PDA

View Full Version : seeing as miami are probably going to sign erick dampier.........

MTar786
09-17-2010, 05:30 AM
do you guys think this puts them over the top?
i know he's not the best of players.
but now he gives them that size and rebounding that they CLEARLY need.
i was not worried about them. i thought to myslef boston and LA's size will be too much for miami.
erick will slow them down a bit now.. he's not defensive player of the year or anything.. but he is 6'11 and can rebound, ilgauskus is big too.. and can play his 17 mins. joel can play 10 or so and be a 3rd string pf.
this IMO really helps them.. n i now see a miami LA finals rather than an LA Boston finals. I see this going 7 games either way too.
miamis only concern is if wade bosh and lebron have chemistry.
people say the have no depth.. but they do.
firstly, im sure 2 of the big 3 will ALWAYS be on the floor.
secondly most teams have 9 or 10 men rotations in the seaosn and 8 man rotations in the playoffs

season:
lebron
wade
bosh
house
chalmers
miller
big z
anthony
haslem
dampier

playoffs:
lebron
wade
bosh
chalmers and house split mins
miller
dampier
big z
haslem

spreadeagle
09-17-2010, 05:32 AM
Im not sure he will sign there and if he did It would help them at C but put them over the top...no. Damp and Big Z =2 old slow centers

MTar786
09-17-2010, 05:34 AM
they also = two big bodies. plus i wouldnt call shaq and perkins speedy gonzales

spreadeagle
09-17-2010, 05:37 AM
they also = two big bodies. plus i wouldnt call shaq and perkins speedy gonzales

But Gasol and Bynum will smash em.Noah and Boozer,Howard and Gortat all much better

MTar786
09-17-2010, 05:51 AM
But Gasol and Bynum will smash em.Noah and Boozer,Howard and Gortat all much better

ya but the bulls have no chance of beating miami anyway

dwight isnt the best offensive player but he will rebound like crazy.. u are right about gortat though. plus gorat and howard wont be in at the same time. bosh will own lewis. still.. orlandos team isnt good enough either to compete. i feel this may eliminate bostons chances of getting past miami

But i totally agree with pau and bynum.. eric may slow bynum down a little.. but gasol will out speed and bynum will over power

spreadeagle
09-17-2010, 05:58 AM
ya but the bulls have no chance of beating miami anyway

dwight isnt the best offensive player but he will rebound like crazy.. u are right about gortat though. plus gorat and howard wont be in at the same time. bosh will own lewis. still.. orlandos team isnt good enough either to compete. i feel this may eliminate bostons chances of getting past miami

But i totally agree with pau and bynum.. eric may slow bynum down a little.. but gasol will out speed and bynum will over power

As weird as it sounds Miami should have taken Shaq,he just would have stood there and took up a ton of space in the paint.Bosh can score and rebound too but isnt very big or intimidating .A Shaq Bosh frontcourt would have been BAWSSSS.

MTar786
09-17-2010, 06:41 AM
As weird as it sounds Miami should have taken Shaq,he just would have stood there and took up a ton of space in the paint.Bosh can score and rebound too but isnt very big or intimidating .A Shaq Bosh frontcourt would have been BAWSSSS.

:clap:

atleast someone thinks like me. i thought the same.. plus shaq could have played with bosh. bosh is more an outside the paint guy.

last year shaq proved he wouldnt clog the paint for lebron.

and worst case senario he could have been the bench leader.. kicking out to mike miller and eddie house for open threes. plus shaq plays really well against dwight

Carter305
09-17-2010, 06:50 AM
yes it does. until the haters dig and find something else to hate on now that if we sign hin the whole no big body center argument will be over. plus we don need him we will be blowing teams out the water except for maybe the magic celtics lakers!

spreadeagle
09-17-2010, 08:31 AM
yes it does. until the haters dig and find something else to hate on now that if we sign hin the whole no big body center argument will be over. plus we don need him we will be blowing teams out the water except for maybe the magic celtics lakers!

They should just hand Miami the rings now right:facepalm:

Hawkeye15
09-17-2010, 08:56 AM
Dampier would never the the player that put a team over the top. He is simply a 7 footer who can eat up 10 mpg and stand there, and get a putback here or there.

king4day
09-17-2010, 09:27 AM

With the Shaq/Amar'e experiment not working, I don't know it would be any better with Bosh.
Plus, Lebron and Wade will need to get to the rim a lot so it'd be tough with Shaq there. I don't think their coach will be able to fix that.

...I think if they get Dampier, then they're in great shape. They don't need a post scorer, just a big body.

Hellcrooner
09-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Can we skip the regular boredome and jump already to the Second round of playfss?

SO celts, or magic put an end to this ****?????

spreadeagle
09-17-2010, 09:47 AM
Can we skip the regular boredome and jump already to the Second round of playfss?

I will crap my pants with joy if Miami goes like 51-31 and gets knocked out in the conference final's.Mike Miller is a nice piece for them though hes underated

Niro
09-17-2010, 09:56 AM

well yeah but they have 2 of the best 4 players on their team so thats blows away the disadvantage under the boards (which isnt too big anyway)

sep11ie
09-17-2010, 09:56 AM

Who are the Magic Celtic Lakers?

mikealike305
09-17-2010, 10:06 AM
i'd say signing lebron and bosh put us over the top :) but for real.... damp, if we sign him is going to help us, not alot but i say it should atleast help the 5 spot

mikealike305
09-17-2010, 10:08 AM
I will crap my pants with joy if Miami goes like 51-31 and gets knocked out in the conference final's.Mike Miller is a nice piece for them though hes underated

so would i :)

thekmp211
09-17-2010, 10:29 AM
no. i read one sentence and no responses. eric dampier hasn't put a team over the top since aau.

mikantsass
09-17-2010, 10:46 AM
Who are the Magic Celtic Lakers?

they are the new team from BosLAndo

Celtic AL
09-17-2010, 11:05 AM
nope not yet

Chronz
09-17-2010, 11:31 AM
The final piece of the puzzle, Damp gives them the last bit they needed, heres hoping hes still an adequate defender and that his rebounding doesnt diminish.

sep11ie
09-17-2010, 11:36 AM
they are the new team from BosLAndo

Thats actually a cool sounding city.

D Roses Bulls
09-17-2010, 11:39 AM

:clap::clap::clap:

Rivera
09-17-2010, 11:45 AM
is there a link where it says eric dampier is close to signin with the heat?

if no this is another miami fan just postin sum random ish abt how the heat is gonna kick everyones ***

this is not legit i have not seen anystory that says the heat are close to signin damp

link or close this thread!!! miami heat bandwagon fans are gettting sooooo much on my nerves its disgusting im a die hard red sox fan.....and im starting to like yankee fans compared to heat fans

thats saying something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delrayhc
09-17-2010, 11:53 AM

if no this is another miami fan just postin sum random ish abt how the heat is gonna kick everyones ***

this is not legit i have not seen anystory that says the heat are close to signin damp

link or close this thread!!! miami heat bandwagon fans are gettting sooooo much on my nerves its disgusting im a die hard red sox fan.....and im starting to like yankee fans compared to heat fans

Red Sox fans are just as bad if not worse than Heat bandwagon fans

Now THATS saying something!!!!!!!!

Chacarron
09-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Dampier does not put them over the top. They have a lot of bodies at the C position, but most of them won't see much playing time unless those old, old players suffer injuries. Joel Anthony is the best fit for them, cus he plays D but is undersized.

Heater4life
09-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Puts them over the top? no. Thats lebron, wade, and bosh. Helps them greatly? yes. We have a big body to box out on boards and contest shots. thats all they need down low. Some of you guys act like if Miami needs Dwight Howard down there. A big body that can hold his ground battle for boards and provide defense greatly helps our roster. Cant wait for the season to start....

arkanian215
09-17-2010, 12:03 PM

It's speculation at the moment. The Rockets look like the only team to have offered anything to Damp.
This guy thinks that Damp will go to the Heat.
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/24605072

ATX
09-17-2010, 12:03 PM
:clap: We have a big body to box out on boards and contest shots. thats all they need down low. Some of you guys act like if Miami needs Dwight Howard down there. A big body that can hold his ground battle for boards and provide defense greatly helps our roster.

This

Hawkeye15
09-17-2010, 12:07 PM
please use links when creating threads. Thanks

MTar786
09-17-2010, 01:01 PM
my last thread got closed for a very odd reason. i had no link. you know, when i log onto nba rumors on PSD the link is right there. here it is hawkeye :confused:

http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/24605072

ANYWAY!

do you guys think this puts them over the top?
i know he's not the best of players.
but now he gives them that size and rebounding that they CLEARLY need.
i was not worried about them. i thought to myslef boston and LA's size will be too much for miami.
erick will slow them down a bit now.. he's not defensive player of the year or anything.. but he is 6'11 and can rebound, ilgauskus is big too.. and can play his 17 mins. joel can play 10 or so and be a 3rd string pf.
this IMO really helps them.. n i now see a miami LA finals rather than an LA Boston finals. I see this going 7 games either way too.
miamis only concern is if wade bosh and lebron have chemistry.
people say the have no depth.. but they do.
firstly, im sure 2 of the big 3 will ALWAYS be on the floor.
secondly most teams have 9 or 10 men rotations in the seaosn and 8 man rotations in the playoffs

season:
lebron
wade
bosh
house
chalmers
miller
big z
anthony
haslem
dampier

playoffs:
lebron
wade
bosh
chalmers and house split mins
miller
dampier
big z
haslem

BASICALLY what im trying to say is that i feel eric gives them the height and big body they REALLY needed. im not saying he;s MJ and he's taking them all the way by himself. but he may be the final piece to the puzzle.

and BTW im a lakers fan. someone called me a bandwagon fan for creating this thread. I guess, being unbiased turns one into a bandwagon fan. I personally hate the heat. i hate lebron and i dont like wade anymore.

TylerSL
09-17-2010, 01:26 PM
I think its just icing on the cake, I think without him the Heat can still win, but im a Heat fan so

daleja424
09-17-2010, 01:32 PM
you can have this conversation if Dampier in fact signs. But the latest reports have him deciding between a number of teams...so this seems premature.