PDA

View Full Version : The Wizards!

IAmKira
09-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Imma go out on a limp here and say they have a good chance in making the playoff granted no major injuries to Arena or another gunfight. Any1 with me? Discuss! :D

http://espn.go.com/nba/teams/roster?team=was

DeShaun Brown
09-16-2010, 08:10 PM
I have them as one of my sleeper picks.

beasted86
09-16-2010, 08:14 PM
I look at the team on paper vs. last year, and they were a 20 something win lottery team with Arenas, Caron, Jamison, and Haywood all 100% healthy.

I don't see a Cinderella story happening like how the Bucks surprised and got into the playoffs. Too young of a team, and not enough defense.

tredigs
09-16-2010, 08:16 PM
That team is a ticking time bomb. All the cards would have to fall in their favor if they want to make the playoffs. Although, it's undeniable that they have some pretty solid talent and they do play in the conference where you don't necessarily need 40 wins to creep into the playoffs, so it's not as if it's out of the question.

That said, this team would be dismantled by any of the top seeds. They're simply too young/volatile and lack true leadership.

edit:
I look at the team on paper vs. last year, and they were a 20 something win lottery team with Arenas, Caron, Jamison, and Haywood all 100% healthy.

I don't see a Cinderella story happening like how the Bucks surprised and got into the playoffs. Too young of a team, and not enough defense.

??

Arenas played 1/3 of the season, and Butler + Jamison + Haywood played 2/3rds - who are now Mavs. None of that is relevant to this years team.

I will say that a lot of their success will be dependent on how improved McGee is, along with how well he can work with the mental mess that is Andre Blatche in the frontcourt. The personalities on this team leave a lot to be desired.

netsgiantsyanks
09-16-2010, 08:21 PM
maybe in 2-3 years. this year?? na

Cosmic_Canon
09-16-2010, 08:23 PM
They have a shot along w/ the Pacers to sneak in as the 8th seed. I think they'll wind up finishing 9th in the East.

xbrackattackx
09-16-2010, 08:24 PM
The Wizards! Forum!

beasted86
09-16-2010, 08:32 PM
edit:

??

Arenas played 1/3 of the season, and Butler + Jamison + Haywood played 2/3rds - who are now Mavs. None of that is relevant to this years team.

I will say that a lot of their success will be dependent on how improved McGee is, along with how well he can work with the mental mess that is Andre Blatche in the frontcourt. The personalities on this team leave a lot to be desired.

To make it clear they were headed towards the lottery before the Arenas incident and the trades. There was talk of even firing Flip Saunders midseason. The team just never met expectations despite a whole bunch of people predicting they would make the playoffs because they had the talent.

When I look at this year's team they don't have the talent IMO.

IAmKira
09-16-2010, 08:33 PM
The Wizards! Forum!

Not a wiz fan, not asking wiz fan cuz obviously they would agree. Please aleast try to think for a few sec b4 saying "THE WIZARDS!! FORUM!!".

Bulls_fan90
09-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Wizards! Forum!!

DeShaun Brown
09-16-2010, 08:38 PM
The Wizards! Forum!

Great post! Thank you for your contributions.:shush:

Bulls_fan90
09-16-2010, 08:41 PM
I actually do think their a chance to sneak into the playoffs. A lot will depend on how Wall and Arenas work together. They have a nice team.

Guru™
09-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Maybe in 3 years or so. This team just isn't there talent wise yet, way to many holes in the roster.

IAmKira
09-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Maybe in 3 years or so. This team just isn't there talent wise yet, way to many holes in the roster.

Arenas, Wall, Blatche isnt talented enough? How about Mcgee? a young center that has great potential. A little raw on the offenseive end but great on the defensive end. Josh Howard? Capt Kirk? Yi!?

jackdawson
09-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Depending on Wall's improvement. I really want to see how Wall does and if Arenas can adjust his game to Wall's they might make push for the playoffs, but as of now it's unlikely that they will make the playoffs.

topdog
09-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Imma go out on a limp here and say they have a good chance in making the playoff granted no major injuries to Arena or another gunfight. Any1 with me? Discuss! :D

http://espn.go.com/nba/teams/roster?team=was

You really will go out on a limp because that prediction is lame! jk But it's "go out on a limb" (like you're going out onto a tree branch and putting yourself in a risky situation). Anyway, the Wiz have some nice pieces starting to build, but they are nowhere near putting it together imo.

hvg
09-16-2010, 09:12 PM
They need to trade Blatche while he still has some stock. I love his skills but he makes awful decisions both on the court and in the locker-room.

xbrackattackx
09-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Great post!( Hold on let me take OP's J. Dixon out of my mouth) Thank you for your contributions.:shush:

x2

mjt20mik
09-16-2010, 10:14 PM
I have..

Miami
Orlando
Boston
Chicago
Milwaukee
Atlanta

As the sure fire teams to make the playoffs.

The other two could be a toss up between NY, CHA, and PHI. I don't see Washington making the cut this year.

IAmKira
09-17-2010, 09:23 AM
x2

editing sum1 else's post now. Mature much? :facepalm:

Hawkeye15
09-17-2010, 09:55 AM
I can't think of any team out east that doesn't have a realistic chance, if everything goes right, to make the playoffs. 40 wins does it basically.