PDA

View Full Version : You have to win one game which superstar would you want leading your team?

kArSoN RyDaH
09-17-2010, 07:10 PM
simple. if you had to win one game who would you want on your team to lead them to a victory. and why?

rockets-fan
09-17-2010, 07:15 PM
kobe...hes hit so many buzzard beaters i know that wasnt the question but what if that one game came to a last secong shot...kobe will be the man for the job

Gators123
09-17-2010, 07:21 PM
LeBron

beasted86
09-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Wade.

I saw it in the '06 Finals, I saw it in Beijing '08, I saw it throughout the 08-09 season, and I saw it in Game 5 of the '10 playoffs.

Wade just has this ability to turn into a beast when the game is on the line and carry his teammates to a win.

No knock against Kobe though because he's similar to Wade in this strength.

pedrofan45
09-17-2010, 07:25 PM
the best player in the league.. Lebron

Evolution23
09-17-2010, 07:26 PM
kobe...hes hit so many buzzard beaters i know that wasnt the question but what if that one game came to a last secong shot...kobe will be the man for the job

buzzard beaters!

TheTakeOver24
09-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Wade. He's money in must win games.

kArSoN RyDaH
09-17-2010, 07:28 PM
Wade.

I saw it in the '06 Finals, I saw it in Beijing '08, I saw it throughout the 08-09 season, and I saw it in Game 5 of the '10 playoffs.

Wade just has this ability to turn into a beast when the game is on the line and carry his teammates to a win.

fair enough. that is a valid argument considering wade led team usa. although i think you can argue kobe got them the gold because against spain he came up clutch. but again like you said, they are so similar in strengths i dont think either would be a bad pick to win one game.

Shady66
09-17-2010, 07:28 PM
LeBron

Avenged
09-17-2010, 07:30 PM
I know this thread was created to distinguish between Kobe and Lebron, but I'm going to take a different approach and say Tim Duncan..

He has all the fundamentals, experience, skill, defense, composure, intangibles, he's calm and collective, and is a proven winner..

I would go with Kobe if we're talking last seconds of the game, but for a 48 minute game, I'd go with Duncan.

kArSoN RyDaH
09-17-2010, 07:31 PM
I know this thread was created to distinguish between Kobe and Lebron, but I'm going to take a different approach and say Tim Duncan..

He has all the fundamentals, experience, skill, defense, composure, intangibles, he's calm and collective, and is a proven winner..

I would go with Kobe if we're talking last seconds of the game, but for a 48 minute game, I'd go with Duncan.

so youre psychic? :rolleyes:

Avenged
09-17-2010, 07:36 PM
so youre psychic? :rolleyes:

..... Is this not what you said in the #1 Player in the NBA thread?

all im saying is with one game to win i'd take kobe bryant in a heartbeat over any of the players listed above. and if you agree with me then i dont see how kobe bryant is not #1. yea statistics show lebron is more efficient, a better passer and better rebounded but he has a total different game from kobe.

:shrug:

kArSoN RyDaH
09-17-2010, 07:39 PM
..... Is this not what you said in the #1 Player in the NBA thread?

:shrug:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you got me. lmaoooooo.

:whistle: :whistle:

Ebbs
09-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Wade

lakers4sho
09-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Mike James made more buzzard beaters more than anyone in the entire league's history...combined.

BALLER71
09-17-2010, 07:44 PM
The player for the past couple of years.. Lebron James.

thescore53
09-17-2010, 07:46 PM
Wade.

when kobe is on beast mode he scores 81 ;) but seriously the top 3 players all have the ability to do that and probably do it better than wade.

lebron 48 points vs pistons

wade finals run. spectacular

kobe 81 points unreal !!

Cano4prez
09-17-2010, 07:47 PM
I would say Wade although it is close between him and Kobe. A case can also be made for LeBron though so yeah..

zo#33
09-17-2010, 07:49 PM
Ill take Steve Nash. Best passer in the game, one of the best shooters from any range including free throws and is super clutch

thescore53
i say brandon roy

michelangelo
Right now, none of them.

5 or 6 years ago, a prime Shaq and Duncan, in that order.

The only closer from beginning to finish the game's ever seen has been Michael Jordan.

Everyone else has a clear deficiency: Shaq and Duncan: liabilities from the line; Kobe and Wade--can't win without an all nba big; LeBron--oddly inconsistent: either unfocused or spectacular in the stretch, and so on.

Jordan won 6 rings with role players like Bill Wennington, Bill Cartwright, Luc Longley, Horace Grant and Dennis Rodman.

All of Kobe's rings are with Shaq or Gasol. LeBron has zero rings. Wade has one: with Shaq.

Basically, there isn't a true closer in the game: a guy who can dominate from beginning to end and close it out: either with defense, shooting or passing or a combination of the above, without all nba caliber help.

To answer your question: no one in the NBA right now can win a game "by themselves," i.e. with 11 role players. Jordan could and did: and not just games, but six consecutive championships when he played a full season.

kjoke
09-17-2010, 07:50 PM
rose is not a superstar

and so it beings

but the funny thing about the kobe 81 point games is that mike james had an off night and scored 26 and 10

michelangelo
09-17-2010, 07:50 PM
when kobe is on beast mode he scores 81 ;) but seriously the top 3 players all have the ability to do that and probably do it better than wade.

lebron 48 points vs pistons

wade finals run. spectacular

kobe 81 points unreal !!

Kobe's NBA finals numbers have been less than spectacular, however. Once the clamps come down, Kobe does struggle to hit shots.

kArSoN RyDaH
09-17-2010, 07:52 PM
Right now, none of them.

The only closer from beginning to finish the game's ever seen has been Michael Jordan.

Everyone else has a clear deficiency: Shaq and Duncan: liabilities from the line; Kobe and Wade--can't win without an all nba big; LeBron--oddly inconsistent: either unfocused or spectacular in the stretch, and so on.

Jordan won 6 rings with role players like Bill Wennington, Bill Cartwright, Luc Longley, Horace Grant and Dennis Rodman.

All of Kobe's rings are with Shaq or Gasol. LeBron has zero rings. Wade has one: with Shaq.

Basically, there isn't a true closer in the game: a guy who can dominate from beginning to end and close it out: either with defense, shooting or passing or a combination of the above, without all nba caliber help.

what does MJ have anything to do with this?

he won 6 rings with a HOF scottie pippen and a soon to be HOFer in Dennis Rodman who led the league 7 years straight in rebounding recording 2 seasons with 18+ rebounds at the height of 6' 6". i dont see how hes a role player. not to mention he is a two time DPOY. when MJ retired scottie was 2nd or 3rd in MVP voting. so i dont see how he won with role players.

anywayz.

Slimsim
09-17-2010, 07:53 PM
kobe

todu82
09-17-2010, 07:53 PM
kobe Bryant

Jewelz0376
09-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Kobe with Wade in a very close second... Actually Kobe and Wade are pretty much equal when it comes to playing big in big moments/games...

Cano4prez
09-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Right now, none of them.

To answer your question: no one in the NBA right now can win a game "by themselves," i.e. with 11 role players. Jordan could and did: and not just games, but six consecutive championships when he played a full season.

Your arguement is flawed. Wade had arguably the greatest finals performance ever, and Shaq with the Lakers>>>Shaq with the heat.

Also Wade/Kobe/Lebron are all "true closers" and future HOF members imo.

topdog
09-17-2010, 08:02 PM
The one with the killer instinct - the Black Mamba.

49erGiantLaker
09-17-2010, 08:03 PM
kobe

thescore53
09-17-2010, 08:04 PM
rose is not a superstar

and so it beings

but the funny thing about the kobe 81 point games is that mike james had an off night and scored 26 and 10

you bring up rose when theres alot of non superstars on the list also like..... bosh!!!

JordansBulls
09-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Derrick Rose this year.:D

streetballa
09-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Just because I still live in '04 gimme Chauncey "Mr. Big Shot" Billups

DoJoTheSlasher
09-17-2010, 08:37 PM
Dirk has like 10 game winners in the final 5 seconds of the game in the past 8-9 years. He is the best FT shooter in the clutch or at least top 3 and he is money when his team needs to score.

LOL at Bosh having 2 votes let alone 1.

Kobe is the obvious vote here.

1. Kobe
2. Dirk
3. Wade
4. LeBron
5. Durant

bal_ravens
09-17-2010, 08:39 PM
Id actually take Durant. I dont think he is quite the best player in the league, probably third behind Lebron and Kobe(not in that order), but I just feel like he can beat you several ways.

Hawkeye15
09-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Wade

jetsfan28
09-17-2010, 08:49 PM
Need a lot more info than what's given. On a terrible team, Kobe. On a decent team, LeBron. On a great team, Durant or LeBron. On a team being reffed by Dick Bavetta, Wade. Against a team with a poor offensive PF, Dirk (much better in help defense than man IMO). And if I can go back in time 5 years, then play, Duncan.

Hawkeye15
09-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Need a lot more info than what's given. On a terrible team, Kobe. On a decent team, LeBron. On a great team, Durant or LeBron. On a team being reffed by Dick Bavetta, Wade. Against a team with a poor offensive PF, Dirk (much better in help defense than man IMO). And if I can go back in time 5 years, then play, Duncan.

haha. Interesting, but you may have nailed it

justinnum1
09-18-2010, 12:23 AM
I'll take Wade.

TylerSL
09-18-2010, 04:17 AM
Wade

LBJ06
09-18-2010, 10:54 AM
I am assuming a "Do or Die" playoff situation here.

Stats from their last game before being eliminated from the playoff / after winning a game 7 series.

(Starting from my pick to my last option)

LeBron:

Rebounds: 9
Assists: 7
Blocks: .4
Steals: 1.2
FG%: 41.1 %
TO: 4.6
Worst FG%: 33% vs Spurs 2k6
Appearances: 5

Wade:

Rebounds: 3.83
Assists: 6.167
Blocks: 1.167
Steals: 1.33
FG%: 46.0 %
TO: 5.167
Worst FG%: 27.8% vs Hornets 2k4
Appearances: 6

Kobe:

Rebounds: 6.7
Assists: 3.7
Blocks: 0.7
Steals: 1
FG%: 38.9 %
TO: 3.3
Worst FG%: 25% vs Boston 2k10
Appearances: 10

Durant

Rebounds: 6
Assists: 3
Blocks: 1
Steals: 0
FG%: 21.7%
TO: 1
Worst FG%: 21.7% vs Lakers 2k10
Appearances: 1 (Game 7 vs Lakers)

I started considering numbers from Kobe on their game against the Spurs on 1999 because that's the first time he averaged 35 + mins on those situations.

I think these numbers show how the 4 players handle their most important/crucial games.

I know others will argue stats don't matter but I think these show how consistent a player is on pressure type games. It's not that you pick a player because you saw his heroic acts on just 2 games or so. How about their bad games? Did you consider their bad games and to how many times they played poorly on pressure type games? Well i think it's best to pick a player who plays consistently great on crucial games.

It's just my opinion with facts for back-up.

justinnum1
09-18-2010, 11:30 AM
I am assuming a "Do or Die" playoff situation here.

Stats on the situation.

Kobe:

Rebounds: 6.7
Assists: 3.7
Blocks: 0.7
Steals: 1
FG%: 38.9 %
TO: 3.3
Worst FG%: 25% vs Boston 2k10
Appearances: 10

LeBron:

Rebounds: 9
Assists: 7
Blocks: .4
Steals: 1.2
FG%: 41.1 %
TO: 4.6
Worst FG%: 33% vs Spurs 2k6
Appearances: 5

Wade:

Rebounds: 3.83
Assists: 6.167
Blocks: 1.167
Steals: 1.33
FG%: 46.0 %
TO: 5.167
Worst FG%: 27.8% vs Hornets 2k4
Appearances: 6

Durant

Rebounds: 6
Assists: 3
Blocks: 1
Steals: 0
FG%: 21.7%
TO: 1
Worst FG%: 21.7% vs Lakers 2k10
Appearances: 1 (Game 7 vs Lakers)

I started considering numbers from Kobe on their game against the Spurs on 1999 because that's the first time he averaged 35 + mins on those situations.

I think these numbers show how the 3 players handle their most important/crucial games.

I know others will argue stats don't matter but I think these show how consistent a player is on pressure type games. It's not that you pick a player because you saw his heroic acts on just 2 games or so. How about their bad games? Did you consider their bad games and to how many times they played poorly on pressure type games? Well i think it's best to pick a player who plays consistently great on crucial games.

It's just my opinion with facts for back-up.

Where did you come up with all those numbers...You are either obsessed with lebron, or IDK, but those numbers are all over the place.

LBJ06
09-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Where did you come up with all those numbers...You are either obsessed with lebron, or IDK, but those numbers are all over the place.

:facepalm:

Really? I know you are the one obsessed with Wade and you have no idea what you're even saying. :facepalm:

Think first before you open your mouth.

Learn your basketball

http://www.basketball-reference.com/

Those numbers are stats from their last game before being eliminated on the playoff / after winning a game 7 series.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

justinnum1
09-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Really? I know you are the one obsessed with Wade.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/

Think first before you open your mouth.

Where do you get Lebron 29pts, wade 23pts? Those are some of the worst stats I have ever seen.

I knew Lebron was going to bring some of his obsessed fans of his with him, but geez.

LBJ06
09-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Where do you get Lebron 29pts, wade 23pts? Those are some of the worst stats I have ever seen.

I knew Lebron was going to bring some of his obsessed fans of his with him, but geez.

Those numbers are stats from their last game before being eliminated from the playoff / after winning a game 7 series. I know I'm not the one who looks stu...

justinnum1
09-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Those numbers are stats from their last game before being eliminated from the playoff / after winning a game 7 series. I know I'm not the one who looks stu...

:eyebrow:

LBJ06
09-18-2010, 01:29 PM
:eyebrow:

Now you know what a "do or die" situation is on basketball.

I hope you also learned not to touch things you don't understand.

justinnum1
09-18-2010, 01:35 PM
Now you know what a "do or die" situation is on basketball.

I hope you also learned not to touch things you don't understand.

The only thing I don't understand is your obsession with LBJ.

I do know the facts, when wade has help, he is the best player on the planet, he has a ring to prove it, and he will have several more in the future along with a few more Finals MVP's. LBJ will be a great facilitator on this team, but this is Wade's team, even Riley said Wade will play the Kobe role(scorer, finisher) LBJ will have nice numbers and I hope he averages a tripple double, but you need to get over yourself.

LBJ06
09-18-2010, 01:45 PM
The only thing I don't understand is your obsession with LBJ.

I do know the facts, when wade has help, he is the best player on the planet, he has a ring to prove it, and he will have several more in the future along with a few more Finals MVP's. LBJ will be a great facilitator on this team, but this is Wade's team, even Riley said Wade will play the Kobe role(scorer, finisher) LBJ will have nice numbers and I hope he averages a tripple double, but you need to get over yourself.

What are you talking about? The topic is "You have to win one game which superstar would you want leading your team?" I picked LeBron and I even included facts to back it up.

It's clear that you are the one obsessed with Wade because I didn't even say bad things about him yet you defend him like this. I didn't even say that LeBron will average a triple double. I highly doubt it because I don't think he will average 10 rebounds next season. I didn't even say that the Heat will be LeBron's team. You are the one talking all these and that.

Right? Who is the one obsessed with a player now? :facepalm:

jackdawson
09-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Dwyane Wade with no contest. When he can turn it on, there is no one the planet to stop him, no one. He takes over a game even if it's one-on-five like no one else. He has proved throughout his career, not just one or two game.

jackdawson
09-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Wade

There we go. I didn't see your post when I posted mine. But hey, great minds think alike :cheers:

patsspurscubs
09-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Right now, none of them.

I can't believe I'm the only person to notice this. Jordan had two three-peat's, not six consecutive :laugh:.

Now, back on topic. My pick is Wade. I have thought that Wade is the best since the '06 NBA Finals. Game four against the Celtics this year was absolutely mind blowing, and it had me sold.

Patman
09-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Hm a few Years ago it would have been a nobrainer: Duncan The guy just performs in the playoffs and was an absolut defensive Monster while beeing the focal point of an offense.

Now i it is really hard, probably Kobe/Wade/Lebron/Dirk depending on the Team and opponent.

Raidaz4Life
09-20-2010, 11:00 AM
I can't believe I'm the only person to notice this. Jordan had two three-peat's, not six consecutive :laugh:.

because you completely ignored the second part of the sentence:facepalm:

lakers4sho
09-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Kobe because his will to win is just off the charts, compared with the rest of the league today. When he wants to win a game, it doesn't matter if he's hurt or whatnot, for that one game he'll give 110%. Just look at game 6 against Phoenix, he was unstoppable.

justinnum1
09-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Kobe because his will to win is just off the charts, compared with the rest of the league today. When he wants to win a game, it doesn't matter if he's hurt or whatnot, for that one game he'll give 110%. Just look at game 6 against Phoenix, he was unstoppable.

How about Game 7 vs. the celts...he realy showed up to that one:rolleyes:

lakers4sho
09-20-2010, 05:03 PM

23 points 15 rebounds key jumpshot and rebounds in the 4th to lead the comeback.

kArSoN RyDaH
09-21-2010, 01:37 AM

how about grabbing 15 rebounds and making clutch 4th quarter points in a series where each game was decided by the leading rebounding team. yeahhh okayyyyyyyyyy budddyy... :rolleyes:

MJ-BULLS
09-21-2010, 01:15 PM
Kobe Bryant right now. in the future Kevin Durant.

jackdawson
09-23-2010, 03:59 PM
Dwyane Wade hands down. No one can explode like him. PERIOD.

kobe_23chembace
09-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Dwyane Wade hands down. No one can explode like him. PERIOD.

kobe bryant hands down. No one can explode like him. PERIOD.

fixed

Jaji
09-26-2010, 09:53 AM
This forum is soooo predictable :pity:

jackdawson
09-26-2010, 11:34 PM
kobe bryant hands down. No one can explode like him. PERIOD.

fixed

No, you cannot fix my conviction because I have been following the nba for last 11 years very very closely. Dwyane Wade hands down for a match because he has turned the impossible into possible in the biggest stage of basketball world. He is the epitome of an explosion.

Khalifa21
09-27-2010, 08:34 PM
The best player in the league... LeBron.

WadeKobe
09-28-2010, 05:59 AM

Dude, from an outside observer you look like a complete ***. You're a heat fan and we're cool, we've agreed multiple times, but I just gotta say you look like a complete *** here.

You didn't contest his stats. You didn't do any research to see if he was right or wrong. You just said "those are some of the worst stats I have ever seen."

Why? Why are they the worst stats? Do you have better stats? Can you prove his stats wrong?

Seriously, it looks like you just didn't like what the stats said and then *****ed and moaned. You're better than that. Don't look so foolish.

jzstud4
09-30-2010, 10:25 AM
Kobe !!!!

sp1derm00
09-30-2010, 11:45 AM

I actually think that game only supports the argument for Kobe.

You only have to watch the game to see that despite Kobe having one of the worst shooting games he's ever had, he never gave up and found other ways to contribute. As the game progressed, Kobe's effort was the same, but the Celtics were worn down trying to contain Kobe.

CHANGO
10-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Not understand very well.

If you mean to win a game from the beginning, I pick Lebron, and then Wade. If you mean the clutch, I pick Kobe or Nowitzki.

hugepatsfan
10-02-2010, 06:02 PM
I actually think that game only supports the argument for Kobe.

You only have to watch the game to see that despite Kobe having one of the worst shooting games he's ever had, he never gave up and found other ways to contribute. As the game progressed, Kobe's effort was the same, but the Celtics were worn down trying to contain Kobe.

No. Pau and Bynum ***** slapped them on the boards. Kobe's shooting was the only reason they didn't get blown out. Kobe did try hard, but I don't give bonus points for that. Players should try in the playoffs.

All that being said, I still take Kobe. His track record speaks for himself.