PDA

View Full Version : How far could a healthy and cooperative Blazer's team go in the playoffs?

29$JerZ
09-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Let's say Greg Oden, Joell Pryzbilla stay injury free all year.
Rudy gives up on getting traded and just gets back to playing ball.
No injury setbacks. How far could they go in the playoffs with a healthy squad for once?

Do they have a championship caliber roster yet? Or are they still to young or missing a piece?

Hawkeye15
09-19-2010, 10:43 AM
I choose WCF, but if their main parts are healthy, the sky is the limit for them

OGMarkWahlberg
09-19-2010, 10:44 AM
A Healthy Portland TrailBlazers is a title contender in my opinion. You hav an experienced pg a superstar sg plenty of wingman (Fernandez Batum Matthews) then you hav two potential all star bigman in Lamarcus Ladridge and Greg Oden (On top of Marcus Camby and Joel Pryzbilla off the bench) Their Bench team is solid too with bayless fernandez matthes pryzbilla camby...they have all the pieces the only problem is if they will EVER be healthy

llemon
09-19-2010, 10:50 AM
No injury setbacks. How far could they go in the playoffs with a healthy squad for once?

Do they have a championship caliber roster yet? Or are they still to young or missing a piece?

Depends.

Are all the other NBA teams healthy and cooperative also?

Hawkeye15
09-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Depends.

Are all the other NBA teams healthy and cooperative also?

I would assume all the major players, yep. I mean, it won't change your opinion on this poll if Minnesota isn't 100% haha

JordansBulls
09-19-2010, 10:53 AM

They can get to the finals, but I doubt they are good enough to win it all.

Khalifa21
09-19-2010, 10:58 AM
The team has all the talent necessary to make a genuine push for a title. If they're all healthy for the whole season I can see WCF's or Finals as a legit target.

llemon
09-19-2010, 11:02 AM
They can get to the finals, but I doubt they are good enough to win it all.

If they can get passed the Lakers, they are good enough to win it all.

Avenged
09-19-2010, 11:20 AM
I'm a big believer in "playoff experience".. I've seen teams been beat because they don't have it. Veteran teams who don't have a lot of talent compared to the opposition come out on top.. I'm not talking 1st round, early 2nd round exits.. I'm talking a deep playoff run, that's the only way I see Portland winning it all if healthy. Other than that, a WCF appearance (probably) Finals should not be out of the possibility.

SA5195
09-19-2010, 11:22 AM
2nd round, maybe WCF

Hellcrooner
09-19-2010, 11:40 AM
Second round.

They need to upgrade the PG position.

Antipod
09-19-2010, 11:47 AM
If they stay healthy and finish 2nd/3rd aka don`t meet LAL in the second round, then WCF.

Kashmir13579
09-19-2010, 03:51 PM
I would assume all the major players, yep. I mean, it won't change your opinion on this poll if Minnesota isn't 100% haha

honestly man i could see minni making some noise out there. they could be the 09-10 raps of the west. klove, and my two syracuse superstars will most likely bring a winning atmosphere back to the twin cities (something they have not had for a while) EDIT: (OFF-TOPIC)

Ovratd1up
09-19-2010, 04:18 PM
Deep. Very deep.

mvb815
09-19-2010, 04:46 PM
i don't see them beating the thunder, let alone the lakers

Patman
09-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Voted WCF, but this is a could be even if fully healthy the West has enough Teams in my opinion that can make the WCF if they're healthy. But they have the talent to do it. Ireally hope that Oden gets a good injury free season and can show that he's not a bust. But in the end they will have to compete with the Lakers, OKC, Dallas, Utah and San Antonio for that spot. We'll see how it plays out.

VinceCarter
09-19-2010, 05:06 PM
A healthy duo of Greg Oden and Brandon Roy could easily make the Finals (with chemistry around the team too of course).

Geargo Wallace
09-19-2010, 05:13 PM
anything is possibleeeeeeeeeeeeee

jackdawson
09-19-2010, 05:15 PM
If Oden, Roy, and Aldridge stay healthy all year and come with full strength in the playoffs, they will reach the finals IMO.

JordansBulls
09-19-2010, 08:20 PM
If they can get passed the Lakers, they are good enough to win it all.

Yes, but they aren't going to beat two good/great teams is the point I was making.

kArSoN RyDaH
09-19-2010, 09:30 PM

i would assume he meant houston and la being fully healthy.

with a healthy la going into the playoffs i dont think they can be stopped no matter how healthy any western conference team is.

thats why i voted WCF for them.