Gators123
09-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Lakers

Giaps
09-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Still the Lakers

asandhu23
09-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Warriors have Andris Biedrins, David Lee, Dorell Wright, Ekpe Udoh, Brandan Wright, Lou Amundson. Do you think its good enough to be up there?

Hustlenomics
09-18-2010, 11:48 PM
Warriors have Andris Biedrins, David Lee, Dorell Wright, Ekpe Udoh, Brandan Wright, Lou Amundson. Do you think its good enough to be up there?

6 people on the court? what are they the blazers? :cool:

JordansBulls
09-18-2010, 11:48 PM

Not sure what there starting 3 are though.

JordansBulls
09-18-2010, 11:49 PM
If you know any other froncourts of C, PF, SF for sure then I'll add them as well.

asandhu23
09-18-2010, 11:49 PM
6 people on the court? what are they the blazers? :cool:

No I put them up there because no one knows how the starters are going to end up looking. Knowing Don Nelson, we are going to have insane amount of starting lineups again

John Walls Era
09-18-2010, 11:50 PM
Lakers or Heat. Best SF and one of the best PFs. Big Z can also stretch the floor.

Gators123
Batum/Aldridge/Oden is pretty good. obviously not the best though.

asandhu23
Not sure what there starting 3 are though.

I am guessing Andris Biedrins, David Lee and Dorell Wright

Hawkeye15
09-18-2010, 11:55 PM
I realize this is for starters only, but the Lakers are a runaway due to Odom coming off the bench or filling in for injury.
Lakers by a mile. It won them a championship this year

asandhu23
09-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Oh wait. Forgot about Reggie Williams. So its Andris Biedrins, David Lee and Reggie Williams. Damn Warriors finally have some height. 8 players within 6-9 to 6-11 range

Amundson, Biedrins, Gadzuric, Lee, Radmanovich, Udoh, D Wright, B Wright

daleja424
09-18-2010, 11:59 PM
Thats tough but I think that Bosh or Gasol is pretty much a wash...so it comes down to this... would you rather have Lebron and Joel Anthony (The actual likliest starter) on the court or Artest and Bynum? No suprise here... Im going with the Lebron one...

also Hawkeye, if you count Odom then you have to count Haslem and Mike Miller for Miami...

Hawkeye15
09-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Thats tough but I think that Bosh or Gasol is pretty much a wash...so it comes down to this... would you rather have Lebron and Joel Anthony (The actual likliest starter) on the court or Artest and Bynum? No suprise here... Im going with the Lebron one...

also Hawkeye, if you count Odom then you have to count Haslem and Mike Miller for Miami...

without turning this into a bench debate, the Lakers have the depth to have the best starting front court in the NBA. Odom gets enough starts to bring into this debate.
Over an 82 game season, their are usually 4-5 players who get monster minutes up front, and many teams that have 4-5 get a lot of starts up front.

PrettyBoyJ
09-19-2010, 12:10 AM
Lakers, there front court provide Offense and Defense...

Avenged
09-19-2010, 12:14 AM
Odom plays starter minutes, I know bench players aren't taken into account but with Odom coming off the bench, they're really, really good.

I think Bynum is taken lightly, but the guy has a lot of potential. We've seen what he can do when healthy, (I hope we can remain fully healthy :pray:)

The Heat are sort of weak on the 5, Bynum has a really good offensive game for a Center and has good post moves and foot work. His D is also really good.

Pau and Amare (2 elite PFs)

And Lebron is greater than any SF the Lakers throw at them..

I'd say it's a wash between LAL and MIA starter wise.. But taking into account the whole frontcourt (bench) I'd take the Lakers.

mcyz
09-19-2010, 12:22 AM
all you all overlookig the celts again. i know shouldas dont count but barring injury they woulda three-peated last year

Storch
09-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Can we discuss bigs only? C and PF please. SF makes it more complicated, because it has always been a position that plays both the frontcourt and backcourt duties.

Lakers got my vote, and it was not a homer vote.

Avenged
09-19-2010, 12:26 AM
all you all overlookig the celts again. i know shouldas dont count but barring injury they woulda three-peated last year

As a team, nobody is overlooking them..

But their frontcourt isn't as impressive as others.

Shaq/KG/Pierce is good but not the best. Shaq is just a shell of his old self.. And KG has shown his decline.

Perkins(when he gets back from injury)/KG/Pierce is even better, but again, all you've really added there is defense..

mcyz
09-19-2010, 12:38 AM
As a team, nobody is overlooking them..

But their frontcourt isn't as impressive as others.

Shaq/KG/Pierce is good but not the best. Shaq is just a shell of his old self.. And KG has shown his decline.

Perkins(when he gets back from injury)/KG/Pierce is even better, but again, all you've really added there is defense..

kg was startin to look like the old kg at the end of the year. if he is 100% this year ya all in trouble.

Hawkeye15
09-19-2010, 12:39 AM

injuries happen when your average age is 80

whitemamba33
09-19-2010, 12:40 AM
If Bynum finds another way to get injured this season, I like the Heat's front court. Otherwise, I think the Lakers got the best starting front court in the league, and some depth to go with it.

I WILL SAY as a sidenote, that I am very excited to see what Greg Oden does this season. There was a point last season where it seeme like something just "clicked" and he decided to assert himself more into the game, and he started putting up some of the results that people were expecting from him. Obviously I don't think the Blazers have the best frontcourt in the league, but I'll be watching him this season.

Avenged
09-19-2010, 12:42 AM
kg was startin to look like the old kg at the end of the year. if he is 100% this year ya all in trouble.

Even if he gets 100% healthy, he will never be the KG of old.

Htownballa1622
09-19-2010, 12:49 AM

Coulda woulda shoulda.i don't think they would have and I'm a rockets fan.

Id have to go lakers for this poll

Cano4prez
09-19-2010, 12:51 AM
Lakers

justinnum1
09-19-2010, 12:53 AM

:eyebrow:

Wade>You
09-19-2010, 01:02 AM
Even if he gets 100% healthy, he will never be the KG of old.I agree, the old KG was a B-E-A-S-T. He facilitated a good chunk of the T'Wolves offense.

mcyz
09-19-2010, 01:03 AM
Coulda woulda shoulda.i don't think they would have and I'm a rockets fan.

Id have to go lakers for this poll

took orlando to 7 games 2 years ago after loosin kg and powe. had big baby startin and nobody behind him. had lakers down 3-2 this year then lost perk.
not gonna be short handed up front this year. just hope paul kg and ray can still play.

kobe_23chembace
09-19-2010, 01:48 AM
lakers

Kashmir13579
09-19-2010, 01:53 AM
not tryin to be a homer but randolph/amare/gallo should at least be up there.

rockets-fan
09-19-2010, 02:24 AM
voted for rockets cause i love there front court yao,scola and battier is a offensive and defense threat...but i need to be realistic...lakers take it

Htownballa1622
09-19-2010, 02:27 AM
took orlando to 7 games 2 years ago after loosin kg and powe. had big baby startin and nobody behind him. had lakers down 3-2 this year then lost perk.
not gonna be short handed up front this year. just hope paul kg and ray can still play.

I understand what you are saying but that's like me saying"rockets woulda beat l.a.couple years ago had yao not gone out.or even if tracy was healthy".its all..coulda woulda shoulda...so u cant say celtics WOULDA beat l.a.

pd1dish
09-19-2010, 02:31 AM
i would like to say the lakers but bynum has such a hard time staying healthy. also, artest may be one of the most overrated players in the league. he gets all this love for how he plays on D, but the way he plays on offense (with exception to the nba finals) hurts him so much. hes like the kid on your team that never makes a shot and when he finally makes one, he thinks that he cant miss and automatically takes a shot the next time he gets the ball.

i said the heat because lebron is arguably the best player in the nba and bosh is a very solid big man who has no problem scoring.

curtie74
09-19-2010, 02:59 AM
I like memphis 2 with marc/zbo/gay

WadeKobe
09-19-2010, 03:06 AM
I think most people are not really giving the Heat enough credit. It's also a bit of a flawed question. Let me explain.

If the question is "who has more talent" then it's really hard to say. Quite possibly the Lakers, but I'm really not sure you can say that.

What does "best" mean? "Best for their role"? In which case, Joel Anthony is very, very good. His job is going to be playing interior D and blocking shots. He also has a very long wing-span for his height and plays more like 6'11''. However, he's worse offensively than Artest - by a lot. But, he doesn't need to be able to do anything but catch a pass 2 feet from the basket or put a ball back off the rim. So, is he as "bad" as maybe his overall talent is? Is Bynum as much of an "advantage" as most think he is?

For instance, Pau (#2 PF) isn't better than Bosh (#3 PF) by a wide margin.

Since LeBron and Bynum (Score, defend, pass... aka do a lot) have similar roles and Artest and Anthony have similar roles (Play defense, play a little more defense, and put in a random open basket from your range) we should compare them in those pairs.

LeBron is way, way, way better than Bynum. It's not even close.

Artest is surely better than Anthony, though the fact is that neither of them are going to be very great at stopping their assigned man. They'll be able to limit them, but that's it. They'll be about equally as effective as one another at their given roles.

Is the advantage of Artest>Anthony and Pau>Bosh enough to make up for how much better LeBron is at his role than Bynum is?

I'm not sure you can say it is. It's close. Not to mention, there really is not such thing as a "healthy Bynum." It hasn't existed so far. He was healthy 1 out of 5 seasons. You don't just suddenly start getting healthy after that. Also, it's hard to believe that he's as good as he's hyped to be, because those injuries take a toll on your ability.

He's very good but he's never been super effective and is almost always hurt.

Because of this I have to give the edge to the Heat. It's a slight one, but I think it is there.

If Bynum is healthy and playing up to potential, I might give it to the Lakers. Maybe. But I just don't think that (a) he is healthy and (b) his potential is as high as we think after all the injuries and missed time.

aZekuiS
09-19-2010, 03:13 AM
Lakers. Also Odom played more minutes last season than Bynum, so he should be included.

DeZonia
09-19-2010, 03:16 AM
I think most people are not really giving the Heat enough credit. It's also a bit of a flawed question. Let me explain.

If the question is "who has more talent" then it's really hard to say. Quite possibly the Lakers, but I'm really not sure you can say that.

What does "best" mean? "Best for their role"? In which case, Joel Anthony is very, very good. His job is going to be playing interior D and blocking shots. He also has a very long wing-span for his height and plays more like 6'11''. However, he's worse offensively than Artest - by a lot. But, he doesn't need to be able to do anything but catch a pass 2 feet from the basket or put a ball back off the rim. So, is he as "bad" as maybe his overall talent is? Is Bynum as much of an "advantage" as most think he is?

For instance, Pau (#2 PF) isn't better than Bosh (#3 PF) by a wide margin.

Since LeBron and Bynum (Score, defend, pass... aka do a lot) have similar roles and Artest and Anthony have similar roles (Play defense, play a little more defense, and put in a random open basket from your range) we should compare them in those pairs.

LeBron is way, way, way better than Bynum. It's not even close.

Artest is surely better than Anthony, though the fact is that neither of them are going to be very great at stopping their assigned man. They'll be able to limit them, but that's it. They'll be about equally as effective as one another at their given roles.

Is the advantage of Artest>Anthony and Pau>Bosh enough to make up for how much better LeBron is at his role than Bynum is?

I'm not sure you can say it is. It's close. Not to mention, there really is not such thing as a "healthy Bynum." It hasn't existed so far. He was healthy 1 out of 5 seasons. You don't just suddenly start getting healthy after that. Also, it's hard to believe that he's as good as he's hyped to be, because those injuries take a toll on your ability.

He's very good but he's never been super effective and is almost always hurt.

Because of this I have to give the edge to the Heat. It's a slight one, but I think it is there.

If Bynum is healthy and playing up to potential, I might give it to the Lakers. Maybe. But I just don't think that (a) he is healthy and (b) his potential is as high as we think after all the injuries and missed time.

This is well writen, BUT doesn't really make sense. How can you compare Lebron and Bynum? When Bynum isn't injured he plays very well (even when injured he can put big numbers). He has a lot of time to rest, we aren't talking about 82 games later are we? (i'm not sure, that is why i ask the question) Artest and Lebron have to be compared here because they play the same position and Bynum needs to be compared to the other Center.

As for Pau and Bosh, I haven't seen Bosh play. But he has a lot to prove being the 3rd option on a team with Lebron and Wade. Pau has proved how amazing he can be not being the #1 option. Plus he is 7'0 and is amazing at rebounding and just getting better at defense.

If we start comparing like you did we will soon be comparing CP3 with Howard...

shep33
09-19-2010, 03:52 AM
Lakers frontcourt is the best in the league I think. I put them ahead of Miami, just because of the defense factor. Really Bosh, Big Z, and even Lebron are not known for defending one on one. But Artest, Bynum, and Gasol (who is the weakest of the 3 probably), are all better defenders than each of those guys, no question about it.

BradyIsTheMan12
09-19-2010, 04:00 AM
How are the Blazers not on here? Camby is a beast, Oden will be healthy, and Pryzbilla should be healthy a little bit into the season. The Blazers are being cautious with Oden this year, he will be ready to go and him and Camby will be the toughest defense inside in the NBA. Don't forget that Batum is one of the best up an coming defenders in the NBA as well. I haven't even mentioned Aldridge who has put on 20 pounds of muscle this off-season.

This unit will be recognized as the best front-court in the NBA once the season is over, I don't have any reservations in saying that.

bolts4ever
09-19-2010, 04:01 AM
Lakers Frontcourt could indivudually put up 20 and 10 individually if they really wanted to.

Artest/Bynum/Gasol

Artest will be much more fluid in the Triangle in his 2nd year and IF Bynum stays HEALTHY!!! Gasol is arguably the best BIG MAN in the game. Its not even close.

Jenceman
09-19-2010, 04:40 AM
injuries happen when your average age is 80

:laugh:

Jenceman
09-19-2010, 04:41 AM
How are the Blazers not on here? Camby is a beast, Oden will be healthy, and Pryzbilla should be healthy a little bit into the season. The Blazers are being cautious with Oden this year, he will be ready to go and him and Camby will be the toughest defense inside in the NBA. Don't forget that Batum is one of the best up an coming defenders in the NBA as well. I haven't even mentioned Aldridge who has put on 20 pounds of muscle this off-season.

This unit will be recognized as the best front-court in the NBA once the season is over, I don't have any reservations in saying that.

Lolz.

ryder78c
09-19-2010, 04:57 AM
Lolz.

stop laughing at ur rams! hahaaaaa i cant though..... guarantee lakers will have trouble in P-O they always do!

anybody who voted heat WADE isnt included it might as well be Bosh/Lebron i could drive on big slowZ

Blazers front court

ODEN/Priz
LA/CAMBY

BradyIsTheMan12
09-19-2010, 05:20 AM
Lolz.

What's so funny? I'm curious as to why my prognosis is so off-base.

Knicks21
09-19-2010, 06:31 AM

Knicks21
09-19-2010, 06:31 AM
Still Lakers. Its hard to say without seeing the Heat play a game yet.

Khalifa21
09-19-2010, 06:45 AM
Heat

Hawkeye15
09-19-2010, 10:45 AM
What's so funny? I'm curious as to why my prognosis is so off-base.

purely for health reasons. You would have a very stout argument if those players could just keep upright.

OGMarkWahlberg
09-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Cant pass up on Bosh and Lebron over Gasol and artest...lets be honest Big Z and Bynum are always hurt

Hawkeye15
09-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Cant pass up on Bosh and Lebron over Gasol and artest...lets be honest Big Z and Bynum are always hurt

I would take Bosh/LeBron over Gasol/Artest all day any day. The reason the Lakers have the best is their depth to be able to start at. Pau, Odom, Artest, and Bynum all start plenty of games. That lineup hasn't been beat, and was the main reason they won the championship this season. Sorry, Kobe is great, but with their big men defending the paint, he was allowed to be pretty bad here and there.

TO Rapz
09-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Lakers.

Avenged
09-19-2010, 11:16 AM
I would take Bosh/LeBron over Gasol/Artest all day any day. The reason the Lakers have the best is their depth to be able to start at. Pau, Odom, Artest, and Bynum all start plenty of games. That lineup hasn't been beat, and was the main reason they won the championship this season. Sorry, Kobe is great, but with their big men defending the paint, he was allowed to be pretty bad here and there.

As much as it pains me (or any other Laker fan) you're absolutely correct. Our frontcourt (mainly the 4 and 5) is the major reason Kobe can have an "off" night and the Lakers still come out on top. I mean, the perfect example of that was game 7 in the Finals.

The team has top talent and they have a perfect complimentary role players which benefit Kobe a lot more at his age.

Hawkeye15
09-19-2010, 11:18 AM
As much as it pains me (or any other Laker fan) you're absolutely correct. Our frontcourt (mainly the 4 and 5) is the major reason Kobe can have an "off" night and the Lakers still come out on top. I mean, the perfect example of that was game 7 in the Finals.

The team has top talent and they have a perfect complimentary role players which benefit Kobe a lot more at his age.

that is all I meant really. Obviously you take Kobe off that team and the frontcourt would only get you to the playoffs, or maybe round 2 tops.
But their size and defensive ability, combined with their offensive efficiency in the smaller amount of looks they get, cover up a lot of off nights Kobe may have.

randomness
09-19-2010, 11:25 AM
It would be between the Heat and the Lakers for me. I chose the Heat.

topdog
09-19-2010, 12:44 PM
I voted Lakers, but I'm eager to see how the Spurs do with Splitter and Jefferson in his 2nd year.

Ovratd1up
09-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Portland should be on here, but since Batum and Oden are ridiculously underrated, they won't.

But Memphis would also get a lot of consideration here with Gay, Randolph, and Gasol. That's at least a lot better than Ariza/West/Okafor.

Oh and also, Joel Anthony > Big Z and Kendrick Perkins > Shaq.

HoopsDrive
09-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Gonna go with the Heat here.

AK-47
09-19-2010, 02:24 PM
I think the jazz could at least be up there on the poll with Okur/Jefferson/Kirilenko or Millsap

jackdawson
09-19-2010, 02:56 PM
I realize this is for starters only, but the Lakers are a runaway due to Odom coming off the bench or filling in for injury.
Lakers by a mile. It won them a championship this year

Really? This is talking about only starters. Big Z is the only weak point for the Heat. Bosh and Gasol are neck to neck, may be with a slight favor toward Gasol (again we don't know yet what Bosh can do playing alongside a superster, I meant two superstars), Bynum is better than Big Z but I think the difference between LeBron and Artest is more than enough to make it up. I agree Lakers front-court is more balanced with Odom. But talking only about the starters and saying they are better my a mile is just odd IMO.

YoungOne
09-19-2010, 03:20 PM
i don't think that Big Z and Chandler will be starters..

Patman
09-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Voted for the Lakers frontcourt, main reason for me was that they were the reason the Lakers got a title this year and are extremely hard to beat even when Kobe has bad Games.
And for me the SF is more of a backcourt player. Sorry but i would never consider Lebron anything other than a perimeter Player. This applies to nearly all of these SF and under that viewpoint it isn't even close.

rockets-fan
09-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Voted for the Lakers frontcourt, main reason for me was that they were the reason the Lakers got a title this year and are extremely hard to beat even when Kobe has bad Games.
And for me the SF is more of a backcourt player. Sorry but i would never consider Lebron anything other than a perimeter Player. This applies to nearly all of these SF and under that viewpoint it isn't even close.

if were viewing it like you point of view...the best have to be lakers,bulls,rockets imo...talent wise i pick lakers, rockets bulls in that order...but knowing that health will be argued against me i choose lakers bulls rockets in that order

bynum<yao(if both are healthy)
scola<gasol(obviuosly gasol wins but scola is still pretty darn good)

ramz.n
09-19-2010, 08:15 PM
gotta say the rockets ..yao if healthy is arguably the best center in the league..scola even though is undersize has played huge and is really impressive during international play..and battier..great defender.

st3voness
09-19-2010, 08:28 PM
You got the Mavericks wrong.

If Beaubois isn't back in time for the season opener, it will be Marion/Dirk/Haywood. Once Beaubois is back, Butler slides to the 3 ... Butler/Dirk/Haywood. Chandler is coming off the bench either way.

dc5jdm
09-19-2010, 08:55 PM
Lakers have the best front court, followed by celtics

avrpatsfan
09-19-2010, 09:01 PM
Tie between Lakers and heat.

kArSoN RyDaH
09-19-2010, 09:10 PM
heat have a lot of votes. im surprised. as good as lebron and bosh are i dont think big z puts them anywhere near the top. big z being outmatched by any elite big is what will get them in trouble.

xxcubs22xx
09-19-2010, 11:04 PM
Idk quite honestly.

There are quite a few teams on that list who could suddenly jump out by the end of this season.

sargon21
09-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Anyone agree with:

Lakers
Heat
Bulls
Celtics
(maybe Mavs?)

edit: IMO rockets are irrelevent with Yao only playing 24mpg

xxcubs22xx
09-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Anyone agree with:

Lakers
Heat
Bulls
Celtics
(maybe Mavs?)

I could agree with that. All of those teams possess great depth and/or versatility in the frontcourt.

st3voness
09-19-2010, 11:17 PM
Anyone agree with:

Lakers
Heat
Bulls
Celtics
(maybe Mavs?)

Lakers
Celtics
Mavs
Heat
Bulls

I like your backcourt, but Butler > Deng, Dirk >>>> Boozer, Noah> Haywood. And honestly, I might not even put the Heat in that list. Their backcourt is going to win their games, not their front court.

MrfadeawayJB
09-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Not trying to be a homer here but how the hell do you not have Gasol/Randolph/Gay on the list?

sargon21
09-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Lakers
Celtics
Mavs
Heat
Bulls

I like your backcourt, but Butler > Deng, Dirk >>>> Boozer, Noah> Haywood. And honestly, I might not even put the Heat in that list. Their backcourt is going to win their games, not their front court.

Well, I have to disagree with the celtics being that high... Noah>Shaq, Boozer>Garnett (now), and Deng and Pierce are closer than people think, Deng often gets overlooked ... as to the Mavs, I think it's pretty clear, statistically wise, Deng>Butler, and yes Dirk is >> Boozer, but Boozer provides more intangibles such as rebounding, who along with Noah will form one of the top 3ish rebounding teams in the league and yes Noah>> Haywood/Chandler, so that's why I put the Bulls ahead of both the Celtics and Mavs. Thoughts?

sargon21
09-19-2010, 11:24 PM
Not trying to be a homer here but how the hell do you not have Gasol/Randolph/Gay on the list?

I agree, they def. are just as good as some other frontcourts on that list, possibly top 5-7...

justinnum1
09-19-2010, 11:25 PM
Well, I have to disagree with the celtics being that high... Noah>Shaq, Boozer>Garnett (now), and Deng and Pierce are closer than people think, Deng often gets overlooked ... as to the Mavs, I think it's pretty clear, statistically wise, Deng>Butler, and yes Dirk is >> Boozer, but Boozer provides more intangibles such as rebounding, who along with Noah will from one of the top 3ish rebounding teams in the league and yes Noah>> Haywood/Chandler, so that's why I put the Bulls ahead of both the Celtics and Mavs. Thoughts?

What?
09-19-2010, 11:31 PM

At this point there is should be little argument that Boozer is better then Garnett right now

Garnett clearly lost a step last year

justinnum1
09-19-2010, 11:35 PM
At this point there is should be little argument that Boozer is better then Garnett right now

Garnett clearly lost a step last year

I would still take Garnett over Boozer and I'm sure most would, in fact I will make a poll.

Here is that poll: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534282

socal Luke
09-19-2010, 11:57 PM
Lakers Frontcourt could indivudually put up 20 and 10 individually if they really wanted to.

Artest/Bynum/Gasol

Artest will be much more fluid in the Triangle in his 2nd year and IF Bynum stays HEALTHY!!! Gasol is arguably the best BIG MAN in the game. Its not even close.

I was going to post this almost word for word then I saw yours......:clap:

You can't even argue ANYTHING your saying!

socal Luke
09-19-2010, 11:58 PM
I would still take Garnett over Boozer and I'm sure most would, in fact I will make a poll.

You can have Garnett (34yrs old) and that bum knee. Boozer is better

What?
09-19-2010, 11:58 PM

Thats a poll from a month and a half ago but atm its a landslide victory for Boozer

st3voness
09-20-2010, 12:17 AM
Well, I have to disagree with the celtics being that high... Noah>Shaq, Boozer>Garnett (now), and Deng and Pierce are closer than people think, Deng often gets overlooked ... as to the Mavs, I think it's pretty clear, statistically wise, Deng>Butler, and yes Dirk is >> Boozer, but Boozer provides more intangibles such as rebounding, who along with Noah will form one of the top 3ish rebounding teams in the league and yes Noah>> Haywood/Chandler, so that's why I put the Bulls ahead of both the Celtics and Mavs. Thoughts?

I would still take Garnett over Boozer right now just because of defense. Boozer is awful defensively. Yes, Boozer provides a little bit more rebounding than Dirk, but Dirk is a superstar - Boozer's not even close. Also, Butler has a higher career PPG and higher PPG in last year's playoffs than Deng so I don't know why you're saying "statistically-wise".

beasted86
09-20-2010, 12:19 AM
Interesting the OP thinks Big Z is the starter for Miami, and Chandler for Dallas.

DeZonia
09-20-2010, 12:30 AM

:O dang>butler??? I disagree there!

Dirk>>>>>>>Boozer.... Dirk is dirk

Noah>>Haywood/Chandler? This i have to also disagree, Haywood is a beast defender and also a great rebounder. As for Chandler he has a lot to prove BUT he is 7'1 :P

Hawkeye15
09-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Really? This is talking about only starters. Big Z is the only weak point for the Heat. Bosh and Gasol are neck to neck, may be with a slight favor toward Gasol (again we don't know yet what Bosh can do playing alongside a superster, I meant two superstars), Bynum is better than Big Z but I think the difference between LeBron and Artest is more than enough to make it up. I agree Lakers front-court is more balanced with Odom. But talking only about the starters and saying they are better my a mile is just odd IMO.

the same 3 players don't start 82 games. When looking at the frontcourts of a team, you really have 4 guys usually who start a lot of games. And having Odom as your depth starter pushes it over the top. Odom had 38 starts last year, 32 the year previous.

JordansBulls
09-22-2010, 10:13 PM

What's funny?