PDA

View Full Version : Mark Cuban on whether the Mavs can beat the Lakers: "Hell yes."

JordansBulls
09-17-2010, 08:43 AM
Link (http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/09/mavericks-owner-mark-cuban-hell-yes-we-c.html)

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban spoke to KRLD in Dallas recently. He predicts another 50-win season and also spoke about the perception that he was trying to take the Texas Rangers away from Nolan Ryan.

On if the Mavs can beat the Lakers:

"Hell yes. That's it. Hell yes. We've got the size now. We've got the depth. We've got a lot more depth than the Lakers. It's not even close there."

Here is the Mavs lineup.

Do you think they can beat LA?

Kidd/Barea
Butler/Terry
Marion/Stevensen
Nowitzki/T.Thomas
Chandler/Haywood

I think they probably match up with them better than anyone else out west except maybe Portland.

Ebbs
09-17-2010, 08:55 AM
Yea we can and we have. A 7 game series is different though. I dunno I really want to see how this team meshes.

Hawkeye15
09-17-2010, 08:57 AM
No, I don't think the Mavs can win a 7 game series against them. its possible, but the odds are maybe 15%. But you would expect him to answer the question like that. If he doesn't, he isn't doing his job

Slimsim
09-17-2010, 08:57 AM
Dallas choke to much in the playoffs to beat lakers in the 7 game series. But they do have the talent to dethrone them.

PrettyBoyJ
09-17-2010, 09:01 AM
But he has to remember that kobe owns the Mavs jus by himself.. And Lakers are the champs, and Mavs would have to get to the wcf cuz they've been out the 1st round lately

LTBaByyy
09-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Link (http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/09/mavericks-owner-mark-cuban-hell-yes-we-c.html)

Here is the Mavs lineup.

Kidd/Barea
Butler/Terry
Marion/Stevensen
Nowitzki/T.Thomas
Chandler/Haywood

I think they probably match up with them better than anyone else out west except maybe Portland.

Thats not even our line up lol its kidd roddy buckets butler dirk and haywood

Our bench is bareau, terry ,dee brown, dominique jones, marion, tim thomas ,chandler, mahimi and ajinca

Da Knicks
09-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Sell them tickets cuban!!!

TheTakeOver24
09-17-2010, 10:00 AM
If everyone plays to their potential then yea... I think they could beat the Lakers.

The Miami Cheat
09-17-2010, 10:08 AM
i think lakers will still beat them in the playoffs this season

Antipod
09-17-2010, 10:13 AM
No way.LAL is still very strong, maybe in a few years when Kobe gets older/retires :)

The Final Boss
09-17-2010, 10:15 AM
Every team can beat the Lakers on any given night. The question didn't ask if they can beat the Lakers in a playoff series. That answer is exponentially, no.

beasted86
09-17-2010, 10:37 AM
They can, but I don't think they will.

And as a Heat fan, I'm hoping we can get to the Finals to face the Lakers, not any other team.

Avenged
09-17-2010, 11:02 AM
If anything, he should start off with "small" goals instead of the big one seeing as his team continuously "chokes" in the postseason. He should have said they can beat the Spurs(whom eliminated them), Thunder, Nuggets, etc..

But hey, the Mavs have more depth than the Lakers and "it's not even close there". :laugh2:

KnicksorBust
09-17-2010, 11:07 AM
I actually think the Chandler/Haywood duo will work well. Don't forget that the Mavs ended the regular season as gangbusters and looked like a real threat. I definately see them as a top seed and think they can make a run in the playoffs. Of course, I'm not a lunatic. I won't bet them to make it to the Finals. But it wouldn't shock me like it would with other teams, if they did.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-17-2010, 11:24 AM
the real question is... Can they beat the Heat?

JordansBulls
I don't think it is out of the question that the Mavs can upset LA. They just aren't good enough to win it all.
Basically if they upset LA, they would just make it easier for the team that comes out of the east.

Only matchup that would be good for Dallas is vs Orlando or Chicago.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
Mav's can't beat the Nugget's, shut up Mark Cuban

Chronz
09-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Tim Thomas aint playing but they dont need him anyways. I like how they matchup against LA but it all depends on Tysons health.

PC
09-17-2010, 11:28 AM
It's possible but I don't see it happening

clehmun
09-17-2010, 11:33 AM
really? lakers' depth is not even close to mavs?
i know mavs have a better bench, but saying it's not even close is not true.

Wilson
09-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Tim Thomas aint playing but they dont need him anyways. I like how they matchup against LA but it all depends on Tysons health.

I agree, if he's healthy he's a great inside defender.

I think a lot of this depends on Andrew Bynum as well. Whenever he appears close to establishing himself as one of the best centers in the league he gets hurt, he needs to stay healthy. If he does improve again this season and stays healthy he's going to be a nightmare for teams in the play-offs.

I'm not sold on Kidd, Butler (as much as I love him) and/or Marion being able to defend Kobe though.

akay47
09-17-2010, 12:05 PM
Mark Cuban is a clown dog, Lakers clearly have the most serious depth in the league and the Mavs are wack

tbone2171
09-17-2010, 12:06 PM
For some reason, I'm just not seeing the Lakers going to the NBA Finals again this year. Can't really pinpoint it..just have a feeling.

Chacarron
09-17-2010, 12:17 PM

And as a Heat fan, I'm hoping we can get to the Finals to face the Lakers, not any other team.

:cheers: Same here.

Wilson
09-17-2010, 12:33 PM
For some reason, I'm just not seeing the Lakers going to the NBA Finals again this year. Can't really pinpoint it..just have a feeling.

It could be because they've gone to three straight finals already. I don't think anyone has gone to the NBA Finals four times in a row since the Lakers did it from '82-'85, and before then it hasn't happened since the Celtics won eight straight from the late fifties to mid sixties.

I have faith that the Lakers can get back to the Finals and win, but it is hard to keep everything running that well for four seasons in a row...

still1ballin
09-17-2010, 12:36 PM
:laugh2:

no

iggypop123
09-17-2010, 12:40 PM
It could be because they've gone to three straight finals already. I don't think anyone has gone to the NBA Finals four times in a row since the Lakers did it from '82-'85, and before then it hasn't happened since the Celtics won eight straight from the late fifties to mid sixties.

I have faith that the Lakers can get back to the Finals and win, but it is hard to keep everything running that well for four seasons in a row...

look at things the other way. lakers have been to 3 straight nba finals never once being at full strength. imagine if they finally catch a break and are healthy?

Wilson
09-17-2010, 12:50 PM
look at things the other way. lakers have been to 3 straight nba finals never once being at full strength. imagine if they finally catch a break and are healthy?

Chemistry is another thing - Andrew and Pau have never fully clicked, and Ron had some problems last season. If those guys click (and I don't see why they can't), it makes us that much stronger.

I also think our bench is much stronger with Steve Blake backing up Derek Fisher. Matt Barnes has become a bit of a question mark with his domestic violence case, but overall I still like our bench much better than last season. Lamar should be very confident after the World Championship too.

Sadds The Gr8
09-17-2010, 12:55 PM
no...i don't think Butler is good enough to be the secondary option against a team like LA.

td0tsfinest
09-17-2010, 12:59 PM
Cuban must be drinking too much of that Avion tequila ;)

But, I could see it. If, the Mavs play well on the defensive end and get some contribution on the offense from guys not named Dirk, it is possible. Caron Butler and Shawn Marion definitely need to contribute more.

Wilson
09-17-2010, 01:15 PM
no...i don't think Butler is good enough to be the secondary option against a team like LA.

I think they would have to turn to a second option by committee system (going to whoever is hot between Caron Butler, Shawn Marion and Jason Terry) if they were to have a chance.

Like I said in the Laker forum though, I think Kobe, Ron Artest, Steve Blake, Matt Barnes and even Sasha Vujacic on some nights can absolutely hound their perimeter guys.

ddhulett
09-17-2010, 01:31 PM

That's not the real question the Heat didn't even win 50 games last season The Lakers are the Champs!

So we want to dethrone the Champs that's how it is and how it should always be....I don't care what you did in the off-season it's all about the Championship off-season's don't win championships.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Thats not even our line up lol its kidd roddy buckets butler dirk and haywood

Our bench is bareau, terry ,dee brown, dominique jones, marion, tim thomas ,chandler, mahimi and ajinca

Roddy starts???
I don't think so, he's 6'0''

Sadds The Gr8
09-17-2010, 01:47 PM
I think they would have to turn to a second option by committee system (going to whoever is hot between Caron Butler, Shawn Marion and Jason Terry) if they were to have a chance.

Like I said in the Laker forum though, I think Kobe, Ron Artest, Steve Blake, Matt Barnes and even Sasha Vujacic on some nights can absolutely hound their perimeter guys.

yea. I don't even know about Marion or Terry being consistent either. Marion is only a fast break scorer at this point (something he won't be able to do much of vs LA), and Terry could score but I don't see him being able to put up 20+ PPG against the Lakers which is what they'll need from their secondary (unless Dirk averages like 35, which I also don't think will happen). The Mavs are just a jump shooting finesse team...to beat LA you have to be physical and be able to score inside.

Roddy starts???
I don't think so, he's 6'0''

exactly....if he started vs LA they'd get smoked.

Frezhnitz
09-17-2010, 01:49 PM
no way.

sep11ie
09-17-2010, 01:50 PM
I hate both teams, but...

Fish/Blake>>>>Kidd/Roddy
Kobe/Brown>>>>>>>>>>Butler/Terry
Artest/Barnes>>Marion/Stevensen
Gasol/Odom>>Dirk/Ajinca
Bynum/Ratliff=(maybe Mavs only strength)Haywood/Chandelor

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-17-2010, 01:53 PM
yea. I don't even know about Marion or Terry being consistent either. Marion is only a fast break scorer at this point (something he won't be able to do much of vs LA), and Terry could score but I don't see him being able to put up 20+ PPG against the Lakers which is what they'll need from their secondary (unless Dirk averages like 35, which I also don't think will happen). The Mavs are just a jump shooting finesse team...to beat LA you have to be physical and be able to score inside.

exactly....if he started vs LA they'd get smoked.

6'0'' guy guarding Kobe:laugh2:

DoJoTheSlasher
09-17-2010, 01:57 PM
I agree, if he's healthy he's a great inside defender.

I think a lot of this depends on Andrew Bynum as well. Whenever he appears close to establishing himself as one of the best centers in the league he gets hurt, he needs to stay healthy. If he does improve again this season and stays healthy he's going to be a nightmare for teams in the play-offs.

I'm not sold on Kidd, Butler (as much as I love him) and/or Marion being able to defend Kobe though.

Shawn Marion LOCKED DOWN Kobe last year in every game. He also locked down LeBron, Wade, Melo and Durant in every game bedides 1 or 2.

Iron24th
09-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Dallas choke to much in the playoffs to beat lakers in the 7 game series. But they do have the talent to dethrone them.

This.

CBCable
09-17-2010, 02:01 PM
another thread where someone inside the mavericks organization makes a positive comment intended to stoke enthusiasm for the upcoming season, and we get three pages of bashing.

i don't know if cubes really believes they can take the lakers or not, but really, this is no different than beasley saying the wolves are the team to beat. just innocent big mouthing to keep the energy and confidence up.

still1ballin
09-17-2010, 02:03 PM
Shawn Marion LOCKED DOWN Kobe last year in every game. He also locked down LeBron, Wade, Melo and Durant in every game bedides 1 or 2.

Did he? I know one of the games Kobe barely played due to back spasms. Do you have the stats of when they played?

CBCable
09-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Did he? I know one of the games Kobe barely played due to back spasms. Do you have the stats of when they played?

They weren't exactly "LOCKED-DOWN" or whatever, but Marion did hold the opposing teams best offensive player to below their season average. I'm digging for a source now.

still1ballin
09-17-2010, 02:08 PM
They weren't exactly "LOCKED-DOWN" or whatever, but Marion did hold the opposing teams best offensive player to below their season average. I'm digging for a source now.

Thanks

Sadds The Gr8
09-17-2010, 02:13 PM

:laugh2: that'd be the most dominant playoff performance ever

CBCable
09-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Thanks

Ok, tried to find a source that wasn't from a Mavs perspective, but couldn't, so take this for what it is.

In 2009-2010, Marion finished the season holding opposing starting small forwards to 39.4% FGs, best in NBA.

Here is a write-up of his defensive presence during last years Spurs/Mavs series:

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullColumn.php?id=2927

And here is a good follow-up analyzing Marion's performance from the entire season, including his perceived offensive decline and some other interesting numbers.

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullArchiveColumn.php?id=3009&yr=2010

Like I said, I know it's from a Mavs fan site, but the numbers are interesting and indicate that while Marion no longer shoots it like he did in PHX, he is still a great role player and an above average defender.

I'm just bored at work, no one cares about Shawn Marion.

Punkindrublic03
09-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Lakers dominate the Mavericks face.

I'll never take the Mavs seriously as long as Dirk is their #1 option. you can't win a title with Dirk as your #1... how many seasons have they failed in a row now with Dirk as their main man?

TRUTH

Heater4life
09-17-2010, 02:20 PM
shouldnt cuban worry about getting past a spurs team that just added Tiago Splitter to their rotation? Nothing like a fool of an owner to put pressure on his team instead of letting them go out there and play ball. :facepalm:

Wilson
09-17-2010, 02:20 PM

These are Kobe's scoring numbers vs. the Mavs last season:

Mavs @ Lakers, 30th October 2009: (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=291030013) 6/19, 7/9 FTs, 20 points, 37 minutes, Mavs win 94-80

Mavs @ Lakers, 3rd January 2010: (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=300103013) 6/12, 2/2 FTs, 15 points, 32 minutes, Lakers win 131-96

Lakers @ Mavs, 13th January 2010: (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=300113006) 5/11, 10 points, 35 minutes, Lakers win 100-95

Lakers @ Mavs, 24th February 2010: (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=300224006) 9/23, 2/2 FTs, 20 points, 40 minutes, Mavs win 101-96

It's interesting that Kobe had two games where he took twelve and eleven shots. When he did shoot closer to twenty shots he did struggle though.

The game on 13th January was the one where Kobe was dealing with the back issues, he played 11 minutes in the first half, taking (and missing) one shot but played the entire second half.

Heater4life
09-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Lakers dominate the Mavericks face.

I'll never take the Mavs seriously as long as Dirk is their #1 option. you can't win a title with Dirk as your #1... how many seasons have they failed in a row now with Dirk as their main man?

TRUTH

Loving the sonics love bro. Cant wait to see them again.

still1ballin
09-17-2010, 02:28 PM
Ok, tried to find a source that wasn't from a Mavs perspective, but couldn't, so take this for what it is.

In 2009-2010, Marion finished the season holding opposing starting small forwards to 39.4% FGs, best in NBA.

Here is a write-up of his defensive presence during last years Spurs/Mavs series:

And here is a good follow-up analyzing Marion's performance from the entire season, including his perceived offensive decline and some other interesting numbers.

Like I said, I know it's from a Mavs fan site, but the numbers are interesting and indicate that while Marion no longer shoots it like he did in PHX, he is still a great role player and an above average defender.

thanks for the info

Wilson
09-17-2010, 02:29 PM

I don't have time to read through those properly right now but thanks for posting, I didn't realise Marion was so efficient defensively

Chronz
09-17-2010, 02:30 PM

What makes you think hes guarding Kobe and not their 6"5 PG who struggles to defend his position? Dont you think they will just switch? Since you know, its what Kidd has done his entire career?

CBCable
09-17-2010, 02:36 PM
thanks for the info

I don't have time to read through those properly right now but thanks for posting, I didn't realise Marion was so efficient defensively

no problem guys. i've got the lakers for the 'ship this year but the mavs/lakers regular season games should be great, and meeting the playoffs would be awesome, too. no lakers v. mavs in the kobe/dirk era. would be fun to watch.

LTBaByyy
09-17-2010, 02:43 PM
What makes you think hes guarding Kobe and not their 6"5 PG who struggles to defend his position? Dont you think they will just switch? Since you know, its what Kidd has done his entire career?

Thank you.

He doesnt watch the mavs so he wouldnt know

-Kobe24-TJ19-
09-17-2010, 02:53 PM

Kidd can play defense on kobe only in spurts, remember he's 38 and when Marion is on kobe and roddy on fisher or blake who will guard our bad boys artest and barnes.Kidd???Dont think so.

Sadds The Gr8
09-17-2010, 02:55 PM

Thank you.

38 year old guarding Kobe...

I think it'd be Marion or Butler guarding him, but regardless, it'd be foolish to start Beaubois over Marion.

CBCable
09-17-2010, 03:01 PM
38 year old guarding Kobe...

I think it'd be Marion or Butler guarding him, but regardless, it'd be foolish to start Beaubois over Marion.

I agree Marion or Butler will probably be tasked with guarding Kobe. JKidd has trouble with the Chris Pauls and Deron Williamses of the world, but Derek Fisher isn't that type of waterbug point guard.

Pending his development, I don't mind starting Roddy and bringing Marion off the bench with Jet for a pretty solid defensive/offensive punch off the bench. Throw in Chandler and that's a nice second unit.

Another pro to Roddy starting at the 2 is it keeps Caron or Marion from logging significant minutes there, where they both struggled this past season.

nycericanguy
09-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Possible, but not likely. OKC has that Cole kid at center now. Durant, Westbrook, Green, & Harden will be a year more experienced and better. They could challenge the Lakers IMO, although they are probably still a year away.

Chronz
09-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Thank you.

I dont watch the Mavs but I know what a coach would think, and I know Kidd has done that his entire career.

Kidd can play defense on kobe only in spurts, remember he's 38 and when Marion is on kobe and roddy on fisher or blake who will guard our bad boys artest and barnes.Kidd???Dont think so.
Im not agreeing with him that Roddy will start, Im only saying that if the coaching staff was to go that route, they wouldnt go about defending Kobe with their quick midget, while their tall guard who struggles to defend those same quick guys sits on the stay at home guards the Lakers have.

Mavs have no true 2 so it will be interesting to see where they go with that but my guess is they will have a revolving door in terms of lineups and just go with whatever the matchup dictates come playoff time.

One things for sure, they need to make minutes for Roddy. Considering his playing style and size, they need to make sure most of those minutes come alongside Kidd. Only way to do that is to put him in the starting lineup so I wouldnt be surprised if he did start. It all depends on the kids ability and what the Mavs think of his potential.

Boo2u
09-17-2010, 03:15 PM
No, I don't think the Mavs can win a 7 game series against them. its possible, but the odds are maybe 15%. But you would expect him to answer the question like that. If he doesn't, he isn't doing his job

:rolleyes: Right on... do you expect any owner to say anything else but "Yes, we can win."

And in the Mavs case, they have a decent shot at delivering too.

RaiderLakersA's
09-17-2010, 03:45 PM

Finally, someone who sees it the same way that I do. :clap:

Over each of the last 3 seasons we've battled through injuries at key positions. Last year our #1 star had so many different health issues that you could have called him the Red Cross, instead of the Black Mamba. I realize every team has issues to deal with come playoff time, but for once, it would be nice to see a match up in the Finals with both teams at full strength.

Gibby23
09-17-2010, 03:57 PM
lol

LTBaByyy
09-17-2010, 04:20 PM
I dont watch the Mavs but I know what a coach would think, and I know Kidd has done that his entire career.

Im not agreeing with him that Roddy will start, Im only saying that if the coaching staff was to go that route, they wouldnt go about defending Kobe with their quick midget, while their tall guard who struggles to defend those same quick guys sits on the stay at home guards the Lakers have.

Im just saying that won't be a problem, 5'8 Bareau used to be a starting 2 for A LOT of games when howard was injured and we still won games so yeah

Hunter48MVP
09-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Mark Cuban is the most stupidest person in the world. I hate him and his pathetic Mavericks. He just knows how to talk ****. Anyways his Mavericks shouldn't even be compared to the Lakers. Lakers are a better and more talented team than the Mavericks.

Avenged
09-17-2010, 05:33 PM
I actually thought the Mavs had a really good shot at beating the Lakers this past season in the playoffs given their depth and they seemed to match-up very well with them as well. (pre butler/Haywood acqusitions).. Then when they got them, they really turned up the notch in the regular season and was certain a WCF meeting between the two would take place..

But now, I'm not so sure the Mavs can keep up with the Lakers. Depth wise, I still think the Lakers have more.. But what it comes down to is experience and the "killer instinct" the Lakers possess, on top of a better coaching staff as well.

SA5195
09-17-2010, 05:35 PM
And then bam the Mavs get out of the 1st round... :hide:

CBCable
09-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Mark Cuban is the most stupidest person in the world. I hate him and his pathetic Mavericks. He just knows how to talk ****. Anyways his Mavericks shouldn't even be compared to the Lakers. Lakers are a better and more talented team than the Mavericks.

nice input

socal Luke
09-17-2010, 06:34 PM
LOL!!! that ****** Cuban also said last year that he was happy that Artest joined the Lakers.....like he was going to cause problems and mess up the Lakers chemistry. I think sometimes that loud mouth punk just runs his mouth to hear himself, the Mavs and no other team in the West will take the Lakers past 6 games in the playoffs. The east is different, the Celtics and maybe the Heat (everyone's paper champs) could possibly take down the champs??? but let's not forget they've been the BEST team in the playoffs than any other team the last 2 years and that's why they're the 2-time DEFENDING CHAMPS!!! show some respect Mr Youtube.

Jenceman
09-17-2010, 06:38 PM
Yeah they appear to have the talent, but it seemed that way the last few years as well.

And look at what happened.

John Walls Era
09-17-2010, 06:39 PM
I always jump onto the bandwagon, but the Mavs never deliver. I certainly think they matchup well against the Lakers, but only time will tell. IMO this is probably the 2nd best Mavs team I've seen (The year they made the finals, they were really good)

DCB/LAL
09-17-2010, 08:03 PM
One thing im gonna say is LA comes to play in the playoffs no talking if they wanna beat LA they better be ready to play their best ball possible to even make it a series.

LA turns up the Defensive intensity and can score with the best of them

DoJoTheSlasher
09-17-2010, 08:39 PM
I think we can beat LA and there was nothing wrong with a simple "Hell Yes" from Cuban although I wish he would just shut up with many of the other things he says......

Can we beat LA in a 7 game series? Yes

Will we win a game 7 on the road vs Kobe? Probably not

BALLER R
09-17-2010, 08:54 PM

if they cant they better get out the kitchen

DoJoTheSlasher
09-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Kidd guards Fisher
Marion guards Kobe
Butler guards Artest
Dirk guards Gasol
Haywood guards Bynum

Marion/Dirk guard Odom
Chandler guards Odom/Bynum

Fisher won't do much but will hit a big shot all the time in the end.
Kobe is Kobe and Marion can hold him to 20 or fewer.
Artest isn't much offensively, we just need to worry how he guards Butler.
Gasol, stopping Dirk? No... Gasol can't guard Dirk.
Bynum will get his low post points but Haywood will make him fight for it.
Chandler will be able to fight with Bynum and keep up with Odom.

Overall, we would make it a good series.

Eagles4Lyfe
09-17-2010, 09:03 PM
either way ppl look at it lakers n celtics are going to meet in the finals, as hard as people want to deny we cant avoid the inevitable

Eagles4Lyfe
09-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Kidd guards Fisher
Marion guards Kobe
Butler guards Artest
Dirk guards Gasol
Haywood guards Bynum

Marion/Dirk guard Odom
Chandler guards Odom/Bynum

Fisher won't do much but will hit a big shot all the time in the end.
Kobe is Kobe and Marion can hold him to 20 or fewer.
Artest isn't much offensively, we just need to worry how he guards Butler.
Gasol, stopping Dirk? No... Gasol can't guard Dirk.
Bynum will get his low post points but Haywood will make him fight for it.
Chandler will be able to fight with Bynum and keep up with Odom.

Overall, we would make it a good series.

Im sorry but marion holding kobe to under 20 :laugh: wowww and your forgetting dirk cant guard gasol so whats your point..If anyhting they should put a younger butler on kobe and see what he can do and im sorry but your bigs dont have the length needed to beat the lakers..

dc5jdm
09-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Dirk cannot guard Gasol either.

Tanakid777
09-17-2010, 09:45 PM

Oh the irony :facepalm:

godolphins
09-17-2010, 11:29 PM
What was he suppose to say? "no we can't beat the lakers?

DoJoTheSlasher
09-18-2010, 02:36 AM
Im sorry but marion holding kobe to under 20 :laugh: wowww and your forgetting dirk cant guard gasol so whats your point..If anyhting they should put a younger butler on kobe and see what he can do and im sorry but your bigs dont have the length needed to beat the lakers..

Posted b yWilson earlier:

Mavs @ Lakers, 30th October 2009: 6/19, 7/9 FTs, 20 points, 37 minutes, Mavs win 94-80

Mavs @ Lakers, 3rd January 2010: 6/12, 2/2 FTs, 15 points, 32 minutes, Lakers win 131-96

Lakers @ Mavs, 13th January 2010: 5/11, 10 points, 35 minutes, Lakers win 100-95

Lakers @ Mavs, 24th February 2010: 9/23, 2/2 FTs, 20 points, 40 minutes, Mavs win 101-96

It's interesting that Kobe had two games where he took twelve and eleven shots. When he did shoot closer to twenty shots he did struggle though.

The game on 13th January was the one where Kobe was dealing with the back issues, he played 11 minutes in the first half, taking (and missing) one shot but played the entire second half.

you were saying?

And we have three 7 footers while LA has 2. How do we not have the length?

Dirk is 7'0
Haywood is 7'0
Chandler is 7'1
Mahinimi is 6'10
Marion is 6'7
Butler is 6'6
Kidd our PG, is 6'4

yes we have the length

JRisdabest
09-18-2010, 03:00 AM
mavs>lakers

bolts4ever
09-18-2010, 04:42 AM
I can see Mark Cuban now in the locker room huging and crying with Dirk after game 5. Why is everyine talking like the Lakers didint just win Back-to-Back Rings like the Lakers are just gonna give the Mavericks and the Heat and whoever else the THRONE!!!

7 game series Mark!!!!!

RedRicanoBx
09-18-2010, 08:13 AM
Cuban must be drinking too much of that Avion tequila ;)

But, I could see it. If, the Mavs play well on the defensive end and get some contribution on the offense from guys not named Dirk, it is possible. Caron Butler and Shawn Marion definitely need to contribute more.

lmfaooo hahahahahaaaaa

JordansBulls
09-18-2010, 01:02 PM

Mavs @ Lakers, 30th October 2009: 6/19, 7/9 FTs, 20 points, 37 minutes, Mavs win 94-80

Mavs @ Lakers, 3rd January 2010: 6/12, 2/2 FTs, 15 points, 32 minutes, Lakers win 131-96

Lakers @ Mavs, 13th January 2010: 5/11, 10 points, 35 minutes, Lakers win 100-95

Lakers @ Mavs, 24th February 2010: 9/23, 2/2 FTs, 20 points, 40 minutes, Mavs win 101-96

you were saying?

Dirk is 7'0
Haywood is 7'0
Chandler is 7'1
Mahinimi is 6'10
Marion is 6'7
Butler is 6'6
Kidd our PG, is 6'4

yes we have the length

I just think the Mavs would have to win 2 games in LA to even have a shot as they will more than likely drop 1 in Dallas.

sep11ie
09-18-2010, 01:10 PM

you were saying?

Dirk is 7'0
Haywood is 7'0
Chandler is 7'1
Mahinimi is 6'10
Marion is 6'7
Butler is 6'6
Kidd our PG, is 64

yes we have the length

fixed

llemon
09-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Mark Cuban is as full of crap as Shaq is.

Mavrix
09-18-2010, 08:37 PM

Here is the Mavs lineup.

Kidd/Barea
Butler/Terry
Marion/Stevensen
Nowitzki/T.Thomas
Chandler/Haywood

Ummmmmm where is Beaubious?

koreancabbage
09-18-2010, 11:19 PM
mark cuban is a douche bag and will say anything that comes to his mind. His Mavericks are good still, but in a 7 game series, give me Lakers.

lamar2006
09-18-2010, 11:34 PM

I have a feeling you wont even make the finals. So no worries for us Lakers fans we will probably get Orlando or Boston again.

godolphins
09-18-2010, 11:37 PM
The mavs can't beat the lakers to win the west.

Fargus
09-18-2010, 11:41 PM
fixed

LMAO! that **** was funny.

ccg34
09-18-2010, 11:47 PM
My prediction is they can beat them in only one regular season game. There is no way they can beat LA in the playoffs unless Kobe is injured.

JordansBulls
09-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Ummmmmm where is Beaubious?

Forgot about the guy actually.

SouljahPhil...
09-19-2010, 10:25 AM

you were saying?

Dirk is 7'0
Haywood is 7'0
Chandler is 7'1
Mahinimi is 6'10
Marion is 6'7
Butler is 6'6
Kidd our PG, is 6'4

yes we have the length

yeah you have the length but keep dreaming of beating LA..LOL!

it will never ever happen when kobe is still playing...

Mavrix
09-19-2010, 08:29 PM
Forgot about the guy actually.

:facepalm:

SouthSideRookie
09-19-2010, 09:10 PM
If the Mavs can't take care of business against inferior teams in the playoffs what makes anyone think they have a chance to beat the Lakers if they were to meet.:facepalm:

Wade>You
09-19-2010, 09:12 PM

Lakers @ Mavs, 24th February 2010: 9/23, 2/2 FTs, 20 points, 40 minutes, Mavs win 101-96Numbers don't matter when you're talking about the best player in the world.

NYMetros
09-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Dallas usually folds under pressure. I couldn't imagine them beating the Lakers in the playoffs.

Point Blank
09-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Don't know why some of you are making it seem like it's impossible..lol.

JordansBulls
09-20-2010, 09:22 PM

:)

still1ballin
09-20-2010, 09:29 PM

sick sig bro. We should def. make another sig bet this upcoming season.

JordansBulls
09-21-2010, 08:12 AM

:clap:

Mavrix
09-21-2010, 12:38 PM

fAsh0 br0