PDA

View Full Version : Omri Casspi Mural Vandalized! Again

td0tsfinest
09-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Sacramento police are hoping any possible witnesses will come forward after a mural of Sacramento Kings player Omri Casspi was defaced with a swastika for the second time in a little more than a week.

Police say after a swastika was found painted on the mural of Casspi on Sept. 8, the mural was found defaced again Thursday morning.

Casspi, who is Jewish, is the only NBA player born in Israel.

The most recent incident comes after a $1,000 reward was offered by the Anti-Defamation League for information leading to an arrest after the mural was defaced the first time.

Joe Maloof, co-owner of the Sacramento Kings, released a statement Thursday describing the vandalism as "sickening acts of intolerance."

Maloof says the team is matching the reward offered by the Anti-Defamation League.

ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5582047)

This completely sad to see. Seems like people will never grow out of it.

Hellcrooner
09-17-2010, 03:13 PM
Why let it go to the media and be blown out of proportion?

that will make te stupid *******s who did it be proud of what they did and laugh and feel important,:
Look Dude Now the Jew defense league is after us!!! we have realy bothered them!!! how great we are.!!!we made the news!!!!

********, just delete the stupid thing ask police to be aware of where this stupid morons gahter ( i refuse to think this is an isolated act, they surely go puting nazi grafitis in the city regulary only it does not really come to general public because it snot Any famous person picture where they write their moronic stuff ) and when they find where they do gahter unleash the Jewish Bear with his bat!!!!!!!!

IndyRealist
09-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Unfortunately there's really no control over the media. If the local news got pics of it then it has a very good chance of making national news.

What's really sad is that it's likly a bunch of stupid teenagers who think it's a prank. Just wait until they get charged with a federal hate crime....

Jamballin L@KER
09-17-2010, 04:22 PM
dats mad messed up

Super.
09-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Ugh.

ZebraCity916
09-17-2010, 10:33 PM
:facepalm:

It's so sad that there's people in this world that still think that way. I can't wait until the people that are doing this are caught.

bears88
09-17-2010, 10:50 PM
:facepalm: x100 that's just pathetic of people to do I really do feel bad for casspi he seams like a good guy and he doesn't deserve to be treated like this I hope they catch those SOB's and let them rot in jail.

jrice9
09-17-2010, 10:52 PM
Horrible people.

Just horrible

schilling
09-17-2010, 10:53 PM
That makes me furious. Why cant people give it up with the hate? Goodness.

Korman12
09-17-2010, 11:07 PM
Stupidity will always entail racism, and we'll always see it for the rest of our lives.

bears88
09-17-2010, 11:11 PM
ITS REALLY SAD SOMETHING LIKE THIS STILL EXIST IN OUR SOCIETY in today's day of age IT JUST MAKES ME SICK TO MY STOMACH. like I SAID HOPE THEY CATCH WHOEVER DID THIS AND GETS PUNISHED.

xbrackattackx
09-17-2010, 11:17 PM
F__k Ignorance!

lakers4sho
09-17-2010, 11:20 PM
Probably just a bunch of drunk kids...

Rego247
09-17-2010, 11:39 PM

yea but twice in one week, there is intent and serious hatred behind this.

Rafer17
09-17-2010, 11:40 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ombada
09-18-2010, 12:35 AM
i guess im not welcome in sacramento... haha.

DerekRE_3
09-18-2010, 12:38 AM
They just want attention.

DerekRE_3
09-18-2010, 12:40 AM

Exactly the opposite actually. It's one person out of 400,000 doing this.

This what Casspi had to say:

"It's been all over the news over here," said Casspi. "Everybody's talking about it. It's hurtful to think that this is 2010, and there are still people like that out there. I almost don't know what to say. It's probably just some idiot who wants some publicity. But I know the people in Sacramento, and they have been wonderful to me. I know they must feel bad about this. Same thing with the Kings. I'll just let the police handle this and focus on having a great season."

Source: SacBee (http://blogs.sacbee.com/sports/kings/archives/2010/09/casspi-hurt-by.html)

eze1283
09-18-2010, 01:10 AM
So, how many people on these forums keep up to date with the Israeli/Palestinian peace process on here? Im just curious, as people said stuff like F Ignorance, and when will Racism end, or How could someone do this to an innocent person.

F'd Up situation over there, but delving more into it this past week, and Time Magazines article this week, it makes me wonder whether our support is going to the right people.

Just my two cents. bored until football this weekend and the bulls in Oct/Nov.

Hellcrooner
09-18-2010, 01:14 AM
So, how many people on these forums keep up to date with the Israeli/Palestinian peace process on here? Im just curious, as people said stuff like F Ignorance, and when will Racism end, or How could someone do this to an innocent person.

F'd Up situation over there, but delving more into it this past week, and Time Magazines article this week, it makes me wonder whether our support is going to the right people.

Just my two cents. bored until football this weekend and the bulls in Oct/Nov.

You shouldnt mix Jewis People with what ISRALY GOVERNMENT does.

Do i agree with what Israel officials do with Palestinians? Not at all.

But that does nto mean i have to agree with brainless spoiled children playing to be Nazis doing stupid , distasteful Stuff.

gwrighter
09-18-2010, 02:12 AM
Why let it go to the media and be blown out of proportion?

that will make te stupid *******s who did it be proud of what they did and laugh and feel important,:
Look Dude Now the Jew defense league is after us!!! we have realy bothered them!!! how great we are.!!!we made the news!!!!

********, just delete the stupid thing ask police to be aware of where this stupid morons gahter ( i refuse to think this is an isolated act, they surely go puting nazi grafitis in the city regulary only it does not really come to general public because it snot Any famous person picture where they write their moronic stuff ) and when they find where they do gahter unleash the Jewish Bear with his bat!!!!!!!!

der Bär Judin LOL

Allstar21
09-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Step 1: Fix the mural
Step 2: Put up a hidden camera near the mural
Step 3: Wait
Step 4: arrest the punks
Step 5: Pie

AddiX
09-18-2010, 02:25 PM

Or maybe an actual racist?:speechless:

TmacBryant
09-18-2010, 06:12 PM
You shouldnt mix Jewis People with what ISRALY GOVERNMENT does.

Do i agree with what Israel officials do with Palestinians? Not at all.

But that does nto mean i have to agree with brainless spoiled children playing to be Nazis doing stupid , distasteful Stuff.

very true, Zionism does not = Judaism.

But unfortunately many Jews think that if you are against Israel, then you are going against their religion.

Norman Finklestein ftw.

netsgiantsyanks
09-18-2010, 06:17 PM
:facepalm: people need to stop with the ********

justinnum1
09-18-2010, 06:56 PM
:pity:

Raoul Duke
09-18-2010, 08:10 PM

I think everyone is welcome there, by and large. It's a kickass city. I live in Mid-Michigan, and this place is thick with racist a-holes. You find them everywhere. Mostly doing hilariously ignorant stuff like pumping rap music at full volume in a car with a confederate flag sticker in the back window. Good stuff.