won 47 games because they played in a week conference n got hot outta no where toward the middle/end of the season if they played in the west they wouldnt have won more than 40 games

and i know wade tourched the C's I WAS THERE....i never ever said he didnt i said his teams half court offense sucked not wade

:bla:

Rivera
09-20-2010, 04:39 PM
I never twisted your words... you said Miami had a horrible half court offense which wasn't true for much of 80+ games they played... maybe for a couple their offense struggled but you cant generalize from a couple games was my point...
Its your opinion, of course your entitled to it, but If you havent watched Wade play more than 2 games then i dont see how you could come to your conclusion that Durant>Wade. (other than by being brain washed by espn)
Thats all i'm sayin... no need to break out the all CAPS.

look at the numbers!!!!! miami was #25 in the league averagin 96 ppg at home....they averaged 94 points per game on the road which is #29...BTW there are 30 teams in the NBA

and they were #17 in field goal percentage but they werent bad on offense??? please give me a break!!!!!

ive already been postin my reasons y durant > wade and ive never posted anything abt ESPN to back my point so get off the ESPN BS cause ur goin no where with that

Rivera
09-20-2010, 04:42 PM
:bla:

ok bandwagon heat fan

miami won 13 outtta 14 between march 20th and april 14th is that better for you???

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Miami ranked #28 in pace, #19 in offensive efficiency, #18 in eFG%, and #3 in defensive efficiency. Defense won the majority of their 47 games. They were below average offensively due to having minimal weapons around Wade.
I would guess if you took Wade off last year's Miami squad, they would win roughly 25 games.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-20-2010, 04:43 PM
so basically cp3 >> durant

lol

we are talking about 2010:D

Thats tough...
If Durant goes on to average 33 pts a game while staying around 3 assists... do you take him over CP3 who might average 25 pts 12 assists and also most probably be top 3 in steals?
Personally I'd take CP3.

Hell yes if CP3 puts up 25 and 12
but he hasn't put up those kind of numbers in 2 years

TheTakeOver24
09-20-2010, 04:46 PM
look at the numbers!!!!! miami was #25 in the league averagin 96 ppg at home....they averaged 94 points per game on the road which is #29...BTW there are 30 teams in the NBA

and they were #17 in field goal percentage but they werent bad on offense??? please give me a break!!!!!

ive already been postin my reasons y durant > wade and ive never posted anything abt ESPN to back my point so get off the ESPN BS cause ur goin no where with that

Ok? Their ppg rank coincides basically with their pace rank? Thats what it supposed to be... I dont see what that has to do with their halfcourt offense being "horrible" compared to their fast break.

And I never said that you posted anything about ESPN... I said that since ESPN has been hyping Durant there's been a sudden change in a lot of people perception of him. Thats what I was referring to when I said that you are being brain washed... your not actually watching the players... your watching the "talking heads" on ESPN and other media outlets.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Ok? Their ppg rank coincides basically with their pace rank? Thats what it supposed to be... I dont see what that has to do with their halfcourt offense being "horrible" compared to their fast break.

And I never said that you posted anything about ESPN... I said that since ESPN has been hyping Durant there's been a sudden change in a lot of people perception of him. Thats what I was referring to when I said that you are being brain washed... your not actually watching the players... your watching the "talking heads" on ESPN and other media outlets.

pace rank is only one thing- how many possessions you average a game.

TheTakeOver24
09-20-2010, 04:47 PM
lol

we are talking about 2010:D

Hell yes if CP3 puts up 25 and 12
but he hasn't put up those kind of numbers in 2 years

People made the same mistake after Wade went down with injuries, he proved them wrong and came back in 08-09 with his best season.

We'll really get to see how driven CP3 is by how he performs this season.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 04:48 PM
does Miami have a fast break offense, other than Wade getting a breakaway? haha
I watched the Heat for the past 2 years, quite a bit, and they don't run. Ever.

thescore53
09-20-2010, 04:48 PM
Miami ranked #28 in pace, #19 in offensive efficiency, #18 in eFG%, and #3 in defensive efficiency. Defense won the majority of their 47 games. They were below average offensively due to having minimal weapons around Wade.
I would guess if you took Wade off last year's Miami squad, they would win roughly 25 games.

without wade they were a dleague team. 15 wins as much as the year wade was injured.

Rivera
09-20-2010, 04:49 PM

pace rank has to do with number of possesions they have during a game and thats it it has nothing to do with points per game! and #17 fg %......thats below average

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 04:49 PM
without wade they were a dleague team. 15 wins as much as the year wade was injured.

well, I don't care to argue about bad they would specifically be, but they would be better than that 15 win team. Not by a ton, that is for sure

TheTakeOver24
09-20-2010, 04:50 PM

Thank you... thats the point I was tryin to make.

thescore53
09-20-2010, 04:52 PM

chalmers
wade
q
has
jo

this team doesnt even have the legs to run.

thescore53
09-20-2010, 04:54 PM
well, I don't care to argue about bad they would specifically be, but they would be better than that 15 win team. Not by a ton, that is for sure

without wade the only other person that can create for himself was Beasley.

without wade they make this years raptors squad look like the 96 bulls

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 04:55 PM
without wade the only other person that can create for himself was Beasley.

without wade they make this years raptors squad look like the 96 bulls

haha, well, even with Wade playing a small number of games, and the Heat pulling the most blatant tank job ever, they won 15. They would win more. But, maybe not.
Like I said, I think we can all agree, you take Wade off the Heat from last year, and they are fighting for a top 3 pick

TheTakeOver24
09-20-2010, 04:57 PM
chalmers
wade
q
has
jo

this team doesnt even have the legs to run.

Arroyo started a lot of the games for the Heat.... so he makes the fast break potential of that line up a LOT worse.

CHANGO
09-20-2010, 05:02 PM
FOR ME!
Lebron
Kobe
Wade
Durant
Melo

Others:
Howard
CP3

jackdawson
09-20-2010, 05:06 PM
ok bandwagon heat fan

miami won 13 outtta 14 between march 20th and april 14th is that better for you???

saying somehow won those games deserves :facepalm: You can't win 13 out of 14 somehow. Well, if you have a Wade then yes. It's possible.

All you are doing here just busy of making yourself a **** through all your posts. you are calling me bandwagon heat fan. I joined PSD in March that is before you. How did you figure out I am a bandwagon?

thescore53
09-20-2010, 05:12 PM
@ PHI
@ NYK
vs. DET vs. PHI
@ MIN @ IND @ DET
@ CHI
@ NJN

heres some of the teams they faced

Patman
09-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Duncan is a cyborg when it comes to efficiency

Yeah it's brutal how consistent the guy is when it comes to offensive efficiency. But i think he lost something on defense he was unreal in his prime defensively, but i find it hard to back up defensive efficiency with stats.

But have to say this thread is hilarious i thought the Number# thread was pure comedy but this here is just to much.....

thescore53
09-20-2010, 05:35 PM
saying somehow won those games deserves :facepalm: You can't win 13 out of 14 somehow. Well, if you have a Wade then yes. It's possible.

All you are doing here just busy of making yourself a **** through all your posts. you are calling me bandwagon heat fan. I joined PSD in March that is before you. How did you figure out I am a bandwagon?

it def was before. but the year (2010) when you see 2010 you think bandwaggon.

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 05:35 PM
Yeah it's brutal how consistent the guy is when it comes to offensive efficiency. But i think he lost something on defense he was unreal in his prime defensively, but i find it hard to back up defensive efficiency with stats.

But have to say this thread is hilarious i thought the Number# thread was pure comedy but this here is just to much.....

these comparison threads have become roughly half haters/homers bickering.

Defensive efficiency is just so dictated by team, its so difficult to rationally argue that side of the floor and who is better.

thescore53
09-20-2010, 05:43 PM
thats why it should be closed when a player runs away without.

Avenged
09-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Wade, why are so many people voting for Durant?.... :pity:

Why not? Lets not pretend like Wade is waaaaaaay better than Durant.

Patman
09-20-2010, 06:31 PM
these comparison threads have become roughly half haters/homers bickering.

Defensive efficiency is just so dictated by team, its so difficult to rationally argue that side of the floor and who is better.

Haha yes lets see if it tones down a bit after #5-6 or if it still as heated.

Hm i think on the defensive side you have to brake it down to different stats and have to look at how a player does in certain situations i.e. Post-up, iso, PnR. But i don't have a source for that. Synergie does something like that if I'm not mistaken but i think i still have to pay 30$ and it only runs until the 30th.

bbblack40
09-20-2010, 06:33 PM
first 3 yrs in the league wade lead his team to the 2nd round, ECF, and then a championship, durant led his team to one playoff birth and an early 1st round exit ummmmm..... lets see.... be serious people Wade is the best player in the league, i can understand people arguing Lebron is better, maybe even Kobe but Durant please stop it leading the league in scoring and your team to an 8th seed to be put out in the 1st round sounds a little tmacish to me, do we even know if durant can get his team out of the 1st round?

cmellofan15
09-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Dwyane Wade, not even close.

cmellofan15
09-20-2010, 06:36 PM
also, no way Durant should have more votes than Paul.