PDA

View Full Version : PSD Eastern Conference First Round (#1 Miami vs. #8 NY Knicks)

JordansBulls
09-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Miami Heat will have the Homecourt Advantage

FIRST ROUND

Miami vs NY Knicks
Winner: Vote here!

The total of votes for each team will be counted (all 4 options together) and the team with the higher total wins. Eventually, the result will be the option with the most votes (out of 4 options) of the team that has the most votes altogether.

Example:

If the option which has been voted most out of all 8 in the poll is "New York in 6" (20 votes), it doesn't necessarily mean that New York has won. If New York has 50 votes (New York in 4, 5, 6 & 7 altogether), but Charlotte has 55 votes (Charlotte in 4, 5, 6 & 7 altogether), Charlotte is the winner, although it didn't have the most votes in any of its 4 single options. The option with the most votes of the winner (Charlotte) is the final result.

Let's say:
New York in 4 = 10 votes
New York in 5 = 5 votes
New York in 6 = 20 votes
New York in 7 = 15 votes
Total = 50 votes

Now lets say Charlotte has
Charlotte in 4 = 12
Charlotte in 5 = 13
Charlotte in 6 = 17
Charlotte in 7 = 13
Total = 55 votes
The winner would be Charlotte in 6 since they would have the most votes total overall and thus the option for them that was voted the most is Charlotte in 6 would become the final result.

EASTERN CONFERENCE - Regular Season

Click the team name for poll results. The 8 best records in each conference have been determined. According to league rules, the seedings are as follows

(1) Miami (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531447) - Southeast Division
(2) Orlando (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531647) - Southeast Division
(3) Boston (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=531834) - Atlantic Division
(4) Chicago (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532091) - Central Division
(5) Atlanta (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532440) - Southeast Division
(6) Milwaukee (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532730) - Central Division
(7) Charlotte (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533049) - Southeast Division
(8) New York (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533384) - Atlantic Division

And I repeat do not post this in your forum trying to get more votes.

Chacarron
09-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Miami sweep.

nyanks79
09-19-2010, 06:54 PM
"Charlie Ward inbounding on the right sideline, Houston pops out up top, down the lane, running jumperrr, off the front rim and in."

Gators123
09-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Easy, Miami in 4.

Slimsim
09-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Miami sweep

Avenged
09-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Miami in 4.

still1ballin
09-19-2010, 07:02 PM
I think NY can get one game.

JordansBulls
09-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Knicks and Heat always went the distance in every playoff series they played. Thus this will go 7.

Knicks21
09-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Just like 1999 baby. Knicks in 7.

Gators123
09-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Knicks and Heat always went the distance in every playoff series they played. Thus this will go 7.

:eyebrow: But the Heat have never had Wade, LeBron and Bosh all on the same team.

knickerbockerny
09-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Heat in 5! But depending on the development of the youngsters Gallinari, Randolph, Chandler this can be a closer series. Another thing to remember... Amare always shows up in the playoffs.

Gators123
09-19-2010, 07:11 PM
15 votes in and the Heat are already being underrated. Yes, I said it.

justinnum1
09-19-2010, 07:13 PM
Bust ou the broom...could be the highest scoring series ever.

Avenged
09-19-2010, 07:13 PM

That has nothing to do with this season nor does it depict a long series because of it. There's a whole bunch of different players and quite frankly, the Heat are just too good for the Knicks at this point.

JordansBulls
09-19-2010, 07:14 PM
That has nothing to do with this season nor does it depict a long series because of it. There's a whole bunch of different players and quite frankly, the Heat are just too good for the Knicks at this point.

Well the Heat were a #1 seed vs Knicks #8 before as well.

Avenged
09-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Heat in 5! But depending on the development of the youngsters Gallinari, Randolph, Chandler this can be a closer series. Another thing to remember... Amare always shows up in the playoffs.

His D doesn't.. The Knicks are really going to need great defense to at least have a fighting chance against Miami.. And they'll need him to grab some boards: something he wasn't really good at during this past postseason.

LeBitteNoir
09-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Miami in 1. After getting "blowed" out 140-55 in Game 1, Knicks take their ball and go home.

bkmikeyy
09-19-2010, 07:42 PM

I'd love to agree with you since I am a Knick fan, but this series would not be competitive. Best case scenario for the Knicks is they steal one.
The difference in 99 is that ti was a lockout season and the 8th seed knicks were only 6 games behind the 1st seed Heat.

TylerSL
09-19-2010, 07:49 PM
wow JB thinking this would go 7 games
Chalmers<Felton
Wade>>>>>>>>>>>Walker
Lebron>>>>>>>>>>Chandler
Bosh>Stat (close, but Stat had Nash)
if we get Dampier>>Curry
if we dont get Dampier then still Anthony>Curry
Heat bench>>>>Knicks bench

overall
Heat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Knicks

:facepalm: to you JB for thinking its even close. Hate much?

Kashmir13579
09-19-2010, 07:50 PM

:D i know! thats why this poll is awesome and why i voted knicks in 7.

TylerSL
09-19-2010, 07:51 PM
also a :facepalm: to either the Knick homers or Heat haters or both who thinks the Knicks would win this series.

Angel2Maverick
09-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Lebron James alone was to much for the Knicks, so what do you expect to happen when you throw in Wade and Bosh

Heat win easily in 4

Slimsim
09-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Chalmers<Felton
Wade>>>>>>>>>>>Walker
Lebron>>>>>>>>>>Chandler
if we get Dampier>>Curry

overall

Actually Knicks have a pretty good bench

Felton > Chalmers
Chandler < Wade
Gallo < LBJ
Amare = Bosh
Turiaf > Anthony

I don't know Miami bench but the Knicks bench have

Toney Douglas
Keleena Azabuke
Anthony Randolph
Bill Walker
Mosgov
Roger mason
Andy rautins
Landry fields
Patrick Ewing JR

Solid Bench players.

justinnum1
09-19-2010, 08:12 PM
jimm120, JLMiles14, Kashmir13579, Knicks21, LTBaByyy, lvlheaded, MIKE&IKE's, r7m7s7
-------------->:facepalm:

:pity:Bulls_fan90, DaoudS, White_Mike--->:facepalm::facepalm:

Lots of haters and delusional fans.

scutch11
09-19-2010, 08:19 PM
the knicks would possibly be able to get one or two games if the team develops the way we hope it will. their biggest asset would be the advantage that they have in depth over the heat. if the games are extremely faced pace (as they would probably be) than the knicks bench would actually be a big advantage .... just probably not enough to win the series.

jimm120
09-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Knicks will either win on a Wilson Chandler off balance shot that bounces on the front of the rim, hits the backboard and then falls in

or

Knicks will win with Amare catching a pass on the left side of the court. He'll back down Bosh for about a second and then turn to the rim and blow past him. Bosh will look from behind as Amare dunks it with 2 hands and just a minute to play...but that will be the deciding score.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vTU4GMROwA
the 20 second mark :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex-U50tT4aI
Beauty :)

JLMiles14
09-19-2010, 08:31 PM
:facepalm: the guy that just listed all the people voting for the knicks, get a life bro. I'm a fan of my team and will always ride with them ****** the heat

HoopsDrive
09-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Heat in 4.

Knicks21
09-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Chalmers<Felton
Wade>>>>>>>>>>>Walker
Lebron>>>>>>>>>>Chandler
if we get Dampier>>Curry

overall

Dampier and Curry are both the same. Both need to retire, but dont forget curry used to score 20ppg in the 06-07 season. Curry is a better player if he is healthy, and neither of them are healthy atm. Besides he wont be starting center so you have your matchup wrong.
If anthony is your starting center, a guy who averaged 3 ppg last season and 3 rebounds. This guy is not better than Mozgov, a guy who scored 13 points against centers such as Tyson Chandler and pf such as Kevin Love in the USA vs. Russia Game. You loose at the center position, no questions asked.

Dont even get me started on the Bench. This is one of the most ridiculous things i have ever herd. The Heat have the worst bench in the NBA period. Mike Miller is good, but the rest omg are terrible. You think Haslem, Malglorie, House, Jones, Arroyo are better than Randolph, Douglas, Chandler.

The Heat will win but that is a stupid comment.

Knicks21
09-19-2010, 08:36 PM
jimm120, JLMiles14, Kashmir13579, Knicks21, LTBaByyy, lvlheaded, MIKE&IKE's, r7m7s7
-------------->:facepalm:

:pity:Bulls_fan90, DaoudS, White_Mike--->:facepalm::facepalm:

Lots of haters and delusional fans.

It is a poll isnt it? Get a life and stop pointing out people. Ur allowed to vote for who you want for. Im supporting my team and ur just being an idiot.

daleja424
09-19-2010, 08:39 PM
LOL 25% think NY wins...

justinnum1
09-19-2010, 08:41 PM
LOL 25% think NY wins...

Guess people still haven't heard the Heat added some new players.

Gators123
09-19-2010, 08:41 PM
LOL 25% think NY wins...

:pity:

Chacarron
09-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Dampier and Curry are both the same. Both need to retire, but dont forget curry used to score 20ppg in the 06-07 season. Curry is a better player if he is healthy, and neither of them are healthy atm. Besides he wont be starting center so you have your matchup wrong.
If anthony is your starting center, a guy who averaged 3 ppg last season and 3 rebounds. This guy is not better than Mozgov, a guy who scored 13 points against centers such as Tyson Chandler and pf such as Kevin Love in the USA vs. Russia Game. You loose at the center position, no questions asked.

Dont even get me started on the Bench. This is one of the most ridiculous things i have ever herd. The Heat have the worst bench in the NBA period. Mike Miller is good, but the rest omg are terrible. You think Haslem, Malglorie, House, Jones, Arroyo are better than Randolph, Douglas, Chandler.

The bolded is just wrong. It's not all about PPG in the NBA, Anthony contributes in other aspects of the game such as post defense, which is the sole reason he would start.

justinnum1
09-19-2010, 09:00 PM

Your lack of BB knowledge is pathetic. You are a hater.

Avenged
09-19-2010, 09:06 PM
The Heat's bench is underrated by non Heat fans but overrated by Heat fans.

When you have a talented starting 5, the bench shouldn't be too much of a problem for them considering Miller/Haslem/Z (if he doesn't start since I've read on here he isn't) /House..

Considering a 7-8 man rotation is used in the playoffs, the Heat will be fine in that department until they meet a team with depth 1-8.

NYYCowboys
09-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Knicks in 7...I'm not gonna hypothetically pick against them when the season hasn't even started yet.

Kashmir13579
09-19-2010, 09:21 PM
It is a poll isnt it? Get a life and stop pointing out people. Ur allowed to vote for who you want for. Im supporting my team and ur just being an idiot.

this. are we supposed to not pull for our team? and who doesnt want the heat to lose? only heat fans. what a story it would be.

todu82
09-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Miami in 5.

daleja424
09-19-2010, 09:28 PM
lol guys. Its a poll for who would win...not who do you want to win...

daleja424
09-19-2010, 09:30 PM
and why do people keep mentioning a jump shot from a decade ago. The HEAT have won a championship and been in the playoffs every year but one since then I believe... so why are you all still living in the past?

VinceCarter
09-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Miami sweep as long as Wade is healthy.

VinceCarter
09-19-2010, 09:35 PM
lol guys. Its a poll for who would win...not who do you want to win...

:laugh2:

I don't think any poll on here has turned out that way.

daleja424
09-19-2010, 09:39 PM

I don't think any poll on here has turned out that way.

true story.

justinnum1
09-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Miami sweep as long as Wade is healthy.

lol Pretty sure the HEat without Wade would still sweep.

stawka
09-19-2010, 09:41 PM

LMMMMMAAAAAAAOOOOOOOO!!!

I wish I could make that my sig but not sure how to do it on the iPhone. That would make my toilet session complete

Thanks again JB

justinnum1
09-19-2010, 09:47 PM
We are talking about the knicks, right? The Knick team that doesn't believe in defense, and there are actual NBA fans(not talking about homers or hater) who believe the knicks would win a 7 game series against. :laugh:

ZooYork786
09-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Knicks in 7!:clap:

j-bay
09-19-2010, 09:57 PM
wow knicks fans in 7 really

Slimsim
09-19-2010, 10:03 PM
Crazier **** has happen No one would have ever thought LBJ would team up with Wade. So the chances of the Knicks winning in 7 doesn't sound so far fetched. Besides Defense is overrated Boston had the best defense in this year playoff and couldn't win a ring because they sucked on offense in game 7.

Knicks21
09-19-2010, 10:12 PM
Your lack of BB knowledge is pathetic. You are a hater.

Why wouldn't i be a hater. I like the team, but not so much the fans. Your bench is terrible and i dont know how you wont accept that. Minnesota have a better bench, Kings have a better bench. You wont accept that only 3 players are holding ur team together, dont get me wrong you will win multiple championships if u dont something is seriously wrong. But ur bench is horrible. They are all players, apart from Haslem and Miller (who is potentially in the starting 5) who are on the league min.
Like i said before
Randolph, Chandler, Walker, Douglas, Fields, Turiaf, Rautins, > The Heat Bench.
How much more do i need to explain for all ya Miami supporters?!!?:facepalm:

justinnum1
09-19-2010, 10:13 PM
Why wouldn't i be a hater. I like the team, but not so much the fans. Your bench is terrible and i dont know how you wont accept that. Minnesota have a better bench, Kings have a better bench. You wont accept that only 3 players are holding ur team together, dont get me wrong you will win multiple championships if u dont something is seriously wrong. But ur bench is horrible. They are all players, apart from Haslem and Miller (who is potentially in the starting 5) who are on the league min.
Like i said before
Randolph, Chandler, Walker, Douglas, Fields, Turiaf, Rautins, > The Heat Bench.
How much more do i need to explain for all ya Miami supporters?!!?:facepalm:

:laugh:

Thanks, I needed that laugh...as Dan Lebetard says" New York, Welcome to another decade if Irrelevance" :moon: :laugh2:

justinnum1
09-19-2010, 10:15 PM
wow knicks fans in 7 really

Right? They are drinking that same stuff Bulls fans drink. I think its called Homerade.

Knicks21
09-19-2010, 10:17 PM

Thanks, I needed that laugh...as Dan Lebetard says" New York, Welcome to another decade if Irrelevance" :moon: :laugh2:

He is a Miami native what do you expect him to say?

29$JerZ
09-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Right? They are drinking that same stuff Bulls fans drink. I think its called Homerade.

Seeing as how every Miami fan thinks they will win and most NY fans will think we could potentially win, that makes everyone a homer.

justinnum1
09-19-2010, 10:20 PM
He is a Miami native what do you expect him to say?

At least you agree.

kjoke
09-19-2010, 10:22 PM
i think its safe to say heat>>>>>>>>>knicks

as much as i want to revamp the 90's rivarly, it just aint happening

maybe it grabs a spark if the knicks were to acquire anthony and possibly parker

tredigs
09-19-2010, 10:23 PM
I'm not too sure the Knicks will make the playoffs; the Sixers could make a run for it with such an explosive young backcourt + Iggy. I think I like the Nets new roster as much or more than the Knicks, to be honest.

That said, whoever takes the 8th seed is going to in some serious trouble going against Miami. A game could be stolen, but no more than that.

NYYCowboys
09-19-2010, 10:27 PM
i think its safe to say heat>>>>>>>>>knicks

as much as i want to revamp the 90's rivarly, it just aint happening

maybe it grabs a spark if the knicks were to acquire anthony and possibly parker

The Heat definitely have one of the best teams on paper if not the best, but the season hasn't even started yet so it's really not safe to say anything. For all we know Gallinari, Chandler and Randolph could all become superstars this year, and the Knicks will be a good team (not a very good chance but you never know), and the Heat could face multiple injuries or not gel well together and end up being mediocre. So until the season actually starts I'm not crowning any team the best or #1 seed etc.

Kashmir13579
09-19-2010, 10:29 PM

you need to chill bro. its all in good fun anyway. we all know its not likely, but crazier things have happened. the difference is bulls fans truly believe they are title bound; if you go into the knicks forum this is something you will not see. like i said, its all in good fun, and its not even definite that these are even the correct seeds.

justinnum1
09-19-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm not too sure the Knicks will make the playoffs; the Sixers could make a run for it with such an explosive young backcourt + Iggy. I think I like the Nets new roster as much or more than the Knicks, to be honest.

That said, whoever takes the 8th seed is going to in some serious trouble going against Miami. A game could be stolen, but no more than that.

Very true...here i am arguing with some knock homer, and the chances of the Knicks even making the playoffs is pretty slim. The knicks aren't better than MIL, MIA, ORL, BOS, CHI, CHA, ATL I would even put the Wizards ahead of the Knicks. I just can;t take a team seriously that doesn't believe in playing defense.

Kashmir13579
09-19-2010, 10:31 PM

:facepalm: thats too bad bro. the knicks are back, havent you heard?

kjoke
09-19-2010, 10:31 PM

:speechless:

im sorry but u really comparing mozgov with joel, if you want to take just FIBA, joel had a much better outing than mozgov anyways. Dampier (who we havent signed but u broght him up) is not better than curry, really? last time i remembered what the heat need at center is a rebounder and big man not a fat *** and fat man. Haslem is also very good, he was offered the full mle by dallas, and is the heart and sole of this team. It might be debatable that the knicks bench might be better than the heats. but its completely false stating that the heats bench is the worse

justinnum1
09-19-2010, 10:32 PM
you need to chill bro. its all in good fun anyway. we all know its not likely, but crazier things have happened. the difference is bulls fans truly believe they are title bound; if you go into the knicks forum this is something you will not see. like i said, its all in good fun, and its not even definite that these are even the correct seeds.

Some of you knick fans might be cool, but Knicks21 is making you guys look bad with his complete lack of BB knowledge.

Kashmir13579
09-19-2010, 10:33 PM
Some of you knick fans might be cool, but Knicks21 is making you guys look bad with his complete lack of BB knowledge.

LOL, i'm sorry that you feel that way:D

justinnum1
09-19-2010, 10:33 PM
:speechless:

im sorry but u really comparing mozgov with joel, if you want to take just FIBA, joel had a much better outing than mozgov anyways. Dampier (who we havent signed but u broght him up) is not better than curry, really? last time i remembered what the heat need at center is a rebounder and big man not a fat *** and fat man. Haslem is also very good, he was offered the full mle by dallas, and is the heart and sole of this team. It might be debatable that the knicks bench might be better than the heats. but its completely false stating that the heats bench is the worse

Don't Bother... Knicks21 is a heat hater...he even said it in one of his posts on the last page.

Kashmir13579
09-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Very true...here i am arguing with some knock homer, and the chances of the Knicks even making the playoffs is pretty slim. The knicks aren't better than MIL, MIA, ORL, BOS, CHI, CHA, ATL I would even put the Wizards ahead of the Knicks. I just can;t take a team seriously that doesn't believe in playing defense.

idk man, i'm startin' to feel that your basketball knowledge is "pretty slim" :facepalm: the miami heat has 3 of the best players in the NBA and you feel the need to bash. you sound like the hater man. we all just want to see some good basketball and your the one coming off as a dick. the knicks may not be lucky enough to have dream team; but we are a respectable squad with a lot of nice young talent and the sky is the limit. gallo, randolph, felton, amare, and ill will arent the type to back down from any team; including the heat. like i said, if you don't think that is a playoff bound squad, you don't know jack-****.

WadeBirdman
09-19-2010, 10:43 PM
HEAT in 4

Bulls_fan90
09-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Knicks in 4.

jackdawson
09-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Knicks in 4.

Not surprised considering you name.

Knicks21
09-19-2010, 10:53 PM

Its all opinion. Besides what i agree with obviously isn't what you agree with. Its not all about bball knowledge its about how much of a fan you are. Im a knicks fan till i die, that is enough for me to gain respect from other knicks fans. Im 14 and my basketball knowledge is beyond what other people in my generation are like. Lay off the harsh comments, just trying to stand up for my team just as you are with the heat. Since we only have been talking about the heat who i dislike, who are you to say that i have a lack of BB knowledge?

jackdawson
09-19-2010, 11:00 PM
It will most likely be a clean sweep with Wade or LeBron resting for all 4 games. One of them with Bosh will be good for a sweep against this year's knicks.

knickfan4life
09-19-2010, 11:03 PM
if the knicks are bad enough during the season to only be an 8th seed. they will lose in 4 or 5... but if i had to bet, id say 5, i dont think theyll lose 4 straight... i think amare will put up one huge game like he did vs LA

jackdawson
09-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Its all opinion. Besides what i agree with obviously isn't what you agree with. Its not all about bball knowledge its about how much of a fan you are. Im a knicks fan till i die, that is enough for me to gain respect from other knicks fans. Im 14 and my basketball knowledge is beyond what other people in my generation are like. Lay off the harsh comments, just trying to stand up for my team just as you are with the heat. Since we only have been talking about the heat who i dislike, who are you to say that i have a lack of BB knowledge?

I think those two underlined bold parts are connected considering what you have contributed thus far in this thread.

Chacarron
09-19-2010, 11:05 PM
I think those two underlined bold parts are connected considering what you have contributed thus far in this thread.

I second that.

Kashmir13579
09-19-2010, 11:06 PM

some people like to pick on 14 year olds :up:

TylerSL
09-19-2010, 11:07 PM

You dont have a very good BB IQ if anything. You say the Heat bench is terrible. :facepalm:x100000000000 to that. Haslem led the league in double doubles off the bench last year, Mike Miller had the 3rd highest TS% last year and was a jumpshooter, only 1.Nene and 2.Dwight had a higher TS% and all they do is dunk and make layups. Carlos Arroyo had the highest Assist/Turnover ratio in the league. Joel Anthony had a Block% of 6.7 (thats higher than Dwight Howard's 6.0% aka he was accually a better blocker than Dwight Howard last year) Joel will come off the bench if we get Dampier, if we dont get Dampier, then Joel will start. Eddie House shoots a career 390. from the 3. Big Z is 7-3 giant that will at least make an impact in the paint. Yea thats totally a terrible bench :rolleyes:

justinnum1

Say no more. Have a good season. :)

Knicks21

Look just coz im 14 doesnt mean im stupid.

justinnum1
09-19-2010, 11:08 PM

No, but in 10 years you will think what you are saying now is stupid.

Bulls_fan90
09-19-2010, 11:09 PM
Not surprised considering you name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFgXF0a_Yw4&feature=related

jackdawson
09-19-2010, 11:10 PM

Stupidity and lack of knowledge are different things young fella. I never said you are stupid. I just underlined two phrases from your post.

Jays Claw
09-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Taking the Heat here in five games.

knickfan4life
09-19-2010, 11:14 PM
It will most likely be a clean sweep with Wade or LeBron resting for all 4 games. One of them with Bosh will be good for a sweep against this year's knicks.

1. you just contradicted yourself
2. that shows your basketball knowledge
3. since when do players REST in the first game of the playoffs, i dont care WHO your playing, stars NEVER rest the first game of any series

Knicks21
09-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Say no more. Have a good season. :)

Far out. Ive tried with you heat fans. Ur all a bunch of *****. Cant believe people can be so mean. Yes im 14, currently in the stages of training for the Australian squad. Being 14 doesnt mean **** Im not stupid i know basketball, yet somehow you find some sick pleasure out of outsmarting me. I wouldv'e thought u would know better with all the posts. Not even coming back to PSD, half of the people on here are nuts. They have no respect. I've been coached by the Spurs Assistant coach, so dont bs me about BB knowledge i know basketball.

xxcubs22xx
09-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Heat in 6.

Its the NBA, which means playoff series will be drawn out, naturally.

And also I think based on the unpredictability of the league whos to say who isn't/is overrated/underrated at the moment.

I would say that the wizards or NJ could possibly net the 8th seed. the Knicks, well, not so much.

TylerSL
09-19-2010, 11:18 PM
Far out. Ive tried with you heat fans. Ur all a bunch of *****. Cant believe people can be so mean. Yes im 14, currently in the stages of training for the Australian squad. Being 14 doesnt mean **** Im not stupid i know basketball, yet somehow you find some sick pleasure out of outsmarting me. I wouldv'e thought u would know better with all the posts. Not even coming back to PSD, half of the people on here are nuts. They have no respect. I've been coached by the Spurs Assistant coach, so dont bs me about BB knowledge i know basketball.

ive not used u being 14 as a bad thing, I used you saying the Heat have a terrible bench. If you accually believe that then yes, im questioning your BB IQ. Its not that your 14, im 17 myself.

justinnum1
09-19-2010, 11:21 PM

:violin:

jimm120
09-19-2010, 11:28 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again:

In game 7, the

Knicks will either win on a Wilson Chandler off balance shot that bounces on the front of the rim, hits the backboard and then falls in

or

Knicks will win with Amare catching a pass on the left side of the court. He'll back down Bosh for about a second and then turn to the rim and blow past him. Bosh will look from behind as Amare dunks it with 2 hands and just a minute to play...but that will be the deciding score.

the 20 second mark

Beauty

jackdawson
09-19-2010, 11:29 PM
1. you just contradicted yourself
2. that shows your basketball knowledge
3. since when do players REST in the first game of the playoffs, i dont care WHO your playing, stars NEVER rest the first game of any series

How did I contradict myself? I said one of Wade/LeBron plus Bosh will be good enough to sweep. Means we Heat won't need both of Wade and LeBron to sweep the knicks. Easy comprehension.

justinnum1
09-19-2010, 11:30 PM

In game 7, the

or

the 20 second mark

Beauty

In order for that to happen, your saying the Knicks will have to outscore the Heat via their run and gun style. Since they play no D, wade, bosh and lebron will all abuse them, but you are saying that the Knicks will beat the Heat while playing no D.

:laugh: Must be some good nugs going around NY right now.

knickfan4life
09-19-2010, 11:38 PM
How did I contradict myself? I said one of Wade/LeBron plus Bosh will be good enough to sweep. Means we Heat won't need both of Wade and LeBron to sweep the knicks. Easy comprehension.

no, you said LEBRON AND WADE WILL BOTH REST... which only leaves bosh and then u said bosh plus one more will be enough... if thats not a contradiction, you need vocabulary lessons... and what better than a 14 year old to do so lol

JordansBulls
09-19-2010, 11:39 PM
How does this one have sooo many more replies than the others?

TylerSL
09-19-2010, 11:40 PM

because the Heat are mentioned...

jackdawson
09-19-2010, 11:45 PM
no, you said LEBRON AND WADE WILL BOTH REST... which only leaves bosh and then u said bosh plus one more will be enough... if thats not a contradiction, you need vocabulary lessons... and what better than a 14 year old to do so lol

Just look at that underlined part. Did I say AND? It's OR. No insult but please tell me english is not your first language.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/or?r=65

Hope that helps.

jackdawson
09-19-2010, 11:47 PM

tredigs
09-19-2010, 11:48 PM

The biggest city/fanbase in America has a revamped team that is hypothetically going up against an ex-rival who just had the biggest off-season in NBA history. The emotions are high on both sides and people love any chance to talk about these two teams potential.

Besides that, no clue.

justinnum1
09-19-2010, 11:51 PM
The biggest city/fanbase in America has a revamped team that is hypothetically going up against an ex-rival who just had the biggest off-season in NBA history. The emotions are high on both sides and people love any chance to talk about these two teams potential.

Besides that, no clue.

lol well said

Super.
09-19-2010, 11:57 PM
Knick power!

VinceCarter
09-19-2010, 11:58 PM

Because 2 of the 3 teams with the most homers are in the discussion.

Imagine if it was the Bulls, Heat AND Knicks. :speechless:

beasted86
09-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Nobody beats LA in homers... and Miami is dead last between those teams in homers

1) LA
2) NY
3) CHI

4) MIA

Avenged
09-20-2010, 12:24 AM
There's so many replies because Knicks fan actually think they stand a chance..

Avenged
09-20-2010, 12:25 AM
Nobody beats LA in homers... and Miami is dead last between those teams in homers

1) LA
2) NY
3) CHI

4) MIA

Since you're a Heat fan, of course you're going to think that.

I'm a Laker fan and I have them 4th and Heat fans 1.

Go figure.

beasted86
09-20-2010, 12:38 AM
Since you're a Heat fan, of course you're going to think that.

I'm a Laker fan and I have them 4th and Heat fans 1.

Go figure.

LA has the most fans on this board, followed by Knicks, followed by Bulls, and Miami is somewhere far behind all 3 even after The Decision. Every team has it's homer fans... predictably the teams with the most fans have the most homers.

Miami is nowhere close to the #1.

Avenged
09-20-2010, 12:45 AM
LA has the most fans on this board, followed by Knicks, followed by Bulls, and Miami is somewhere far behind all 3 even after The Decision. Every team has it's homer fans... predictably the teams with the most fans have the most homers.

A lot of these "homers" are mostly new users or with a little bit of posts.

Our regulars aren't pretty bad, and the Lakers are one of the best teams in the league so it isn't necessarily being a "homer" for thinking our team has the chance to win night in and night out.

"Kobe fans/Lebron fans", that's a different story.

jackdawson
09-20-2010, 12:46 AM

haha..good explanation. Although I would knicks #3 on that list. I have seen a some rational knicks fans in here. Avenged and Bruno are the lakers rationals, and JB is the only rational bull as I think.

nyanks79
09-20-2010, 12:51 AM
In order for that to happen, your saying the Knicks will have to outscore the Heat via their run and gun style. Since they play no D, wade, bosh and lebron will all abuse them, but you are saying that the Knicks will beat the Heat while playing no D.

:laugh: Must be some good nugs going around NY right now.

Theres no way Im going to sit here and say the Knicks would beat the Heat, but why do you keep saying the Knicks play no D? Can you explain this please. They havent played a game yet. Knicks didnt have Felton, Azu, Turaif, or Randolph all guys who are good defenders. And they retain players like Gallo, Chandler and TD who all played good D last year. Yea Lee, Harrington, Duhon didnt play D at all, but there not on the team anymore. And dont say D'antoni and because they play at a high pace. The team hasnt played a game yet, so can you explain why you keep saying the 2010 Knicks play no D?

Kashmir13579
09-20-2010, 12:51 AM

bro, i love the passion and your always welcome in the knicks forum.

Avenged
09-20-2010, 12:55 AM

Good stuff, especially the bold.

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 01:00 AM

1) LA
2) NY
3) CHI

4) MIA

don't even start bro, just don't

jackdawson
09-20-2010, 01:13 AM
beasted86, good job ;)

IversonIsKrazy
09-20-2010, 01:24 AM
I think Knicks can get one for the sacred MSG. So I went with Miami in 5.

Evolution23
09-20-2010, 01:32 AM
"Charlie Ward inbounding on the right sideline, Houston pops out up top, down the lane, running jumperrr, off the front rim and in."

LOL "Raymond Felton inbounding on the right sideline, Gallinari pops out up top, down the lane, running jumperrr, off the front rim and in."

Evolution23
09-20-2010, 01:44 AM
Theres a lot of immature people here.

Crackadalic
09-20-2010, 02:16 AM
Look on paper and computer simulation heat should win 9 times outta 10 of sweeping or winning in 5 the knicks arent that bad that they cant win at least one game bench between them is more or lesss even but overall heat has a better team as a knick fan i dont like the heat at all and yea i always want the knicks to win but im a realist so can everyone stop talking about how godly better the heat is and how S***y the knicks are just vote what you think and keep it moving

Antipod
09-20-2010, 03:36 AM
heat in 4

silvio
09-20-2010, 08:34 AM
is this nba 2011 on wii?
cuz i don't see the point on a mock playoffs before the season started. what if lebron or wade get injured seriosly?
even if they stay healty - Miami wins the East? give me a break

Niro
09-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Miami sweep

$KnicksAndKobe$
09-20-2010, 10:35 AM

It's bound to happen again

but to be honest gotta give the #1 seed credit so they most likely will win.

KnicksorBust
09-20-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm not even going to bother going through the thread. Don't want to end up with a headache. I'll just say that the Knicks matchup horribly with the Heat so we'd be lucky to win 1 of the home games.

Ace33Bone
09-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Amare would win one or two games on his own... so i say the Heat in 5 or 6

justinnum1
09-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Amare would win one or two games on his own... so i say the Heat in 5 or 6

Rivera
09-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Just like 1999 baby. Knicks in 7.

hahaha yeaa i like the way how this sounds

slyone_nyc
09-20-2010, 12:22 PM
Chalmers<Felton
Wade>>>>>>>>>>>Walker
Lebron>>>>>>>>>>Chandler
if we get Dampier>>Curry

overall

who's dtarters are you matching up with??? Dampier and anthony > NOBODY, THEY ARE BOTH TERRIBLE & WOULDN'T HAVE A CONTRACT IF IT NOT FOR THE HEAT... STAT IS BETTER THAN BOSH, close but he has the edge, HE HAS ACTUALLY PLAYED IN THE PLAYOFF'S AND DID WORK!!! so now you have lebron & wade, who knows how thats going to turn out... yall have 5 GOOD PLAYERS ON PAPER, 5, i said, dont be so over confident as you dont know how things will turn out & ANYTHING can happen...

slyone_nyc
09-20-2010, 12:23 PM
Chalmers<Felton
Wade>>>>>>>>>>>Walker
Lebron>>>>>>>>>>Chandler
if we get Dampier>>Curry

overall

who's starters are you matching up with??? thats not our starting line up guy... Dampier and anthony > NOBODY, THEY ARE BOTH TERRIBLE & WOULDN'T HAVE A CONTRACT IF IT NOT FOR THE HEAT... STAT IS BETTER THAN BOSH, close but he has the edge, HE HAS ACTUALLY PLAYED IN THE PLAYOFF'S AND DID WORK!!! so now you have lebron & wade, who knows how thats going to turn out... yall have 5 GOOD PLAYERS ON PAPER, 5, i said, dont be so over confident as you dont know how things will turn out & ANYTHING can happen...

justinnum1
09-20-2010, 12:36 PM
who's starters are you matching up with??? thats not our starting line up guy... Dampier and anthony > NOBODY, THEY ARE BOTH TERRIBLE & WOULDN'T HAVE A CONTRACT IF IT NOT FOR THE HEAT... STAT IS BETTER THAN BOSH, close but he has the edge, HE HAS ACTUALLY PLAYED IN THE PLAYOFF'S AND DID WORK!!! so now you have lebron & wade, who knows how thats going to turn out... yall have 5 GOOD PLAYERS ON PAPER, 5, i said, dont be so over confident as you dont know how things will turn out & ANYTHING can happen...

:facepalm:

You just confirmed what little you know about Basketball.:facepalm:

Knicks fan thinking the Knicks can beat the Heat in a 7 game series is calling me over confident.:laugh2:

Edit: just say the July 2010 join date...must be a Heat hater.

Da Knicks
09-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Knicks will shock the world!!!!

NYKalltheway
09-20-2010, 01:28 PM
knicks in 7, for old time sake's :D

Kashmir13579
09-20-2010, 01:40 PM

Knicks fan thinking the Knicks can beat the Heat in a 7 game series is calling me over confident.:laugh2:

last night you made a 14 year old cry, since then the best point you've made so far has been ":facepalm:" nobody but yourself thinks you know anything about basketball. congrats on being a heat fan.

Heater4life
09-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Knicks better hope their the 7th seed. Heat in 5

shep33
09-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Heat in 5... I think the energy of the Garden having a playoff game will get them 1 win.

Da Knicks
09-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Knicks better hope their the 7th seed. Heat in 5

heat in 5 in first round, if knicks are 7th seed they will be heat in the second round then.:p

save the knicks
09-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Im going to go Knicks in 7 because dwade will be hurt and we all know lebron and bosh cant handle that pressure!:win:

lol@ everyone freaking out about these polls. They are a joke!. Its way way way to early to predict anything with even a shred of accuracy.

All you guys with crystal balls should be out at Vegas making millions

Heater4life
09-20-2010, 02:35 PM
heat in 5 in first round, if knicks are 7th seed they will be heat in the second round then.:p

lol....hey they dont out play you guys (or anyone for that matter) they deserve to be challenged/beat. No gimmes.

Heater4life
09-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Im going to go Knicks in 7 because dwade will be hurt and we all know lebron and bosh cant handle that pressure!

thank you nostradamus.

bro while your at it, can you PM me the numbers for floridas powerball on wednsday. thanks.

jokes aside, wade hasnt been hurt since 07. its about time people start loosening up on the "injury prone" label. lol

slyone_nyc
09-20-2010, 02:38 PM

sure, i know little about basketball because i said dont be over confident in your team, lol, great comeback to what i posted... btw did i say dont be so over confident in your team against the knicks? lol, NOW THAT HEAT FANS HAVE A GOOD TEAM, THEY MUST FEEL THEY CAN SAY WHATEVER, KINDA REMINDS ME OF HOW CAVS FANS WERE ACTING LAST SEASON, SO COCKY & CONFIDENT... DOES ANYBODY HEAR FROM THOSE CAVS FANS ANYMORE? I THINK NOT!!! smh, so lame... I DIDN'T HEAR ANYTHING FROM HEAT FANS LAST SEASON, HOW ALL OF A SUDDEN HEAT FANS ARE POPPING UP LEFT AND RIGHT CLAIMING THEY'VE BEEN HEAT FANS, WHERE WERE YOU BEFORE.

save the knicks
09-20-2010, 02:41 PM
thank you nostradamus.

bro while your at it, can you PM me the numbers for floridas powerball on wednsday. thanks.

jokes aside, wade hasnt been hurt since 07. its about time people start loosening up on the "injury prone" label. lol

yeah its a joke just like this poll so treat it as such

heat = sweep every round and championship after going 80 and 2 right?

J_M_B
09-20-2010, 02:43 PM
This should be an easy series, Miami in 4.

Heater4life
09-20-2010, 02:46 PM
sure, i know little about basketball because i said dont be over confident in your team, lol, great comeback to what i posted... btw did i say dont be so over confident in your team against the knicks? lol, NOW THAT HEAT FANS HAVE A GOOD TEAM, THEY MUST FEEL THEY CAN SAY WHATEVER, KINDA REMINDS ME OF HOW CAVS FANS WERE ACTING LAST SEASON, SO COCKY & CONFIDENT... DOES ANYBODY HEAR FROM THOSE CAVS FANS ANYMORE? I THINK NOT!!! smh, so lame... I DIDN'T HEAR ANYTHING FROM HEAT FANS LAST SEASON, HOW ALL OF A SUDDEN HEAT FANS ARE POPPING UP LEFT AND RIGHT CLAIMING THEY'VE BEEN HEAT FANS, WHERE WERE YOU BEFORE.

I cant vouch for others, but i can vouch for him. Weve been there. About not hearing from us, well we had Wade and scrubs and the whole world knew we were trying to clear space for 2010, so what was there to talk about? Given the same tone, what were knicks fans prior to 2010. Same boat, not much to talk about until you guys actually had a competitive roster. (which u just built)

Claiming the Heat can beat (should beat) 27/30 teams in the league is not being over-confident its being realistic. if the celts, magic, and lakers can win steadly/easily. why is it far fetched to think lebron, wade, bosh and a decent supporting cast cant? their a top team, deal with it.

Heater4life
09-20-2010, 02:48 PM
yeah its a joke just like this poll so treat it as such

heat = sweep every round and championship after going 80 and 2 right?

i was thinking 98-0....

do u think the knicks can beat the heat? in how many games?

KnicksorBust
09-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Knicks fans this is not a battle worth taking on. Stick to Raptors fans... :laugh:

nyanks79
09-20-2010, 02:56 PM
last night you made a 14 year old cry, since then the best point you've made so far has been ":facepalm:" nobody but yourself thinks you know anything about basketball. congrats on being a heat fan.

Haha and I actually responded to one of his posts because he kept saying the Knicks play no defense, when they havent even played a game yet. But of course he didnt respond. I said can you explain your reasoning and I guess he cant just give a Facepalm and say you dont know anything about basketball, so he chooses to not respond.

save the knicks
09-20-2010, 02:56 PM
i was thinking 98-0....

do u think the knicks can beat the heat? in how many games?

at this point the Heat are the clear favorites. However, i do believe this Knicks roster has the potential to be similar to Dantonis 05/06 suns that snuck up on everyone. If they reach that potential than i think a sweep wouldn't be very likely nor would a first round match up.

i did vote for the knicks in 7 though :-)

Heater4life
09-20-2010, 03:03 PM
at this point the Heat are the clear favorites. However, i do believe this Knicks roster has the potential to be similar to Dantonis 05/06 suns that snuck up on everyone. If they reach that potential than i think a sweep wouldn't be very likely nor would a first round match up.

i did vote for the knicks in 7 though :-)

I didnt think sweep either. but Heat in 5 was my vote. my reasoning is yes the knicks can probably put up points at a high rate (ala suns) but.....

A) do you really want to play fast break ball with lebron and wade on the wings? (fast break basketball leads less organized defensive sets)

B) Who is your defensive stopper? (again, you have two on the wings, ill give you that amare can stop bosh as a benefit of the doubt)

C) Beyond Gallo who is your 3pt threat? Also, who can beat our defensive players off the dribble in order to give shooters space? (i kno amare can do it from the post)

slyone_nyc
09-20-2010, 03:07 PM
I cant vouch for others, but i can vouch for him. Weve been there. About not hearing from us, well we had Wade and scrubs and the whole world knew we were trying to clear space for 2010, so what was there to talk about? Given the same tone, what were knicks fans prior to 2010. Same boat, not much to talk about until you guys actually had a competitive roster. (which u just built)

Claiming the Heat can beat (should beat) 27/30 teams in the league is not being over-confident its being realistic. if the celts, magic, and lakers can win steadly/easily. why is it far fetched to think lebron, wade, bosh and a decent supporting cast cant? their a top team, deal with it.

well i was saying you didnt hear things from heat fans because my knicks were terrible and still you see knicks fan representing there team, mostly defending them from other teams fan bases and the new york media who links us to everything tgat has to do with the nba. i do agree that the heat shoukd dominate, but THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED A GAME & THE KNICKS HAVEN'T PLAYED A GAME... so for him to just say that you guys WON'T HAVE A PROBLEM AGAINST THE KNICKS IS VERY PREMATURE, THE KNICKS DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY HAVE. so, many teams have gotten better to just assume the heat will dominate every team... AND IMO, heat ONLY have 5 good players lbj, wade, bosh, miller & haslem... they rest of your team SHOULDN'T BE IN THE NBA AND PROBABLY WOULDN'T IF THE HEAT HAD OPTIONS.

Ill21
09-20-2010, 03:08 PM
[QUOTE=Heater4life;14942226]
C) Beyond Gallo who is your 3pt threat?

:confused::confused::confused:How about Roger mason, Kelenna Azubuike and Andy Rautins

Heater4life
09-20-2010, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=Heater4life;14942226]
C) Beyond Gallo who is your 3pt threat?

:confused::confused::confused:How about Roger mason, Kelenna Azubuike and Andy Rautins

It was an actual inquiry.... not a sarcastic rhetorical question.

slyone_nyc
09-20-2010, 03:19 PM
I didnt think sweep either. but Heat in 5 was my vote. my reasoning is yes the knicks can probably put up points at a high rate (ala suns) but.....

A) do you really want to play fast break ball with lebron and wade on the wings? (fast break basketball leads less organized defensive sets)

B) Who is your defensive stopper? (again, you have two on the wings, ill give you that amare can stop bosh as a benefit of the doubt)

C) Beyond Gallo who is your 3pt threat? Also, who can beat our defensive players off the dribble in order to give shooters space? (i kno amare can do it from the post)

raymond felton canbeat your defensive players off the dribble... you guys talk about how we woukd matchup against yall, how well do you guts matchup against us?

the C position is un-known on our behalf and yall have 3 bum centers
pf position is cancelled out as amare & bosh are basically the same
sf obviously you guys strongest position but we also have depth at that position
(GALLO, chandler, randolph) EACH PLAYER WILL BE VERY HARD TO MATCHUP WITH ESPECIALLY GALLO AND RANDOLPH...
sg obviously you guys own us at that position
pg obviously we win that position

i know the heat has a great team, well KINDA, but i truly feel we have much more depth on our roster. what happens if 1 of your players go down? yall become a normal team because of you lack of depth...

Heater4life
09-20-2010, 03:21 PM
well i was saying you didnt hear things from heat fans because my knicks were terrible and still you see knicks fan representing there team, mostly defending them from other teams fan bases and the new york media who links us to everything tgat has to do with the nba. i do agree that the heat shoukd dominate, but THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED A GAME & THE KNICKS HAVEN'T PLAYED A GAME... so for him to just say that you guys WON'T HAVE A PROBLEM AGAINST THE KNICKS IS VERY PREMATURE, THE KNICKS DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY HAVE. so, many teams have gotten better to just assume the heat will dominate every team... AND IMO, heat ONLY have 5 good players lbj, wade, bosh, miller & haslem... they rest of your team SHOULDN'T BE IN THE NBA AND PROBABLY WOULDN'T IF THE HEAT HAD OPTIONS.

It is most certainly premature but by no means far fetched. As far as the claim that the Heat ONLY have 5 good players, thats opinion with no basis. Given the fact that great players make great role players (case and point: damon jones 05 season 200+ 3's at 40% shooting, Jason Kapono 100+ 3's at 50% in 07; both of which have underperformed post playing with wade and shaq) Given that, i doubt Eddie House, Mario Chalmers, Joel Anthony, and Zeke cant bring enough to the table to classify them as good role players.

justinnum1
09-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Haha and I actually responded to one of his posts because he kept saying the Knicks play no defense, when they havent even played a game yet. But of course he didnt respond. I said can you explain your reasoning and I guess he cant just give a Facepalm and say you dont know anything about basketball, so he chooses to not respond.

:facepalm: Mike Dantoni tries to outscore his opponents. You think the knicks can outscore the heat? :laugh:

justinnum1
09-20-2010, 03:24 PM
raymond felton canbeat your defensive players off the dribble... you guys talk about how we woukd matchup against yall, how well do you guts matchup against us?

sf obviously you guys strongest position but we also have depth at that position
(GALLO, chandler, randolph) EACH PLAYER WILL BE VERY HARD TO MATCHUP WITH ESPECIALLY GALLO AND RANDOLPH...

i know the heat has a great team, well KINDA, but i truly feel we have much more depth on our roster. what happens if 1 of your players go down? yall become a normal team because of you lack of depth...

Bro, wake up. The Heat got Wade, Bosh , and Lebron, and your talking about matchups:confused:

Wow.

ManningToTyree
09-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Heat in 5

slyone_nyc
09-20-2010, 03:30 PM
It is most certainly premature but by no means far fetched. As far as the claim that the Heat ONLY have 5 good players, thats opinion with no basis. Given the fact that great players make great role players (case and point: damon jones 05 season 200+ 3's at 40% shooting, Jason Kapono 100+ 3's at 50% in 07; both of which have underperformed post playing with wade and shaq) Given that, i doubt Eddie House, Mario Chalmers, Joel Anthony, and Zeke cant bring enough to the table to classify them as good role players.

i agree and understand your pov as i know great players can make average players look great aswell, but these aren't the usual circumstances. you guys have 3 guys to focus your offense around & IT'S GONNA BE VERY DIFFICULT FOR ROLE PLAYERS TO EVEN FIND THERE ROLE UNLESS YOUR NAME IS EDDIE HOUSE, also, you guys don't have any REAL MUSCLE UP FRONT. my point is it's not gonna be a walk in the park.

Heater4life
09-20-2010, 03:32 PM

Your argument has no foundation, if Amare goes injured you guys are a lottery team all over again. So that is a mute point.

Secondly, your assuming our lineup is going to be conventional in reagards to players "official" positions. When everyone following the Heat right now knows, that Lebron and Wade will see minutes at point this year (large minutes) while miller fills out the sg or sf positions. How does felton match up then?

Furthermore, considering you guys are unsettled at center our having "crap centers" is a mum point. Point is, depth is only a factor when supplementing starting talent. The Heat are talented and have adequate depth, while the Knicks might have more "depth" they are less talented.

slyone_nyc
09-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Bro, wake up. The Heat got Wade, Bosh , and Lebron, and your talking about matchups:confused:

Wow.

ahhh, yeah smh, you do have to play DEFENSE IN THE NBA RIGHT? DOES BOSH HAVE D??? wow, just the kinda remark to expect from a heat fan these days...

Heater4life
09-20-2010, 03:34 PM
i agree and understand your pov as i know great players can make average players look great aswell, but these aren't the usual circumstances. you guys have 3 guys to focus your offense around & IT'S GONNA BE VERY DIFFICULT FOR ROLE PLAYERS TO EVEN FIND THERE ROLE UNLESS YOUR NAME IS EDDIE HOUSE, also, you guys don't have any REAL MUSCLE UP FRONT. my point is it's not gonna be a walk in the park.

I dont think they'll need it. different brand of ball.

I dont expect it to be, but they will/should beat less experienced/talented teams with ease.

slyone_nyc
09-20-2010, 03:46 PM
Your argument has no foundation, if Amare goes injured you guys are a lottery team all over again. So that is a mute point.

Secondly, your assuming our lineup is going to be conventional in reagards to players "official" positions. When everyone following the Heat right now knows, that Lebron and Wade will see minutes at point this year (large minutes) while miller fills out the sg or sf positions. How does felton match up then?

Furthermore, considering you guys are unsettled at center our having "crap centers" is a mum point. Point is, depth is only a factor when supplementing starting talent. The Heat are talented and have adequate depth, while the Knicks might have more "depth" they are less talented.

smh, can i get some usage off of your crystal ball? unless you are a basketball scout/expert, how do we become a lottery team if stoudamire goes down? HAVE YOU ALREADY SEEN WHAT KIND OF SEASON GALLO, CHANDLER, RANDOLPH, & FELTON WILL HAVE? and i was ASSUMING YOU LINEUP WILL BE CONVENTIONAL IM ASSUMING OURS WILL BE UNCONVENTIONAL. GREAT TALENT DOESN'T ALWAYS TRANSLATE to wins... ANYWAY ALL THIS TALK ABOUT KNICKS HEAT IRRELEVANT, WE AREN'T COMPETING FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP... yall go head and win the championship and then blast your so called heat haters...

THE MTL
09-20-2010, 03:47 PM
I say the Knicks manage to steal one.

nyanks79
09-20-2010, 03:56 PM
:facepalm: Mike Dantoni tries to outscore his opponents. You think the knicks can outscore the heat? :laugh:

Did you even read my post? I said Im not sitting here saying the Knicks are going to beat the Heat. And your answer has nothing to do with the Knicks ability to play defense. So you just said they play D but have no reasoning?

GMEN4EVER
09-20-2010, 03:59 PM
The knicks have the potential to be a tough match up for the Heat. I'll go through each position to show why. However, remember that in a Heat vs. Knicks matchup you won't be seeing a normal 5 man starting lineup. I think the Heat will start with Wade, Miller, Lebron, Bosh, and Joel Anthony. The Knicks in that situation could counter with Felton, Gallo, Randolph, Amar'e, and Turiaf or Mosgov.

Wade vs Felton:
Obviously wade wins this match up, but remember that Felton is a very tough on ball defender, and has the strength and quickness to really make Wade work hard for his points. He won't outplay Wade, but Felton won't be badly burned constantly here. Plus Wade will have to use a lot of energy on defense with him being the primary on ball defender, that will limit what he brings to the table offensively.

Lebron vs. Randolph
I think Randolph or Chandler is the best option for the knicks in regards to matching up with Lebron. Both players attack the rim well and have a nice mid range game, so they will make it hard for Lebron to roam on defense, something he likes to do a lot of. Also, they both have the size and athleticism to defend Lebron reasonably well. Just like with Wade, the knicks can't shut him down, but they do have the right personel to make Lebron work hard for what he gets. So he'll have a lower efficiency than he'd like.

Miller vs Gallo
I think by the end of the season this will be a clear win for the knicks in this match up. Both players do similar things, but Gallo is on the upswing of his career while Miller is clinging to the last breaths of his prime years.

Bosh vs Amar'e
A close match up, but based on each team's strengths Amar'e is a better fit for what his team needs, so i'll give him a very slight edge here. If Heat fans want to call it even that's fine. I'm also giving a slight edge to Amar'e here because he has a proven track record of really bringing it in the post season, and I question Bosh's ability to ramp it up in the post season, he doesn't seem to have that kind of mentality.

Turiaf/Mosgov vs Joel Anthony/Big Z
Most likely a small edge to the knicks here. Both teams are sup par at the 5 position, but the knicks have the quickness/toughness advantage here, and that'll be helpful in the playoffs. Mosgov could give Big Z some major headaches with his athleticism.

So i've got 2 spots with a clear Heat advantage (Wade and Lebron, obviously going to win their respective matchups), 1 spot with a Knicks advantage (Gallo by then will be better than Miller by a noticeable margin), 1 spot with a slim advantage for the knicks (Center), and 1 spot with the slimmest of advantages for the knicks (Bosh vs Amar'e). After that I think the knicks have a bit better of a bench. Both lineups are going to be very versatile, and the scoring will be very high in the series.

Assessment: Heat are the better team with the 2 biggest match up advantages on the court whenever they want them, but it has the potential to be a very exciting series. If I was actually betting money on it i'd say it's a 5 game series. The knicks are going to have a great offense, catching fire for the majority of 1 game in 5 is pretty likely, so I see them stealing at least a game in this series by virtue of just being spot on one night with their perimeter shooting. Could go 6, but the chances of that look pretty slim. Knicks pulling the upset is highly unlikely, short of all of their young players actually reaching their potential or Melo coming to town the knicks don't have the ability to knock off the Heat in a 7 game series without some major luck or injuries being a factor. I'm a knicks fan, and i'd love nothing more than for the knicks to beat Miami this year, but realistically it doesn't look like a promising match up. We might give the Heat some problems, but I don't think we'd actually be able to pull off a best of 7 series win.

Heater4life
09-20-2010, 04:01 PM
smh, can i get some usage off of your crystal ball? unless you are a basketball scout/expert, how do we become a lottery team if stoudamire goes down? HAVE YOU ALREADY SEEN WHAT KIND OF SEASON GALLO, CHANDLER, RANDOLPH, & FELTON WILL HAVE? and i was ASSUMING YOU LINEUP WILL BE CONVENTIONAL IM ASSUMING OURS WILL BE UNCONVENTIONAL. GREAT TALENT DOESN'T ALWAYS TRANSLATE to wins... ANYWAY ALL THIS TALK ABOUT KNICKS HEAT IRRELEVANT, WE AREN'T COMPETING FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP... yall go head and win the championship and then blast your so called heat haters...

Given the fact that you guys were a lottery team last year winning 29 games and that Stat was your major aquisition. Unless you think turiaf and randolph (g.s won 26 games last year) along with felton and mason merit a 12+ game improvement without Stat.

slyone_nyc
09-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Given the fact that you guys were a lottery team last year winning 29 games and that Stat was your major aquisition. Unless you think turiaf and randolph (g.s won 26 games last year) along with felton and mason merit a 12+ game improvement without Stat.

smh, oklahoma won about that may games the year before last, added serg ibaka and were a much more improved team the following season, NO 1 i know but me predicted they would have that type of season... i know we arent oklahoma, but we have that kind of potential i saw in them last year and i see us as that kind of up coming team... add turiaf, randolph( who hardly played last year ) azubuike, felton, mason and mosgov and im sure that team would make a dramatic improvement.

Rivera
09-20-2010, 04:23 PM
lmao at the knicks havin 28 votes for knicks in 7.....its 1999 all over again!!!!

Chest Rockwell
09-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Heat in 5.

save the knicks
09-20-2010, 04:42 PM
If this series actually happens and is competitive i think it has the potential to spark a major shift in how players/positions are viewed in the NBA

anyone familiar with the "positional revolution"?

slyone_nyc
09-20-2010, 04:43 PM
rivalry renewed

Jonathan2323
09-20-2010, 04:43 PM
ahhh, yeah smh, you do have to play DEFENSE IN THE NBA RIGHT? DOES BOSH HAVE D??? wow, just the kinda remark to expect from a heat fan these days...

He has more D than Amare.

save the knicks
09-20-2010, 04:45 PM
He has more D than Amare.

debatable

CHANGO
09-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Miami in 4!

Da Knicks
09-20-2010, 05:01 PM
Miami in 4!

JUST LIKE 99 CHANGITO!:p

Slimsim
09-20-2010, 05:10 PM

Wow.

And there's only one ball.

justinnum1
09-20-2010, 05:28 PM
And there's only one ball.

Wade and Lebron are both top 10 in assists. What are you trying to say? If the knicks could have gotten Lebron and wade, you wouldn't want them?

WadeKobe
09-20-2010, 05:35 PM
Wade and Lebron are both top 10 in assists. What are you trying to say? If the knicks could have gotten Lebron and wade, you wouldn't want them?

This is so true. Everyone wanted to get any and as many of those 3 as possible. Now that one team accomplished it they all say "well, they're not that good."

Wait, didn't you think your team would be better than it is now if you'd hav gotten them? So, doesn't that make our team better than your team?

Fans are trying everything they can to convince themselves they won't have to see a 68+ win season and an easy cruise through the Eastern Playoffs.

Well, October is coming.

TylerSL
09-20-2010, 05:38 PM
WOW Knick fans. Are you retarted or just haters? Or both? LOL wow you think you accually have a chance. The Celtics tripled teamed Wade and he still owned them. You have to triple team both Wade and Lebron to be able to have a chance to contain them, and Stat plays worse D than Bosh, so they will score on each other. Wade and Lebron would KILL you guys. LOL thinking you can win. Accually its more sad than anything :laugh2:

slyone_nyc
09-20-2010, 05:45 PM
WOW Knick fans. Are you retarted or just haters? Or both? LOL wow you think you accually have a chance. The Celtics tripled teamed Wade and he still owned them. You have to triple team both Wade and Lebron to be able to have a chance to contain them, and Stat plays worse D than Bosh, so they will score on each other. Wade and Lebron would KILL you guys. LOL thinking you can win. Accually its more sad than anything :laugh2:

LOL, so let me get this straight, YOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO THINK YOUR GOING TO WIN WHEN COMPETING IN SPORTS??? LMFAO X1,000,000,000 revise your post wise guy... OBVIOUSLY THIS THREAD IS A ((( J O K E )))

TylerSL
09-20-2010, 05:52 PM
LOL, so let me get this straight, YOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO THINK YOUR GOING TO WIN WHEN COMPETING IN SPORTS??? LMFAO X1,000,000,000 revise your post wise guy... OBVIOUSLY THIS THREAD IS A ((( J O K E )))

ha, this great thing is that your serious LOL :laugh2:

slyone_nyc
09-20-2010, 05:53 PM
yo smh IF THE HEAT DON'T WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS SEASON OMFG I AM COMING AFTER ALL YOU DUDES OUT THERE ACTING LIKE THEY'RE INVINCIABLE!!! ALL OF YOU, AND YES, I HAVE A LIST...

TylerSL
09-20-2010, 05:56 PM
yo smh IF THE HEAT DON'T WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS SEASON OMFG I AM COMING AFTER ALL YOU DUDES OUT THERE ACTING LIKE THEY'RE INVINCIABLE!!! ALL OF YOU, AND YES, I HAVE A LIST...

great life LOL :laugh2:

Slimsim
09-20-2010, 05:57 PM

Of course. But there a good possibility that LBJ won't be averaging near a triple double Since you have to make sure wade and Bosh get their touches and then you don't want to leave out the others. We should wait for at least preseason before we start Judging these teams. For all we know Miami might not even be the number 1 seed they might slip to 2 or 3 injuries do happen.

slyone_nyc
09-20-2010, 05:58 PM
ha, this great thing is that your serious LOL :laugh2:

dude you can talk all the trash you want, smh, its pretty lame if you didnt realize... i know FOR A FACT you werent trying to diss anyones team a few months ago... smh, DO ME A FAVOR AND ENLIGHTEN ME ON WHY YOU FEEL, YOUR NOW IN A POSITION TO DISS SOMEONE ELSES TEAM?

save the knicks
09-20-2010, 06:39 PM
guess this is going to be deleted

footballer2369
09-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Heat in 3. The Knicks quit after they are incapable of scoring a single point.

justinnum1
09-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Heat in 3. The Knicks quit after they are incapable of scoring a single point.

:laugh2: YES!!!!

godolphins
09-20-2010, 09:45 PM
No contest Miami will win in four games

zezak
09-21-2010, 03:51 AM
Miami in 4, won't be that close either.

KnicksorBust
09-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Almost 25% of voters went Knicks. I'm disappointed in our fans. There's being a fan and then there is being a rational human being. Can't we strive for both?

John Walls Era
09-21-2010, 09:59 AM
The lakers are probably going to win the whole thing.

GMEN4EVER
09-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Anyone thinking Miami will breeze through the eastern conference playoffs has a lot to learn about basketball. Miami's defense doesn't look too promising on paper, offensively they're loaded, albeit it would be nice if they had a bit more balance in their scoring in terms of how they do it. Miami will be weak in the low post both offensively and defensively, and they will be mediocre to maybe even below average from 3. Considering that mid range games tend to have meager efficiency numbers their offense won't be as dynamic as some think. This is made up for in a big way with the devastating fast break Miami will have, but there's still potential for them to struggle against more disciplined defensive teams. Not saying they'll suck on offense, far from it, i'm saying they'll have a top 5 offense, but no doubt about it number 1 offense and top 5 all time is a whole other thing that some are too quick to give them.

So what's my point? They'll be a great offensive team, and a mediocre defensive squad. And it's not like we haven't seen those teams before, and they typically struggle in the playoffs. Miami will be a great regular season team, but will struggle in the playoffs relative to what the expecations will be. They'd beat the knicks in a 7 game series most likely in 5 games, giving a nod to a Mike D'antoni coached team inevitably going off once in a while offensively and just blowing you away. But past that first round watch out, Chicago, Orlando, and Boston are not pushovers. Boston in particular could be really hard for the Heat to beat, and unless the Heat sign Dampier I have reservations about favoring them in a match up with Orlando, since it's pretty much impossible to beat Orlando if you can't stop Dwight down low without leaving multiple guys open at the 3pt line.

Not to mention I seriously doubt Miami can topple the Lakers next season. The Lakers have the perfect personel for giving Miami major headaches.

WadeKobe
09-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Anyone thinking Miami will breeze through the eastern conference playoffs has a lot to learn about basketball. Miami's defense doesn't look too promising on paper, offensively they're loaded, albeit it would be nice if they had a bit more balance in their scoring in terms of how they do it. Miami will be weak in the low post both offensively and defensively, and they will be mediocre to maybe even below average from 3. Considering that mid range games tend to have meager efficiency numbers their offense won't be as dynamic as some think. This is made up for in a big way with the devastating fast break Miami will have, but there's still potential for them to struggle against more disciplined defensive teams. Not saying they'll suck on offense, far from it, i'm saying they'll have a top 5 offense, but no doubt about it number 1 offense and top 5 all time is a whole other thing that some are too quick to give them.

So what's my point? They'll be a great offensive team, and a mediocre defensive squad. And it's not like we haven't seen those teams before, and they typically struggle in the playoffs. Miami will be a great regular season team, but will struggle in the playoffs relative to what the expecations will be. They'd beat the knicks in a 7 game series most likely in 5 games, giving a nod to a Mike D'antoni coached team inevitably going off once in a while offensively and just blowing you away. But past that first round watch out, Chicago, Orlando, and Boston are not pushovers. Boston in particular could be really hard for the Heat to beat, and unless the Heat sign Dampier I have reservations about favoring them in a match up with Orlando, since it's pretty much impossible to beat Orlando if you can't stop Dwight down low without leaving multiple guys open at the 3pt line.

Not to mention I seriously doubt Miami can topple the Lakers next season. The Lakers have the perfect personel for giving Miami major headaches.

Lol. On what grounds do you make the statement that a team with an NBA All Defensive First team Small Forward and an NBA All Defensive Second Team Shooting guard (who were #2 and #3 in DPOY), along with a strong shot blocking center who plays good man-to-man low-post defense is going to be mediocre to below average on defense?

Not to mention, their head coach is a defensive specialist who led a team of scrubs to be a top 5 defensive team last year.

I think you need to do a little more research before you say stuff like this.

J_M_B
09-21-2010, 05:03 PM

I hope your joking..

This organization philosophy is defense. The franchise revolves around it. The coaching staff preaches it. There is no doubt, that this team will contribute at the defensive end of the floor.

Miami has two of the better all around defenders in the league. Both James and Wade placed #2 and #3 in the DOY award respectively. A little bit after James announced his decision, he said that his goal was to be the best defensive player in this league. The interior defense will be anchored by Joel Anthony, a defensive specialist. He's a great help defender, very mobile, and a phenomenal shot blocker. Joel has a small frame at 6'9, but this guy can hold his ground, evident by Dwight's numbers when matched up against him.

Don't worry about our defense, we'll be fine..

godolphins
09-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Who to say that the knicks even makes the playoff?

justinnum1
09-21-2010, 05:15 PM

You couldn't be any more wrong :facepalm:

jackdawson
09-21-2010, 05:33 PM

THIS. I would think Indiana and Nets have better chances.

DMasta718
09-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Nets?

Anyway, Miami in 5 and I'm just being nice.

scutch11
09-21-2010, 06:42 PM

ummm the psd vote for the playoff seedings says it. so basically the majority of the psd nba forum says it. thats who :facepalm:

justinnum1
09-21-2010, 07:00 PM
ummm the psd vote for the playoff seedings says it. so basically the majority of the psd nba forum says it. thats who :facepalm:

:facepalm: What PSD fan base think and what will transpire are two totally different things.

I seriously doubt the Knicks will finish with a better record than

Miami
Orlando
Boston
Atlanta
Milawaukee
Chicago
Philly
Washington

kjoke
09-21-2010, 07:03 PM
14 14 4 number of post in the other threads

197 in this one alone

Bnice267
09-21-2010, 07:22 PM
pacers in 5

scutch11
09-21-2010, 07:22 PM

:facepalm: What PSD fan base think and what will transpire are two totally different things.

I seriously doubt the Knicks will finish with a better record than

Miami
Orlando
Boston
Atlanta
Milawaukee
Chicago
Philly
Washington

he asked a question, and i answered it. correctly by the way so i dont think that warrants a facepalm.

also, about those teams you listed, thats your opinion. and probably a somewhat biased one at that, because i know im biased against the heat, as im sure most heat fans are biased against the knicks. id be pretty surprised if the knicks dont snag the 7 or 8 seed. while the 76ers, wizards, nets, knicks, etc are all young and will need time to gel, none of those teams have a star like amar'e to carry the load or take over. and it seems as though the majority of posters on here agree with me, as the vote showed.

jimm120
09-21-2010, 07:43 PM
There's so many replies because Knicks fan actually think they stand a chance..

OR maybe because there are so many people in denial.

Knicks in the 8th seed? lol. They even have a chance at going as the #1 seed next season.

In game 7, the

or

the 20 second mark

Beauty

justinnum1
09-21-2010, 07:47 PM
OR maybe because there are so many people in denial.

Knicks in the 8th seed? lol. They even have a chance at going as the #1 seed next season.

In game 7, the

or

the 20 second mark

Beauty
:smoking:

Kashmir13579
09-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Almost 25% of voters went Knicks. I'm disappointed in our fans. There's being a fan and then there is being a rational human being. Can't we strive for both?

in NY there is no such thing. guess your not from around here. it is literally almost impossible for us to admit we will lose to the heat. thats why i picked knicks in 7. admitting defeat means that you might as well not even watch the games. ya gotta route for your team man; we got the best fans on the planet to do so every night.

jimm120
09-21-2010, 07:58 PM
in NY there is no such thing. guess your not from around here. it is literally almost impossible for us to admit we will lose to the heat. thats why i picked knicks in 7. admitting defeat means that you might as well not even watch the games. ya gotta route for your team man; we got the best fans on the planet to do so every night.

Dude...you're talking about as if you're in denial.

And I can tell you that we are NOT in denial.

Knicks can truly be a 55 win team IF DumbAntoni doesn't decide to crap our players away, bench them for no reason, or just destroy chemistry by not communicating with players.

Knicks got the 3rd best Free agent this year. ...and 3rd best was still a GREAT thing considering the 2010 free agency period. They did wonders with the Lee trade (they really got back someone that could be WAY better and even if not better, can still be an ok producer).

So yes, the Knicks could have a good chance to win. Hell, IF DumbAntoni would have done things better, he would have had a MUCH better year in 2008 with Marbury running the show and in 2009, with Nate running the show, with Curry at least increasing his value.

And I know this might sound strange, but I can really see the Knicks battling the Heat for the #1 seed...though I don't think the Knicks could battle Boston or Orlando quite as well for the top seeds. But definitely can obtain the #1 seed from the Heat.

justinnum1
09-21-2010, 08:10 PM

Knicks can truly be a 55 win team IF DumbAntoni doesn't decide to crap our players away, bench them for no reason, or just destroy chemistry by not communicating with players.

Knicks got the 3rd best Free agent this year. ...and 3rd best was still a GREAT thing considering the 2010 free agency period. They did wonders with the Lee trade (they really got back someone that could be WAY better and even if not better, can still be an ok producer).

So yes, the Knicks could have a good chance to win. Hell, IF DumbAntoni would have done things better, he would have had a MUCH better year in 2008 with Marbury running the show and in 2009, with Nate running the show, with Curry at least increasing his value.

And I know this might sound strange, but I can really see the Knicks battling the Heat for the #1 seed...though I don't think the Knicks could battle Boston or Orlando quite as well for the top seeds. But definitely can obtain the #1 seed from the Heat.
:eyebrow: I stopped reading after that.

jimm120
09-21-2010, 08:22 PM
:eyebrow: I stopped reading after that.

:)

no...really...

beasted86
09-21-2010, 09:21 PM

This made me chuckle.

Twistedheat
09-21-2010, 09:37 PM
Miami owns this series. The Knicks win one game.

GMEN4EVER
09-22-2010, 09:25 AM
Lol. On what grounds do you make the statement that a team with an NBA All Defensive First team Small Forward and an NBA All Defensive Second Team Shooting guard (who were #2 and #3 in DPOY), along with a strong shot blocking center who plays good man-to-man low-post defense is going to be mediocre to below average on defense?

Not to mention, their head coach is a defensive specialist who led a team of scrubs to be a top 5 defensive team last year.

I think you need to do a little more research before you say stuff like this.

Dude, do your own research. Lebron is a vastly over rated defender. He gets a lot of hype for those come from behind blocks, but he does not bring in consistently on the defensive end. Now if you wanna say he'll do that more now that he doesn't have to shoulder as much of the load on offense, i'd be willing to accept that argument.

Oh and to save you a little time on research, the cavs last year were 1.8 pts per 100 possessions worse on defense with Lebron on the court. Where's the great defense there? All NBA defensive teams are not based on stats, just like getting into the all star game there's popularity factored in. It's not to the same degree that we see in the all star votes, but it's still a big factor none the less.

Wade is a great defender, not even going to try agruing that one. And I assume you're talking about Joel Anthony as that defensive center. You do realize he sells out for those blocks, which is why he has one of the worse rebound rates among all centers. He is a decent low post defender, and does good work defending the pick and roll. But he's also 6'9" tall, vastly undersized as a center. Plus he's absolutely worthless on offense, with a pathetic usage and turnover rate. And your next best center can only hit mid range jumpers, that's it. And Bosh is a terrible defender at the power forward spot. So yeah, you guys do have terrible post defense outside of Joel Anthony, who does nothing else well except defend. He's a poor man's version of Ben Wallace on defense, without the rebounding.

Overall, Miami will be no better than mediocre on defense. And as far as saying they did so well on defense last year, well a lot of those players aren't around anymore, they gutted that team to sign the new players. Miami will have solid wing defense, and bad front court defense. And the reason why i'm saying Miami will struggle defensively in the post season past the first round is because they don't have anyone who can guard Dwight Howard or Shaq, heck even Jermaine O'Neal might give them issues. That's there top two competitiors in the eastern conference, and my overall point was that Miami will not be able to just walk through the playoffs this year, they will have a very tough time advancing to the finals. Joel Anthony is good on defense, but he struggles against bigger centers, something Orlando (Dwight and Gortat) and Boston (JO and Shaq) have on their roster. Not to mention the Lakers Bynum will wipe the court with the Heat Centers if he's healthy come finals time.

faze38
09-22-2010, 05:03 PM
Why people keep bring up the last years Knicks team makes me laugh this is a new team with an unstoppable PF in Amare as far as Bosh being better then Amare no way! Amare is a true PF he bangs in the paint unlike soft ***** Bosh who settles for his mid-range jumper. Back to the question tho I may be a little biased because I'm a Knicks fan but the Knicks length will cause some trouble for Miami if they play in the first round which I don't see happening! With that said i would have to say Miami wins the series 4-2. All tough games tho!